Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Ok I don’t know where they are going with the ‘Nina’s baby’ storyline.  I guess now it’s supposed to be Willow - who says her family has no heirlooms but looked stunned and freaked out for a couple seconds afterward.

I've always thought it was Willow, given the animosity between her and Nina.  However, I think the story would be more interesting if it were Nelle.  Since Nelle stabbed Brad in the back (figuratively), Nelle has no one on her side.  The Q's and Corinthii keep piling on her, it would balance the story more if she had at least one (*unpaid) person on her side.

*Colonel Foghorn Leghorn Sanders

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I officially Can Not with Jordan anymore.  Specifically, this actress.  She can’t act.  She can’t emote.  Her face never moves.  I hated the scene with her and Molly.  If anyone is acting like a child, it’s her.

Which brings me to the next person sleeping through her scenes as if she’s half drugged:  Sam.  So sick of her and her new Harlequin romance inspired clothing.  Jason did a decent job in those scenes at the safe house.  Sam looked about ready to laugh in his face the whole time.

Molly isn’t a slut (does One one night stand make one a slut??).  That’s a horrible thing to say (my humble opinion).  Especially on a show where middle aged women have unprotected sex and get unrealistically pregnant constantly.  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Molly isn’t a slut (does One one night stand make one a slut??).  That’s a horrible thing to say (my humble opinion).  Especially on a show where middle aged women have unprotected sex and get unrealistically pregnant constantly.  

Fine, I revise my opinion. Molly isn't a slut. Her behavior with Brando was slutty and she did cheat on TJ. And I guess Brando inherited the defected skank genes that Sonny has in spades (randomly sleeping with a person he met an hour again). 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Fine, I revise my opinion.

No need to revise your opinion, I just disagree.  It seems the only people who have sex on this show are the oldsters (I am also old so I can say that).  Molly getting pregnant or even one of the teens having sex would at least be more realistic than another 40-something getting knocked up like that’s so easy to do.  

I would have liked to see Brando hook up with Carly though.  It would serve Sonny right for trying to hard to keep Brando in town.

• Love 8

I don't think we know enough about Brando to call him a slut either. We know Molly is not one b/c she's only slept w/TJ and Brando.  She doesn't have casual sexual partners. We also know she clearly thought her relationship with TJ was over. When she left Jordan's place, she said she never thought TJ would use his mother to dump her. That gave us insight into her thinking. She thought they were over. She thought the relationship was done thanks to Jordan. She did not cheat on TJ. If she had known TJ was abducted and still slept w/Brando, that would be cheating but she thought TJ had dumped her via his mother. That was made abundantly clear. Even yesterday, she told TJ she shouldn't have lost faith in him. She believed Jordan's lies, and Jordan told her that TJ wanted nothing more to do w/her and that Molly had driven him away forever. I'm not sure why Molly was supposed to think she and TJ were still an item after that conversation. I certainly wouldn't.  

But back to the "slut" thing. We have no idea what Brando or Molly were thinking after their night together. Maybe they talked about grabbing breakfast and hanging out the rest of the day. Maybe they made plans for the evening or the next day. We don't know. And b/c we don't know, we cannot call them sluts. Maybe it was Brando's first ONS too? Who knows? We don't know if he sleeps w/every woman he meets. He seemed to like Molly. It doesn't seem like the wanted it to end after a single night. He may have wanted more like Lucas wanted more when he slept w/Brad. 

• Love 4

Willow:  I'm not doing any good here.

Me: Truer words were rarely spoken.

What a boring mess that episode was.  Could Carly and Joss by any more self-rightous? Michael any weaker? And of course, St. Jason is the only reasonable one in it.

Carly, if Nelle isn't your sister, then Avery isn't Joss and Michael's sister either.

The one bright spot was Nelle saying that she wants the 'all sins waved' pass that Carly got. But then they had to go back to Evul Nelle and Carly flashbacks again.

Re Molly:  the question for me is whether Molly was justified in thinking that her 8 year relationship to TJ, who had just proposed to her and who she had just told that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, was really ended because he wasn't answering her texts for a few days.

• Love 7

So I guess we’re getting stuck with constant flashbacks? I don’t really get the point since I’m sure they’ll still run out of episodes before they go back to filming. 

I don’t really know what to say about this episode. I’m not a Carly fan but I don’t get why it was billed as a Carly episode when it was really about Nelle. From what I gather online, Carly fans hate Nelle and wouldn’t want her backstory changed to make viewers more sympathetic to Nelle. The timeline also makes no sense. There’s no way that I buy that Carly and Nelle are that close in age. For one thing, CL barely looks her actual age so there’s no way she can pass for 35 and they are obviously going to make her Nina’s daughter who wouldn’t be that old. 

• Love 2

Okay, was today's episode 75% padded with flashbacks in an attempt by the show to stretch out their remaining filmed original content? That's the only reason I can see for such an odd, nonlinear compilation of old clips involving Nelle. Whatever the thought process behind today's show, it was excruciating. It's also the first day in weeks GH has aired in its entirety during its live broadcast in my area, and I feel cheated that the episode was so bloated with boring shit I've already seen. They could have at least thrown in the scene of Carly freaking out at Nelle's baby shower to make things a little bit fun (Morgan LOVED penguins! Never forget). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I can honestly say that I did not at all understand what was going in the episode. Flashbacks with young Carly, flashbacks with Nelle. Flashbacks here and there. 

Oh, look at Jason, everyone's bitch when it comes to eliminating a problem. Joss has some nerve. 

And I just can't with the whole quadrangle over Wiley. Willow's obsessiveness is unhealthy, Michael keeps making puppy eyes at her, like he's subliminally trying to tell her that they have to marry to protect Wiley, Sasha keeps giving her sad eyes and Chase looks like a deer caught in headlights. And the screws in Willow's brain are coming loose. 

And where in the fucking world is Lucas? Wiley had surgery and is going to need another one and he is no where to be seen. He's fallen off the face of the earth. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Re Molly:  the question for me is whether Molly was justified in thinking that her 8 year relationship to TJ, who had just proposed to her and who she had just told that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, was really ended because he wasn't answering her texts for a few days.

To me, she is justified b/c of Jordan's response. Jordan told her she had thrown TJ's love back at him, and that she had driven him away. Molly says she never expected to break up w/TJ, and she never expected him to break up w/her through his mother. Jordan did nothing to correct her. Molly left thinking TJ had dumped her.

Does it make sense? To me, it does. 

How much time has passed is the real question. It's been weeks, but if they're trying to say it has only been a couple of days, then, no, that makes no sense. If that's the new narrative, then I'm calling that out as plain bad writing. In my mind, it's been weeks of radio silence.   

So, she had been trying to reach him for weeks w/no response. He continues to only text/call his mother according to Jordan. He doesn't show up to work. I'm not sure what else Molly was supposed to think, esp. after speaking to Jordan. I certainly would be wondering if I was still in a relationship w/someone who doesn't speak to me for weeks. Molly determined they were no longer dating, and I cannot blame her. I completely understand why she came to that conclusion. 

• Love 6

I have to laugh every time they call Wiley "tiny" when it comes to the surgery. He's not some preemie having an operation right after being born. He's almost 2 years old.That's young, definitely, but Wiley is not that small size-wise, and it's not as if he's had so many problems until now. He's pretty healthy.

The flashbacks about the kidney sale are reasonable, if unnecessary. That did happen more than a week ago, even if we hear about it fairly regularly. The flashbacks with Nina and Joss as Virginia and Caroline were HILARIOUSLY bad.

• Love 4
(edited)

Willow’s obsession with Wiley should be seen as unhealthy. She’s clearly using him as a replacement for her dead son. It’s really no different than Kim trying to get pregnant immediately after Oscar died. They are going to ignore it because it’s going to be the reason that she ends up marrying Michael but this whole thing is a mess and she needs to be in therapy. The whole YA quad sucks. Michael shouldn’t be the lead of anything when everyone else has to stand up for him, Willow has become really unlikeable, I’m still not sure what the point of Sasha is, and Chase is too buddy-buddy with the Corinthii. They make it really easy to root for Nelle even though she’s far from a good person. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

To me, she is justified b/c of Jordan's response. Jordan told her she had thrown TJ's love back at him, and that she had driven him away. Molly says she never expected to break up w/TJ, and she never expected him to break up w/her through his mother. Jordan did nothing to correct her. Molly left thinking TJ had dumped her.

Does it make sense? To me, it does. 

How much time has passed is the real question. It's been weeks, but if they're trying to say it has only been a couple of days, then, no, that makes no sense. If that's the new narrative, then I'm calling that out as plain bad writing. In my mind, it's been weeks of radio silence.   

So, she had been trying to reach him for weeks w/no response. He continues to only text/call his mother according to Jordan. He doesn't show up to work. I'm not sure what else Molly was supposed to think, esp. after speaking to Jordan. I certainly would be wondering if I was still in a relationship w/someone who doesn't speak to me for weeks. Molly determined they were no longer dating, and I cannot blame her. I completely understand why she came to that conclusion. 

Molly and TJ are in an adult relationship, Jordan doesn't response shouldn't mean anything, especially since she couldn't track TJ down at all. Now Jordan is a fucking idiot, but her "feelings" and view on TJ's relationship in the end are not that important and considering that Curtis was giving a slightly different view point to calm Molly down, Molly should have questioned if something is up. 

And in Port Charles, TJ being kidnapped should be an option if she can't reach him at all except for the occasional text message which anyone could fake. Molly's own father was kidnapped by the mob at one time, so she know it could be a possibility. 

And a med student not showing up for work? Huge, huge red flag. You can't get a med student not to show up to a shift, even if they are deathly ill. My cousin and one of my fellow former bridesmaids won't ever miss a shift at a hospital, the bridesmaid didn't take a break until she started running a 100+ fever. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, lala2 said:

It's been weeks for the viewers, but the passage of time in Show? a week at the most.

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Molly and TJ are in an adult relationship, Jordan doesn't response shouldn't mean anything, especially since she couldn't track TJ down at all. Now Jordan is a fucking idiot, but her "feelings" and view on TJ's relationship in the end are not that important and considering that Curtis was giving a slightly different view point to calm Molly down, Molly should have questioned if something is up. 

What can I say? They had Molly say she never thought TJ would use his mother to break up w/her, so that lets us know what Molly was thinking. Molly was thinking the relationship was over. 

Should she have thought that? That is up to each person to decide for themselves.  But it is clear that is what she thought. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

What can I say? They had Molly say she never thought TJ would use his mother to break up w/her, so that lets us know what Molly was thinking. Molly was thinking the relationship was over. 

Should she have thought that? That is up to each person to decide for themselves.  But it is clear that is what she thought. 

She never thought that Jordan would break up with Molly on behalf of her son, then why she think that? Especially for something as innocuous as rejecting a marriage proposal. She isn't 15 or even a teenager. She has been with TJ for 8 years. If she knows him well enough to think he wouldn't do something like that, then she shouldn't taken his mother word for it, especially since Jordan wasn't there when he proposed and has no frame of reference for accusations against Molly. And it shows poor character that a day after she has argument with Jordan she sleeps with someone else. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

She never thought that Jordan would break up with Molly on behalf of her son, then why she think that?

She thought it b/c of the things Jordan said and b/c TJ hadn't been responding to any of her calls or texts to even say, "Hey. I just need some time alone. I don't want to talk right now."  She hadn't heard anything from him. She only heard from him through his mother. She said she shouldn't have lost faith in him, which implies she did lose faith.  

I don't know what else to say. She believed he had dumped her, and she lost faith in him. That's the narrative we've been given. 

Again, how one feels about what she thought is up to the individual. For me, a few weeks passed, so I think it's fine for her to think he was ditching her. 

• Love 3

The show screwed up by not making Nelle Carly’s long lost daughter when she first came on and just having her seduce Sonny instead of Michael. While it’s obviously been done before, I think it still would have been interesting because there’s no way I could see Carly trying to become a loving mother to someone who tried to destroy her life like Bobbie and Alexis did. The only part I loved in today’s episode was Nelle reading Carly on her trash history and how Michael was her golden ticket so they aren’t really any different. But it would have been so much sweeter coming from one of Carly’s kids, which we’ll never see from Michael or Joss. 

• Love 18

I get that the show likely re-edited the remaining episodes so that they last longer.  I appreciate it, though it is very jarring to be stopped every two minutes or so with a flashback.  On top of that, you add a manufactured flashback of Carly in 1995 and today was weird.

I thought Cynthia Watros did a good job playing Carly's mother Virginia but I thought Eden was all off as young Carly.  She was just playing a variation of Josslyn, right down to the same haircut and 21st century clothes.  

Willow's coming very close to stalker territory.  

• Love 7

@lala2 according to the show, a week has passed.  She has no real reason to think that TJ dumped since TJ and TJ alone didn't dump her verbally, nor confront him about his frosty attitude directly or even over the phone. I don't know about anyone, put even if I had a bad argument with my long term boyfriend, if he hasn't been shown up to work, at a hospital when he is pre med, and no one in your circle has seen him which seems atypically of his normal behavior if Molly's reaction is any indication, I think I would get suspicious, especially if his mother blows up Molly's proposal rejection completely out of proportion. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, that's lame to me (that only a week has passed). That's all I have to say about that.  

ETA : I'm still not going to fault Molly for a lame script. If a single week has passed, then, even in light of Jordan's harsh words, I do NOT think Molly should have accepted it w/o hearing something from TJ first. That's crazy to me b/c it had only been a week. Now, if a few weeks have passed, then I get her accepting what Jordan said. 

I still think "ghosting" is immature for adults, and I still think a week is pushing it to go "radio silent" on your significant other.  As I've said before, a day or two is fine, but my boyfriend would need to make contact w/me after a couple of days even if that was to say he's still upset and doesn't want to speak. That said, I don't know if I, personally, would have gone to his mother after only one week. It makes more sense if a few weeks have gone by like I originally thought, but whatever. This show is lame. 

At the end of the day though, Molly, for whatever reason, thought she had been dumped and acted under that belief. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 2

Were the flashback scenes ones that actually aired before? Some of them seemed so bad I thought maybe they were some B or C reel.  Can't wait till we get the blooper reel.  

Nu Jordan in love scene with Curtis , blech, especially since I have been watching the beautiful Vanessa A. in season 2 of her CBC serious which she is so good in.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Well, that's lame to me (that only a week has passed). That's all I have to say about that.  

ETA : I'm still not going to fault Molly for a lame script. If a single week has passed, then, even in light of Jordan's harsh words, I do NOT think Molly should have accepted it w/o hearing something from TJ first. That's crazy to me b/c it had only been a week. Now, if a few weeks have passed, then I get her accepting what Jordan said. 

I still think "ghosting" is immature for adults, and I still think a week is pushing it to go "radio silent" on your significant other.  As I've said before, a day or two is fine, but my boyfriend would need to make contact w/me after a couple of days even if that was to say he's still upset and doesn't want to speak. That said, I don't know if I, personally, would have gone to his mother after only one week. It makes more sense if a few weeks have gone by like I originally thought, but whatever. This show is lame. 

It's totally out of character for TJ to have done this, I think? But the bigger issue for me, and that Molly should have considered is, even if TJ didn't want to talk to her/needed space, he wouldn't have stopped going to work! He wouldn't have flipped the hospital off. Or if he was sooooo devastated by Molly's rejection of his marriage proposal, he would have called them to let them know he wouldn't be in. Wait. I think I said this when this first happened, no?

Considering Molly's own family dramas, and they are legion, she should have suspected something else was going on, ignored Jordan's ass, and gone to report him missing anyway, or go to Jar Jar Binks. But it's all moot now.

Never mind.

2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Can't wait till we get the blooper reel.  

No such thing as a blooper reel anymore, since they all have to do this in one take. Exception is if you're a stunt cast* and then you get to do retakes.

*Katie Couric as a tabloid reporter trying to get in to talk to Tyler Christopher's Nikolas. She got to do four to five takes!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, lala2 said:

That said, I don't know if I, personally, would have gone to his mother after only one week.

TJ's phone was tracked to Jordan's place, and Molly thought that's where he was staying. I think when Molly went there she was hoping to see TJ and talk to him. I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation on her part.

This whole part of the story has been written especially badly. TJ's kidnapping was a plot device to a) get Cyrus released and b) have Molly sleep with Brando. 

56 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The only part I loved in today’s episode was Nelle reading Carly on her trash history and how Michael was her golden ticket so they aren’t really any different. But it would have been so much sweeter coming from one of Carly’s kids, which we’ll never see from Michael or Joss. 

Neither of Carly's kids is the right person to bring up her history, especially Joss, who has no connection to it whatsoever. Michael maybe could say something, but he's hardly resentful of any of what happened to him, so it'd be pretty weak sauce coming from him. Nelle was the right person, IMO, especially given the context.

• Love 4

@GHScorpiosRule - Yeah . . . I'm over this whole TJ abduction thing. The timing is all off in my opinion.

Over the past few weeks, we've seen Molly all upset and concerned about TJ. She was concerned b/c he hadn't been at work and hadn't been home, and Jordan kept feeding her lines about "TJ needing time." So, I don't think him not going to work went unnoticed by her. It was noticed, which is why she was so concerned. I thought that was why she came to Jordan w/some demands. So much time had passed w/no contact, and she was getting sick of being told to wait. But if only a week had passed . . . . none of that really makes sense. It's not as urgent as it was presented . . . . at least not to me. 

Whatever. I give up trying to figure it out. Like I said, Molly thought she was dumped and acted accordingly. Now, the story has moved on, so I will too. 

• Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

TJ's phone was tracked to Jordan's place, and Molly thought that's where he was staying. I think when Molly went there she was hoping to see TJ and talk to him. I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation on her part.

This whole part of the story has been written especially badly. TJ's kidnapping was a plot device to a) get Cyrus released and b) have Molly sleep with Brando. 

Oh, I agree w/you. I don't think it was unreasonable of Molly at all. I'm just saying if my man had gone "radio silent" for just one week after I turned down his proposal, while I'd be upset that he wasn't speaking to me, I probably wouldn't reach out to his mother just yet or track his phone.  Again, if a few weeks had passed, tracking the phone and hiring your PI sister to find him makes more sense to me. 

But you pretty much said it all in the bold!  

3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I She believed Jordan's lies, and Jordan told her that TJ wanted nothing more to do w/her and that Molly had driven him away forever. I'm not sure why Molly was supposed to think she and TJ were still an item after that conversation. I certainly wouldn't.  

I have a problem with Jordan saying that, and Molly believing that, because TJ and Molly are living together. Molly's first upset line to Jordan was "TJ never came home last night." So they share a home, a bed, and I assume nobody came and removed all his clothes and other stuff from their home while he was kidnapped.  If he had communicated they were done forever and didn't want to see Molly ever again, he would have sent his mother or Curtis or someone to get his stuff. Jordan's words to Molly sounded like an angry tantrum instead of truth telling.

If Molly and Brando hooked up at the Metrocourt,  or wherever he's living right now, or even a room at Kelly's after hearing that TJ is supposedly done with her, I'd call it a not gray situation. But she chose to bring Brando to her and TJ's home to hook up because she was angry and hurt from Jordan - not TJ - yelling at her that TJ was done with her. When your relationship has not been declared over by either individual and all of both individuals' property is still in the residence, that's called cheating in my mind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought Cynthia Watros did a good job playing Carly's mother Virginia but I thought Eden was all off as young Carly. 

I got a chuckle out of Teen!Scream!Queen!Caroline saying she wanted to travel the world and marry rich.  She got the latter, but pretty sure the only place Sonny has ever taken her was his island.  I guess Jax took her to Australia, but don't ever remember them mentioning anywhere else. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Didn't we hear when Carly got arrested for her role the AJ murder cover-up (!!!!) that she's allegedly the owner of a CHAIN of international hotels?  As if.

Sounds like the Carly-sode was trash, as expected.

I found that episode incredibly hard to follow. Aside from the young Carly scenes, I struggled with figuring out which were flashbacks Ava which ones were present day. Kudos to the writers for having Nelle call Carly out for being horrible and somehow getting a pass for it.

I found that episode incredibly hard to follow. Aside from the young Carly scenes, I struggled with figuring out which were flashbacks Ava which ones were present day. Kudos to the writers for having Nelle call Carly out for being horrible and somehow getting a pass for it.

Just my opinion, but I think Eden McCoy is an overrated actor, and today just reinforced it.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

NuJordan in love scene with Curtis , blech, especially since I have been watching the beautiful Vanessa A. in season 2 of her CBC serious which she is so good in.

I know !

When I watch her is Diggstown, I keep thinking what s mistake it was to fire her from GH.

59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Sam told Molly that Spinelli tracked his phone to someplace and that she had given Jordan that location. That was the last I remember of TJ's being tracked since Sam's two brain cells then became obsessed with Jason again.

5 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And that was bullshit because Rachel said " I think we need a break...from us"

And to quote the Chandler Bing on why Rachel had ever right to be pissed off, break up with him and had the moral high ground.

And the next day Rachel even told Monica "We kind of broke up" and when she goes to Ross' place to reconcile, she asks "Can I be your girlfriend again?" Ross was wrong to sleep with that girl but he didn't cheat on Rachel because he thought they were broken up and morally you don't jump in bed hours after your supposed break up but Rachel wasn't completly in the right either. They were both wrong in that situation.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, Veronica889 said:

I haven’t actually watched a whole episode in about 3 years but I do follow along some on here and Twitter. I see Sam’s writing has gotten no better and has arguably gotten worse. Ive been critical of these writers for writing characters and stories so all over the place but they do seem pretty committed to making Sam as unlikable as humanly possible, so I guess they can focus when they really want to. 

I’m not sure what can even be said about Sam at this point. So much of what I read here is exactly how I feel.  The biggest insult to me is that we’re supposed to think Sam was miserable for the 5 years Jason was gone when we watched her happily fall in love with 3 different men.  Sure she thought Drew was Jason but their life together was totally different than the one borg Jason offered her. Not once was she written as unhappy with it.

I was thinking though if they refuse to ever beak up the Sonny/Carly/Jason duo is there really any other way to write Jason in a pairing without the woman being unlikable and pathetic? If you had Sam (or anyone besides Carly) actually sit down and say what do I get out of this there’s no freaking way.  

The man is a horrible father, which is why it’s hilarious that he was the voice of “think about the kids” when it would never occur to him actually do what’s best for his kids. Also does he even see Jake ever?  Silas, Patrick and Drew were better fathers to Danny. Franco is a better father to Jake. At least when Drew thought he was Jason he acknowledged that bad choices took him away from his family and they were more important. Jason came back and proved to Sonny who he was by saying “I would never leave you”

Sam is not and will never be his 1st priority. Heck she’s not even his 10th priority. This is the same man who offered himself up on charges to keep Sonny out of prison, actually went to prison for Michael and was willing to go on the run with Carly mere months after returning. While Sam was in prison was he trying to trade himself for her freedom?  Has he told Sonny I need to stay away from you and the mob so I can try to convince Sam’s parole officer to let me see her? 

So instead of ever letting Sam actually reflect on anything or make character choices based on actual experience they write her with this inate Jason obsession that fuels everything she does. 

Speaking of Jake, when was the last time we saw him?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Just my opinion, but I think Eden McCoy is an overrated actor, and today just reinforced it.

I’ll second that. I feel bad for saying this because she seems like a sweetheart in real life but I don’t find her to be great even for a teen. I know she got a lot of praise during the Oscar storyline but I think she might have looked better against Oscar who was completely terrible. Today, she didn’t play Carly any different than Josslyn so I don’t think she has any range. I think the actors playing Trina and Cameron far outshine her.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ll second that. I feel bad for saying this because she seems like a sweetheart in real life but I don’t find her to be great even for a teen. I know she got a lot of praise during the Oscar storyline but I think she might have looked better against Oscar who was completely terrible. Today, she didn’t play Carly any different than Josslyn so I don’t think she has any range. I think the actors playing Trina and Cameron far outshine her.

It doesn't help that they had teen s like Amber and kmc who had much harder storylines at her age.

All I could think of is Lucas  should feel that way about Carly that joss feels about nelle for ruining her family.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

A few bullet points thought about today:

• I actually didn't have any problem following it even with the flashbacks. I know why they're doing it (to pad stuff to keep new eps as long as possible) and I think it worked for this one.
  • I loved pretty much everything Nelle said opposite Carly. Especially her reading her about what she did Bobbie/Tony and AJ and how it was rewritten to make Carly look good. I think what I liked most about it (other than that it was said) was how Chloe Lanier played it. There was genuine need and pain there. This was something she so very much wanted there in her voice. So very good.
  • On the other hand, as usual, I was so unimpressed with Laura Wright. She played her reaction to Nelle saying that to her with nothing. There was nothing in her eyes, no response. I was disappointed. And in her vocal and facial responses to her, she just did what she always did... raised her voice and sneered. Ugh.
  • I don't get what the show sees in Eden McCoy. This is the second "special" episode in a row where they've chosen to highlight her. First in the Ebeneezer episode where she stood out (and not in a good way), and now in this one. *sigh* She's not a bad actress. She's just not very good either. She's merely... OK.
  • I'm really, really hoping that by including Cynthia Watros in this, it *does* mean that Nelle is going to turn out to be her daughter. That would be awesome.
  • I'm also hoping that the OTT hatred that Willow is showing for Nelle--really, she seems to hate her more than anyone, including Carly at this point--along with giving her a reason to dislike Nina again, is because Willow will also be Nina's daughter. Meaning... yes, we're going to get Nelle and Willow as both Nina's daughters. Having a "good girl" and "bad girl" twins relationship would be so messy and soapy and dramatic. Especially with all of the players involved. And, boy, would it create tons and tons of story.
  • I don't understand how the writers' room could write episodes like this with a straight face. The Corinthii and their group going on and on about all the evil and crimes that Nelle has committed, while blithely glossing over and pooh-poohing the crimes that they and theirs have committed because... well, it's not really a big deal when *we* do it. Pshaw! Of course, Nelle-haters and the Corinthii-fanbase will see their side as well. *sigh*
Edited by driver18
  • Love 9
(edited)

Carly has lost all self awareness. Nelle now has a better handle on who Carly is than Carly. I think the one thing Nelle has on Carly is that the show is somewhat honest about Nelle's character. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 7
(edited)

So I didn't watch the whole Carly-sode - why would I, even trapped at home, I love myself more than that - but someone did post Nelle's drag to Twitter and it's kind of mind-boggling that the creative minds behind this show realize what a hypocritical nightmare Carly has become...but stuck it in the mouth of a villain so we're supposed to dismiss all the 100% true things she says while they continue on painting Carly as the town's beloved, never-wrong matriarch.

ETA...and I hear Carly straight-up was retconing her own history today?  Girl, you came to Port Charles to destroy Bobbie, end of.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I’m puzzled. Does the show want me to empathize with poor Jason-starved Sam, or does it want me to feel concerned about her mental health? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t want me to feel disgusted by her juvenile behavior, but that’s the reaction I’m having.

I’m as annoyed by the flashbacks as everyone else, but I suspect their purpose is more than show padding. I think the show wants to engage non-regular viewers, who are tuning in only because they’re stuck at home, and bring them up to speed. Not a bad idea, especially if some of those viewers decide to keep tuning in once their confinement is over.  Earlier, I was watching Tuesday’s show with my husband, who rarely sees an episode and interrupts with constant questions when he does. I was complaining about the flashbacks and he said, “But this is the first time I haven’t had to ask what’s going on!” So there’s that.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

The show screwed up by not making Nelle Carly’s long lost daughter when she first came on and just having her seduce Sonny instead of Michael. While it’s obviously been done before, 

And with Carly! That would have been karmic justice and very soapy. So of course it didn’t happen. But I agree, it would have made a better story. If for no other reason than: less Eeyore.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Carly has lost all self awareness. Nelle now has a better handle on who Carly is than Carly. I think the one thing Nelle has on Carly is that the show is somewhat honest about Nelle's character. 

Probably an UO, but I kind of disagree with this. Carly is astoundingly hypocritical (like a lot of characters on GH), but I think she knows exactly who she is. She just likes to think she's become a better person than the disaster who arrived in Port Charles. She hasn't, of course, but as the wife of Sonny Corinthos, she feels above everyone, and that allows her to pretend she's a good person.

The writing doesn't show this very often, as Carly always has to win, but I do think a scene like the one between Nelle and Carly lets LW play the nagging insecurity Carly still has about her past. I wish they'd do more with Nelle and Carly in this respect, because if anyone is going to get under Carly's skin about her past, it's Nelle. They are very similar. But of course they're painting Nelle as OMG TEH EVUL!!11! and she can never win, especially against the Corinthii. That is a mine that could be a really rich vein of drama, so naturally the show refuses to treat it as anything but Nelle being a bitter old meanie.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Probably an UO, but I kind of disagree with this. Carly is astoundingly hypocritical (like a lot of characters on GH), but I think she knows exactly who she is. She just likes to think she's become a better person than the disaster who arrived in Port Charles. She hasn't, of course, but as the wife of Sonny Corinthos, she feels above everyone, and that allows her to pretend she's a good person.

Except she has rewritten the events in her life in her head and painted them with a pure motivation. That is the loss of perspective I am talking about. She paints AJ as the drunk that she wanted to protect Michael from, when AJ had long bouts of sobriety to the point that Carly married him in hopes of driving AJ to drink. She just wanted love from Bobbie, even though she took a deep amount of pleasure when Bobbie found out about Tony's affair with Carly. 

The only thing I liked is that Carly is being still inadvertently written as someone with Borderline Personality Disorder, which is what the character has been portrayed with since day one, as it should be since it has never been diagnosed or treated. As insane as it is, it is perfectly in character for Carly to think that Nelle's actions are all about Carly. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The writing doesn't show this very often, as Carly always has to win, but I do think a scene like the one between Nelle and Carly lets LW play the nagging insecurity Carly still has about her past. I wish they'd do more with Nelle and Carly in this respect, because if anyone is going to get under Carly's skin about her past, it's Nelle. They are very similar. But of course they're painting Nelle as OMG TEH EVUL!!11! and she can never win, especially against the Corinthii. That is a mine that could be a really rich vein of drama, so naturally the show refuses to treat it as anything but Nelle being a bitter old meanie.

1000% agree with this assessment. And I'll add that in addition to her hypocrisy--she's well aware of it, but doesn't give any shits because whatever is happening, she sees her skanky ass as the victim, and so her past and all her heinous acts should be ignored or hand waved away.

I only watched those flashbacks because I was on the barge when Nelle showed up. 

My eyes just could not ROLL HARD enough when the SheBeast was telling Nelle how she would "teach" her how to be an assistant, and how she ran the hotel and it was easy-peasy. Gurrrl, you married Jax to get that hotel; you didn't EARN it. And all you do is flounce around as the Mob Moll you are, and barging into rooms of people who have PAID for the rooms and their privacy. I've yet to see you do any fucking work that the owner of a supposed high end hotel does.

And whoever wrote that revisionist history that SheBeast came to town to get Bobbie's love can just STFU and DIAFF. That beast came into town, intent on destroying Bobbie's "affluent" life, because, oh, the HORROR! Bobbie had given her up for adoption. 

Eden McCoy is a horrible, horrible, horrible actress. With that kewpie pouty mouth. Show should have just shown flashbacks to the original Sarah Brown as she rolled into Port Charles. Hey, it's been more than 2 decades, so having Shebeast with a different face, and Sarah being in her early 20s, it would have been okay. Oh, wait. They'd have to pay Sarah.

RAGE!BLACKOUT! at the retcon of Jax buying Joss' kidney. And like it doesn't happen in real life! Law & Order: Sonata for an Organ" did it MUCH better, and the father actually was willing to kill to get his daughter a kidney; whereas Jax didn't hire someone to kill someone for a kidney. Joss really is her mother's spawn.

Oh SHUT UP, Willow! I'm so sick of her and this quad acting as if Nelle tried to murder her own child. Even if she's using him as a ticket to the good life, she hasn't tried to smother him in his sleep, or put him near a pool, where he could drown, or [insert whatever EVUHL DEED here]. She's acting as if Wiley is her child that Nelle has kidnapped and claimed as her own.

But I did love Nelle calling SheBeast out on her hypocrisy, her own past, and how she destroyed Tony and AJ and used the SLS to have Mooby and Jaysus at her beck and call for life. What would have made it perfect was if she hadn't said that that was what she wanted. But we can't have nice things. IF Sarah were still playing the Beast, she would have been able to show some...nuance, as if Nelle hit her; but with Laura? All I ever get is SMUG ARROGANCE.

And shut up, Chase. You didn't do your fucking job when Nelle wanted to press charges for Bobbie, Monica, Shebeast all being complicit in forging her signature and the Beast locking her up on the roof. He's got some nerve telling Jordan she can't question TJ because of their relationship, but it's okay for him to involve his ass in all purported cases where Nelle is involved? Like he doesn't have history with her? PUHLEAZE. But that's par for the course with this show for the past 15 years or so.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My eyes just could not ROLL HARD enough when the SheBeast was telling Nelle how she would "teach" her how to be an assistant, and how she ran the hotel and it was easy-peasy. Gurrrl, you married Jax to get that hotel; you didn't EARN it. And all you do is flounce around as the Mob Moll you are, and barging into rooms of people who have PAID for the rooms and their privacy. I've yet to see you do any fucking work that the owner of a supposed high end hotel does.

I know this is delving into history, but the hotel is the result of her divorce settlement from Lorenzo Alcarerz. Jennifer Bransford was in the role she married Lorenzo. So while in the real world where men and women who have been married for years and have children, but have issues even getting child support, Lorenzo happily gave her shares of ELQ that were worth millions. She traded them to the Qs for the Metro Court. That is when she started flirting with Jax and used another child, Spencer, to help bag him. 

• Love 2

If Frank and Virginia Benson adopted Carly, and Frank is Nelle's bio father, then Nelle is Carly's sister (not by blood, but via adoption).  But it seems like Show would have made a bigger deal of that.  

• Love 2