Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I believe that Carly now thinks that AJ really threw he down the steps.

All of them believe that.  Michael, Jason, Sonny and Carly, the current writers.  Michael repeated the story in one of the recent reruns.  I believe "pushed" was used, when actually all he did was grab her wrist, which she yanked away, causing her to fall. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

All of them believe that.  Michael, Jason, Sonny and Carly, the current writers.  Michael repeated the story in one of the recent reruns.  I believe "pushed" was used, when actually all he did was grab her wrist, which she yanked away, causing her to fall. 

No,Canon in my head: Carly the only living witness, fully believes. She thinks that is what happened.  It doesn't matter what Jason, Michael and Sonny believe because they weren't witnesses. 

The BEST moment of today was Brando asking fast-talking, hyper, angry Molly if she's been drinking. 😂🤣😂🤣 Molly talking about being an author and a law student and flirting with him after - Blech. 

I liked the Kevin-Cyrus scene; that bitchface look as he sat there after Kevin walked out was hilarious!

Also hilarious: Sam's eyeroll when Jason said she needs to stay out of prison for the kids ... and Carly glowing that "family is everything to Sonny."  So much whatever re: Sonny's tears over Mike wanting to go back to Bensonhurst.

I liked Laura/Kevin/Robert talking about police business, even if Robert disagrees wit her. Ava was great with Trina as well; bravo to both actresses.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

liked the Kevin-Cyrus scene; that bitchface look as he sat there after Kevin walked out was hilarious!

Jon Lindstrom and Jeff Kober, now there was a masterclass in acting.  Everyone else (coughMaurice/Steve/Bradfordcough) should be forced to sit down and watch these two and how its' done.  

Ava/Trina:  Man, someone was cutting onions and sweeping up dust around here because holy that was some powerful stuff.  Maura and Sydney were another two that were hitting it out of the park.  

19 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

Wow Jordon, why to take your BS out on Molly

I don't know, I was all, hell yeah, Brianna is finally bringing it.  Plus, as much as I like Molly she has been particularly screechy and annoying through this, so to have Jordan tell her to stop acting like a spoiled entitled child was quite lovely to me.  Now if only someone would talk to Sonny that way!

• Love 8

How old is Brando supposed to be? I’m confused why they are making him a thing but he just had a pretty obvious chem test with Carly yesterday and Molly today. 

Jason and Sam being together but not together is exhausting. Who exactly do this storyline appeal to because it’s been ongoing since SB returned and their characters reunited. I’m sure their actual fans want to actually see them together as a couple and everyone else is just annoyed by this so I don’t get it. 

• Love 3

How many more conversations about not messing up her parole does Sam need to hear for it to sink in? It's so tedious to listen to people tell her she's being an idiot, and all she can do is splutter that 18 months is too long to wait. And her reaction that she won't be with the kids was basically a shrug. It's more important she's with her hit man ex-husband. Nice.

"Sonny...he's very patient with his father. He's very devoted." Oh, Brando. You sweet summer child.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Are Brando and Molly related?  I can't figure out if Brando is related to Sonny or not.

Unless the actress who plays Molly is going on contract, I hope this chem test doesn't lead anywhere. 

Oh, and what happened to Dev?  I figured he's working for Cyrus as a mole (however unwillingly)  but we haven't seen him onscreen in awhile.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Are Brando and Molly related?

No. Ric, who is Molly's father, and Mooby, had the same mother. Brando is Mooby's second cousin. His mother, Gladys and Mike, are cousins. Don't know if they are first cousins, or if their parents were cousins, blah, blah, blah. So, no blood relation.

• Love 2

Sorry but I can't blame Molly for being that way even if she is annoying. She doesn't know what the truth is and she doesn't know that it's for her protection or whatever. All she knows is that her boyfriend has been ignoring her for I don't know how long now, weeks? Even if it was true that he's just upset about Molly rejecting his proposal, that is super immature on his part to just ignore her. Ugh I would be pissed off too.  And don't you know what happens when someone believes that their significant other has left them without actually telling them, but they've really been kidnapped or were in an accident? They always end up "cheating" on them! Lol you want that to happen Jordan??! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Sorry but I can't blame Molly for being that way even if she is annoying. She doesn't know what the truth is and she doesn't know that it's for her protection or whatever. All she knows is that her boyfriend has been ignoring her for I don't know how long now, weeks? Even if it was true that he's just upset about Molly rejecting his proposal, that is super immature on his part to just ignore her. Ugh I would be pissed off too.  And don't you know what happens when someone believes that their significant other has left them without actually telling them, but they've really been kidnapped or were in an accident? They always end up "cheating" on them! Lol you want that to happen Jordan??! 

I would probably sympathize with Molly if she didn't act like her rejection of his proposal was the reason for his disappearance. I mean, yes, him ignoring her is something someone would do. But not show up for work? Not call in, letting work know he wouldn't be coming? All she's done since she told Jordan she hadn't heard from him, is act like TJ has been ignoring her on purpose to "punish" her, and she just comes off self-absorbed and screechy, and whiny. It's NOT about HER. For someone who's supposed to be smart, she really is showing how not smart she is for not connecting the dots sooner, after what happened with Cam and Trina.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

All she knows is that her boyfriend has been ignoring her for I don't know how long now, weeks? Even if it was true that he's just upset about Molly rejecting his proposal, that is super immature on his part to just ignore her.

Yeah, it's the lack of any communication that annoys her. I think she'd be fine if TJ has said he needs time to think.

4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But not show up for work? Not call in, letting work know he wouldn't be coming?

GH doesn't seem that worried; why would Molly be?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Yeah and you know what someone else just mentioned on FB that since Jordan has his phone, she could have sent Molly a text from "TJ" explaining why he's MIA. At least that could stop Molly from investigating herself, and getting Sam and Spinelli involved. Since they just can't tell Molly what's going on. 

• Love 4

Ok. I now watch GH off and on and didn't watch during the 80s, but did Robert Scorpio always have a law degree that he didn't use, or did GH magically make him a lawyer so they could shove him in a role, like they made Lucy a realtor, Lulu a reporter (despite working at Crimson without expressing any interesting in being a writer) and Franco an art therapist, despite a character like Liz been better suited for the position (worked in nursing, was an fine artist for several years, isn't a serial killer that still exhibited violent tendencies even after a brain tumor was removed) ? I read he got a law degree from Fordham University, which seems to be lifted out of Law & Order SVU's Dominick "Sonny" Carisi Jr.'s story line about him working in law enforcement while going to Fordham University at night, except he had working towards that years on the show and that character is relatively to go into a different career. 

Robert’s law degree is a retcon. Apparently he’s had one all this time and we just never knew about it. I think they mostly did it so they could have that one scene where Robert was the DA and Mac the police commissioner (before Jordan came back). It’s a weird move considering he doesn’t have enough experience as a lawyer to be a DA but I guess it stops them from having to cast another person to fill the role. The only other option would have been to throw Scott or Alexis back in there 

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Jason and Sam being together but not together is exhausting. Who exactly do this storyline appeal to because it’s been ongoing since SB returned and their characters reunited. I’m sure their actual fans want to actually see them together as a couple and everyone else is just annoyed by this so I don’t get it. 

Kelly could literally not have looked less enthused about that hug if she tried and Jason/Sam barely touched.

• Love 5

Yesterday, Cam say he was going after Trina and will make sure she's okay. Next thing I know she is at Ava's and Cam is nowhere in sight. But good scene! 

Love me some Kevin. 

Enough with Saintly Sonny/Morose Mo. 

At the end they said "MONDAY on General Hospital." Nooo!

• Love 1
(edited)

Molly/Brando seems awful but interesting.  Maybe a Molly/Brando/Carly triangle with Sonny too busy with Mike to even notice?

Jordan is terrible and I hope she gets sent to Pentonville when this is all over.  The actress cannot do "angry" at all.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

At the end they said "MONDAY on General Hospital." Nooo!

In the Media thread, an announcement went out that Fridays would be repeats, so that the new episodes would stretch out while production has shut down. So we don't end up with no new episodes at all once this motherfucking virus dies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What happened to medical ethics on this show? First Neil wants to ignore the two year waiting before having a relationship with a former patient, but that's mild compared to Monica virtually high fiving Bobbie for shredding the consent for with the forged signature.  Now Kevin is willing to testify that Renault should be put into Shadybrook  for a disorder that usually isn't treated at all. Hey Kevin, you know that Cyrus isn't any more of a narcissist than Sonny is; he's just smarter. Great acting in the scene though.

Love also for the Ava/Trina scene. Ava is so much better than in the Griffin time.

If that was supposed to be a chem test for Molly and Brando, he seems way to old for her, although that may be because the Molly actress is so shrill. I get it, she's upset that TJ has disappeared but dial it down a notch or thirty,

Anyone else think that Sam and Jason have been forcibly parted by the writing so much because neither actor wants to play romantic scenes with each other?

3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It doesn't matter what Jason, Michael and Sonny believe because they weren't witnesses. 

It matters because it's a question of whether or not they reinforce the delusions With someone like Carly, it always pays to verify.

Someone please end the Sonny sadz scenes and put me out of my misery.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah and you know what someone else just mentioned on FB that since Jordan has his phone, she could have sent Molly a text from "TJ" explaining why he's MIA. At least that could stop Molly from investigating herself, and getting Sam and Spinelli involved. Since they just can't tell Molly what's going on. 

Except Molly already knows TJ's phone is at Jordan's house.   Sam told her.  Molly went steaming over there, but didn't go in because she saw Sonny and Jason leaving.

eta. I fully believe Sonny thinks AJ pushed Carly down the stairs. 

Edited by ciarra
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It matters because it's a question of whether or not they reinforce the delusions With someone like Carly, it always pays to verify.

But there is no way to verify because even if AJ told the truth, they won't believe because he was drunk at the time and Sonny & Jason had already vilified him about everything else.

I may be in the minority, but I really sympathize w/Molly. IMO, she has not been bratty or screechy or annoying. She's a concerned girlfriend worried about her boyfriend. If it hadn't been for Molly, I doubt Jordan would have even clued in on the fact that TJ was missing and had been abducted! 

Molly and TJ live together. They have been in a relationship for 10 years. She knows him and how he behaves. This "ghosting" is unusual and concerning to her. Molly turned down marriage, not TJ. She made it clear she had no interest in marrying anyone and didn't believe in the institution of marriage, so her refusal had nothing to do w/her relationship w/TJ. She loves him and made that clear. That said, I completely understood why TJ was upset, and I can understand if he decided he couldn't be w/her anymore b/c marriage is something he values and wants in his life. That's all fine. Molly understands that too, but it has been several days (maybe weeks) since the proposal, and she still has not seen or heard from him. 

TJ has disappeared. Molly has been told by Jordan that TJ has left b/c he's upset about the proposal and Molly's answer, so naturally, Molly wants to speak to him and to better explain herself. She never thought he would just "ghost" her and his entire life b/c she turned down his proposal. That is not like him, which is why she's been concerned. Plus, when you live w/someone, it is only common courtesy, IMO at least, to let your roommate/partner/spouse know where you are or that you are not coming home. I'm a worrier, and if my boyfriend got upset w/me, left, and never returned, I would be very worried that he was hurt or dead or something. And practically speaking - Molly does need to hear from TJ. They live together and split the bills I assume. Rent may be coming due, and is she now paying that on her own? 

Anyway, Molly has been focused on the proposal b/c that's the reason she's been given by Jordan who is presumably in close contact w/TJ.  What else is she supposed to think? Today, Jordan made it even more clear that TJ wants nothing to do w/Molly, and is gone b/c of Molly's refusal to marry him.  Jordan was needlessly cruel to her, and 'm at a loss as to what Molly is supposed to be doing.  Is she just supposed to move on w/her life and wait patiently for TJ to call. Maybe if a couple of days had passed, but I believe weeks have gone by. At this point, Jordan should be expecting her to be around, demanding answers. All Molly wanted to do was speak to TJ or hear from him directly. I don't see how that is immature or bratty. Honestly, if Jordan had sent Molly a fake text from TJ, Molly might have been satisfied. Jordan has done nothing to ease Molly's legitimate fears. 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Except Molly already knows TJ's phone is at Jordan's house.   Sam told her.  Molly went steaming over there, but didn't go in because she saw Sonny and Jason leaving.

eta. I fully believe Sonny thinks AJ pushed Carly down the stairs. 

Well she could have texted her before they found that out. It wasn't that long ago.

• Love 1

And Curtis is so whipped. He agrees with practically everything Jordan does and kisses up to her. And I'm always so annoyed when he calls her baby. Lol I don't know why it just irks me, and he's the only one who's ever done that on a regular basis with a SO. 

• Love 1
On 3/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, Thatoneshow said:

This story needed someone to say they understand where Nelle is coming from. This isn't a black and white issue and is something parents have conflicts over in real life, but everyone is acting like they would jump at the chance to put their child under the knife.

I'm a bit late with responding to this, but there is one character on this show who argued fiercely with their child's father against doing heart surgery on their infant child and was persuaded to let it happen even though they were totally against it and then the baby died in surgery.  Poor Anna.  That was on AMC and I was PISSED at David, even though I saw both sides of the issue.  

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

My cable is saying to tomorrow is a new show here.  Maybe we on the east coast are still behind one?

No, the cable guide just hasn't gotten the memo they decided to not air on Fridays.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Kelly could literally not have looked less enthused about that hug if she tried and Jason/Sam barely touched.

That's what I have noticed more and more. I know this isn't the BTS section, but you just can't help feeling distracted by how odd their "stolen moments" are, and wonder if things have gotten worse between the two actors. 

This kind of forbidden love story would normally feature the couple rolling around in barns and making out in alleys, but here -- when they're totally alone -- they don't even lock lips.

1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

And Curtis is so whipped. He agrees with practically everything Jordan does and kisses up to her. And I'm always so annoyed when he calls her baby. Lol I don't know why it just irks me, and he's the only one who's ever done that on a regular basis with a SO. 

He didn't even yell at her for not telling him about TJ, his own nephew. I hope he at least makes her sleep on the couch when he finds out Taggart is alive. 

• Love 3
On 4/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, YaddaYadda said:

As much as I have appreciated what Max Gail has done with Mike in this Alzheimer storyline, I think it's time for Mike to follow the light.

Totally agree.  The Actor has been amazing, but I really don't see where else this S/L can go. Re: Cyrus Renault - hey Kevin and Laura!  Just put him in a cell with Ryan Chamberlain and save yourselves all that work, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Totally agree.  The Actor has been amazing, but I really don't see where else this S/L can go. Re: Cyrus Renault - hey Kevin and Laura!  Just put him in a cell with Ryan Chamberlain and save yourselves all that work, lol.

I think Cyrus would be the one person Ryan wouldn't kill since they both have beefs towards the same people. I think Ryan and Cyrus are smart enough to leverage each others strengths to get revenge and considering how the supposed "good guys" are acting (especially as they practically kiss the feet of Sonny and Jason), they all deserve to get taken down a few notches. 

• Love 2

Oh, writers. Giving Molly a line complaining about a "grating noise" (re: her car) is just asking for it. I don't like Jordan that much, but even though that telling-off was performative, I felt like building a fan site to her. It was on par with Jason telling the Drew Garrett Michael to stop acting like a little bitch. Now can she get a similar scene with Alexis's other daughters? 

Also, when Molly was talking ruefully about her teen writing career, and "How could I write about love and romance when I knew so little about them?" -- please don't make me think of Atonement, GH. Even on a good day, you will suffer by comparison.  

Ava's really getting a heroine edit in this Trina story. She even insisted that Trina call Portia.  

The actor who plays Brando is 34.  I'd assume the character is supposed to be that age possibly minus 1-5 years. I don't think there's such a gap that they wouldn't pair them, or do a Brando/Molly/TJ triangle if TJ survives this Renault story.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Ava's really getting a heroine edit in this Trina story. She even insisted that Trina call Portia.  

It's about time she's not getting slammed for something. Ava isn't my favorite character by a long shot, but I'm sick of her being the town goat. (When it isn't Julian, that is. I'm also tired of that. But at least he fights back a bit.)

• Love 7
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Anyone else think that Sam and Jason have been forcibly parted by the writing so much because neither actor wants to play romantic scenes with each other?

I never thought of that, but it seems entirely plausible. It’s not like either one is a compulsive rule- or law-follower, so it’s been surprising to me to see so few scenes of them together during all of this. I’ve been fully expecting safehouse meetups complete with “their song,” but with the Delores story apparently coming to a close maybe they’ll really be apart for a while. Their lack of chemistry (both romantic and otherwise) is...wow.

I pretty much zoned out during Sonny’s soliloquy. I kept wondering if Mike’s room and the various physician’s offices are all the same set with different wall facades. And why Mike appears to be on a gurney and not in a proper hospital bed.

Haven’t seen Thursday yet, but looking forward to the Ava/Trina scenes. Those two actresses are great anyway, and really shine in their scenes together. 

• Love 1

LW's hair in the intro looked great—I wish they'd let it be wavy like that for Carly, but it's also kind of distracting because she has so. much. hair. I'm jealous. I have like a tenth of that!

I really liked the Monica/Lucy, Maxie/Mac, and Elizabeth/Bobbie conversations. Nice little nods to history. Of course Laura and others had to slobber praise on Sonny, ugh.

• Love 2

I’ll let this weeks “classic” slide, because it was a good episode with lots of the old timers.  But they better produce some actual classic eps in the coming weeks.   And I’d rather not see Luke and Laura’s wedding for the 100th time.  Don’t get me wrong those were great eps, but I’ve seen it soooooo many times now.  Bring something out of the vault!   I personally want 80’s / 90’s flashbacks.  The only “classic” episode of Carly that I ever care to see again was the reveal to Bobbie that she is her daughter.  As much as I’ve always hated Carly, back then we were meant to hate her and she sold it.  

• Love 4

I think they'll probably be looking for episodes that are fairly encapsulated.  So, weddings, holidays, funerals, special events.  I hope they don't go heavy on funerals.  I think they know we need more uplifting than depressing.

I'm vaguely remembering a Thanksgiving episode where Audrey forgot to turn on the oven and they had to wait forever for the turkey.  That would be fun.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

But they better produce some actual classic eps in the coming weeks.   And I’d rather not see Luke and Laura’s wedding for the 100th time.  Don’t get me wrong those were great eps, but I’ve seen it soooooo many times now.  Bring something out of the vault!   I personally want 80’s / 90’s flashbacks.  The only “classic” episode of Carly that I ever care to see again was the reveal to Bobbie that she is her daughter.  As much as I’ve always hated Carly, back then we were meant to hate her and she sold it.  

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I think they'll probably be looking for episodes that are fairly encapsulated.  So, weddings, holidays, funerals, special events.  I hope they don't go heavy on funerals.  I think they know we need more uplifting than depressing.

I'm vaguely remembering a Thanksgiving episode where Audrey forgot to turn on the oven and they had to wait forever for the turkey.  That would be fun.

33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I want an episode with Stuart Damon. Not just his picture on the wall. I want Alan Quartermain's face on my screen AND his voice coming through the speakers.

Won't happen because ABC and HACK!FRANK! are cheap, miserly bastards. And why air episodes that would be clearly superior and aim a light on the show he puts on is pure garbage? Not to mention the cheap ass production values.

11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The actor who plays Brando is 34.  I'd assume the character is supposed to be that age possibly minus 1-5 years. I don't think there's such a gap that they wouldn't pair them, or do a Brando/Molly/TJ triangle if TJ survives this Renault story.  

I think they could work age-wise. It's just that Molly is so histrionic and immature (as are her sisters) that Brando seems too old for her.

I think it would be more interesting to have Carly in a Mrs. Robinson-type affair with him.

• Love 3

Seriousy, for classic flash back they go all the way to... 2019. 

I would like to see some JJ, young Robert, Bad Carly, Helena, Maxie when she was actually Maxie, (i.e., reading Felicia for filth at Georgie's funeral), something that reminds us that JZ and SBu used to be able to act, hell, maybe even throw in some young Noah Drake and Jackie Templeton or other fun stuff. And of course, lots of Courtney. ... ... I jest, of course.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/31/2020 at 9:33 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

ramp up his Eeyore

Love this phrase. 😆

On 4/1/2020 at 10:43 PM, ciarra said:

So, is it Mike's Alzheimer disease, or is the real Brando really dead?

I was wondering this too. But I think Mike started shouting “you’re dead!” before Brando was introduced, so if the intent was to have Mike reveal a deception, it made no sense.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

In the Media thread, an announcement went out that Fridays would be repeats, so that the new episodes would stretch out while production has shut down. So we don't end up with no new episodes at all once this motherfucking virus dies.

Or, if they run out of taped episodes, they could just do some live ones, a la Tootsie.

F2982F95-2031-4839-8130-83B8D5363C27.gif.e44324fcba69d089c5ae00db72e6bb14.gif

Edited by 30 Helens
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Won't happen because ABC and HACK!FRANK! are cheap, miserly bastards. And why air episodes that would be clearly superior and aim a light on the show he puts on is pure garbage? Not to mention the cheap ass production values.

Guess I was just inspired by YnR today.  🤷🏻‍♀️  I can always hope for the best and maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.  Grasping at straws these days anyway, desperate for anything to entertain me.   

Hey Geauxaway, I caught Y&R today too. The cost of Nikki's wedding dress alone would probably fund a month's worth of current day GH episodes. 

Looking at our very special rerun it was amazing to see so many recognizable characters on one set. Too bad that doesn't happen more often. Even at weddings, funerals, and the wretched Nurses Ball they never have as many characters show up.

I agree, showing old classic episodes busts leads to unpleasant comparisons.

• Love 1