Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I found Brook annoying during her last return but I don’t think there was anyway to make her likable with the storylines she got during that timeframe. I liked her when she was a teen though. I’m just hoping she gets a better story this time around. I don’t mind her being snarky or arguing with family since most of the Qs act that way. I’ve actually been missing that since Tracy left since it really only left Ned and Monica who generally got along. 

• Love 1
On 11/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, OnceSane said:

Continue discussing all current episodes of General Hospital Here!

Re: the new header: I see what you did there/I understood that reference. :)

Re:JaSam: With all the whining about Sam going to the Other Soap Within a Soap for "two years", she sounds like she's being banish-ed to Mantua.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sorry, Auntie Stella, you don't need to be back.

I'd rather see her spinoff series on BritBox where Auntie Stella solves crimes in the English countryside, heads the Ladies Department at Grace Bros,, deals with the Royal Family, and succeeds John Bercow as Speaker of the House of Commons.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

heads the Ladies Department at Grace Bros,

Don't tell me Mrs Slocombe retired-- she's only 46?!?!?!? (sorry,, waaaaaay inside joke there)

I like the actress from her time on OLTL-- so I'm waiting to see where this goes. The show needs a trouble maker now that Maxie seems to have settled down. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Were they on AMC together?

Yes, Rebecca Budig (Greenlee) and Finola Hughes as Anna were on AMC together. They were sisters-in-law, as Greenlee married Leo du Pres who was the half-brother of Dr. David Hayward, married to Anna.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

I was thinking about the whole "jason has to rethink his choices" talk.  I thought it was pretty funny, because Sonny never did that, but ... Sonny has never been solely responsible for any of his children besides Carly's short trip to Shady Brook after the kidnapping, and I think that actually was during one of his out of the mob stretches (her coma wasn't long enough to really count, but Courtney was taking care of the kids then).  Even now with Ava in rehab or whatever, Carly is still there for Avery.  So, not so hypocritical as I expected.

• Love 1

I don’t know. They’ve written LW’s Carly as being a more active parent but things were a mess when TB’s Carly was in the role. We constantly heard about the kids being sent to the island for their safety without Sonny or Carly. I’d considered that the same or even worse as Sam and Jason sending the kids to Monica’s. Carly was just like Sam, she could have chosen to focus on her kids but she wanted to stay around to support Sonny. The only time I remember Carly going with them is years later when the Zaccarah’s first came to town. 

• Love 3

I agree about that.  I think my thought was that, if Sonny got killed by his lifestyle, Michael, Morgan and Kristina had another parent to care for them, at least nominally.  Carly was stupid enough to think that she would never be a target, so the idea that she was setting her kids up to be orphans didn't enter her mind.  

Right now, if Jason gets killed, Danny and Scout are screwed.  Sure, they basically live at Monica's, but I don't think that she makes decisions about their care or anything like that.  They are being nannied by Leo's nanny with the supposed supervision and authority of Sam and Jason in the background.  That is different than actually being in crazy eyes granny's care.  Alexis could step in (and by god I hope she would) but it would be messy as hell.  

• Love 3

I'm just catching up on the week now.  I had to laugh at the first look between Jason and Sam when she entered the courtroom.  At least SB seemed to be trying to look concerned and sad, KM practically rolled her eyes and kept on walking.  Hee.

I still feel for Brad.  I know this will end up badly for him but honestly I think I like him more than Lucas.  Lucas is hot and all, but Brad is the more nuanced character and has been better developed.

I loved "Drew's" change of heart.  And it was funny the way he explained it to Kim - ummm, can't you see that I'm in another person's body and that's not right?!  Like yeah, she should have seen and understood that from the beginning. Tamara does have one of those cry faces that just breaks your heart though.

• Love 2

I had an unkind thought watching Anna in the barroom kissing drama scene. About 30 years ago when Finola started they had Anna wear scar makeup around her eye. Now the wrinkles look a little like the 'shocking' scar back then.

Seriously, I was thinking the May December pairing was a bit far fetched, then I remembered we wouldn't think twice if it was the other way around.  And this plot/triangle isn't the worst thing on the show, the last 7 years or currently.

• Love 1

What exactly was the intended message of Nina's circular conversation with Jax? "I'm not actually marrying Valentin because he's an incorrigible liar and I want to break his heart EXCEPT maybe I won't because I love him and he's family." Fucking WHAT? You can't simultaneously sell me that Nina knows her worth and knows Valentin is beneath her while also having her pathetically admit she'd take him back because it's easy. Seriously, the only thing I'm clear on here is that Jax for damn sure shouldn't have to wait around as a second choice while Nina wrestles through this stuff.

Hoo boy, Sonny left no box unchecked in his fight with Carly. Palpable insecurity over Jason (!) and Jax? Yep. Playing the poor, innocent victim? You betcha. Displacing all blame for marital discord onto Carly, with a healthy side of slut shaming? Oh, abso-fucking-lutely. But Sonny's dad is SICK and that means we should all feel sorry for him instead of holding him accountable for his behavior, right, show??

LMAO at Monica offering her home to Scout and Danny because after all, "the kids do spend an awful lot of time here." 'Bout damn time they acknowledged the pesky truth that these kids have never spent much time with their parents. Points to Jason for turning down Monica (for now at least) and stepping up to have a hard discussion with his son. If the show really wants to impress me, though, Jason needs to consistently parent going forward instead of continuing to give the kids the out of sight, out of mind treatment.

• Love 5

I love how Monica said the kids need stability so they should stay at her house while Sam is in prison, and Jason try not to get yourself thrown in jail or killed because you're an only parent. However, I did not like her referring to Drew being deceased like he was some neighbor she barely knew instead of a man she wanted to claim as her son. Also Jason, Scout will not be fine if she sees Danny is fine because her real father who was an active parent is presumed dead and she barely saw her mother before Mommy went on trial. 

For me the teary Danny-Jason scene fell flat because we've never seen Sam have any loving parental moments with this re-cast Danny (and no parental moments with Scout in probably a couple years now). I credit the young actor for doing his best to play restrained heartbreak though when Burton was attempting to emote. 

I liked seeing Carly not tolerating Sonny's petulance about Jax and pointing out that his record of infidelity and being a flirt is uglier than hers in the history of their relationship. Also liked Finn confirming what I thought he was trying to convey recently:  Hayden can't be trusted and he isn't sure he can ever forgive her lying about/withholding Violet all this time. She totally deserved to see Anna and Finn kissing - a confirmation that her attempts have failed. 

• Love 8

Seriously, we're going to have to watch Sonny pout about not knowing what Carly and Jax have between them? And he whines that maybe Jason knows and not him? Good lord. Talk about dumb, manufactured drama. If this doesn't prove MB's minimums need to be reduced, nothing does.

Nina, the reason people believed you'd let Valentin snow you again is because you've let him snow you again.

How shocking is it that Mike didn't recognize Stella? She hasn't been around for months, and Mike was having trouble with faces before Stella left.

LOL that Monica also reminds Jason that with Sam in Pentonville, he's the only parent Scout and Danny have, and Jason's all, "Huh, she's the second person to tell me this. Maybe there's something to it."

The Jason/Danny scene moved me not at all. 

• Love 12

That’s NOT how Parole works, you FAKAKTA show! A prisoner has to actually do some time and then appear before the board and convince them they’ve been on good behavior while serving their sentence, and should be granted parole. Which doesn’t mean free to do whatever and then go on to live your criminal life. So Parole ain’t gonna happen. Well, it wouldn’t, but this is General Hospital so of course it will. Her conviction will be overturned and record expunged.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Why? WHY?WHY?WHY? is Jax always given sloppy seconds for love interests? Skye is the only one who wasn’t, right? WHAT does he see in Nina? UGH.

So, for the past several months, while we “saw” through the camera, Nik skulking around and following Ava and others, no one saw him. But now that he’s been recast, he’s proven to be the STOOPIDEST, most INEPT MAROON who ever MAROONED! Seriously? “Creeping” behind Valentin with the fire poker raised to, what? Kill Valentin? And then sneaking back behind the wall?🙄🙄🙄

Thank goodness I was spared having to see Jason actually explain what manslaughter and negligent homicide is to a child. And I also felt NOTHING as he hugged Danny. Those scenes were so flat.

Speaking of flat, I adore Anna. I ❤️ Anna-but those scenes with her and Finn? Nothing.

So instead of just breaking ties wit Nik because the “plan” is falling apart, and Nik is an incompetent BOOB, Jax decides to break off because of that TWAT??!😒😒🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Linny said:

LMAO at Monica offering her home to Scout and Danny because after all, "the kids do spend an awful lot of time here." 'Bout damn time they acknowledged the pesky truth that these kids have never spent much time with their parents. Points to Jason for turning down Monica (for now at least) and stepping up to have a hard discussion with his son. If the show really wants to impress me, though, Jason needs to consistently parent going forward instead of continuing to give the kids the out of sight, out of mind treatment.

You forgot to add that they also love the nanny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The Jason/Danny scene moved me not at all. 

That's because we never see anyone with their children except for Carly/Sonny and sometimes Liz.

The last time we saw Scout was before Drew went to Kilimanjaro. A recast Scout who had no scenes with the woman who is her mother.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How shocking is it that Mike didn't recognize Stella?

I thought it was more shocking that Stella's discussion with them made it apparent that neither Carly nor Sonny have visited him since, apparently, when Stella was last in town. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why? WHY?WHY?WHY? is Jax always given sloppy seconds for love interests? Skye is the only one who wasn’t, right? WHAT does he see in Nina? UGH.

And Chloe. Although considering that he broke both of their hearts when he left them for Brenda (or the possibility of Brenda in Chloe's case), he's not exactly a prize either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WHAT does he see in Nina? UGH.

And Carly, and Courtney before her, etc.

He's had enough of incompetent nuNik especially after Nik used his credit card; seems like Nina pouring her heart out about Valentin just got to him some more. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

For me the teary Danny-Jason scene fell flat because we've never seen Sam have any loving parental moments with this re-cast Danny (and no parental moments with Scout in probably a couple years now)

The only emotion I had was cackling laughter when Danny said "yeah, I think we should stay here."  Nevermind the bogus b.s. about too many memories of Sam at the penthouse--the kid wants to be where he has it good.

Sonny today was...whoo, boy.  Talk about a total lack of self-awareness.  Yes, Sonny, everyone is out to get YOU, everyone else's motives must always be questioned, except YOURS.  We get it: you're the martyr of Port Charles.

Hey, Mike, sorry, still don't care a fig about you.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why? WHY?WHY?WHY? is Jax always given sloppy seconds for love interests? Skye is the only one who wasn’t, right?

Yes, Jax is definitely the one that got away for Skye, and she's one of the few women in his life who had no connection or interest in Sonny.  It's too bad she had a random Alcazar baby instead of a Jax/Q heir.

Speaking of Q's, saw this on Twitter, guess Brook is also going by Quartermaine versus Ashton now.  I wonder if it will be addressed in dialogue. 

EKANzTTWwAEIJVo?format=jpg&name=large

ETA...and apparently Sasha's last name is Gilmore?  Shows how much I care that I did not know that.

16 hours ago, rur said:
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How shocking is it that Mike didn't recognize Stella?

I thought it was more shocking that Stella's discussion with them made it apparent that neither Carly nor Sonny have visited him since, apparently, when Stella was last in town. 

I was thinking that, too, but the preview had Sonny telling Carly he didn't want her to worry, so it seems as if he knew Mike was deteriorating. Still, bad look all around.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, Sonny, everyone is out to get YOU

Jax could have dropped the dime on Sonny a long time ago, but he never did (and likely never will, alas) because of Carly. They make Sonny SUCH a petulant baby regarding Jax. It's kind of amusing, as it totally undercuts the all-powerful, tough-guy image Sonny supposedly has.

• Love 5

Speaking of FrankenDrew, I thought those scenes were really well done and I hope that the depth of communication all-around (in the Finn/Anna scenes, as well as the Elizabeth/FnD ones) are a sign that this new co-headwriter is going to let, you know, actual talking between the characters be a thing. That would be nice.

I am not convinced that Elizabeth is going to receive nearly the same amount of lines that Franco will get once his operation is performed. 

I still feel for Brad.  I know this will end up badly for him but honestly I think I like him more than Lucas.  Lucas is hot and all, but Brad is the more nuanced character and has been better developed.

Lucas is a cutie and a doctor (and Carly's brother - blech) and I wish they had him do more than hate Julian and suffer through a bad marriage.

Speaking of flat, I adore Anna. I ❤️ Anna-but those scenes with her and Finn? Nothing.

But put her with Robert Scorpio and witness the genuine positive feeling between TR and FH.

Sonny is so friggin' insecure. And MB can't act.

And MB doesn't seem to care.  He might want to take a look at what happened over at NBC and start making more of an effort.  Maybe stick Maura West (she seems to be engaged during her scenes) with Maurice and that might put him on his toes a bit more.

Carly wasn’t remotely concerned with how Sam was doing or her state of mind. She was only angry by how it was affecting Jason.  

And her lackadaisical reaction to Jason saying that he should have murdered Shiloh was fairly disgusting too. 

Nikolas continuing his streak of stunning idiocy

He is so screwed six ways to Sunday and he's only been on for couple of weeks - good soap.

• Love 2

I hope Sonny and Carly keep fighting. It's the only time believable words come out of either of their mouths.

After waiting years for Nik to come back, they manage to make me totally fucking hate him within a week. Excellent work! 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I hope Sonny and Carly keep fighting. It's the only time believable words come out of either of their mouths.

Same here. With their personalities and history, it isn’t believable that they have a supportive and healthy relationship. This is a pairing that started because Sonny wanted to prove to Jason that Carly was trash. Friday’s argument and the one they had right before the baby was born seem a lot more authentic than most of the relationship since they got back together. I get that it’s manufactured drama because there’s nothing else for them to do but if we’re stuck with the tired couple, I’d rather they be petty and throw each other’s past transgressions in their faces since they have no problem doing that with the rest of the town.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Maybe stick Maura West (she seems to be engaged during her scenes) with Maurice and that might put him on his toes a bit more.

FUCK NO. I've already lost RB, do not put my one and only reason for watching this show with him of all people. MB made his choices, now he has to live with them.

And Maura isn't just engaged during her scenes. She runs circles around every single other person except maybe one or two.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Lucas is a cutie and a doctor (and Carly's brother - blech) and I wish they had him do more than hate Julian and suffer through a bad marriage.

Ryan Carnes is recurring by choice, and I wonder if he puts a limit on how many episodes he'll appear on. 

One thing I've noticed lately is that the daily cliffhangers have improved and are actually kind of soapy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

FUCK NO. I've already lost RB, do not put my one and only reason for watching this show with him of all people. MB made his choices, now he has to live with them.

And Maura isn't just engaged during her scenes. She runs circles around every single other person except maybe one or two.

She is delightful and delicious to watch.  Her recent scenes in Shadybrook have been the highlight of my viewing of this dreck.  Maybe Hayden and Anna at the bar were a distant second.  But something has gotta give with MB.  With KM sidelined, MB is really stinking up the joint these days between his mumbling of the lines and the glib evil tidings and glances that Sonny is wont to do.  My soul is still shaking from him at the Quartermaine mansion.  It's just not right.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yes, Jax is definitely the one that got away for Skye, and she's one of the few women in his life who had no connection or interest in Sonny.  It's too bad she had a random Alcazar baby instead of a Jax/Q heir.

Speaking of Q's, saw this on Twitter, guess Brook is also going by Quartermaine versus Ashton now.  I wonder if it will be addressed in dialogue. 

EKANzTTWwAEIJVo?format=jpg&name=large

ETA...and apparently Sasha's last name is Gilmore?  Shows how much I care that I did not know that.

And Nina is Nina Clay? Lol wasn't she going by Reeves? 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

And Nina is Nina Clay? Lol wasn't she going by Reeves? 

How stupid is that?  The wedding invitation that she JUST showed Jax said "Nina Middle Name Reeves"  and yet the end credits have her as Clay? And I doubt Brook lynn would have changed her name to Quartermain.  Eeesh, behind the scenes people.  Get it together.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

And MB doesn't seem to care.  He might want to take a look at what happened over at NBC and start making more of an effort.  Maybe stick Maura West (she seems to be engaged during her scenes) with Maurice and that might put him on his toes a bit more.

I haven’t paid too much attention to Sonny/Ava scenes lately because they are usually Sonny bullying Ava. How engaged is MB in scenes with MW? I don’t think that’s the issue. I hate Carly as a character but LW is the only one of the main quad who is always engaged in her scenes no matter the material and MB still mumbles through most of their scenes together.

I think there’s only a handful of scene partners that he’s consistently on with, none of whom I would want Sonny paired with. It’s clearly a choice on MB’s part but I can’t figure out his reasoning behind it since that normally happens with lazy actors who are unhappy in their storyline or with their screen partners. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

d throw each other’s past transgressions in their faces

Yeah, but how often can they do that?  As it is when it was happening, I kept thinking they had just had this fight fairly recently, like around the time that Sonny was sniffing after Margo when it looked like the show might be going there.  "You slept with Jax.  I thought you were sleeping with Nelle and you slept with my lawyer".  Three months later, "you slept with Jax.  I thought you were sleeping with Nelle and you slept with my lawyer".  Three months later.....

It's annoying because I think they'ver declare CarSon the matriarch/patriarch of the show with no intention now of breaking them up so why go there.  

• Love 3

First off, I don’t like Lucas's side part & no scruff. He looks better with curly hair & scruff. Just sayin.....

I actually liked Hayden this time around & it’s like the show is trashing her before writing her out. What did Rebecca Budig ever do to this show? Not nice.  

• Love 5
On 11/22/2019 at 3:04 PM, Happywatcher said:

I had an unkind thought watching Anna in the barroom kissing drama scene. About 30 years ago when Finola started they had Anna wear scar makeup around her eye. Now the wrinkles look a little like the 'shocking' scar back then.

Seriously, I was thinking the May December pairing was a bit far fetched, then I remembered we wouldn't think twice if it was the other way around.  And this plot/triangle isn't the worst thing on the show, the last 7 years or currently.

May-December meaning Anna and Finn? With all due respect to Michael Easton, his "springtime" was a while ago. Finola Hughes only has seven years and a few months on him. I don't think Finn is supposed to be considerably younger than the actor, either.

My idea of May-December would be if Robert Scorpio and, oh, Willow were in a relationship. But I realize that the popular idea of the phrase has been contracting for a while.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I haven’t paid too much attention to Sonny/Ava scenes lately because they are usually Sonny bullying Ava. How engaged is MB in scenes with MW?

He's engaged in the scenes that he wants to be engaged in.  If folks like Elizabeth and Jax have to be sacrificed for ill-conceived characters (e.g., Franco and Nina), then it's time for Ava to get up on that alter.  (J/K - because Ava thrives despite being only one rung up from her brother staring up at any kind scraps that the writers throw at the Jeromes).

• Love 1

I actually liked Hayden this time around & it’s like the show is trashing her before writing her out. What did Rebecca Budig ever do to this show? Not nice.  

They trashed her the last time they wrote her out.   Maybe she'll run over another child on her way out of town, while she (again) takes the money and runs.

I like how Sonny and Carly only fight about transgressions in THIS marriage vs. going into all their ugly history when they fight.  Obvs. Carly would win.

In their entire history Sonny has been a bag of dicks to Carly at every turn, and I cannot comprehend why she consistently goes back to him and cheats on other partners with him.  Ewww.

Not that she's exactly a prize.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

What other things could she really bring up? The only other one I can recall is his affair with Sam, which the show mostly ignores after they made her Alexis’ daughter and it would make Carly a hypocrite since she was involved with Lorenzo at the same time.

He was extremely emotionally abusive but the last time it was brought up, it was obvious that he didn’t consider it abusive. It would be interesting if the show really acknowledged that once Sonny and Carly got back together but they would also have to explore why she kept going back.   

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2

I love how Jason just automatically assumes Anna knows about Sam. She's been out of town for months and months, but because Sam is oh-so-special Anna should know about his true wub being convicted of manslaughter. And by the way, Anna - "unconventional" was bad enough but "brilliant"? Shut up, please.

All this Nina gushing was absolutely nauseating. Why does this show continue to double down on the most worthless characters?

God, Dr. Mayo has absolutely zero chemistry with anyone.

• Love 3
On 11/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, Linny said:

What exactly was the intended message of Nina's circular conversation with Jax? "I'm not actually marrying Valentin because he's an incorrigible liar and I want to break his heart EXCEPT maybe I won't because I love him and he's family." Fucking WHAT? You can't simultaneously sell me that Nina knows her worth and knows Valentin is beneath her while also having her pathetically admit she'd take him back because it's easy.

What I'm getting from it is that she hates/loves him, but his hole card is Charlotte. The abduction of Charlotte gave her second thoughts on her revenge plan. His sincere devotion to Charlotte (and vice versa) is the side of him that hasn't been tarnished for her, and Charlotte's presence in Nina's own life would end if she severed things with Valentin.

Ironically, he did "give her a daughter," even though she has to share the daughter with Lulu.  

So it's convincing as enmeshment. It puts them in the same line as other soap couples who have schemed and transgressed (on one side or both) but stayed painfully connected, even with women who were more psychologically healthy and independent than Nina. I thought Watros did pretty well with the scenes, but I like her in this role more than many here do.     

What I wondered about was Jax's line "You know who else is a good father? Sonny Corinthos. That's how Carly rationalized going back to him again and again. And now one of her kids is dead and her life is in a mess. I don't want that to happen to you." I understand the emotion of it, and the part about Morgan being dead (until the probable recasting) is true. But isn't Carly's life presently about at her baseline? She's not entirely on board with Dev living there, but what mess is Jax seeing? Bifida's birth went without complication, things are fine between Carly and all of her other kids, she's practically absconded with Avery, and most of the town loves her. (Ugh.) 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

What I wondered about was Jax's line "You know who else is a good father? Sonny Corinthos. That's how Carly rationalized going back to him again and again. And now one of her kids is dead and her life is in a mess. I don't want that to happen to you." I understand the emotion of it, and the part about Morgan being dead (until the probable recasting) is true. But isn't Carly's life presently about at her baseline? She's not entirely on board with Dev living there, but what mess is Jax seeing? Bifida's birth went without complication, things are fine between Carly and all of her other kids, she's practically absconded with Avery, and most of the town loves her. (Ugh.) 

I thought that Jax was actually talk about Brenda whose life did get so messy because of Sonny that she had a nervous breakdown that Jax had to help her get better. But then they couldn't do the comparison to Valentin and Sonny about being good fathers because Brenda going back to Sonny had nothing to do with him being a father.

Carly's lowest points in her life were when she thought Michael died (he didn't), Michael was in irreversible coma (he recovered), suffered her own psychotic  breakdown (she recovered and eventually got involved with Jax) and finally when she lost Morgan (whom we are all expecting to come back from the dead). Despite all the trauma, Carly has been able to live her life and doesn't really need Jax to save her from it. He really can't fix anything for her because for the most part Carly doesn't see that anything is broken with her life.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

what mess is Jax seeing?

I took that as the general mess that is living with Sonny. There's always something. In the past it was shipping lanes; today, it's worthless Dev.

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Despite all the trauma, Carly has been able to live her life and doesn't really need Jax to save her from it. He really can't fix anything for her because for the most part Carly doesn't see that anything is broken with her life.

I agree, and I also think Carly isn't going to ask Jax to fix her life, because that's why she has Jason. There's no way she won't put him first.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I love how Jason just automatically assumes Anna knows about Sam. She's been out of town for months and months, but because Sam is oh-so-special Anna should know about his true wub being convicted of manslaughter.

I guess she needs to get on Spinelli's text alert system he has set up for his IHEARTSTONECOLDANDFAIRSAMANTHA website.  I mean, big faux pas on Anna's part for not being up-to-date on all things Morgan/McCall. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I’m not sure what to make of Jax’s speech about Sonny and Carly. Minus the good father part, it sounds like how he used to describe Sonny and Brenda. The difference is that we saw Brenda’s downfall and Carly hasn’t lost a lot by being with Sonny. She didn’t have a real career or friends that were sacrificed for their relationship. The psychotic break that she had when the 3rd actress was in the role gets glossed over since as soon as LW took over, Carly was queen bee of PC. I don’t think anyone even blames him for Morgan’s death anymore since it all shifted to Ava.

Maybe this is signaling a writing change in Sonny and Carly’s relationship but I might be being too optimistic. I’m guessing in Jax’s mind, Sonny ruins every woman that he gets involved with and the women are never at fault for their actions. 

• Love 5