Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

That was the worst and most useless gunfight ever.

If the screen had gone blank for all the Corinthii scenes this would have been a really good episode. Corinthian spoil everything.

Tad being Laura's brother is delightful.

Jordan looks like she has a big X painted on her. She's not a good wife, commissioner, friend, secret operative or protector. She's got that ' I'm gonna have to sacrifice myself to make up for all my mistakes' face going.

This show is entertaining when they let the real actors act.

• Love 8

I guess now Martin will be Valentine's "family lawyer," since he's Charlotte's great uncle. (By the way, their conversation was a little gem of the week, with Valentine having fun guessing at Martin's big secret.)

Trina's scenes are always dynamic, but I was a little impatient today because they followed the usual trope of yelling at the back-from-dead guy for letting her suffer. You already processed this after Cyrus told you, Trina! In fact, you told your friends why he would be justified for faking his death, should he turn out to be really alive.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, paisley said:

Jordan looks like she has a big X painted on her. She's not a good wife, commissioner, friend, secret operative or protector. She's got that ' I'm gonna have to sacrifice myself to make up for all my mistakes' face going.

I wish she would because all her dumb ideas about Cyrus have made things worse going back to the original idea of planting evidence against him all those years ago.

• Love 2

God, Michael sucks. Chase was thoroughly charming throughout, but Michael is just not compelling in any way. Do the writers hate Michael and that’s why they write him as a sad sack who manipulates women into marrying him (what he did to Willow after she learned her own baby died was gross) and knees people in the nads when he’s feeling insecure? This is our leading man? Just give his screen time to Chase, who at least seems to be trying to do something with the shit material he’s given.

Poor Trina. I like the actress a lot and she actually squeezed an emotion or two out of me, but I agree temp Taggert doesn’t have the same mien real Taggert has. Real Taggert would have been a bit more commanding.

Jason and his dumbass huge shiny gun bother me. Wouldn’t you think he would carry a less conspicuous gun for when he needs to murder people?

Green Light + Gun as a signal is hilarious. These mobsters are so lame. 

Edited by mehtotheworld
  • Love 3

Ironic that the show began with Julian being informed that he'd missed the bus. Every bus has found him for years.  

I'm not going to miss that character or DeVry, and it hit me today why. Julian has for too long played one note: beleaguered. He was never enjoyable as a gray character, because he never had any fun (contrast him with AJ -- either actor). The desperation of DeVry's acting in this last lap is just a more disheveled version of his usual setting. It isn't different enough from how he's acted all along when in constant fear that someone would find something out and he would lose everything. And he didn't have much to lose. Okay, he had Charlie's. But as far as relationships, everyone except Ava and Kim (when she was there) treated him with contempt. I'd say it's been 60 percent the writing and 40 percent DeVry, but no tears here.  

Julian to his good Samaritan: "You're not gonna catch anything from me." Unless he's COVID positive and the other actor catches something because they're face to face on a bench about four inches apart. 

I really like Brook Kerr as Portia. She doesn't do big "look at me" acting. She just seems like a normal competent adult getting by in this crazy town. 

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Chad Duell looks bad at all, physically. I do think the smart play for writing would be to let Michael's halo get tarnished by making more of his entitlement. Chase is the much more sympathetic of the two guys. It's a good point that Michael and Willow suffered far less than those who "conspired" against and manipulated them, and Chase can hardly be described as happy lately. So Michael's rant and violence today were disproportionate and small. 

Temporary Taggert was put in a tough spot, getting dropped into a story at the worst time, with no "marking time" scenes to build up to it. He was also filling in for someone with a very distinctive look and voice. I thought he did a good job playing a bad hand. I might enjoy him as some other character, but I realize GH might have a cap on the number of bald black middle-aged actors they have at one time.  

An "Aunt Gia" mention. So many mentions of the departed lately.  

One thing the current writers are doing very well is writing to Genie Francis's strengths. Laura in this latest return has been better used than in decades. It's funny to say this about someone who's half of a supercouple, the supercouple, but I don't think GF has been good in romantic stories from the 1990s onward. Now, as the mayor, as a talk-to for all her many connections, as a parent, as an antagonist to the current big bad in town, she works really well. And her marriage to Kevin is wisely being kept in the background. I don't need scenes of those two cuddled up on the couch murmuring endearments.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Trina's scenes are always dynamic, but I was a little impatient today because they followed the usual trope of yelling at the back-from-dead guy for letting her suffer. You already processed this after Cyrus told you, Trina! In fact, you told your friends why he would be justified for faking his death, should he turn out to be really alive.

Another reason why I couldn't enjoy these scenes was because of this. We saw Trina justifying to MiniSheBeast and Cam why her dad would let he think he was dead; she pointed out the reasons, she FEELS and knows he's alive and when it turns out she was right, after the initial hug, she lays into him. Being a teenager, I guess? Nope. Even if it was the Real Taggert, it would take me out. It would have worked better if she hadn't said "he must have had a good reason to fake his death" and what not.

But the Fake!Taggert still came off as an entitled punk. No layers there.

• Love 2

The topless scene between Michael and Chase almost had a homoerotic undercurrent. Before Chase even said "I thought you were gonna kiss me," I was thinking, can you two just kiss and make up already! 

Of course Mikey is not really mad at Chase and Sasha's ruse. He is mad that the lie is out and he knows he pales in comparison to Chase and could never win Willow's heart on his own merits. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Another reason why I couldn't enjoy these scenes was because of this. We saw Trina justifying to MiniSheBeast and Cam why her dad would let he think he was dead; she pointed out the reasons, she FEELS and knows he's alive and when it turns out she was right, after the initial hug, she lays into him. Being a teenager, I guess? Nope. Even if it was the Real Taggert, it would take me out. It would have worked better if she hadn't said "he must have had a good reason to fake his death" and what not.

But the Fake!Taggert still came off as an entitled punk. No layers there.

I had no problem with her reaction. It’s one thing to tell people you would understand why he did it, when it’s hypothetical. It’s quite another when you’re faced with the reality that your father faked his death and let you continue to believe he was dead when in fact, he was right there watching you.  She feels betrayed and is angry that he didn’t trust her. She’ll get over it and understand why he had to do it. But right now her emotions are getting the best of her. As they should, since she’s only a teenager. Although I’m not sure I would be any more understanding as an adult.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I'm assuming that Cyrus has no idea that Laura is his half-sister, and that he had the files on David Hamilton pulled out to blackmail her or something so that she would either get off his back or do his bidding.

I got the feeling that he absolutely does know she’s his sister. The way he said “Laura” when he came in and admitted that Florence was also his mother.

It would certainly explain his obsession with Laura.

Same. Cyrus has been interested in Laura personally, not just as the mayor, so I'm sure he knows they're related. There was also his interest in Lulu that went a bit beyond casual.

3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I had no problem with her reaction. It’s one thing to tell people you would understand why he did it, when it’s hypothetical. It’s quite another when you’re faced with the reality that your father faked his death and let you continue to believe he was dead when in fact, he was right there watching you.  She feels betrayed and is angry that he didn’t trust her. She’ll get over it and understand why he had to do it. But right now her emotions are getting the best of her. As they should, since she’s only a teenager. Although I’m not sure I would be any more understanding as an adult.

I hope she doesn't stay mad at Taggert for too long, because it will just repeat her snippiness with Curtis, and I thought that was a bit much, even as it was understandable. I don't need to see those same notes played out yet again. I wish the show could vary things more.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope she doesn't stay mad at Taggert for too long, because it will just repeat her snippiness with Curtis, and I thought that was a bit much, even as it was understandable. I don't need to see those same notes played out yet again. I wish the show could vary things more.

I think that Trina needed to get it out of her system but she will get over it quickly because she has gotten her father back and that is the most important thing.

Meanwhile I cannot wait for Curtis and then later Portia to ream out Jordan for all the unneccesary pain and secrets that she is responsible for. There was no reason why she could not have told Curtis when he has been on her side from the beginning when Cyrus first show. He still doesn't even know that Jordan has turned a blind eye and misdirected her detectives/cops away from Cyrus as he sneaked drugs into Port Charles.

And when Jordan finally confessed to Portia that Cyrus had kidnapped TJ and hurt him, after Portia has explained in detail how destroyed Trina was over Taggert's death and Cyrus were circling around Trina and Portia, Jordan should have told her the truth.

I find that every single choice that Jordan has done in connection with Cyrus has been the wrong one and she really, really needs to be fired from the PCPD.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Jason and Sonny just shooting people out at the bus terminal that has surveillance cameras. Geeze. when oh when will they be thrown in jail?

Why do they legally have guns? Can the bare minimum for Sonny, someone convicted of murdering a person with a gun, not allowed a gun or did the dumbass Governor that freed Sonny without any conditions? New York is a May Issue- you have to ask permission. Even if New York was a Shall Issue state, he shouldn't be allowed a gun because he is an ex-con that was convicted of murder.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Why do they legally have guns? Can the bare minimum for Sonny, someone convicted or murdering a person with a gun, not allowed a gun or did the dumbass Governor that freed Sonny without any conditions? New York is a May Issue- you have to ask permission. Even if New York was a Shall Issue state, he shouldn't be allowed a gun because he is an ex-con that was convicted of murder.

I have no idea.  (I forgot that Sonny was in jail for one glorious second) but he shouldn't even be able to own a gun like you mentioned. 
and the thing is Jason didn't even have to freaking Kill Dumb Mob Flunky.  he came up behind him.  just freaking knock him out. 

Also what cracked me up. the guy just said the bus is sold out, and he was gonna go wait for it. No one heard these shots and ran to investigate? There's no screaming? 

God, Michael sucks. Chase was thoroughly charming throughout, but Michael is just not compelling in any way. Do the writers hate Michael and that’s why they write him as a sad sack who manipulates women into marrying him (what he did to Willow after she learned her own baby died was gross) and knees people in the nads when he’s feeling insecure? 

Empahtically signing on to this. Suckerpunching (literally below the belt) a guy in the act of apologizing to him makes Michael look good how exactly? Unless this is the start of Michael going full-fledged asshole because he loses Willow to Chase-- I don't see the point of him being such a colossal jerk. 

• Love 9

I haven' watched for a while and I caught the second half of today's show.  I have two questions.

1. Are Cyrus and Colonel Tad Martin Sanders Lesley's brothers?

2. Who gave Sonny permission to lecture anyone on what constitutes redemption?

I feel bad for Josslyn.  She has no moral compass because she has terrible role models.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I haven' watched for a while and I caught the second half of today's show.  I have two questions.

2. Who gave Sonny permission to lecture anyone on what constitutes redemption?

I feel bad for Josslyn.  She has no moral compass because she has terrible role models.

1. Yes, they are brothers. And also Laura's half-brothers.
  2. Mooby himself
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Sonny is going to let Julian live, why point a gun at him?!

That's his MO, just like I mentioned yesterday. All he does is talk and talk, and wave a gun around. Dante is the only one he actually shot in recent years. I can't recall if he killed Joe Scully, or had Jason do it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I literally laughed out loud😂 when that bridge platform construction zone broke under Sonny and Julian, and they went dooowwnnn - all because Sonny just had to corner Julian, and then go running toward the real love of his life when he saw him. At least Julian rushed him. Sonny being all "don't make me shoot you in the back" after his gun just fired into Julian's gut shows how truly a pathetic coward Sonny is.

I also laughed at Jason running and screaming toward the edge, over the real love of his life plummeting to wherever.

WTF with Carly's tears in her eyes? If she didn't want to live there anymore, she would still be in the same town - not in Australia - at her father's house. Ugh, the drama.  Joss, your mother did in fact drag you into this life. You wouldn't even know Sonny and Jason to "love" them if not for her. Good lord, the great mom tongue bath Carly got her from her eldest girl spawn was nauseating.

• Love 14

Diane certainly got to the bus station in Secaucus in a hurry. She must have been in a pneumatic tube wormhole!

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I also laughed at Jason running and screaming toward the edge, over the real love of his life plummeting to wherever.

The Pennsylvania side, of course.

When Sonny was listing Julian's sins to him, all I could think was, "You've done a lot worse, dude." It's so dumb when they have Sonny get on his moral high horse. Sonny is the worst!

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I would like to thank GH for providing me with the family reunion and ensuing drama that 2020 has deprived me of. I was Laura, watching with wide eyes today at the back-and-forth between Martin and Cyrus. There was a whole lot of exposition happening but the actors made it work, and it did help to know Cyrus Renault was in part born of his family's abandonment of him. Nice job all around for these scenes.

I tuned out Joss' breathless praise of Carly (yes, she's SO awesome for normalizing their dangerous, scary lifestyle) in favor of identifying the Christmas stockings hanging behind them. I think it was Carly, Sonny, Josslyn, Avery, Donna, and Wiley; why Wiley is included when he has a home with Michael at the Quartermaines, I don't know. I guess Rocco, the other grandchild, is just shit out of luck and not included whatsoever.

Praise be to Diane for successfully working her attorney mind tricks so Jason could make it in time to slow-mo run across the bridge to watch Sonny fall to his death fall and be cushioned by his enormous ego and walk away unscathed. That's speculation on my part, but like...come on. This man has seen more overwrought near-death experiences than I can count and never once has he had the decency to actually bite it, even if only for a little while, and I don't expect that to change now.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The Corinthos stockings are so terrible and ugly.

Everything about those a**holes is ugly.

It's great that Carly is raising the next perfect little mob moll. "You're here because the people you love are here."

Well, she's here because Jason is here. If Jason left the mob tomorrow morning, she would pack her bags and move back into her old house. 

Was Julian dead before the platform collapsed? Where will the bodies wash out, I wonder. I hope Sonny died. I know. I'm an idiot for hoping, but I'm so tired of him and his grandstanding.

The stuff with Laura, Cyrus and Martin was good. The levels of contempt Martin feels for Cyrus is pretty amazing. Cyrus is out of his depth when arguing with his brother. The back and forth was pretty good. Martin and Laura were great yesterday, Cyrus and Martin were great today. The scenes have been a really nice break from those very badly choreographed shooting scenes, Sonny mumbling, Jason nodding his head like the whipped cur that he is, and all the other tedious stuff the writers thing is so awesome.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, they are not Lesley's brothers.  They are Laura's half-brothers.  Leslie and Gordon Grey are Laura's parents, Florence and Gordon Grey are Cyrus and Martin's parents.  Laura, Cyrus and Martin share a father.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Now that we know Cyrus and Laura are half siblings, his emotional reactions (though subdued) to some of the collateral damage in the bombing, especially Lulu, make much more sense now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Cyrus is out of his depth when arguing with his brother.

He sure is. It reminds me of a friend of mine whose daughter is a lawyer. My friend doesn't like to argue with her anymore, heh.

The Curtis/Jordan stuff was a bore. What did either of them expect? Good grief.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That's his MO, just like I mentioned yesterday. All he does is talk and talk, and wave a gun around. Dante is the only one he actually shot in recent years. I can't recall if he killed Joe Scully, or had Jason do it.

Sonny killed Joe Scully to save Mike. I cannot remember who killed Joe Scully Jr.

I got to say I know Marty is easily going to be Laura's favorite brother. I hope she invites him over for Christmas. He has the same kind of contempt for Cyrus that she does although she did show some empathy when she found out that Cyrus was thrown out of his home when he was a kid.

Is Marty the oldest? Because Cyrus sure acted like the younger brother in those scenes.

Finally, I have no doubt that Jason will jump into the river and save Sonny. Sonny tried to the same for him when Faison shot Jason and kicked him into the river.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Is Marty the oldest? Because Cyrus sure acted like the younger brother in those scenes.

If they're going by the actors, Cyrus should be the oldest, as Jeff Kober is 6 years older than Michael E Knight.  Genie is 3 years younger than MK, so it should be Cyrus, Marty, Laura.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Like Chase, I thought for a minute that Michael was going to kiss him, and I thought, “Well, well, I did NOT see the story going in this direction”.  And then it didn’t, and I was a little disappointed.

It is well established that Michael /Chad has zero chemistry with any female on the show, or perhaps on planet Earth. So it might not be the worst idea to switch his team status. If nothing else, it should cause the character to be backburnered immediately. (see: Lucas) So, win either way!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

For a minute there, I thought that Sonny had talked Julian to death.

Why does Jordan have to tell Curtis everything?  She's the commissioner, he's a private citizen. There have to be things that are police secrets.

The sibling squabbling scenes were well written and acted. Very realistic, including Laura's expressions and being fed up with her two brothers.  I got the feeling that Cyrus is the older brother who was strong-willed enough to fight with his father and Martin was the appeaser.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

I tuned out Joss' breathless praise of Carly (yes, she's SO awesome for normalizing their dangerous, scary lifestyle) in favor of identifying the Christmas stockings hanging behind them. I think it was Carly, Sonny, Josslyn, Avery, Donna, and Wiley; why Wiley is included when he has a home with Michael at the Quartermaines, I don't know. I guess Rocco, the other grandchild, is just shit out of luck and not included whatsoever

Wylie is Carly's grandson. Rocco isn't, and thus is just tolerated by her.

That speechifying of Joss was all kinds of awful. I know it was probably put in to counter Sam's reasons for leaving the mob but all I got from it is that Joss is part of a cult, and that Carly doesn't lover her enough to let her live a few streets over with her father to get her out of it. Maybe she'll escape when she's in college like Willow did.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well, she's here because Jason is here. If Jason left the mob tomorrow morning, she would pack her bags and move back into her old house.

True.  I wonder if Sonny suspects.

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

But in all seriousness (and I missed stuff. so maybe that's it). What exactly is Michael whinging about?  It's not Chase's fault that he is stupid. 
1: Why did he have to marry Willow? If he was in a committed relationship with Sasha - why not marry Sasha?
2: He didn't have to marry anyone to show that he was a good father. 
3: Just because Sasha/Chase "slept" together - didn't mean they had to run off and get married
4: You clearly care enough about Willow to sleep with her
5: You are clearly committed enough to stay married and let her adopt WileyJonah

so why are you so mad that Chase/Sasha gave up their happiness to put WIley's well being above their own? Like what on earth was there to discuss?

For some reason (plot), Sasha wasn't good enough for Michael to marry because she pretended to be Nina's daughter and that's worse than Nelle being convicted of killing her ex-fiance and lying to get Carly put in Shadybrook.  And because this is 1940, being super wealthy and the scion of the Quartermaine family is not enough to give Michael custody of Wylie.  He needs to be married too.

I don't think that Michael is mad that Chase and Sasha gave up their happiness for Wylie, I think he's mad that now that Willow knows the truth, she's going to pick Chase over him because she's not an idiot.

• Love 8

People weren’t kidding about how good the scenes were between Laura, Martin and Cyrus. Wow

Did Genie interact with Michael Knight’s Tad on AMC? I don’t remember and I can’t recall her character’s name at the moment (Ceara?)

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Did Genie interact with Michael Knight’s Tad on AMC? I don’t remember and I can’t recall her character’s name at the moment (Ceara?)

IMDB tells be MEK was not on AMC during 1990-92, the same years that Genie was on the show. Now they could have on the same time when he left/she started and then when she left/he started. But I don't remember Ceara having much to do with Tad's side of town.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Rocco is also related to the SheBeast from her side of the family--Lulu. So he's like her second cousin. I don't know how these second, third, once removed, blah, blah, work. But Rocco is also her blood relative.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss is part of a cult, and that Carly doesn't lover her enough

I'm sorry, but the bolded just made me 🤣😂 AutoNOTCorrect Strikes Again!

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For a minute there, I thought that Sonny had talked Julian to death.

Why does Jordan have to tell Curtis everything?  She's the commissioner, he's a private citizen. There have to be things that are police secrets.

The sibling squabbling scenes were well written and acted. Very realistic, including Laura's expressions and being fed up with her two brothers.  I got the feeling that Cyrus is the older brother who was strong-willed enough to fight with his father and Martin was the appeaser.

That speechifying of Joss was all kinds of awful. I know it was probably put in to counter Sam's reasons for leaving the mob but all I got from it is that Joss is part of a cult, and that Carly doesn't lover her enough to let her live a few streets over with her father to get her out of it. Maybe she'll escape when she's in college like Willow did.

True.  I wonder if Sonny suspects.

For some reason (plot), Sasha wasn't good enough for Michael to marry because she pretended to be Nina's daughter and that's worse than Nelle being convicted of killing her ex-fiance and lying to get Carly put in Shadybrook.  And because this is 1940, being super wealthy and the scion of the Quartermaine family is not enough to give Michael custody of Wylie.  He needs to be married too.

I don't think that Michael is mad that Chase and Sasha gave up their happiness for Wylie, I think he's mad that now that Willow knows the truth, she's going to pick Chase over him because she's not an idiot.

I said it before. If Jason decided to go "Hey let's get some cheese fries and go at it like old times." Carly would be naked so fast it wouldn't even be funny.  It isn't even "best friend" love - like we've seen that before with Alexis/Jax, Alexis/Ned  (for he most part). And it is gross. Carly barely hides it.  It's called out when someone really hates Carly/Sonny (if we're lucky). I think even once upon a time Sonny called Carly out on it. The only reason why Carly hasn't liquored Jason up and taken him to bed, is because she wants Jason to choose her. And jason is disgusting enough to play around with it and puts everyone beneath Carly but won't seal the deal. 

All of those sick sickos deserve one another. I just wish that someone would call them out on it all more

I didn't watch the Joss tongue bathing (mostly because I don't really care for Joss or the actress. what exactly is going on there?

thanks for the break down. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Are Cyrus and Colonel Tad Martin Sanders Lesley's brothers?

Are you asking if Lesley is their sister? If so, then no. They’re no relation to Lesley. They are brothers and Laura’s biological father is also their father. So she’s Cyrus and Martin’s half sister.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

The only reason why Carly hasn't liquored Jason up and taken him to bed, is because she wants Jason to choose her. And jason is disgusting enough to play around with it and puts everyone beneath Carly but won't seal the deal. 

I remember back in the Tamblyn era Jason told Carly she didn't have to be friends with Emily but if they were going to fight, Carly had to fight out in the open and if he ever found Emily in a dumpster reeking of alcohol he was through with Carly. I like to think that conversation stuck with the character. I'm probably the only person who remembers that moment though. I haven't been able to find it on YT.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If they're going by the actors, Cyrus should be the oldest, as Jeff Kober is 6 years older than Michael E Knight.  Genie is 3 years younger than MK, so it should be Cyrus, Marty, Laura.

Marty would have to be younger because he picked up the southern accent while Cyrus didn't. 

23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I absolutely loved the gobsmacked look on Laura's face when Cyrus first walks in and announces that he's also Florence's son and that makes Laura his sister.  

Laura: What shitshow did I step into?!

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I remember back in the Tamblyn era Jason told Carly she didn't have to be friends with Emily but if they were going to fight, Carly had to fight out in the open and if he ever found Emily in a dumpster reeking of alcohol he was through with Carly. I like to think that conversation stuck with the character. I'm probably the only person who remembers that moment though. I haven't been able to find it on YT.

yah a lot of good stuff isn't on YT. 😞 

and honestly it just makes me sad that there are no more Quartermaines

Alan is dead. Emily is Dead. AJ is dead. (and what was dumb was that they never gave AJ a wife/kids before he came back to PC to you know. die to Sonny which ticks me off). Dillon is goodness knows where. Michael's dead to  me and Ill never see him as a Q now (if he could forgive Sonny for hunting his father down and killing him. i have no time for his crap). and while Jake/Danny are Jason's, I don't see him as a Q, so to me those kids aren't Quartermaines. 

But everyone on this show are Corinthii. like the hell? It's pretty much the same problem Days has (had?) Everyone and their mother were Hortons and it was getting to the point where you'd watch and be like "But aren't they ... cousins or whatever? 

But yeah i think some of Jason's warnings about how Carly would lose Jason sticks with her so she minds her Ps and Qs for the most part.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I absolutely loved the gobsmacked look on Laura's face when Cyrus first walks in and announces that he's also Florence's son and that makes Laura his sister.  

Me too. But I also appreciated that the writing and the acting didn't make it, "Oh the horror, the horror!" and then her running out immediately. Knowing Laura, part of her was probably being savvy enough to look for Cyrus' vulnerabilities. The other part of her has seen too much to be thrown by genetic links. After all, her own son was fathered by her tormentor. (Ha, just realized that perhaps that could apply to both sons.)

As for Carly, I do think she's let go of Jason to a certain extent.Somewhere during the Dawn of Day stuff (or Ryan? I can't remember), Sonny wanted her to go away with Jason to be safe, and she actually refused and said she wanted to stay with her family.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Finally, I have no doubt that Jason will jump into the river and save Sonny. Sonny tried to the same for him when Faison shot Jason and kicked him into the river.

He's gonna have to call Finn the infectious disease specialist right away if he jumps into that river.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

I said it before. If Jason decided to go "Hey let's get some cheese fries and go at it like old times." Carly would be naked so fast it wouldn't even be funny.  It isn't even "best friend" love - like we've seen that before with Alexis/Jax, Alexis/Ned  (for he most part). And it is gross. Carly barely hides it.  It's called out when someone really hates Carly/Sonny (if we're lucky). I think even once upon a time Sonny called Carly out on it. The only reason why Carly hasn't liquored Jason up and taken him to bed, is because she wants Jason to choose her. And jason is disgusting enough to play around with it and puts everyone beneath Carly but won't seal the deal. 

Absolutely. Carly doesn't "love" Jason; she's obsessed with him and has been since back when he was in love with Robin.  When she found out that then-baby Jake was Jason's son, she raged with jealousy (even more so than Sam, in my opinion). She had this "how dare Elizabeth get to have a night with Jason!" attitude when she first found out about it and acted like Elizabeth threw herself at Jason, who gave in because he was depressed about Sam. I still remember her "bitch in heat" line.

If Sonny ends up missing for more than a couple days in a storyline (whether presumed dead or his body gets "identified"), I can see Carly and Jason turning to each other and having '"grief sex" now that Sam says the JaSam relationship is done. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Absolutely. Carly doesn't "love" Jason; she's obsessed with him and has been since back when he was in love with Robin.  When she found out that then-baby Jake was Jason's son, she raged with jealousy (even more so than Sam, in my opinion). She had this "how dare Elizabeth get to have a night with Jason!" attitude when she first found out about it and acted like Elizabeth threw herself at Jason, who gave in because he was depressed about Sam. I still remember her "bitch in heat" line.

If Sonny ends up missing for more than a couple days in a storyline (whether presumed dead or his body gets "identified"), I can see Carly and Jason turning to each other and having '"grief sex" now that Sam says the JaSam relationship is done. 

I'm not gonna lie. Because i hated Elizabeth during that time. that was the best line ever to me. (And it was how LW said it. just like. kapow). but yeah I always felt she was mad that while Carly tried to make Michael "Jason's" Elizabeth actually had Jason's son. (not like you'd know it). 

22 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

As for Carly, I do think she's let go of Jason to a certain extent.Somewhere during the Dawn of Day stuff (or Ryan? I can't remember), Sonny wanted her to go away with Jason to be safe, and she actually refused and said she wanted to stay with her family.

yeah carly's done things like that - she does stay when the going gets tough, I'll give her credit for that. (but it's more of if Jason even gave her a pinch. Carly would take the entire loaf. Jason just never pinches).

• Love 1

Since the year is almost over I'll say my one annual 'nice' thing about Carly:  she looks great in red.

Yes, yes, I know that was actually about LW, but that's the best I can do.

Also, there's a shock: Joss falling in step with the family line that "all is well because we CHOSE this life."  The only Corinthii to even slightly push back against that has been Kristina and we know where that's got her. 

1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

I remember Jason's "Emily/dumpster" threat to Carly. That was sometime in spring 1999.  It was a good period for the show, even though Hannah was on all the time, and no amount of billboards and print ads could make her happen.  

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

To me, that means the odds favor Willow staying with Michael, at least for the foreseeable future. If Willow were about to return to Chase, they'd never show Michael lashing out angrily and saying Willow was going to go back to Chase. They'd have Michael emphasizing the strength of his and Willow's commitment to each other, and Chase saying he knows he has no chance, so that Willow's choice would be "surprising." 

So my guess is that Sasha is getting Brando as her consolation prize, and Chase is getting someone else, and Snow White is riding Eeyore to happiness. Chase -- not being a Corinthos -- will be one of those GH characters who have to "live with the consequences of [their] actions." But no one will think he's a bad guy, and in time he will have Michael's friendship again and will be absurdly grateful for it.  

• Love 2
Just now, ulkis said:

Sonny: don't make shoot you Julian!

So which is it show? Is Sonny a mobster with guts and initiative or a wuss who can only shoot when people "make" him?

he's a wussy. 
he does that all the time. 

"tell me what i need to know before i kill you" is Sonny for "I really hope someone comes and stops me before I have to actually do it!"

• Love 3

I don’t get the writing for Josslyn. The show seems to want to make her happen but at the same time, the girl is 18 and parrots all of Sonny and Carly’s opinion about everything and everyone. Michael and Morgan at least went back and forth. I just feel like I’m missing something because they are writing her as boring and kind of clueless and I don’t think that’s their intention. 

• Love 3