Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

Welp, it's disappointing but not surprising that Carly was baring her teeth at Brad and demanding explanations .02 seconds after the Wiley bomb was dropped. Meanwhile, Michael stands by in silence. I know he's a lukewarm baked potato on the best of days, but if there's any time to find his voice and not let his mom run roughshod over a situation, this is IT, baby. I'm sure the show wanted him to seem too floored to initially react, and I could probably roll with that explanation if this behavior wasn't totally par for the course with him. It should not be Carly leading the charge here. She is not the one directly and personally affected by this deceit, not to the same degree as Michael, at least. It is beyond frustrating that Carly's feelings ALWAYS have to be the first, biggest, and loudest in any circumstances.

And fuck her for victoriously telling Michael to go get his son. Until there's a DNA test and a court order changing his identity, that kid is still legally Wiley Cooper-Jones. Also, her brother is RIGHT THERE, devastated at the collapse of his family, she could MAYBE hold off on preening out of respect for his feelings.

• Love 21

I hated that the writers made Carly the focal point of the confrontation with Brad when she did pretty much the same thing Nelle did when Michael was a baby. She conspired with another man (Jason) to keep A.J. away from his son. The only difference is that A.J. never believed that Michael was deceased. Granted, what Carly did happened two decades ago, but still. Her moral indignant outrage was outrageous.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Welp, it's disappointing but not surprising that Carly was baring her teeth at Brad and demanding explanations .02 seconds after the Wiley bomb was dropped. Meanwhile, Michael stands by in silence. I know he's a lukewarm baked potato on the best of days, but if there's any time to find his voice and not let his mom run roughshod over a situation, this is IT, baby. I'm sure the show wanted him to seem too floored to initially react, and I could probably roll with that explanation if this behavior wasn't totally par for the course with him. It should not be Carly leading the charge here. She is not the one directly and personally affected by this deceit, not to the same degree as Michael, at least. It is beyond frustrating that Carly's feelings ALWAYS have to be the first, biggest, and loudest in any circumstances.

And fuck her for victoriously telling Michael to go get his son. Until there's a DNA test and a court order changing his identity, that kid is still legally Wiley Cooper-Jones. Also, her brother is RIGHT THERE, devastated at the collapse of his family, she could MAYBE hold off on preening out of respect for his feelings.

I totally agree. Michael and Lucas should have been the focal point in the confrontation with Brad, while Carly sat there in silence.  In fact, I think the scene should have only involved Lucas, Brad, and Michael. No one else even needed to be in the room.

• Love 14

I like that Trina finally gets some familial ties, but I don't know I feel about Taggert being her father. Taggert has always annoyed me--mainly because TPTB never allowed him to move past his obsession with Sonny and Jason, to a lesser extent. I wonder if Taggert being Trina's father is going to cause tension between her and Joss, since Sonny is Joss' stepfather.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, ciarra said:

He also got a job for his comatose husband who just woke up 5 minutes ago, and has no issues with the after-effects of said coma caused by traumatic brain injury (balance, muscle loss, ability to swallow food). 

thanks, I haven't seen this yet (and don't get me started on the ridiculousness of him actually getting the job without at least one trip to Portland first)

Other than having others get in their minimums, I agree that the confrontation should have been only Michael, Brad and Lucas. Carly speaking for both Michael and Lucas while they were right there in the room and totally capable of opening their mouths was pretty good proof that they probably shouldn't have a child, since neither of them was capable of interrupting her to take over the . . . interrogation. 

All the pearl clutching by Bobbie, Sam, Sasha, and (yes!) Carly should have happened in another room, since it would also have been a great opportunity for them to turn on each other about their past misdeeds and good soap.

It was also irritating that Sasha found it necessary to call PC's only cop, Chase, to come over to Casa Corinthos "for Willow." Does Sasha truly think her one of her only female friends is one of them wimmens who are too weak to  learn the truth directly? 

Edited by rur
too! too! too!
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

And Trina is Taggert's kid?  Didn't see that coming.

I haven't seen today yet, but I'm relieved to read that. There was a cheering section to get Trina into the same family via Nikolas and Gia, and I would have hated that. By the time Gia left Port Charles, she and Nikolas had been over with for most of a year and involved with other people, and it's not as though they were written as pining for each other, so offscreen "goodbye sex" would make sense. I remember when the Tyler Nikolas shared a scene with the second Gia (a rarity), and the characters acted so distant with each other.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Details! Details! Did all these asshats believe Lucas when he said he knew what he heard/was told/remembered?

The speed with which Carly believed him and jumped into the fray could be measured in milliseconds.

When the truth came out, Carly told everyone to leave the room so that she could be alone with Michael, Brad and Lucas. I laughed at the next scene because no one did except for Sasha and she only left long enough to call Chase. Did she think that he was going to arrest Brad then and there? She's fitting in perfectly with the entitled Corinthos clan.

You know, if I were Lucas and suddenly remembered that my husband had told me that our child was really the offspring of someone else, I would have wanted to talk to him and get the whole story before telling the world. It's not like Lucas just came out of a serious injury followed by a coma for months.

24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

UGH at Carly's extended yelling at Brad. Yes, I know Michael yelled at him too and spoke about all Willow has been through (unlike Carly who only cares about her own immediately family + Jason's), but this should have been a face off between Lucas, Brad and Michael. Carly needs to shut her hypocritical mouth and take a seat in the corner because it's not her fight.

I take it that this is one time you don't want the show to live up to your name @Bringonthedrama

22 minutes ago, Linny said:

Michael is not allowed to grow up, especially in any connection to Carly, Jason or Sonny. (One of the reasons the character doesn't get recast.  He will be the Prince Charles of the show, in his seventies and still in the shadow of Mummy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's not going to happen, but I would forgive this storyline for a lot of things if it came out that Nelle lied on purpose about the paternity and Wiley/Jonah was fathered by some random guy.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You know, if I were Lucas and suddenly remembered that my husband had told me that our child was really the offspring of someone else, I would have wanted to talk to him and get the whole story before telling the world. It's not like Lucas just came out of a serious injury followed by a coma for months.

On the one hand, I agree with you. On the other hand, I would be afraid that if I didn't say it right that second, I would never say it.  It would be too easy to back out later.  

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is not allowed to grow up, especially in any connection to Carly, Jason or Sonny. (One of the reasons the character doesn't get recast.  He will be the Prince Charles of the show, in his seventies and still in the shadow of Mummy.

Well, he is Prince Charming's grandson:)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'd care more about the Wiley storyline if it wasn't about Carly yelling at Brad and Chad Duell who can't act his way out of a paper bag. 

I'm assuming Brad throws Julian under the bus tomorrow, because we all know he will make sure to drag him down with him.

I hope Nelle takes off with the baby and neither are ever seen again. 

And look at Sonny being all smug talking to another mobster he knows can't punch him in the face because there's a glass between them. That's the only time Sonny is brave, when there's a glass partition between him and his enemy or when his thug is standing right there.

Taggert being Trina's father is an interesting twist. Her excitement at seeing him almost made up for this dumb AF Wylie reveal. 

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

And Trina is Taggert's kid?  Didn't see that coming.

Are they dropped the story of Stella having a near relative in PC? Or is the one in London how they fixed it when Vernee Watson-Johnson got that other job?

The nice thing here is that Trina is actually an age-appropriate daughter for Taggert.

30 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I wonder if Taggert being Trina's father is going to cause tension between her and Joss, since Sonny is Joss' stepfather.

I hope not. Trina has no illusions about who Sonny is. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When the truth came out, Carly told everyone to leave the room so that she could be alone with Michael, Brad and Lucas. I laughed at the next scene because no one did except for Sasha and she only left long enough to call Chase. Did she think that he was going to arrest Brad then and there? She's fitting in perfectly with the entitled Corinthos clan.

Carly said she didn't care who left the room, but that Michael, Brad and Lucas should remain to get the truth. Of course, this being Port Charles, the whole group minus Sasha knew to stay because the juicy dirt was going to come out.

The better move should have been to have the confrontation with the three (actually five if they included Willow and Nelle).

So Trina has a different last name than her father's because Taggert is not that common of a name.

I haven't seen it yet (and won't b/c I cannot stand the hypocrisy of the Corinthos clan), but I can't say I'm surprised or shocked that Carly took over the confrontation/interrogation. Of course she did. We can't have Michael being a man and handling his own business, now can we? My sister works from home and texted me that Carly was the one doing all the yelling and screaming while Michael just sat there in silence. She thought it was a lost opportunity for CD to stretch his acting chops. I can't disagree w/her. This was Chad's moment or Ryan's, not Laura's. 

Now, this may be unpopular, but I'm not a huge fan of "angry" Michael. I don't like the way Chad does anger. He just shouts. There's no layers to his "anger." When he was upset w/Sonny . . . oh my goodness . . . it was awful. He just shouted and raged for like three months. I was happy when he patched things up w/Sonny b/c I was sick of his shouting. The writing didn't help matters either, but I digress. There are levels to anger, and CD only plays it one way, IMO, which gets old fast. 

For me, if it had to go down this way (I would have written something a little less predictable but that's just me), I would have preferred to see Lucas force everyone out of the room while he confronts his husband. Brad is the one who lied to him and ruined their family, but then Brucas has NEVER been a meaningful part of this story. They've just been the prop for this Michael/Nelle mess. 

Now, if the show wanted to be interesting, they'd have Nelle run off w/her son. Last I checked, Michael has no legal claim on that child b/c they were not married when the kid was born, and he didn't sign the birth certificates . . . . . . . so, let Nelle take her son. Michael would become obsessed w/locating his child. That obsession would lead to him making major mistakes at ELQ and being ousted by Ned who would be the new CEO. His obsession would also ruin his relationship w/Sasha, and would cause him to hate his mother and Jason for taking him away from AJ. That would, for me, be the more interesting place to take this boring, played out story. I suspect Michael will get the baby back fairly soon though, and then it will go upstairs w/Donna. LOL!! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I take it that this is one time you don't want the show to live up to your name

Carly has been at the center of too many dramas to even remember them all at this point in GH's history, so in too many ways this moment of drama is same old, same old. I've had way more than enough of Carly's screeching, hypocrisy, etc. at whomever she feels has unfairly wronged her family/bff. (I'm throwing in the bff mention because I remember her stalking into Elizabeth's home, looking at baby Jake, then screeching at Elizabeth that she was going to make sure big bad Elizabeth didn't get her way/ that Jason would get shared custody of Jake.)

I would be fine, even applaud, a high-drama moment between Michael and Brad about betraying him and Lucas, with Lucas raging at Brad the entire time. This scene came off as Carly taking aim at a delinquent minor in defense of her own minor child, while completely ignoring her own brother's devastation. A scene that should have been about both Lucas and Michael's heartbreak was instead about Carly, and her prize possession  son Michael being betrayed by the husband of the brother she rarely acknowledged in life until this storyline started. 

• Love 10

I thought the confrontation should have been primarily between Brad, Michael, and Lucas. Carly taking "the charge" just really highlighted how TPTB won't allow Michael to lead his own stories, he always has to stand behind his parents.

I also agree with someone else who said there should have been a scene in private between Lucas and Brad before Lucas just blurted it all out.

But what was truly ridiculous to me is the speed at which everyone in the room - especially Carly - just believed it immediately, knowing Lucas just woke up from brain trauma and could have been confused. 

Also, a couple of the reactions in the background were just... wooden. You had Sasha with vague tears and Sam and Bobbie just staring without much emotion.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 6

This show is sad. I don’t know how old Michael is supposed to be but I’m guessing mid to late 20s at least since CD is 32. He’s still having his mother front and center in his storylines? They really can’t read the room if they think anyone wants to listen to Carly screeching for an hour. I can stomach a lot but I couldn’t even get through those scenes. 

Was the original plan to have Trina related  to Stella and Curtis only to have it dropped when VW took another role? If not, what was the point of the DNA matches? Trina having family on canvas is nice regardless. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

I thought the confrontation should have been primarily between Brad, Michael, and Lucas. Carly taking "the charge" just really highlighted how TPTB won't allow Michael to lead his own stories, he always has to stand behind his parents.

Michael was always emasculated by Carly. Her taking charge in this Wylie mess should come as no surprise.

The writers make it very difficult to root for these characters. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This scene came off as Carly taking aim at a delinquent minor in defense of her own minor child, while completely ignoring her own brother's devastation. A scene that should have been about both Lucas and Michael's heartbreak was instead about Carly, and her prize possession  son Michael being betrayed by the husband of the brother she rarely acknowledged in life until this storyline started. 

I thought Ryan Carnes face looked like he was thinking, "Why the heck am I standing here and not getting any lines in a big scene about my adopted son and my husband's lies?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

This show is sad. I don’t know how old Michael is supposed to be but I’m guessing mid to late 20s at least since CD is 32. He’s still having his mother front and center in his storylines? They really can’t read the room if they think anyone wants to listen to Carly screeching for an hour. I can stomach a lot but I couldn’t even get through those scenes. 

If you compare Michael to Nicholas Newman on Y&R, it's really sad. Michael has not lived a life at all on this show. What interesting plots have involved Michael as a main character? What stories has he driven?  What wild, hot romances has he had? What transformative arcs has he had? What has he done on this show since reaching adulthood? 

The sad answer is Michael hasn't done anything interesting on this show IMO, and he hasn't even been involved in any really hot pairings IMO. I liked him w/Starr and then Kiki, but those romances weren't wild, hot, or memorable. I found them cute. I did not like him w/the prostitute (sorry . . . forgot the character's name) or w/the boring Sabrina. That actress (forgot her name) lit up w/the guy playing Carlos. She sparked w/him. With Chad, she was boring as dirt. I have always enjoyed the times he's been associated w/the mob b/c Chad lights up more in the mob setting, but those times have been rare. 

Michael has not been allowed to grow up and carry his own story. He's boring. This baby doesn't help Michael. Michael doesn't need a child. He needs a story. He needs some fire. He needs to be his own man. He needs to get out from under his mother's shadow. Today should have been all about Michael and Lucas, or rather let today be Ryan's chance to shine and then Chad tomorrow. Carly shouldn't have had a moment at all. This is about Michael and Lucas, not Carly! 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pissy Michael is a lot more fun. He gets very petty, and that's entertaining to me.

For me, he's just not that strong of an actor, so when he's angry, it comes off very one-note. I like more layered anger like Bryan Craig portrayed when he was Morgan. I even thought Drew Garrett was better than Chad.

Admittedly, I did not see today's episode, but I'm just remembering the anger when the AJ plot was revealed. It became tiresome quickly for me. I'm glad you're enjoying it though! 

• Love 2

Stepping off the barge to ask if anyone mentioned to Carly that Nell and Brad kept Michael away from his child like she did to A.J.  No?  Going back on the barge to find a lounge chair by the pool and order a cocktail.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Chad should have ripped up the damn script. What would they do, fire him? If the decade of failed romances didn't get him fired, that wouldn't have!

Maybe he will get a ton tomorrow but either way Carly should not have taken the lead today.

And Michael is at least 28 years old since he turned 18 in 2009.

• Love 6

I so, so, so want Nelle to take the kid and get on that plane and just disappear. I do not want to see Michael with a kid. All the kids on this show right now as boring as hell, and they do nothing to make their parents more interesting.  And Michael is already Boring McBoreface.

I do not understand Jordan's refusal to talk to Curtis. He actually brought up how she had an affair on her previous husband - why not just tell him the truth, whatever the heck it is? How is it better that he suspect she's having an affair with Taggart?

And Trina has a relative! Yay!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I do not understand Jordan's refusal to talk to Curtis. He actually brought up how she had an affair on her previous husband - why not just tell him the truth, whatever the heck it is? How is it better that he suspect she's having an affair with Taggart?

I kept wondering how "It turned out the body on the dock was someone both Taggart and I once worked with," would be breaking any kind of confidentiality.

Stupid.

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, rur said:

I kept wondering how "It turned out the body on the dock someone both Taggart and I once worked with," would be breaking any kind of confidentiality.

Stupid.

I don't think it's about any official confidentiality. I think Jordan, Taggert and those dead former DEA agents did something illegal in order to get Cyrus behind bars and he found out and is now killing them off.

• Love 4

If Cyrus is the one killing off the DEA agents, then Sonny and Jason are going to end up saving them. I do not want that. Again.

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I would be fine, even applaud, a high-drama moment between Michael and Brad about betraying him and Lucas, with Lucas raging at Brad the entire time. This scene came off as Carly taking aim at a delinquent minor in defense of her own minor child, while completely ignoring her own brother's devastation. A scene that should have been about both Lucas and Michael's heartbreak was instead about Carly, and her prize possession  son Michael being betrayed by the husband of the brother she rarely acknowledged in life until this storyline started. 

And then she told Michael to go and pick up Wiley, as if Wiley were a toy of Michael's that someone else had taken home from daycare and Michael needed to get it back.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rur said:

I thought Ryan Carnes face looked like he was thinking, "Why the heck am I standing here and not getting any lines in a big scene about my adopted son and my husband's lies?"

Exactly !  He remembered, made the reveal, then I don't think he had another line. Not that I can remember anyway. Then it was all Carly and occasional replies from Brad. At that point, did Lucas even know that the original baby had died ? I don't think Brad told him that before the car crash. That should have been a big part of the scene. Lucas being devastated that "his" original baby had died and he never had a chance to see him. And Brad should have been a lot more broken up when explaining that part of the story. He should have been sobbing and barely able to speak. Finally the secret is out, the burden is lifted and he really didn't show much emotion. I guess it was hard to compete with Carly screaming. And she really was fixated on Nelle's part in it and how it affected Michael. Forget about Lucas. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Pissy Michael is a lot more fun. He gets very petty, and that's entertaining to me.

Bingo. To expand on that, this responsible nice-guy type who's always in control of his emotions and tries to do the right thing is the worst way to use Duell. We see that on the rare occasions when he gets to do something else. I thought he got off to a great start in the prison scenes with Carter, when he was terrified. He was good when he rebelled against Sonny and Carly and was saying hateful things to them. More recently, he was really good when he was pretending to be a drunk to help Jason escape jail in the neighboring town, during the DoD investigation. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

he's just not that strong of an actor

Oh, I totally agree. I think he's taken too much to heart from MB, whose glory days are long behind him.

The one thing I'll say about the shoutfest is that at least Carly was yelling in her house. That gives her a bit—a tiny bit—of justification.

Wiley is covered in food and Willow is shocked that Chase figures out a bath is next. Really, Willow? That poor toddler who plays Wiley. He gets passed around like a hot potato. LOL at the public domain Mother Goose Chase was reading. Wiley's sneeze was adorable.

The warehouse stuff was so silly, as was Sonny's jailhouse conversation. So much stupid posturing.

I don't think Curtis's anger at Jordan is out of line, but maybe don't jump to an affair right off the bat, huh? He should hook up with Lulu, given how they both go to the nuclear option first.

As much as I hate cat fights, I think the actors had a lot of fun.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, norahs99 said:

Stepping off the barge to ask if anyone mentioned to Carly that Nell and Brad kept Michael away from his child like she did to A.J.  No?  

Not so far, but the only people in that room right now older than Carly are Julian (who may not know that bit of history) and Bobbie (who isn't about to bring that up while her son is crying and his marriage is imploding). I have a tiny bit of hope that might happen when the Qs hear about this (emphasis on tiny since Tracy has left PC again). I am happy for Monica that she gains a great grandchild after all the losses she has survived. I want a scene of Monica in the Q crypt, talking to AJ and Alan's spirits about his grandson/ their great grandson. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

My sister texted me that Carly was the one doing all the yelling and screaming while Michael just sat there in silence.

To be fair to CD.... he was standing. 

I think he read somewhere that "looking blankly ahead with mouth hanging open" is the all-purpose acting choice that covers disbeilef, dismay, outrage, sadness, shock, confusion, and painful TMJ. 

I would not have believed it possible, but my heart grew another size so that I can hate Carly even more. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Dear Carly,

STFU you screeching, harpy, shrew. Jesus!

Signed,

My bleeding ears

Adorable Wiley stole the show today. He's a better actor than most of the cast. Too bad the poor kid is doomed to be part of the Corinthos clan.

Willow doesn't deserve the heartbreak coming her way.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I have a tiny bit of hope that might happen when the Qs hear about this (emphasis on tiny since Tracy has left PC again). I am happy for Monica that she gains a great grandchild after all the losses she has survived. I want a scene of Monica in the Q crypt, talking to AJ and Alan's spirits about his grandson/ their great grandson. 

I doubt it because this was done to Michael. They already hate Nelle for what she had already done to him.

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I don't think it's about any official confidentiality. I think Jordan, Taggert and those dead former DEA agents did something illegal in order to get Cyrus behind bars and he found out and is now killing them off.

Oh, I agree there's definitely something shady that the bunch of them were doing, based on Jordan's and Taggert's conversation the other day. But if she wanted to dissemble, IMO,  telling a partial truth would have placated Curtis instead of causing him to vow that he'd track down the truth.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Bingo. To expand on that, this responsible nice-guy type who's always in control of his emotions and tries to do the right thing is the worst way to use Duell. We see that on the rare occasions when he gets to do something else. I thought he got off to a great start in the prison scenes with Carter, when he was terrified. He was good when he rebelled against Sonny and Carly and was saying hateful things to them. More recently, he was really good when he was pretending to be a drunk to help Jason escape jail in the neighboring town, during the DoD investigation. 

I thought he was pretty good in "The Bay," where he played a real jerk.  Was sorry he didn't come back to reprise the role for the next season because I don't care for his replacement.

Unlike many, I've really liked this story line, and I was excited for the big reveal.  What a terrible waste.  On what planet did the writers decide this should be about Carly?  Shut up!  nobody wants to listen to that shrieking, and this should have been all brad and michael, and definitely, Lucas.  Instead the shrieking banshee was let loose to lead the reveal.

What a joke.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, lb60 said:

Dear Carly,

STFU you screeching, harpy, shrew. Jesus!

Signed,

My bleeding ears

Adorable Wiley stole the show today. He's a better actor than most of the cast. Too bad the poor kid is doomed to be part of the Corinthos clan.

Willow doesn't deserve the heartbreak coming her way.

Yes, the baby is so adorable!  I love his expressions, and he seems so happy!  I don't want him to end up with with crazy Nelle, OR, screeching banshee Carly.   He'd be better off with Willow and Chase.  And by far. 

• Love 4

Why wasn't Jason, Enforcer Extraordinaire and the biggest Mary Sue that ever Mary Sued, wearing gloves?  He put his fingerprints on the door handle of the place he blew up.  The stupid, it burns.

Brad and Lucas, extras in their own stolen baby reveal. 

And Trina and Cam were awesome.  I don't know why they take a back seat to the dull duo, Joss and Dev.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

n what planet did the writers decide this should be about Carly? 

Because Sonny and Jason were otherwise disposed?  For real, though, can there be one big storyline that she doesn't stick her self-righteous, screeching self in?  The scenes with her yelling at Brad and everyone seemingly waiting their turn reminded me of that scene in "Airplane" where all the passengers are lined up to slap the hysterical woman.  I guess it'll be Julian's turn tomorrow?  And, hey, maybe if were lucky, Joss can some sashaying in and start yelling. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Today's episode was so lackluster. We were fortunate that Sonny wasn't there to add his stuttering indignation to the SheBeast screeching. I'm glad the truth has come out, it just wasn't satisfying.

The Trina/Taggert reunion was good and I'm sorry Willow didn't smash Nelle's head in.

• Love 1

Characters who caught my eye the last couple of days:

Lucas..... Grunting out your memories is not a great look, but it sure is hilarious! Thanks for the giggles. (Oh, and eat more fiber.)

Bobbie... Why is she dressed like a hooker? I know she used to be one, but that was ages ago.  Surely she has a new wardrobe by now.

Cam and Trina... Why is Cam still thinking about boring Joss when awesome Trina is RIGHT THERE? ( I think he’s about to ask himself that same question, though.)

Random Bodyguard... Oh, look, Gru got a new job!

A5BC5E59-9622-4CA6-8847-E2065113DCEC.jpeg.0f5f76e03ad428528db7726ba71cdcd3.jpeg2EC0F342-C12D-4867-9BA2-88F1E2D5460B.jpeg.7f021128c0be2792415ca44abd42d002.jpeg

• Love 4

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The warehouse stuff was so silly, as was Sonny's jailhouse conversation. So much stupid posturing.

Stunning how the execution of the jailhouse/warehouse scenes were superior than that of the reveal of Jonah.

SHUT UP CARLY.

So now the audience is supposed to be OK with Sonny and Jason because stopping merely one shipment trumps a daytime shooting in a bar in Brooklyn and the near-fatal shooting of a mayor of their home turf?

It's past time that Sonny and Carly (and Jason and Sam) go on vacation (preferably a cruise).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wiley's sneeze was adorable.

13 hours ago, bannana said:

And he kept saying Mama, which I am pretty sure was not part of the script!

It was! And at one point, he said "I know!!!!!" Well, it sounded like he said it! And I won't lie, I just watched Baby Wiley in those scenes, smiling as he was smiling at whoever was off camera--his mother? twin? Because, they use twin babies, right? Bet he saw his real Mama, and started saying it. I just wanted to scoop him up.

12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not so far, but the only people in that room right now older than Carly are Julian (who may not know that bit of history) and Bobbie (who isn't about to bring that up while her son is crying and his marriage is imploding). I have a tiny bit of hope that might happen when the Qs hear about this (emphasis on tiny since Tracy has left PC again). I am happy for Monica that she gains a great grandchild after all the losses she has survived. I want a scene of Monica in the Q crypt, talking to AJ and Alan's spirits about his grandson/ their great grandson. 

Or how she (Bobbie) did her own bit of kidnapping Lucas for her own back in the day. I bit the bullet and listened to that Harpy; demanding and pointing her finger as if she had the moral high ground (HAH!) and screeching. The Total Tone Deafness as she yelled at Brad was just...I have no words, but so fucking typical of this show.

And while I'm glad the stoopid sekrit is out, how LAME was it that Lucas just flatly said: "Michael. Wiley is your son."

11 hours ago, rur said:

Oh, I agree there's definitely something shady that the bunch of them were doing, based on Jordan's and Taggert's conversation the other day. But if she wanted to dissemble, IMO,  telling a partial truth would have placated Curtis instead of causing him to vow that he'd track down the truth.

This recast of Jordan is just so BAD. There is no affect; she has the SAME EXPRESSION for every damn circumstance. And if I heard correctly, isn't Curtis a former cop because he did something...shady? Or wrong? And even if he didn't, he's her HUSBAND. She should trust that he would keep her sekrit and understand, after all the work he's done for Valentin.

I loved Trina's happy "DAD!" when Taggert walked into Kelly's.

Oh, oh, oh! Taggert and Mac Reunion!!!!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This recast of Jordan is just so BAD. There is no affect; she has the SAME EXPRESSION for every damn circumstance. And if I heard correctly, isn't Curtis a former cop because he did something...shady? Or wrong? And even if he didn't, he's her HUSBAND. She should trust that he would keep her sekrit and understand, after all the work he's done for Valentin.

Curtis was a former DEA agent and partner with Jordan, and she turned him in because he became an addict while undercover.

• Love 1