Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

No one kill me, but I wouldn’t mind if Spencer had remained Little John. At least he wouldn’t have been a pompous, elitist, asshole, swanning around town calling people “townies”, and living in Dracula’s castle. 

No, he'd only be like Joss because Carly's parenting and Jax's hands off approach are A+.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

No one kill me, but I wouldn’t mind if Spencer had remained Little John. At least he wouldn’t have been a pompous, elitist, asshole, swanning around town calling people “townies”, and living in Dracula’s castle. 

Is Joss a ringing endorsement of Carly and Jax's parenting? Are any of Carly's kids an endorsement of her parenting? Because Carly promised to have an active role in his life. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

LOL at Taggert's dig at Jason being in jail.

Of course Olivia has her rosary out. She's such a terrible cliché. And she sucks for being all gung-ho about Sam and reading Lulu the riot act when she had the nerve to date Dustin. Shut up, Olivia. (Poor LiLoC.)

Kevin fixed Dante offscreen? Alrighty, then. 

"I was thinking about Wiley." Ugh, when doesn't Michael think about that kid? 

It cracks me up that Sonny has no desire to figure out who he is. I mean, Carly, so I don't blame him, but still. He doesn't think he might have kids who want to see him? It's such lazy storytelling. And since when does he care about "balancing the scales"? I know, IRONY. *rme*

Martin has had three wives; what are the odds at least one of them will show up soon in Port Charles?

I wish they'd speed up whatever plans they have for Cyrus. He's tedious when all he does is walk around and make opaque pronouncements.

Laura's cake for Martin was adorable.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kevin fixed Dante offscreen? Alrighty, then. 

Dante stayed away from Lulu and divorced her for no reason, then, if Kevin could do in one night what the WSB couldn't do in three years.

And not that conflict of interest means anything on this show, but I distinctly remember Kevin referring Jake to a different therapist/encouraging the art therapy with Franco because at the time Kevin was dating Laura. That was the same reasoning he gave why he couldn't testify for Lulu at Charlotte's custody hearing, but now apparently that doesn't matter and Kevin can work with Dante, the father of one of Kevin's (step)grandchildren?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

Do we think Dante's brainwashing story is dunzo? This was such an abrupt end—Kevin spends an hour with Dante and he's now peachy keen—that I can't decide. Or is it a red herring and Dante will try to kill Peter again?

On the other hand, if Dante can't/won't kill Peter, they might as well cure him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Given Joss as an example of Jax and Carly's stellar parenting, I think he would have just been a different flavor of pompous, elitist asshole.

• Love 6

Britt sounded as if she were a stupid naive waif today. Poor Britt.

That was spectacularly anti-climactic, even for GH. I think for all intents and purposes, the story is moving on, although they've left the door open to use it if they want. I think they are pretty much moving on because Dante said he was going to have a few more sessions just in case, and Peter is on his guard.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Given Joss as an example of Jax and Carly's stellar parenting, I think he would have just been a different flavor of pompous, elitist asshole.

Joss has spent a lot of time with Sonny, which has to leave a mark.

22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Britt sounded as if she were a stupid naive waif today. Poor Britt.

I know. I kept thinking, "This isn't her first time in Port Charles." Good grief. 

I did enjoy Sam seeing Jason holding Britt's shaky hand, though. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I vastly prefer Joss over Spencer, and Spencer would not have had the exposure to Sonny.  Sonny is his uncle as Spencer, and no one to him as Jax’s kid. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I vastly prefer Joss over Spencer, and Spencer would not have had the exposure to Sonny.  Sonny is his uncle as Spencer, and no one to him as Jax’s kid. 🤷‍♀️

Sonny would have still been his uncle as Courtney was his sister.

• Love 4

It makes sense to end Dante's brainwashing story now. It was only there to explain why DZ was off the canvas and if he's not going to kill Peter, might as well cure him and let Obrecht loose to do it.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I feel he should be dead by now.

I admire your determination to erase Wylie.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Martin has had three wives; what are the odds at least one of them will show up soon in Port Charles?

As soon as he gets into a relationship with someone else, I'd say it's a sure bet. Possibly with an unknown child.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Heck, Wife is probably already in Port Charles or related to someone we know in Port Charles. Or maybe she is someone Sonny finds on his way home.

• LOL 8
57 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Like @nilyank said, Sonny is his uncle regardless, and with Carly as his "mother" (because you know if it weren't for the interference of that truth-telling harridan Robin, Caroline would have claimed that kid forever) he would have inevitably had Sonny as a stepfather as well.

I think the kid was doomed from the start. Or at least since Emily died, she may have annoyed me with her smug self-righteousness, but I think she would've been a decent mom and would probably have forced Nikolas to be a decent dad.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3

Dammit. Of course ComCRAP would treat today’s episode as a repeat instead of a new episode, so it didn’t record.

Now but behave to watch it on Hulu tomorrow or Sunday night to see it. The on Demand on ComCRAP as Wednesday’s episode as the most recent.

"I was thinking about Wiley." Ugh, when doesn't Michael think about that kid? 

Followed up with a phone call with Willow to check on the kid and of course lil' Richie Rich was having a tantrum because his favorite toy wasn't within two feet of him.  He's going to grow up to be an insufferable brat thanks to Michael.  Unless that heart condition takes him out (tips my hat to @dubbel zout)

Also, granted, I wasn't paying total attention when Peter killed Franco, but...did he frame Jason?  I think that was happenstance that Jason showed up.  So unless they're changing the story, Jason is...wait for it...wrong.  Which probably means they're changing it because Jason can't be wrong.

It cracks me up that Sonny has no desire to figure out who he is.

He feels so at hope in the bar because of all the glasses there. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Like @nilyank said, Sonny is his uncle regardless, and with Carly as his "mother" (because you know if it weren't for the interference of that truth-telling harridan Robin, Caroline would have claimed that kid forever) he would have inevitably had Sonny as a stepfather as well.

I think the kid was doomed from the start. Or at least since Emily died, she may have annoyed me with her smug self-righteousness, but I think she would've been a decent mom and would probably have forced Nikolas to be a decent dad.

It might have better than the revolving door of Nikolas’ girlfriends/wives, and being abandoned when Nik “died”. I don’t detest Carly with the fire of a thousand suns, like most, and I don’t think Joss is the monster many think. I guess that colors my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, granted, I wasn't paying total attention when Peter killed Franco, but...did he frame Jason?  I think that was happenstance that Jason showed up.  So unless they're changing the story, Jason is...wait for it...wrong.  Which probably means they're changing it because Jason can't be wrong.

Peter did frame Jason, by having Cyrus pay off Gladys to be the "eyewitness" to Jason throwing the gun in the trash chute. It's a bit of a stretch, to be sure, but the time line can work with a bit of handwaving.

• Love 2

So Nina agrees to write an article on the Tan-O but cautions that it won’t be seen for several months. That makes perfect sense because the magazine is planned well in advance, but then what good will it do Phyllis? They need the publicity now, not in 3-6 months. I mean, I get the point is to make Sonny look good, but it’s still stupid.

The GH doctors have interesting books in their offices. And apparently none of those books has anything to do with the doctor’s specialty. Finn has nursing books and Kevin has encyclopedias. Including a picture book. And another on respiratory disease ...

image.jpeg.7c4a76854b9ddc0465dd966215f2d38d.jpeg

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So Nina agrees to write an article on the Tan-O but cautions that it won’t be seen for several months. That makes perfect sense because the magazine is planned well in advance, but then what good will it do Phyllis? They need the publicity now, not in 3-6 months. I mean, I get the point is to make Sonny look good, but it’s still stupid.

Right !?  And is Nina, the editor in chief, actually going to write the article ? 

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

And is Nina, the editor in chief, actually going to write the article ?

Yeah I had the same question but then she did say she could have someone write it. I presume the magazine hires actual writers and doesn’t rely on the editor who awoke from a 25-year coma and became a media magnate 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It makes sense to end Dante's brainwashing story now. It was only there to explain why DZ was off the canvas and if he's not going to kill Peter, might as well cure him and let Obrecht loose to do it.

Wait, why are we so quick to dismiss my idea of having Peter fall over Nathan's grave and die from a brain injury or his own gun going off thereby allowing Leisl to run around town telling everyone how her Nathan managed to kill Peter from beyond the grave to protect Maxie and little James?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

The GH doctors have interesting books in their offices. And apparently none of those books has anything to do with the doctor’s specialty. Finn has nursing books and Kevin has encyclopedias. Including a picture book. And another on respiratory disease ...

image.jpeg.7c4a76854b9ddc0465dd966215f2d38d.jpeg

why is a fashion magazine writing about a bar?

• Love 2
On 3/25/2021 at 11:39 AM, dubbel zout said:

Same here. If Valentin and Anna don't meet somewhere public, he usually goes to her house. But I guess Charlotte and Violet have had other playdates? If Charlotte is around 11 (her age is always a plot point), she's being pretty nice about hanging with Violet.

Yes, she's being nice (because of poor writing).  Charlotte and Aiden are the same age; they were in the same class.  Aiden should be 11.  Maybe Charlotte liked being a big sister-type influence on Violet? Charlotte, Aiden, and Avery were all at Violet's birthday. Avery and Violet are about the same age. 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, statsgirl said:

Why is Britt acting like Jason has never been in prison before? Has she met him? And of course Jaysus is the only one who has noticed her hand trembling, and of course Sam saw him holding her hand.

I think she is feeling stressed, and remembering/projecting her feelings about being in prison while visiting Jason in his jail cell. She does not want to deal with Cyrus without Jason. Also, Sam's bitchface at seeing Jason holding Britt's hand was funny.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Olivia has her rosary out. She's such a terrible cliché. And she sucks for being all gung-ho about Sam and reading Lulu the riot act when she had the nerve to date Dustin. Shut up, Olivia. (Poor LiLoC.)

Laura's cake for Martin was adorable.

Well, she is gung-ho about Sam being a supportive friend to Dante who stopped him from murdering someone and going to prison as a result. I can understand that.  It's not really comparable to Lulu and Dustin's romance. 

The cake was adorable!

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I did enjoy Sam seeing Jason holding Britt's shaky hand, though. 

Same here. She was clearly very jealous and also mad that she witnessed it because she came to see him out of concern, but knew she's not in place to give him a hard time about it since she's the one who broke things off (and also recently held Dante's hand).

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

today’s episode

Highlights; Sam's face and then demeanor with Jason because of seeing him holding Britt's hand/the two having a "moment." Laura talking to Martin about growing up with her sister Amy.  Carly being irritated at Cyrus offering his condolences.  Taggert calling Jason his "roommate" in the jail and the dig about Jason's history.  Anna sticking up for Robert and his career (not present in scene) when Olivia dismissed the WSB as a disaster.

35 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Wait, why are we so quick to dismiss my idea of having Peter fall over Nathan's grave and die from a brain injury or his own gun going off thereby allowing Leisl to run around town telling everyone how her Nathan managed to kill Peter from beyond the grave to protect Maxie and little James?

PLEASE get a job writing for GH and MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!! 

• Love 6

Caught it on ABC app.

This show is SOOOOO STOOOPID. Someone PLEASE just give someone, all of them just ONE DVD of Law & Order!

Discovery isn’t even close to happening yet. And SheBeast should have been demanding  why Diane couldn’t share what she would get from the DA when she was on the phone. And she proved what an absolute MORON she is by tipping her hand to Cyrus about Gladys. She effectively put Brando in the crosshairs. Hateful TWAT.

My head canon tells me Olivia is thanking Sam for being the best thing for Dante because of her previous connection to Mooby via Jaysus. And because both hated Julian.

And she can just shut up about how crooked the WSB* is as she was more than willing to play at being a spy with Robert. And acting as if she could have done anything to Kirk had she known when she went to visit Dante. Just stay in your lane, as they say. 

I hope it was Robert Anna was calling.

*Yeah, yeah. The plan to try and find Holly wasn’t a WSB operation, but close enough. 

And SLS can also STFU about hoping that Nina gets the help she needs, as if she had suffered a mental breakdown before leaving town. This idiot can’t even think for himself; just parrots what his Cujo of a mother spews.

Loved the scenes with Laura and Martin.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she can just shut up about how crooked the WSB* is as she was more than willing to play at being a spy with Robert. And acting as if she could have done anything to Kirk had she known when she went to visit Dante. Just stay in your lane, as they say. 

Though it's extremely annoying, this is totally in character for Olivia. She has this delusional mentality that she's the ultimate Bensonhurst badass Italian mama.  She recently made noise about wanting to get at Peter for firing Dante. Before that, she threatened Tracy when Tracy said she would go get Leo for his adoption celebration, as she - Olivia - was trying to figure out why Tracy had framed Alexis for drunk driving.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Whatever happened to the Crimson website?  Back from when the "Garden of good and Ava" issue, where readers were commenting on the story.  Why couldn't she just put something on the website?  Does this mean they'll continue Sonny in Mayberry for months, until he's seen in the background of the photo accompanying the article?

Oh Dante, Lulu is comatose and has more energy and animation than Sam.   Please don't go there.  Why don't you go sit by Lulu's bedside, instead?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Fashion magazines do have articles on things not related to fashion. 

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

they do... but out of a way local bar?

Hey, I'm never going to get over the "Real Women" issue, with its profiles of Bobbie, Epiphany, Maxie, Olivia, etc. Honestly, the only one in the bunch with a life I can imagine anyone outside Port Charles caring to read about is Anna, and I doubt she'd have been cleared to talk about the most exciting parts of her international spy history. Yet that issue was said to be flying off the shelves, solidifying Nina's position as a genius editor. 

Crimson is weirdly handled. It's supposed to be a major fashion magazine with a large readership, but on the rare occasions we hear about content, it sounds like the local paper. So a piece on the Tan-O sounds about right. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And it was Sonny's idea so you know it's genius.

And so compassionate! It's really all about compassion, something Nina clearly lacked for her friend who dropped everything to go to PC when Nina called her.

10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Same here. She was clearly very jealous and also mad that she witnessed it because she came to see him out of concern, but knew she's not in place to give him a hard time about it since she's the one who broke things off (and also recently held Dante's hand).

That wasn't my read on this. Jason was already hanging out around Britt before Sam dumped him, but she has no idea about that because Jason told her next to nothing about everything. I think she was more surprised than jealous, but she also dumped him, so it's not like she can give him grief for holding a woman's wrist.

Britt hanging out around Jason is depressing. But since he had accepted her as a good person, I'm sure the rest of the town will line up to tell her how wrong they were and how much they love her. The Jasus Effect.

• Love 2

Except Carly, because Britt won't be "good enough" for him. And if they do form a relationship, she will educate Britt very quickly that Britt isn't Jason's first priority. 

Earlier this week, when Ava and Carly had their bitch-off at the Metro Court, the line of Ava's that everyone was high-fiving over was something like "Come on, Carly. We both know you're the one who pulls the strings," when Carly said Michael and Willow decide who sees Wiley. That was good, yes, but the line I loved even more came a little later, when Carly said that Nina had upset Willow. Ava replied, "And you just love doling out the punishments, don't you?" She really does. Laura Wright expertly plays a shrew who's gotten a taste of privilege and gets off on being in the power seat.

• Love 14

I enjoyed Cyrus needling Carly yesterday about Jason being in jail. But him asking (facetiously) if perhaps Carly is the real source of power in Sonny’s organization makes me worry that Carly really will try to exert some control. Of course Cyrus would love that because she’d screw up everything in very short order, thus ensuring Cyrus of Sonny’s ‘empire.’ Carly is just too hot-headed and impulsive to take the reigns of a crime family.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Well, [Olivia] is gung-ho about Sam being a supportive friend to Dante who stopped him from murdering someone and going to prison as a result. I can understand that.  It's not really comparable to Lulu and Dustin's romance. 

She's seen Sam and Dante looking cozy in non-murder situations and hasn't said boo, whereas Lulu could barely talk to Dustin without Olivia bristling about betraaaaayal.

11 hours ago, Daisy said:
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Fashion magazines do have articles on things not related to fashion. 

they do... but out of a way local bar?

It's possible if there's a decent hook. There isn't one here, of course, except that the plot demands it.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sonny in Mayberry

*snerk*

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Except Carly, because Britt won't be "good enough" for him. And if they do form a relationship, she will educate Britt very quickly that Britt isn't Jason's first priority. 

If Britt and Jason do get together, I hope they make Britt one of the few who stands up to Carly in a big way. Faison and Liesel's daughter should be able to mop the floor with a two-bit mob wife.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I enjoyed Cyrus needling Carly yesterday about Jason being in jail. But him asking (facetiously) if perhaps Carly is the real source of power in Sonny’s organization makes me worry that Carly really will try to exert some control. Of course Cyrus would love that because she’d screw up everything in very short order, thus ensuring Cyrus of Sonny’s ‘empire.’ Carly is just too hot-headed and impulsive to take the reigns of a crime family.

Didn't Tamara Braun's Carly already do that? I vaguely remember a baseball bat.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's seen Sam and Dante looking cozy in non-murder situations and hasn't said boo, whereas Lulu could barely talk to Dustin without Olivia bristling about betraaaaayal

Why would she? Dante is her son and she wants him to be happy. Lulu was betraying HER SON, hence the animosity. I’m not defending Olivia, just offering an explanation for how it’s different.

• Love 5

Britt freakin out made no sense to me. She seems to know all about Jason’s crimes, yet didn’t know that, just like her, he has been in prison? Remember, Show? With that idiotic plot where he got himself put in Pentonville to watch over the SLS, but not in time to prevent his rape. And then it took some time for him to get released.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Lulu was betraying HER SON, hence the animosity.

They were divorced, at Dante's insistence. The double standard is what I hate. Dustin in Rocco's life was a step too far but Olivia is fine with Sam as potential stepmom? Whatever.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They were divorced, at Dante's insistence. The double standard is what I hate. Dustin in Rocco's life was a step too far but Olivia is fine with Sam as potential stepmom? Whatever.

Agreed, I don't like Olivia overall. She annoys. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That wasn't my read on this. Jason was already hanging out around Britt before Sam dumped him, but she has no idea about that because Jason told her next to nothing about everything. I think she was more surprised than jealous, but she also dumped him, so it's not like she can give him grief for holding a woman's wrist.

Sam saw Jason and Britt talking comfortably (with Britt looking gorgeous in the red dress) the day of Maxie and Peter's non-wedding, and Jason told Sam something about monitoring things at the hospital.  So she knew they had some sort of alliance. But now she sees Britt in  Jason's jail cell, and he's holding her hand.  I interpreted Sam's look as surprise mixed with jealousy and hurt that Jason appears to be having a personal moment in some sort of partnership with a woman (who's not Carly).  There seems to be a level of trust and understanding between Jason and Sam that he and Sam haven't had in a long time, if ever.  I wonder if the fact that Britt is also an educated woman, with a high-profile job as chief of staff at GH, also stings. 

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

the line I loved even more came a little later, when Carly said that Nina had upset Willow. Ava replied, "And you just love doling out the punishments, don't you?" She really does. Laura Wright expertly plays a shrew who's gotten a taste of privilege and gets off on being in the power seat.

Yes, I liked that line more and I totally agree with your assessment of Laura Wright. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Britt freakin out made no sense to me. She seems to know all about Jason’s crimes, yet didn’t know that, just like her, he has been in prison? Remember, Show? With that idiotic plot where he got himself put in Pentonville to watch over the SLS, but not in time to prevent his rape. And then it took some time for him to get released.

As I said before: I think she is feeling stressed, and remembering/projecting her feelings about being in prison while visiting Jason in his jail cell. I'm sure she knows Jason has been to prison before. She does not want to deal with Cyrus without Jason. She said something about how being in Pentonville is less scary than facing Cyrus.  Jason acting so calm made her concerned that he doesn't fully appreciate what he's dealing with when it comes to Peter. It's not the same as dealing with the less intelligent/devious Mob guys in his world.  

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia, Sam and Dante haven't said a word about Sam as a potential stepmom, since Sam and Dante aren't actually dating at the moment. Olivia said Sam has been good for Dante; she didn't mention Rocco.  Sam has not been in a scene with Rocco so far, whereas Dustin and Rocco started forming a bond on-screen pretty soon after the Dustin character met Lulu. I recall Rocco said something in front of Olivia and others at a family holiday that he saw Dustin with his arm around Mom. Then Olivia overheard Lulu and Laura's conversation about how Laura had recently walked in on Lulu in bed with Dustin, at a time when the ink was barely dry on the Lante divorce papers.  Of course she was upset. I'm not a fan of Olivia, but I get that Dante's health and having his family waiting for him when he eventually came home were her priorities (however unrealistic). 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She also harangued Lulu about not forgiving and taking back Dante quickly enough when he cheated while she’s icing out Ned right now for the same thing Dante did. Olivia is a hypocrite when it comes to Dante. She can be mostly reasonable about things unless he’s involved. Then it all goes out the window. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Peter did frame Jason, by having Cyrus pay off Gladys to be the "eyewitness" to Jason throwing the gun in the trash chute. It's a bit of a stretch, to be sure, but the time line can work with a bit of handwaving.

Oh, right, I did forget that part.  I was thinking more along the lines of Jason was saying that somehow Peter set him up to be at the art studio to get caught.  Like I said--it doesn't matter because even though in this case he's right?  Jason's always in the right, even when he's not.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like Olivia for the most part, unless she's ragging on Julian. She's one of the more reasonable characters on the show. But when she goes into full-blown Italian-mamma mode, ugh.

The cliches just send me.  The trays of baked ziti, the rosary.  I'm shocked she wasn't in full  head-to-toe black yesterday, including a veil. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 3/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, statsgirl said:

Britt/Jason >>>>> Dante/Sam.  I can't believe I wrote that.

I hate myself for liking them.

Though I'm super bummed that they don't seem to be going for the super obvious Dante/Brit  hate to love thing, setting it up for her to be Rocco's stepmom and back in "her baby"'s life when Lulu wakes from her coma.  (I think they would be pretty and it would be disgustingly soapy, but I don't really think it would work anyway)

I understood that Kevin broke down Dante's programing by Dr. Kirk, not the initial brainwashing.  I had sort of assumed that Dante had been deprogrammed to be reprogrammed (like wiping a hard drive to reuse it), so that's why he's better.  I would also assume that the second programming wasn't as deep set as the original.

• Love 3

Hoo boy, I don't love that we're nudging Britt into true Jason love interest territory with her visit to him at the prison and the leather jacket visual signifier and, of course, Sam misinterpreting A Moment between them.  But I did at least appreciate she somewhat veered back to a more self-serving motive for her visit - wanting him to honor their alliance and protect her from any Cyrus blowback.  And I really liked that she couldn't just swan into the holding cells (a trope I hate on this show), but smartly faked her way in.  I'm also down with the slight retcon they did re: Britt's time on the run with Faison because I never bought the original 'Eh, he wasn't so bad!" version of the story during her first return.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Though it's extremely annoying, this is totally in character for Olivia. She has this delusional mentality that she's the ultimate Bensonhurst badass Italian mama.  She recently made noise about wanting to get at Peter for firing Dante. Before that, she threatened Tracy when Tracy said she would go get Leo for his adoption celebration, as she - Olivia - was trying to figure out why Tracy had framed Alexis for drunk driving.

Yeah, I can't believe (by that I mean I totally can) that they try to pass her off as this old school mama bear hardass when she forgave and then banged the guy who tried to murder her son.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, YaddaYadda said:

You pissing yourself is irrelevant since you weren't walking around PC threatening every person in your path and telling them how you would win, or fucking with them because someone planted evidence against their ex so that your ass would be safe from them. 

Oh, look at me, the big bad. Now watch me cry and beg for my life.

Peter is a punk ass bitch. Eat your bullet and STFU, Peter. 

Given how ineffective Dante’s conditioning has proven, it seems ridiculous that Liesl hasn’t killed Petrik herself.  She’s shown herself to be very capable in the past.  How hard would it be for them to poi do him with something undetectable?

• Love 6
On 3/24/2021 at 12:35 PM, perkie1968 said:

Really?  What makes you think that?  Are you thinking that she'll get Valentin to sign over his ELQ whatevers then say ha, ha, I was never pregnant, jokes on you.  Because now that I say it out loud I could see that happening.  Though considering how happy Valentin is right now, I'd be very sad to see him hurt that way.  He doesn't deserve it.  Peter on the other hand......

Where I come from you have a birthing class the first time around, and that's it.  Unless it's been years since your last baby and you want a refresher, but those classes are such a waste of time, you dont' need them after the first time.  

That was my first thought the moment BL became evasive about seeing an OB.  

Oh, and I want the local mob to be responsible for smashing the windows at the Tan-O.  Because Phyllis wouldn't pay protection money.  And I want Sonny to be angry about the mob hurtin' these nice people.  And then I want him to find out that he is one of those bully mobsters.

• Love 8