Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because Mooby is an "oooold childhood friend of her mama's from da old neighborhood." 🙄 No peer pressure involved whatsoever

It was a comment on how the whole town mostly kisses Sonny's asses and then act crappily towards Julian.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Linny said:

How fair is it that Jason receives tons of help from Monica and the Qs and gives them only a sliver of his time or attention in return? It wouldn't kill him to eat Thanksgiving pizza or drink wassail with the rest of them.

I think Robin would be the only person who could convince him to do that.

Yes, I said it.

43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was a comment on how the whole town mostly kisses Sonny's asses and then act crappily towards Julian.

Right. But it doesn't apply to Brook Lynn as far as I'm concerned.

What an absolute load of crap the Sam scenes were.  Miraculous Christmas Eve parole?  Give me a large break.

i don't care about Gladys, but given she's helping out with the stupid Dev lie maybe the collective Corinthii could be a little less bitchy to her with every breath.  Especially Carly Jr.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

i don't care about Gladys, but given she's helping out with the stupid Dev lie maybe the collective Corinthii could be a little less bitchy to her with every breath.  Especially Carly Jr.

THIS.  I don't even understand why Joss was being such a bitch (other than she's Carly's daughter and it's a day that ends in a Y).  But I also don't understand why Gladys was all "hey my wonderful grandson lets hug" when they were inside the house and everyone knows the truth.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

THIS.  I don't even understand why Joss was being such a bitch (other than she's Carly's daughter and it's a day that ends in a Y).  But I also don't understand why Gladys was all "hey my wonderful grandson lets hug" when they were inside the house and everyone knows the truth.  

I don't know that she was aware Joss knew the truth.

• Love 2

At least Gladys is dedicated to keeping up the lie, earning her paycheck.

I like that CarSon's marriage seems to be crumbling under the weight of their own personalities instead of an outside force messing with them.  Dev and Jax are not to blame for any of the BS that Carly and Sonny are doing.  Mostly Sonny really.

• Love 6

What a lame episode. I guess Tracy was the best part, followed by Curtis as Santa. Everything else? Blegh. Oh, Cam and Trina, mainly Trina. She's great. But Snore Sam being home with her kids she never spent any time with, Jason holding Drew's daughter (gross), Carly calling Avery her child (shut up, Carly) and all the rest was crap.

I don't care about Gladys and I don't care about this old friend of Jordan's that died that we never knew. And a preview focusing solely on Sonny and Carly is a great way to get me to tune out.

• Love 11

I really enjoyed the Cam/Trina scenes. I hope the show considers putting those two together b/c they have a lot of chemistry! They would be cute. 

GH is really horrible at storytelling. Why is Sam out of prison? What was the point of putting her in prison? And why did she need to come home for Christmas? It would have been more dramatic to keep her in prison for a while. I don't think Sam's time in prison will have any impact on her, so what was the point? Did her prison arc interest anyone? 

I had to roll my eyes at the JaSam happy Christmas! I don't care about them. 

I also agree w/everyone about the Corinthos clan's treatment of Gladys. It's ridiculous how rude they are to her. Oh, and why does Sonny have to tolerate Brad? Did Brad do something to him? 

And how old is Scout? She appears to be 7-years old! Wasn't she a baby last year? 

• Love 6

They SORASed Scout to a toddler a year ago I think.

Wow, Maxie was a self-righteous dipshit yesterday. She hasn't matured that much, she just has partners who put up with her crap.

I don't think Sonny and Carly are necessarily going to crumble.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Linny said:

Tracy was slightly tough on Ned, chiding him for helping Jason, though I see her point.

It must be refreshing for a writer to be able to type something against the St. Jason character and having the scene executed exquisitely by one of the best soap opera actresses ever to grace the screen.

LOL at Alexis literally RUNNING away from her daughter and her family.

Props to Chloe Lenier for her most recent stint.  She has been much fun to watch away at a distance from the Corinthos clan.

Cam and Trina don't have any chemistry - imo - but they do provide much hope for the future of this soap because Carly Jr. sure doesn't.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, lala2 said:

And how old is Scout? She appears to be 7-years old! Wasn't she a baby last year? 

And seems to not care at all that her father is no where to be found.  Seriously, "I want Mommy home?"  Kid was never WITH Mommy even when she wasn't in prison. 

• Love 13

Not-so-deep thoughts:

1. Scout and Violet would both have been better off if the former's "miracle" had gone to the latter. (That goes double for the viewers.)
  2.  I am not sure why Mel Harris only did one episode as Gladys before being replaced, but in trying to research that I discovered that Mel has been married SIX times in real life. How soapy!
  3. If my spouse got bummed out that "an old friend died but you wouldn't know him/her" I don't think I'd let the subject drop.
  4. Is the next episode going to be CarSon only? That preview was weird. 
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, lala2 said:

Oh, and why does Sonny have to tolerate Brad? Did Brad do something to him? 

Not directly, but I think Sonny still holds Brad's early behavior against him. *cue lightning striking for typical hypocrisy* How noble of Sonny to "put up with Brad for [Carly's] sake." Such a giver, that one.

3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Props to Chloe Lanier for her most recent stint.  She has been much fun to watch away at a distance from the Corinthos clan.

I've enjoyed her baiting Sam, as well as everyone else she comes into contact with. Nelle is a terrible schemer, but she's good with the verbal digs.

The music during the Santa scenes was so heavy-handed. 

7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

3. If my spouse got bummed out that "an old friend died but you wouldn't know him/her" I don't think I'd let the subject drop.

That was so random. I'm sure it will be picked up later, but way to drop it.

LOL that Jason dumps the kids with Alexis. I know it was to get Sam out, but still. Anything to not have to parent! Ugh, Ned got Sam out? 

I don't know why Cam was so embarrassed about what he was wearing. It's not like he was in an elf costume.

Joss, that light moving through the sky is called an airplane.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

Oh, and why does Sonny have to tolerate Brad? Did Brad do something to him? 

I think it's because he tried to blackmail Michael into sex. Normally I would have thought that was ancient history in show logic, but it was mentioned recently.

• Useful 1
On 12/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Nothing like having something forced down your throat! Yes I will sit at the table alone and say Friz is my least favorite relationship of Liz's and I hate Roger Hogworth and Franco.d to leave the show.

1. I wanted Liz to be the art therapist with her background in both art & nursing and transition out of nursing. Yet they had the fucking serial killer with questionable artistic talent take that role.
  2. Making him Scotty's son. He already had two unknown kids (who were way better and made more sense), he didn't need a third.
  3. Like Jason, characters are often sacrificed on the alter for him. The made the Liz's younger sons gung ho about him, and acted like Cameron was crazy for not wanting him in the family. 
  4. The show says he has changed, but evidence points otherwise. He staged a mock wedding and showed Carly in the midst of affair in front of her young daughter instead of having a more private breakup and then convinced a lot of people that they were in a room with a bomb. He stabbed his mother and left her for dead, and of course she was the villain for being pissed about that. He put Liz's rapist in a cage with shock collar. He helped kidnap a newborn. 
  5. The rape revisit. Speaking of, instead of giving Rebecca Herbst the storyline she deserved after all of these years playing second fiddle to just about everyone else they gave it to Franco in order to usher in Friz. It should have starred Liz, but it became about Franco being "a better man" even though his lies helped have one brother kill another and of course Franco never had an ounce of remorse for driving a seemingly decent man to do this, because Liz had sex with him. 

You are NOT alone at your table. ITA with you, including the numbered points. Also, Franco reuniting with Jake was a failed moment to me because a) we never saw Jake's devastated reaction to Franco being gone - he's hasn't been on-screen since Aiden's b-day party in the spring and b) Jake acted like it was no big deal to have Franco back (no tears of joy, no giant I-missed-you hug). He behaved like Franco had just been out of their lives for a week on business. Of Elizabeth's children, Franco had the strongest relationship with *Jake.*  And I call bullshit on Cam claiming it's a perfect Christmas except for his community service. How about, I just miss having Aiden here too. 

Good to see Tracy! I liked her dig at Michael, lol.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

You are NOT alone at your table. ITA with you, including the numbered points. Also, Franco reuniting with Jake was a failed moment to me because a) we never saw Jake's devastated reaction to Franco being gone - he's hasn't been on-screen since Aiden's b-day party in the spring and b) Jake acted like it was no big deal to have Franco back (no tears of joy, no giant I-missed-you hug). He behaved like Franco had just been out of their lives for a week on business. Of Elizabeth's children, Franco had the strongest relationship with *Jake.*  And I call bullshit on Cam claiming it's a perfect Christmas except for his community service. How about, I just miss having Aiden here too. 

Good to see Tracy! I liked her dig at Michael, lol.

This times a gazillion million! All these child actors of the last decade are like step ford children. I’m so glad I was around to see and enjoy the talents of Wee Jonathan Jackson, Wee Kimberly McCullough, Amber Tamblyn, and teen/YA such as Sean Kansan, Vanessa Marcil, Rebecca Herbst.

The only thing I enjoyed about the reunion with Franco was his disgust and “EWWW!” expression when Liz told him he had slept with Kim when he had Drew’s memories.

And Liz saying “Babe” just took me out. Another character change I loathe.

Can someone remind me again what Cam did that he’s still doing community service SIX months and seemingly never to end?

Team Tracy here and FOREVER. That is also the fugliest Christmas Tree I’ve ever seen-well, second FUGLIEST. The FUGLIEST goes to Jason’s. And maybe I’m guilty of stereotyping, but why would Olivia-the living EMBODIMENT of an Italian Mama-prefer to have a fake silver tree instead of a real one?

And why was Ned not happy to see Tracy? Did she kill his puppy before she left two years ago when Jane retired?  And since when is Brookieeee a cheerleader for Monica, who’s looking more and more like the crypt keeper with HUGE ASS TEETH?

Jordan and Cam and Trina and Joss..zzzzzzz😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Every time that SLS talks about ELQ, I 😆😆😆😆😁🙄🙄🙄🙄 because he looks like a child playing at being a CEO. I totally want Tracy to start a coup and take over.

That last scene with Tracy and Monica toasting each other abs hugging came  off more like Jane and Leslie.

So did Monica throw away all the pictures of Alan, Edward and Lila? We know once AJ was murdered, he was removed from the family and ceased to exist, and replaced with Drew and Borg.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Can someone remind me again what Cam did that he’s still doing community service SIX months and seemingly never to end?

For not buying pot from that undercover cop and then missing his community hours because he was helping Oscar with his bucket list.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He shot someone in the back with a flare gun. 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

A friend of mine asked why does Sam get out of jail for manslaughter after 2 months while Cameron is still doing community service more than a year later for not buying pot?

Things I didn't want to see in my Christmas episode:

• Carly and Carly Jr. being terrible to Gladys who hadn't done anything to them. She's helping Sonny even if he is paying her for it, and risking being in trouble with the law;
  • Joss smugly telling Dev she'll explain to the boy from Turkey about Santa Claus. Way to talk down to people from other countries, Joss;
  • Danny telling Jason what an awful dad he is and Scout forgetting about her father completely;
  • Sam's bitchface and classless snarls at Nelle (at least Nelle's were clever);
  • Sasha saying that Michael is the awesomest negotiator ever and Brooklyn telling Leo that he has the  Q negotiating trait when he has zero Q DNA.
  • Brooklyn and Michael talking about how awful Tracy is and she could only be there to manipulate or to get something;
  • Michael telling Tracy that "Mom and Dad" are waiting for them in Monica's house;
  • the motel room inspired new-money redecorating of the Q house. It will be dated within 3 years.
  • A totally random Jordan moment mourning the death of someone neither we nor her husband have ever heard about
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That is also the fugliest Christmas Tree I’ve ever seen-well, second FUGLIEST. The FUGLIEST goes to Jason’s. And maybe I’m guilty of stereotyping, but why would Olivia-the living EMBODIMENT of an Italian Mama-prefer to have a fake silver tree instead of a real one?

Monica said that Christmas was her holiday to decorate, explaining why she had suddenly lost all taste and redid the whole ground floor of the mansion. But I have to disagree, Jason's was second fugly.  Finn and Anna's half silver spray painted Charlie-Brown inspired tree was the worst.

• Love 3

Sonny is notoriously self absorbed, but even I was surprised by his rudeness in explaining Gladys’s presence to Carly, with Gladys standing right there. “Mike asked me to invite her, and I couldn’t get out of it.” Nice holiday spirit, Jackass.

Why is coma patient Lucas convalescing in an Alzheimer’s facility? Turning Woods (gah, what a name) is not a general long term care facility; it says Longterm Memory Care on its sign. Why not say he’s at a different, more appropriate place? It’s not like they’re going to show him anyway.

Cam and Trina were the only bright spot in Friday’s show (well, besides Tracy, of course). Trina needs to get her own storyline, with or without Cam, and fast. The actress is already getting other gigs and I see her moving on soon if they don’t give her a reason to stay.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

And now the place just looks like a cheaply made McMansion.  

It’s fitting, for a cheaply made McSoap.

• Love 5
On 12/27/2019 at 3:56 PM, Linny said:

One minute Sam's in her cell threatening Nelle with violence (please, it'd be two dry spaghetti strands knocking together), the next, she's wiping tears from her eyes in her apartment, leather jacket in place.

LOL.  Nelle is scrappy, though.  She would win.  Sam would throw a lame attempt at a punch then pass out from exhaustion.

I agree with everyone about the horrible Q house renovation.  This was change for the sake of change.  I don’t get it.  It looks like a page out of a Pier 1 catalog.  But Tracey hates it so maybe... it’s supposed to be horrible and before she goes back to Amsterdam she’ll have it fixed on the sly?  The Q’s will walk into the house to find it restored and a farewell note from Tracey saying ‘HA!!!’

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

A friend of mine asked why does Sam get out of jail for manslaughter after 2 months while Cameron is still doing community service more than a year later for not buying pot?

We all know not buying pot shows a character weakness, while manslaughter is a badge of honor In Port Charles.

7 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

But Tracey hates it so maybe... it’s supposed to be horrible and before she goes back to Amsterdam she’ll have it fixed on the sly?  The Q’s will walk into the house to find it restored and a farewell note from Tracey saying ‘HA!!!’

LOL. That would be a very Tracy thing to do. Too bad we're stuck with that hideous redesign.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Nelle is scrappy, though.  She would win.  Sam would throw a lame attempt at a punch then pass out from exhaustion.

Not to mention, Sam would probably twist an ankle, as she's apt to do.

14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Brooklyn and Michael talking about how awful Tracy is and she could only be there to manipulate or to get something;

Seriously, Michael has zero room to judge anyone given he was raised by two of the biggest manipulating monsters ever to set foot in PC.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Monica said that Christmas was her holiday to decorate, explaining why she had suddenly lost all taste and redid the whole ground floor of the mansion. But I have to disagree, Jason's was second fugly.  Finn and Anna's half silver spray painted Charlie-Brown inspired tree was the worst.

What I meant by stereotyping Olivia was Monica's statement about switching the tree she did up with a fakey silver/white on that Olivia wanted. And why Olivia would even consider a fakey tree, let alone a fugly silver/white one.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously, Michael has zero room to judge anyone given he was raised by two of the biggest manipulating monsters ever to set foot in PC.

Eh, IDK. I think Tracy is awesome, but if I were a family member of hers, I'd be side eyeing her after being away for years with no visits and barely a peep. 

Last time I checked though, Michael admired her and even sort of liked her. She was there for him a lot the last time around. I liked that relationship. Oh well. Can't like anything on this show, or talk about liking it, because TPTB will find out and kill it with fire.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think it's because he tried to blackmail Michael into sex. Normally I would have thought that was ancient history in show logic, but it was mentioned recently.

Oh, it was?! I guess I FF'ed or skipped that scene. LOL! I didn't think Sonny or Carly even knew about that. Oh well . . . . still the idea that Sonny has to tolerate Brad just gets on my nerves. Brad basically stays in his lane and has no interactions w/CarSon. They shouldn't really have any problems w/him at all IMO. 

• Love 3

I wouldn’t mind the redo of the Quatermaine mansion as much if they hadn't reconfigured the whole front entry way. I’m not thrilled about the color palette either. The mansion was a landmark set just Katherine Chancelors on Y&R and they screwed that up, too. Sometimes less is more.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Oh, it was?! I guess I FF'ed or skipped that scene. LOL! I didn't think Sonny or Carly even knew about that. Oh well . . . . still the idea that Sonny has to tolerate Brad just gets on my nerves. Brad basically stays in his lane and has no interactions w/CarSon. They shouldn't really have any problems w/him at all IMO. 

Brad was an accessory to keeping Rocco away from Dante and Lulu for whatever time period that took up.  That probably wouldn't endear him to Sonny.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:07 PM, tvgoddess said:

I don't care about Gladys and I don't care about this old friend of Jordan's that died that we never knew. And a preview focusing solely on Sonny and Carly is a great way to get me to tune out.

At first I though the Gladys stuff with her friend with Alzheimer’s was an attempt to be socially topical but then the weird and supposed leaving of voicemail happened. She might be interesting as a tormentor to Carly and Sonny but I’m not sure we need anyone more connected to them. 

The Jordan call seemed just so random, but I’m guessing it’s an anvil of an upcoming storyline for her.

I wish they’d settle on how to say Ned’s daughter’s name - two words or like the borough. I’m petty, but nails on chalkboard even worse than Ca-sand-ra and Ca-saaaaahhhhhn-dra. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

then the weird and supposed leaving of voicemail happened.

I think was to give Gladys a tiny bit of humanity so we didn't think she was entirely craven. Who cares? I liked her best when she squeezed more money out of Sonny.

• Love 4

I'm behind, but catching up and had a few thoughts on Q Christmas:

- I love Tracy's hair

- My girl Brook loves herself some skirts, doesn't she.  Has Amanda Setton worn pants since her arrival?

- Brook having a friendly rapport with Michael, but then also busting out some business speak that led Tracy to suggest her getting a position at ELQ was interesting.

- Painting Michael as this do-gooder of a CEO when he worships at Sonny's alter is ridiculous.

- It's kinda BS, but I do like that Ned and Jason have reached this friendly place.  I feel like it will evaporate now that Jason has gotten what he wanted, but still.

And the previews for tomorrow are all Sonny and Carly?  Are you daring me to watch something else, Show?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

- It's kinda BS, but I do like that Ned and Jason have reached this friendly place.  I feel like it will evaporate now that Jason has gotten what he wanted, but still.

What annoys me is that Jason can't be deigned to interact with the Qs unless they can help him. Ned has been established to be pro-family, so at least there's some history for this help, but really, getting Jason's idiot girlfriend out on parole? That's a really big favor. I wonder how the show will follow up on Sam being on parole. Will it forget? Will she do something stupid to put it in danger and get sent back to Pentonville and Nelle's entertaining barbs?

I want Ned to get a huge return on this favor, but I can't really think of what it would be unless it's about ELQ, and Jason couldn't care less about that.

• Love 6

I am catching up. All I have to say about Thursday's episode is that they are making Maxie look terrible. I'm not talking about her being snowed by Peter's "reform," because that's fair game for a soap. I'm talking about unnecessary collateral issues. I've never thought she was the brainiest or most sensitive character on the show, but I couldn't believe how she kept trying to nudge more of the detail out about Peter's "heroics" and a gunman trying to kill André and/or Franco, while Cameron indicated like mad that he didn't want his little brother (who has a history of psychological trauma) hearing it.

Yes, that's where we are. Maxie, thirtysomething parent of two, looked worse than Cameron, who's doing an apparent lifetime of community service for not-buying pot.  

In other news, I still like Convict!Nelle. I was iffy on Chloe Lanier when she was being run ragged playing the confused, zigzagging good-or-bad version that Shelly and Jean were writing, but now that a direction has been committed to, she's entertaining.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I want Ned to get a huge return on this favor, but I can't really think of what it would be unless it's about ELQ, and Jason couldn't care less about that.

No but Jason does wield a great deal of influence over Michael.  Ned wants to buy oscar’s shares for Olivia and Leo but Michael put him off. So if Jason convinces Michael to sell the shares, Ned gets what he wants. 

• Useful 1

yeah-- it was the almost-buying pot. But he did mention that this Christmas gig wraps up his community service-- so congrats Cam! Hope they give him more to do-- that is away from Joss and Dev because they are the worst.

Stop trying to make Chachi happen, show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

All these child actors of the last decade are like step ford children. I’m so glad I was around to see and enjoy the talents

I have thought the child actor playing Jake (Hudson something) is talented, so I don't know what happened with that scene. He acts what is written for him, so I guess the reunion moment with Franco was lazily/poorly written.

• Love 1

Of course Sonny is having Carly tracked. Way to trust your wife, jerk. Ugh, so gross. 

LOL that Sonny thinks Jason is siding with Carly. He's SUCH an infant. "I don't let things happen, I ACT!" Yes, in the most idiotic way possible.

I'm so tired of Sam giving Julian the stink-eye. Yes, how dare he visit his son. What sort of monster does that? And why is Julian filling out paperwork for Lucas? Brad is his next of kin.

If Harmony has to find a job, doesn't Sam? I'm pretty sure working with Jason on illegal business isn't what the parole board has in mind.

That exterior view of GH was awfully sinister-looking. 

So I guess that's it for the show until, what, Thursday?

• Love 6

Sam is seriously vying with Carly for the Uber Bitch of Port Charles. First to Julian, couldn't cut him a break for staying with Lucas all the time, and then to Harmony. 

Of course Harmony gives all the credit to St. Jasus. Missed that necessary part of the show yesterday. Sonny's manpain, and everyone telling Jason how wonderful he is.

Laura, you're the mayor. And you have a husband to attend to, and 5 grandchildren. Why are you haring off on a wild goose chase?  At least Curtis is getting paid for it.

Valentin went looking to speak to Laura, and then forgot all about her to eveasdrop on Ava.

Ava and her excitement about the wedding was delightful.  MW really brings it.

I don't know why the promo was of Sonny and Carly, Nina's wedding is what I would tune in for

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What annoys me is that Jason can't be deigned to interact with the Qs unless they can help him. Ned has been established to be pro-family, so at least there's some history for this help, but really, getting Jason's idiot girlfriend out on parole? That's a really big favor.

He drops off his kids at Monica's though I guess that's helping him.  You have to cut him some slack, he's too busy doing everything for Carly and her kids.

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Harmony has to find a job, doesn't Sam? I'm pretty sure working with Jason on illegal business isn't what the parole board has in mind.

Didn't you hear? Sam doesn't have time to get a job, she's too busy taking care of her kids.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I know the characters can't read what I post, but I just have to get this off my chest.

Sonny:  Jason has always put Carly before you. Carly puts Jason before you. It's just the way it is.  Don't ask Jason whose side he's on. It's a silly question.

Jason and Sam (and Willow):  Don't go to the Memorial Service.  Problem solved.  Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill if nothing else happens (which I'm sure it will, but why jump to conclusions at this point, besides the fact that you're on a soap).

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And why is Julian filling out paperwork for Lucas? Brad is his next of kin.

I had the same thought - Julian is not legally family. Bobbie and the late Tony Jones adopted Lucas, so Bobbie should be the one filling out paperwork as legal mother of Lucas if not his husband Brad. 

LOL that Sonny is upset "Carly is doing something with Jax." Gasp, the horror. I seriously thought Sonny's spy was going to say "OMG, boss, Jax and Carly hugged, it's possible she's being unfaithful." I also laughed at Valentin eavesdropping on Ava and the dismayed, exasperated look on his face at realizing the codocil must still exist/be an issue.  But Ava beaming with joy about Valentin's expected downfall at the wedding is pretty funny. 

I assume that Nelle somehow arranged the alert about Shiloh's memorial. Ugh at Sam's perpetual bitchface.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am thinking (hoping) that the suddenly dead Jordan friend will somehow involve Trina. 

I’ll second that. Besides the ties to the teen set and Ava, Trina could use another connection to the canvas. I’m still convinced it was to be to Aunt Stella until VW got that prime time role  

Agree wholeheartedly with @TeeVee329 above on the Qs. Tracy’s (assumed) temporary return could made for a nice brief ELQ storyline. Also:

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Painting Michael as this do-gooder of a CEO when he worships at Sonny's alter is ridiculous.

Sums up where I’d love to see any ELQ story go. 

The Q mansion set is really jarring, and reminds me of Sonny’s kitchen. It could work as the Metro Court lobby though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Okay, show, it's both super lazy storytelling AND super boring to watch multiple conversations being eavesdropped upon in the same episode. The Gio stuff can at least be justified as him being hired to seek out intel for Sonny, but the addition of Laura, Curtis, Ava, and Valentin all creeping on each other's business is just too much. I'd much rather see characters DOING something (however crazy, lawless, or unethical) than watch a game of telephone where all the facts wind up distorted. 

Ugh, fine, I guess we're doing this Claudette thing afterall. I'll allow it if it means having Jax do something other than holding Carly's hands (do not go there, GH, I swear to god) and if it'll help Lulu's custody fight. All of Valentin's confident talk of Charlotte making her home solely with him and Nina and Lulu settling for a "generous" visitation schedule with her has me itching for Valentin to come back down to earth the hard way.

Sonny and Carly's contrived nonsense is a really sour note to end the year on. I'll admit to enjoying Sonny's insecure whining about Jason taking Carly's side ('cause yeah, the intimacy of this trio is not at all evenly distributed, and Sonny probably should be bothered by that), but putting one of his goons on Carly's trail is a ridiculous overstep. I hate how the show normalizes such behavior and excuses Sonny from fault because Carly has been lying to him. Her evasiveness is not reason enough for Sonny to breach all boundaries of her privacy, and it reflects poorly on the show to suggest otherwise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:
21 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am thinking (hoping) that the suddenly dead Jordan friend will somehow involve Trina. 

I’ll second that. Besides the ties to the teen set and Ava, Trina could use another connection to the canvas. I’m still convinced it was to be to Aunt Stella until VW got that prime time role  

The last time Stella was on she mentioned the mystery relative, which I thought was weird because they knew VWJ wasn't coming back.

27 minutes ago, Linny said:

custody fight

Ugh, I really hope Nina can talk him out of this. These things are SO tedious and boring to watch.

I had to laugh when Valentin said Lulu despised him. It's not as if he's all warm and fuzzy toward her. And to jump to the conclusion that Lulu and Laura somehow know about the secret bodyguard just because his picture is on Lulu's phone is completely stupid. It's so obvious they know nothing. There's no way Lulu would have been okay with Charlotte jumping into freezing water just to prove a point.

• Love 3