Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ciarra said:

I doubt someone comatose in a long term care facility would be wearing a skintight tshirt.  Are the attendants supposed to wrestle him in and out of that for a spongebath?

Can't blame them, though. Lucas does have nice pecks.

• LOL 3

I hope Chase grows the beard back, he looks odd without it.

Willow confuses me.  For the most part I like the character, but the actress is all over the place.  As someone mentioned earlier, sometimes she has a calculating look on her face.  I don’t know if that’s on purpose though, maybe it’s the actress thinking of her next line while someone else speaks?

I enjoyed Snarky Finn and his cracks at Sam.  Those two actually do have some chemistry together, she seems slightly less sleepy when talking to him.

Ava looked gorgeous in that scene with Nina.  The makeup and hair - understated and fabulous.  Nina looked nice too, it looks like the wardrobe people are dressing her better and she looks a bit more believable as a fashion editor.  I don’t even mind her with Jax, I think he might elevate her the same way he (temporarily) elevated Carly.

13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really need someone to shake Anna out of this!

Ugh, I doubt anyone will. Anna has too much guilt about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she and Finn ended their engagement over this. 

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She's either trying to signal that Willow is going to ask for Wiley back

More ugh. I hope not. I really liked that she was legit fine with giving up Wiley. It was such a refreshing change from the grabbiness around kids that we're usually stuck with.

11 hours ago, nilyank said:

the Storm Troopers Academy for Shooting.

I believe Shawn was an instructor there before he came to Port Charles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

As someone mentioned earlier, sometimes she has a calculating look on her face.  

I've noticed it too!   She's not the best actress in the world, so she may not even realize she's doing it.   Or maybe she does, and it's part of the script.   But she's such a good two shoes character that it would be quite interesting if she turned out to be villian - y.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, TVbitch said:

So far Emma is not showing that her acting has matured any better than Spencers. 

That was disappointing, wasn't it.   Charlotte and Violet are better actors.   And I say this with love for BS.   Adore the character.   But . . . . . .

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I doubt anyone will. Anna has too much guilt about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she and Finn ended their engagement over this. 

Yeah, I know. I just wish the new writers had reversed this maternity-that Alex was indeed Heinrik’s mother. Hell I believe it; just wish they’d come up with soap opera proof to convince Anna of it, so the blubbering and guilt would STOP. I’m sick of this plot. Because I could have sworn Anna found proof Alex spawned Heinrik, and that’s why she left, to go find her(while Finola went on vacation); and she said there was no point in telling Heinrik because it would hurt his widdle feewings; but then they changed it to some stupid WSB mission.😒😒😒😒

• Love 1
On 2/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know! So many tone-deaf statements by so many!

The first one by the Borg himself! Telling Micheal that Renault has “a long arm...reputation for violence.”🙄🙄🙄😆😆😆😆 Like he and Mooby are law abiding citizens who don’t commit violence? Like Jason doesn’t have a reputation for killing?

Oh Laura! Did the bullet kill some of your brain cells? Mooby likes to “avoid violence when he can”? That Renault is “forcing his hand”?

Mooby looked so...ineffective in his scenes. Like a has been. Renault looked more menacing and dangerous by just smiling. Too bad he’s gonna lose and die in this war.

SHUT UP POD!Anna! And you too, Emma, with all these “Uncle Peters”!!!😒😒😒 You’ve only known him for two years! And via fucking Face Time! UGH. It’s so gross.

But yeah, Brooklyn looks at least 15!

Wait. Taggert is retired? Or was that part of the lie?

And FUCK YOU Show, for making Taggert dirty!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Jordan has the worst poker face.

And Sam? STFU!!! Finn doesn’t have to HELP you do anything! And could she have been more irked at learning Lucas was awake?

Typical SheBeast, walking around, telling people what to do, and taking Wiley as if she owns him. Took him away from Lucas when he told HER it was fine and he wanted to hold his son!

I will say I had forgotten the age of BS. I thought she was 16 by now. I’m sure she’d tower over KMc. She isn’t a great actress even now but it’s nice to see her from time to time. I agree with all of the Peter love they’re giving her. FV has dug his heels in and he wants Wes Ramsey to stay. He’d do anything from making Anna a blubbering idiot, her turning on Robert and bring in Emma to prop him up. I’m sure Wes Ramsey is glad he was in the parking lot of the studio that fateful day when he was picking up Laura Wright. Ain’t we lucky?!?! LOL!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

I mean, WR isn’t horrible. But the character certainly is poorly written. Either make him straight up evil or truly repentant, and then show him trying to make amends for his past actions. What they’re doing is not that. He doesn’t want to get caught because he loves Maxie and James, and he’s afraid he’ll be found out.  He’s grateful to Anna that she withheld information from the police but he’s not being honest with her,  there’s just no rooting value to Peter, and WR isn’t romantic leading man material.

• Love 6
On 2/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

SHUT UP POD!Anna! And you too, Emma, with all these “Uncle Peters”!!!😒😒😒 You’ve only known him for two years! And via fucking Face Time! UGH. It’s so gross.

But yeah, Brooklyn looks at least 15!

Wait. Taggert is retired? Or was that part of the lie?

And FUCK YOU Show, for making Taggert dirty!!!

Um, yeah. Just reading this made me ever so glad I still don't watch. And I don't want to hate Emma as she is Robin and Patrick's child, so that's for the best. But seriously, Taggert is dirty?! Nope. Nyet. Nay! Miss me with that shit.

• Love 2

The actor who plays Taggert doesn’t look good. Between his bad knee(s) and, stilted acting he’s not adding anything to the show with Jordan and some dead person we never heard of. I know they have to give Jordan a storyline because BNH & Donnell don’t have any sexual (or anything in general) chemistry but this storyline isn’t helping matters. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

there’s just no rooting value to Peter,

I will be rooting* for a guy that has kept Jason off my screen for five years and is repulsed by Spinelli/Sam/Jason. 

*'rooting' in the sense that I have the capability of rooting for any human that commits violence for convenience or better standing.

• Love 3

I like Peter in general.  He makes some boneheaded and disgusting decisions, but there is something in the way that he seems to care.  Like, he knew he was wrong when he tried to kill Andre and Franco, but he did it anyway.  There is something in the way he expresses himself without words that helps me not hate his guts.

Unlike someone who just stares and blinks and then murders people without a single thought or qualm.

• Love 3

I don't think Taggert is dirty per se. Whatever the idiotic sekrit with Jordan is (WE NEVER CARED), it happened in the past. And however Bob Sacamano (whatever) is involved, WE NEVER CARED. 

I don't know what's more annoying, bringing up characters we never knew and don't care about or connecting new characters to people already on the canvas and then forgetting the ties. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The actor who plays Taggert doesn’t look good. Between his bad knee(s) and, stilted acting he’s not adding anything to the show with Jordan and some dead person we never heard of. I know they have to give Jordan a storyline because BNH & Donnell don’t have any sexual (or anything in general) chemistry but this storyline isn’t helping matters. 

2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I commented on Real Andrews’ appearance the day he first appeared. Glad I am not the only one. 

And someone up thread mentioned he's fighting a battle with cancer. So that explains his physical tics, for the lack of a better word.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:51 AM, Kiki777 said:

Willow confuses me.  For the most part I like the character, but the actress is all over the place.  As someone mentioned earlier, sometimes she has a calculating look on her face. 

I think she was calculating in her scene with Lucas, to make sure she, not Nelle, would be the one to take care of Wiley until Lucas has recovered. She lets Lucas know that Brad has been erratic/can't be trusted, so he makes a decision without consulting Brad to hire her. Brad has yet to show any sort of backbone where Nelle is concerned because he's afraid. Now if Nelle shows up somewhere and tries to hold/take care of Wiley and Brad doesn't shut her down, Willow can go tattle to Lucas about Brad's poor judgement regarding their son's safety. 

• Love 3

Joss telling Trina she needs to watch out for Ava while being the offspring of Carly and living with Sonny makes me twitchy, especially since it is done without a hint of irony. Trina pointing out that not everyone has a billionaire dad to open doors for them made the twitching worse. She's not wrong, but to not argue that Sonny should be steered clear of, especially seeing as how his family was just targeted because of who he is, shows that you can change writers but these new ones are still completely tone deaf.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Trina really call Sonny a billionaire? He's a multimillionaire in the low eight-figure range at most.

I think she was referring to Jax not Sonny. Sonny is not Joss’ dad.

• Love 6

I see Carly was talking to/at Brando in an exam room, and my first thought was, "he already got shot for her, hasn't he suffered enough?"  It's so gross that she wants leverage against him and his mom. 

Glad that Robert gave Anna crap for pressuring/demanding that he look the other way regarding Peter since he's done it for her and other agents in the past. That argument *might* work if Peter had ever served/worked for the WSB - is she getting medication that causes stupidity/memory failure in her tea? I can't tell if that last moment was Peter glaring at Robert or giving him a look of "are you betraying my mother?"

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Gam2 said:
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Trina really call Sonny a billionaire? He's a multimillionaire in the low eight-figure range at most.

I think she was referring to Jax not Sonny. Sonny is not Joss’ dad.

Wow, I just drank the Kool-Aid there. I am so ashamed. (Though I don't see Jax as a billionaire, either, TBH. But I do think he has more dough than Sonny, even if the show probably doesn't want me to.)

• Love 2

Robert spilling truth tea is always good. He should remind Anna that Peter might not even be her son while he's at it.

Also, thank God we're almost done with the Anna / Finn pairing. Because they're boring AF.

Brando actor is cute. Keep the she-beast away from him. 

STFU, Joss! Leave Trina alone with your Ava hate. You don't need to drag her down that road. Also, Sonny is a mobster who turned on a bunch of people.

Did Sonny say Mike died at the end of the episode while he was on the phone? He mumbled so much that that's what I heard.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I see Carly was talking to/at Brando in an exam room, and my first thought was, "he already got shot for her, hasn't he suffered enough?"  It's so gross that she wants leverage against him and his mom. 

Yes, let's just forget that he saved her miserable and skanky ass. Oh no, let's just go with "did you know who I was when you saved me" nonsense. Or whatever she spewed in last week's preview.

30 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Glad that Robert gave Anna crap for pressuring/demanding that he look the other way regarding Peter since he's done it for her and other agents in the past. That argument *might* work if Peter had ever served/worked for the WSB - is she getting medication that causes stupidity/memory failure in her tea? I can't tell if that last moment was Peter glaring at Robert or giving him a look of "are you betraying my mother?"

Good. Not that it will accomplish anything. But at least he continues to keep calling her out on it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did Sonny say Mike died at the end of the episode while he was on the phone? He mumbled so much that that's what I heard.

I'd be really shocked if that were the case. No way they're going to deny MB his Emmy bait.

8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Robert spilling truth tea is always good. He should remind Anna that Peter might not even be her son while he's at it.

I want Robert, or someone to point out to Anna that when Maxie sounds like Anna in her defensiveness,  you know there's a serious problem of judgement.

Sonny mumbled so much I have no idea what was going on with the end of the phone conversation - Show lost me after Sonny said he intended to see his dad but then he was unable to do so.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny asked something about Mike and then said, (I think) "He's not?" So, I'm guessing where ever Mike's supposed to be, he isn't. And that the Russian mobster will probably be blamed for it. 

Also, I found it amusing, and typical, that Carly's first question to Brando was if he saved her because of who she was. GH has to be the least secure hospital in the world, considering the number of people who just invade the rooms of the patients there.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's what I thought he said, too, but when there was no reaction from Sonny, I figured I just misheard.  Don't they give elocution lessons in acting school?  Geez........

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

To think I had hope for Joss once upon a time. Carly’s kids are the worst. I do like that they have Trina standing up for herself and not giving into whatever Joss wants though. Gives me hope that they’ll make her more than a sidekick 

• Love 7

I just love Trina.

I just loathe Sonny.

Given that the show has done zip with its only other guy who used to be in the military and struggled with drugs before getting clean, do we really need another one of them? (Which is in no way meant to be a criticism of the US military or its veterans and their struggles. But TBTB did nothing with Amy's brother whose name I can't remember, other than use him as the excuse for that awful Man Landers story. I think he has popped up once since then, at The Floating Rib as a bartender? And the actor is actually a veteran himself, right?)

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Given that the show has done zip with its only other guy who used to be in the military and struggled with drugs before getting clean, do we really need another one of them?

Oh, yeah. I'd totally forgotten about that. I'm fine if they wanted to bring in another military guy, I wish they made him someone who knew Drew at least. 

But I forgot that we must wipe everything Drew from our collective memories. And for that, fuck you, show.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I just love Trina.

Me too.  Sidney Mikayla is such a terrific actress; I hope she can parley this gig into something bigger, though I'd hate to see her leave.   And the character is so spunky and believable.    I enjoy every scene she's in.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I just love Trina.

I just loathe Sonny.

Given that the show has done zip with its only other guy who used to be in the military and struggled with drugs before getting clean, do we really need another one of them? (Which is in no way meant to be a criticism of the US military or its veterans and their struggles. But TBTB did nothing with Amy's brother whose name I can't remember, other than use him as the excuse for that awful Man Landers story. I think he has popped up once since then, at The Floating Rib as a bartender? And the actor is actually a veteran himself, right?)

His name is Chet, played by Chris Van Etten and yes, he is a vet... as well as one of the writers of As Sonny's World Turns. 

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, I just drank the Kool-Aid there. I am so ashamed. (Though I don't see Jax as a billionaire, either, TBH. But I do think he has more dough than Sonny, even if the show probably doesn't want me to.)

I always thought Jax and Nik were the wealthiest on this show followed by the Quartermaines, though their wealth was more assets and investments rather than liquid (Mil being almost all liquid and Jax a mix). Then third tier wealth was Sonny. Then you had most everyone else except Elizabeth who was supposedly perpetually poor for some stupid reason.

And yes, I have thought about this waaaaaay too much.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 2

Wow, Joss is a terrible friend to Trina. "Ava's so awesome." "Yeah, until she's not." That can apply to just about everyone on the planet, Joss. Quit being a buzzkill and shut up.

I had to laugh at Carly's reaction that Brando had no idea who she was when he rushed into the firefight (or so he claims). She can't rag on him for wanting to curry favor with Sonny, and she's insulted he didn't know who she was. Hee.

I also liked the less-than-subtle dig that if Sonny's people did so much investigating into Brando, why didn't they know he wasn't dead?

Gross that Carly pries about what caused Brando's PTSD. He should have told her to stuff it. It's none of her business. UGH. But LOL she goes all dainty when Brando could give her absolute proof why Dev couldn't possibly be his son.

I wish they'd have Maxie leave Crimson and start her own magazine. It's a bore listening to her complain about how she does all the work and Nina takes all the credit. (That wasn't today, but it's a common beef of hers.)

On totally different subject, my DVR cannot seem to record GH without problems. For a while I had the same issues with the Graham Norton Show on BBC America. I don't need protecting, DVR!

• Love 3

WAHOO!!! Robert used the Robin card! I don’t care-I LOVED it! And Anna just continues to look more and more unhinged.

UGH. I really wished Brando had told the Slagbeast what he did after he left the Marines was none of her business. Why does everyone give in and answer their nosy questions?

Of course Mooby and Jason are the PUREST, NON-RICO MOB EVAH! All other mobs smuggle drugs from Russia, to the Middle East to Seattle!!!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

STFU Mini Slagbeast. 

• Love 3

Brando is cute and has a bit of spice. Carly is clearly salivating underneath her outrageously entitled interrogation.  

If Spinelli is coming back, do we get Ellie too? I always liked her. Maxie and Spinelli better not do her dirty once Peter is exposed and Maxie is all heart-broken!

I like that Trina flat out called Sonny a mobster. They are not shying away from that word lately, like they used to. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Joss is a terrible friend to Trina. "Ava's so awesome." "Yeah, until she's not." That can apply to just about everyone on the planet, Joss. Quit being a buzzkill and shut up.

I am going to take Joss's side on this one. Ava had a huge hand in killing Morgan and it is widely known she killed Kate Howard. If someone did that to a member of my own family, let alone a sibling, I would probably do more than say she is a bitch.

2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I am going to take Joss's side on this one. Ava had a huge hand in killing Morgan and it is widely known she killed Kate Howard. If someone did that to a member of my own family, let alone a sibling, I would probably do more than say she is a bitch.

And Joss’s stepfather is a mafia mob boss who’s also a murdering thug. But Joss touts him as a good guy; and continues to defend his Mooby ass to her own father.

• Love 8
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Joss’s stepfather is a mafia mob boss who’s also a murdering thug. But Joss touts him as a good guy; and continues to defend his Mooby ass to her own father.

So what? She can't say bad things about a woman that got her brother killed? Of all of the hypocrisy on this show, this worries me the least.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

I honestly thought Carly was going in to talk to Lucas, because I mistook Brando for Lucas. The actors look enough alike to be brothers.

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was just about to do a search to see if a new Lucas had been hired when the conversation told me it was Brando. After all, I could understand Carly being in her brother's room, but . . . 

• Love 3

Trina looked so cute today in her jumper and turtleneck.  I really do love how she's both a good friend to Joss and yet doesn't think the sun shines out her ass. 

Also, was that bit about Gladys collecting on an insurance policy she had on Brando always part of the story?  I have no recollection of it, but what insurance company pays out simply because there's an obituary in the paper?  Don't they need a death certificate? 

I can't believe Spinelli is coming back.  This is like a nightmare. 

• Love 4

I do enjoy the Robert, Anna and Emma scenes. She might not be as strong an actress as KMc was at that age but TS really lit up when he saw her. It’s too bad there aren’t other kids her age on the soap to actually visit. Oddly enough, I think Eden McCoy was the same age as BS is now when she joined the GH. Now, she’s 16 and a veteran of the show. I like when kid actors grow up on soaps. I remember when Genie Francis started which was over 40 years ago. Am I really that old?

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Trina looked so cute today in her jumper and turtleneck.  I really do love how she's both a good friend to Joss and yet doesn't think the sun shines out her ass. 

Also, was that bit about Gladys collecting on an insurance policy she had on Brando always part of the story?  I have no recollection of it, but what insurance company pays out simply because there's an obituary in the paper?  Don't they need a death certificate? 

I can't believe Spinelli is coming back.  This is like a nightmare. 

I would like to see Ellie though. The hospital could use her.

• Love 3

I loved Trina calling Joss' over privileged ass out today.  Between Jax and Sonny, Joss will have any door she wants opened for her.  Everything will fall into her lap. Trina does not seem to envy Joss for that but felt a need to stick up for herself.  Trina is well aware that she will have to WORK for everything she gets.  Ava has not only been kind to her but has given her a great opportunity.  Trina is grateful and is enjoying learning about the art world from the ground up.   

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

So what? She can't say bad things about a woman that got her brother killed? Of all of the hypocrisy on this show, this worries me the least.

Morgan died in a car bombing because of a mob conflict. It was Ava's sister who set the bomb.

Joss just got safely out of a shooting that targeted her brother because her stepfather Sonny is a mob boss. Her mother was targeted in a second shooting and Sonny in a third. There is a mob war about to break out again because of Sonny being in the mob. Her mother's BFF is a cold-blooded mob enforcer with zero remorse for the people he's murdered.

Ava has done bad things but she is teaching Trina about art and business.  To make Ava teh evul while whitewashing Sonny and Jason is hypocrisy.

• Love 9

I’m so here for Trina not being peer pressured into joining on Joss A a train and actually spilling the truth to Joss. Trina deserves better friends then the spawn of Carly. I wish they would just soarsed Emma/Spencer and just have those two replace Dev and Joss in the teen scene. And please...don’t make Cam suffer by going Joss/Cam, the potential with Trina/Cam is right there for the taking. 

• Love 4