Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Re. Joss: I don’t think the show knows what to do with her. They tried giving her an epic love story with a dying boy a la Robin and Stone, but that didn’t have quite the same resonance. I assume there were big plans with her and Dev, but that fizzled. Is the triangle with Cam and Trina still happening? Because that’s also been a big dud.

I think they would like to position Joss as the show’s next leading lady, but the actress doesn’t have either the charisma or the talent to pull it off.  It doesn’t help that her main sidekick, Trina, out-sparkles her in every interaction.  

I can’t hate Joss because she looks and sounds so much like my actual niece, it’s uncanny. But unlike my niece, she’s just boring. They need to recast or send the character back to the corn fields, which is where she peaked, IMO.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Martin and Laura was happiest thing this show has given me the last two days.  Thought Laura had some really good moments with Cyrus, as well.  I'm surprised how much came out in these two episodes and I enjoyed Cyrus's backstory as well as Martin's skepticism of his brother.  

And genuinely Thursday's discussion of Hummbingbird cake will always make me happy.   

• Love 14
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

I find that every single choice that Jordan has done in connection with Cyrus has been the wrong one and she really, really needs to be fired from the PCPD.

Was just about to post the exact same thing, and these posts are on fire lately. Signs that the show is getting better, finally?

Every choice Jordan makes is wrong. She gets called out on them constantly, and immediately goes out and makes another bad decision. When Taggert came back to take Cyrus out in stealth mode, that was totally the correct call. But the dialogue between Taggert and Jordan went like this:

Jordan: I can't let you do that, I have a better plan.

Taggert: Oh yeah, what is that?

Jordan: Wait for Cyrus to make a mistake, then arrest him.

Taggert: That's not a plan. That's an idea.

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, there's a shock: Joss falling in step with the family line that "all is well because we CHOSE this life." 

But she actually didn't. She inherited the a lifestyle that came along with her step-dad. And I find it interesting that Joss says she loves Sonny since we seldom see the two of them interact.

• Love 4

I may have missed it in the dialog the last few episodes, but did Laura never meet Mrs. Gray before?

I thought Curtis knew Taggert was alive before now? Does he know Jordan was being blackmailed by Cyrus and did things for him?

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Joss: I don’t think the show knows what to do with her.

They should send her to Australia. The show has given her a lot, lot, lot of material. Send her to Australia and recast the role.

55 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought Curtis knew Taggert was alive before now? Does he know Jordan was being blackmailed by Cyrus and did things for him?

Curtis knew everything, except that Taggert was alive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Curtis knew everything, except that Taggert was alive.

I didn't think that he knew that Jordan deliberately looked the other way as Cyrus brought in his drug into PC. There were those scenes where Curtis told Jordan that she was so great because she is doing everything to get Cyrus and how she was not allowing Cyrus to bring in drugs. Then Jordan gave a guilty look because she totally did that.choose files... Click to choose files

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I remember back in the Tamblyn era Jason told Carly she didn't have to be friends with Emily but if they were going to fight, Carly had to fight out in the open and if he ever found Emily in a dumpster reeking of alcohol he was through with Carly. I like to think that conversation stuck with the character. I'm probably the only person who remembers that moment though. I haven't been able to find it on YT.

Jason has also told Carly to lay off Robin and Sam. She doesn't have to like them, but she's not to deliberately antagonize them. 

It's canon that Jason won't ever sleep with Carly again. He's just not that into her. Plus, he would never betray Sonny that way. 

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

They tried giving her an epic love story with a dying boy a la Robin and Stone, but that didn’t have quite the same resonance.

That's an understatement. Stone had AIDS, Oscar had a brain tumor that might have been cured had his mother—THE DOCTOR—not been such a nincompoop. There's no comparison. Plus, Oscar wasn't exactly a ball of fire as far as personality goes. If you're going to rerun your best stories, steal the stories properly and get actors who can handle it.

3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

And genuinely Thursday's discussion of Hummbingbird cake will always make me happy.   

I wish the show would throw in more random stuff like this. It was very realistic for Martin to bring his mom her favorite cake for her birthday, and very natural for Laura to ask what it was. Those are the threads that help make the GH world work, IMO.

3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

And I find it interesting that Joss says she loves Sonny since we seldom see the two of them interact.

They have little reason to, given that Joss's actual father lives nearby. I don't mind Joss saying she loves Sonny, but there should be a lot more friction between the life she's forced to lead (sorry, honey, it wasn't a choice) and the freedom she doesn't have because her stepfather is the East Coast's most feared mobster. Joss is old enough to start feeling hemmed in by the guards and restrictions.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The show has given her a lot, lot, lot of material. Send her to Australia and recast the role.

A recast won't be any better if the stories are still as badly written as they currently are.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason has also told Carly to lay off Robin and Sam. She doesn't have to like them, but she's not to deliberately antagonize them. 

It's canon that Jason won't ever sleep with Carly again. He's just not that into her. Plus, he would never betray Sonny that way. 

That's an understatement. Stone had AIDS, Oscar had a brain tumor that might have been cured had his mother—THE DOCTOR—not been such a nincompoop. There's no comparison. Plus, Oscar wasn't exactly a ball of fire as far as personality goes. If you're going to rerun your best stories, steal the stories properly and get actors who can handle it.

I wish the show would throw in more random stuff like this. It was very realistic for Martin to bring his mom her favorite cake for her birthday, and very natural for Laura to ask what it was. Those are the threads that help make the GH world work, IMO.

They have little reason to, given that Joss's actual father lives nearby. I don't mind Joss saying she loves Sonny, but there should be a lot more friction between the life she's forced to lead (sorry, honey, it wasn't a choice) and the freedom she doesn't have because her stepfather is the East Coast's most feared mobster. Joss is old enough to start feeling hemmed in by the guards and restrictions.

A recast won't be any better if the stories are still as badly written as they currently are.

I wish I could give this post a gazillion million ❤️.

29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny has gotten a bunch of younger, cuter bodyguards. If anyone of them could act, have Joss and her bodyguard fall for each other and let the drama ensue.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 12/17/2020 at 1:06 PM, TeeVee329 said:

It pains me to say because I'm sure Jon Lindstrom appreciates the more interesting material he gets as this character, but I'm burned out on Ryan.  Time to let him go.

I wonder if having the psychotic serial killers (e.g., Franco and Ryan) on intermittently is thought to diminish the cumulative horrific effect that the career serial killers (e.g., Sonny and Jason) have wrought in PC and surrounding environs.

Then again, witnessing the acting of Laura's new bros, just makes MB and SBu (who should do more blinking and less dialoguing) even more exasperating to watch.  Because if the audience is expected to accept thugs who choose to commit crimes as heroes on a show called General Hospital, at least give the audience two leads who are interesting to watch.

Once again, I feel like Charlie Brown going to kick the football that Lucy is holding.  Are the Corinthos finally going to rightfully shunned by the denizens of Port Charles?  But Carson/Jasam are still unfortunately still scarfing down way too much time in most episodes with mind-numbing repetitive dialogue.  Since the Covid break, there has been a marked difference between the scenes of Carson/Jasam and the apparent joie-de-vivre of the rest of the cast cast that isn't stuck in their sphere (Jordan and Michael Corinthos notwithstanding).

While obviously GF has rightfully reclaimed the top of the food chain in PC, her daughter-in-law Maura West has also been a treasure to watch.  

• Love 15

Good job, Carly! Joss was almost about admit she found mob life weird and uncomfortable, but you manipulated her her right back into believing it's all love and roses. Keep up the grooming and she will end up just like you. I'm sure you would have it no other way! 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Every choice Jordan makes is wrong. She gets called out on them constantly, and immediately goes out and makes another bad decision.

If nothing else, she’s had the opportunity to do a lot of eyebrow acting lately, which is always fun.

• LOL 7
On 12/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, dubbel zout said:

The Corinthos stockings are so terrible and ugly.

I still can’t figure out the name on the one at the end of the mantle on the right side (from our view).  I also thought to myself gee they’ll need a mantle extension if Sonny ends up having more kids.  Shockingly no stocking for Morgan.  I would have thought Carly would have his front and center with a spot light on it.

Also, because I watch Jersey Shore, SEACAUCUS???!!! 🤣🤣

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 2

Let me guess, Sonny will be missing for days and Joss/Carly/Michael will be all hand wringing and have the sadz even though he brought this on himself. Ava will have some minor sadz but will try to see how she can swing it to get full custody of Avery. And then, by the luck of all that is holy, Sonny will be found alive on Christmas Eve. It will be a true Christmas miracle.

Ok, so with Cyrus being Laura's half brother, that means Lulu, Lucky and Nikolas are his half neice/nephew. Making, Rocco, Charlotte, Aiden and Spencer his half great neice/nephew.

So that means Sonny is Spencer's uncle while Cyrus is his great uncle. Sonny is Rocco's grandfather while Cyrus is his great uncle. Valentin is Charlotte's father, while Martin/Cyrus are her great uncles.

So, does it seem less likely that Sonny will kill Cyrus once he finds out the connection to his family?

41 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I still can’t figure out the name on the one at the end of the mantle on the right side (from our view)

I'm fairly certain it was Carly, Sonny, Josslyn, Avery, Donna and Wylie though why Wylie if they aren't putting up Rocco, who is also a grandchild.  

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was very realistic for Martin to bring his mom her favorite cake for her birthday, and very natural for Laura to ask what it was.

I thought it was hilarious that he started listing the ingredients before stopping and questioning why she was coming out of his mother's bathroom.  That scene between them was so well played between them.  

I thought it was strange for them to go through the whole, "Cyrus killed dad with the car, No I didn't" conversation in Mom's room to Laura who has literally just found out they're related.  I get that they had to hurry through the story so that we could get back to the Joss kissing Carly's butt scenes, and the Sonny threatening and killing a defenceless, half dead man scenes but still.  

Also, why was it necessary for Laura to check into the facility to visit Florence.  She and the boys were in that room for awhile, with raised voices, yet none of the staff bothered to check in and see what was going on.   She could have walked in the front door, during visiting hours and made her way to the room with no issue.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, why was it necessary for Laura to check into the facility to visit Florence.  She and the boys were in that room for awhile, with raised voices, yet none of the staff bothered to check in and see what was going on.   She could have walked in the front door, during visiting hours and made her way to the room with no issue.  

Curtis did say it was a secure facility, so unless she made friends with Martin beforehand and went in with him, they likely wouldn’t have let her in. But you’re right, the staff should have checked on the loud voices

• Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Ava will have some minor sadz but will try to see how she can swing it to get full custody of Avery.

Unlikely, unfortunately. She seems fine with Avery living with Sonny, to my everlasting rage.

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

But you’re right, the staff should have checked on the loud voices

The admitting nurse couldn't find Laura's name in the computer at first, so it doesn't surprise me she's ignoring the noise. Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was very realistic for Martin to bring his mom her favorite cake for her birthday, and very natural for Laura to ask what it was.

I thought it was hilarious that he started listing the ingredients before stopping and questioning why she was coming out of his mother's bathroom.  That scene between them was so well played between them.  

The name "Hummingbird Cake" sounded so deliciously Southern I had to look it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummingbird_cake

I've actually had this in the past, but it was called something else. Quite yummy. Can't have it anymore, like Kevin Collins I'm pre-diabetic.😞

The scenes in Florence's room were marvelously well-acted. Jeff Korber, MEK, and GF all brought their "A" games to the table. GH is so much better when the gifted actors are given a chance to shine.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

So, does it seem less likely that Sonny will kill Cyrus once he finds out the connection to his family?

It's murky now isn't it? Although I've gotten used to Cyrus, I'm really hoping he doesn't stay on long-term.

• Love 2

Sonny has been more than happy to threaten to kill Ava on numerous occasions even though she's the mother of his daughter. He murdered AJ who was the father of his stepson.  I can't see the fact that Cyrus is Rocco's half great-uncle stopping him at all.

I'd like to think that if anything happened to Sonny, Ava would swoop in there and grab Avery to prevent her from being brought up by Carly.

8 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The name "Hummingbird Cake" sounded so deliciously Southern I had to look it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummingbird_cake

That does sound yummy. I am have to move on to it from sourdough.

• Love 4
On 12/18/2020 at 4:40 PM, DanaK said:

People weren’t kidding about how good the scenes were between Laura, Martin and Cyrus. Wow

I agree! It's the first time I've been invested in Martin too. MEK plays really well off of GF. I still wouldn't mind if his accent accidentally disappeared, but otherwise, I feel like the character could actually work with this dynamic after not really liking him most of his time up until this point.

On the other hand, I've continually loved the Laura vs. Cyrus dynamic. It's been the best part of their entire storyline and, now, this adds another layer to that too. Especially now that they're leaning into Cyrus's villainy, I'm interested to see where things go next. They must've tipped JK off about the relationship, because he definitely did have some specific reactions to Lulu and the explosion that were subtle, but really well-done. 

Also thought it was super cool that the same actress, according to Google, reprised the role of Florence after only playing the role one other time for like a year in the 1970s. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny has been more than happy to threaten to kill Ava on numerous occasions even though she's the mother of his daughter. He murdered AJ who was the father of his stepson.  I can't see the fact that Cyrus is Rocco's half great-uncle stopping him at all.

Same. The familial connection isn't through him, so Sonny won't care. But we all know if Cyrus is killed, it won't be by Sonny's hand unless Cyrus has already shot him and/or they're fighting for the gun. This show is so gutless when it comes to making Sonny a bad guy.

9 minutes ago, Laur said:

Also thought it was super cool that the same actress, according to Google, reprised the role of Florence after only playing the role one other time for like a year in the 1970s. 

That is cool, though I'm continually amazed at how the show chooses its continuity. Also, they can do this but can't check a map of South America to see that Bolivia has no coast?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I know the show doesn't care about ethics in any regard but I wonder if this will change Martin's legal relationship with Valentin. He can be his lawyer for other issues but wouldn't it be a conflict of interest if he kept dealing with the custody issues since Lulu is his niece and Charlotte is his grand-niece, though I guess it's a moot point since Lulu is in a coma. 

I wonder if Martin will be genuinely remorseful for his (out of nowhere) insensitive attitude about Lulu's condition.

I wonder if I'm giving the writers too much credit with the way they planned the story around Laura with Marty and Cyrus. MEK has been with the show since 2019, JK since early 2020. The story with Cyrus really couldn't go ahead without Genie.

Or maybe they just stumbled into it and ran with it. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Laur said:

I agree! It's the first time I've been invested in Martin too. MEK plays really well off of GF. I still wouldn't mind if his accent accidentally disappeared, but otherwise, I feel like the character could actually work with this dynamic after not really liking him most of his time up until this point.

I confess, up til these scenes, I was glad to see MEK back on TV, but the role seemed, er, a little lightweight for a once leading man in the soap world and I wasn’t entirely sure MEK was really giving that much of an effort. Now, Martin’s tied to Laura and many other characters on canvas, and MEK seemed pretty fired up in last week’s scenes

As for Sonny, I see him and Jason possibly holding off on killing Cyrus for Laura’s sake, depending on how she feels about him. Sonny has always been a complete marshmallow when it comes to Laura.

I do wonder what Cyrus will do now that Laura knows about their connection, given she’s been working against him and his drug empire. You have to wonder what Laura will do now as well

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wonder if I'm giving the writers too much credit with the way they planned the story around Laura with Marty and Cyrus. MEK has been with the show since 2019, JK since early 2020. The story with Cyrus really couldn't go ahead without Genie.

Or maybe they just stumbled into it and ran with it. 

Maybe that’s why Cyrus seemed to be in a holding pattern for awhile until Genie returned

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Laur said:

The scenes between GF, MEK and JK were like watching three master musicians play off one another in a jam session. Really nice to see. I agree with everyone here who feels like Cyrus' layered family ties won't stop Sonny from taking him out. After all, Cyrus sells drugs which makes him TEH EVUL naturally. Plus, there are a horde of other folks in GH looking to take Renault out, so my guess is the character won't be sticking around. But I'm hoping MEK will, this show can benefit from all the talented thespians it can get.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

You have to wonder what Laura will do now as well

I think Laura will continue to try to put Cyrus away.  She has no loyalty to him,, despite the fact that they are now siblings.  Her loyalty will be with Lulu until she recovers.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I do wonder what Cyrus will do now that Laura knows about their connection, given she’s been working against him and his drug empire. You have to wonder what Laura will do now as well

I think she'll continue down that same path of trying to put him away. She doesn't like Cyrus, she holds him responsible for what happened to Lulu. What more is that her other half-brother wants nothing to do with Cyrus and is very contemptible of him. He still holds their father's death against him.

There is no one in this storyline thus far who will speak up for Cyrus and nudge Laura in a different direction. Cyrus is a scum mobster (while Sonny is a hero mobster).

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Laur said:

MEK plays really well off of GF. I still wouldn't mind if his accent accidentally disappeared

I like the accent. I think it helps to smooth over the tendency for us to think TAD ! whenever we see him. And now they've given a reason for the accent, since they lived in Louisiana. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I wonder if Martin will be genuinely remorseful for his (out of nowhere) insensitive attitude about Lulu's condition.

Has Martin ever said what he personally thinks of Lulu's coma? We've heard a lot about how he thinks Valentin feels.

1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm hoping MEK will  [stick around]

Same. The show needs another lawyer besides Diane, and maybe Martin can do something with Alexis. Her sloppy-drunk story needs some momentum.

• Love 5

Was there a reason said why Genie Francis delayed her return to the show when it came back after things were shut down? Or was Laura's absence just storyline-related? I seem to recall something was said in one of the posts, but can't recall what it was

I think while Laura may have some empathy for a teen Cyrus who was kicked out of his home after his father's death, it doesn't erase the fact that he placed a bomb that kill a teenager, a man that was close to her daughter/grandchildren, nameless victim and put Lulu in coma.

She is still going to try to send him back to prison. She just won't be as looking the other way if Sonny ever decided to kill him.

Besides she has another brother in Martin and think he will be the one that she will build a relationship with.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think while Laura may have some empathy for a teen Cyrus who was kicked out of his home after his father's death, it doesn't erase the fact that he placed a bomb that kill a teenager, a man that was close to her daughter/grandchildren, nameless victim and put Lulu in coma.

She is still going to try to send him back to prison. She just won't be as looking the other way if Sonny ever decided to kill him.

Besides she has another brother in Martin and think he will be the one that she will build a relationship with.

yeah, without the bombing maybe they could reform the drug dealing with him getting a fresh start in PC and with his family if he curtail that end of his business (by PC ethics ways not any other way) but the bombing is pretty hard to handwave away even in the world of Sonny and Jason are local town heroes.  I like JK more than I like SB or MB, though.  So if they somehow manage it, I might be willing to deal.

w

• Love 4
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But we all know if Cyrus is killed, it won't be by Sonny's hand unless Cyrus has already shot him and/or they're fighting for the gun. This show is so gutless when it comes to making Sonny a bad guy.

The constant "I've been saying you 'have to go' but now that I have you cowering and I'm holding a gun to you but first let me talk you to death"-ness of all his scenes with his ~enemies is to the point of parody. 

Though i guess it doesn't matter since Sonny once upon a time shot his own son point-blank in the chest and it was hand-waved away by all involved.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Though i guess it doesn't matter since Sonny once upon a time shot his own son point-blank in the chest and it was hand-waved away by all involved.

And he killed his adopted son's bio father point-blank, too, when said bio father was on his knees begging for his life. Yet Michael is now totes okay with that. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And he killed his adopted son's bio father point-blank, too, when said bio father was on his knees begging for his life. Yet Michael is now totes okay with that. 

In his defense, AJ was fat, so...

• LOL 8
On 12/19/2020 at 10:50 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wish I could give this post a gazillion million ❤️.

Call a big fat bullshit on that, because Of AJ. And if Jason would stand up for Emily (another rich addict) and not AJ in that situation, then those who wasted all that time worshipping at his altar are also tarnished.

That’s another reason I’m so grateful Noah and Patrick Drake saved Robin from yet another round of worshipping at Jason’s altar. She was better than Jason and so were Noah and Patrick. Noah and Patrick had their (HUGE) flaws, but they weren’t sociopathic serial killers who got paid for their kills.

• Love 9

IF I RAN THE SHOW:

As Sonny sinks down to the murky depths of the Secaucus River, skin already starting to fester because of the toxic waste, he sees a huge fish tail go by. It’s MORGAN, who has morphed into a merman due to being blown into the same river by the car bomb. They stare at each other until Morgan breaks the silence by saying, “Well, dad, like me, you won’t be getting any wings, but you’ll soon have a tail!” They swim off together towards the Pennsylvania side of the Secaucus River, where they may or may not find Nelle...

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Today's Sonny asskissage sounds WRETCHED. He tries to cover how kind he is? WHAT?

This is the man who is publicly thanked for his generosity and his heart every Nurses' Ball.

I was so hoping that it wasn't Julian in that body bag.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Today's Sonny asskissage sounds WRETCHED. 

I almost choked on Dante's line to Carly reminding her he used to be a cop .... as they're standing in the same room where Sonny shot him in the chest when he was a cop! The only positive thing I can say about the Dante-Carly scenes is that at least Dante didn't thank her when she said he reminds her of/he's a lot like Sonny.

I'm really wondering if the baby girl reveal for Maxie and Peter is to up the ante emotionally, for heartbreak when Peter is exposed - will she have a miscarriage? Btw Valentin, you're quite delusional if you think Charlotte has been a good girl this year. Such thinking is why she's a spoiled brat. 

GF is just the best! Her facing off with Cyrus in the hallway was awesome.  I can't see him as a sympathetic character, anymore than I can see Sonny as a sympathetic character.  Speaking of which, I had a teeny, tiny hope Jason would get poisoned by toxic waste and die of hypothermia for jumping in the water to try to find Sonny and then going back to Port Charles without changing.  Guess he found the wormhole; he got back to Casa Corinthos from that bridge in record time for Carly to stare open-mouthed at him all wet. 

The "Boys Night" poker at Casa Anna & Finn was enjoyable.

Why were Julian's hands crossed over his chest in that body bag, like he was being posed at a funeral?!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Maxie is entirely too chipper about her double-wedding considering it has only been a few weeks that her-assumed-to-be-MOH Lulu was put into a care facility and may never wake up. She doesn't even seem upset or conflicted anymore.

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm really wondering if the baby girl reveal for Maxie and Peter is to up the ante emotionally, for heartbreak when Peter is exposed - will she have a miscarriage? Btw Valentin, you're quite delusional if you think Charlotte has been a good girl this year. Such thinking is why she's a spoiled brat. 

Valentin's concern about Charlotte's safety with Dante is awfully convenient and the height of hypocrisy. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin's concern about Charlotte's safety with Dante is awfully convenient and the height of hypocrisy. 

I think Valentin can be an ass where Lulu is concerned but I don't blame him for being concerned about Dante.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I almost choked on Dante's line to Carly reminding her he used to be a cop .... as they're standing in the same room where Sonny shot him in the chest when he was a cop! The only positive thing I can say about the Dante-Carly scenes is that at least Dante didn't thank her when she said he reminds her of/he's a lot like Sonny.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Maxie is entirely too chipper about her double-wedding considering it has only been a few weeks that her-assumed-to-be-MOH Lulu was put into a care facility and may never wake up. She doesn't even seem upset or conflicted anymore. 

In show, it's only been a few days; in real time, for us, it's been two and a half weeks.

• Love 2

Uh, Carly, any decent parent loves their family and wants to keep them safe. That's not something unique to Sonny.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

What is Maxie supposed to do, put her life on hold because Lulu's is? The wedding has been in planning stages for a while, even before the double wedding idea. It's not as if Maxie is heartlessly keeping Lulu out of it.

55 minutes ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I think Valentin can be an ass where Lulu is concerned but I don't blame him for being concerned about Dante.

I agree. It doesn't sound like Anna's convinced Dante is entirely cured (if that's the right word), and given that Charlotte will spending time with him, Valentin has a right to be concerned. I don't find that hypocritical.

I love the idea of Laura and Martin working together to take down Cyrus.

Peter is already starting with the sexist crap, thinking only a son could take after Faison. I hope the girl, if she's not a tock, is terrible just to prove him wrong.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Love 3

The scenes at the long term care facility were really good. You could definitely make a case for poor Cyrus, but he seems to think that power and money is what will buy him the love and respect of his mother and she clearly wants none of that.

Anna/Valentin scenes were also good. I understand where Val's concern is coming from. At least there are two people who are clued in about Dante and the WSB releasing him because they needed something from him.

I could not care less about the gender of Maxie and Peter's beybey if I tried. Everything feels extremely fake with them. Looking forward to all of this blowing up in Maxie, Peter and Anna's faces. I'm sure Anna is going to keep the truth about Peter's maternity from Finn, even after he tells her what he did to his father. I'm fine with a stillbirth for Maxie, premature labor, baby not surviving. Peter should not be allowed to procreate.

I don't care for scenes that wax poetics about Sonny. Moving from the good parts of the show to this was just so horrendous.

I'd say RIP Julian, but the writers killed the character a long time ago.

• Love 5