Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

So the episode is not on ABC demand in my area and was lied to again as ABC was airing an infomertial at 2:30-3:30 am as was promised by a local affiliate.  ☹️  Making me think twice about keeping cable.

Same here.  I am in Canada, and in my part of the country they have never aired the episode On Demand after the shootout.  It just skips over that ep on that On Demand listing.  I recorded tonight and it is infomercials.  It is hit and miss at this point with what you might be able to see.  The good thing is, it really doesn't matter if you miss an ep of GH 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, bannana said:

The good thing is, it really doesn't matter if you miss an ep of GH 🤣

Yeah.  Just watched the episode on abc.om.  Laura (of Laura and Luke fame) received around five minutes of screentime despite just having emergency surgery and near death.  Yet it was the almighty violent and vile Corinthos family received the most attention - caring not a whit about anything except themselves.  Wasn't Luke Sonny's friend?  How come Sonny didn't ask about Laura? (rhetorical question there).  Sonny threatened another woman.  It really doesn't matter if an episode is missed.  Until the stain of the Corinthos family is removed, it will be the 'Same old. Same old'.

• Love 5

I loved Gladys' explanation of why she told people that her son was dead.

"Well he came back from the war and he was different,doing weird shit and stuff

so I started telling people that he died over there"

Thanks Mom

26 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

How come Sonny didn't ask about Laura?

Not to defend the idiot but he did.  When he got to the hospital he asked Carly about Laura.  Carly said Laura was still in surgery (said in that dismissive, who cares tone of Carly's).  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle bringing her vision board to the Q mansion was hilarious. The more of the renovated Q mansion I see, the more I hate it.

The fact that Nelle loves the remodel just proves how psycho she is.

I call BS on Fabulous Tracey having a room with a jack-and-jill.  In a house like that there should be no shortage of en suites.

I hope Brando is an undercover cop, or better yet part of some vigilante anti-mob group who’d think nothing of putting Sonny up on a meathook.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Today was mostly irritating. Willow brow beating Brad. Sonny brow beating Gladys. Nelle and Brooklyn bickering. Vomit inducing ILY's between Mikey and his mob moll. I just want to see Jax rip in to Sonny! 

You forgot Carly asking Sonny why anyone would want to do this to their family? !! haha

Go Jax Go!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Today was mostly irritating. Willow brow beating Brad. Sonny brow beating Gladys. Nelle and Brooklyn bickering. Vomit inducing ILY's between Mikey and his mob moll. I just want to see Jax rip in to Sonny! 

So, we haven't gotten to

Spoiler

Cyrus appearing as the (supposed) New Big Bad, because I have a whole slew of "Can you DIG it, Sonny??" memes ready.

Oh, how I wished there was a crossover with Brooklyn 99 when Jason was taken to the station. Put him in a room with Hitchcock and Scully for 10 minutes and he'll emerge blubbering like a baby, more emotional than a Sarah MacLachlan song.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Yeah.  Just watched the episode on abc.om.  Laura (of Laura and Luke fame) received around five minutes of screentime despite just having emergency surgery and near death.  Yet it was the almighty violent and vile Corinthos family received the most attention - caring not a whit about anything except themselves.  Wasn't Luke Sonny's friend?  How come Sonny didn't ask about Laura? (rhetorical question there).  Sonny threatened another woman.  It really doesn't matter if an episode is missed.  Until the stain of the Corinthos family is removed, it will be the 'Same old. Same old'.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Not to defend the idiot but he did.  When he got to the hospital he asked Carly about Laura.  Carly said Laura was still in surgery (said in that dismissive, who cares tone of Carly's).  

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh at Nik whining to an unconscious Laura. 

And here I was hoping for some sincere remorse. I shoulda known betta.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I call BS on Fabulous Tracey having a room with a jack-and-jill.  In a house like that there should be no shortage of en suites.

Out of every stupid thing that happened yesterday, THIS irritated me the most.  I don't believe anything but "the children's wing" has jack and jill's.  Also, what the hell is Brooklyn the maid now?  Michael's "just give her a room" would've fit more if BL was the manager of a Motel Six.

• Love 3

Tracy Q wouldn't even share a bathroom with a husband/lover, so the idea that her bedroom doesn't have an en suite is redonkulous. However, the idea of sharing one with Nelle would probably make Tracy throw her over the new staircase (to break it in), so there's that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, TheMediaHo said:

throw her over the new staircase (to break it in)

Oh, someone for sure is going down that staircase in the next couple months.  It'll probably be either Nelle or Sasha.  I'd say Nelle, given the way they're telegraphing her murder, but everyone knows being flung down into the Q foyer never kills anyone.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, someone for sure is going down that staircase in the next couple months.  It'll probably be either Nelle or Sasha.  I'd say Nelle, given the way they're telegraphing her murder, but everyone knows being flung down into the Q foyer never kills anyone.  

Nelle already went down that staircase once, during her baby shower. I don't think they'd have the same person go down twice. Maybe the next time it will be Sasha getting knocked down the stairs by Nelle.

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nelle already went down that staircase once, during her baby shower. 

That was the old one! The new staircase needs to be broken in; throwing Nelle down it—or Sasha, or Sam, or Carly, for that matter—would be a good way to do that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I really didn’t like Willow harassing Brad.  I agreed with him 100% about everyone needing to get off his back, good intentions or not.  Sure, it must awesome to have family and friends to help but I would think sometimes you just need a little space.  Obviously we know the big Wiley secret and that he deserves all this but they don’t so they all need to chill.

• Love 5

I also liked Brad voicing Michael's obsession with Wiley.  I know the viewing audience is supposed to see it as a cosmic connection he feels to his own DNA, but as far as Michael knows, the kid is not his, so his "I swore to protect Wiley," as if he took a military oath, is creepy.

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The new staircase needs to be broken in; throwing Nelle down it—or Sasha, or Sam, or Carly, for that matter—would be a good way to do that.

That's the spirit!  

• Love 6

Oh my GOD I just want to snap Sonny's neck when he starts copping an attitude with Jax. Carly and Michael, too, for going on about how wonderful Sonny is for protecting them from his enemies. To use a metaphor, this is their world going up in a blaze, and Sonny's the guy who spread the lighter fluid and lit the match. Spitting on the flames and trying to stamp them out ain't doing a lick of good to keep anyone from getting burned, so let's not act like Jax is so outrageous for objecting here. He should grab his daughter and run for the hills, and Ava should be right behind him with Avery. Screw Sonny and Carly's mindset that Sonny maintaining his territory is more important than the safety and well-being of the minor children in their home.

• Love 11

I got all excited when Peter had Anna tied up and was revealing his dastardly self and then it just turned out to be a game.😣 Was Anna always this stupid, to cover up for people she is close to?

Stupid #2:  Carly saying that while Sonny and Michael were targeted, she couldn't have been because they didn't know that she was going to the warehouse. As if they got some cosmic instruction that Michael was going to be on the pier.  Also what Michael should remember is the times when Carly  wasn't married to Sonny and he didn't have to worry about being killed.

Stupid #3:  Sam arguing that Anna's job is just like Jason's. Without mentioning that pesky illegal part, of course.

Stupid #4: Michael telling Nelle that she can live in the boathouse. Why wouldn't she just head right back to Brad's then? Wait, I see a pattern with all these stupid people.

For someone who  isn't a girly-girl, those are some of the most girly headphones I've ever seen that Scout has. Is this a SORAS again?  I HATE THAT THEY'RE MAKING SCOUT FORGET ABOUT DREW.

Sonny's goon and the guy he was beating up was some of the best acting on the show, miles better than MB and SBu trying to act tough.  JE's Tracy was marvellous. Nelle was fun too, cutting the saccharine mob worship.

The Quartermaine house re-do really makes it look like a cheap hotel.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I got all excited when Peter had Anna tied up and was revealing his dastardly self and then it just turned out to be a game.😣 Was Anna always this stupid, to cover up for people she is close to?

giphy.gif

As for No. 2? No, no she wasn't. It wasn't until Heinrik came aboard that the STUPID PILLS were mixed in with her daily food and drink. What's it going to take? For him to shoot Robert in the chest? Robin? Emma?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Stupid #2:  Carly saying that while Sonny and Michael were targeted, she couldn't have been because they didn't know that she was going to the warehouse. As if they got some cosmic instruction that Michael was going to be on the pier.  Also what Michael should remember is the times when Carly  wasn't married to Sonny and he didn't have to worry about being killed.

I suppose Laura and Michael's itinerary could have been found somehow.

Michael got shot in the head when Carly and Sonny were divorced so for him I don't think it matters whether they're married or not.

14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I suppose Laura and Michael's itinerary could have been found somehow.

It would be easiest to have all three of them (Sonny, Carly and Michael) followed by separate teams who were all told start shooting at a specific time. Best way to send a message.

Lulu seems to say every other week that she's going to take custody away from Valentin because it's so dangerous for her daughter to be around him. Why doesn't Jax do the same thing, take Carly to court to get full custody? It should be an easy case now that Joss got caught in the crossfire that happened because of Carly's current husband.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I loved Gladys' explanation of why she told people that her son was dead.

I'd like an explanation of why, in the picture that Carly stole out of Brando's things, Gladys is wearing the same outfit that she's wearing that day at the hospital.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oh my GOD I just want to snap Sonny's neck when he starts copping an attitude with Jax.

Sonny is consistent, at least. He cops an attitude with Jax every time they meet. I kind of enjoy how Jax always gets under Sonny's skin merely by existing. But it's definitely tiresome that Sonny is such an asshole to Jax when Jax is absolutely right, as it is here (and frankly, as he mostly is in general).

I liked the misdirect with Anna and Peter, even if it was obviously fake. Violet and her lisp annoy me, but this bit was cute.

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why doesn't Jax do the same thing, take Carly to court to get full custody?

Joss is old enough to say who she wants to live with, and we all know it won't be Jax.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss is old enough to say who she wants to live with, and we all know it won't be Jax.

She is old enough to say who she wants to live with but there is no legal obligation to take that into consideration. If the judge feels that it's dangerous for Joss to live in Sonny's house,, Jax gets her.

• Love 3

So who is this new mob boss now? His name was mumbled and Jason had the same look on his face that he always has.

Thanks, writers, for telling us how Scout doesn't ask about Drew anymore because her memories of him are already fading. They've really torn the character to shreds, haven't they. And cherry on the sunday, Jason tells Sam to tell Danny and Scout that he loves them.

Drop dead, Jason. Dropppp dead.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I can just hear her: "Dad, I love you, but Mom and Sonny need me here."  Because nothing says "I am Carly's daughter" more than inflated sense of self.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason tells Sam to tell Danny and Scout that he loves them.

Via text.  Because we know Sam won't actually go SEE her miracle babies.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I can just hear her: "Dad, I love you, but Mom and Sonny need me here."  Because nothing says "I am Carly's daughter" more than inflated self of self.

And the judge will go along with it because it's Port Charles.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Via text.  Because we know Sam won't actually go SEE her miracle babies.

Shockingly, Sam was actually with Scout today. Spent the whole episode sitting beside her. We found out that Scout hates tea parties because I'm assuming Finn thought he could introduce her and Violet.

• Love 1

Monday’s episode:

WAA WAA WAA! Who would want to KILL US??? whines the SHEBEAST/MOB MOLL of Port Charles.  As if they are law abiding pillars of the community.

Why didn’t Brando just tell Mooby to FUCK OFF? Or network language to that effect instead of answering his questions? Though I did love his “MY turn” to Mooby and asked that whiny man boy questions.

Man, I’d like to think IF Mel Harris was still playing Gladys, she would have told SHEBEAST “MY RELATIONSHIP with my son is none of your business!” 

And that Gladys had to ASK MOOBY if she could see her son after he questioned him? And he did that head tilt? And I don’t even LIKE Gladys.

And even though WE ALL know Brad is being a mega HYPOCRITE, I still loved how he pushed back against Willow. Does the actress not able to convey shocked or insulted expressions? Because when Brad fired her, the look on her face was like: oh, how interesting.

And just STFU JOSS! And go Jax! She’s old enough to know that Mooby is a criminal, but no. He’s a ”good guy.” NO. JAX is a good guy.

And after Brando saved her loser mother’s ass, she’s blathering on about how it’s BRANDO’S fault Dev’s situation has become tenuous? Take a gazillion SEATS, you TWAT.

😴😴😴😴😴 during the bitchfest at the “Q” mansion.

Is Genie leaving? She sounded like she was saying goodbye to Nik when she woke? Please, NO. Let Nik put his money where his mouth is. And yeah, yeah, Lucky isn’t on the show, but I wish I could have gotten him to say he missed Lucky; even if it was to himself. Dammit. Now I want a scene with this Nik and Jonathan’s Lucky.

• Love 5

Well, I have to give them credit for getting grittier and showing us just what our hero Jason really is capable off. He shoots that guy then tells him he's gonna die and however much the rival boss is paying him it won't matter cuz he won't be spending it. Then tells him he can die easy or Jason will blow another torturous bullet hole into his leg if he doesn't speak up. They haven't shown just how horrifically violent Jason is in quite a while. 

For fucks sake, can the Q's grow a brain and realize that Nelle is so needy and desperate for validation that if one of them pretended to befriend her they could manipulate her so much more easily than all ganging up on her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Violet’s sound effects for her toy gun - pew!pew!pew! - made me smile, didn’t we all do that?  Better yet, at the end of the episode with Jason and that guy in a shootout, I was thinking ‘pew!pew!pew!’ and that made the stale mob violence SO much more entertaining!

• Love 4

I hate how Monica can never say no to that Stupid Little Shit.  Allowing Michael to have Nelle living in her home is ridiculous.  Michael wants to keep Nelle away from Wiley because she is "the evil" but it is okay to have her live in the house with Leo, Danny and Scout?  Monica needs to look out for Ned's stepson and her grandchildren.  Michael's mother owns a luxury hotel.  It would be a much better story if Michael had Carly put her up in the presidential suite at the Metrocourt.  Imagine Nelle ordering the SheBeast around her own hotel.  She would make Carly's life a living hell. 

• Love 7

So is Jane gone now, and if so, what was the point of THAT ? If you have a legend for a few weeks, USE them. Dumb show. Wow. I'm just.....underwhelmed.  No truly meaty scenes at all. Just....nothing, and then done. Okay.

I don't know if we're supposed to take the whole "Jason is like Anna" stuff seriously. I mean, I know Sam is dumb and delusional and always has been. But even I don't think she's THAT dumb. Because if she IS, she kinda deserves any and all nasty things that have happened and WILL happen to her or her family. Because there comes a point with a character where you just have to say "whelp. what goes around".

7 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Fuck you, Sam. Anna's job is not similar to Jason's.

She's such an idiot.  And the absolute lack of self-awareness in warning Finn that Anna could put Violet in danger?  Take another ambien, you whispering, mob-apologizing robot.

We know the show thinks rainbows shoot out of Sonny's ass, but does MB think his line reads, to Jax in particular, make his character look like the good guy?  Because Jax fearing for his daughter's safety while she's in Sonny's realm is 1000000% justified.  That Sonny--and Carly--shrug it off?  Oh, yes, parents of the year there.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Violet’s sound effects for her toy gun - pew!pew!pew! - made me smile, didn’t we all do that?

:raises hand: I'm at the "Heart of Stone" table. Giving a kid that small more than one word to say seems a bit too hard for them, I feel bad for the kids.

Edited by ulkis

Argh! Sonny barges into an ER cubicle to cross examine Brando. General Hospital, where patients have no say over their “visitors.” I’m hoping that Gladys’ “can I go see my son now?” was a line written to be sarcastic, but it surely wasn’t delivered that way. Alas, I still hold out hope that the mob violence is going to kick off a good vs bad battle over the waterfront....

Was it just the contrast with the screaming and anger in the rest of the episode, or was KeMo more low-energy than usual yesterday?

Random quibble of the day, which has bugged for a while: the screen at GH showing patient names, physicians, procedures, etc. I mean, HIPAA surely isn’t their strong suit, but can they try?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's such an idiot.  And the absolute lack of self-awareness in warning Finn that Anna could put Violet in danger?  Take another ambien, you whispering, mob-apologizing robot.

We know the show thinks rainbows shoot out of Sonny's ass, but does MB think his line reads, to Jax in particular, make his character look like the good guy?  Because Jax fearing for his daughter's safety while she's in Sonny's realm is 1000000% justified.  That Sonny--and Carly--shrug it off?  Oh, yes, parents of the year there.

1. Not only that, but I think she was trying to plant seeds of doubt, so that Finn would come running to her, to admit, "You're right! And now I have proof you can use!" Dumb twat. I did like Finn questioning her, asking her "but do you have any ACTUAL PROOF?" re Heinrik? Or that when Sam threw shade at his keeping Violet in danger because of his relationship with Anna, he just looks at that mafia bodyguard, and tells her, oh, like your relationship with Jason? 

Me: Oh, SNAP!!!!!

2. I can't STAND that mumblymarshmouthed ASSHOLE. Like whenever he supposed to say "else", it comes out "ALSE" and he can just STOP with now trying to act like Johnny Depp's Donnie Brasco with his "Git outtta heeeeere" line to Jax. He's such a petulant, whiny man-boy. But his jealousy of Jax is consistent, as @dubbel zout pointed out up thread. But it goes back to Brenda choosing Jax over him over 20 years ago, and not the SheBeast.

The show was just horrible yesterday. But I was hootin' and cheerin' for all of Jax's Truth Telling. Of course it went over deaf ears. And I laughed my ass off when SheBeast was all offended when Jax brought up the shooting of SLS as a childish thug and Morgan's death, with her "I can't believe you went there" hypocrisy. I'm so glad Jax did go there, even if it's useless to do so. I wish Jax had said if SheBeast wasn't going to let Joss live with him, then he'd take legal steps. Of course he'd lose, because it's Port Charles and the courts see him as the PILLAR of the Community! And Joss, that miniSheBeast, would turn against him.

Since this show loves to rip off STEAL from other, better shows, why not just take a page from Law & Order, and just let the mob wars happen and then clean up after they see who's left standing, as the wonderful Adam Schiff told Ben Stone at the end of "The Torrents of Greed"? Oh, wait. I forgot what show this was.

Good GOD. Why can't the new writers give Anna back her backbone and smarts? I was so disgusted by her tears and crying and assuring Heinrik that nothing would happen to him. And that Jason and anyone else who wanted to get to him, would have to go through her first. Seriously? Just FUCK OFF, new Head Writer. It's clear they've decided to drop the story line that ALEX is most likely his mother, and not Anna. Anna, who pretty much accepted that, but wouldn't tell him for...reasons. It really will take this asshole shooting Robert, Robin or Emma, or putting Robin/Emma in danger to get the blinders off of Anna's eyes.

14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

We found out that Scout hates tea parties because I'm assuming Finn thought he could introduce her and Violet.

"She's not a girlie-girl." Ugh. Stop trying to pretend you know you kid, Sam. Maybe Scout has never had the chance to have a tea party, what with being stuck with Danny, Leo, and Rocco all day at the Qs.

13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Imagine Nelle ordering the SheBeast around her own hotel.  She would make Carly's life a living hell. 

A heavy sigh for lost opportunities.

57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But his jealousy of Jax is consistent, as @dubbel zout pointed out up thread. But it goes back to Brenda choosing Jax over him over 20 years ago, and not the SheBeast.

I think Sonny was jealous of Jax the instant Jax came to town, but it became consistent and permanent after the Brenda stuff. I mean, Jax is everything Sonny isn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

Was it just the contrast with the screaming and anger in the rest of the episode, or was KeMo more low-energy than usual yesterday?

I thought she definitely started out that way, since I had no idea what she was saying mumbling. She got slightly more intelligible toward the end of the scene when she was justifying her mob moll life, and  in ineptly trying to get information out of Finn, though. 

Random quibble of the day, which has bugged for a while: the screen at GH showing patient names, physicians, procedures, etc. I mean, HIPAA surely isn’t their strong suit, but can they try?

I was recently in a hospital for day surgery, and the waiting room had a monitor with a portion of the patient's name, the doctor, and current location (pre-op, recovery, etc.) I hadn't noticed the screens on GH, though. I'll have to look. But on a related HIPAA note, I was checking in to a doctor's office recently, and there was a woman next to me at the counter filling out the standard forms. The receptionist asked her to move away from me, citing HIPAA regulations, to keep her paperwork private. I guess if I were Sonny I could have just demanded that I be given an update on everyone in the office, whether they were related to me or not. 

Edited by rur
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It really will take this asshole shooting Robert, Robin or Emma, or putting Robin/Emma in danger to get the blinders off of Anna's eyes.

But he hasn't done anything lately.

All the danger from him is if Jason comes after him to kill him. I just know Finn is going to give Jason the file that Anna has and that is going to be enough for Jason, Sam and Robert. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, xfuse said:

But he hasn't done anything lately.

But he has. He was behind the stabbing of André; he was the one who arranged the murder of the guy who stabbed André--that weasel, Bryce, and he hired the hit man who tried to kill André, but changed his mind at the last minute, and killed the assassin himself. And that's within the last four or five months. I consider that to be "lately."

• Love 6

2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

Argh! Sonny barges into an ER cubicle to cross examine Brando. General Hospital, where patients have no say over their “visitors.” I’m hoping that Gladys’ “can I go see my son now?” was a line written to be sarcastic, but it surely wasn’t delivered that way. Alas, I still hold out hope that the mob violence is going to kick off a good vs bad battle over the waterfront....

That scene (well all the scenes of Sonny at the hospital) enraged me. He just barges in there and orders a mother to leave her own son and she just gets up and scoots off like some obedient employee. I swear, Gladys better be behind all of this because, if not, her acting like this is annoying. Her obedience and deference to all of them, when she is the one doing them a favor, makes no sense. And, she's just plain crazy in her general behavior. But if it's all a cover then at least it's not so nonsensical.

And as annoying as Gladys is, the smug, hostile way they treat her is disgusting. They expect her to do something illegal and not expect to be compensated and the fact that she demanded money for doing it somehow makes her the lowest of the low. And despite her doing them a favor that could, technically, land them all in jail they push her around instead of treating her with, at bare minimum, some common decency.

I'll assume Brando answered any of Sonny's questions was because he was laid up in a hospital bed and, literally and figuratively, couldn't stand up to him.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  1. Not only that, but I think she was trying to plant seeds of doubt, so that Finn would come running to her, to admit, "You're right! And now I have proof you can use!" Dumb twat. I did like Finn questioning her, asking her "but do you have any ACTUAL PROOF?" re Heinrik? Or that when Sam threw shade at his keeping Violet in danger because of his relationship with Anna, he just looks at that mafia bodyguard, and tells her, oh, like your relationship with Jason? 

Me: Oh, SNAP!!!!!

2. I can't STAND that mumblymarshmouthed ASSHOLE. Like whenever he supposed to say "else", it comes out "ALSE" and he can just STOP with now trying to act like Johnny Depp's Donnie Brasco with his "Git outtta heeeeere" line to Jax. He's such a petulant, whiny man-boy. But his jealousy of Jax is consistent, as @dubbel zout pointed out up thread. But it goes back to Brenda choosing Jax over him over 20 years ago, and not the SheBeast.

The show was just horrible yesterday. But I was hootin' and cheerin' for all of Jax's Truth Telling. Of course it went over deaf ears. And I laughed my ass off when SheBeast was all offended when Jax brought up the shooting of SLS as a childish thug and Morgan's death, with her "I can't believe you went there" hypocrisy. I'm so glad Jax did go there, even if it's useless to do so. I wish Jax had said if SheBeast wasn't going to let Joss live with him, then he'd take legal steps. Of course he'd lose, because it's Port Charles and the courts see him as the PILLAR of the Community! And Joss, that miniSheBeast, would turn against him.

I could have kissed Finn for that line to Sam. I was afraid that he was just going to leave and they were going to let her get the last smug, hypocritical word and I was so delighted when he threw that back in her face. How dare she lecture anyone about the people they let into their lives and around their children. And, of course, she tries to downplay the violence and danger by insisting that kids are resilient and all that matters is you love them. 

Yeah, Carly can sit and shut her pie hole with her trying to tell Jax she was too tired to talk and then getting indignant that he threw her negligent behavior with her children in her face. If she wants to allow Donna around the violence, that is her and Sonny's bad decision to make, but Jax has every right to express concern over his daughter. Like others have said, I think the only reason he's not threatening to sue for custody is Joss is old enough and he knows she probably would side with her mother and this being Port Charles, the courts would side with them given it's happened way too many times in the past.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But he has. He was behind the stabbing of André; he was the one who arranged the murder of the guy who stabbed André--that weasel, Bryce, and he hired the hit man who tried to kill André, but changed his mind at the last minute, and killed the assassin himself. And that's within the last four or five months. I consider that to be "lately."

Ryan killed Bryce for lusting Ava’s picture. It was just a lucky break for Peter.

What you forgot was arranging for Drew’s plane to disappear most likely killing him and the crew on the plane .

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Ryan killed Bryce for lusting Ava’s picture. It was just a lucky break for Peter.

What you forgot was arranging for Drew’s plane to disappear most likely killing him and the crew on the plane .

Right. Forgot about that. All I could vaguely remember was Jason convincing him to come forward and admit that he lied that Sam planned to kill Shiloh...or whatever.

Yes. And Drew.

Speaking of Drew, Sam can also just STFU right up about how resilient children are and how parents can't keep the memories of the other parent alive for them. Not just stories, you miserable little twat. There are pictures, and conversations the child had with Drew, the things they did together. But no. Let's just Disappear Drew as if he never existed and was only around when Scout was a baby.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I also liked Brad voicing Michael's obsession with Wiley.

Totally.  If my daughters godfather was this judgey and possessive over my kid I would not be ok with that.  Not to mention that Michael is the biggest Sonny apologist ever.  He’s not exactly a safe option for Wiley.  Drives me nuts.

Oh little Violet with her Captain Marvel and her little “pew pew” gun noises.  She’s a little doll.

I had to laugh when Finn was all concerned about the kids and Sam was just like “Eh, kids are resilient.  They’ll be fine.”  Mom of the year, that one.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6