Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

The stupid of the break-in at Elijah’s office just hurts, and to what end? The writers have foreshadowed enough that Elijah is the big bad, so I guess for Amnesia!Mike to be the hero? I’m assuming this is some sort of vanity project for MB, but this has been going on for FOUR MONTHS.

This storyline has shaved years from my life. 

If you guys notice that I stopped posting, it will be because I've been put in an early grave.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

God! I absolutely LOATHE the smirk on Cujo’s face. I’m hoping Cyrus will bomb Mooby’s “coffee” warehouse with a few casualties of Mobby’s minions. Just to see her panic over how to handle it. No, wait. Have another Family’s property bombed.

And I also want a horsie.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Keep Sasha, if for no other reason than she’s extremely attractive.  Better writers could make her far more interesting.  In part by not doing things like writing a superfluous pregnancy storyline for her involving another boringly written character.

But she still won't be able to act. She's a model who was probably hired because of her physical resemblance to OriginalNina to make the lost daughter story work.  Her acting tics, head bobbing and emphasis on the wrong word in a sentence drive me crazy. Nor has she has improved over her years on the show.

The problem with this Sasha/Brando pregnancy is that neither character has been written as compelling enough for me to care about a problem in their non-existent relationship . Brando has done little more than float around the edges of the Corinthos mob and act as a temporary TJ/Molly spoiler. Sasha has had a bit more since she was involved with Michael but since they broke up and she did her extremely brief addiction arc which was more about how bad Cyrus is than about her, she's been mostly offstage too. Her work in Lucy's company has been negligible.

• Love 9

superfluous pregnancy storyline 

ahhhh, but this baby shares a gene pool with Sonny, so at some point, Carly will try to get custody of it. 

And, everyone was terrified that Cyrus would unleash hell once he had his mommy back, and what has happened? I swear, this show just keeps defanging it's villains so the 'good' mobsters can win. 

• Love 4

I don't know. All I can say is I care more about this Sasha/Brando story than anything Millow is doing. I'm not happy Sasha is pregnant, but she and Brando are more interesting to me than Michael/Willow. 

• Love 10
(edited)
30 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I don't know. All I can say is I care more about this Sasha/Brando story than anything Millow is doing. I'm not happy Sasha is pregnant, but she and Brando are more interesting to me than Michael/Willow. 

Slightly OT but I think the writers lost interest in Willow once they shifted her towards Michael. She’s on a lot but has no focus and they gave the SLs they set up for her to others or dropped them. Millow’s relationship angst is not really angst and I don’t think those 2 can sell internal conflict when they spend most of their scenes telling each other how amazing the other person is. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

Everything surrounding Michael and Willow is a dud. They even managed to drag Chase down with them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Everything surrounding Michael and Willow is a dud. They even managed to drag Chase down with them.

This is such a waste on a show desperate for compelling, interesting story lines. Sad.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Slightly OT but I think the writers lost interest in Willow once they shifted her towards Michael.

None of the women paired with Michael have fared well. They all seem to lose any independence and personality they might have had.

• Love 4

Making Michael's women boring once they're with him, like defanging Sonny's enemies, doesn't make Michael and Sonny look better, it actually makes them look worse because there'snothing to stand up to or fight against to show how strong they are or how they've grown.

I ran across some old fic this weekend in the Arrow fandom that reminded me that while the show had a definite OTP, she spent half her time encouraging him and the other half telling him not to be an idiot. (I exaggerate but the point is there.) Reacting to the events in his life brought the character moral strength and growth.

First Sasha  and now Willow telling Michael how marvelous he is doesn't make him marvelous, it makes him mayonnaise.

22 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

And, everyone was terrified that Cyrus would unleash hell once he had his mommy back, and what has happened? I swear, this show just keeps defanging it's villains so the 'good' mobsters can win.

I'd forgotten what a big plot point that was. It's turned out to be yet another nothingburger. Cyrus can't even convince the Five Families to give him a seat at the table. This should be the time that he does some serious retaliation against the Corinthos mob, causing problems for Carly and on-the-run Jason (why is Jason still on the run since the meeting is over?) . But it will probably fade out too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think I know the answer to this, unfortunately, but is there some sort of contractual obligation that Carly and/or Peterich have to be invovled in every. single, story? What made Sasha think that Carly would give two hoots about her pregnancy and/or who the father was or wasn't? Why is this any of Carly's business?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
On 5/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, lala2 said:

This is exactly how I feel.  I definitely think that it is way too soon for a Brasha baby;  but I'd rather watch them in a baby storyline (kind of hoping that it's a tock, and just a device to bring them together) than Millow in anything.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What made Sasha think that Carly would give two hoots about her pregnancy and/or who the father was or wasn't? 

Carly's infinite nosiness and need to control everyone around her?

I don't understand what they're doing here other than that they want to keep Jeff Kober around but have no idea what to do with him. Cyrus has ignored Sasha ever since the OD/heart attack so there's no reason why he would care who the father of her baby is now.

They better do more about John Reilly's death than as a footnote to Peter's story.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I think I know the answer to this, unfortunately, but is there some sort of contractual obligation that Carly and/or Peterich have to be invovled in every. single, story? What made Sasha think that Carly would give two hoots about her pregnancy and/or who the father was or wasn't? Why is this any of Carly's business?

It must! My sister jokingly said months ago that LW must have minimums, and I now believe she's right. Carly is on practically every single day, and she's involved in every single story. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. GH may as well be re-titled The Carly Show.

I'm not even gonna lie. I'm not even watching daily anymore. I work from home b/c of the pandemic and could watch, but I choose to not even turn on my tv anymore. It's all Carly (and Peter) all the time. I read the boards to see if other characters I actually like are being featured, and that's rare nowadays. Thankfully, I can catch clips of the ppl like (as I used to do when I went into the office everyday) on YT.

But yeah . . . . it must be written in LW's contract that she must be shown at least FOUR times a week and must have a part in every single story! It makes no sense for Sasha to disclose anything to Carly, but of course she did. Ugh. 

1 hour ago, drtslim said:

This is exactly how I feel.  I definitely think that it is way too soon for a Brasha baby;  but I'd rather watch them in a baby storyline (kind of hoping that it's a tock, and just a device to bring them together) than Millow in anything.

Right?!?! I have little to no interest in a Brasha baby at this point, but I'd happily watch them talking about the baby and their relationship over Millow. Michael's face bores me! Willow is not any better.

I want her away from Chase so I can actually enjoy his scenes! 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 5/12/2021 at 12:47 AM, Suicidy said:

Whenever they try and insert some kind of virtue signaling political content it always feels forced and hamfisted.  This is not why people tune into this show.  In fact, and I doubt I’m alone in this, I watch this show to get away from that kind of crap.

I know a thousand other tv shows, and places on the internet to go if I want politics.  This ain’t one of them.  Give me more drama, spies, antics, and fabulous soap babes.

I would much rather have John Colicos exhumed  from the grave with a new weather machine, and a fiendish plot before more politics.

I can appreciate your sentiment. This is and should be an escape from daily stress and pressure. That being said, it was mentioned and we were not beat over the head with a social issue ( not sure this was a political topic ).  More than anything this show is a microcosm of real life and let's face it the issue was apropos to life as we are experiencing it today.  To have had the Cam scene and not to have broached the issue and the elephant in the room would of been a missed opportunity to shine a positive light on a serious issue, and disingenuous to what we are living.  I for one, and I'm sure there are many more, appreciated the tackling of an issue that faces us all.  Remember, some of us can not escape this issue, it's life.  Folks who want to ignore the topic really can't and CHOOSE not to understand.  I'm glad my favorite show chose to be a catalos of change to move society forward. IMHO.

• Love 3
On 5/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, YaddaYadda said:

This storyline has shaved years from my life. 

If you guys notice that I stopped posting, it will be because I've been put in an early grave.

Preach! The fact that we have a Mike and not a Sonny is VANNITY, exactly as previously posted.  The worse is Nina. Knowing that she's being so incredible selfish is amazing for her arch. I still don't know her plan and what the hell she's doing. I just hope Carly gets to beat that ass. 

18 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

What is a tock? 

This is used in reference to soap pregnancy storylines: a tick refers pregnancy that results in a live baby, while a tock is refers to a miscarriage or stillbirth.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 5/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, statsgirl said:

But she still won't be able to act.

You know I recently rewatched Kermit the Frog singing Its Not Easy Being Green with Lena Horne and it is amazing that a muppet with only a mouth that can open and shut is a better actor then half the cast of GH. 

ETA: Ok how Kermit is able to emote, I would say he should have just won an Emmy right there!! Better then most acting I see on ANY show!

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, drtslim said:
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

What is a tock? 

This is used in reference to soap pregnancy storylines: a tick refers pregnancy that results in a live baby, while a tock is refers to a miscarriage or stillbirth.

And they usually alternate, hence the term.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scrapple said:

More than anything this show is a microcosm of real life and let's face it the issue was apropos to life as we are experiencing it today. 

The Corinthos are EVIL people that prey on the less fortunate.  They have kidnapped this soap opera and are demanding quite a heavy ransom.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 7
(edited)

I am choosing to believe that Monica's mention of Jimmy Lee Holt is a sign that Roger Howarth is indeed going to be playing my dream role for him which is Jimmy Lee's son.

Also, I continue to adore every single Elizabeth and Finn scene. From the moment Finn was introduced, that was my dream pairing so I. Am. Loving. This.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Valentin asking about the Q’s bidet situation was 😂😂😂

JPS can deliver a line like nobody's business--so funny!

OMG, if I had a secret the last person in the world I would tell is buttinsky Carly.  Always so quick to give advice without the person actually asking for anything--and done in the most bullying way.  Shut up, Carly.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I'm not surprised he's a bidet man.

Jeff Kober played the scene where Gladys insists he's a father-to-be really well. Gladys really has no idea how to read a room.

When will our long national nightmare end and this Nixon Falls story be over?!

LOL that Sonny loads a fancy computer program that doesn't automatically erase the browsing history.

12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, if I had a secret the last person in the world I would tell is buttinsky Carly.  Always so quick to give advice without the person actually asking for anything--and done in the most bullying way.  Shut up, Carly.

Seriously. Sasha would have been better off talking to someone on the waitstaff at the MetroCourt.

What a clumsy way for Sean to die. Anna talked to Tiffany and knew nothing, then suddenly she calls and he's dead? Ugh, Show, do better.

• Love 5

I wish Sasha had confided in Willow today. Didn’t she support Willow when she had her brief pregnancy scare a while ago? I know the Michael of it all makes it a little weird (but not as weird as confiding in Michael’s MOM, ugh), but it would make some sense and give Willow something to do that’s not sitting guiltily at Chase’s bedside or hanging out with Michael and the kid.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jeff Kober played the scene where Gladys insists he's a father-to-be really well. Gladys really has no idea how to read a room.

He was really good there. And yet, Cyrus gets this information and uses it to…set up a half-assed loyalty test for a minion he already knows isn’t loyal, since he had to blackmail him into working for him in the first place? Come on, dude. Quit fucking around and go firebomb Casa Corinthos or something.

Valentin’s bidet line was the highlight of the show for me today. I also dug the line about how he knows BL’s independent, and he’s kinda into it. I’m kind of getting into the two of them; too bad it’s all going to come crashing down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What a clumsy way for Sean to die. Anna talked to Tiffany and knew nothing, then suddenly she calls and he's dead?

I thought Anna called and left a message for Tiffany, then Tiff called her back with the bad news.

Are they really setting up Michael to lie and say he's the dad (and can't tell Willow) to keep Brando safe?

• Love 1

Yes. Tiffany told Anna when she returned her call. And then Anna told Maxie and asked if she wanted to talk to her parents.

19 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Are they really setting up Michael to lie and say he's the dad (and can't tell Willow) to keep Brando safe?

That has got to be the most labyrinthine plot ever to keep Carly and Michael in a storyline that they are not needed for at all.

They really have no idea what to do with the quad (now apparently a quint) and Cyrus.

• Love 1

Monica is really making up for the house being empty of kids all those years her inviting Valentin and Charlotte to move in. I said it before but Willow should forget about nursing school and just open up her own school in the Qs mansion.

Per the previews, what the hell is wrong with Olivia. Fracking get a grip.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I certainly don’t think that’s what Carly was implying - she seemed to be suggesting Sasha just make up a dude. There’s no way she’d approve of precious Michael putting himself in danger for Brando’s sake - hell, I think Carly would blow that lie up herself and sell Brando out in a heartbeat if Sasha dared to try it.

Really, the best play here if she’s not telling Brando (besides ending the pregnancy, which is apparently not an option Sasha is even considering) is to invent a guy, say he was from out of town, she didn’t even know him, they had a ONS and now he’s gone and she has no way of contacting him. Boom, done. But I’m sure the show has something much stupider in mind. (Please not Michael, please, please.)

Edited by Chanandler
4 minutes ago, Chanandler said:

I certainly don’t think that’s what Carly was implying - she seemed to be suggesting Sasha just make up a dude. There’s no way she’d approve of precious Michael putting himself in danger for Brando’s sake - hell, I think Carly would blow that lie up herself and sell Brando out in a heartbeat if Sasha dared to try it.

Really, the best play here if she’s not telling Brando (besides ending the pregnancy, which is apparently not an option Sasha is even considering) is to invent a guy, say he was from out of town, she didn’t even know him, and now he’s gone and she has no way of contacting him. Boom, done. But I’m sure the show has something much stupider in mind. (Please not Michael, please, please.)

Is George Glass* still alive?🤣🤣🤣

*Those that watch/watched The Brady Bunch will know what I’m talking about!

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly's infinite nosiness and need to control everyone around her?

I don't understand what they're doing here other than that they want to keep Jeff Kober around but have no idea what to do with him. Cyrus has ignored Sasha ever since the OD/heart attack so there's no reason why he would care who the father of her baby is now.

They better do more about John Reilly's death than as a footnote to Peter's story.

My understanding is that this Friday will be a tribute episode to John Reilly.

• Useful 5
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Anna called and left a message for Tiffany, then Tiff called her back with the bad news.

Ah, I wasn't paying super close attention. That makes more sense (and explains the return call).

9 hours ago, Chanandler said:

invent a guy, say he was from out of town, she didn’t even know him, they had a ONS and now he’s gone and she has no way of contacting him. Boom, done. But I’m sure the show has something much stupider in mind. (Please not Michael, please, please.)

If it ends the Michael/Willow coma-fest once and for all, I'm in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is George Glass* still alive?🤣🤣🤣

*Those that watch/watched The Brady Bunch will know what I’m talking about!

Of course he is.  He hasn't aged a day since declaring his undying love for Jan.  He did change his last name to Tropicana so that he could crash Jan and Phillip's wedding.

13 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Americans just don't know how to properly outfit a bathroom.

Interior decorator: Would you like bidets in your bathroom?

Edward: No.  None of that fancy pretentious stuff in my house.

Monica: It's my house.

Alan: I gave it to you.

ID: Why don't I come back some other time.  (and she never does).

• Love 1
(edited)

It cracks me up every time they bring out the joke that Monica owns the house and Alan gave it to her, though they seem to be really overusing the joke lately

I don't understand why Maxie didn't jump on Anna's offer to spirit her away from Peter. At least she wouldn't be working a plan alone and have to claim the baby was dead. She also should have told Anna about her own plan with Brooklyn and maybe they could have folded the two plans together. Of course, if she had taken Anna up on her offer, it would have left Brooklyn high and dry and maybe she didn't want to do that

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to have anything to do with the Nixon Falls storyline. I continue to fast forward through that as much as possible

It's too bad Sharon Wyatt won't be appearing as Tiffany, but apparently the actress had part of her jaw removed recently

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 1

I'm keeping my expectations REAL LOW for Friday's "tribute" episode for John. The way the show has been mentioning Sean and how he was poisoned, Heinrik will probably take up most of the episode. The FACT that Tristan Rogers/Robert is not going to be featured (per the article that came out last month) just pisses me off. Unless they're keeping it all under wraps, Luke should also be there. And Monica too, because those two were involved and really cared about each other. Yeah, yeah, she was married to Alan at the time.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm keeping my expectations REAL LOW for Friday's "tribute" episode for John. The way the show has been mentioning Sean and how he was poisoned, Heinrik will probably take up most of the episode. The FACT that Tristan Rogers/Robert is not going to be featured (per the article that came out last month) just pisses me off. Unless they're keeping it all under wraps, Luke should also be there. And Monica too, because those two were involved and really cared about each other. Yeah, yeah, she was married to Alan at the time.

Spoiler

Tristan is there. There's a photo of him, Anna, Felicia, and Sean/JR's daughter all together at the memorial in SOD. Peter isn't there at seems.

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, Chanandler said:

There’s no way she’d approve of precious Michael putting himself in danger for Brando’s sake

What would make it dangerous for Michael to claim that Sasha is having his kid?  (I don't think Carly would come up with the WTD lie scheme, anyway, because it doesn't benefit her, but someone will probably think of it. )

Good moves on the JR/Shaun Donely tribute even if it took so long.

Canadian health care is good but a DNA test takes longer than you want to sit in a waiting room. Also, although free at point of service, you have to show a health card or pay cash (which Jason should have plenty of) to be seen.

Carly will just use anybody to get what she wants. She may have quibbles about using Sasha who has been so good to Michael, but she will still use her.

It may not be against HIPAA but it would be a major breach of trust for Willow to ask Finn if he's lying to Chase about his condition.

Valentin and Brook Lynn are such fun measurig swords, it's a pity the baby isn't real while Maxie's is.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Monica too, because those two were involved and really cared about each othe

Robert and Anna showed up at the Q mansion today to tell her, but the actual telling was done off screen.  It makes no sense that they had Monica yesterday with the Valentin moving in stuff but she's not onscreen today for a Sean has died mention.  

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

(I don't think Carly would come up with the WTD lie scheme, anyway, because it doesn't benefit her, but someone will probably think of it

Carly told Diane today that she's using the baby daddy info to get Gladys to switch sides.  Tell Gladys about her grandchild and how it puts a target on Brando's back since Cyrus has become obsessed with Sasha and will not be happy that his driver got into her pants and he didn't.  She thinks telling Gladys will gladly recant her story that she saw Jason ditch the gun to keep quiet about Brando's involvement.  

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin and Brook Lynn are such fun measurig swords, it's a pity the baby isn't real

THIS X A MILLION!

• Love 5

I missed the whole Sasha heart attack story so maybe that would make a difference, but I really haven’t seen Cyrus have any romantic interest in Sasha whatsoever so that fact that some other guy knocking her up would make him crazy is ringing false to me.  I liked his interactions with Gladys yesterday, he was so confused/annoyed by her.

Valentin is giving me life lately!  He and Brooklyn are gold.  Asking about bidets!  It sucks that he will find out about the faux baby and the ensuing messiness that will come with it.  I think they would be a good couple.

On the other side of the spectrum, the Nixon Falls story is killing me slowly.  Why should I care??  I don’t care about many of the main characters on this show, I certainly am not going to get invested in any of these side stories.  And now adding in Corinth and the PSA about the evil strip malls and all these sweet business owners getting their businesses sold out from under them, oh for the love of Pete.  I know this stuff obviously happens but if the good people of Corinth are as dumb as Phyllis and Lenny I don’t have much sympathy for them.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Canadian health care is good but a DNA test takes longer than you want to sit in a waiting room. Also, although free at point of service, you have to show a health card or pay cash (which Jason should have plenty of) to be seen.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't about that. I mean showing your passport will get you laughed right out of the hospital or the clinic. 

I think the writers were trying to make a point that up here, we can go to a hospital and not be turned away because we don't have insurance.

Meanwhile, Chase was looking at his insurance, how much his hospital stay was costing him, and talking sarcastically about giving up his apartment and Finn telling him that he would cover his hospital bills. And then you have I don't remember which character who was going to be transferred to Mercy because their insurance ran out.

As a Canadian who lived in NYC for 6 years and had insurance, I never worried about being sick in Canada, but I sure as hell worried about being sick in NYC. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Canadian health care is good but a DNA test takes longer than you want to sit in a waiting room.

I wasn't watching today, who was getting a DNA test? It's not like you can roll up to any hospital and request a DNA test because you want one, it would have to be ordered by a Dr.  I think there are private DNA clinics that maybe do it on demand.

15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I wasn't watching today, who was getting a DNA test?

Jason insisted on taking "Teresa" (Britt) to a hospital to get tested for Huntington's because they can with their Canadian passports. <eyeroll> Maybe he thought that there was a quick test for it?

Between that and the heavy handed "strips malls destroy towns", it's was PSA Hospital today.

That said, at least there is something happening with the Nixon Fails story. I'm sure MB is happy to do something, anything, different while Sonny still saves the day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

What's with "Mike" and Nina visiting a town called Corinth? Was it founded by Sonny Corinthos's ancestors? Didn't ring a bell with even Nina? Why do I watch this show?

Isn't that where Loving took place?

• Love 7