Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

Just now, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why is it that wardrobe and hair and makeup hate KS so much? She looks super cute in her Instagram pics AND videos so I know it is mite than just her talking a thousand selfies and picking out the good one. She always looks awful on GH. Her hair looks limp and dirty with too many days of dry shampoo. Her makeup looks caked on. We have already addressed the eyelashes. And wardrobe? Do they think she is in her fifties?

Show did the same thing with Kimberly McCullough. Made her look as unattractive as possible, and when you go to her blog, you can see how pretty and attractive she actually is. And the show doesn't do Genie any favors, either.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maxie'e eyebrows, the eyelashes, the shiny face, the hair flipped over and the color. . . it was all pretty bad.

Sadly, I agree.  The hair bothers me the most, it looks greasy and stuck to her head.  Kirsten Storms is so pretty.  She deserves better.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why is it that wardrobe and hair and makeup hate KS so much? She looks super cute in her Instagram pics AND videos so I know it is more than just her talking a thousand selfies and picking out the good one. She always looks awful on GH. Her hair looks limp and dirty as if she has gone too many days using dry shampoo. 

I think it's a combo of both. She looks better on instagram but her pictures are usually taken about a foot away from herself, something usually partially covers her face and there's a filter. But obviously on the show her make-up and hair are horrible. Her scarring can't be that severe and we can see it anyway so they should just do her normally. It's very annoying at this point. They would never put a chicken on her head and expect the audience not to notice so I don't know why they don't think the horrible clothes and make up isn't noticable.

But then this is the show that lets Steve Burton walk around with that hairdo.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But then this is the show that lets Steve Burton walk around with that hairdo.

And doesn't blink at the black shoe polish on Maurice's hair.

On the other end of the spectrum, in the last couple days I've been dazzled (seriously) by Nik and Colonel Sanders's skin.  It's seriously beautiful.

• Love 4

So are they going the route that Charlotte isn't Valentin's? The idea was that Helena wanted Stavros and Lulu to have a baby, right? But when that didn't work she used Val because he was Stavros' brother? Or am I completely mixed up? Is Charlotte not a Cassadine or is she not Valentin's? And why do I care? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I knew Valentin was a fakeout before he "saw" Nina run in and yell at him that he would never see her or Charlotte again. NO WAY would he shoot Jax at point blank range in front of teenage Josslyn and upstanding teacher Dustin (or any reliable witnesses).  Script error: Valentin said on the phone to Charlotte "nothing Daddy can't fix." He and Charlotte always refer to him as "Papa." Has Valentin always had that big tattoo? I assume he's going to just be talking to a figment of his imagination in a red dress/coat and we'll never actually get to see Helena's face or hear her respond.

Brad gets stupider by the day. As does Sam. I don't get what Epiphany means by "my people" but I liked her reprimanding/yelling at Jasam.

WTG, Finn. I don't feel sorry for Anna. If she never actually thought that protecting Peter would bring consequences, she's just as bad as Sam. Peter is an adult who has chosen to lie and commit crimes like Jason; Violet is an innocent little girl like Danny or Scout and needs to be protected. Today she strongly reminded me of Sam with all the weeping and attempts to justify her actions and wanting Finn to give Peter the benefit of the doubt out of love for her. Ummm...he already went into a dangerous situation and saved Peter's life for your sake, Anna. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

WTG, Finn. I don't feel sorry for Anna. If she never actually thought that protecting Peter would bring consequences, she's just as bad as Sam. Peter is an adult who has chosen to lie and commit crimes like Jason; Violet is an innocent little girl like Danny or Scout and needs to be protected. Today she strongly reminded me of Sam with all the weeping and attempts to justify her actions and wanting Finn to give Peter the benefit of the doubt out of love for her. Ummm...he already went into a dangerous situation and saved Peter's life for your sake, Anna. 

Like someone else posted up thread (I can't remember if it was you, @Bringonthedrama), Heinrik isn't five years old, that he needs to be protected, but a grown ass, whiny-boy man. HE set up the circumstances that got Nathan killed. Will Maxie hand wave that away? Oh, wait. I forgot what show I'm watching. No way they'll go back and bring that up.

So based on the above, the scene with Finn yelling at Anna, telling her that Heinrik is a murderer was good? I'll be cheering? It's a sad day that I'm actually looking forward to scenes where Anna gets ripped a new one, because these asshole writers continue to massacre and demolish a once great character. I had such hopes when Finola returned. Shoulda known betta.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So are they going the route that Charlotte isn't Valentin's?

I really hope not. All that idiocy between him and Lulu for nothing? That's so disrespectful to the audience, IMO. Especially when it hasn't been set up. I hate the Wiley story, but at least it's been consistent that Michael is his unwitting (heh) father.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So are they going the route that Charlotte isn't Valentin's? The idea was that Helena wanted Stavros and Lulu to have a baby, right? But when that didn't work she used Val because he was Stavros' brother? Or am I completely mixed up? Is Charlotte not a Cassadine or is she not Valentin's? And why do I care?

Well, Valentin is still be Stavros's brother, albeit not on the Cassadine side.  So, right, if Charlotte isn't reconned into not being Val's, she's not a Cassadine, but she would still have Helena's evil genes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I knew Valentin was a fakeout before he "saw" Nina run in and yell at him that he would never see her or Charlotte again.

Fakeout or not, the acting was horrible on all sides.

Here's a bucket for your tears, dumb!Anna. I'm glad Finn told her what's up then took his kid and left. Peter is trash, Anna. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is there something new for her to spill? Peter was able to torpedo the current investigation because he heard Robert and Anna fighting.

Unpopular opinion but i'm not a fan of Robert. I missed or forgot most of his first go around so maybe that is where all the love comes from and I missed it. I remember him when Mac was raising Robin and I thought he was acting like an ass or a bully most of the time especially with Mac. I just haven't seen him change.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Is there something new for her to spill? Peter was able to torpedo the current investigation because he heard Robert and Anna fighting.

ETA: I haven't seen today's ep yet, so this might be a dumb question/response.

No one has said anything at all to Maxie about all the stuff they think Peter has done.

On another topic, Emma has got to be recast. Her "acting" is dire. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No one has said anything at all to Maxie about all the stuff they think Peter has done.

Gotcha. I think Maxie will defend Peter. Anna is. Plus, Maxie is in too deep not to.

Ugh, we had to hear Sam and Jason's stupid theme music because they're in a situation of their own making? That's laying it on pretty thick, Show. Epic fail in making me feel sorry for them. Not that I ever will.

Oh, Willow. Honey, that dress is a big fat NO. Is she in high school in the '90s? Thank goodness she immediately changed.

Yes, Sam, antagonize the person who can put you back in jail. God, she's just galactically stupid.

I hate that Pip is on Sam and Jason's side, even with the scolding she gave them.

Shut up, Anna. You know Finn is 100 percent correct about Peter.

• Love 5

Yes, Sam, antagonize the person who can put you back in jail. God, she's just galactically stupid.

"You had no right to stop by my house."  Is she serious with this bullshit?  Surprise visits from parole officers are standard. 

I hate that Pip is on Sam and Jason's side, even with the scolding she gave them.

The scolding was barely anything.  Her whole "no one pushes MY PEOPLE around" bullshit is typical on this show.  Honestly, fuck her. 

• Love 5

YES! Go Finn! I swear, I couldn’t believe how Anna was twisting herself to make excuses for Heinrik! What is he, 5? And I couldn’t even get excited when Finn, Finn now pointed out that it was possible that Heinrik was Alex’s spawn! And then this, this POD!!!!!ANNA pulls a Mooby and says she “FEELS” as if this cretin is her spawn.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Oh Lord. Please tell me that that black lacy thing visible on Ava’s chest was a camisole and not her BRA for all to see!

Good GOD. If I had some how missed that Valentin shooting Jax was a fantasy, then Jax’s scared look and raising his arms would have done it. Like Jax is easily scared by a gun being pointed at him.🙄🙄🙄 Are they setting up a Mini-SHEBEAST developing a crush on her teacher plot? Good Grief.🙄🙄🙄

As someone up thread stated: Sam is the STOOPIDEST STOOPID WHO EVER STOOPIDED! With her you have no right to go to my house or to check up on me/track me down. And even after Epiphany SAVED HER worthless ASS, she STILL didn’t listen, but thinks to ultimately, what, kill Delores?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

On another topic, Emma has got to be recast. Her "acting" is dire. 

It’s gotten worse, if that’s even possible. I don’t know if she’s ever taken acting classes, but honestly, she should. And I’m not saying this in any type of rude way. One of the main problems she has is her delivery—it’s very robotic & stilted. If someone can help her be natural it would go a long way.

• Love 3

The show actually opened with that Jasam theme music, with Sam sobbing and a chemistry-free Jasam clinch. I seriously wondered whether I could go on.  

That music sounds so listless and tired that I'm now thinking of it as "Kelly's Theme," à la "Nadia's Theme." It could become an ice-skating standby, for skaters who do as little as possible and get the lowest scores.    

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Lord. Please tell me that that black lacy thing visible on Ava’s chest was a camisole and not her BRA for all to see!

Also, when she said that now Nina was free to pursue a relationship, and she was leaning over Nina's chair with the camera getting the cleavage shot, a new viewer might have thought she meant with her. Weird blocking and wardrobe choices aside, this is now my favorite female friendship on General Hospital since...um....have I liked any others in the last ten years? Robin and Liz? Diane and Alexis? But this is my favorite one that we're getting to see regularly. The actors have a lot to do with it. I don't think any writing would have made it work with Stafford's Nina.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

Ugh, the only way Anna is gonna come back from this is if she is the one who ultimately takes down/kills Peter. ....through her tears I'm sure.

I am finding defiant, shouty Finn much more appealing than listless, somber Finn! 

• Love 4

Willow is REALLY starting to annoy me. Of course there's NO WAY she'll refuse to stay within the boundaries. Granted, I didn't watch for the year after Lucas and Brad got Wiley, but her remark about how Wiley is being treated as a second thought, and is not Lucas or Brad's first priority, just irked me. Where did she come with this judgy judgment? Because Brad's been spiraling since Lucas went into a coma and clearly needed help with Wiley? But now that Lucas is awake, and he rehired her, that means that Wiley isn't a priority for Lucas?

And of course, she, as his mother, would make sure he'd be top priority and would be able to step back, when asked to, right?

I wish they'd be done with story line already.

• Love 2

Yeah Willow manipulating Lucas into rehiring her made me very uncomfortable. And what happens when Lucas goes home from the hospital and eventually back to work? Will she once again claim that they're not putting the child first and therefore it's her responsibility to do so? She seems to forget that she gave him up for adoption. Yes, Brad and Lucas both were very grateful for her help getting Shiloh away from Wiley and graciously offered to welcome her as part of Wiley's life. That doesn't mean she gets to decide what is and isn't best for the child, or insert herself in Brad and Lucas' marriage. 

There's no way she'll be able to step back, and it's nice that at least Chase sees it, even if he won't explicitly call her out on it.

Just wait until she finds out Wiley isn't really hers (if the truth is ever revealed to all).

• Love 3

I used to really enjoy the Emma actress, I still get teary remembering her shouting “mommy” and running to Robin when she bust in on Patrick’s wedding.  As a child she was good (imo) but now...not so much.

Anna being so skinny doesn’t bother me as she’s always been thin, but her hair is what really bothers me.  It’s so limp and lifeless and could maybe use a brush.

LOL at Dustin getting all dressed up to go see Jax.  I mean, I would want to look my best when meeting him too!

You know I’ve said it before but everyone needs to back the fuck off Brad.  We know what’s going on but no one else does, so is him being friends with Nelle really that big of a deal??  Mostly everyone in this town has at least been accused of murder, if not flat out committed it.  I guess since she went after the saintly Sonny and Co. it’s unforgivable.  Meh.

• Love 2

I started watching TFGH back in the late '70s but a few years back--about the time that Steve Burton returned--I realized my blood pressure could no longer handle the rage induced by Saint Sonny always.getting.away.with.everything, in addition to sanctimonious Carly. I keep rowing the dinghy back here a couple of times a year HOPING it's safe to go back to the dry land of Port Charles but apparently, my stay on the barge is a permanent one.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Constance Towers looks so incredibly fabulous. 

Also, did they just make Lulu and Valentin half-siblings with a child? 

Well, it was all in his head, so who knows?

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

You know I’ve said it before but everyone needs to back the fuck off Brad.

Seriously. I also hate how everyone is acting like his falling apart is some sort of moral failure. Excuse him for having a husband in a coma and a small child at home. I do think the show is overdoing his I-can't-handle-Wiley stuff, given that Wiley has always been at the GH daycare or with Bobbie, and it's not as if Brad doesn't have options. But Wiley hasn't been neglected in any way. Brad hasn't forgotten to feed him or anything serious like that. 

13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Constance Towers looks so incredibly fabulous. 

Yay! I'm so glad they actually brought her back instead of using some random double whose face we never see.

• Love 7

They certainly don't dress her like she's a major player at what is supposed to be a high-fashion magazine. I don't need to see Maxie in couture, but the stuff she wears is really dumpy-looking on her. 

Whether you liked what she wore or not, I thought MS's Nina did a good job of looking like the e-in-c of a fashion magazine, and CW's Nina is holding that line well, too. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Not watching but how would that even work?  Did they say that Laura is Valentine's mother or that Helena impregnated herself with Luke's sperm?  I know reality is not really something that GH adheres too but I feel like Helena has been past her child-bearing age as long as she has known Luke.

• Useful 1

For those who wondered, Valentin was quoting Edmund's soliloquey from King Lear. I think it's rather apt:

This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune, often the surfeit of our own behaviour, we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars; as if we were villains on necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treachers by spherical pre-dominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers by an enforc'd obedience of planetary influence; and all that we are evil in, by a divine thrusting on. An admirable evasion of whore-master man, to lay his goatish disposition to the charge of a star! My father compounded with my mother under the Dragon's Tail, and my nativity was under Ursa Major, so that it follows I am rough and lecherous. Fut! I should have been that I am, had the maidenliest star in the firmament twinkled on my bastardizing.

I have never liked Valentin so much as I did today, with Helena and later Alexis.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Not watching but how would that even work?  Did they say that Laura is Valentine's mother or that Helena impregnated herself with Luke's sperm?  I know reality is not really something that GH adheres too but I feel like Helena has been past her child-bearing age as long as she has known Luke.

Helena and Luke's son.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but didn't they say that Luke and Helena had an affair sometime before TG retired?

I know it's supposed to be in his head, but Helena told him to work it out and that's what he came up with. 

• Love 1
Just now, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I know you said this is in Valentine's head but why would Helena mix Valentine's sperm with Lulu's egg knowing that Luke was the father of both of them? That seems twisted, even for Helena.

Something about blood purity and getting one up on Mikkos.

• Love 2

For what it's worth, this is what I got out of that extremely convoluted conversation between Valentin and Helena:   That she engineered a child combining her DNA and Luke's by creating Charlotte in a petrie dish.    Valentin's sperm = son of Helena + LuLu's egg = daughter of Luke and Laura.   ------   She knows it would/will drive Luke an Laura crazy to find out that the three of them now share a grandchild and that their genes are intertwined in Charlotte.   -------   I could be wrong, but I think that's what I heard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Well, just for funsies, James Patrick Stewart is only 4 years older than Tyler Christopher (I know he's not the current Nik, but still), I say that means Luke could be the father.

• Love 2

Yes she did, @ulkis.   Were you watching back in the heyday of L and L when they got married and Elizabeth Taylor played Helena for 5 minutes?   She put a curse of them, if I recall.   Was she PO'd because Luke had the hots for Laura and not her?   Soooo long ago; I forget.

• Love 1

Helena already shares spawn with Laura, so I guess she might want to fuck with Luke some more by giving him a grand kid to share with her.  That doesn't actually make any sense. 

Maybe she couldn't use Stavros anymore and she just had the egg laying around and though "Hey, I know what would REALLY get under Luke's skin" and since she didn't have a hair appointment that afternoon, Charlotte happened. 

• LOL 2

Luke and Helena have always had a bizarre psychosexual thing between them.

There was one scene -- post Liz , but pre Constance -- where Helena was supposed to be dying. I don't remember if she asked to see Luke or if Luke found out she was dying and went to see her and gloat, but she was old (but still brunette) and haggard, truly looking like a witch, and Luke climbed into bed with her, fully clothed, to both flirt with and taunt her. 

Edited by rur
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The implication wasn't that Luke was Helena's baby daddy.  Valentin said Charlotte was the heir to Helena (Val's mom) and Luke (Lulu's dad).  Becuase of Helena's obsession with Luke, she'd want an heir with him, ergo Charlotte.

Or what ladyrain said!!

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 4