Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish it had been a bit more upbeat, but it was a great gesture. I'm impressed they did this.

True, but I thought this was very appropriate from a character standpoint. Alexis's life has been hell, but in the last half decade she's reallyyyyy been put through a nonstop wringer. There needed to be some kind of culmination, and today was definitely that and more.

I appreciate that we got this whole hour of delving into how her traumatic past with her father shaped her experiences, especially with men, in the present day.

And the scene where she's hugging her inner child and letting her know that she can let that pain go, was just absolutely tearjerking. NLG knocked it out of the park today.

• Love 11
(edited)

Just saw today's episode and all I can say is damn, who turned the Clock back to 1983? This is the GH I loved in College, and really miss so much. No mob stuff, no endless baby shenanigans, just some old-fashioned, character-driven soap based on a rich body of history.

21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And I thought that it's such a shame that the show doesn't really do stuff like this with their characters, where friends just get together like this for coffee and just. Everything is always so dire and so bleak and dark that the friendships gets lost in the shuffle. And it always feels like the only friendship that matters is the one between Carly and Jason, but even then, Jason is mostly annoyed with Carly

Yeah, I know what you mean, it would be more like real life. We never get to see the characters relax and hang out (as people do) without it being storyline driven.  Love this classic clip from the Aztec Treasure S/L, featuring Sean, Luke, Laura, Frisco, Felicia, Robert and Holly:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fNPUHi0-rQ

I believe there's another scene in this S/L with all these characters gathered around Mariah's kitchen table, eating breakfast, ad-libbing and having a ball. Great stuff.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 6

Wow, I found this maudlin.  All the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Was Diane unavailable, or did they just want to focus on Alexis' male friends? 

Balloons are for birthdays and Publishers' Clearing House commercials, not "you're going off to prison tomorrow".

It was odd that present-day Alexis didn't seem to crave a drink at all.

• Love 2

Alexis was listening to "When I Am Laid in Earth" from Purcell's Dido and Aeneas. I don't know which real singer was standing in for her mother, but it's a popular number and there's a wide range of past and present greats from whom to choose. Here's a 2003 version by Susan Graham.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I know Mikkos was a monster and megalomaniac (Hello! He wanted to freeze the World!) and I'm not trying to dismiss that or say he was a good person at all. But, was this reveal about him abusing Alexis' mother a...retcon? I don't recall that being part of Alexis' history. Or was it repressed memories that she'd blocked, and so it's now the reason for her many (except for three*) relationships with horrible men?

*Ned, Zander's Dad, and for a little while, they were flirting with Alexis and Mac.

Interesting that Jax barely said anything. And we didn't get flashbacks to the mixed marriages of Ned/Chloe and Alexis and Jax. 

But I did enjoy this. Soooooo much better than the "tribute" of Mo's years on the show, or even Geary's last hurrah before he walked into the foggy night.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, teenj12 said:

And the scene where she's hugging her inner child and letting her know that she can let that pain go, was just absolutely tearjerking. NLG knocked it out of the park today.

Yeah, she was great.  And given all the awful crap she's had thrown at her over the years, she deserved the spotlight, if only for a day.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know Mikkos was a monster and megalomaniac (Hello! He wanted to freeze the World!) and I'm not trying to dismiss that or say he was a good person at all. But, was this reveal about him abusing Alexis' mother a...retcon? I don't recall that being part of Alexis' history.

I think this was new information. In the little we've ever seen and heard about Mikkos and Kristin Bergman, they had a loving relationship, which the jealous Helena put an end to. I don't remember even a hint of him being violent with her.

There was something else in their argument that I thought sounded like a retcon: an implication that he had played some role in her success, or he "gave" her things. I had been under the impression (from the McTavish era, when Big Kristina was brought on) that she was already a big star and he was an admirer of her singing, and that's how they got together. If I were just coming to the story with yesterday's episode, I'd think they had a Charles Foster Kane/Susan Alexander dynamic (with the difference that the mistress really had a good voice). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I think this was new information. In the little we've ever seen and heard about Mikkos and Kristin Bergman, they had a loving relationship, which the jealous Helena put an end to. I don't remember even a hint of him being violent with her.

There was something else in their argument that I thought sounded like a retcon: an implication that he had played some role in her success, or he "gave" her things. I had been under the impression (from the McTavish era, when Big Kristina was brought on) that she was already a big star and he was an admirer of her singing, and that's how they got together. If I were just coming to the story with yesterday's episode, I'd think they had a Charles Foster Kane/Susan Alexander dynamic (with the difference that the mistress really had a good voice). 

Mikkos being abusive was a retcon I didn’t mind. There was a disconnect between him being so adoring and loving towards Kristin but later ignored Alexis and allowed Helena to torment her. It was pretty clear in what little Alexis has mentioned about him that there was no love lost between the 2 of them. Also it’s doubtful Helena knew he was abusing Kristen and he probably did love her which was enough to incur her wrath.

The part about Mikkos making her an opera singer was cannon. She was a governess on Cassadine island when they started the affair and later on Mikkos changed her name and identity and set her up as an opera singer to hide from Helena. It came up when Luke told Alexis about her. 

• Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Well it was Helena's husband. I never have a huge amount of sympathy when some kills their cheating spouse or the side piece (if the side piece knew the person was married. )He wasn't Laura, a young woman barely out of her teens that was kidnap from her actual husband. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
Just now, Asp Burger said:

Well, we differ there. I don't think cheating should be punished by death, and I thought what Helena did was horrific. 

Well yeah, I will never say that "cheating spouse" is a get out of jail free card, but Kristen was no innocent sleeping with someone else's husband.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And I thought that it's such a shame that the show doesn't really do stuff like this with their characters, where friends just get together like this for coffee and just. Everything is always so dire and so bleak and dark that the friendships gets lost in the shuffle. And it always feels like the only friendship that matters is the one between Carly and Jason, but even then, Jason is mostly annoyed with Carly.

While I know that this wasn't NLG's last episode on GH, it still sort of felt final to me. Like if this was her last episode ever on the show, we know she'll be fine because she seems to have beat her demons and is finally moving on from her drinking, her traumas, Julian, Neil and all the stuff that sent her spiraling down the last 5 to 10 years. It feels like that arc in her story has been put to rest. Alexis has finally found herself again. And that's a really good thing. She's going to emerge better and stronger from her experiences.

I agree; TPTB must think present day audiences will get bored if there is not a lot of plot - they don't seem to do the friends talking any more.  I remember watching AMC in the 70s and noticing that something would happen and those involved would talk about it with their friends and relatives.  Sometimes that could be overdone, with it seeming like nothing much happened.  There's a happy medium there.  

I too thought she might be retiring and going off onto recurring like Monica or Leslie.  So I'm glad to read here that it was an anniversary.  I suppose Alexis will get out of jail somehow - there is a soap clause that sentences can be shortened by doing something heroic in the jail!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Balloons are for birthdays and Publishers' Clearing House commercials, not "you're going off to prison tomorrow".

It was for Molly's "graduation" ceremony from law school.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Well, we differ there. I don't think cheating should be punished by death, and I thought what Helena did was horrific. 

Agree on both counts, but it was totally in character for Helena, so at least that was no retcon.

1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

There's a happy medium there.  

Aka nuance, something this show is mostly very allergic to.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Agree on both counts, but it was totally in character for Helena, so at least that was no retcon.

The only way I would let Kristen off the hook if Mikkos was forcing her into that relationship (which is possible since he appeared to be as ruthless as his wife), other than that, I still it was pretty crappy move to sleep with someone else's husband (no matter how little regard she had for Helena) and a stupid one considering the type of woman Helena was. 

Though considering Valentin, maybe she too was cheating behind Mikkos back as well, and then that make Helena a huge hypocrite. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, ouinason said:

we really need a Quartermaine teenager to fill out the teens now that Dev is dead.  I would lean toward Lila Rae, but that leaves things unbalanced.  I would really and truly love to see a teen son of AJ, which would probably mess with Michael's head.

I never want to see Lorenzo Alcazar's daughter come to town and become one of the mindless pod people who worship at the altar of the Holy Hitman. Even Robert and Anna have been forced to be on the same side as that blinking, expressionless robot. Just no.

That said, I get why there are people who want some Quartermaines to be brought into the mix given how the regimes have killed off so many Quartermaines over the years (as a direct consequence of Jason's decision to join the mob, like Manny killing Justus or Jerry coming back to town as a result of a war Jason pointlessly started with Lorenzo). It's too bad AJ doesn't have a long lost son or daughter who would actually remember him given how Michael has failed to care about his father's murder and, as was already pointed out earlier, he is basically just a Corinthos at this point. Ideally, I'd say it should be a POC like Justus or Valerie, as Vinessa Antoine pointed out that people have been calling the show "Generally White Hospital" for a reason.

18 hours ago, ulkis said:

Michael is rich. That in itself would get a lot of women/people trying to cozy up to him but of course the show is never gonna say that's the biggest attraction lol.

That's really the only possible attraction at this point. Michael's problem is that he's the "son" of an emotionally stunted mob boss and can't do anything on his own without input from Sonny and Carly, even though he's supposedly an adult. When Michael rightfully hated Sonny for murdering AJ and called out Carly, Morgan, Kiki, and Pod Duke, he had an actual personality and understandable motivations. Now, he's just someone who can't put on his big boy pants without his mom and no one would find that attractive.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, statsgirl said:

I demand that "Chekov purse gun" become a thing.

Never leave home without it!

As for the anniversary episode, I wasn't a fan of Emmy-bait therapy episodes way back when Bea Arthur did it in Maude, and none of the many iterations since then have changed my mind. That goes double when the "comforting one's inner child" trope is part of it. But it did help that the therapist was Kevin, to keep it less heavy-handed.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
33 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

[Michael being rich is] really the only possible attraction at this point. Michael's problem is that he's the "son" of an emotionally stunted mob boss

I'd think his parents would override his money—at least that would for me. I don't need Sonny and Carly telling me I'd better not hurt their son or else. Not to mention the fact that Carly has absolutely no boundaries whatsoever. The parents of your SO are a handful the way it is, and to add not-so-veiled threats to the deal?Yikes.  I don't care how rich the dude is. No, thank you very much. 

It does crack me up that Michael has to explain his parents to all his girlfriends. It irritates me that none of the women decide to nope out once they get a taste of Carly's inability to stay out of their lives. But of course, Michael has to be the one to end things, or else it's mutual(ish) because a woman would have to be crazy not to want to be with him. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd think his parents would override his money—at least that would for me. I don't need Sonny and Carly telling me I'd better not hurt their son or else. Not to mention the fact that Carly has absolutely no boundaries whatsoever. The parents of your SO are a handful the way it is, and to add not-so-veiled threats to the deal?Yikes.  I don't care how rich the dude is. No, thank you very much. 

It's only a matter of time before she turns on Willow. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Probably, if only because Carly hates to share anything with anyone.

Awesome Writer had to have slipped in Valentin's comment that Michael needs more disappointment in his life.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The first time Willow disagrees with her and changes Michael's mind. Or if Willow decides to choose Chase.

I laughed when Scotty used a cloth to clean off the phone at Pentonville before he used it. Unfortunately, he's now become yet another Jason propper. Meanwhile Carly is trying to bully Liz into changing her story to the DA. What is this "If you believe what your son believes" rubbish? Of course Jake believes that his father is innocent on zero evidence, that's what kids do.

Why is Peter trying to kill Finn? What has Finn ever done to him other than be Anna's ex-fiance?  That said, I'm afraid that Gregory is not long for this world and I like him so much more than Jackie.

• Love 12

Peter better not overpower Valentin and Anna, because I will have a bloody cow if that happens.

I was watching the scenes with Gregory and I kept thinking that he's such a nice man, who still loves his family even though he's been so wronged and at the end of the day really only wants what's best for his sons and then from speech to speech, I kept thinking that he is going to keel over and die in the restaurant of a heart attack. Then Peter showed up.

It's been nice knowing you, Gregory. 

Great. Now Scotty will do everything he can to rescue Jason. 

I really don't care about Joss. And I am so over this whole I know the Dean, I will talk to him and see why you've been waitlisted. Maybe I can throw a few millions and a new wing to sweeten the pot. 

Dear Jax, your precious twerp isn't the only student who applied at that school. There are people from all over the country and the world who apply to universities everywhere and are competing against everyone for a spot. Jocelyn isn't competing against her classmates from PC High, dumbass.

• Love 5

Eesh, those gray walls of the Italian restaurant are AWFUL.

Wow, is Finn a wienie. Yes, the dinner was awkward, but does he want things to be worked out or not? 

I hate that Jax wanted to call the dean of admissions because Joss was wait-listed for college. Not every qualified applicant can be admitted. Also, Joss doesn't seem to understand what being on the waiting list means. You don't have to prove yourself; you have to wait for someone who was accepted to decline. Good grief.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Meanwhile Carly is trying to bully Liz into changing her story to the DA.

Which Diane should be able to discount very easily, as Liz didn't see anything except Jason standing over Franco. That's about as circumstantial as it gets. Typical Carly, though. Stuff isn't happening at her desired pace so she tries to speed things up. Here's hoping it backfires on her.

It cracks me up that Carly keeps saying she's getting pressure from the Five Families and we've never seen it. Keep to that budget, Frank!

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I laughed when Scotty used a cloth to clean off the phone at Pentonville before he used it.

That was a nice bit of business.

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Peter trying to kill Finn? What has Finn ever done to him other than be Anna's ex-fiance? 

It would still hurt Anna if Finn died. Peter is in a scorched-earth mood, it seems. But I think (hope) Anna would realize it was Peter who hurt Finn, so Peter is cutting off his nose to spite his face here.

Didn't Nik hear that Florence was moved? Why would a bakery be able to tell him anything?

• Love 3

You know a character wears the same thing way too much when I actually thought Jason looked pretty good in his prison outfit just because it was something different for a change.

Scotty was the last holdout that always called Jason and Sonny what they were/are....murderers and just all around awful people.Now that’s gone too?!  I can’t have nice things.

Even though Jason is innocent of this particular crime doesn’t make him an innocent man.  He’s killed plenty, which everyone on the show has been pointing out constantly (that part I’ve found pretty humorous - “He wouldn’t be this sloppy!  He’s a PROFESSIONAL KILLER!”).  I really would love if Cam would point this out when his Jason apology tour inevitably commences, but I know he won’t be allowed to use such logic.

• Love 8

Was anyone else startled/disturbed/surprised by how much Gregory Harrison seemed to resemble MB today? With their graying hair, similar facial shapes and similar ages, I kept doing double takes when I looked up from my solitaire during the restaurant scenes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, rur said:

Was anyone else startled/disturbed/surprised by how much Gregory Harrison seemed to resemble MB today? With their graying hair, similar facial shapes and similar ages, I kept doing double takes when I looked up from my solitaire during the restaurant scenes.  

Don't give TPTB any ideas; FV loves to make unrelated characters related. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate that Jax wanted to call the dean of admissions because Joss was wait-listed for college. Not every qualified applicant can be admitted. Also, Joss doesn't seem to understand what being on the waiting list means. You don't have to prove yourself; you have to wait for someone who was accepted to decline. Good grief.

Intelligence is linked to the X chromosome so Joss is screwed unless she's a brilliant enough volleyball player to make up for it.

It's typical, although crappy, of Jax to want to phone the dean. Carly would probably march into his/her office demanding that Joss be accepted immediately and throwing Sonny's money around. I guess we're supposed to admire Joss for keeping her pushy parents out of it but I'm just smirking that Cameron got early admission to Stanford.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It would still hurt Anna if Finn died. Peter is in a scorched-earth mood, it seems. But I think (hope) Anna would realize it was Peter who hurt Finn, so Peter is cutting off his nose to spite his face here.

Yes, that's probably it. Anna refused his "olive branch" so now she's going to pay.

I wish that they would take the hobbles off of Anna and Valentin. so they can go after Peter properly.  This is embarrassing for two former WSB agents.

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

You know a character wears the same thing way too much when I actually thought Jason looked pretty good in his prison outfit just because it was something different for a change.

You can tell that Jason has no power there because he can't make them provide prison gear in black.

Edited by statsgirl
facepalm
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I know 

42 minutes ago, rur said:

How much to save him and have Jackie drink the "Beverage of Doom" instead.

I'm just so weary of the Peter August Hour. I have to work in the office next week and I don't know if I can muster either recording the show next week, or streaming it on Hulu the next day. I need a nice long break from breathy, smirking, scenery chewing Snidley Whiplash.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh good grief:

Being waitlisted isn't a bad thing. Often than naught it's basically, timing. 1000 people apply, you have 500 seats, you were 501. It's not a bad thing.  You just have to wait for people to finalize their decisions. 

and the thing is, like Joss suffer some disappointment like this. How would she feel if someone's rich daddy slid money across the table to bounce her out of her dream school. (I know she stopped it but think, Jax)

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yet we're supposed to believe she's "highly recruited both academically AND athletically."  Because of course she is. 

• Love 1

I really hope Carly and/or Jax don't decide to pull strings to get Joss admitted to SCU (snerk) what with the RL college admissions scandal. It will not make them look like caring parents, it will make them look like entitled assholes. Carly already is, of course, but we don't need more proof, and Jax isn't looking so great these days, either.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hope Carly and/or Jax don't decide to pull strings to get Joss admitted to SCU (snerk) what with the RL college admissions scandal. It will not make them look like caring parents, it will make them look like entitled assholes. Carly already is, of course, but we don't need more proof, and Jax isn't looking so great these days, either.

But it would be so in her character to completely control everything. This is a woman that kidnapped someone's bed ridden mother in order to get leverage. 

• Love 3

I couldn't pay attention to the show today, but I did see Carly's scene w/Liz at the end, and I was left so confused. What does Carly want from Liz? Does Carly think her precious Jason is solely in jail b/c Liz THINKS he killed Franco? If Liz suddenly doesn't think that, does Carly think the PCPD will let Jason go? Is that what Carly thinks? 

Carly is a moron. Who cares what Liz thinks? Jason is NOT in jail b/c Liz thinks he killed Franco. He's in jail b/c Liz found him over Franco's dead body and a "witness" saw him tossing a gun outside the crime scene and he was KNOWN to hate Franco and want him dead. Plus, he'a a contract killer. It's not like Liz will suddenly lie and say she didn't see him standing over her husband's body! She will continue to testify to that b/c that is what she saw. 

I wish this show employed a bit of reality. The minute Carly asked to speak to Liz alone, Liz should have said, "Is it pertaining to Josslyn and her care? Sure. If not, we have nothing to say to each other." I'm sick of seeing ppl standing around letting others talk to them any old way  or burst their way into their homes. It's annoying. LOL! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that they would take the hobbles off of Anna and Valentin. so they can go after Valentin properly.  This is embarrassing for two former WSB agents.

Ermmm, I think you mean go after Heinrik properly, oui?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Okay, now to be bitchy... when Alexis said, as she has many times before, that she is the one who always has to hold everything together, I kept thinking, girl, you have never really held things together all that well, if we look at the evidence. 

Is NLG going on a long break? They usually only flashback for big occasions like that. I also thought is was incorrigible to leave out Diane. And the only time Julian appeared was when Alexis ran over him! Poor WdV! 

Was I the only one who thought Mikkos looked like Anthony Scaramucci?! 

I think Alexis has always been neurotic and not great with her own life, but I think when she first debuted she was someone who helped keep things together, especially for Stefan. Wasn't that one of the big themes of her and Ned's relationship? That they both considered themselves the "gatekeepers" of their families?

As much as I like their friendship, it didn't even occur to me until it was brought up here that Diane wasn't in this episode. I guess they only had so much time to do the flashback, but while I thought it was overall well done, there were things that seemed to be lacking (and I absolutely could have done without the Dobson reminder.) While I get they wanted to include moments with people who were in the episode like Finn, Kevin, and Valentin , I thought it was weird there weren't at least a couple of Julian/Alexis moments, considering how important that relationship was to Alexis. Also, considering how much this show LOVES him, I was surprised there were no Sonny/Alexis moments. The biggest thing I found odd was there were important moments with Kristina and Sam, but none with Molly in the flashback. I guess they figured Molly in her cap and gown was enough Molly/Alexis focus for the episode. 

I know I recognize the actor playing Mikkos, but I can't remember from where.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I know I recognize the actor playing Mikkos, but I can't remember from where.

According to IMdB:

Young Mikkos was played by Steve Richard Harris

Kristin was Melani Minichino, who has primarily done voice work.

1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I'm just so weary of the Peter August Hour.

Good grief, what kind of issues with his parole does that waiter have that he's willing to be an accomplice to murder? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The biggest thing I found odd was there were important moments with Kristina and Sam, but none with Molly in the flashback. I guess they figured Molly in her cap and gown was enough Molly/Alexis focus for the episode. 

Molly and Alexis haven't many moments in the same way Sam and Kristina have had with Alexis. 

6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Good grief, what kind of issues with his parole does that waiter have that he's willing to be an accomplice to murder? 

He's probably not allowed to see his girlfriend because she once got a traffic ticket.

• LOL 5

"I'll take care of your parole if you do this for me" is so last year. And copying Valentin.

59 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But it would be so in her character to completely control everything. This is a woman that kidnapped someone's bed ridden mother in order to get leverage. 

And nothing but the best for the six people Carly cares about (Michael, Joss, Sonny, Jason, Donna and Wylie). Everyone else can just suffer.

33 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think Alexis has always been neurotic and not great with her own life, but I think when she first debuted she was someone who helped keep things together, especially for Stefan. Wasn't that one of the big themes of her and Ned's relationship? That they both considered themselves the "gatekeepers" of their families?

That's entirely in keeping with her neurotic idea that she has to hold everything together for everyone (which is why Kevin should have gone for that in the therapy)  and make sure it all goes smoothly.

I'm curious why she thinks that she doesn't deserve happiness (because she failed to protect her mother?) leading to her dumping the good guys and only keeping the bad ones.

• Love 1

Looks like they are maybe gearing up for a college admissions scandal. They have been known to follow the headlines, i.e., the Kayak murder, NXIVM Cult, etc. 

OMG, the "lazy Susan childhood memory coffee wheel of death" was so hilariously stupid and contrived that ME could not help but chuckle during it. When it stopped, I was like Gregory, move it another 1/4 turn to the left!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Looks like they are maybe gearing up for a college admissions scandal. They have been known to follow the headlines, i.e., the Kayak murder, NXIVM Cult, etc. 

I was wondering the same thing. They do love to be “timely” with their storylines, i.e. 2 years late. Maybe Jax will end up in a jail cell with guest star Lori Laughlin.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Molly and Alexis haven't many moments in the same way Sam and Kristina have had with Alexis. 

That's definitely true - of Alexis's daughters, Molly has had the least amount of strife with Alexis and the less dramatic life. I think her train disaster birth was the most dramatic moment of her life, which is why it would have been interesting to flashback to that. It was a little jarring to me that they showed scenes of Alexis finding out she was pregnant with Kristina - then meeting her in the hospital - and "meeting" Sam as her mother in the hospital with the first time Sam called Alexis "mom" to her face, so I thought the next scenes would be similar ones with Molly, and then they just skipped over it. It would have been a great callback to show when Alexis named her after the unsinkable Molly Brown, since Molly called Alexis "unsinkable" in the episode. Plus, since Haley Pullos has been playing Molly since they ridiculously SORASed her to a pre-teen it would have seemed like an added moment of poignancy to see young Molly after we saw her in her cap and gown. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously. The actor gave off an air of someone being arrested for something small like jaywalking, yet never questioned someone more than likely asking him to poison someone.

I didn't finish the episode before I came here, but they couldn't have made it more obvious something was going to happen to Gregory. That speech he gave sounded like someone giving their own eulogy.

SHUT UP, VALENTIN. I'm so sick of him preaching to people the wonders of going to prison and redeeming yourself when he's never taken any responsibility for his various crimes.

• Love 5

I don't think that Peter is trying to kill Finn at all. He needs Anna to be focused on someone besides himself. Finn is a recovering addict. If Finn starts using again, Anna will be distracted and will try to help him.

So waiter is going to slip some drug into Finn's coffee.

Unfortunately, Gregory will most likely drink it thanks to the Wheel of Doom, and some pre-existing heart condition may cause him to die. Thus adding three more people onto the list of future suspects in Who Killed Peter.

Finally, as much as I love Valentin, why should he get a chance to be a father to Charlotte or this fake baby, but Peter shouldn't be allowed to be near his daughter. Half the show has a bunch of killers and serial criminals on it. They get to be  parents to their children (if they choose to) but god forbid Peter gets near his child.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I was wondering the same thing. They do love to be “timely” with their storylines, i.e. 2 years late. Maybe Jax will end up in a jail cell with guest star Lori Laughlin.

I was hoping it would be Carly.  Because you know when she finds out about the waitlist, she'll be on the phone in a hot minute.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

OMG, the "lazy Susan childhood memory coffee wheel of death" was so hilariously stupid and contrived that ME could not help but chuckle during it. When it stopped, I was like Gregory, move it another 1/4 turn to the left!!!

Was Nelle killing her boyfriend based on the Kayak murder?

4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Looks like they are maybe gearing up for a college admissions scandal. 

I agree, but Carly will probably be the one to pay Joss' way in, since Jax already bought her a kidney.  Maybe she'll hang out with Alexis when she does her 30 days.  And Carly needs a storyline.  <rme>

Valentine and Anna, more shooting, less talking.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

some pre-existing heart condition

Likely it will be discovered only now, to hammer home the unfairness of it all. Subtle this show isn't.

20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Valentine and Anna, more shooting, less talking.

Maybe this is how

Shawn

fits into things, heh.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I agree, but Carly will probably be the one to pay Joss' way in, since Jax already bought her a kidney.  Maybe she'll hang out with Alexis when she does her 30 days.  And Carly needs a storyline.  (rme)

Carly will be thrilled to be in prison with Jason.  The poor guy can't get away from the Shebeast.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Spencer never in his life called Laura "Grandma". It's always been Grandmother. Did the writers forget or are we supposed to think the flowers Laura got aren't from him. I mean, Dante's letters to Olivia from the WSB facility called her "Mom" and not Ma like he usually does.

• Useful 1