Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Meta statement from Britt about her bangs maybe being a mistake.

Very meta, and Obrecht shading them was very Mutta!

I didn't see today, but it sounds like Britt is still not all-in on LWB/FS, which I'm here for.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm glad that Ryan is going to be shelved but still around for longterm shenanigans. I wish that Julian were too.

Is he? Ryan smiled (a small smile mind you) when he was being wheeled to the elevator. I think he's pretty much managed to snow everyone into thinking that he has whatever that thing he has.

• Love 3

I'm fine with them leaving the door open, but as I've said, I'm worn out on Ryan so I hope the hint that he doesn't actually have locked-in syndrome (way to go, whoever replaced Griffin as head of of neuro!) is where they leave it for a looong while.  I think about how much I loved Heather Webber at first and how tired of her I was by the end and I don't want a repeat here.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Franco's not sure if they should attend the wedding, but Liz is determined to go since Violet is her niece.  

That I had to actually think about this to remember it's true is a great testament to how shitty certain characters are treated.  Hayden?  Hayden Who?

• Love 1

Whenever I remember about Rebecca Budig and Violet's familial connection to Liz, my brain always goes to this question - did Liz ever mention their existence to her father, or to No Name, or to Sarah, the sister she grew up?

Edited by TeeVee329
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Whenever I remember about Rebecca Budig and Violet's familial connection to Liz, my brain always goes to this question - did Liz ever mention their existence to her father, or to No Name, or to Sarah, the sister she grew up?

Logic? On this show? You still have hope there?  😛

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm fine with them leaving the door open, but as I've said, I'm worn out on Ryan so I hope the hint that he doesn't actually have locked-in syndrome (way to go, whoever replaced Griffin as head of of neuro!) is where they leave it for a looong while.  

So Lucas.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:33 PM, perkie1968 said:

Maxie complains to Peter about the shared guest list for the double wedding while shooting the stink eye at Franco and Liz.

Here's a thought, nitwit - don't propose/demand a double wedding if you don't want guests of the other bride and groom to be a part of your big day.  Peter should point out that she can verbally change her mind to Anna and Finn since apparently Maxie isn't bright enough to figure that out herself.. 

26 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Did they run a new show today or did they show yesterday's?

No; approx. 40 minutes of GH was pre-empted (at least in the DMV area) for President-Elect Biden to make a statement about what happened at the Capitol yesterday. He then introduced his choices for his Admin, DOJ nominee made a speech, etc.

I was on the phone with the TV muted, but I saw enough that I can say about a minute or so of yesterday's episode that included Dante/Anna aired, and then Martin was screaming at Valentin as they sat at the bar in the Metrocourt.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

We here in Canada got an old repeat, and I noticed the American chanel had Biden's speech  so I think the episode that we in Canada got yesterday will air tomorrow, unless something else happens.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

approx. 40 minutes of GH was pre-empted (at least in the DMV area) for President-Elect Biden to make a statement about what happened at the Capitol yesterday. He then introduced his choices for his Admin, DOJ nominee made a speech, etc.

I was on the phone with the TV muted, but I saw enough that I can say about a minute or so of yesterday's episode that included Dante/Anna aired, and then Martin was screaming at Valentin as they sat at the bar in the Metrocourt.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

NYC wasn't interrupted today; we saw all of yesterday's episode.

Damn. I was looking forward to watching today. I'm still reeling from what happened yesterday.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, statsgirl said:

Liesl's crossed eyes face when Britt pulls off her mask is hilarious.So was her accent and telling Britt to call the WSB to confirm, they have a  1-800 number and everything. Metastatement from Britt about her bangs maybe being a mistake.

Dante looked Anna in the eye and said that he's going to keep Port Charles safe for Rocco's and the other children. Can she say the same?🔥

"She's been kidnapped." " I didn't see that coming."  Marty and Valentin could be a beautiful bromance.

I loved all of the scenes you mentioned, especially Liesl's wanting Britt to tell her who this Cyrus person is--if she was given the opportunity, Dr. O's would have the situation handled.  I did enjoy the intensity of the Dante/Anna scenes but does he truly think she would let innocent people get hurt or that she's blind to her own "child's" misdeeds?  And yes, Martin and Valentin are superb together, bringing the humor and understated drama--I need to see them interacting more.

I was really hoping to see the Maxie/Elizabeth conversation but instead we got to the over the top Franco/Peter insanity.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Loving the scenes of Brit and Liesl. Hope they stay on the scene as a legit family. They bring much needed energy and humor.

Last episode Sam says (in front of Franco) that she has some of Jason's things to give him, and goes upstairs. I'm expecting her to come back with a box of guns or something, but then she comes back and announces that sorry, but she could not find his favorite gray sweater. WTF?! And have we ever seen Jason in a gray sweater?! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Yeah, why didn’t we get to see the Elizabeth/Maxie conversation? 
For some reason (no Sonny) I’m enjoying so much of the show now. Even the Cyrus/Jordan scenes were decent.

i sincerely hope that MEK gets a contract. I don’t want him to ease over to the AMC reboot. He is sparkling as Martin Grey.

What happened to Brad? I remember he was at GH after being assaulted in prison and I thought Britt might help him escape but after that I draw a blank.

When is this hot mess double wedding? 

As awful as Cyrus is I am enjoying him.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

We here in Canada got an old repeat, and I noticed the American chanel had Biden's speech  so I think the episode that we in Canada got yesterday will air tomorrow, unless something else happens.  

And we got the ep just after Carly gave birth to "Donna". I watched one minute. Alexis brought a gift and then got a text from Julian. I think the gift was a sippy cup with Corinthos coffee brand. Cute. Since we all know that is code for illegal doings.

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So here’s a thought: will Robin be attending this double wedding?

She should since one of the brides is her mother and the other is her "sister".  What's Kim Mc doing these days?

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

She should since one of the brides is her mother and the other is her "sister".  What's Kim Mc doing these days?

She announced on Twitter back early last year (I think, but it might have been before that) that she had retired from acting and just working behind the camera now.

ETA: Just found the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2020/0106-kimberly_mccullough_retires_from_acting.php

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
16 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

does he truly think she would let innocent people get hurt or that she's blind to her own "child's" misdeeds?

Anna is blind to Peter's misdeeds. She keeps excusing them and refuses to believe he has a bad bone in his body.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

She announced on Twitter back early last year (I think, but it might have been before that) that she had retired from acting and just working behind the camera now.

ETA: Just found the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2020/0106-kimberly_mccullough_retires_from_acting.php

But, she doesn't rule out making guest appearances on this show. From the article (which was one year ago):

Though she is now retired from acting, fans shouldn't completely rule out the possibility of McCullough stepping back into the world of GH.

There's always the chance that she would agree to cameo appearances, and she did say that if she were asked, she would be up for the challenge of directing the ABC soap opera.

Now while that's not a direct quote from Kimberly, I'd like to think she would still do the guest stints. But that's because I'm selfish. And her most recent interview last January with Michael Sutton, makes me think, she still might. Of course, with COVID and all, they may have her Zoom/Skype with some emergency to explain why she can't be there.

• Love 4

I know we are supposed to hate Cyrus and all that but seeing Laura lay into him after all the various criminals she protects because they are just Such Good People makes me root for him.  She has every right to hate him for what he did to Lulu, but what a hypocrite.  I have to say I laughed when he called Leslie out on her affair and she was all like “oh, THAT married father”, like there were so many she couldn’t even remember.  Ha!  That hair is awful on her as well, she looked like the wicked witch.

I apologize, I am usually not this critical of women.  This show just brings out the best in me I guess <shrug>.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Sam supposed to be drunk? Because her interaction with Dante seemed that way.

I was thinking the same thing!  I was just listening while doing something else and she was even slurring her words.

• Love 1

Okay since two other people observed it . . . KM sounds like she takes too much cold syrup or something. The slow talking, the foggy air she has about her. Yes, some would say that it's been that way since 2003 but it was never like this. I feel like *something* is going on. I don't think it's hard core drugs or anything but she does sound like she took a bunch of cold medication, like I said. Maybe her hip pain has returned.

• Love 4

I really liked Leslie line of "Which married man?"  but Denise Alexander looked so frail it took the sting out.

For every so concerned about Rocco and Charlotte, not to mention Wylie, Danny and Scout, they sure don't seem to spent a lot of time with the kids.

Today it was Sasha's turn to tell Carly how wonderful she is. Do they draw slips of paper out of a hat to see who does it today?,

Jordan telling Jason "I wish you'd lied to me" and Jason so unconcerned about Florence ... they're really going for authoritarian over rule of law here.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I'm fine with them leaving the door open, but as I've said, I'm worn out on Ryan so I hope the hint that he doesn't actually have locked-in syndrome (way to go, whoever replaced Griffin as head of of neuro!) is where they leave it for a looong while.  I think about how much I loved Heather Webber at first and how tired of her I was by the end and I don't want a repeat here.

I want Ryan to go to a facility and stay there for five years or so.

I re-read Marcia Muller's Locked In over Christmas. The writers picking a stroke as  the cause of Ryan's cause was a good idea.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shocker, Sonny is alive. Who'd've thunk?

LW and SB did well though I'll give them that. Can they get off the screen now?

Um so Sonny has been gone since Christmas, which is at least a week in GH time because they had New Years, so he's not had water and been in the elements for a week, but sure, he survived all that. Okey dokey show.

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Um so Sonny has been gone since Christmas, which is at least a week in GH time because they had New Years, so he's not had water and been in the elements for a week, but sure, he survived all that. Okey dokey show.

Yeah, he would have been dead within hours because of hypothermia, at the very least.

• Love 3

Ah, Sonny's alive. Thanks! They cut in to GH with the Biden presser after Willow and Chase... Kissed? Idk, they just showed the back of her head.

I was hoping someone would recap the last two segments. 

But I guess the Sonny reveal was the big kicker.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Preempted so far for Biden's press conference.

@GHScorpiosRule in the DMV area, what was advertised as the 1/8/21 episode aired, but the last 10 minutes were cut off by the Biden press conference. I saw part of the show; the last thing I saw before the cut off was the Willow /Chase COVID kiss (that she seemed to initiate) in the Metrocourt. 

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I know we are supposed to hate Cyrus and all that but seeing Laura lay into him after all the various criminals she protects because they are just Such Good People makes me root for him.  She has every right to hate him for what he did to Lulu, but what a hypocrite.  

I didn't think it was hypocritical for her to lay into him today for implying that the Gordon/Lesley affair was all Lesley's fault, and that his family leaving Port Charles (and thus how his life turned out) is therefore her fault, too.  I thought, jeebus dude, you sound like Sonny (it's always someone else's fault) except with better grammar.  And then he doesn't like that Laura called him out, so he makes a veiled threat against Lesley's life. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Okay since two other people observed it . . . KM sounds like she takes too much cold syrup or something. The slow talking, the foggy air she has about her. Yes, some would say that it's been that way since 2003 but it was never like this. I feel like *something* is going on. I don't think it's hard core drugs or anything but she does sound like she took a bunch of cold medication, like I said. Maybe her hip pain has returned.

Yes!! The way she is speaking really, truly makes it seem like she took a dose of Nyquil before walking on set, and is struggling to get through her lines before she passes out.  It's very noticeable and weird.   That combined with her telling Dante she's glad Julian is dead, then shrugging off the mention of Leo's sadness with "he's better off never remembering Julian" and saying that they, his siblings, need to step up for him, made me hope she would slip off the barstool and into a coma so she would shut up.  I thought she would say "Who?" when Dante brought up Julian's son, their little brother.  Was that comment to Dante, with that voice and raising her glass, supposed to be Sam hitting on Dante? I'm unclear. 

*I still don't believe in nor care about Carly's angst that Sonny may be dead, Show.  Sasha's reaction and trying to be supportive of sad sack Michael also does nothing for me. Hey Michael, remember your actual father, the guy Sonny murdered?!?!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But, she doesn't rule out making guest appearances on this show. From the article (which was one year ago):

Now while that's not a direct quote from Kimberly, I'd like to think she would still do the guest stints. But that's because I'm selfish. And her most recent interview last January with Michael Sutton, makes me think, she still might. Of course, with COVID and all, they may have her Zoom/Skype with some emergency to explain why she can't be there.

And I really hope you're right. I do love Robin. She's the only one who makes Jason palatable.

• Love 3

KM gets weirder and weirder and slower and slower. What’s her problem? I mean for real! She’s the most monotone, boring human on soaps. She wouldn’t even lift her head up to actually look at Peter today. Is she on some kind of pain killers for her neck or something?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And I really hope you're right. I do love Robin. She's the only one who makes Jason palatable.

Exactly! I was a huge fan back when they fell in love; hated and loathed him when they broke up over Robin's truth telling; then liked him when it looked like he and Elizabeth were going to get together; but have hated and loathed, and despised his 'roided arse ever since. EXCEPT when he's in scenes with Robin! Burton just lights up and makes the effort.

Backing up to yesterday's episode, it was great to see Kelly Thiebaud and Kathleen Gati together again; in the part of the scene where they were chatting about their hair, you could tell they were having fun.  

And I'm really glad Britt didn't launch into some Maxie-esque "But [LWB/FS] is the greatest thing since sliced bread!" speech when Dr. O leveled accusations at him.  She is definitely not fully sold on him and me likey.

Also, oh Lucas, why are you suddenly and off-screen-ily the head of neuro and why are you immediately misdiagnosing serial killers who have terrorized members of your multiple families?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was ready for Laura to start throwing punches when Cyrus was talking to Lesley--I didn't watch back in the 70's but today's episode was making Lesley Webber out to be the town tramp.  DAMN!!

I hope the show isn't thinking of making Sam and Dante a couple--the man deserves better then a nearly comatose chick.

• Love 4

"I have no interest in dragging Mr. Morgan through a pointless interrogation unless it's absolutely necessary." If it's necessary, then it wouldn't be a pointless interrogation, would it, Jordan? Oof.

It's painful to see Denise Alexander totter around. I wish they'd accommodate her more gracefully. This conversation could have been had sitting down at the MetroCourt or in some room at GH.

• Love 4

Of course, Superhero Sonny, after being drenched in freezing water and suffering the bridge collapse, then laying out in the elements for a week with no shelter or water, will heroically make his way back to Carly. And all the town shall rejoice and sing his praises.

Right Sam, you are gonna step up as Leo's big sister. What a fucking joke! You don't even see your own kids! Leo would not know Sam from a hole in the ground. And furthermore, a hole in the ground has more personality than Sam!  

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 10