Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Episode Discussion II: The, TFGH, The

11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She did have a reaction. She went from surprise to a beaming smile at Michael and Wiley with one look. She was happy to see Wiley, and thrilled to realize he is the first of another generation of the Quartermaine family

YEs... But Michael said, "Wiley's not my godson he's my son" and she went, "Hey, bonus Quartermaine, delightful" without a moment of puzzlement over how that went down.  That was the part that was amusing.   

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm fuzzy on the timeline but didn't Big Kristina get blown up in Sonny's warehouse between the time Alexis slept with Sonny and Krissy was born? 

Yes. Sexis sex was in April 2002, Alexis learned she was pregnant about a month later, Big Kristina died in August of that year, and Little Kristina was born in November. 

3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

YEs... But Michael said, "Wiley's not my godson he's my son" and she went, "Hey, bonus Quartermaine, delightful" without a moment of puzzlement over how that went down.  That was the part that was amusing.   

That's what I thought lol. Sure she was happy and smiling, but it was just like "okay, cool!" And nothing more. 

23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Sam a priority for Jason?

22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Has Sam ever really been a priority for Jason?

Hey, let's be fair. That time he had to go over to her place and threaten to kill her, she was top of the list! 

• Laugh 2

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sam can also just STFU. I hope if she succeeds in getting another parole officer, he or she is JUST LIKE Delores.

Or even stricter/more diligent with surprise visits.  Sam's petty little "She takes Jason away from me, I take her job away from her" made me want to roundhouse kick her in the teeth.  Does she not understand what parole entails?  This whole "rules schmools" attitude makes her sound like a contemporary of Joss's. 

This story insults me to my very core. I know law enforcement in Port Charles can never win against Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam, but don't write a parole officer as OMG TEH EVUL!!11! for just doing her job. An extremely thankless job when it involves any of those nitwits. And the idea that they can blackmail Dolores into turning a blind eye to Sam and Jason is enraging. 

Sam and Jason are hardly lovers being kept apart by warring parents. It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

I can't believe the show expects me to be outraged on Sam and Jason's behalf here. No, I'm firmly and forever Team Dolores.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't believe the show expects me to be outraged on Sam and Jason's behalf here. No, I'm firmly and forever Team Dolores.

I know, right? If I could find a gif of rage explosion, I'd insert it. The sheer ARROGANCE of Sam as she "explaaaained" her plan to Alexis was bad enough. That Alexis just gave her the exasperated, Mom sad eyes was worse. She should have given her a Come to Jesus Talk, even if it would have fallen on deaf ears.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

So, to be fair also Jason's actions.  Because if he weren't a criminal, this wouldn't be a problem regardless of what Sam had done.

11 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Well, baby swaps and switched DNA tests are as common as people coming back from the dead.  You really can't expect people in P.C. (or any soap opera town) to question these things.  It would be like a normal person questioning, well, something normal.

• Laugh 1

17 hours ago, ulkis said:

What makes you think that? I think the one thing they've stressed is no matter how scheming she may be she is she's loyal to the Qs. I don't think she would ever sell to the producer especially. Maaybe Valentin.

Hide contents

she's going to blackmail Julian into getting the producer to break the contract.

I just remember Colonel Sanders working with Jenelle, Valentin, and creepy producer regarding ELQ stocks. I don't remember entirely what was said, but Valentin said something about making sure creepy producer didn't let her out of her contract and then wanting to get more shares of ELQ. So, I'm wondering if they intend for her to trade her shares for her freedom, if Valentin will buy them as payment for getting her out of the contract, or what, but creepy producer is in cahoots with Valentin and Colonel Sanders regarding ELQ.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This story insults me to my very core. I know law enforcement in Port Charles can never win against Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam, but don't write a parole officer as OMG TEH EVUL!!11! for just doing her job. An extremely thankless job when it involves any of those nitwits. And the idea that they can blackmail Dolores into turning a blind eye to Sam and Jason is enraging. 

Sam and Jason are hardly lovers being kept apart by warring parents. It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

Having Sam throw her tantrum opposite Alexis who also has to stay away from the man she cares about for the next two years made Sam look even more immature. Alexis doesn't like it but certainly doesn't see it as some personal attack and knows it is in the best interest of Neil. Now, will they actually stay apart 2 years? Of clos course not. But she at least intends to and isn't having a tantrum over it. It really showed Sam as completely self-absorbed.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Katy M said:
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

So, to be fair also Jason's actions.  Because if he weren't a criminal, this wouldn't be a problem regardless of what Sam had done.

Fair point. But Sam is the one pushing so hard to find dirt on Dolores so Sam and Jason don't have to follow a basic rule. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It really showed Sam as completely self-absorbed.

And how entitled she is along with her ex/current love, and CarSon. Carly encouraged her and Jason to work together to find a way around the big bad parole officer who has the nerve to do her job. Yesterday I saw just how much of Sonny's personality she had absorbed. The way she spoke to and threatened Nelle could have come from a script between Sonny and another character. In fact, her threat yesterday sounded like it was lifted from the time Sonny wanted to get rid of AJ when AJ and Sonny's blonde sister were getting married.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yesterday I saw just how much of Sonny's personality she had absorbed. The way she spoke to and threatened Nelle could have come from a script between Sonny and another character. In fact, her threat yesterday sounded like it was lifted from the time Sonny wanted to get rid of AJ when AJ and Sonny's blonde sister were getting married.

Yup. She TRULY enjoys being the Mob Moll. I just 🙄🙄 when she told Nelle that the "law" would punish her, because later, she assured Jason, that NO ONE heard her threatening Nelle because "our" cops were there. Meaning the ones that are dirty and on Mooby's payroll. So why bother even trying to use the law against Nelle?

And so typical of this show and of Chase, that he continues to SHOW the evidence he has against a suspect. Instead of, you know, putting it in a sealed evidence bag and just showing Nelle the fucking passports that proves her a liar and breaking parole. God, I miss the days of COMPETENT PCPD, such as Garcia, Taggert and the other dude; not including Lucky or Dante, because you know, they showed their speshial treatment and exceptions for Mooby.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

God, I miss the days of COMPETENT PCPD, such as Garcia, Taggert and the other dude; not including Lucky or Dante, because you know, they showed their speshial treatment and exceptions for Mooby.

And back further when Robert was commissioner and then Anna, and even Mac.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's ridiculous.  And that the entire town seems to want to demonize Delores (screw you, Epiphany) furthers emphasizes the way this show is written, i.e. Jasam is "meant to be" and their love is "a love for the ages" and anyone who doesn't see that is awful and has ulterior motives.

I'm sure Spinelli will find video footage from 2011 showing Delores getting comped a free lunch and Sam will use that to blackmail a woman just trying to do her job.

• Like 3

You know who isn't a known felon that Sam could be around?   Drew.   That could have been an interesting dynamic if, you know, they hadn't ruined all things Jason return and Sam being torn by Jason and Drew because the two men offered her very different lives.   But why tell an interesting story when you have other options?

13 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

You know who isn't a known felon that Sam could be around?   Drew. 

Who is this Drew you speak of?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Laugh 2