Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

GV was charming, but he was Larry, not Lucky.

Apropos of nothing, but this totally reminds me of when GV's Lucky and Sam were a thing and she had the apartment with the giant hot tub on the balcony and every other week they had KeMo in a skimpy  bikini ~relaxing in it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I fast forward all Anna/Peter scenes because I can’t watch Anna being so pathetic so I only knew he was trying to frame Liesl from this forum.  It’s so stupid.  I really can’t wait until this all blows up in her face so she can just se Peter for who he is and just get over it already.  I did love the little Finn/Robert/Violet tea party, plus Finn’s little “ok cheerio then!” to Peter.  Ha.

So Maxie is sick of doing all the work while her boss takes all the credit and gallivants around?  Welcome to 90% of the world’s jobs, Maxie.

What is going on with Alexis’ hair??  She needs to maybe cut it, wash it, pull it back.....I’m not sure.  It looks almost as greasy and Maxie’s.

I see nothing different in Molly, maybe she’s plumped her lips but they don’t look weird or out of proportion with her face imo.  I do agree it’s weird that Jordan doesn’t seem at all concerned that no one has physically seen or spoken to TJ.

• Love 3

I wish they would never have put Alexis as Neil's patient , I hate that now they have to justify it as "just a kiss". I like them as a couple but Dr's having relationships with patients is a serious matter and should never be written off as "it was just a kiss, we weren't dating".   

Well anyways now it looks like it is going to be more then that so I guess Neil is going to give up his licence.

"Screw the law!" Saying that to a lawyer certainly proves you were raised by Carly, Jason and Sonny, Michael. The only thing I liked about him in that scene was him referring to Sonny as Sonny, not my father. 

Soo, the Show is going to have him marry Willow to ensure he gets custody of Wiley, right? Now that Sasha has said to Chase within earshot of Sam that she doesn't want to be a mom/maternal figure.

Was that weird/distant camera angle on Neil and Alexis as they started to get it on at her room's door meant to imply they're being followed or watched, possibly by the usher lady?

How long before Anna and Maxie get to taste some nasty crow? 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Was that weird/distant camera angle on Neil and Alexis as they started to get it on at her room's door meant to imply they're being followed or watched, possibly by the usher lady?

Yeah it looked like they are being watched and I assumed that the usher was involved somehow based on how weird she was acting on Friday. Although how they are going to explain away a medical board following them around is my guess. Part of me hopes that they just strip Neil’s license and let them move past it since we already have Jason/Sam sneaking around and are being hit over the head with lawyers and HR with Jax/Nina.

• Love 2

Jason dismantling Anna's "Liesl did it" theory in one impassioned speech is the most enjoyment I've gotten out of him in ages (and that goes for SB, too, for going full-throttle there). Anna's unwillingness to think critically about Peter is very close to killing any esteem I've had for her. This goes beyond having faith and blind loyalty to Peter; it's a total disregard and twisting of logic to match her preferred reality of keeping Peter, Finn, and Violet happy and by her side.

Sam can still choke, though, for getting pouty that Diane interrupted her rendezvous with Jason and then making that judgy face while overhearing Sasha. Girl, worry about your own business and let Sasha mind hers. 

Neil and Alexis, yeeeesss! Yeah, I'm overlooking the host of complications between them for the time being, because as a fan of theirs since the beginning, this moment was a long time coming. And it was romantic and mature and sexy, so consider me pleased.

• Love 10
(edited)

Anna, you're the dumbest fuck ever. Ditto, Maxie. She's so quick to let Obrecht take the fall, even though she's saying that Obrecht didn't behave like someone who was hiding something. They are both incredibly deluded and extra stupid. 

I'm 30 seconds away from buying a voodoo doll and putting Peter's face on it and turning it into a pin cushion. I hate that loser so much! Is there any chance/hope they are about to write him off the show. The character was a bad idea to begin with, still a bad idea.

Diane should have slapped Sam into next month. That would have shaved a month off her sentence and whining about not being with Jason.

So, Willow and Michael marriage coming up for Wylie's sake. Why won't this show let me have nice things. Chase/Willow were doing just fine until this Wylie thing exploded. Also, way to ignore Lucas in all of this. Yet again.

What is it with these adults making out outside a hotel room. Of course someone was spying on them.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Diane should have slapped Sam into next month. 

And then she should have said, "If you continue to ignore my counsel, you will need to find yourself another lawyer. As an officer of the court, I cannot and will not be a party to your continued  willful disregard of the rules of your probation." 

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, rur said:

And then she should have said, "If you continue to ignore my counsel, you will need to find yourself another lawyer. As an officer of the court, I cannot and will not be a party to your continued  willful disregard of the rules of your probation." 

You forget she represents sonny and Jason...the law doesn't mean much to her either 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, rur said:
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Diane should have slapped Sam into next month. 

Diane will never cut her best clients loose. They pay for her Cartullo shoes. Still, it was gratifying to hear Diane yell at Jason and Sam. Those numbnuts deserve it a lot more often and with increasing vigor, but I'll take what I can get.

So disappointed Finn changed his mind about Peter.

LOL that Sasha thinks she has to be a maternal figure to Wiley. Her relationship with Michael is hardly there yet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Re: Cam/Lucky

My problem is it seems the show wants it both ways. Lucky as Cam's father is ignored/minimised but at the same time Cam calls Laura "grandma" and Lulu "aunt".

I think it makes sense for Cam to not really consider Lucky a father figure at this point, even if he does consider Laura and Lulu as family. Ultimately, while that was established due to Lucky's presence in his life, they've been there more consistently for him over the span of his life (with SORAS-ing in mind). I wish they didn't write Lucky's existence off-camera this way, but it isn't like they're trying to even show Cam visiting him offscreen.

I'd fully expect Cameron to have anger toward Lucky for abandoning him, Jake, and Aiden if Lucky ever resurfaces on the show. Until then, I think they're likely to ignore their relationship.

• Love 2

My problem with the Neil/Alexis dilemma is that the character who's most at risk is the one we're logically less invested in. Neil's been on for a little over a year. A pie chart display of his onscreen doctoring would have Alexis taking up most of it, a smaller slice of Kristina, and a tiny, barely visible slice of Brad. He's not Monica or even Finn, in that resetting him with some other occupation (telling us he's now a best-selling self-help author, for example) would be a huge shift in character identity. So his woes with the licensure board are one of those things we're supposed to care about because they tell us to. I guess the success of it depends on how much you like the actor.  

When Alexis was facing disbarment four years ago for her breach of ethics in the Carlos/Julian mess, and ultimately was suspended for a year, it was a better story, even though that was a worse period for the show's writing overall. The stakes were higher. Alexis was also a lot more upset about the possibilities than Neil appears to be. 

Edited by Asp Burger
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

You forget she represents sonny and Jason...the law doesn't mean much to her either 

Oh, I know who she works for, but they listen to her advice -- usually. And let's face it, we can be pretty sure that neither Sonny nor Jason would fire Diane for cutting Sam loose. 

6 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam can still choke, though, for getting pouty that Diane interrupted her rendezvous with Jason and then making that judgy face while overhearing Sasha. Girl, worry about your own business and let Sasha mind hers. 

At least Sasha has enough self awareness to know she's not ready to be a mother rather than whine you want kids for years then once you have them you can't wait to off-load them at their grandmother's every chance you get.

So, yeah, the writing couldn't be more obvious: Michael and Willow are going to get married and then end up falling in love.  Bo-ring.

• Love 4

So many voluntarily, aggressively stupid people. It's like a bad science fiction movie from the fifties. And the ignorance crosses storyline boundaries, not just the Heinrik crew. There's the starcrossed stupidity of Sam and Jason believing they can hookup secretly and Delores won't know and that they've got right on their side, Alexis and Neil thinking no one will know they were together in NY, the writers convinced they can create a feasible couple out of Willow and Michael, and Jordan not even trying to do a damn thing about her only child being missing and 3 colleagues murdered.

At this point, I've found it best to mute the sound, turn on the closed captioning and use the fast forward button frequently. It's better when you can't actually hear their voices.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Clearly, there was a checklist involved in the writing of this episode.

Establish that Sasha doesn’t want to be a mother...Check! Michael needs to line up a mother for Wiley... Check! Willow will do anything to keep Wiley from Nelle...Check! Chase and Sasha interact to create a baseline relationship... Check!

As others have noted, it is beyond obvious what’s about to happen. I just wish the writers could attempt a tiny bit of subtlety. My head is pounding from all the anvils that just fell on it.

I enjoy Alexis and BedHair together, but that scene of long-awaited passion just felt awkward to me, with the flailing and the panting. It really didn’t seem worth losing a medical license over.

On 3/8/2020 at 9:36 PM, dubbel zout said:

He was miscast, IMO, and it didn't help they had to sort of de-age him a bit so he didn't look too old. 

GV was charming, but he was Larry, not Lucky.

Really? Jacob Young had to be de-aged? I never thought he looked too old; my only problem with him was all the yelling.  To me, Greg Vaughn was the one who looked too old for the part.

On 3/9/2020 at 12:27 AM, ulkis said:

(I am an LL2 fan, but never cared for the permanent lock stuff myself. I've never re-watched that vow/wedding episode, it was sheer cheese.)

Heh... “permanent lock”. Still makes me laugh. The only thing cheesier was Lucky strumming his guitar while singing moony love songs to Elizabeth.  Which I always heard as “LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy-L-I-Z-Z...Y? Because you’re LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy....”  (a la Kelly song from Cheers)

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Linny said:

Jason dismantling Anna's "Liesl did it" theory in one impassioned speech is the most enjoyment I've gotten out of him in ages (and that goes for SB, too, for going full-throttle there). Anna's unwillingness to think critically about Peter is very close to killing any esteem I've had for her. This goes beyond having faith and blind loyalty to Peter; it's a total disregard and twisting of logic to match her preferred reality of keeping Peter, Finn, and Violet happy and by her side.

Sorry, even though Anna has never been my favorite, I am not looking forward to Jason mansplaining. Self righteous speeches is what Jason does best, especially when Steve Burton gets to deliver them to actors with longer histories on the show. Robert fine, Robin, great. I will take Mac, Felecia, or just about anyone else besides Sason and Co to give that type of speech. Does Anna know that Jason and Sam want to offer up Peter (son or nephew, I actually get being protective over someone yo are related too) because JaSam are children with no patience? I am waiting for the impassioned speech where someone points out that Sonny is a way worse version than Edward Q and Jason is far less argumentative than any Q was.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I enjoy Alexis and BedHair together, but that scene of long-awaited passion just felt awkward to me, with the flailing and the panting. It really didn’t seem worth losing a medical license over.

Really? Jacob Young had to be de-aged? I never thought he looked too old; my only problem with him was all the yelling.  To me, Greg Vaughn was the one who looked too old for the part.

Heh... “permanent lock”. Still makes me laugh. The only thing cheesier was Lucky strumming his guitar while singing moony love songs to Elizabeth.  Which I always heard as “LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy-L-I-Z-Z...Y? Because you’re LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy....”  (a la Kelly song from Cheers)

I liked that silver skirt Alexis was wearing but...  don’t you have to dress up at the opera?  Or have I seen Pretty Woman too many times?

GV was my favorite Lucky (aside from the obvious, he was very nice to look at). JJ cried WAY too much and every time I saw JY,  I thought ‘backstreet boy’

JJ and his Elizabeth song!  My friends and I mocked that endlessly, even sometimes to this day: Elizabeeeeeeth.... go to sleeeeeep.....

• Love 3
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Really? Jacob Young had to be de-aged? I never thought he looked too old; my only problem with him was all the yelling.  

Young (b. September 1979) was 20 when he got the role, so he was around the right age. He is two and a half years older than Jonathan Jackson, but I don't think they de-aged him. Like you, I didn't think he was too old. It was everything else about him that bothered me, starting with the yelling and progressing to the limited facial expressions.  

2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I liked that silver skirt Alexis was wearing but...  don’t you have to dress up at the opera?  Or have I seen Pretty Woman too many times?

Nah. You can get dressed to the nines, but you don't have to. They welcome everyone. Most people just go for "respectable," and Alexis and Neil hit that mark.  

That was the late Montserrat Caballé, Freddie Mercury's favorite opera singer (and duet partner), that they played a little bit of when we saw them listening to the music. The exact part used starts around 3:32.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Are we sure that he did, or is he just playing along? I admit to not paying 100% attention but Finn’s expression gave me doubt. Of course, ME has a strong resting smirk face. 

Diane: “changing your name to Quartermaine would be too transparent. Get married suddenly instead”

I applaud the writers for actually giving Jason some material in the scene with Anna. One of the few times I’ll actually be rooting for Jason and Spinelli to discover the truth.

I felt like the scene with Michael on the sofa with Diane was CD trying to channel BC playing angry. Lots of arm jerking but boy he just can’t sell angry. 

Edited by mbluecpa
Couldn’t figure out Michael’s last name
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Alexis was also a lot more upset about the possibilities than Neil appears to be. 

Neil seems to welcome losing his license so he and Alexis can bang without repercussions. Not that that bothers me. That's an extremely blasé attitude to a huge professional breach, though.

Maybe he will be revealed as a best-selling self-help author. Hee.

9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Really? Jacob Young had to be de-aged?

A little bit. TPTB thought he looked too muscular (and that made him look a bit older), so they "softened" him by putting him in a lot of unstructured jackets and shirts that weren't formfitting.

36 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Are we sure that he did, or is he just playing along? I admit to not paying 100% attention but Finn’s expression gave me doubt. Of course, ME has a strong resting smirk face. 

Finn and Violet moved back in with Anna. Getting away from Peter was the reason they moved out, so I think he did change his mind. Unless he's suddenly okay with Peter and Violet having play dates while Finn plays the long game here.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

Diane: “changing your name to Corinthos would be too transparent. Get married suddenly instead”

LOL, for real.

I did appreciate that, for friggin' once, she flat-out said that Corinthos stink can't be covered by a spritz of Febreeze.  If only Carly and/or Sonny had been there to hear it.

Is TJ still missing?  Not to be gross, but he could be decomposing by now and Jordan still hasn't so much as raised an eyebrow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Finn and Violet moved back in with Anna. Getting away from Peter was the reason they moved out, so I think he did change his mind. Unless he's suddenly okay with Peter and Violet having play dates while Finn plays the long game here.

Yeah, guess that’s settled, leaving Jason and RF!S as her only doubters. Apparently I got a little aggressive in my fast forwarding....

51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Plus Peter framed someone that Finn hates and had already himself been framed by Liesel. He wants to believe because he wants to be with Anna and he can easily believe that Leisel is capable of doing it.

I don't know why this was the line in the sand that Maxie cannot accept Liesel's crimes. Liesel has actually done worse  and Maxie still forgave her. 

When Maxie said to Spinelli if the evidence was good enough for the WSB, I remembered that Frisco is actually now the Director of the agency.

I actually thought the Peeping Tom on Alexis and Neil will turn out to be connected to Valentin.

• Love 1
On 3/4/2020 at 3:16 PM, ciarra said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why Shiloh married Nelle.  I'm pretty sure neither fell madly in love, so what's the motive?

I'm assuming Nelle told Shiloh about Wiley. Wiley is, in fact, a Quatermaine. Thefore, if Shiloh became the stepfather of Wiley Quartermaine, it would only shore up his reasons for being given the ELQ shares that Oscar left to him in his will.

• Useful 1

I wish Nathan would come back as a ghost and smack Maxie up beside the head. WTF? I'm still not feeling the pair of Maxie and Peter. Why????? I can't believe Peter is still on this show. I also can't believe that Maxie and Anna for that matter are standing up for this guy. Unless, Anna is a fakeAnna TPTB are really intent on ruining the character. Ugh!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

You mean this?

• LOL 2
48 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't know why this was the line in the sand that Maxie cannot accept Liesel's crimes. Liesel has actually done worse  and Maxie still forgave her. 

Because Maxie is an idiot and Peter is a lying liar who lies.

• Love 2

Maxie and Anna both look pathetic.  I could barely get through the episode.  And Maxie drops Liesel this quickly, the woman she says is such a great grandmother to James??  So much for loyalty.  Maxie was right about one thing, she asked how stupid she could be well she is stupid, just not for the reason she thinks.

Diane looked normal again so whatever she did last time she was on I guess she fixed it.

Jason serving up truth actually did a decent job.  Same with Nina regarding Willow.

I am sure this has been discussed but is Hayden just never coming back, or.....?  I can suspend reason to believe she is somewhere no one can reach her, but wouldn’t she be keeping tabs on PC goings-on so she would know when to return??

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

You don't have to get super dressed up. The skirt was fancy enough.

The only time you're expected to dress up at the opera (other than because you want to) is for the gala performances. And even then, it's not like they'll throw you out because you're wearing more casual clothes. Operas these days are cash-strapped enough that they want to be as inclusive as possible.

I miss the days of getting super dressed up for the opera. On the other hand, it's easier on my wardrobe this way.

Every time I thought a scene got rid of Sonny, he would pop up in the next scene.  His narcissism knows no bounds.  Taggart's people don't want you there much less giving a eulogy so park your ego and shut up.  And who let him into Brad's room to harass him?

Still not buying Portia. Did Trina not tell her that she's working at Ava's gallery, or did she suddenly hear about Ava's history?  And making flirty eyes at her beloved husband's funeral and having a connection with Curtis is too incestuous for a character just coming on.

Trina, if anyone there is responsible for Taggart's death it's Sonny whose mob operations brought Renault into town.

Joss, don't wear a read dress with a low zipper neckline to a memorial. You really are your mother's daughter.  Joss is completely superfluous to the scenes.

Curtis, I appreciate the blood donation but surely there is a time that they are open other than during Taggart's funeral.

Michael, that duplo set is too advanced for Wylie at the moment but good for you for being optimistic.

Why didn't Alexis say that she doesn't have a relationship with Neil because of the 2 year waiting period?

I'm APPALLED at Trina's line to Joss that Taggert and Sonny respected each other. The whole scene of Trina and her mother, Cam and Elizabeth and Sonny was just so revolting, esp. Trina's mom being polite - almost friendly - to Sonny after the way she was toward Ava. Gee so nice of the Show to make Taggert's wake about Sonny grandstanding. At least Mac refused to give him a glass. And I'm glad Ava could see that Trina's mom is jealous of the affection Trina feels toward Ava. I liked Mac offering to get Ava a drink. But of course Curtis and Trina's mom have some sort of history. I understand Trina's grieving but her screaming at Curtis irritated me.  As did Joss with her teary eyes; she projected loud and clear she was thinking of Oscar while "consoling" Trina. Thankfully Laura had good dialogue with Curtis.  

And then Sonny has the balls to show up at the Q mansion and make himself at home for a few minutes to chat with Michael, because he checked ahead of time to make sure Monica wouldn't be there. UGHHH.

Is this the first time Scott has been on the Show since he was 'fighting to save Franco?' Kudos to PS for the look of absolute terror when Sonny walked in while he was alone.

WTF is up with Neil's nonchalant attitude about the prospect of losing his license?? He sounds like Sam with the "can't wait two years" b.s.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm APPALLED at Trina's line to Joss that Taggert and Sonny respected each other.

What????  I don't know about Sonny, but there's no way on Earth that Taggert had even a smidgen of respect for Sonny.  Sonny's and Taggert's antagonism doesn't have to affect Joss and Trina's relationship, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

ahhhhh so Curtis is going to be Trina"s dad, therefore the DNA match relative Stella had in Port Charles.  They will prob make Curtis' blood donation involved somehow because GH is your one stop shop for blood bank, paternity testing, and general eaves dropping.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Alexis: Port Charles is a small town. Of course the good shrink and I ran into each other.

Curtis: Even though I've in in town for quite a while, spend a fair amount of time hanging out at the hospital where my kind of a busybody aunt worked, and recently got married to the police commissioner in a wedding that probably made the local paper, I didn't know my ex lived in Port Charles until today. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael, that duplo set is too advanced for Wylie at the moment but good for you for being optimistic.

I thought it wasn't safe for them to feed him grapes in his scene at Chillow's. 

• Love 2

Anyway . . .

I don't know what else to day. Sonny respected Taggert? When? Taggert respected Sonny? When, if ever? Please show, stop trying to rewrite history and stop trying to make everything about Sonny. The wake was not about him.

Oh, and look at Trina's mom, so polite to Mr. Corinthos and so bitchy towards Ava. Please, Ava's past and who she used to hang out has nothing to do with why Trina's mom dislikes Ava. The good doctor could not have looked more insecure or territorial with Trina if she tried.

Joss projecting her grief unto Trina. You got to say goodbye. Oscar has been dead for 10 years in soap time. Not everything has to be about you, She-Beast Jr.

I did not expect that level of honesty between Michael and Sasha. They're both still bubble heads, though. They are sinfully boring.

Trina screeching at Curtis and her mom knows Curtis. I knew Trina was going to turn out to be Curtis's eventually, but the writers weren't delivering on the two DNA tests. But the moment Taggert told Curtis to take care of his daughter (and why would he? Curtis is a stranger to him), and then decided that Trina would lay the blame squarely on Curtis's shoulders for Taggert's death, it pretty much became a done deal for me.

I guess all of this makes the self-righteous Dr. Portia Robinson a liar who either didn't know who the father of her child was, or didn't bother telling the real father about it. It remains to be seen if Taggert ever knew the truth, but her whole deal about Taggert choosing his job over her and Trina smacks of massive asshatry if he didn't know Trina wasn't his kid. 

Which hospital does Trina's mom work at? GH or Mercy? How convenient that she and Curtis never bumped into each other. She doesn't read the papers? I'm sure the police commish's wedding would have been front and center especially since Kiki was murdered and placed on the Haunted Star where their reception was.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Establish that Sasha doesn’t want to be a mother...Check! Michael needs to line up a mother for Wiley... Check! Willow will do anything to keep Wiley from Nelle...Check! Chase and Sasha interact to create a baseline relationship... Check!

not to mention, Chase and Sasha will commiserate over Michael and Willow bonding and the two of them will cheat first (most likely after a night of drinking) thereby making Michael and Willow the victims.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But the moment Taggert told Curtis to take care of his daughter (and why would he? Curtis is a stranger to him), and then decided that Trina would lay the blame squarely on Curtis's shoulders for Taggert's death, it pretty much became a done deal for me.

Don't forget the 'irony' of Curtis going to Jordan's office, demanding to know if she and Taggert had an affair while undercover and if Trina is her daughter.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Don't forget the 'irony' of Curtis going to Jordan's office, demanding to know if she and Taggert had an affair while undercover and if Trina is her daughter.

Oh, I haven't forgotten. My reaction to that one was "she's probably your daughter, dummy."

• Love 1

To be fair to Maxie, I don't think the evidence against Peter has been fully explained to her.

What doesn't help with Anna and Peter is (imo) they have no chemistry whatever.

46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Curtis, I appreciate the blood donation but surely there is a time that they are open other than during Taggart's funeral.

I wonder if he stayed away because he and Jordan are at odds at the moment. And there wasn't really any love lost between Taggart and Curtis. They worked together against Renault, but they weren't exactly BFFs. And—cookies! That's why I used to give blood, too. Hee.

Ugh, Sonny, GO AWAY. Him barging into the wake was so tacky. (Albeit totally in character.) Taggart would not have appreciated his presence at his wake. At least Jason had the sense to stay away. 

42 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As did Joss with her teary eyes; she projected loud and clear she was thinking of Oscar while "consoling" Trina.

Also in character, and slightly more understandable. This is the first death since Oscar's, right? I can see it bringing up stuff in a self-absorbed teenager.

I like Neil and Alexis a lot, but I wish NLG would stop playing Alexis as some breathless ingénue who's just had her first sexual experience. She did that with Julian, too, and it was equally annoying.

Way to make Portia unlikeable from the get-go, Show. She's immediately hostile toward Ava, her daughter's friend and employer; she sucks up to Sonny (inevitable, but still gross); she's resentful of a cop's schedule (like hers was so 9-to-5); she probably lied to her daughter/ex-husband about their relationship. *slow clap*

LOL at Ava's (paraphrased) "Hell, yes, I'll have a drink." Hee.

"Everyone thinks they know what's best for you." "Story of my life." Yeah, maybe set some boundaries, you dope, and stop letting Mommy, Daddy, and Jason bail you out. How any grown woman finds that attractive in Michael is beyond me.

Brad should have hit the panic button the minute Sonny walked into the room.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, rur said:

Curtis: Even though I've in in town for quite a while, spend a fair amount of time hanging out at the hospital where my kind of a busybody aunt worked, and recently got married to the police commissioner in a wedding that probably made the local paper, I didn't know my ex lived in Port Charles until today. 

It's almost as nonsensical as the ex-legally-married Brad and Rosalie, who were both in town at the same time for two years prior before "running into each other".

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Also in character, and slightly more understandable. This is the first death since Oscar's, right? I can see it bringing up stuff in a self-absorbed teenager.

You forgot Drew. Oscar's dad. Then again did they even bother to have  memorial service for him?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm APPALLED at Trina's line to Joss that Taggert and Sonny respected each other. The whole scene of Trina and her mother, Cam and Elizabeth and Sonny was just so revolting, esp. Trina's mom being polite - almost friendly - to Sonny after the way she was toward Ava. Gee so nice of the Show to make Taggert's wake about Sonny grandstanding. At least Mac refused to give him a glass. And I'm glad Ava could see that Trina's mom is jealous of the affection Trina feels toward Ava. I liked Mac offering to get Ava a drink. But of course Curtis and Trina's mom have some sort of history. I understand Trina's grieving but her screaming at Curtis irritated me.  As did Joss with her teary eyes; she projected loud and clear she was thinking of Oscar while "consoling" Trina. Thankfully Laura had good dialogue with Curtis.  

And then Sonny has the balls to show up at the Q mansion and make himself at home for a few minutes to chat with Michael, because he checked ahead of time to make sure Monica wouldn't be there. UGHHH.

Is this the first time Scott has been on the Show since he was 'fighting to save Franco?' Kudos to PS for the look of absolute terror when Sonny walked in while he was alone.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So with them having Portia and Curtis know each other and ramping up Trina’s anger,  I guess they are making her Curtis’ daughter. I guess I wouldn’t mind if Taggert is really dead but it seems like a rehash of TJ and Sean. At least it’ll put a wrinkle in Curtis and Jordan. 

I can’t believe that Alexis was really going to go with the story that she ran into Neil at bingo and impulsively kissed him. If someone really reported them based on that night, they were clearly on a date. She probably would have better off saying that they went on a date after she stopped seeing him as a therapist not knowing about the 2 year waiting period (although Neil should have known about that one anyway). I guess it’s a moot point since they slept together the night before and the board doesn’t seem to remotely believe her but I would think they had a better cover story than that.

I like Neil and Alexis together but my problem with this SL is it seems like they threw this in there after realizing it would be an issue just like with Jax being Nina’s boss. I don’t buy that Neil wouldn’t have known about the waiting period, or Kevin for that matter when he was encouraging them to get together. 

• Love 2