Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Noooooo!!!!! Damn. I still can't stand NB and his acting is not at the level that I felt anything during the big reunion with Nik. I am really bummed they did not take Spencer's absence to find a really good actor to take over the role. Someone who could interact with Trina/Cam/Joss (as he should be) without it looking ridiculous. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Okay -- so two babies were born. 

Brad and Lucas adopted Willow's and Shiloh's child who died the night Nelle's and Michael's child was born. 

Nelle, on the road with her newborn for some reason, gave that child to Brad in lieu of Willow's who had died (presumably in a house fire, eaten by locusts, or in an accident with a rice-picker?)

Brad took Wiley home on his first night from the hospiral and the baby died unexpectedly . Lucas didn't even get a chance to meet him because he was in surgery when Brad got the call that their son was born.

Meanwhile Nelle was planning on having Michael killed in what seemed to be a car accident not knowing that Chase and Michael were working together to get her to confess to her crimes including murdering her first fiance. Michael and her were in the car that crashes with another vehicle which was transporting prisoner Dr O. Nelle walked away from the accident and went into labor. Dr O found hee and delivered the baby before disappearing as she was a fugitive on the run.

Brad was taking the dead baby to the hospital when he spotted Nelle. Nelle gave him her baby and took his dead baby.  Then when she was found, she handed the dead baby to Michael. Brad stupidly listened to Nelle and pretended that itvwas the same baby.

Nelle did all this out of spite. And two years later, only Brad, Nelle, Julian, Dr O, Britt and maybe comatose Lucas know the truth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I have to think that whoever is behind trying to move in on Mooby's turf, has somehow gotten Gladys to work for them. She doesn't strike me as that smart, and she's really BAD at taking social cues and just looks stupid, trying to ingratiate herself with Laura, and trying to act like "one of the teens' with her getting into their business.

The actual interesting thing would be if this is all an act on Gladys's part and she is an undercover Fed.  Though it wouldn't matter in the end because Sonny always has to win.

• Love 6

The Willow/Shiloh baby adopted by Brad/Lucas was a standard crib death at Casa Brucas. Brad just found him having stopped breathing, not through anyone's fault. Brad was taking the body to the hospital when he ran across Nelle, who had left the crashed car (with Michael still trapped in it), gone into labor out in the wild. and delivered a healthy baby. And a year and a half of story was born! 

ETA: What @nilyank said, in other words. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The actual interesting thing would be if this is all an act on Gladys's part and she is an undercover Fed.  Though it wouldn't matter in the end because Sonny always has to win.

But if she was an undercover Fed, she could have gotten him on smuggling Chachi into the country illegally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Nik can also just take several seats, what with his "I need to get out and get some air" nonsense because Spencer didn't forgive him or welcome him back with welcome arms.

I know. WTF did he expect? He pretended to be dead for three years! To believe everyone wouldn’t be angry for at least a little while is delusional, to say the least. And his excuse is basically, “I did it for the money,” which isn’t that flattering. What an entitled jackass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But if she was an undercover Fed, she could have gotten him on smuggling Chachi into the country illegally.

They could be after his entire operation, not just that small potatoes.  Would explain her interest in touring the coffee warehouse.

As I said, I'm sure the show won't bother with this, because Sonny >>>>> everyone, anyway--but it's more fun than just the "oh, Gladys is a stupid buttinsky and Sonny has to deal with it" scenario they've got going on right now.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Noooooo!!!!! Damn. I still can't stand NB and his acting is not at the level that I felt anything during the big reunion with Nik. I am really bummed they did not take Spencer's absence to find a really good actor to take over the role. Someone who could interact with Trina/Cam/Joss (as he should be) without it looking ridiculous. 

I just couldn't get over how different he looks from the last time he was on. I don't even think it was that long ago. I remember being 14 myself (in my 50's now) but he looked soooo different. I'm kind of glad that didn't replace him. I like to see the kid actors age in real time. I would like to see more of Emma, too. That said, I could do without Charlotte and her Papa.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I really, really hope Gladys is working for the Feds or Sonny's rival because I'm getting really tired of dodging all of these dropping anvils. How are these characters so stupid that they don't see how really obvious she is? 

Am I the only person who is really annoyed that everyone calls Nelle "Nelle" except for Chase? Why does he call her Jenelle? I get that's her full name, but he's the only one that does it, and I have to stop every time and remember who he is talking about.

1 minute ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Am I the only person who is really annoyed that everyone calls Nelle "Nelle" except for Chase? Why does he call her Jenelle? I get that's her full name, but he's the only one that does it, and I have to stop every time and remember who he is talking about.

Well, it's just like Lucky, who always called Liz, "Elizabeth" while everyone else called her Liz.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Why does he call her Jenelle?

That might be how he knew her back in the day. I think it's also a dig that he knows who she is, not who she's trying to be. 

People go back and forth with Elizabeth/Liz. She doesn't seem to care.

ETA: The 3 o'clock airing was preempted by the impeachment hearings. Will the show be streamed on the app after 8, or will they preempt until the hearings are done?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Captanne said:

Brad and Lucas adopted Willow's and Shiloh's child who died the night Nelle's and Michael's child was born. 

Nelle, on the road with her newborn for some reason, gave that child to Brad in lieu of Willow's who had died (presumably in a house fire, eaten by locusts, or in an accident with a rice-picker?)

Willow delivers baby Wylie.  Brucas adopt him.  Alexis drops him off with Brad.  Lucas is in all night surgery and never sees the original baby.  Brad takes him home, The baby dies (presumebly of SIDS).  Brad panicks and heads out, presumably to take the dead baby to the hospital.

Nelle and Michael driving along get into a car accident.  She leaves Michael to die, heads into the woods and promptly goes into labor.  Liesl, who escaped the prison van that caused the accident is also wondering around in the woods and helps Nelle deliver her live baby before running off.  

Brad's driving down the road as Nelle staggers out of the woods.  He explains dead baby.  She says she's going to jail and wants to stick it to the Corinti.  Offers her live baby in exchange for his dead baby.  Brad agrees.  

The only ones who know the whole truth are Nelle, Brad, Liesl, Britt (because Brad told her) and Julian (who figured it out recently).  

Willow and everyone else believes Brucas have her original Wylie.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

ETA: The 3 o'clock airing was preempted by the impeachment hearings. Will the show be streamed on the app after 8, or will they preempt until the hearings are done?

Huh. This airs at 2:00 EST where I live, so I wonder if it aired? I'll find out when I get home, I guess.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, I know. Hers was the name that popped into my head when @Peppermint Patty was talking about the different versions of Nelle's name.

Spencer is supposed to be a genius. (He instantly got that Nik could have visited him and Valentin would not have known.) Where did he inherit it from? Certainly not from Courtney's side. And Nik is looking increasingly stupid.

Speaking of intelligence (or lack thereof), Michael's big plan to handle Nelle is to invite her to live in Monica's house? Rather than his mothers hotel? He definitely shouldn't be running ELQ.

I'm starting to think that Sasha should be diagnosed with Inadequate Personality Disorder, she's such a masochistic.

I like that Charlotte was cutting up Sasha's picture. It makes sense because she sees Sasha as destroying her family.

50 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Chase knew her and had an affair with her when she was calling herself Janelle. I can understand why it's hard for him to  change, especially since he seems to be mad at her from what she did back then, not her latest actions.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

A doctor can absolutely tell if you've ever  been pregnant, and I am assuming they can also easily tell if the baby was carried to term or not.

but, can the doctor tell if the baby was born alive or stillborn?  which is probably what she meant and what the writers should have written.  

• Love 1

We Canadians got the episode.  i'm assuming Americans will get it tomorrow.    For anyone who wants to wait to see it, stop reading now.  For everyone else this is the gist:

Nik and Ava are on their way back.  She wants the pre nup signed.  He says no open marriage, she has to be faithful.  She says only if he is.  She gets nothing if she cheats.  She takes 90% if he cheats.  They shake on it.  

The judge grants Valentin bail because there is no evidence that he threw Ava overboard.  Lulu says she's getting a restraining order for Charlotte.  Martin talks to Val about Nelle.  Turns out Val is paying Martin to deal with Nelle to keep the Qs and Corinthi hopping.

Jax and Nina have wine and cheese and share a kiss.  

Laura and Michael, on the docks discussing renovation.  He only wants the first few renovated (ie leave daddy's docks alone) She says no way hosay.  

Sonny, Mike and Jason stop off at a cafe on their way to the clinic.  Yada yada yada, you're a good man for doing this for Mike.  I wish I hadn't given Alan such a hard time.

Carly says Nelle is stupid enough to end back in prison.  Nelle says I have ELQ shares and I'm a smarty pants.  Carly leaves to take Gladys to the warehouse.

A gunman open fires at SaSon and Mike in NY.  At the same time a gunman open fires on the dock people which included Sasha and Joss.  Looks like Laura might have been hit.  A gunman open fires on the warehouse, possibly hitting Carly.  

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nik and Ava are on their way back.  She wants the pre nup signed.  He says no open marriage, she has to be faithful.  She says only if he is.  She gets nothing if she cheats.  She takes 90% if he cheats.  They shake on it.  

🙄🙄

8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The judge grants Valentin bail because there is no evidence that he threw Ava overboard.  Lulu says she's getting a restraining order for Charlotte.  Martin talks to Val about Nelle.  Turns out Val is paying Martin to deal with Nelle to keep the Qs and Corinthi hopping.

Only for Valentin is a victim and witness' (Nik) word not good enough. Otherwise, Chase is always so happy go lucky to arrest anyone and everyone on the flimsiest of reasons.

9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Laura and Michael, on the docks discussing renovation.  He only wants the first few renovated (ie leave daddy's docks alone) She says no way hosay.  

That would be no way, José.

10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Looks like Laura might have been hit.

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

So Michael is only a Quartermaine when it suits him, like when he assumes he has the authority to invite Nelle to live in the Q mansion

why didn't he just rent her an apartment in some upscale building?  It is Monica's house (and Alan gave it to her) and I don't think she will be pleased.  And if I were Olivia, I'd really be pissed.  Can't wait to see Tracy and Nelle go at it, though.  Much as I hate Nelle, I love Chloe L and her portrayal of batshit craziness.  I hope she sticks around for a long time.  

• Love 4

wow such an exciting  (eyeroll) episode and it gets pre empted .  The slow mo shooting scene was hilarious, Joss's face, Jason's face, Michaei's face,Carly almost getting strangled by her own hair!! Why did Laura get up to move positions and put herself line of fire, dumb.

Jax and Nina make no sense, but he married Carly and that makes no sense either.

Ava's scarf made her look like the flight attendant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I've disliked most of Jax's pairings over the last 20 years. Not "hated" them in a "Get this off my screen/make it stop!" way, but just haven't felt most of them were right.

The best of the official ones was Skye, hands down, IMO. That means I also put her above the attempted Brenda redux. 

Also, call me crazy, but when he and Elizabeth were having a lot of scenes when she was acting as surrogate for him and Sonny's deceased sister, I thought IR and RH had something. The characters would not have been a natural match, but they even made that graveside scene for the dead baby kind of touching, despite dialogue about as bad as GH dialogue gets ("And I was going to teach you how to clean a kitchen!").   

I liked his friendship with Alexis, but I was never one of those who wanted them to start making out; I just didn't see that kind of rapport. Now I wonder if we'll ever see NLG in another scene with him. I don't think it's just coincidence.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...this isn't exactly what's going on, but there is something...unsettling?...about the optics the show is presenting that if the straight biological mother doesn't like how the gay parent(s) are raising the child, she should and could just revoke the adoption.

Actually, that is exactly what's going on.  I agree that it is a troubling message that the show is sending.  Unfortunately, I doubt that the writers are even aware of this.

• Love 3

Catching up on postings after several days away... I missed the whole last names discussion, but it reminded me how strange I’ve always found this practice on TV. I have never, in my entire life, ever known anyone who went by their last name. It’s even weirder when you have members of the same family on the same show— Like when Jerry would call his brother Jax, which is also his own last name. What if he wanted to be Jax too?

Nicholas B’s acting skills have not improved with age. Time will tell if this version will annoy me more or less than Irrepressible Scamp version.

Apparently I’m at a table for one, but I absolutely could not stand Taggart when he was on before. And it’s not because he hated Sonny; people can hate Sonny all they want, AFAIC. I just found him smugly arrogant, ineffectual and not well written. And I thought “Anger Boy” was the dumbest burn ever. So I was not happy to see his return. Hopefully the writing this time will make me change my mind. Because I do think Real Andrews is a decent actor.

22 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

They shake on it.  

GURL. Get it in writing! I don't know how enforceable it would be, but at least you have proof of the agreement.

23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Lulu says she's getting a restraining order for Charlotte. 

Sigh. Stop whining about Valentin messing with Charlotte's custody when that's what you're doing, you hypocrite.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer is supposed to be a genius. (He instantly got that Nik could have visited him and Valentin would not have known.)

While I think Nik's been incredibly selfish and suffering under tunnel vision of "my inheritance! my legacy!" blah, blah, blah, if he had tried to visit Spencer, Valentin would have known because Valentin was having Spencer watched, during the whole "where is Helena's portrait" nonsense. If Nik were smart, he would have figured out a way to see him, though, like, in a disguise, or something. Or let Laura know, and she could let Spencer know. There were so many ways Spencer could have been told that Nik was alive without endangering his stoopid plaaan to defeat Valentin.

• Love 3

Valentin may have had Spencer watched the portrait mystery but there was a whole 2 3/4 years before that when Nik could have visited Spencer.

In a way, you could say that Nik endangered Spencer because Spencer kept trying to get revenge on Valentin for murdering his father and wouldn't give up.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin may have had Spencer watched the portrait mystery but there was a whole 2 3/4 years before that when Nik could have visited Spencer.

In a way, you could say that Nik endangered Spencer because Spencer kept trying to get revenge on Valentin for murdering his father and wouldn't give up.

True. Since I was on the barge when Valentin first appeared, I don't know if, after trying to kill Nik, Laura and Spencer, if he kept tabs on Spencer. Or if that was a new thing during the hunt for the Codicil stupidity.

But yes, I agree, Nik could have, IF HE WANTED TO, to let his loved ones know he was alive, but in hiding.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone on the show calls her Liz. She is always called Elizabeth or "Lizzie" when Carly is being nasty. Even when Terry (when we see her) talks to her, she calls her Elizabeth or Biz (:rme:) That's why I always write out Elizabeth because that's her name, not Liz. Fans (or hate-watchers) write Liz because it's shorter, but she's not called "Liz" on the show, it's (at least 99% of the time), "Elizabeth."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

No, they're airing today's episode tomorrow. Since it got pre-empted in the 2 pm eastern standard markets they decided to air it tomorrow. Dumb.

Since the hearings continue for days, I suspect it won't air tomorrow either.  However, I want to know why the networks went back to regular programming at 5 pm.  And apparently the hearings are not being shown during primetime.  Since this is a "historical event," I would think it merits full coverage.    I'm not saying I WANT to see it in the evenings, just that daytime programs are obviously considered insignificant and always suffer pre-emption.  And I'm pissed.   Thank God I have my British soaps to fall back on.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Only for Valentin is a victim and witness' (Nik) word not good enough

Martin's explanation/excuse was that Ava had drunk a boatload of vodka so he argued that she

slipped and Nik's a lying liar who lies, so who's going to believe his lying not dead ass.  

1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

why didn't he just rent her an apartment in some upscale building?

He wants her underfoot so he can keep an eye on her.  If she's somewhere he doesn't live than he can't.  

1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

I hope she sticks around for a long time.  

I think we're heading for a murder/who dunnit, unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Why did Laura get up to move positions and put herself line of fire, dumb.

This.  She was hiding behind whatever, and actually stood up and ran over to the staircase while he was still actively shooting.  

1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...this isn't exactly what's going on, but there is something...unsettling?...about the optics the show is presenting that if the straight biological mother doesn't like how the gay parent(s) are raising the child, she should and could just revoke the adoption.

Actually, that is exactly what's going on.

But not really.  Willow isn't objecting to Brad because he's gay, she's objecting because he's behaving like a nutbar, allowing Nelle into his home.  If Brad were married to a woman and said woman was in a coma and Brad was still behaving like a nutbar, Willow would still be reacting like she is.  

GURL. Get it in writing!

Nikolas picked up the pen to sign the agreement, but I don't remember if he signed it before they made the secondary deal.  

Sigh. Stop whining about Valentin messing with Charlotte's custody when that's what you're doing, you hypocrite.

Well, I think Lulu has a better leg to stand on with the custody issue than Valentin does.  He was doing to be a dick, claiming the Cassandra issue was Lulu's fault when it was very clearly his and he admitted it to Nina.  She's going for full custody because he threw Ava over a parapet then tried to run off with Charlotte when he knew Jordan was waiting for the arrest warrant.  

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But not really.  Willow isn't objecting to Brad because he's gay, she's objecting because he's behaving like a nutbar, allowing Nelle into his home.  If Brad were married to a woman and said woman was in a coma and Brad was still behaving like a nutbar, Willow would still be reacting like she is.

Willow is straight.  Brad is gay.  It's just as TEEVEE329 stated.  The show is sending the message that if the heterosexual bio-mom has a problem with the homosexual's parenting, then she should consider revoking the adoption.  Willow's motivations and reasoning are irrelevant, as is her hypothetical reaction were Brad to be straight.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 3

That's right, straight people can't disagree with or have problems with anyone who isn't straight or it sends a bad message!!!

Meanwhile, in the real world, it's ridiculous to put that out there.  There is no difference between a straight parent and a gay one and calling attention to the issue every time there is conflict is the exact opposite of equality.  

Brucas is an interracial couple as well, anyone want to have a fit about Willow being racist as well?

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

That's right, straight people can't disagree with or have problems with anyone who isn't straight or it sends a bad message!!!

Not even remotely what I said or implied.

7 minutes ago, ouinason said:

There is no difference between a straight parent and a gay one and calling attention to the issue every time there is conflict is the exact opposite of equality.

This is also false.  The difference is just as you stated.  One is straight, the other is gay.  And to call attention to it in no way opposes equality.

10 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Brucas is an interracial couple as well, anyone want to have a fit about Willow being racist as well?

There are indeed arguments that could be made regarding the subject of race in this matter, in addition to sexual orientation.  

• Love 1

@perkie1968 is totally correct that Willow's objections are about Brad himself versus his sexual orientation.  Apparently, she said as much today that she always thought Brad was "flaky" - how she would figure that out from paperwork given we know she never met with him pre-adoption is beyond me - and clung to Lucas as an ideal candidate, never mind Lucas' paper ties to mob families.

But there's still just something about the out-of-show optics of it that catch my notice.  This is already a story designed to end with the show's one gay couple breaking up* and no longer being parents and now one half of the couple has been coma-ed so they can have some kind of custody battle here.  I think we will see WIllow try to undo the adoption, which is...yikes, you know?

I dunno, maybe it wouldn't bother as much if we had other gay parents around to counterbalance it?  Or if Brad had some kind of legimiate support like a Britt so he didn't feel so ganged-up on?

But I also don't think I threw "a fit" about this with my earlier comment, it's just something that caught my notice.

JMHO.

* And by the way, I certainly don't believe gay couples need to be exempt from soap rules because they're gay.  Get together, break up, cheat on each other, divorce, marry again, do it all!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I understand why Willow is reacting that way, this is the baby that she bore and then gave up because she wanted the best life for him. All she's heard about Nelle is what a terrible, dangerous person she is.

I found Michael and Chase pushing Willow  aside and laying down the law to Brad much more offensive.

• Love 6

And to be fair to her, she I believe wasn't the one who voiced the idea of revoking the adoption, that was stupid Joss.  Really her mother's daughter, trying to strip people of their parental rights.

But I think they didn't coma Lucas and start up all this noise for no reason, I think that's where it's heading, some kind of effort by Michael et. all to have Willow take custody from Brad.

• Love 7

I hope the 'revoke" the adoption nonsense is just Joss being a spoiled child.

Willow has had issues with Brad from the get go because he's been very flaky.  Also, he bought into Dawn of Day  super easily and was a dick about it to Lucas when he wasn't.  He's always acted like a near lunatic in her presence, and disappears at odd times, lies about where he's going or been.  Dude is a flake.  Now, we know why he's acted this way, but Lucas got sick of it and everyone else noticed as well.

Although, I don't know why anyone would give a kid to Brad in the first place.  All the crap he's done isn't on the internet I guess.

I think that the thing that will b low things up is Lucas waking up, but IDK if Nelle will be dead before or after that.  Maybe she will be killed while trying to steal Wylie and that's how the killer doesn't go to jail.  Or, maybe it will be some DOD nutjob that's pissed she married Shilo.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Willow has had issues with Brad from the get go because he's been very flaky.

I think she was talking about when she selected them sight unseen - that she thought Brad was flaky, but Lucas was dependable.  Which...way to go, Corinthii writing character letters, if your words gave her that opinion.  Because again, I would imagine, on paper, Brad being less of a red flag than Lucas, who not only has a bio dad in the mob, but two sisters married into it as well.

Ugh, I just want this done.  How much longer do we think?  February sweeps?  May?  I think the show wants to keep it going as loooooooooooooong as possible becuase they like the actors who play Brad and Nelle and because nobody's really dying for Michael to have that kid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Why did Laura get up to move positions and put herself line of fire, dumb.

I was trying to figure that out too, but was there another gunman and she was trying to get out of the line of fire?  She should have just stayed low to the ground.  I just watched 1917 today and running while a gunman is shooting at you is not all that easy.  Especially if you already had cover!  It did look like Laura got shot, and it is hard to tell with the abundance of hair that Carly has, but she seems to be wounded as well.  If that gunman didn't hit her, he should be fired from his job.

Re Brad and Lucas.  Both of them I believe have mob connections in their families.  They should never have been allowed to adopt Wylie.  But I don't believe for one second that Show is trying to send an anti-gay adoption message.  Quite the contrary.  Show is treating Brad and Lucas like all couples, which is what we would hope they would do.  All couples have flawed people, and here we have Brad, with his multiplicity of bad decisions, and Lucas, who is apparently blind to only one side of his mobster family.  I thought it was a win, when soaps finally started to treat gay couples as not gay couples, but just like all of the other warped and disturbed couples.  

37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And to be fair to her, she I believe wasn't the one who voiced the idea of revoking the adoption, that was stupid Joss.  Really her mother's daughter, trying to strip people of their parental rights.

Yeah, Joss, glass houses and all that.  Remember Michael getting shot in the head?  Remember Kristina almost being blown up?  

And I have not been a long time viewer but I think most people call Elizabeth, Elizabeth.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, driver18 said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone on the show calls her Liz. She is always called Elizabeth or "Lizzie" when Carly is being nasty. Even when Terry (when we see her) talks to her, she calls her Elizabeth or Biz (:rme:) That's why I always write out Elizabeth because that's her name, not Liz. Fans (or hate-watchers) write Liz because it's shorter, but she's not called "Liz" on the show, it's (at least 99% of the time), "Elizabeth."

You know what . . .  I never thought about it but you are right. Franco also calls her "Elizabeth." Does anyone on the show call her "Liz?" Wow! 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Catching up on postings after several days away... I missed the whole last names discussion, but it reminded me how strange I’ve always found this practice on TV. I have never, in my entire life, ever known anyone who went by their last name. It’s even weirder when you have members of the same family on the same show— Like when Jerry would call his brother Jax, which is also his own last name. What if he wanted to be Jax too?

Although it sounds the same, his nickname is Jax and his last name is Jacks.

• Love 2

Nicolas Bechtel is a lot better than he used to be. I noticed it when he popped up maybe a year ago. He can do emotion now; he couldn’t a few years back. I remember when they tried to make him emote on Grey’s Anatomy in the Ron Carlivati era and it was like blood from a stone. The hair is, uh, seen. They still need to SORAS with a better kid - he should’ve burst into tears and didn’t manage that - and a slightly older one who can be around full time.

Of course Dick Cruiser Ava is all over this trying to get Spencer to forgive her latest piece, the man she barely knew when he first “died”. Who wouldn’t want mob queen Ava insinuating herself into a private family situation and turning on the forgive-me-in-fuckpumps charm that always worked so well on Kiki? This is so typical of Ava and yet the show plays it so earnestly and I can never take it seriously, ever. Ava is Ava is Ava. Let her be or don’t waste my time trying to make her Carly Snyder. Remember when Maura was only supposed to be on a week back in 2013? I’m not complaining but the stories need work.

I still can’t tell the new White Chicks (Willow/Sasha) apart. Sorry!

At least Billy Joel is no longer lord of the Cassadine manor. Now I need to find Taggert clips.

i feel like Mike has had Alzheimer’s for like fifteen years. I mean, yes, people do but come on.

Did the Arab twink already lose his accent?

Is Kevin still married to Laura? Does Kevin still exist? What happened to Lucy? Has Tracy mentioned Luke?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What happened to Lucy?

She's been around a bit, she's relaunching Deception.  Unfortunately, instead of bringing in one of her daughters to do it with her, they paired her up with Sasha (the new White Chick that looks more like Britt), whose face is so important to the whole enterprise that Lucy had to give her a stake in the company?  Lucy also is kinda trying to poach Maxie from Nina, though that's just kicked off.

• Love 1