Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She did have a reaction. She went from surprise to a beaming smile at Michael and Wiley with one look. She was happy to see Wiley, and thrilled to realize he is the first of another generation of the Quartermaine family

YEs... But Michael said, "Wiley's not my godson he's my son" and she went, "Hey, bonus Quartermaine, delightful" without a moment of puzzlement over how that went down.  That was the part that was amusing.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm fuzzy on the timeline but didn't Big Kristina get blown up in Sonny's warehouse between the time Alexis slept with Sonny and Krissy was born? 

Yes. Sexis sex was in April 2002, Alexis learned she was pregnant about a month later, Big Kristina died in August of that year, and Little Kristina was born in November. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

YEs... But Michael said, "Wiley's not my godson he's my son" and she went, "Hey, bonus Quartermaine, delightful" without a moment of puzzlement over how that went down.  That was the part that was amusing.   

That's what I thought lol. Sure she was happy and smiling, but it was just like "okay, cool!" And nothing more. 

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Sam a priority for Jason?

22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Has Sam ever really been a priority for Jason?

Hey, let's be fair. That time he had to go over to her place and threaten to kill her, she was top of the list! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sam can also just STFU. I hope if she succeeds in getting another parole officer, he or she is JUST LIKE Delores.

Or even stricter/more diligent with surprise visits.  Sam's petty little "She takes Jason away from me, I take her job away from her" made me want to roundhouse kick her in the teeth.  Does she not understand what parole entails?  This whole "rules schmools" attitude makes her sound like a contemporary of Joss's. 

This story insults me to my very core. I know law enforcement in Port Charles can never win against Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam, but don't write a parole officer as OMG TEH EVUL!!11! for just doing her job. An extremely thankless job when it involves any of those nitwits. And the idea that they can blackmail Dolores into turning a blind eye to Sam and Jason is enraging. 

Sam and Jason are hardly lovers being kept apart by warring parents. It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

I can't believe the show expects me to be outraged on Sam and Jason's behalf here. No, I'm firmly and forever Team Dolores.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't believe the show expects me to be outraged on Sam and Jason's behalf here. No, I'm firmly and forever Team Dolores.

I know, right? If I could find a gif of rage explosion, I'd insert it. The sheer ARROGANCE of Sam as she "explaaaained" her plan to Alexis was bad enough. That Alexis just gave her the exasperated, Mom sad eyes was worse. She should have given her a Come to Jesus Talk, even if it would have fallen on deaf ears.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

So, to be fair also Jason's actions.  Because if he weren't a criminal, this wouldn't be a problem regardless of what Sam had done.

11 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Well, baby swaps and switched DNA tests are as common as people coming back from the dead.  You really can't expect people in P.C. (or any soap opera town) to question these things.  It would be like a normal person questioning, well, something normal.

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

What makes you think that? I think the one thing they've stressed is no matter how scheming she may be she is she's loyal to the Qs. I don't think she would ever sell to the producer especially. Maaybe Valentin.

Hide contents

she's going to blackmail Julian into getting the producer to break the contract.

I just remember Colonel Sanders working with Jenelle, Valentin, and creepy producer regarding ELQ stocks. I don't remember entirely what was said, but Valentin said something about making sure creepy producer didn't let her out of her contract and then wanting to get more shares of ELQ. So, I'm wondering if they intend for her to trade her shares for her freedom, if Valentin will buy them as payment for getting her out of the contract, or what, but creepy producer is in cahoots with Valentin and Colonel Sanders regarding ELQ.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This story insults me to my very core. I know law enforcement in Port Charles can never win against Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam, but don't write a parole officer as OMG TEH EVUL!!11! for just doing her job. An extremely thankless job when it involves any of those nitwits. And the idea that they can blackmail Dolores into turning a blind eye to Sam and Jason is enraging. 

Sam and Jason are hardly lovers being kept apart by warring parents. It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

Having Sam throw her tantrum opposite Alexis who also has to stay away from the man she cares about for the next two years made Sam look even more immature. Alexis doesn't like it but certainly doesn't see it as some personal attack and knows it is in the best interest of Neil. Now, will they actually stay apart 2 years? Of clos course not. But she at least intends to and isn't having a tantrum over it. It really showed Sam as completely self-absorbed.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Katy M said:
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's because of Sam's actions they're in the situation they're in. And not being able to consort with convicted criminals is Parole 101; this is hardly some draconian rule a judge set for Sam alone.

So, to be fair also Jason's actions.  Because if he weren't a criminal, this wouldn't be a problem regardless of what Sam had done.

Fair point. But Sam is the one pushing so hard to find dirt on Dolores so Sam and Jason don't have to follow a basic rule. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It really showed Sam as completely self-absorbed.

And how entitled she is along with her ex/current love, and CarSon. Carly encouraged her and Jason to work together to find a way around the big bad parole officer who has the nerve to do her job. Yesterday I saw just how much of Sonny's personality she had absorbed. The way she spoke to and threatened Nelle could have come from a script between Sonny and another character. In fact, her threat yesterday sounded like it was lifted from the time Sonny wanted to get rid of AJ when AJ and Sonny's blonde sister were getting married.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yesterday I saw just how much of Sonny's personality she had absorbed. The way she spoke to and threatened Nelle could have come from a script between Sonny and another character. In fact, her threat yesterday sounded like it was lifted from the time Sonny wanted to get rid of AJ when AJ and Sonny's blonde sister were getting married.

Yup. She TRULY enjoys being the Mob Moll. I just 🙄🙄 when she told Nelle that the "law" would punish her, because later, she assured Jason, that NO ONE heard her threatening Nelle because "our" cops were there. Meaning the ones that are dirty and on Mooby's payroll. So why bother even trying to use the law against Nelle?

And so typical of this show and of Chase, that he continues to SHOW the evidence he has against a suspect. Instead of, you know, putting it in a sealed evidence bag and just showing Nelle the fucking passports that proves her a liar and breaking parole. God, I miss the days of COMPETENT PCPD, such as Garcia, Taggert and the other dude; not including Lucky or Dante, because you know, they showed their speshial treatment and exceptions for Mooby.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

God, I miss the days of COMPETENT PCPD, such as Garcia, Taggert and the other dude; not including Lucky or Dante, because you know, they showed their speshial treatment and exceptions for Mooby.

And back further when Robert was commissioner and then Anna, and even Mac.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's ridiculous.  And that the entire town seems to want to demonize Delores (screw you, Epiphany) furthers emphasizes the way this show is written, i.e. Jasam is "meant to be" and their love is "a love for the ages" and anyone who doesn't see that is awful and has ulterior motives.

I'm sure Spinelli will find video footage from 2011 showing Delores getting comped a free lunch and Sam will use that to blackmail a woman just trying to do her job.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

You know who isn't a known felon that Sam could be around?   Drew.   That could have been an interesting dynamic if, you know, they hadn't ruined all things Jason return and Sam being torn by Jason and Drew because the two men offered her very different lives.   But why tell an interesting story when you have other options?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

A competent PCPD...a competent DA...even a competent mob. That's all I'm really asking. I will cede my demands that Carly be less the center and emote like a person if I could just feel the writers were doing anything intentionally. 

For the past few years, I've felt that they know the writing is on the wall and it's borrowed time for the genre, so they just don't put in the effort to pretend at continuity or consistency. 

But this "Michael gets the baby because he's Michael" story just falls flat on everyone's face. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's ridiculous.  And that the entire town seems to want to demonize Delores (screw you, Epiphany) furthers emphasizes the way this show is written, i.e. Jasam is "meant to be" and their love is "a love for the ages" and anyone who doesn't see that is awful and has ulterior motives.

But they really suck at telling that story because with how the characters are written, I still believe Jason loves/loved Robin more than he will ever love Sam. It doesn't help that they have written Sam so pathetically that she has always needed someone, usually a man, to provide for and take of her. It makes her relationship with Jason look less like a romantic partnership and more like dependency.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I still believe Jason loves/loved Robin more than he will ever love Sam

Yup, yup, YUP! SHE'S the ONLY one he gave up control of Mooby's bidnez, and left said mafia for. And yeah, I know that sentence is grammatically incorrect (ending on a preposition), but I really don't care.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm fuzzy on the timeline but didn't Big Kristina get blown up in Sonny's warehouse between the time Alexis slept with Sonny and Krissy was born? 

Up until then, Alexis thought Sonny and Jason were accountants. 🤣

It always makes me feel great when law enforcement, the mayor go to the thug to ask him for help.

BL is a 100% brat. I never clamored to get her back, now I want her even less.

Oh, look! Cam is getting abducted for the second time and Dev's pants are too short and he's not wearing socks with his shoes, which I cannot stand, and Joss is defying her mother and going out even though she knows there's danger. That dress was hideous btw.

Trina looked lovely and Cam seemed impressed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss is defying her mother and going out even though she knows there's danger. That dress was hideous btw.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving mother with a history of disregarding danger herself. 

My sweet Cam better be okay! (I missed the show today for an interview.) I actually don't want to see him get together with Trina since she liked Dev first and he rejected her. When a girl has single Dev and single Cam as options and goes after Dev (ugh) first, I feel she doesn't deserve Cam. Not that I think Joss deserves him either, I mean she had a crush on, then was in love with, Oscar.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss is defying her mother and going out even though she knows there's danger. That dress was hideous btw.

8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Couldn't happen to a more deserving mother with a history of disregarding danger herself.

Eh? Going to a dance is...dangerous now?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

So the thug beat up Taggert then knew to go to Liz's, pose as an Uber driver, and kidnap Cam and Trina?

Damn, Sonny's mob doesn't stand a chance. 

You dare doubt the unstoppable combination of Sonny, Jason, and Spinelli? Blasphemy. They will, of course, save the entire town. Robert might even give them a party at Mac and Felicia's complete with high tea served by Anna, with how these writers love them some Sonny.

• LOL 3

Now that's what I call a cliff-hanger!  (Cam and Trina better be safe; Dev and Joss I don't care)

So Laura went to Sonny because of "respect" and longtime friendship?  Nice try writers, trying to make Sonny The Godfather.

5 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It really showed Sam as completely self-absorbed.

And completely immature. I don't blame Kelly Monaco for fighting to keep Sam with Drew if she had any inkling that this was coming when they put her back with Jason again.

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The new distinction in academia is "rule of law" vs "authoritarian" and I always think of this show and the Corinthos mob in terms of what the latter looks like.  It doesn't matter how many laws they break or what they do wrong because they're our people. Anyone trying to oppose them or keep them to established criteria is always wrong.

• Love 4

Ugh, Cam has already been through so much freaking drama the past year. I hope this at least focuses on Cam and Trina and not Joss/Dev/Carly/Jason/Sonny. 

Brook is actively annoying. I'm going to have to put her on FF.

Every time they show Sonny at his desk, I have to laugh that the framed photo behind him is of Sonny/Jason/Carly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Taggert! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Mooby IS just as bad! Why? WHY?WHY?WHY??????

Why doesn’t BROOKIEEEE go to her precious Uncle Mooby if she wants Linc’s fingers to be broken? And she’s looking more and more like SheBeast with that pouting/snarling she’s doing with her mouth. I wish Julian had told her to go to Hell.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Well at least Laura didn’t TOTALLY suck up to Mooby. And she didn’t smile when he said he had voted for her. Though I did 🙄🙄🙄🙄 at her lines about who would be stupid enough to take Mooby on and especially at how he doesn’t cross certain lines. I hope she sticks to her intention to not do favors for him.

And Jason can just STFU about how he and Mooby care about Port Charles. If that were the case, then they wouldn’t be conducting their illegal Bidnez there, would they? Mooby escalated this by blowing up Renault’s drugs.

And DAMMIT!!!! Liz and Taggert could have had scenes today! But nooooo, he had to get mugged! Maybe with Cam and Trina being kidnapped, it will finally happen!

And I just 😆😆😆at SheBeast thinking she KNOWS everything! I wanted to SMACK her when she brought up Spencer. Like she gives any good god damns about him.🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 2
On 2/25/2020 at 8:40 AM, Asp Burger said:

She was in a weird ageless zone for a long time, and these writers have embraced the idea of her as the mother to a near-adult, someone who's had a lot of ups and downs and has some hard-won wisdom. Let her shoulder some of the "town matriarch" duties.

I have been saying for ages that this show should have been centered on Liz, but that would require showrunners and writers who actually care about making a good show.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:13 AM, TVbitch said:

Is the Lucas actor not capable of showing grief, cuz, if he is, he is getting properly shafted in this storyline. 

Why should we care about the guy who was the biggest victim in all of this?  The writers clearly don't.

• Love 5

Of COURSE Sonny-the-mobster is the one person who will "save" Port Charles. There were two targeted attacks, and the targets themselves weren't even injured. I'm not too sure PC needs a Saviour at just this moment.

What was it that Carly found when picking up Dev's bag?  A bullet? And if so...it's Sonny's house. Aren't those a dime a dozen around there?

It feels as though we're leading up to the murder of Nelle and a "who dun it". And I'm scared it will be Willow, and as I'm now on Team Willow I really don't want that to be the case. Or for it to be Chase. I'm Team Willow & Chase.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Ugh, Cam has already been through so much freaking drama the past year. I hope this at least focuses on Cam and Trina and not Joss/Dev/Carly/Jason/Sonny. 

I think you're forgetting what show you're watching, @TVbitch. Of course Can and Trina won't be the focus.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why doesn’t BROOKIEEEE go to her precious Uncle Mooby if she wants Linc’s fingers to be broken?

She can't blackmail him. I also think Sonny is smart enough not to get involved, even if Linc is a gross harasser.

The pre-dance stuff Chez Webber was adorable. Trina's dress was great, but Joss's is horrendous. Dev looks like a baby gangster, which I guess is appropriate seeing as that's his dream.

Has Sonny apologized to Laura for getting her shot? I know it's not directly his fault, but he does control the docks and Renault wants them.

• Love 2

The worst part about the Jasam story is that they aren't spending any less time together than before. Maybe it would be different if they had actually been shown to be apart for months but that is not the case.

The show continues to be confusing in regards to Averys custody. Does Ava only have visitation? Why is she visiting instead of taking Avery with her? Does she get to visit Avery and take Avery home during her time? If Ava only has visitation why would Mooby be concerned with Nik being in her life? ughhhhh. I want Ava to use her new Cassadine power to get custody of Avery so Carly can stop acting like she gets to boss Ava around.

I hate that everyone and their mother gets to invoke Mooby to blackmail Julian. I like the Jeromes but i am ready for them to just let Julian go because I am tired of the same story over and over again. I want Brooke to give her shares to Valentine so we can get this story on the roll so I hope Julian tells her to kiss his ass.

I wasn't watching during Taggarts first run but I am tired of the good guys having to turn to Sonny for help. I thought the show was changing how they wrote the Corinthii when Sonnys truck was stolen and then his interactions with Ava but I see they are back to basics.

• Love 5

Cam and Trina continue to be absolutely adorable and I hope the writers pull a Liz/Lucky/Sarah thing on them. Where Cam finally opens his eyes and sees it’s been Trina (Liz) all along and finally moves the fuck on from Joss (Sarah). Though, I do think it’s going to take Trina getting hurt for that to happen.

Liz and Nick 3.0 continue to have some great chemistry (though Rebecca can have chemistry with a damn rock) and I loved that she didn’t go soft on Nik yet.

Now, all this shit better lead to Taggert/Liz scenes and Trinas mom finally showing up.

• Love 7

Unpopular opinion- I liked Joss’ dress.  It was cute and sparkly and age-appropriate.  Still can’t stand Joss though.

Sounds like Dev is really being written out??  If so, yay.  Though it’s a shame that we probably won’t see Brando anymore.

Please don’t kill off Nelle.   CL is one of the few people on this show who can actually act.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She can't blackmail him. I also think Sonny is smart enough not to get involved, even if Linc is a gross harasser.

The pre-dance stuff Chez Webber was adorable. Trina's dress was great, but Joss's is horrendous. Dev looks like a baby gangster, which I guess is appropriate seeing as that's his dream.

Has Sonny apologized to Laura for getting her shot? I know it's not directly his fault, but he does control the docks and Renault wants them.

But she wouldn't have to blackmail him. She could go to him to ask him for help, as a "close friend of the family" blah, blah. He has no qualms about threatening people who try to hurt his "faaaaaamileeeeee" so I don't see why he would refuse to help this spoiled brat.

It was adorable.

No, of course Mooby didn't apologize. Come on, now! It wasn't HIS fault she got shot! It's all on Cyrus! Doesn't matter if it was on "his" docks. You know how narcissistic he is.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why doesn’t BROOKIEEEE go to her precious Uncle Mooby if she wants Linc’s fingers to be broken? And she’s looking more and more like SheBeast with that pouting/snarling she’s doing with her mouth. I wish Julian had told her to go to Hell.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

It's one thing when TFGH disputes reality and substitutes its own rational rules and laws.

It's Bartlett-banging-his-head-on-the-desk frustrating when Show refuses to follow its own logic.

I suspect 90% of the time, the writers figure it would end storylines too soon.

• Love 2

I am finding the Cyrus story to be a tangled mess and it isn't even halfway through. It seemed like they started out with a story about Sonny, then somewhere along the lines they decided to put it on revenge against Jordan. Seems he could have easily gotten rid of Jordan without involving Sonny since after the revenge plot it would make more sense for him to go back to his territory in the west (is that where Jason said he was from?) instead of trying to work the east coast while someone could be trying to take his coast. But i am likely over-thinking it.

• Love 4

Yeah it doesn’t make any sense to me either. Why would he willingly initiate a mob war if the real motivation was to get revenge on a cop? Just seems dumb to suffer all of those losses for that reason. It’s a really forced way to do the mob storyline without putting the blame on Sonny and Jason for being the reason a rival comes to town 

• Love 5

For some reason I thought TJ and Molly got engaged last year or the year before. Sorry Alexis, if anything ruined Mollys idea of marriage, it would be the relatives in her life. I didn't see the No coming.

On a shallow note, I absolutely hate the styling of Alexis hair. I like Joss' dress

Cam and Trinas kidnapper looks like a cross between Julian and Jason. At least he can see the chemistry between them. Fingers crossed. Get your hands off Trina and Cam you goons. I hope curtis shoots them before Jason gets there.

Hasn't Jordan worked with Sonny or Jason before? If Taggart isn't going to look the other way, what is he expecting Sonny to do? Curtis thinks Sonny blowing up Cyrus' warehouse was a good idea instead of something that would further piss him off? Anything to defend Sonny's action, i guess. So has Jason put it together that Jordan was in the DEA group with Taggart?

Carly: I found a bullet in our home and i need to find out how it got here 😏

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So someone was expecting Carly and Sonny to still be going through a teenagers backpack so they could find a bullet? If they didn't get a message from the shootout then the Corinthii clan are idiots. I was confused by the purpose of Jordans meetup with Sonny. He knows Cyrus is dangerous and targeting people. Thanks captain obvious. Why is she always so dry in all her scenes? I think Brando is the mastermind behind all of this. I hope he succeeds in taking down Sonny and maybe even taking his house and business. It would be temporary but it would be glorious to watch.

• Love 5

I feel so bad that Neil and Alexis can't be together. Logically I know it's the right thing to protect patients but I like them together.  Neil seems to have magically moved from being a psychologist to a psychiatrist. I wish they would tell me how I can do that.

Way to get your fingerprints all over that bullet, Carly. I guess Dev's not going anywhere now (curses), it's too dangerous to leave Sonny.

Looks like Liz isn't going to be cheating with Nik. The art supplies to encourage her to paint again were a very nice thing.

21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Yeah it doesn’t make any sense to me either. Why would he willingly initiate a mob war if the real motivation was to get revenge on a cop? Just seems dumb to suffer all of those losses for that reason. It’s a really forced way to do the mob storyline without putting the blame on Sonny and Jason for being the reason a rival comes to town 

Because Sonny, Jason and Carly have to be front and centre in every storyline.. Cameron gets kidnapped and instead of calling the police, Liz calls Jason.

• Love 3

Of course, when your son text you to tell you he's been kidnapped, the logical phone call to make is to Jason. 

Got teased with Dev leaving, now my balloon is popped. Le sigh.

Jordan's coat was nice and I do like that she has no use for Sonny. But of course, Genius Jason has now cracked the code that she and Taggert might have worked together.

I can't with Molly's rants about marriage. Molly isn't on for a really long time, then she shows up, rants away about something and it feels like she's just been on for years. I'm glad she has her convictions, but the way she goes off is exhausting. Where did she think this relationship was going? She has been with TJ for years now. Isn't that a conversation she and TJ should have sat down and had rather than her going on rants about it and him being all stressed over it? I find the relationship between them pretty uneven.

• Love 3