Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Today was disgusting. Sonny at Taggert’s memorial and speaking is infuriating. Add the ass kissing on top of that and I’m ready to quit this show. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I can’t believe that Alexis was really going to go with the story that she ran into Neil at bingo and impulsively kissed him. If someone really reported them based on that night, they were clearly on a date. She probably would have better off saying that they went on a date after she stopped seeing him as a therapist not knowing about the 2 year waiting period (although Neil should have known about that one anyway). I guess it’s a moot point since they slept together the night before and the board doesn’t seem to remotely believe her but I would think they had a better cover story than that.

Alexis is such a child! Listening to her rationalizing the lies when he wanted to tell the truth was extra today. So of course, they know those two have been bumping uglies even though NYC was really the first time they did and he will lose his license. She will feel bad and won't go around him.

I don't understand why "lie" is the default setting of every soap character out there.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Chase and Sasha will commiserate over Michael and Willow bonding and the two of them will cheat first (most likely after a night of drinking) thereby making Michael and Willow the victims.

Totally. Droopy Dog and Snow White, a match made in heaven. I can't think of a worse pairing dramatically. They're both written as such perfect people that it's hard to imagine them even needing to use the bathroom.

When your scenario unfolds, everyone will turn on Sasha because Michael stood by her when no one else did! The snarling Carly telling-off speech -- probably delivered in public -- writes itself.  

By the way, Katelyn MacMullen's Instagram is an interesting experience. Usually, soap actresses are all glammed up for the shows and "no-fuss pretty" in photos taken off the set. She's the opposite.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

WTF is up with Neil's nonchalant attitude about the prospect of losing his license?? He sounds like Sam with the "can't wait two years" b.s.

I can see it as he's at the point where he's ready to move on and do something else for the next stage of his life. If we take Flanigan's age of 53 as Neil's, he's been a psychiatrist for 25 years. Maybe he thinks that having a relationship with Alexis is worth finding another job. He could be the hospital's CEO, he could start and run a foundation, he could write books if he's got enough money saved up. Alexis is the one who is determined to keep him working as a psychiatrist.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

ahhhhh so Curtis is going to be Trina"s dad, therefore the DNA match relative Stella had in Port Charles.  They will prob make Curtis' blood donation involved somehow because GH is your one stop shop for blood bank, paternity testing, and general eaves dropping.

I didn't think of that, so I applaud your cleverness. And mourn that the awesome Taggert and Trina are going to be brought down.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

WTF is up with Neil's nonchalant attitude about the prospect of losing his license?? He sounds like Sam with the "can't wait two years" b.s.

I can see it as he's at the point where he's ready to move on and do something else for the next stage of his life.

I think this is probably the case, and I wish they'd have him say that. It's not like it would be a gigantic shock. As it is, he sounds kind of reckless in the wrong way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

ahhhhh so Curtis is going to be Trina"s dad, therefore the DNA match relative Stella had in Port Charles.  They will prob make Curtis' blood donation involved somehow because GH is your one stop shop for blood bank, paternity testing, and general eaves dropping.

Well, of course, and that's what we all assumed when the DNA match happened but then they gave us Taggert and then they killed Taggert and if/when they make this happen they will have just screwed around with Taggert even more and I do not approve.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Totally. Droopy Dog and Snow White, a match made in heaven. I can't think of a worse pairing dramatically. They're both written as such perfect people that it's hard to imagine them even needing to use the bathroom.

When your scenario unfolds, everyone will turn on Sasha because Michael stood by her when no one else did! The snarling Carly telling-off speech -- probably delivered in public -- writes itself. 

I could see them going that Michael because they tend to write him like Jason. Jason was never written as the bad guy even when he was the other man in relationships (i.e. with Courtney and Liz) because they always made the other guy cheat or do something terrible first. While I have a hard time seeing them making puppy dog Chase as the villian in this, I think they would go this way rather than making him the cheater. 

In regards to Neil, it’s hard to say because we don’t know him that well but I have a feeling that Alexis is so insistent on him fighting this and waiting 2 years because she’s projecting. She’s remembering almost losing her license, which was a huge deal to her because a lot of her identity is caught up in being a lawyer. He might not feel the same way. Neil seemed upset when he first told Alexis about it but this entire time, it seemed to me like he’s more than willing to risk it for her.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

While I have a hard time seeing them making puppy dog Chase as the villian in this, I think they would go this way rather than making him the cheater. 

How could Chase possibly be a villain in this FAKAKTA direction of SLS suggesting marriage, that wouldn’t include cheating? Something which I REFUSE to believe he would do. Is this CRAPTASTIC FAKAKTA show trying a redux of Ned/Alexis/Jax/Chloe relationship swap??!!🤬🤬🤬🤬

42 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

Well, of course, and that's what we all assumed when the DNA match happened but then they gave us Taggert and then they killed Taggert and if/when they make this happen they will have just screwed around with Taggert even more and I do not approve.

I think it really depends on whether he knew the truth or not. If he knew Trina wasn't biologically his, but chose to love her and raise her anyway, then it can still pass. If he didn't know that she wasn't his, then we're talking about a different story.

Them making Curtis her father doesn't change who her dad was, or that they had a loving relationship, though. 

In any case, I think it's hard enough for actors to come into a soap, but they way they introduced Trina's mom has been really bad. First, her bad attitude toward Ava, and then this potential paternity lie to a veteran character. They're not even trying to give her a chance, are they? I sort of feel bad for Brook Kerr.

my poor sweet dog got quite the scare today at the yelling at the TV by me today First common thug showing up at cops funeral and then visting the child he stole from AJ to criticize someone for stealing a child..

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it really depends on whether he knew the truth or not. If he knew Trina wasn't biologically his, but chose to love her and raise her anyway, then it can still pass. If he didn't know that she wasn't his, then we're talking about a different story.

Either way it is crap.  A huge thing that affects his story as a character that he will have no part in because he is dead.  They didn't need to make Trina Taggert's daughter for 4 episodes.  And they certainly didn't need to give Taggert a child for 4 days kill him and then go, "oops."

• Love 7

Either Taggart’s death was faked or the show severely underestimated how excited people would be about his return and just wanted someone “known” to die in this mob war. 

• Love 9

You all know I hate Ava, but I even found it weird how hostile Trina's mom acts towards Ava. Ava hasn't asked Trina to do anything inappropriate or been overly motherly to her. Ava doesn't seem to be acting much different from my own boss. Frank is really shit at new characters isn't he? Guza was fucking terrible, but he could really craft some good characters when he wanted to. It quickly went to shit, but he did have a talent for it. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
it is hasn't, not has
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

Either way it is crap.  A huge thing that affects his story as a character that he will have no part in because he is dead.  They didn't need to make Trina Taggert's daughter for 4 episodes.  And they certainly didn't need to give Taggert a child for 4 days kill him and then go, "oops."

It sucks to say, but this was never about Taggert. I doubt it will be about Trina either. As much as I love Curtis, this is going to be about him and his manpain.

8 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Either Taggart’s death was faked or the show severely underestimated how excited people would be about his return and just wanted someone “known” to die in this mob war. 

That's because the writers have no balls. Instead of killing off someone mob side that would have an impact on the canvas as a whole, they decided to kill off a character who was gone from PC for like 20 years.

I still remember how the gut punch I felt when I read Ned Stark's death chapter some 30 years ago. 

And now I just feel old.

• Love 4
Just now, Ambrosefolly said:

You all know I hate Ava, but I even found it weird how hostile Trina's mom acts towards Ava. Ava has asked Trina to do anything inappropriate or been overly motherly to her. Ava doesn't seem to be acting much different from my own boss.

I thought Ava should be able to read the room. It's obvious that Portia doesn't like her or relationship with Trina. Ava kept interjecting herself in Portia's conversations and talking about "our girl." I mean after the first dirty look, Ava could have stepped back and let Portia and Trina at Marucs' wake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Clearly, there was a checklist involved in the writing of this episode.

Establish that Sasha doesn’t want to be a mother...Check! Michael needs to line up a mother for Wiley... Check! Willow will do anything to keep Wiley from Nelle...Check! Chase and Sasha interact to create a baseline relationship... Check!

As others have noted, it is beyond obvious what’s about to happen. I just wish the writers could attempt a tiny bit of subtlety. My head is pounding from all the anvils that just fell on it.

I'm not sure that they can.  

4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

not to mention, Chase and Sasha will commiserate over Michael and Willow bonding and the two of them will cheat first (most likely after a night of drinking) thereby making Michael and Willow the victims.

I would be shocked... SHOCKED if this doesn't happen, unfortunately.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I thought Ava should be able to read the room. It's obvious that Portia doesn't like her or relationship with Trina

Ava was there for Trina, Taggert's daughter, not his long-divorced wife. Yes, Ava was deliberately needling Portia but she's been a good mentor and friend to Trina and Portia seemed unreasonably antipathetic.

• Love 9

I gotta say my takeback from this episode was that, dang, Donnell Turner and Brook Kerr have some mighty fine chemistry. In just the first couple of seconds they managed to ratchet up more heat than Turner and Briana Henry have in their entire time together. So, yeah, I'm all in on Curtis and Portia, thank you very much.

And I may have not been impressed with her first appearance, I was actually amused by the interplay between Portia and Ava in this episode. Probably because Ava just gave it right back to Portia, and when they both shot back at Trina's assertion that she was going to the gallery that day: "You most certainly are not," at the exact same time in the exact same tone, it was perfect.

I just fast-forwarded through everything Corinthos-related so that made the episode much more enjoyable. 🙂

• Love 3

Tagger and sonny  respected each other???! In what universe? And Trina mother is glad sonny  was there and thinks taggert would have been Pleased? but Ava is a horrible person and bad influence on Trina?

The show is punking us, Right? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, hcs said:

First common thug showing up at cops funeral and then visting the child he stole from AJ to criticize someone for stealing a child..

And then visiting 'child stealer,' whom he has a lot in common with, and threatening him.  Congratulations, show, you made Sonny even more vile than usual today.  Him swanning into Taggart's memorial really topped the list, though.  The absolute nerve of this jackass to suggest he's anything but indifferent towards Taggart's death.

Don't even get me started on Portia kissing his ass, either.  The lengths the writers go to to make all things Corinthii wonderful is pathological.

• Love 11

So my understanding is that Sonny went from Taggert's memorial - where he should not have been - to the Q manse - where he should never be, HE MURDERED THE HOMEOWNER'S SON - and then to threaten Brad in some police/legal office he should not have access to?

H-A-T-E-F-U-L.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Michael technically doesn’t go to the bathroom, but he does wail for Carly to wipe him down and powder his tushie as needed.

Jordan is SO WORRIED about her son.  That’s the same face I make when I leave the house and wonder if I left my curling iron plugged in.

• LOL 10
10 hours ago, driver18 said:

I just fast-forwarded through everything Corinthos-related so that made the episode much more enjoyable. 🙂

It could be a boilerplate review of episodes from the last 25 years.  🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Tagger and sonny  respected each other???! In what universe? And Trina mother is glad sonny  was there and thinks taggert would have been Pleased? but Ava is a horrible person and bad influence on Trina?

The show is punking us, Right? 

At this point, I'm pretty sure that Mo must have a clause in his contract about how Sonny should be bowed down to by one and all. Nothing else explains this very uneven writing.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So my understanding is that Sonny went from Taggert's memorial - where he should not have been - to the Q manse - where he should never be, HE MURDERED THE HOMEOWNER'S SON - and then to threaten Brad in some police/legal office he should not have access to?

H-A-T-E-F-U-L.

To be fair, he did call the hospital, so he knew Monica wouldn't be home.

Quick! Someone! Pat me on the shoulder. I almost typed that with a straight face!

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

If TJ's phone is still on, Jordan could track it and see if he is actually behind those vague text messages that she has received.

Jordan isn't exactly bright. I get that TJ is a grown ass man, but her lack of urgency boggles the mind.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

MVP of the day was Ava-- her reaction to Mac offering her a drink (Hells yeah!) and her reaction to Portia's snark (you're at your ex's memorial, so you can say what you want). And still being there for Trina-- that's class.

I still can't get over that Sonny showed up-- wasn't thrown out-- and his daughter showed up to a memorial IN A RED DRESS. (that's an actual joke from Moonstruck- Cher threatening to show up to a funeral in a red dress).

I can't even with that twit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think there's a chance Willow and Michael are inappropriate first. I just have a feeling.

More than a chance. I get it; Willow is mourning the death of her child and that Wiley is not that child; but she's coming close to batshit crazy in thinking Wiley IS her child and that it's her JOB to keep him safe at all costs. Nope. Here, Nina was right.

11 hours ago, paisley said:

I want Taggert back.

This times a million.  

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And then visiting 'child stealer,' whom he has a lot in common with, and threatening him.  Congratulations, show, you made Sonny even more vile than usual today.  Him swanning into Taggart's memorial really topped the list, though.  The absolute nerve of this jackass to suggest he's anything but indifferent towards Taggart's death.

Don't even get me started on Portia kissing his ass, either.  The lengths the writers go to to make all things Corinthii wonderful is pathological.

So typical of Mooby. Just like him waltzing into Robin's funeral and making it ALL.ABOUT.HIM. I don't CARE that Robin loved him at some point. When she "died" she had CUT HIS MOBBY ASS OFF. He had NO BUSINESS being there. Just like at Taggert's memorial--NO BUSINESS. And are you guys telling me that there was NO FUNERAL for Taggert? He didn't get all the respect and ceremony like fucking Nathan did? I'm POSITIVE HACK!FRANK brought Andrews back only to kill him.

• Love 1

There was an offscreen funeral for Taggert, Laura mentioned it when she ran into Curtis at the hospital and asked why he didn't attend. He was giving blood instead so I guess the Port Charles blood donation centre is only open one hour each week.

But I suspect that the only reason we even got a memorial scene was so that Sonny could get yet another moment inappropriately in the spotlight and so Portia and Curtis could set up their reveal story.

The memorial may have been held at The Floating Rib (Hi Mac!) but I think Joss wearing a red dress with a provocative zipper was inappropriate.  We know she's got a white top and black pants, borrow a dark coloured sweater or jacket over it and stop drawing attention to yourself.

• Love 2

If this were the real world, I could understand a teenager wearing a red dress because maybe it was the "nicest" dress she had and wanted to be dressed appropriately for an important occasion (see Cam's jacket and tie). That she was wearing a red dress didn't register with me at all.  But since it's become a topic of discussion here, an appropriate scene might have been Carly or Sonny questioning Joss's choice of attire before leaving for the wake so she could have provided an explanation, or perhaps wardrobe could have just put her in a more subdued color. Personally, I thought she looked  nice.

. . .  Going to the solo table in the corner now . . .

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Sonny has severe narcissistic personal disorder. 

Why can't Alexis' act like a grown woman around boys she hearts. 

If they smear Chase's character to make Michael/Willow happen, I will flip a table. 

Forgot to point out this hilarious moment from Monday: Diane says to Sam/Jason at Monica's: "I assume Scout and Danny are upstairs?" To which Jason throws up his hands in a 'how the fuck should I know' gesture and says, "I guess so."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I am so absolutely outraged the Sonny had the nerve to show up at Taggert’s memorial!!  Good for Mac for not offering him a drink, although he should have just been thrown out immediately.  I did like his little eulogy being met with stone faces from the cops.  Trina seemed to kind of eye roll Sonny being there and it seemed she was just throwing Joss a bone by saying something nice, or at least that’s how I choose to see it.

I liked the friendship scene with Cam, Joss and Trina.  Cam yelling “I’m coming in!” when the girls took too long in the bathroom, ha.  I don’t think Joss was inappropriately dressed.

Portia is just awful.  She was rude to Ava (who was the MVP of the episode imo) and even rude to Jordan when Jordan was just trying to ask how she was. I felt bad for Curtis.

Good god Alexis needs to remember that she’s a middle aged woman, not some love sick teenager.  Get a hold of yourself, woman.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Cam yelling “I’m coming in!” when the girls took too long in the bathroom, ha.

I forgot that part. It was so funny. I also liked how he sort of peeked around the corner before fully entering. I don't know if that was scripted or not, but those three kids work well together (when they have Joss not wallowing about stupid Oscar). The hug at the end of that scene was adorable.

• Love 12

So Portia has a problem with Ava because of her past associates but she does not have a problem with Sonny, one of the past associates? And Ava is an issue but Sonny is fine despite the fact that he is literally in a battle with the same man believed to have put the hit out on Taggart and 2 other DEA agents? God, this show can find any way to kiss Sonnys ass. I am starting to believe the actor really does have something on the higher ups. Portia is gorgeous, though.

Sonny was way too involved in Taggarts funeral. They were not friends and they did not become friends on his death bed.

I don't believe for a second that a judge would hold it against Michael that he is not married while Nelle is also single and was married to a CULT leader. Furthermore, Michael has almost 2 years of being in Wileys life while Nelle has likely only held him for less than 1 hr of his life so what judge would take Wiley from Michael just because he doesn't have a wife?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Of course they don’t. They are Barbie and Ken dolls and have no genitals.

I don’t understand the introduction of Trina’s mother. Despite the fact that she’s never been mentioned, we’re supposed to assume she’s been present in her daughter’s life, right? Yet she is reacting to everyone like she just got to town and this is the first she’s hearing of them. Like all she knows of Sonny is he’s a kind gentleman who spoke nicely of Taggert. And like this is the first time she’s ever met Ava and had no idea her daughter had a mentor. It all just feels off to me.

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

MVP of the day was Ava-- her reaction to Mac offering her a drink (Hells yeah!) 

This made me laugh out loud. These days, it’s rare when the show can do that— on purpose.

• Love 8

Jordan is on my nerves. She said something like she made sure TJ was alright but her text to him asked to hear his voice, so she still has not laid eyes on him. Her old partners daughter and her date were just kidnapped but she is accepting text, TEXT confirmation that TJ is alright? I just want to shake her. She finally gets a clue and ask Cyrus, but she should have made a beeline straight to his place after Taggart died.

I was afraid Laura was going to try to pressure Jordan to work with Sonny so I was pleasantly surprised that she was just talking about investigating him more and maybe using a family to blackmail him? You sly devil, you.

Sonny and Brook were eyeing each other like they were about to sex it up.

Speaking of too old, while I can sympathize more with Neil and Alexis, I think they and Jasam are too old for these forced apart stories.

there was  an echo in the court room when Brad and Julian were talking and it was bothering me. I am tired of hearing how Julian is scared of Sonny. Did not expect the hug from Brucas. Guessing they will get back together after the Julian secret comes out and Brad is let out for some hokey reason. When Brit walked in, I remembered that Brad also helped her with her baby lie situation so Lucas should be used to it by now.

Brits back!!!! I am guessing Nelle will be blackmailing Julian tomorrow. I don't like that Chase still calls Nelle Janelle. Makes it seem like he still feels a connection to her. Although, I would actually like that.

• Love 2

The Spencer/Jones/Corinthos Family loves Lucas so much that nobody, not even his mother, accompanied him to Brad's arraignment.  I felt sooo sorry for him as he sat in that courtroom alone, with Julian glancing at him from the other side. I guess the crying goodbye/sobbing hug and those few lines between them are all we'll get to see of Lucas mourning the loss of his son and marriage? Also, hello Britt. Preview seems to indicate she wants to take down Nelle. 

UGH at Brook greeting "Uncle Sonny," but her sweetly feeding Mike is one of the two good/tolerable scenes she's been in IMO since the character was recast.  I think the Sonny/Mike/Brook scenes were the best I've seen Sonny behave since he was comforting young Robin during the Stone storyline.

Laura looked lovely and I liked seeing her act like a boss.

Molly, you make it really hard to like you on days like this. Did Sam go to Taggert's funeral? The black dress and hairstyle surprised me.

I'm shocked that Neil gets to carry on with life and that usher didn't appear to bust them during the hearing. 

• Love 5

Sorry if this has already been answered, but who exactly is making complaints against Neil and Alexis? Is it whoever is stalking them? Is it going to come out that Neil is married or has a vengeful ex? 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but who exactly is making complaints against Neil and Alexis? Is it whoever is stalking them? Is it going to come out that Neil is married or has a vengeful ex? 

I think he’s already said that he was divorced from his daughter’s mother and their issues might have driven his daughter to the cult. I guess it could be her but I think they suspected Kendra’s mother since the complaint was lodged not that long after her death. 

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think there's a chance Willow and Michael are inappropriate first. I just have a feeling.

I could see Chase and/or Sasha seeing Michael and Willow kissing (and they of course pull away after Chase and/or Sasha leaves) resulting in Chasha having sex and absolving Michael and Willow of guilt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I still can't get over that Sonny showed up-- wasn't thrown out-- and his daughter showed up to a memorial IN A RED DRESS.

I said that about Lulu's hot pink dress at Valentin/Nina's non-wedding. (And was kind of jeered). At least the funeral/wake wasn't in the summer, where Joss could show up in cut-offs and tube top.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I still can't get over that Sonny showed up-- wasn't thrown out-- and his daughter showed up to a memorial IN A RED DRESS.

Joss, ala the Mini-SheBeast isn't Mooby's daughter, but Jax's. He's her "Uncle [Mooby]" and stepfather. Unless Kristina also showed up in a red dress?

Britt!! Oh, I'm surprised by how much I've missed you.

I really hope this isn't it for Brad and we never see him again. He was never my favourite character, but he was most definitely not one of my least favourite. And I know in soaps characters are constantly getting married and breaking up, but it would have been kind of nice for the one same-sex couple on the show to have a functional relationship.

I've been waiting for the Nelle-is-murdered-who-did-it story to start, but I'm also wondering how long it will be before they decide on a killer virus story. Because with the WHO just announcing a pandemic, you know it's just a matter of time before TPTB decide to address that in PC. (I hope that's not in bad taste, and I hope no one reading this knows anyone who gets really sick from the virus. But shortly after it came out that Kate Middleton had hyperemesis gravidarum, lo and behold Britt "developed" it as well. The writers are great at pulling story ideas from the headlines. Stay healthy and wash your hands.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Jordan is on my nerves. She said something like she made sure TJ was alright but her text to him asked to hear his voice, so she still has not laid eyes on him. Her old partners daughter and her date were just kidnapped but she is accepting text, TEXT confirmation that TJ is alright? 

That’s because TJ is only B-spawn and therefore not worth the bother. Cameron is A-spawn, which rates a Jason save.  Now, if Wylie or Donna (Donna!!) were missing, there would be circling helicopters and a global WSB taskforce.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2