Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

Are we headed for a [fill in blank with any 90's teen movie] with Cam and Trina, where they go to the dance as friends to help Cam get with Joss, but realize they are in luv. ...I hope so! Anything to keep Cam out of Joss' black hole of drama. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or how she (Bobbie) did her own bit of kidnapping Lucas for her own back in the day. I bit the bullet and listened to that Harpy; demanding and pointing her finger as if she had the moral high ground (HAH!) and screeching.

That scene needed Robin, i.e. Robin shows up because she was invited to the Bon Voyage party for Lucas and Brad. She walks in on Carly's screeching and says "Hypocrite much? How long did you lie to/keep Michael away from AJ and Spencer away from Nikolas until I told them the truth because you were never going to?" Robin and Lucas had a relationship growing up, whereas Carly has never actually had a relationship with Lucas until the writers manufactured one at the last minute for this storyline. Robin is an ideal friend/extended family member to comfort Lucas as this awful time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

a big fat 'word' to every poster who recognizes that those scenes should have been between Michael, Lucas and Brad.

Is this just so LW has something to submit for the Emmys? Seriously? I don't understand why they would choose to put someone NOT directly involved in the baby switch front-and-center in the reveal. It runs counter to all rules of logic and drama. But these show runners continue to make the most terrible choices in service of MB, LW and SB.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That scene needed Robin, i.e. Robin shows up because she was invited to the Bon Voyage party for Lucas and Brad. She walks in on Carly's screeching and says "Hypocrite much? How long did you lie to/keep Michael away from AJ and Spencer away from Nikolas until I told them the truth because you were never going to?" Robin and Lucas had a relationship growing up, whereas Carly has never actually had a relationship with Lucas until the writers manufactured one at the last minute for this storyline. Robin is an ideal friend/extended family member to comfort Lucas as this awful time.

Get outta my head! I was thinking this EXACT thing as I typed my comment up thread. Not that it would have made a difference, but at least SOMEONE else who knows the SheBeast and the same, and worse shit she's pulled, would have put it out there.

Even on fast forward, Mooby looked stoopid and ridonkulous and Cyrus, the more menacing one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

a big fat 'word' to every poster who recognizes that those scenes should have been between Michael, Lucas and Brad.

Is this just so LW has something to submit for the Emmys? Seriously? I don't understand why they would choose to put someone NOT directly involved in the baby switch front-and-center in the reveal. It runs counter to all rules of logic and drama. But these show runners continue to make the most terrible choices in service of MB, LW and SB.

It must be since they have no interest in writing actual storylines for Carly. Although I don’t consider LW screaming to be particularly Emmy-worthy. 

On a side note, it hilarious watching Carly fans try to defend yesterday’s scenes by saying Michael and Lucas will get a chance to react later. The initial impact is gone so I don’t really care about their scenes anymore since she’s already said everything. I would have been ok with giving Carly a chance to react but hers shouldn’t have been the first one (and really the only one on the first day since she cut Michael off when he tried to speak). Her being “mama bear” for her grown son isn’t cute despite what they think. It just makes Michael look pathetic. 

• Love 8

Are we, the viewing audience, supposed to be cheering that the Corinthii Cult will now be reunited with its missing member Wiley/Jonah?  Because...gross.  Honestly, do the writers not realize how creepy it's getting that they keep grabbing all the children in town and throwing them in their unseen nursery?  Aside from James, is there a child on the canvas that isn't somehow connected to that awful family?  

• Love 13
22 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I totally agree. Michael and Lucas should have been the focal point in the confrontation with Brad, while Carly sat there in silence.  In fact, I think the scene should have only involved Lucas, Brad, and Michael. No one else even needed to be in the room.

Well, Julian has to be there for Carly, Lucas, and Sam to rip him apart for knowing the truth about Wiley.

1 minute ago, Bucwild said:

Well, Julian has to be there for Carly, Lucas, and Sam to rip him apart for knowing the truth about Wiley.

IMO, Lucas and Michael have a right to rip apart both Brad and Julian.  Carly, not so much, because she has no room to talk.  I didn't see it yesterday so don't know if she said anything, but much as I've always loved Bobbie, she also needs to shut up

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Are we headed for a [fill in blank with any 90's teen movie] with Cam and Trina, where they go to the dance as friends to help Cam get with Joss, but realize they are in luv. ...I hope so! Anything to keep Cam out of Joss' black hole of drama. 

I thought he had good chemistry with joss, much better than oscar.  But he also has great chemistry with trina, so he may be one of those actors who has it with a lot of people.  I would love to see him with trina though.   

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I thought he had good chemistry with joss, much better than oscar.  But he also has great chemistry with trina, so he may be one of those actors who has it with a lot of people.  I would love to see him with trina though.   

Is it terrible that I want Joss to want Cam, for him to end up with Trina, and for Joss and Carly to be pissed that for once that won't get exactly what they want?

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I would love to see [Cam] with trina though. 

Same here; I think they're better suited than Cam and Joss. One thing I like is that for now, at least, it doesn't seem as if Trina is harboring sekrit feelings for Cam. She's fine with them being friends.

• Love 3

So GHScorpiosRule, you missed Carly telling Jason that she doesn't care if she sounds like a hypocrite, that they were trying to give Michael the best life possible while Nelle and Brad "were just being selfish." News flash, you snarling shitty excuse for a mother: it's not a twisted version of history repeating itself. The only true difference between what you did and what they did is that you didn't hand anyone a deceased newborn. 

Of course Bobbie says it's "not an excuse" when Brad said Wiley was safer with them than Michael because of the kidnappings, etc. that Michael/Corinthos sibs survived. She's one of Sonny's top apologists.  I wanted to see significant emotion between Bobbie and Lucas, so I was really disappointed. That comforting hug was not enough. He should be sobbing, and she should seem devastated for him. 

HATED hearing Michael say "your grandson" to Sonny. And how did Sonny even know where Chase and Willow live? 

I was ticked off that Chase just carried unconscious Willow out, to take her to GH. She could have had a neck injury! Isn't standard for the police to call paramedics when someone's on the floor and in and out of consciousness?! 

HATED seeing everyone's joyous smiles (except Lucas) as Sonny and Michael walked into Casa Corinthos with Wiley. 

Also WTH with Curtis leaping to the theory that Taggert having a daughter he (Curtis) didn't know about means maybe Jordan is secretly Trina's mother.  The only good stuff about their storyline today was when he asked Cam if he's related to Elizabeth, and told Cam his test is making sure Trina gets home safely after the dance (because he and the audience remembers when he worked the Elizabeth Webber rape case after the h.s.'s V-day dance).

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So GHScorpiosRule, you missed Carly telling Jason that she doesn't care if she sounds like a hypocrite, that they were trying to give Michael the best life possible while Nelle and Brad "were just being selfish." News flash, you snarling shitty excuse for a mother: it's not a twisted version of history repeating itself. The only true difference between what you did and what they did is that you didn't hand anyone a deceased newborn. 

THE HELL she was. GOD. I Loathe that narcissistic piece of SHIT.

Of course Bobbie says it's "not an excuse" when Brad said Wiley was safer with them than Michael because of the kidnappings, etc. that Michael/Corinthos sibs survived. She's one of Sonny's top apologists.  I wanted to see significant emotion between Bobbie and Lucas, so I was really disappointed. That comforting hug was not enough. He should be sobbing, and she should seem devastated for him. 

Lucas should have been sobbing YESTERDAY, when he remembered what Brad confessed; the knowledge that his son was not the baby they adopted; that despite that Wiley is Jonah, he loves him and it should have been a struggle and EMOTIONAL for him to reveal what he did, instead of flatly stating it. Not to mention his no expression "don't touch me" "don't use that as an excuse" to Brad.

HATED seeing everyone's joyous smiles (except Lucas) as Sonny and Michael walked into Casa Corinthos with Wiley.

UGH. This, this...I have NO WORDS. I will LAUGH my ass off if it turns out Nelle scammed that Stupid Little Shit, and Wiley isn't his spawn after all. So, no CPS? No investigation? Just, oh, Lucas said this child is actually SLS's, so yes, he can take him and bring him into, not HIS home, but his criminal, murdering, father's house. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Jordan is a special kind of stupid. So she had no problem bringing Curtis in on any of her investigations, didn't have a problem telling him about her DEA buddy who died of a drug overdose, but now she rebukes him at every turn. She knows Renaud knows about TJ and that he just graduated med school. Commish, that means he has been keeping tabs on you and your family, including your husband. 

It boggles the mind that she wouldn't even want to tell Curtis a single thing until Taggert told her she should.

Also, I have a difficult time believing that this version of Jordan could climb the ranks of a mob organization and become the right hand man of the big boss. Vinessa Antoine, I can see. This actress, I can't, unless she bored everyone to death.

How is it that Sam can't see Jason because of his felonies, but can hang out at the Corinthoses? Consistency, writers! Sonny is a mobster too. 

STFU, Carly. You don't care about being a hypocrite. We already knew, but thanks for reminding us.

Also, Lucas, man. The writing for this whole Wylie reveal was incredibly bad. And Nelle knows the truth has come out, but she's prancing around, pulling the passports she knows she already has, like she isn't in a rush to get out of PC.

This show is dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm not a Sonny apologist, but I have to agree with Bobbie. It's not an excuse.  You're not allowed to just take someone's baby no matter how horrible the grandparents are.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, Lucas, man. The writing for this whole Wylie reveal was incredibly bad.

It’s just puzzling. Not only did it suck all the drama out of a moment they’ve been building to FOREVER, it makes no sense.  The memory had just come back to him. At the least, he would have needed a few seconds to process. He should have wanted to verify, given that the memory would be fuzzy, not a video playback like we had. There should have been shock, and confusion, and anguish. Instead, we got a flat statement. It’s like he was handing over a pair of gloves he found on the sidewalk, not his SON.

I used to think the ending of Jake’s magic trick story at the Nurses’ Ball was the most anticlimactic reveal ever. I think we have a new contender.

• Love 14

I love Chloe Lanier.  She puts little nuances everywhere.  When Chase was walking out the door with an unconscious Willow, she calls out in this little fake voice, "bye Willow".  Made me laugh so hard.  

Although it was incredibly stupid for her to take 4567 hours to get Wylie organized to leave .  It was a plot point for Chase and Michael to catch her but the whole time I was yelling at her to get the eff out of there.  

Despite the stupidity of 22 year old Jordan being ex DEA nonsense, she did give the line of the day today.  When Curtis asked if she was Trina's mother since she worked undercover with Taggert and she sarcastically says yes, she's littered the world with undercover babies, made me laugh.  Her line read on that was spot on, even though she was terrible with Remault earlier and with Curtis prior to,that

• Love 7

Was Bobbie always this bad an actress or have I just noticed it? She was terrible today-she acted like she’d taken a tranquilizer or couldn’t remember her lines or was actually a robot spouting lines she’d been programmed to recite with no inflection. Ugh.

• Love 1

I know it's a stupid question, and that I shouldn't expect LOGIC, but, how is it that SLS gets to take Wiley, and not, you know, his mother? I mean, Nelle is his mother; she is out on parole. They weren't married. So other than, because that's how this show rolls, SLS doesn't have any rights to the baby. Unless Nelle signed some document that stated he could have the baby after he was born? I wasn't watching when the babies were born, so I don't know.

And no one raked Julian over the coals? I'm assuming not, since I haven't read anything here that states he was?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know it's a stupid question, and that I shouldn't expect LOGIC, but, how is it that SLS gets to take Wiley, and not, you know, his mother? I mean, Nelle is his mother; she is out on parole. They weren't married. So other than, because that's how this show rolls, SLS doesn't have any rights to the baby. Unless Nelle signed some document that stated he could have the baby after he was born? I wasn't watching when the babies were born, so I don't know.

And no one raked Julian over the coals? I'm assuming not, since I haven't read anything here that states he was?

I think in order to twist the knife even more into Michael back when she presented the dead baby as Jonah, Michael was named as the father on the birth certificate and death certificate. And besides kidnapping and fraud, Nelle should have been arrested for assault as she knocked out Willow.

No one has said anything to Julian because Brad kept quiet about their collusion. He said that only he and Nelle were involved with the actual switching of the babies.

Well.... that could not have gone any fucking worse!

Carly is aware of her egregious hypocrisy ...but immediately pardons herself cuz her act was selfless, y'all.

Jordan will be the "reason" for Cyrus' violence instead of Sonny, and, of course, Sonny/Jason are being set up to be the heroes in that whole thing. 

Nelle, acting with about as much alacrity as garden snail, gets caught before she can leave town. 

Chase is faffing about with Michael and Nelle while never once asking Nelle where Willow is or searching the apartment, even though the place is fucking trashed.

UGH! Just rename it "The Corinthii" and get it over with. 

• Love 9

I wonder why Brad is keeping Julian’s involvement secret. I guess it wouldn’t really help take the heat off him since he essentially roped Julian into this in order to help keep his secret but I can’t see him being ok with Julian playing the supportive father to Lucas after all of this. 

46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Brad said no one else was involved in the baby switch (that is true; he confessed to Julian however long after the fact). Julian spoke up for Brad a little, and Bobbie snapped back "You would defend him" (um, hypocrite much Bobbie?) and his response was he doesn't condone what Brad did but the motivation is understandable.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Not only did it suck all the drama out of a moment they’ve been building to FOREVER, it makes no sense.  The memory had just come back to him. At the least, he would have needed a few seconds to process. He should have wanted to verify, given that the memory would be fuzzy, not a video playback like we had. There should have been shock, and confusion, and anguish.

We should have at least had Lucas confront Brad in private, Brad try to convince him to keep the secret, Lucas struggle with actually considering to keep the secret cause a) he loves Wiley and b) Michael's mob family.  And then, and only then, Lucas telling Michael.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I wonder why Brad is keeping Julian’s involvement secret. I guess it wouldn’t really help take the heat off him since he essentially roped Julian into this in order to help keep his secret but I can’t see him being ok with Julian playing the supportive father to Lucas after all of this. 

In the real world, I could understand Brad keeping silent because he might be thinking that perhaps he could do some good by not further damaging the relationship between Lucas and his father. But since this is GH world, we can pretty much make book on the fact that the reveal will come at a time that will damage Julian as much as possible so paternity-hiding Carly and Bobbie along with child-kidnapping observer Sam can excoriate him as much as possible while remaining blind to their own wrongdoing. 

• Love 13

On to other matters. Did Jordan sleep with Cyrus when she was undercover? Ewww.

There was a big old explosion on the docks but no one notices the noise or the fire or alert the cops.

I can accept that somehow Sonny & Co did not realize that Trina was Taggert's daughter. But how in the world, did Taggert not put his foot down with his daughter stepping foot into the Corinthii complex? The moment that Trina mentioned she was best friendss with Joss Jacks, daughter of Carly and step daughter of Sonny, overprotective dad should have been on the first flight to Port Charles to shut that down.

• Love 7

Michael may be Wiley's biological father, but that doesn't mean he can just grab him. Why didn't Chase stop him? And Michael, did you stop to think that Lucas is going to "pay for it" too? Ugh. Michael is such a Corinthos. It's all about what he wants.

I wonder why Brad didn't mention Liesl. She wasn't really a part of the switch, but she knew what was going on.

"You've devastated us, Brad!" and everyone is glaring, not looking devastated. And really, Sasha's sneer was a bit much coming from someone who lied about being a daughter. Maybe show a bit of understanding, huh?

Yes, Carly, look at the damage! You did the same to the Qs, you raging hypocrite. Maybe you should care a bit.

At least Michael had the grace not to look too triumphant when bringin Wiley to Casa C.

Jeff Fahey's mustache needs some fixing, either with a trim or color or both.

So I guess today is Feb. 14 on the show and that's why Taggert was so insistent on Cam walking Trina home? Someone above mentioned Elizabeth was raped after the V-Day dance, and I think that's what Taggert is thinking about.

I really wanted Dolores to pop in at Casa Corinthos when Sam and Jason were snogging.

• Love 8

Why can’t we have nice things?

Why couldn’t that vacant building Jason blew up have been the beginnings of Cyrus’s home for those in trouble or need?  Sonny could stutter his way out of this.

Why can’t we have that dreaded mob war that will take out gang Corinthii (Sonny, Carly, Michael, Jason, Sam, Dev, maybe Bobbie and Mike) a few guilty by association (ex. Sasha)?  Throw in Peter and possibly Valentin for good measure.

Why are we watching a “who’s constipation is worse” contest between Micheal and Lucas.

Why did Nelle spend so much time futzing around and not get on that international flight to Argentina and away from PC?  She’s too interesting and alive for this city of mobsters and their molls.

Why can’t we have Wiley’s real parentage be Nelle and someone not Corinthos related. Or better, backstory it that she did run into Shiloh early in her time in PC and Wiley really is his.  

Why can’t we have nice things?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, WhyIsTheRumGone said:

Hmmm...let’s see:

Taggert & Jordan are “next.”

Cyrus knows all about TJ.

We just found out that Trina is Taggert’s daughter.

They’re making such a huge deal about the upcoming dance.

Hey GH writers -

image.gif.815efdab5972f180ba791f6dfcf17fcf.gif

IKR? When Taggert told Cam to walk Trina home, all I kept thinking was this dude is certifiable. If Cyrus knows about TJ, then he must know about Trina, but he's putting his daughter's safety between the hands of another 16 year old. Not cool. How about YOU walk your daughter home.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Jeff Fahey's mustache needs some fixing, either with a trim or color or both.

Eh? You mean Jeff Kober, right?

ONLY in this FAKAKTA show would a birth mother get arrested for taking her child. She didn’t do anything illegal when she gave Brad her son. And it’s still not kidnapping. SLS wasn’t the custodial parent when Nelle birthed Wiley.

And the hypocrisy of SHEBEAST is mind boggling. But Bobbie’s is MUCH worse, because she actually DID kidnap Lucas!

Again, unless Nelle signed over her parental rights before Wiley was born, all that arresting and cuffs was such BULLSHIT.

Now I REALLY want a scene with Liz and Taggert!

• Love 8

It sounds so awful.  I'm so happy I chose to skip this week. It's bad enough reading about it. I can't imagine watching it. I hate the blatant bias and favoritism for certain characters on this show. It truly sucks and ruins any suspense a plot can have. When certain characters are involved, we all know who will emerge as the victor, so what's the point in watching? It's boring and predictable. 

From what my sister told me and what I've read here, I think it would have been far more interesting to see Lucas be conflicted. I would have loved to see him shut up Brad up from confessing and kick everyone out of his home. Since I actually was invested in Brucas and liked them as a couple, I would have loved to see them have a conversation/confrontation. Heck, others stick by their criminal partners, so why couldn't Lucas stick by Brad even if it was just for a little while. Or why not see Lucas seriously consider keeping the secret. I don't know. I just wanted to see something interesting. I'm not saying it had to last, but maybe on their way out of town, Lucas realizes he can't do it. Maybe he lets Brad get on the plane, and then he stays back and tells the truth. I don't know. I just wanted something more meaty for those two than what seems to have been written. That would have been unexpected and interesting to me. 

As far as Carly is concerned, I cannot stand her character. IMO, her introduction ruined GH. I have hated her since SB joined the show. What she did to AJ is inexcusable to me and has forever tainted her. The fact that she NEVER paid for any of her actions only makes me dislike her more. IMO, Carly is a garbage character. The fact that she mentioned AJ but then was quick to say the situations were different b/c essentially she was the one doing it . . . . just shows how blind the writers are. Why not let Carly own her actions? Why not let Carly actually feel empathy, guilt, and regret for what she did to AJ? This was an opportunity to finally show some growth in the character, but they refused. She's Carly so nothing she does is ever wrong or bad. What is that?

Carly's hypocrisy is disgusting. Like I said, she is a trash character. Her son is trash. Her bestie is trash. Her mother is trash.  I just cannot stand those characters.

Oh, and as a family attorney, I'm also confused as to why Nelle's own child was taken from her. If Brad confirms that Wiley is Nelle's son, then she can go wherever she wants w/her child. Did Michael do a DNA test or something, proving he was Wiley's father?! She might be arrested for assault on Willow, but a biological mother can give her child to a friend if she wants. That's not a crime. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ONLY in this FAKAKTA show would a birth mother get arrested for taking her child. She didn’t do anything illegal when she gave Brad her son. And it’s still not kidnapping. SLS wasn’t the custodial parent when Nelle birthed Wiley.

Again, unless Nelle signed over her parental rights before Wiley was born, all that arresting and cuffs was such BULLSHIT.

Now I REALLY want a scene with Liz and Taggert!

A and B) They didn't actually say why she was under arrest. I assumed she was handcuffed and arrested because of the attack/assault on Willow. That apartment was clearly the scene of a fight and Willow was unconscious in her own home. 

C) I agree. I wonder if the re-intro of Taggert, and the emphasis on the school dance, will lead to Elizabeth telling Cam she was raped after a school dance when she was his age and Taggert was the detective who handled the case. That is why he's so concerned about Trina not being alone when she goes home. 

I don't understand the energy-less scenes today. Lucas had a few tears. I don't think Brad even shed a tear. Same for Bobbie. You would think Lucas found out his husband stole his credit cards, went on a spending spree and left him in debt instead of lying about their child for a year and a half

Another case of GH telling instead of showing is Michael yelling at Brad for hurting the "people you claim to love."  Brad has claimed to love Lucas and Wiley, not the rest of them. Brad and Lucas with Wiley have had scenes of bonding with Elizabeth and her family only. Not once that I can recall has Brad been seen (before this storyline or during) having warm one-on-one family moments with Carly, Michael, Sonny or Josslyn.  I think he once referenced seeing Kristina since she helped out with Wiley.  He's had very few scenes even with Lucas, so this attempt by the writers to make it seem like Brad was close to and betrayed a big, loving family is a FAIL. 

The only truly positive thing I can say about the Wiley storyline scenes is that neither Sonny nor Jason got to be heroic in saving the baby from crazy Nelle. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Another case of GH telling instead of showing is Michael yelling at Brad for hurting the "people you claim to love."  Brad has claimed to love Lucas and Wiley, not the rest of them.

Oh, how I would've loved Brad to erupt and say "None of you cared about me, or Lucas for that matter, until Wiley came into the picture.  Then like a shark who smells blood, you circled because you hoard children.  You're all dangerous hypocrites and if given the chance, I'd do it again because it's nothing worse than anything you've done."

I'd also like a pony.

Carly on the phone with the police: "Send a patrol car, you're going to be making an arrest."  When the fuck did she become Commissioner?

• Love 16

So I might be done with this show?  Because they just did the "big reveal" of a story that's been over a year in the making and, as soon as I read Carly was 95% of it, I immediately lost all interest in watching it.  Not like I didn't know that was gonna happen, but the confirmation that the show will never learn and never change makes me wanna learn and change, you know?

My girl Amanda Setton better do something particularly soapy soon.  Or someone send up a flare if Lucas and Brad actually get a one-on-one confrontation.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The only truly positive thing I can say about the Wiley storyline scenes is that neither Sonny nor Jason got to be heroic in saving the baby from crazy Nelle. 

And yet the show couldn't resist to have Sonny (who was on the other side of town dealing with mob stuff) and show up at the end to have Michael introduce his grandson to him 

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Chase is faffing about with Michael and Nelle while never once asking Nelle where Willow is or searching the apartment, even though the place is fucking trashed.

He was carefully moving around while Michael kept Nelle talking. His body language told me he knew immediately when Willow wasn't in the room that Nelle must have knocked Willow out or stashed her somewhere in the apartment, but she would say first priority is to make sure the baby is okay. So he carefully gets up right behind Nelle, when she's too distracted by Michael to see exactly where he is. Then once Wiley is safely in Michael's arms and another officer has secured Nelle, he goes looking for Willow. While Chase now knows that Wiley is not Willow's biological son, she thinks he is and loves him and Chase knows that. I could see her being angry at Chase and Michael if Nelle got away with Wiley and disappeared because one or both of them focused on her needs first. 

• Love 9

8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Despite the stupidity of 22 year old Jordan being ex DEA nonsense, she did give the line of the day today.  When Curtis asked if she was Trina's mother since she worked undercover with Taggert and she sarcastically says yes, she's littered the world with undercover babies, made me laugh.  Her line read on that was spot on, even though she was terrible with Remault earlier and with Curtis prior to,that

I disagree about her with the scene with Renault (or whatever his name is) but, yes, I loved that line. It genuinely had me LOL. It was such a ridiculous leap for Curtis to make.

6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Well.... that could not have gone any fucking worse!

Carly is aware of her egregious hypocrisy ...but immediately pardons herself cuz her act was selfless, y'all.

Jordan will be the "reason" for Cyrus' violence instead of Sonny, and, of course, Sonny/Jason are being set up to be the heroes in that whole thing. 

Nelle, acting with about as much alacrity as garden snail, gets caught before she can leave town. 

UGH! Just rename it "The Corinthii" and get it over with. 

Carly and Jason can go kick rocks. Maybe Jason can slightly lay claim to participating in the switch for Michael's benefit but look up selfish in the dictionary and there would be pictures of Carly all throughout the Michael paternity switch storyline. These new writers are doing some things right but the renewed focus on the mob side trying to make Sonny and Jason look tough sucks and, if it's at all possible, I think the mob squad's smugness, hypocrisy, and winning is back to Guza-era levels.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

A and B) They didn't actually say why she was under arrest. I assumed she was handcuffed and arrested because of the attack/assault on Willow. That apartment was clearly the scene of a fight and Willow was unconscious in her own home. 

Well, if they were arresting her for her assault on Willow, why was Brad arrested? It's STOOPID. As his birth mother, Nelle was free to give her baby away to anyone she wanted, and she gave him to Brad. So, no kidnapping. But this is the FAKAKTA and TFGH, so of course the full extent of the law will rain down on Brad like ACME's Anvil.

And while I should feel sorry for Lucas, I just don't. Where has all this "LOVE" for SheBeast and SLS come from? His reactions came off as if Brad was some friend hiding knowledge of something that wouldn't have such a rippling effect. There was no crying, no gut-punch face, just...disgust and anger with no real affect.

As much as I hate how Robin was trashed and vilified, at least when she came clean about the SLS to AJ, there was a punch to it all. From everyone involved. No screaming harpies taking front and center stage; well, okay, she did, but we all saw and heard from AJ, Alan, Monica, Edward, Lila, and not just one screaming SHEBEAST harridan.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I might be done with this show?  Because they just did the "big reveal" of a story that's been over a year in the making and, as soon as I read Carly was 95% of it, I immediately lost all interest in watching it.  Not like I didn't know that was gonna happen, but the confirmation that the show will never learn and never change makes me wanna learn and change, you know?

My girl Amanda Setton better do something particularly soapy soon.  Or someone send up a flare if Lucas and Brad actually get a one-on-one confrontation.

It was the lamest of reveals that ever happened in recent history.

Yeah, nothing soapy for your girl, what with the ELQ lawyers and Diane (!) not being able to find a loophole, so she's stuck with that contract. Because you know, that creep is working in tandem with Col. Sanders and Valentin to buy out ELQ shares so they have majority.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm actually pretty sure she did.  Had she just kept Wiley and ran away to parts unknown, that wouldn't have been illegal, because Michael didn't have custody rights.  If she had left the baby at a safe harbor, that would not have been illegal.  What she did was illegal because a mother is not allowed to adopt out a child without making a good faith effort to find the father. Plus, there was absolutely nothing legal about that adoption in the first place.  

• Love 2

Yeah about Brad being led away in cuffs-- not sure why the cops would even take the word of a house full of felons (hey! new show name!) that one of the only people there who HASN'T been in PCPD custody is guilty of a crime.

Not to mention the hypocrisy cherry on top of the hypocrisy sundae that is the Corinthii clan calling the cops because someone perpetrated a crime on them.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And while I should feel sorry for Lucas, I just don't. Where has all this "LOVE" for SheBeast and SLS come from?

As much as I hate how Robin was trashed and vilified, at least when she came clean about the SLS to AJ, there was a punch to it all. From everyone involved. No screaming harpies taking front and center stage; well, okay, she did, but we all saw and heard from AJ, Alan, Monica, Edward, Lila, and not just one screaming SHEBEAST harridan.

A) The fact that the writers consider the two of them as central to this storyline while Lucas is basically a prop/supporting player in "Michael's child was kidnapped/stolen at birth."

B) You are correct, but that was at a time when the Qs were still a prominent family, with one of their family members brain damaged and seduced into doing whatever Carly and later Sonny wanted him to do. AJ and Jason were the sons of important doctors Monica and Alan, then the brain damaged brother conspired with Carly to keep his nephew away from his brother. AJ and the rest of the Qs were betrayed by "one of their own" who had been convinced he was doing the right thing. 

In this storyline, Lucas and Brad were never important. The writing spells that out from the beginning. Lucas is the adopted son of Bobbie; over the years Bobbie has become a mere prop for the family of the daughter she didn't raise who played a significant role in the breakup of her marriage/family. (Bobbie didn't even get a mention when nephew Lucky, whom she did help raise, was mourning the loss of his legal son Jake even though the Jake and Josslyn situation was a redo of when she lost her daughter BJ.)  Bio mother of Lucas is deceased and bio father of Lucas is basically a pariah in town.  Brad is certainly not a true member of the Corinthos clan and he has no family connections in Port Charles whatsoever that we know of. Therefore Brad is less compelling and easily disposable. That was clear to me when Lucas said how Brad has devastated his family (not him). The writing should have spelled out how Brad betrayed wedding vows to Lucas. Instead, it's spelling out that any pain Lucas is feeling is unimportant because he's just a prop for Michael the important one. Therefore, there won't be a struggle about Michael claiming his son. That last shot of Lucas seeing Wiley in Michael's arm was RC playing sad resignation,. The preview for today's episode has Lucas asking Carly, "What happens now?" 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? You mean Jeff Kober, right?

Yep, I meant Kober. Got my '80s Jeffs mixed up.

14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Man, we really do have to find the small graces in these idiotic stories.

13 hours ago, nilyank said:

And yet the show couldn't resist to have Sonny (who was on the other side of town dealing with mob stuff) and show up at the end to have Michael introduce his grandson to him 

Well, boy child and all. Had Wiley been a girl, no one would have cared about any of this at all.

11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I loved that line. It genuinely had me LOL. It was such a ridiculous leap for Curtis to make.

It was also pretty insulting. Way to trust your wife, Curtis. Ugh.

54 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

a house full of felons (hey! new show name!)

General Hospital: Houseful of Felons Edition

• LOL 1
  • Love 3