Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I know most (all?) here think that we're supposed to have been seeing some sort of triangle with Anna/Finn/Hayden, but I just don't think that's been the case at all. Sure, Hayden still has feelings for Finn, but that's not been the case for him. Anna has been gone for months. Hayden has been right there, making it quite obvious that she still has very real feelings for Finn. If Finn had feelings for her, viewers would definitely know it. GH is anything but subtle. There would be tense moments where they are gazing into each other's eyes before Finn pulled away guiltily. Him getting too close, and then pulling away, near kisses, lingering touches, lingering looks. Finn would be having flashbacks to romantic moments with them. (Something that Hayden has done once or twice.) None of that happened.

Sure, Finn forgave Hayden walking out on him on their wedding day, and then forgave her for lying to him about the miscarriage and having his child, but that makes sense to me also and neither is attributable to some great torch he's still carrying for her. Finn is always going to have a soft spot for her because she was there at (arguably) the worst time in his life and literally helped save him.

He'll always care for her because of that. Plus, since he's no longer in love with her, the anger and bitterness that would have come with the opposite of love (hate) just isn't there. He just doesn't have those super-strong feelings for her anymore. All of his strong emotional reaction to any of this is wrapped up in his daughter. He just doesn't have it in him to care about getting angry at Hayden because, really, who cares? What's done is done. She's not a part of his life anymore really, other than as Violet's mother. It's all about Violet.

So that lack, in my opinion, of there really being any sort of triangle brings me to this query about today's episode:

4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

What was the point of that Hayden and Kim scene? I thought from the previews that Hayden knew who Kim is and was going to tell her off but I feel like I missed something. Yesterday seemed like a more natural end for Kim 

I found the scenes between Anna and Finn lovely. It showed a couple who were very open, honest and comfortable with one another. They're confident in their love, but still trying to figure things out because of her independence and running off to do her spy-thing and the fact that he's a father now. They want to make sure to get things on track because they love each other and are committed.

Now to the question, what was so telling, I think, was that those scenes of them were contrasted with Hayden buddying it up with Kim, a woman who has very severe and clear issues with letting go of the past/a love who isn't available to her anymore. *That* was the point of the Hayden and Kim scenes, I thought.

Kim was unable to move on, while FrankenDrew was doing so, letting go of "his" past for a future that was earned (at least in the show's parlance). Meanwhile, Kim was talking to Hayden who doesn't seem to quite get that Finn has moved on with a future that he has earned. That was my take anyway.

Speaking of FrankenDrew, I thought those scenes were really well done and I hope that the depth of communication all-around (in the Finn/Anna scenes, as well as the Elizabeth/FnD ones) are a sign that this new co-headwriter is going to let, you know, actual talking between the characters be a thing. That would be nice.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 9

I feel the same way and this is probably the first time I’ve felt this way about a baby swap. It’s not even because I think Michael would be a bad father but it’s annoying to see the Corinthos family get another win and Michael is the dullest leading man in daytime so making him a single father won’t help matters. Plus, Lucas and Willow are going to be crushed by this and I can’t see Carson being remotely sympathetic in this situation. 

• Love 12

But once the baby secret comes out, what's going to happen?  Michael takes the child and either adds him to Monica's daycare at the Quartermaine mansion or to Carly's daycare at Casa Corinthos.  Big deal.

Michael is (theoretically) the very busy CEO of a major company so he doesn't have time to be a hands on daddy and the idea of him and Sasha taking care of Wylie-now-Jonah fills me with all the excitement of an Anna/Finn scene.

The payoff of the baby swap story is all in the suspense of what happens before it gets found out. Once it's in the open, it's going to be a major snooze.

• Love 11

I figure they could get to the baby's second birthday before the truth comes out.  And then I see some kind of legal battle between Lucas and Michael... maybe. 

ETA: The resolution I want is for Brad to be locked up for kidnapping/custodial interferance/whatever and for Lucas and Michael to be co-parents together.  It's gonna be messy either way, but I don't want either of them deprived of their child.  I'm one of the few who want Michael to not be hurt.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 3

I had thought that the reveal of the baby switch would kick off a triangle with Michael either with Willow and Chase or with Willow and Sasha, that Wiley not being Wiley but being Jonah would weirdly pull Michael and Willow together, but they kinda dropped that, it seems.

What I really wish is that Michael would take Jonah to an international ELQ office for a while.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I wonder what happened with that because they were pushing that Michael/Willow/Chase triangle for awhile and dropped it out of nowhere to hook him up with Sasha. I never thought Sasha was planned to be a long term character so I really didn’t think her and Michael would still be together. Either way, I’m kinda glad if that was dropped since Michael and Willow were boring together. I thought Willow was going to be dull in general based on how she was when she first got on but she showed some fire when dealing with MS’s Nina and Shiloh. I don’t think Michael works as the other man because I haven’t seen him have chemistry with anyone except Abby so I wouldn’t buy him stealing a girl from someone like Chase. 

• Love 1

Real talk about the baby switch though.  The person who is going to be most hurt is probably Willow.  Lucas will still be Wiley/Jonah's family, but she will be nobody, and the baby that she left a cult and uprooted her entire world to protect will be dead and gone.  I almost want this switch to go on until after Willow has become so entrenched in the baby's life as "aunt Willow" or whatever that they can't cut her out.

ETA: I don't see Michael as the kind of guy who would do that, but you never know on this show.  I also think it's too late to change his name back to Jonah, a name I loathe as much as I do Wiley.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Just out of curiosity, how long did the baby switch for Starr/Tess whoever last?

Like six months?  The switch happened during November sweeps 2008 and came out that next May.

I just checked back and the Sam/Tea switch was even shorter, end of May to October of the same year.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Real talk about the baby switch though.  The person who is going to be most hurt is probably Willow.  Lucas will still be Wiley/Jonah's family, but she will be nobody, and the baby that she left a cult and uprooted her entire world to protect will be dead and gone.  I almost want this switch to go on until after Willow has become so entrenched in the baby's life as "aunt Willow" or whatever that they can't cut her out.

And you think that would tee up the triangle - Willow is hurting, Michael feels for her pain and lets her be part of the baby's life, Chase and/or Sasha become jealous over the connection they have, etc.  But the setup has faded away. 

• Love 1

I agree, you would think that setup would be rolling hard by now, but nothing.  Either they are going an unexpected route or the change in writing is clearing the board to put that all in place.  

I do think it was the plan before they decided to keep Sasha around.  Maybe she will leave when they finish up the Valentine lie.  

9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Aside from Kristina where there were BTS issues involved in keeping the paternity secret for so long, this has to be the longest time it took a baby secret to come out with both parties on the show. 

No, it took a little over a year before Robin told AJ about Michael. I think, even though his paternity was years before Kristina's.

For someone as savvy as Diane, I can't believe she didn't squeeze Sam's hand hard to not be all giddy and turn toward Jason until the judge had rendered her verdict on ALL the charges. Since it appeared that Sam was aware there was more than one; not just the murder. 

Jeebus Fucking Christ, this FAKAKTA show. When the Feds swooped in, deciding to charge Sam, there was only mention of murder; not manslaughter AND negligent homicide! Just ridiculous. Just make sure every single charge that could be charged in case she's found guilty of the highest, to cover the prosecuter's case.  And then Sam's stoopid teary to Diane to "make sure" the parole board "would" release her. Dumbass. Both the show and Sam. In order for the Parole board to grant you release, you have to show fucking remorse for what you did. And no way in hell will Sam do that.

Yes, Olivia, only your LOVE can help Dante recover from his PTSD, and how DARE Dante tell you to stop writing him? Not that those letters are just more additional pressures on him and make it more difficult to get through his treatment. I wish they'd just recast Dante, like they've done to every other character at this point. Or maybe, have Lucky, who had to leave because of all the "dark spaces" sneak into see Dante and help him through, (Sarcasm here, if it wasn't clear) since they were not only once related, but partners.

NO WAY will I buy that Hayden didn't know who Kim was. Has her head been under a rock that she wouldn't read about the case since it was a high profile one? Or from all the conversations that she and Liz had? Or that Lucy wouldn't give her the name of the owner of the condo she was going to rent from? PUHLEAZE.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

NO WAY will I buy that Hayden didn't know who Kim was. Has her head been under a rock that she wouldn't read about the case since it was a high profile one? Or from all the conversations that she and Liz had? Or that Lucy wouldn't give her the name of the owner of the condo she was going to rent from? PUHLEAZE.

STUPID, STUPID plot point. Which they didn't even need to do. I buy that Hayden hasn't been interested in other goings on by reading up on it. She's clearly been involved in other priorities for her. Also that Lucy was so ditzy that she didn't give Kim's last name or a name at all. She probably just referred to her as "the seller". 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This baby swap is also weird in that, while I want it to be over, I do not care one iota about Michael getting his child back, not the way I should as a soap viewer.  Michael's no Bianca.

He shouldn't have a kid in the first place, which really undercuts things.

• Love 8

Love how Sonny is all over town and up in everyone's business while his BFF's life is being turned upside down. That's true friendship right there, makes me fucking weep. I'm sure Sonny and Carly will come looking for Jason ...next time they need something. 

At this point, I'm almost relieved when ABC News cuts in. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree Brad needs to tell Lucas the truth about Wiley and let the chips fall where they may. The secret is going to come out eventually; Brad has to realize that. Might as well try to mitigate the damage as much as possible.

This would be the time to weave in Brad's family's ties to crime in the Asian quarter. In a perfect world, it would be soapy to find out that not only was the child was never Michael's, as Lala2 suggested, but that it also  had some blood tie to Brad, which would keep Sonny in check.

14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Maurice Bernard's smile at Brook Lynn paying the Port Charles entry toll by commenting on Sonny's prowess with the ladies (ew!) really skeeved me out.

That shi#-eating grin on his face made me start wondering when was  the last time I truly found MB attractive -- the answer was the Nico and Cecily romance on AMC back in the '80s.

14 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I was going to be super gracious and say that Roger actually did a decent job today until he busted out that lame accent. Please shut up.

And this is why I have no respect for RoHo as an actor: there's pretty much no excuse for an allegedly "wonderful" actor not maintaining a consistent persona from scene to scene, and I can't think of any excuse for starting to talk with an accent halfway through a scene. 

When someone is consistently and visibly half-assing their work every day, (and I'm thinking of other GH actors besides RoHo, too . . . ) I tend to view it as a direct insult to the audience, since apparently the actors must think we won't notice the sloppy work.

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, driver18 said:

Anna has been gone for months. Hayden has been right there, making it quite obvious that she still has very real feelings for Finn. If Finn had feelings for her, viewers would definitely know it. GH is anything but subtle. There would be tense moments where they are gazing into each other's eyes before Finn pulled away guiltily. Him getting too close, and then pulling away, near kisses, lingering touches, lingering looks.

I think the Show has *tried* to establish tense moments, like when they were having a friendly/borderline tense moment of looking into each other's eyes and Robert interrupted, wanting to talk to Finn (which also included a 'remember you're with Anna' type remark). There was another moment where Chase interrupted Finn and Hayden, then commented about Anna.   However, ME's acting in those moments seemed to indicate more that he still cared about Hayden and remembered being in love with her and in time, if Anna wasn't in the picture (and no more ugliness happened between them) he could fall in love with Hayden again while Hayden was still in love with him. However, realizing that Hayden has lied about and withheld his child all this time because he moved on with Anna pretty much guarantees he won't fall for her again because he can't trust her especially when she's trying to shrug off the seriousness of that betrayal. 

• Love 2

I really, truly do not want Rebecca Budig to leave. And I never watched OLTL, so am unfamiliar with the actress playing BrookLynn, but I don't like the direction they seem to be taking her. She even tawks like the dear departed Connie Falconeri. Adrianne Leon was terrific as Brook before they did that loathsome S/L with Nik, a.k.a. "Henry Higgins." Does this actress sing, or is that part of Brook also gone?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

Does this actress sing, or is that part of Brook also gone?

I don't think Amanda Setton does, at least to my knowledge.

And honestly?  I personally would be fine if they leave that part of the character behind.  She can still work in music - maybe she has a plan to revive L&B Records or something - but it's always so awkward when soaps stop to have a cast member sing a song.  They've been doing a little of that with Joss and Cam, and Frank of course did WAY too much of that with Starr on "One Life to Live".

4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

So, if Brookie had to use the side entrance at the Q's (construction?  renovation?), how did Sonny get in? 

Sonny's sense of entitlment allows him to walk through solid objects.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

or even work as a dang candy striper for all I care

well, she probably couldn't get a job @ the hospital with a criminal record, but yeah. I remember that short lived reality series that followed Monaco, Storms, and that guy from Y&R-- Monaco can be charming-- I can't understand why she can get away with sleepwalking through her scenes.

23 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I remember that short lived reality series that followed Monaco, Storms, and that guy from Y&R-- Monaco can be charming-- I can't understand why she can get away with sleepwalking through her scenes.

Dirty Soap.

I couldn't remember the guy from B&B on there but I certainly remember Galen Gering from DOOL on there and he did not leave a good impression. I didn't find KM all that great either but I did like KS.

32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And honestly?  I personally would be fine if they leave that part of the character behind.  She can still work in music - maybe she has a plan to revive L&B Records or something - but it's always so awkward when soaps stop to have a cast member sing a song.  They've been doing a little of that with Joss and Cam, and Frank of course did WAY too much of that with Starr on "One Life to Live".

It's pretty awkward when Ned sings too.

1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

I really, truly do not want Rebecca Budig to leave. And I never watched OLTL, so am unfamiliar with the actress playing BrookLynn, but I don't like the direction they seem to be taking her. She even tawks like the dear departed Connie Falconeri. Adrianne Leon was terrific as Brook before they did that loathsome S/L with Nik, a.k.a. "Henry Higgins." Does this actress sing, or is that part of Brook also gone?

I think Adrienne Leon's Brook talked more like Connie.

15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

it's always so awkward when soaps stop to have a cast member sing a song.  They've been doing a little of that with Joss and Cam, and Frank of course did WAY too much of that with Starr on "One Life to Live".

I remember when they were trying to make Big Kristina happen in 2001, and Jaime Ray Newman was getting opportunities to show off her pipes. My memory is that she was good, but even so, we had just got rid of VH-Juan, and I was thinking, "Come on, show, enough with the singing."  

General Hospital viewers enter into an implicit agreement that we'll put up with the Nurses' Ball once a year. That should be plenty. 

Ned as a musical idol with a big youth following was good for some laughs. Those teenage and twentysomething day players mobbing him, squeeing over "Eddie Maine," trying to find out about his personal life...

• Love 2

Apparently, in today's episode (I guess it aired in Canda?), Sonny intones the "It's Monica's house, Alan gave it to her" line to Brook.  That is extremely not okay, he MURDERED MONICA'S SON, he doesn't get to claim Q running jokes.

ETA...he also apparently made a remark about Edward and Lila, GET THE FUCK OUT SONNY.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

So what's Olivia's problem with BL now? She looked like she swallowed a lemon when BL walked through the door, then kept throwing shade her way. Something to do with Leo, the child who shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Way to try and raise Jason, Carly and thank you writers for giving Scout to Jason. We were all expecting it, but it felt like a knife in the gut.

Sam was so bored with her life with Drew that she is now sitting in a jail cell. Could not have happened to a dumber character. 

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Apparently, in today's episode (I guess it aired in Canda?), Sonny intones the "It's Monica's house, Alan gave it to her" line to Brook.  That is completley unacceptable, he MURDERED MONICA'S SON, he doesn't get to claim Q running jokes.

Oh, you're gonna love the closing line of the episode in that case. I'm not gonna spoil it for you.

• Love 4

Sonny says that Edward and Lila would have loved seeing Olivia and Brook fighting. (Edward,yes, Lila not so much I think.)

Spoilers for today, although I missed the first 15 minutes:

Nina tells Jax what if she's not planning to marry Valentin,she's planning on destroying him.

Could Nik get any stupider?  Serious question as he walks around Wyndermere in plain sight.

Carly tells Jason he has to change and not do illegal stuff since he's responsible for the kids now. If the show wanted a changed Jason, they shouldn't have dissed Drew so much

Spoiler
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

STUPID, STUPID plot point. Which they didn't even need to do. I buy that Hayden hasn't been interested in other goings on by reading up on it. She's clearly been involved in other priorities for her. Also that Lucy was so ditzy that she didn't give Kim's last name or a name at all. She probably just referred to her as "the seller". 

Who did Hayden write the check out to?

7 hours ago, ciarra said:

So, if Brookie had to use the side entrance at the Q's (construction?  renovation?), how did Sonny get in? 

He's so marvellous , he walks on air.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So what's Olivia's problem with BL now? She looked like she swallowed a lemon when BL walked through the door, then kept throwing shade her way. Something to do with Leo, the child who shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Olivia may want to remember that off-screen Brook handed over her ELQ shares a few years ago in an effort to pointlessly keep the paternity of that baby a secret.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Olivia did, and said that she's already thanking Brook endlessly.

Brook slags Lulu, saying she should have shredded the divorce papers, and supports Ned buying Leo a pony (why does this show think that a pony is the ultimate?) even though Olivia thinks it's the gateway to being a spoiled brat. Between that and her Sonny love, she's really going to be the pebble in my shoe.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think the Show has *tried* to establish tense moments, like when they were having a friendly/borderline tense moment of looking into each other's eyes and Robert interrupted, wanting to talk to Finn (which also included a 'remember you're with Anna' type remark). There was another moment where Chase interrupted Finn and Hayden, then commented about Anna.   However, ME's acting in those moments seemed to indicate more that he still cared about Hayden and remembered being in love with her and in time, if Anna wasn't in the picture (and no more ugliness happened between them) he could fall in love with Hayden again while Hayden was still in love with him. However, realizing that Hayden has lied about and withheld his child all this time because he moved on with Anna pretty much guarantees he won't fall for her again because he can't trust her especially when she's trying to shrug off the seriousness of that betrayal. 

I think those moments were simply for Robert's sake and for Chase's. For Robert to have an excuse (in his eyes) to keep harping on Finn's case, and for Chase to find out about Hayden and her history with Finn. And what you wrote here:

ME's acting in those moments seemed to indicate more that he still cared about Hayden and remembered being in love with her

... is pretty much what I was saying. He still cares about Hayden--as she was the one there during his lowest point and literally helped save his life. He has a soft spot for her, so yeah, he does remember her fondly, and sure if Anna wasn't in the picture maybe things could be rekindled, but.... Anna *is* in the picture. So this all goes back to my point which was that the show was not trying to establish moments that said, 'Hey, viewers: We got a triangle building here!'

I honestly think it has just been an assumption on many a viewers part--especially Hayden/Finn's fans--because the show has not written Finn in any way that indicates he's still in love/yearning for Hayden. It's just not been there. I mean, I've watched their scenes in dread, anxiously expecting and so not wanting something because all of the forums I read keep talking about this supposed triangle that's gonna be happening, building, etc., but nope, nothing from Finn's end.

I think it's just because Finola Hughes was on her vacation so Easton didn't have his love interest on screen and then Rebecca Budig's Hayden came back so many just assumed that meant that feelings would resurface and then when Anna came back... whoops! There a triangle would be. But, nope.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 1

Rebecca Budig was always slated to be short term and only there for Finola's vacation so it wouldn't make sense to have a triangle. She was always going to be gone by the time it could even get going. The only thing that doesn't make any sense at all is why either of them would want this guy in the first place.

Now a lot of HAYDEN fans have been trying to convince TPTB to let RB stay. But let's face it, she isn't Becky Herbst. That got turned around pretty fast. She doesn't have that popularity on this show. I don't expect her to return. Frank is an ass, and he wouldn't be that good to me. So I don't think anyone has anything whatsoever to worry about as far as Hayden going after Anna's "man" who Hayden had in the first place. 

Edited by tvgoddess
57 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam was so bored with her life with Drew that she is now sitting in a jail cell. Could not have happened to a dumber character. 

To be fair, Drew did ~make her sit at a desk and wear a skirt.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

To be fair, Drew did ~make her sit at a desk and wear a skirt.

Ah, yes! The skirt of oppression and doom!

Ultimately, Drew lost everything to Jason as we knew he would, including the daughter he loved, as we of course knew he would.

I used to really like Sam, but I hope she stays locked up for two years. The nanny can continue raising the children.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Olivia may want to remember that off-screen Brook handed over her ELQ shares a few years ago in an effort to pointlessly keep the paternity of that baby a secret.

How did that help out Olivia then? That seems random.

Ned talking down Brook and saying that Brook was more like his mom to Olivia was kind of an ass move. especially when Olivia is pretty damn obnoxious herself.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So what's Olivia's problem with BL now?

Probably still annoyed over Brook trying to break up Dante and Lulu, even though it was at the behest of frigging Carly and she kisses Carly's ass now. That and general oh noes my husband's daughter is taking his attention away from me.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Probably still annoyed over Brook trying to break up Dante and Lulu, even though it was at the behest of frigging Carly and she kisses Carly's ass now. 

That would be especially ridiculous given she's standing next to Sonny, who shot Dante and, oh yeah, MURDERED MONICA'S SON.  But sure, Liv, Brook's the rabblerouser.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ultimately, Drew lost everything to Jason as we knew he would, including the daughter he loved, as we of course knew he would.

That just makes me sick. I knew it would happen, but it's just really really gross. Scout was the only thing that Drew had together with Sam that was theirs. And now Jason will be her father. Not that they ever showed her much. But they probably will now just so Super Jase can save her too.

• Love 4

That would be especially ridiculous given she's standing next to Sonny, who shot Dante and, oh yeah, MURDERED MONICA'S SON.  But sure, Liv, Brook's the rabblerouser.  Ugh.

Of course it would, but it's Olivia.

Edited by ulkis

We Canadians got the episode today.

6 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Does this actress sing, or is that part of Brook also gone?

Olivia asked how her music career was going and BL said, fine.  Though if it was, wouldn't Olivia already know that, you know, from hearing her sing on the radio and stuff.  

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny intones the "It's Monica's house, Alan gave it to her" line to Brook.

Actually, they both say it at the same time, when Ned says "it's Monica's house".  But yeah, the entire time, it was like, Shut up Sonny.  Or you know, Wednesday.  

A great Valentin/Ava scene today (Maura oozes chemistry with everyone).  Jason boo hoo hoos about the little wife in prison to Carly, who points out that they can't be ride and die anymore because of the kids.

Anna's all, 'why didn't you tell Finn about Violet" and Hayden's all, "like you didn't tell Robert about Robin".  And in my mind I reached into my tv and smacked the taste outta Hayden's mouth.

Chase/Finn: cute/supportive scenes about becoming a dad

Nik snuck into Windemere, got caught by Charlotte and told her he was her new bodyguard but that papa wants them to be quiet about it.  

Stella's breifly back in town. 

Nina invited Jax to wedding number three with Valentin which will be NY Eve.  He goes on and on about Val being a douchey criminal.   She fights him on it until the end when she admits that she's not really going to marry him, but will destroy him.  So money, to everyone who figured out that she was playing him.  

• Love 5

I think it would have been a tad less annoying if they had waited one episode or even half an episode to give Brook and Sonny a scene, but no, he's right there with Ned when Brook Lynn walks in. Doesn't this dude have a new baby at home?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Doesn't this dude have a new baby at home?

Yes, her name is Donna!  He had to show BL a picture of her on his phone.  

I wasn't annoyed about the Sonny/Olivia scene yesterday, because they were talking about Dante.  But today, the scenes were Olivia/Ned/Brook Lynn in the Q mansion.  Sonny should not have been there.  He should have left after he told BL what happened to Dante.  To have his stay and smirk as they were arguing and then having the audacity to say that Ed and Lila would be thrilled, was just NO.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Yeah, the set-up (my earlier complaints that Olivia should have had Sonny meet her at Kelly versus THE HOME OF HIS MURDER VICTIM'S MOTHER aside) that had him there was okay and it would have been okay if he and Brook had say hi and talked about Donna for a minute, but him not only sticking around, but commenting on Quartermaine lore is digusting, given the years he's spent tearing that family apart member by member.

40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Olivia asked how her music career was going and BL said, fine.  Though if it was, wouldn't Olivia already know that, you know, from hearing her sing on the radio and stuff.

Given those phone calls and the vibe that she had no choice but to come back to Port Charles, I'd say it's not going great.  And then given the comment that she's becoming more like Tracy, I wouldn't be surprised if Brook gets redirected in a more business-y direction.  Her reopening L&B Records would be the best of both worlds, IMO.

• Love 2