Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's not that Willow disliked Brad; she just focused on the fact that Lucas was a doctor, a stable person. Brad has been squirrely since he accepted Jonah from Nelle. He has not been flakey in terms of leaving the baby behind at Kelly's, forgetting to feed him or some other kind of neglect, but his behavior with everyone has not been super sketchy, he trusted Shiloh with important details about their lives when he barely knew the guy and then got nasty with Willow for maligning Shiloh, and kept his mouth shut about the truth when Shiloh kidnapped the baby. So in my mind, he has endangered "Wiley"/Jonah. He is just very lucky the baby was not hurt/killed or disappeared with Shiloh. 

Oh, okay. Then I retract what I said about Willow, then. Mostly. Maybe it's the line delivery that's rubbing me the wrong way.

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

OF COURSE Carly wanted to stay behind at the hospital to try to figure out what she could about Gladys lying/what the deal is with Brando...instead of staying close out of concern for her cousin's mother/ Rocco's grandmother/Sonny's friend who got shot because she was near Michael!! So much for her recent claim to Nikolas that  she and Laura have grown close!

Oh please. That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I've read in quite some time. Not against you, but the SheBeast.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Was that handheld camera on Michael a production mistake? All the other cameras were clearly the studio kind. Those few bits were so weird. 

Sasha is an idiot, which I know is not any kind of news flash. What did she expect, hanging out with a mobster's son? Shit's gonna go down, lady.

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Lucas and Brad did not meet Willow during the adoption process.

Willow wasn't even a named character during the adoption process. She was just "the birth mother."

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Willow wasn't even a named character during the adoption process. She was just "the birth mother."

Now that, I remember. And that Julian paid her or something to convince her to let Lucas and Brad adopt. If not paid, I know he was involved somehow.

Carly to Joss: Thank God no one got hurt.

Me: The dude who saved your life was hurt, also, his mother is right behind you, you insensitive beast.

Valentin has as much personality as toilet paper, but toilet paper is actually useful. Valentin is not. He's such a pathetic tiny tiny man. 

Jason: blink blink blink blink blink blink lawyer blink blink blink blink.

And Jordan, STFU! You should be trying to take down Jason and Sonny because it's your JOB, dummy.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Me: The dude who saved your life was hurt, also, his mother is right behind you, you insensitive beast.

And there's also Laura! God, I HATE that SHEBEAST.

Jason: blink blink blink blink blink blink lawyer blink blink blink blink.

giphy.gif

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, Jordan. Telling Jason to think about the consequences of a mob war is pointless. He doesn't care.

I haven't seen this yet, but the other times I've seen this Jordan interact with Jason, she treats him as if he's an unofficial detective at the PCPD, instead of the murdering MOB thug/hit man he is. This sounds pretty much the same.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lines like this should surprise me but Carly doesn’t care about what happens to anyone else except Sonny, Jason, and her kids so to her, no one important got hurt. I still can’t believe that there are people on this planet that root for her. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Ummm, I may be missing/ forgetting something, but I thought Brando was dead- that's why Sonny picked him to be Dev's fake dad. Am I remembering this wrong? 

No, that's why this is so "shocking." It seems Gladys lied about his death, which is disappointing to me unless this is some grand plan to take down Sonny. It won't succeed, of course, but as long as Sonny suffers somewhat, I'll take it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

now @GHScorpiosRule stop trying to make GH make sense! This is a show where they charge someone for shooting another person without EVER testing for GSR. Evidence? We don't need no stinkin' evidence!

You're right! I don't know what I was thinking!😆

No worries GHScorpiosRule, you were just having a bout of sanity and logic in the midst of the insane and illogical writing of this show.  It happens to us all at one point or another.  You are not alone.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So basically they just gave Sonny another family member.

FTS.

pretty much, yeah. I mean, does MB have something on the writers or FV? Or are they really so enamored of him that they think Sonny should have another family member and more story? I know MB has a devoted fan base but this is insane.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And there's also Laura! God, I HATE that SHEBEAST.

Joss broke the news to her that Laura had been shot.  Carly had about a two-second sad sigh reaction that came off like "damn. That sucks" and then told Jax she's staying at the hospital because of Gladys lying/wanting info on Brando ... no thought to go ask Kevin how Laura is doing. Bitch.

Elizabeth knows both Nikolas and Hayden have a history of sketchy behavior and that Nikolas was NOT Hayden's "friend" so some of her reaction didn't ring true. At least she is genuinely angry at Nik for this. His response about not realizing Hayden would be unreachable and not check in on Violet was really lame.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was that handheld camera on Michael a production mistake? All the other cameras were clearly the studio kind. Those few bits were so weird. 

Sasha is an idiot, which I know is not any kind of news flash. What did she expect, hanging out with a mobster's son? Shit's gonna go down, lady.

I noticed that too. I think they were trying to do a cool through-the-house walking shot like Real Cinema. The problem is they probably didn't have the ability to switch over to a traditional camera once he got to the living room.

I keep thinking they're saying "a rando" instead of "Brando," because that's essentially what he is to us so far. But I would like to know the significance of why (B)rando had a photo of Dev and his mother on his phone. Seems like they've been in touch after all.

Why did Jax say to Dev that "your father" was shot? Was he just being ironic, or does someone in the room, like Sasha, still not know about the ruse? 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

pretty much, yeah. I mean, does MB have something on the writers or FV? Or are they really so enamored of him that they think Sonny should have another family member and more story? I know MB has a devoted fan base but this is insane.

It’s strange because while he has a fanbase, there’s also a pretty large contingent who complain about him so FV has to realize that he’s alienating them. The show didn’t exactly fall apart during the RC years where Sonny wasn’t being treated like this so I don’t get it.

• Love 4

The magic tunnel between Port Charles and anywhere else still exists. Sonny and Jason were out of New York bar and back in Port Charles while the police were still at the warehous investigating the shooting,

I wanted to slap Carly so much, dismissing Gladys' worries as if she were just a hanger-on attaching herself to the Corinthos power instead of Brando's mother. (The history of terrible naming on this show continues.)

14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Fake Nina's daughter is ready to take her place as a mob moll. 

Bulls eye. Totally true, she's as blind and forgiving as the rest.

• Love 5

This whole Gladys/Brando thing is so bizarre.  Sonny went TO HER out of the blue with information HE HAD GOTTEN that Brando was dead to twist her arm into something illegal.  But now I think the show wants us to think this was their EVUL PLAN the whole time?  Whuh?

We're also supposed to care, I guess, that this jeopardizes Dev, but...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I cannot stand Sasha's halting speech pattern.   But. . . . .you are. . . . the. . . CEO of . . .ELQ . . . ..Michael.   Why . . . . .would they. . . . . .come. . . . .after you.   Gawd.   She makes Willow look like Meryl Streep.   At least that actress can get to the end of a sentence without pausing between syllables.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Why did Jax say to Dev that "your father" was shot? Was he just being ironic, or does someone in the room, like Sasha, still not know about the ruse? 

That took  me a second but I beleive Sasha doesn't know the truth.  

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It seems Gladys lied about his death,

Which makes no sense based on how they wrote the story originally.  she didn't come to Sonny, he went to her.  Sonny did a background check, found Gladys was Mike's cousin and that her son had died in the war, which would allow them all to pretend that Dev was his kid/her grandkid.  

Having his show up alive is fine IF Gladys isn't aware of it.  Either he was declared dead when he wasn''t or he's undercover somehow and death was his cover.  But the fact that while she seemed surprised to see him in the warehouse, she didn't seem surprised that he was alive.  Plus, him having the Christmas picture of Dev and Gladys which could only have come from her, means they were both aware of his existence.  

I think Brando being dead was from the other writers so maybe these guys are trying to course correct somehow, though it makes less sense this way.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I cannot stand Sasha's halting speech pattern.   But. . . . .you are. . . . the. . . CEO of . . .ELQ . . . ..Michael.   Why . . . . .would they. . . . . .come. . . . .after you.   

I also can't stand her lack of basic background knowledge about Michael's family. Hey Sasha, look up old news. You may find out that your CEO boyfriend got shot in the head for standing near Sonny in the warehouse, when he was a child. Clearly Michael isn't going to be honest with you because he's worried you'll use your brain and walk away from all of them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Finn to Jax: "What would you say to Joss if Carly suddenly disappeared?"

Jax (in my mind): "Ask her if she wanted a full sit down dinner for the party or just small plates."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Finn to Jax: "What would you say to Joss if Carly suddenly disappeared?"

Jax (in my mind): "Ask her if she wanted a full sit down dinner for the party or just small plates."

Oooh, may I play??

Jax: "I'm not sure given the list of killers she knows, which one would want to stop her meddling this time - Sonny or one of his associates, or Ryan, or Nelle.  I know Joss, you're right. I need to ask Jason."

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • LOL 4

My hope is that Brando is an undercover cop and when Sonny reached out to Gladys for the Dev scam, she told Brando about it and a plan was developed to use that as a way to help get info to bring Sonny down. 

...if it's another lather, rinse, repeat, of Sonny and Jason being treated like fucking heroes cuz they help take down other mobsters trying to move in on them, hard pass.

• Love 10

Sasha & Willow in a scene together is pretty brutal. I can handle a week actress with a stronger actor but two together in a scene is rough. Meanwhile you have Nelle a few feet away eating Carly for lunch and it saves the day. Also, both Sasha & Willow are so much alike that I’m surprised the show kept both of them.

• Love 1

I like Willow a lot more than Sasha, who's relationship with Michael has all the spark of day-old oatmeal. The writing for Sasha is really bad. Not that Willow gets it much better, but I understand why she and Chase are together. I don't get why Michael and Sasha are, except the writers decided to slap them together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I don't want Sonny to have another relative. He has way too many relatives as it is, and he does NOT need anymore. And Brando is a stupid name, even if the guy playing him was kinda hot. We need fewer Sonny-related characters, not more.

That being said, why can't Jax have more relatives? He's a good dad to Joss - why can't he have an unknown kid turn up in PC?  Sonny has way too many kids, but Jax only has one. I'd like Jax to have more family. His parents are dead, his only sibling is Jerry...I think a long-lost kid we never knew about could be a good addition and nice balance to Joss.

• Love 5

I really like the idea of more relatives for Jax. There's not much happening for him other than to romance Nina.

With Sasha, it's a combination of actress and writing for me. Now that the story with being Nina's fake daughter is over, Sasha's purpose seems to be as girlfriend for Michael because it's absurd that the thirtysomething crazy rich CEO of a multinational corporation is single.

The writers don't quite know what to do with her other than as Michael's mob moll and it feels like the Deception storyline line had been created to give her something to do other than date Michael, But the actress also hasn't been able to find a consistent thread for her character either. I still have no idea who Sasha is, a brilliant negotiator or a flake who agrees to let Nina tear her apart as a hair shirt without thought to the effect on her and Lucy's company. and doesn't understand what a cop does.  The writing for Ava has also been all over the place but in contrast, MW has managed to make Ava consistent deep down.

• Love 3

Sasha just seems like someone who was never intended to be a long term character. I never thought she would be on the show after it was revealed that she wasn’t Nina’s daughter. It doesn’t help that the actress isn’t great but I have a hard time connecting to character who has been on for a certain amount of time and never fleshed out. We really don’t know much about her and they are clearly going to make her appear clueless now that the mob stuff is going on so that isn’t going to do anything to endear her to the audience. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I don't want Sonny to have another relative. He has way too many relatives as it is, and he does NOT need anymore. And Brando is a stupid name, even if the guy playing him was kinda hot. We need fewer Sonny-related characters, not more.

Brando is a stupid name. But Brando Corbin shouldn't be his name. When Mike first showed up in Port Charles in the 90s and it was revealed that he was Sonny's long lost dad, we were told that Corbin was a pseudonym that he created to escape his gambling debts.

Sonny is Michael Corinthos Jr not Michael Corbin Jr.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I don't want Sonny to have another relative. 

That being said, why can't Jax have more relatives? He's a good dad to Joss - why can't he have an unknown kid turn up in PC?  

A) Agree, unless he's trying to take down Sonny a la Dante undercover when DZ first came on the show.  That line from Gladys about Brando being too brave (saving Carly wasn't the first time he's been in danger?) made me wonder. 

B) I do NOT want Jax to have a previously unknown kid turn up, since that's been used for Sonny, Scotty, Alexis, etc. It would undermine Jax's character and I do not want to see Josslyn acting like a more bratty teenager because she's competing for Jax's attention. Do you remember how Michael behaved upon no longer being Sonny's eldest during the "Dante is your son" reveal and aftermath? I would much prefer Jax get a previously unknown niece/nephew via Jerry, a half-sibling (maybe Lady Jane gave up a kid for adoption before she got married) or a cousin he's heard of but never met. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I would much prefer Jax get a previously unknown niece/nephew via Jerry, a half-sibling (maybe Lady Jane gave up a kid for adoption before she got married) or a cousin he's heard of but never met. 

This is what I'd prefer, but history has shown the familial connection is usually ignored/forgotten once the initial story is over. So I find new family members pretty pointless anyway. Just introduce the character.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:13 PM, dubbel zout said:

It was really gratifying to watch Finn give it to Nikolas.

Was that the first time that Finn expressed the emotion of anger?

So while I am grateful for not having to witness Michelle Stafford play Nina this past month, why are the writers making Nina still pine for Valentine?  Why would Nina think that Charlotte (not that i care about this waste of airtime except wishing that it would go away) should be in the presence, let alone custody, of someone who - at a minimum - attempted to murder two people.  Valentine is slime.  

Jordan, when your boss is lying on an operating table fighting for her life, and you are responsible for the safety of Port Charles, threatening a murderous thug isn't a productive use of your time.  Way to preserve the crime scene!

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny again.
  • Love 2

Sonny threatens Gladys over Dev. 

Gladys thanks Sonny profusely, then asks if she can go see her son. 

I swear, I really wonder the sort of people who write this show. 

And then there's Carly's permanent sneer. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

Sonny threatens Gladys over Dev. 

Eh?

Gladys thanks Sonny. 

Of course she does.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I swear, I really wonder the sort of people who write this show. 

And then there's Carly's permanent sneer. 

Yup, and YUP!!!!

49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So...preempted again?

In viewing areas that had the Senate on instead of GH, there was a scroll that the episode would be available on demand later BUT it would also screen on from 2:30-3:30 AM.

• Love 1

Today was mostly irritating. Willow brow beating Brad. Sonny brow beating Gladys. Nelle and Brooklyn bickering. Vomit inducing ILY's between Mikey and his mob moll. I just want to see Jax rip in to Sonny! 

• Love 3

Sasha asking why anyone would lie was ridiculous. Lady, you were recently the main player in a huge one! God, she's dumb.

Ugh at Nik whining to an unconscious Laura. 

Nelle bringing her vision board to the Q mansion was hilarious. The more of the renovated Q mansion I see, the more I hate it.

I'd have loved it if when Sonny started haranguing Brando, he'd have hit the call button and gotten Sonny tossed from his cubicle. 

Carly Corinthos, champion of the war veteran!

I loved Jax's look of "Yeah, you keep telling yourself things will be okay, Michael."

19 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

all Of a sudden Gladys is afraid of Sonny?? What happened to the woman who calmly told him to pony up more $$ if he expected her to go along with the Dev bullshit? I want her back...now!

I know. She's kind of a sniveler now, and it's so disheartening.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, sunnyface said:

\ Why would Nina think that Charlotte (not that i care about this waste of airtime except wishing that it would go away) should be in the presence, let alone custody, of someone who - at a minimum - attempted to murder two people. 

Nina's own mother almost murdered her so I don't think attempted murder of two people phases her much. Also, she didn't have a normal adult development and healthy relationships in her life due to being in a coma for ....how many years was it? I think she was in her early/mid 20s (?) when she was married to Silas and found out she was pregnant. 

I’m hoping that Sasha becomes a victim of this mob war. Michael’s due another dead GF and the way the show is being written now, I doubt they’ll let Sonny or Jason’s kids get hurt. If they did let that happen, Danny would be my next choice since Sam and Jason really believe that nothing will happen to their kids. They haven’t really had mob rivals onscreen since Danny was born aside from Ava and Julian, who obviously wasn’t going to go after his own family, and it always kind of annoyed me that their safety wasn’t an issue.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5

So Gladys and Brando had a falling out that he was as good dead to her. And then her insisting to Sonny and Carly that Brando had a lot of girlfriends. 

I am wondering if Brando turns out to be gay (and in no way possible could be Dev's dad) especially I don't think that Lucas and Brad are long for this world when the truth about Wiley/Jonah finally comes out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly Corinthos, champion of the war veteran!

If this show had a sense of humor a bolt of lightning would strike her every time she makes one of her hypocritical statements.  Same goes for Sonny when he talks about how he can't abide liars.  Their level of self-awareness is negative a bilion.

• Love 12