Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Was that board meeting an actual legal preceding? I don’t know how those work. Neil implied he mainly lied to cover for Alexis because she could get in trouble for lying as well. If that was the case, it’s a little crazy that she would go to that extent since she almost lost her license not that long ago. 

16 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Somebody with a better memory than mine -- doesn't Brad ALSO come from a criminal family? Why aren't they coming to his defense?

That said, I'm glad to see Britt come to Brad's side. 

Yes he does. It came out when we found out he was married to Rosalie. A girl he did not realize had been in town for a YEAR. I really wish they didn't even introduce that silly side side story because it has yet to be relevant to anything. It would be awesome if his father came in and saw Sonny threatening him then shot and killed Sonny.

18 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Was that board meeting an actual legal preceding? I don’t know how those work. Neil implied he mainly lied to cover for Alexis because she could get in trouble for lying as well. If that was the case, it’s a little crazy that she would go to that extent since she almost lost her license not that long ago. 

I felt lost because I don't get how she could get in trouble for lying to these people or dating her psychiatrist. Lawyers get involved with their clients all the time without being disbarred.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

It would be awesome if his father came in and saw Sonny threatening him then shot and killed Sonny

I would legit send a huge bouquet of flowers  to frank if this happened. But I can't have nice things...

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The Spencer/Jones/Corinthos Family loves Lucas so much that nobody, not even his mother, accompanied him to Brad's arraignment.  I felt sooo sorry for him as he sat in that courtroom alone, with Julian glancing at him from the other side. I guess the crying goodbye/sobbing hug and those few lines between them are all we'll get to see of Lucas mourning the loss of his son and marriage? Also, hello Britt. Preview seems to indicate she wants to take down Nelle.  

Yup! I'm pretty sure that's it.  I'd be surprised if they were given more than what was apparently shown (I haven't seen it yet and probably won't watch). 

I am happy to hear Britt was there to be a friend to Brad. I always liked those two! In my dream scenario, Brad would have written a confession, left Wiley w/Michael, and met up with Britt in some exotic location. I will never support Brad being imprisoned while the rest of PC's criminals get to roam the streets! It's ridiculous. 

• Love 6

I turned on the show and there was Sonny yelling at and threatening Brad. I walked away.

Did MB pay a bribe or hold something over the writers?  These past few days have had way, way too much Sonny, from the memorial, to talking to Michael, to threatening Brad to showing up in the Mike scenes.

Have Brad's criminal family abondoned him altogether? Why aren't they putting the muscle on Sonny?  If I were in Brad's position, I'd say that I was protecting Wylie since the Corinthos family has more convicted felons than not.

Sam is going to find TJ for Molly because she's such a great PI. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, rur said:

But since it's become a topic of discussion here, an appropriate scene might have been Carly or Sonny questioning Joss's choice of attire before leaving for the wake so she could have provided an explanation

If she had had another set of parental figures, maybe. But Sonny has no sense of what is appropriate (see his speech at the memorial) and for all that Carly is part-owner of the Metro Court, she's never left her lower class origins.

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but who exactly is making complaints against Neil and Alexis? Is it whoever is stalking them? Is it going to come out that Neil is married or has a vengeful ex? 

This is what I was wondering too.  I mean, it's a rule for the protection of patients, who cares about it if Alexis doesn't?

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Neil's license to practice medicine is granted by the Office of Professional Medical Conduct

Any use of the title "Physician" or practice of medicine within New York State requires licensure. (However, under specified limitations defined in Section 6526 of New York State Education Law, you may be exempt from licensure.)

To be licensed as a physician in New York State you must:

be of good moral character;

be at least 21 years of age;

and meet education, examination and experience requirements.

In Canada, licensed health professions (doctor, psychologist, nurses etc.) are subject to various legal requirements including not being in a relationship with a patient for at least two years after ending the professional relationship. A few years ago there was a (ridiculous) case where a dental hygenist lost his license after cleaning his wife's teeth.

I don't know how Alexis' ability to practice would be affected unless lawyers have to be of In good moral character too and not lie in statements.

• Useful 1

On the one hand, Brad knew his day of reckoning would involve Sonny yelling. On the other hand, all those threats coming from Sonny, baby stealer extraordinaire, are especially despicable. And why didn't Scott reenter the room once the shouting started? I know, plot point, but way to protect your client, Counselor.

LOL that after all of Sonny's blustering, he doesn't go to court to make sure Brad pleads guilty. 

(I can't not see the judge as anyone other than George's therapist who got frustrated that she couldn't unzip his coat.)

The Mike/Brook Lynn scenes were nice. I always feel like Sonny goes to visit him out of obligation, and everyone else goes because they genuinely love Mike.

LOL at Renault reading The Prince. It would have been funnier if he'd been reading a romance or something, though.

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam is going to find TJ for Molly because she's such a great PI. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

At least Molly won't be paying Sam.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

To be fair, he did call the hospital, so he knew Monica wouldn't be home.

I guess that's something.  But GRRRR, it still infuriates me every time he or his snarling wife step foot in there.  YOU MURDERED MONICA'S SON, HAVE MICHAEL MEET YOU AT DUNKIN' CORINTHOS IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO HIM!

Speaking of Sonny and hate, I really don't like how connected he and Brook are.  I get that it's in the history, but still, no likely.

In brighter news, BRITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My girl is home, and rocking a pretty good jacket for her consisdering how fug they sometimes dress her.  I'm so glad Brad finally has his friend.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
On 3/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, DanaMB said:

Today was disgusting. Sonny at Taggert’s memorial and speaking is infuriating. Add the ass kissing on top of that and I’m ready to quit this show. 

It's like the years Sonny and Taggert spent as enemies never happened.

Britt and Sasha look like sisters. Sasha really could have been Nina's daughter, and Liesel's niece.

• Love 4
On 3/10/2020 at 7:13 PM, ffwbe said:

I could see them going that Michael because they tend to write him like Jason. Jason was never written as the bad guy even when he was the other man in relationships (i.e. with Courtney and Liz) because they always made the other guy cheat or do something terrible first. While I have a hard time seeing them making puppy dog Chase as the villian in this, I think they would go this way rather than making him the cheater. 

In regards to Neil, it’s hard to say because we don’t know him that well but I have a feeling that Alexis is so insistent on him fighting this and waiting 2 years because she’s projecting. She’s remembering almost losing her license, which was a huge deal to her because a lot of her identity is caught up in being a lawyer. He might not feel the same way. Neil seemed upset when he first told Alexis about it but this entire time, it seemed to me like he’s more than willing to risk it for her.

Don't even get me started with Courtney and Jason and how the writers had to destroy A.J. by having Courtney become a stripper to pay off his debts, (even though Coleman had no proof that A.J. was driving drunk when he ran into Coleman's club) and then having A.J. pay Coleman to stalk Courtney so Courtney would have an excuse to run into Jason's arms.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I've been waiting for the Nelle-is-murdered-who-did-it story to start, but I'm also wondering how long it will be before they decide on a killer virus story. Because with the WHO just announcing a pandemic, you know it's just a matter of time before TPTB decide to address that in PC. (I hope that's not in bad taste, and I hope no one reading this knows anyone who gets really sick from the virus. But shortly after it came out that Kate Middleton had hyperemesis gravidarum, lo and behold Britt "developed" it as well. The writers are great at pulling story ideas from the headlines. Stay healthy and wash your hands

I hope they don’t make the virus a story, I watch GH to escape real life and it’s terrible how every day this week it’s been interrupted by news of another person in the area being infected 🙁

On a lighter note, I look forward to catching today’s episode On Demand.  Britt’s back??? I hope she meets Sasha at some point and they’re like ‘damn let’s pull a Parent Trap on our loved ones’

Stay healthy, everyone 💕💕💕

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam is going to find languidly ask Spinelli to track down TJ for Molly because she's such a great PI.

Fixed that for you. 

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Joss, ala the Mini-SheBeast isn't Mooby's daughter, but Jax's.

Sonny appropriates all the children of Port Charles.  Just like Michael's dad is Sonny, and not the guy Sonny murdered.  Joss adores Sonny, though I can't think why.

How can Molly, Jordan and Curtis be considered smart?  Lawyer, detective, P.I?  Molly knows TJ's habits and knows that his disappearance is out of character, despite her having broken his heart <eyeroll>.  And Curtis should be seeing clearly, even if Jordan can't.

Sorry Neal/Alexis, I just don't care.

• Love 1

I find it hard to care about the Neil/Alexis drama because I swear we JUST had a story where "Kevin" stopped treating Ava and then they started dating immediately and nobody talked about ethics on his part, just thought he was nuts.  Don't redo the same stuff so close together if you aren't going to be consistent with the consequences, it takes all the air out of it.

• Love 9

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Was Britt actually there?  The way they had her simply appear behind Brad,  made me wonder if she was really there, or a dream/figment of his imagination.  

Yeah, it was weird. Just cut to scene and, oh look, Britt is here.  Way to ruin a dramatic entrance, Show. But I don’t even care, because: BRITT!!!

4 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

It's like the years Sonny and Taggert spent as enemies never happened.

Another reason why Trina’s mother’s reaction to EVERYTHING makes no sense. Presumably, she was married to Taggart during the feud years. So she would be well aware of their relationship, and know that Sonny’s “paying regards” was total hypocrisy. Yet she thanked and welcomed him. Are we sure this is Trina’s actual mother? Because I think this is a pod life form in need of one of Dr. Andre’s memory transfers. 

I loved Alexis and FrustrationPencilHair yammering on about how they lied to the board while the people they lied to were right in the next room. I was so hoping that the big black painting behind them was actually a 2-way mirror. Or that someone had left a phone behind with an open connection. Dummies don’t deserve licenses.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Renault reading The Prince. It would have been funnier if he'd been reading a romance or something, though.

Ouch!  That anvil hurt. See how big and bad he is?

I actually read The Prince a couple of summers ago. Interesting for the history but not something worth rereading again and again as if it were a bible.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Sonny and hate, I really don't like how connected he and Brook are.  I get that it's in the history, but still, no likely.

I get that their families knew each other but the show is really overdoing it. Sonny was in Port Charles for most of Brook's life, much of which she spent off screen, and not so close to the Quartermaines that she would be fawning over him like that.

• Love 3

Well I am glad that Jordan asked directly if Cyrus had TJ, because nothing in her expression or tone of voice showed that she was actually worried that the man that has already killed three people and was gunning after her in revenge taking a son that no one has seen or spoken with the last three days.

I am certain that Cyrus was laughing on the inside because Jordan wouldn't have even gone to see him if Laura had not asked her.  He kept dropping enough heavy hints that finally Jordan put 2 and 2 together and actually got 4.

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I turned on the show and there was Sonny yelling at and threatening Brad. I walked away.

Me too. Just deleted it without watching the rest. 

After 33 years I think I’m finally ready to stop watching and take it off my DVR. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Presumably, she was married to Taggart during the feud years. So she would be well aware of their relationship, a

Trina's mother comes across as a giant biatch with a giant chip on her shoulder.  (Not sure if that's the actress herself or what she's putting out for this character but me no likey)  She clearly resented Taggert's job, and if she was in med school or just starting out during those years, I can see her not even being aware or giving a crap about Taggert's need to take down Sonny.  

Also, I found she came across as snotty fake nice towards Sonny,and pretty much everyone at that wake really,  except for Ava with whom she was out and out hostile.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

How can Molly, Jordan and Curtis be considered smart?  Lawyer, detective, P.I?  Molly knows TJ's habits and knows that his disappearance is out of character, despite her having broken his heart <eyeroll>.  And Curtis should be seeing clearly, even if Jordan can't.

I think Molly is smart.  She reported it to Jordan the first day, after having checked up on him at work.  then went back the second day to tell Jordan that he was still missing.  If anything Molly is the only one being smart here.  

Curtis was quick to be all, "he's off licking his wounds" and I wasn't sure if he truly beleived that despite the current threat or if he was just trying to reassure Molly and Jordan and not have them panic.    

Jordan reassured Molly yesterday but as soon as she left Jordan turned to Curtis and said she felt the text from TJ wasn't legit.  The problem is that she's way too low key about it under the circumstances.  I don't need her to go all Carly scorched earth but raising her voice above a whisper might make me think she gives a crap that her son is missing and might be in danger.  Brianna's acting choices here are confusing and hurting my head.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

A few years ago there was a (ridiculous) case where a dental hygenist lost his license after cleaning his wife's teeth.

As someone who has worked in the dental field for 33 years, let me just say that you used to be able to do dental work on your spouse, but a few years ago, they changed that rule because someone did something stupid (someone always has to mess it up for the rest of us!).  So now, dental personel cannot treat their own spouses.  They can however, treat their parents, siblings, children, relatives and what not.  

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I actually read The Prince a couple of summers ago. Interesting for the history but not something worth rereading again and again as if it were a bible.

I agree. It's not really the how-to it's been made out to be. I guess The Art of War was just too obvious for Renault to read? Hee.

• LOL 2

Well, just color me confused. I thought people had wakes for the departed before the funerals? Because Curtis, and Laura, I think it was, referred to what was happening in Mac's place as "a Wake for Taggert." 

Me: Huh?

Then you had others calling it a memorial. GAH.

Both Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes were trash. PURE, UNADULTERATED TRASH.

I'd read up thread how Laura told Jordan not to kiss Mooby's ass, but keep after him? I didn't see that. What I saw was Laura telling her and Curtis to beat Renault at his own game. Damn. I was hoping she would have added Mooby's name to the mix.

My eyes rolled so hard they nearly fell out of my face at SLS's TONE-DEAFNESS about Nelle "stealing" his child to the person who actually STOLE HIS ASS from AJ. The whole custody thing is beyond STOOPID. What if SLS and Nelle were divorcing? Would the court look more favorably upon SLS if he presented a new wife that would take the place of Wiley's mother? And specifically on this FAKAKTA show, we KNOW and have SEEN the judges favor the FATHER. Little Georgie, anyone? And Maxie's lie isn't anywhere NEAR what Nelle's done. But, Plot!Point!

Less said about Mooby, the better. No, wait. It's clear he can only intimidate people shorter than his short, midgety arse. But Shen did a great job showing Brad's fear. And damn, Lucas showed MORE emotion, heartbreak and tears over the break up of his marriage, than when he was handing Wiley over to SLS.

8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah, it was weird. Just cut to scene and, oh look, Britt is here.  Way to ruin a dramatic entrance, Show. But I don’t even care, because: BRITT!!!

Another reason why Trina’s mother’s reaction to EVERYTHING makes no sense. Presumably, she was married to Taggart during the feud years. So she would be well aware of their relationship, and know that Sonny’s “paying regards” was total hypocrisy. Yet she thanked and welcomed him. Are we sure this is Trina’s actual mother? Because I think this is a pod life form in need of one of Dr. Andre’s memory transfers. 

37 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Trina's mother comes across as a giant biatch with a giant chip on her shoulder.  (Not sure if that's the actress herself or what she's putting out for this character but me no likey)  She clearly resented Taggert's job, and if she was in med school or just starting out during those years, I can see her not even being aware or giving a crap about Taggert's need to take down Sonny.  

Also, I found she came across as snotty fake nice towards Sonny,and pretty much everyone at that wake really,  except for Ava with whom she was out and out hostile.  

Well, for one thing, Taggert wasn't married when he was on this show 20 odd years ago. He was single. And he was also dating Daria(?) at the time, I believe. I get the sense that he married Sourpussface Portia after he left. And sorry, but when you marry a cop, especially a cop as dedicated as Taggert was, you know what you're signing up for, Missy.

It's sickening how she's kissing Mooby's ARSE yet condemning Ava. Sourpussface, please. Take a GAZILLION SEATS.

And NO. Taggert didn't fucking respect Mooby. Nor did Mooby respect him. He found him useful at the end, that's all.

The only one who looked good in those scenes was Mac. I give Trina a pass because she's mourning her dad.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Taggert wasn't married when he was on this show 20 odd years ago. He was single. And he was also dating Daria(?) at the time, I believe.

And after the Dara relationship had run its course, he was dating Hannah Scott, once she was revealed as an FBI agent and Sonny had moved on to Carly. Taggert, Hannah, and AJ had a triangle going in 2000-01, almost up to the time she moved away.  

That does leave a couple years in Taggert's run when I guess he could have been involved with Portia offscreen, in Port Charles. Once the Hannah relationship was over, we didn't get much about his personal life, other than scenes with his sister. Like you, I had assumed Portia came later, but it's all a bit vague.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, just color me confused. I thought people had wakes for the departed before the funerals? Because Curtis, and Laura, I think it was, referred to what was happening in Mac's place as "a Wake for Taggert." 

Since the original purpose of the wake is no longer necessary, I think "wake" is probably used more now to indicate a gathering where alcohol is being served, as opposed to a reception after a funeral service (which, in my experience, is usually dry). 

Ok. I have an idea. If Julian is so scared of Sonny (as if), why doesn't he just, I don't know, kill Sonny!?! With all this crap with Renault going on there's a real chance that this new mob war will get the blame and Julian gets away with it.

One of my most favorite scenes in recent history was when Jason was being all "threatening" to Julian and Julian looked him square in the eye and laughingly said, "You don't scare me." With that scene in my memory, I don't get the whole being scared of Sonny crap.

Just a though.

• Love 10

I think everyone is supposed to act scared of Sonny because if you just look at MB, no one would be afraid of him.

Wakes

The term wake was originally used to denote a prayer vigil, often an annual event held on the feast day of the saint to whom a parish church was dedicated. Over time the association with prayer has become less important, although not lost completely,[ and in many countries a wake is now mostly associated with the social interactions accompanying a funeral.

It used to be the custom in most Celtic countries in Europe for mourners to keep watch or vigil over their dead until they were buried — this was called a "wake". This is still common in Ireland and North-western Scotland.

With the change to the more recent practice of holding the wake at a funeral home rather than the home, the custom of providing refreshment to the mourners is often held directly after the funeral at the house or another convenient location.

The wake or the viewing of the body is a prominent part of death rituals in many cultures. This ceremony allows one last interaction with the corpse, providing a time for the living to express their emotions and beliefs about death with the deceased

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

As someone who has worked in the dental field for 33 years, let me just say that you used to be able to do dental work on your spouse, but a few years ago, they changed that rule because someone did something stupid (someone always has to mess it up for the rest of us!).  So now, dental personel cannot treat their own spouses.  They can however, treat their parents, siblings, children, relatives and what not.  

Replying in The Nurses Station

What, Sonny's whisper-threats don't terrify you?

Like MB, Sonny is coasting on a reputation he can no longer back up. I really wish the show would dig into what being an aging mobster actually is, but of course it never will, and I suspect MB's ego won't let Sonny ever be seen as "weak." It would give him some good material for a change, especially if the writers are actually allowed to write the story. Which we know they aren't, to everyone's detriment.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What, Sonny's whisper-threats don't terrify you?

That's MB's only go-to to represent scary.  It's just so stupid.  

Unpopular opinions:  I don't care that Taggart's dead and I don't care that Britt is back.

• Love 3

It made me so sad that Lucas had to go to court by himself.  That was such a sad scene between him and Brad.  I just wish we had seen more of their relationship.

Can Brooklyn just have all her scenes with Mike and at the nursing home?  She’s so good with Mike.  It makes me almost forget I can’t stand her.  Almost.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Chase saying something along the lines of it seems like the criminals get all the luck to MICHAEL FREAKING CORINTHOS was laughable. Micheal talking about Ava instantly regretting it if she helped Nelle makes me want her to start using her Cassadine powers to level the playing field. I hope she protects Julian.

Did it seem like Chase was suggesting Michael should kill Nelle?

I zoned in and out of the Brook stuff so was she talking about creating a new streaming service or just setting up playlist for employees because....the latter is stupid. Their talk made me realize that the future of the Q's is in the hands of Sonny asskisses and their offsprings. I am not a fan of popup kids but I would like for some long lost spawn of AJ to come to town to be the head of the Q's

Sasha explaining the purpose of the marriage makes it even dumber. So the judge is just going to go "well since you had a shotgun wedding and a new mommy for Wiley, he doesn't need his bio mom. Sasha, come sign this adoption paperwork". There are parents who abuse their children and don't lose their parental rights.

I am tired of Willow butting into all things Wiley. I wanted Nelle to slap her. William is not even that far off from Wiley to be an issue. Nelle vs Willow and Sasha is must miss tv.

Why are they letting Brad stay in the courtroom this long? I have missed Britt. lol that she would have given Julian up.

Jordan was not great in those confrontation scenes. You would think her son being kidnapped would light a fire but nope. They should have let the cliffhanger be her saying "He has TJ" and then a pan to the shock on Curtis' face.

1 hour ago, Sheggy50G said:

One of my most favorite scenes in recent history was when Jason was being all "threatening" to Julian and Julian looked him square in the eye and laughingly said, "You don't scare me." With that scene in my memory, I don't get the whole being scared of Sonny crap.

Just a though.

Loved Julian in that scene, hated that Kim told Jason where Ava was. She knows what he does and he was not looking for Ava to buy paintings.

Edited by Thatoneshow

I laughed at how Willow went from looking surprised and displeased at the word "marriage" to almost sick with jealousy at the idea that Sasha would become Wiley's mother. Dumping the drink on Nelle for being such a first class heartless bitch and then Julian backing up Willow when Nelle got outraged was pretty funny. I assume Michael, Sasha, Willow and Chase will all agree in the next week or so that Michael and Willow should get married to protect little Wiley from the dire threat of Nelle.

Of course Britt thinks everything Brad has done is totally understandable and forgivable; she's just as selfish as he is. Of course she's now going to try to pressure/blackmail Julian to do more to help Brad.

All I can do is roll my eyes at Jordan, and also Brook.  But WK did a good job with Ned doing his best to be a kind, supportive dad.  I wonder if the GH audience will get to see them 'perform' together at the Floating Rib.

For those wondering: the Mob 4 were not on today. 

• Love 2

Ned and Brrook Lynn scenes were sweet, and I'm really glad that she got a job at ELQ at an appropriate level unlike Edward bringing Michael as an exectutive.  Wardrobe still hates her though.

I'm glad Britt came back for Brad. Poor guy needs a friend. I like my villains interesting.

I know that Nelle is supposed to be the villain but I still root for her against Sasha who seems to be appropriating the Hate Nelle a little too much.

I should be terrified for TJ but somehow whether it's the pacing or the acting, I'm not.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know how Alexis' ability to practice would be affected unless lawyers have to be of In good moral character too and not lie in statements.

NY lawyers are licensed/overseen by the court system itself and there is a good character component, but it's unlikely to be enforced in reality unless it follows a conviction for something immoral. The trouble with applying real rules to the show though is that Alexis (and all the others PC attorneys) have committed so many sanctionable offenses that I have no suspension of disbelief left. 

• Useful 3
55 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Sasha explaining the purpose of the marriage makes it even dumber. So the judge is just going to go "well since you had a shotgun wedding and a new mommy for Wiley, he doesn't need his bio mom. Sasha, come sign this adoption paperwork". There are parents who abuse their children and don't lose their parental rights.

It's so stupid, not to mention rather insulting. Marrying some woman who's unsure she wants to get married right now and be a mother makes a more stable family? Okay, then.

News flash, Julian: You can throw Nelle out of the gastropub if you want. It's your private property.

Only now Jordan realizes TJ is in trouble? Honestly, it's gross how incompetent she is.

Michael's face when Chase told him Nelle's fake passports were stolen was hilarious. Like Sonny has never made evidence disappear. The unacknowledged hypocrisy of this whole story is rage-blackout-inducing.

Supportive Dad Ned is hot Ned. I like his kind-but-tough-love manner with BL.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so stupid, not to mention rather insulting. Marrying some woman who's unsure she wants to get married right now and be a mother makes a more stable family? Okay, then.

News flash, Julian: You can throw Nelle out of the gastropub if you want. It's your private property.

Only now Jordan realizes TJ is in trouble? Honestly, it's gross how incompetent she is.

Michael's face when Chase told him Nelle's fake passports were stolen was hilarious. Like Sonny has never made evidence disappear. The unacknowledged hypocrisy of this whole story is rage-blackout-inducing.

Supportive Dad Ned is hot Ned. I like his kind-but-tough-love manner with BL.

1. It's not just stupid, but GALACTICALLY STOOPID. But par for the course for this FAKAKTA show, that just earlier this week, Sasha told Chase she didn't WANT to be a mother. And if I understand correctly, now she's "unsure" of that?

2. I wish they'd just make Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Commissioner again. Or Mac. Jordan can be demoted to Chief of Dicks.

3. Do you still have your supply of Xanax, @dubbel zout?
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As opposed to when Sam, Carly, Sonny used to frequent Charlie's and act like HE should be thrown out of his own establishment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

That was such a sad scene between him and Brad.  I just wish we had seen more of their relationship.

I've never bought Brad and Lucas as a couple.   They're just so awkward with each other.  Lucas and Willow have chemistry, but I don't see any between him and Brad.  They're like two straight guys when they try to kiss.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, rur said:

Since the original purpose of the wake is no longer necessary, I think "wake" is probably used more now to indicate a gathering where alcohol is being served, as opposed to a reception after a funeral service (which, in my experience, is usually dry). 

Just went through this. We had a wake(people come in view the deceased then mingle). Next day was the service and then we had food at a hall after with alcohol 

Oooooh! Willow threw a drink in Nelle’s “face.” Except she didn’t. It was her neck.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I did a LOT of 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄today, from above and Jordan and the scenes with Chase and SLS. It’s like these two and Sasha have never heard of single parents. Yeah, Judge Country was realllllly “Traditional” when he gave Spinelli custody of Georgie. And didn’t the court also give Ric custody of Molly when Alexis was undergoing chemo?

Then again, why am I trying to apply logic and realism with this shitastic show? They always get law enforcement WRONG.

• Love 2

I like kind, sensible Brook much more than scheming Brook. Her and Ned's scene was nice. 

I hope Britt does not buy into Leisl's guilt. I want them to have a good relationship. Hmm, are they gonna put Britt with Julian, or is she gonna con him. Does anyone know how long the actress is staying?

• Love 2

HI BRITT HI!  Her chat with Brad hit all the points I wanted it to; I particualarly like her noting that Nelle took advantage of Brad's grief (something the show skipped over for the most part, but that I've always thought was true) and relating points of the saga to her own Port Charles history.

Did notice that Brad neglected to mention that he, you know, tried to murder Obrecht at one point.

I'm also intriguted by Britt's being cagey about where she's been and what she had to do to get her medical license back.  Could that tie into something else that's going on?

Also, Nelle left right before Britt showed up to needle, seduce, whatever she's going to do to Julian.  Did she not see Nelle in the parking lot and snatch a chunk of her hair?

Speaking of hair, Kelly Thiebaud's is looking good, no?

• Love 9

Oooooh! Willow threw a drink in Nelle’s “face.” Except she didn’t. It was her neck.

I think they wanted to avoid having to re-do the actress' hair and makeup for the scenes that followed.

I thought Brookie's ELQ ideas were kind of useless and cost prohibitive, but I guess Ned is easily pleased.

• Love 1

Why does wardrobe hate BrookLynn? That red plaid blanket jacket with a spotted sleeve was an atrocity. I don't like Brook (even if she's nice to Mike) but I wouldn't make her wear that.

I wish we could move on to the 'Find Nell Completely Dead' episode. It's taking too long.

You guys were  absolutely right, some one should've shown up for Lucas in court, but not the judgy/mouthy ones just someone quietly supportive. If he were an actual character he might have a friend.

Joss being grief leader is annoying. Shut up.

Writers: we  don't like it when we can predict your storylines months in advance.

Welcome back Britt!

• Love 3

So, so enjoyed the return of Britt. I don't like Brad a lot, but I do love his friendship with Britt, and how we get to see a little bit more into his thought process when she's around.

And I second a scene of Britt and Sasha coming face to face and wondering how the hell they're NOT related. Arghhh, till this day, I still hate the writers for messing up perfect family casting for it to be that Valentin was really deceiving Nina. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Unpopular opinions:  I don't care that Taggart's dead and I don't care that Britt is back.

1. Agreed, and 2. How dare you!! Lol.

I assume Britt’s here only long enough to usher Brad out, but I hope I’m wrong.

On 3/11/2020 at 5:14 PM, dubbel zout said:

Guza did a monkey virus story, notable for the return of Robert Fucking! Scorpio and the death of Tony Jones.

I like Monkey Virus if because it brought back Robert, brought Scrubs closer, and - most important - it killed Who. So it was useful.

• Love 1

Can Britt stay for good?   Pleeeeeease?? We so rarely get nice things.

I think I know the issue with Brook Lynn’s wardrobe: she is short waisted, and they are not outfitting her properly.  I have the same issue, and so I ***never*** wear tops that cut off right at the waist.  It makes me look thicker than I am, and boxy and shapeless and short.  My tops are all about hip-length, and never tucked in to pants or skirts.  Plus, these short tops they put her in are... puffy and frilly and weird.  They wouldn’t be flattering on anyone.  I think the wardrobe department just doesn’t know how to deal with women who are over a size 2.

I kinda dig Julian now that he’s no longer doing the toxic push-and-pull with Alexis.  He’s... dare I say, even kinda sexy.

Auntie Stella!  Can you stay a while, too???

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oooooh! Willow threw a drink in Nelle’s “face.” Except she didn’t. It was her neck.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I did a LOT of 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄today, from above and Jordan and the scenes with Chase and SLS. It’s like these two and Sasha have never heard of single parents. Yeah, Judge Country was realllllly “Traditional” when he gave Spinelli custody of Georgie. And didn’t the court also give Ric custody of Molly when Alexis was undergoing chemo?

Then again, why am I trying to apply logic and realism with this shitastic show? They always get law enforcement WRONG.

I completely hate that concept - having seen it for real in domestic relations cases.  Family court judges are by now likely to suspect any recent marriage.  The best interests of the child don't always include a stepmother (usually it is men who do it).  And getting married to bolster a custody case - just don't get me started.  

Neil and Alexis - it seems like the time period should be shortened the older the couple are.  They don't have 2 years at their ages (I'm even older).  And should be considered by that time old enough - Alexis is not a person to be taken advantage of anyway.  

• Love 1