Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

What? Did Mooby tell the EMTS to turn the ambulance around and take him back to what’s left of the Floating Rib? Because no way would that petulant manboy jump out and walk back.🙄🙄🙄🙄

At least Show didn’t retcon that Laura wasn’t convicted of killing Hamilton, but I do wish they’d flashed back to him laughing at her, which led to her pushing him. Genie was really good. Without makeup, and her hair pulled behind her ears, she nearly looked like she did at 17ish. Nearly.

Mac!

So stupid Sam goes to hugging Julian to looking at him a if he’s dirt in the very next scene. Why couldn’t she have been bombed?

I mean she goes on and on how much she loves Alexis, then tells her to stay away from Scout because she doesn’t trust her-which just reveals all her previous words as lies.

Diane’s and Valentin’s letters made me all misty.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First off, thank god St. Sonny was around to help the EMT’s and demand to know what Julian was doing there. STFU Sonny!

Of course, show has Carly seeing Jason first. WTF was that? That shows where Sam really stacks up on the totem pole. I knew it was true but today they didn’t even hide. It’s Sonny, Carly and then way in the back is Sam. Hysterical!

Dev and Dustin. Not a good day for people with a D in their name. They didn’t really add much anyway. Although, I was thrown off because Emme Rylan was fine. She even looked good with her big hair after the explosion. Usually, her hair is always flat. Now, I’m not sure how she’s being replaced, written off and/or replaced. It’s great seeing DZ. he’s just so anti soap that he makes the show more interesting. So everyone is accounted for and Julian will still feel guilty even though Danny is alive. Of course, his target Jason is, too. Somebody ain’t going to be happy about that.

I’m glad my theory (as others) 40 year old story being about David Hamilton. I was hoping they would have shown the scene where David Hamilton ripped up Laura’s love letters in her face. I saw it when it originally aired. The show was soooooo good then.  I can’t believe how long ago that was. I’m 56 now and I remember it very clearly. 

I remember too. They kept having flashbacks of the pieces flying up in slow motion, LOL. That's how the cops finally got a lead -- there was a love letter and the initial "L" found in a chandelier. Lesley claimed the letters were hers. (The other thing about that storyline was that Genie Francis was a great crier even back in the day -- and that was before waterproof mascara!)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I like that the show waited, TBH. They know each other a bit better now, and they can have a relationship because they want it, not because being siblings forces them to have it. I'm sure the writers didn't consider any of this, but I pretend it happened this way. Heh.

I think there's a Jax-sized hole in her life, which the BTS tension isn't going to fix, so Valentine is a great fit. Although I would have accepted them as lovers, too. (I always laugh thinking about B & B, when Bridget found out Ridge wasn't her brother and fell madly is lust with him about five minutes later.) 

Edited to add that I have to admit I was a little shocked about Alexis' cavalier attitude toward Danny being in danger. I understand that anger and disgust toward Jason is a realistic reaction, but there didn't seem to be any anxiety for her own grandson underlying it. Must be good tequila! 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I've had stronger reactions when I run out of ketchup mid-hamburger.

Really, really, really love the relationship between Valentin and Alexis.  It's not flowery, yet there IS a sentimentality to it that suits both their personalities.  I'm a sucker for platonic male/female pairings, and this one totally works for me.

Laura telling Sonny about David Hamilton was pretty accurate.  She failed to mention she blocked the whole thing out, Lesley took the blame, and then when she did remember she ran away to NYC, but none of that changed the end result of her finally confessing and getting sentenced.

Yeah, I was waiting for Laura to bring up the memory lapse and Lesley’s involvement but I guess that was too far down the rabbit hole for the writers. Heck! I even remember Lesley being kind of pissed that Laura remembered afterward while Lesley was in jail. Rightfully so. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

No surprise on Dustin biting the dust....see what I did there?  If the Lulu character is going away, then Dustin serves no real purpose.  I was surprised and disappointed about them killing off Dev.  I liked the character and the potential of him being Sonny's bastard son and heir apparent to his organization.  Maybe that could have been  a direction they could have taken if the character was 26, instead of 16.  

I agree with everyone, that the lack of emotion from Sonny and Carly to Dev's death was ridiculous and almost bordering on shear comedy.  Maybe they can make up for it if they have his onscreen funeral.  Sonny reappearing at the Floating Rib can be explained that Dev died before the ambulance left the scene.  Happy trails Dev....we barely knew you!!!!

• Love 3

Hey, any chance that Lulu will flip out and attempt to kill Cyrus, thus ending up in jail for "X" number of years?  They wouldn't need to kill her to write her character out.

I'm confused about Jason.   Did he suddenly stop the pool mid-game and take Danny to the Q's, forgetting D's hat?  Since there wasn't a speck of dirt on him, I assume he left before the explosion.

I wonder if Dev will get the howling and wailing that Mike got.  Or if Sonny will buy him a memorial horse.

Kudos to Dustin for hanging onto that engagement ring throughout an explosion, transport to the ER, and in the trauma room, where he expires.  Good grip, dude.  I'm almost sorry for yelling at Dante, "Pull the plug, pull the plug!".  Almost.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

It was a pretty good post-disaster episode. But could it have been more of a microcosm of the show? Kelly Monaco confusing "frantic/concerned" with "obnoxious/shrill" at every opportunity. Laura and Mac reacting to Dev's death with the equivalent of "Ah, what a shame," and then barely taking a breath in before Laura jumps to "BUT WHAT ABOUT JASON?" (That was like meta-commentary on this show's inability to nurture a younger generation.) The Dev-corpse isn't even cold yet, and Sonny already is getting propped up by Carly for giving Dev the wind beneath his wings. I don't think anyone was concerned about Liz all episode. She just got up and around and went into caretaker mode. By the time they got to the hospital scenes, I wouldn't even have known Liz had been at the Floating Rib.  

But I'm totally on board with making my main concern how Sonny handles all this. I'm sure it will bring back memories of Stone and Morgan, those two other beautiful young men he could not save. Also, when it comes out that a mob rival is responsible for the explosion, that might bring Lily and their unborn child into it. He'll need so much support. And what about Josslyn? She's just now getting back to some semblance of a normal life after losing the love of her life, Oscar. I hope Sonny and Josslyn have an entire episode that's just the two of them talking about their pain. That would be swell.  

Carolyn Hennesy for MVP. I legit welled up a little bit. I'm glad the writers remembered the "Litigator of the Year" episode. The cuts back to the site of Alexis's stupid half-assed intervention really should have been dead spots with everything else going on, but they weren't, because once Sam was gone, the only bad acting was from Haley Pullos.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm confused about Jason.   Did he suddenly stop the pool mid-game and take Danny to the Q's, forgetting D's hat?  Since there wasn't a speck of dirt on him, I assume he left before the explosion.

He left the pool mid-game and decided to ignore all the calls he was getting from his clingy best friend and his hopeless girlfriend. His son too. That apple didn't fall far from the stump.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Something like this. They definitely left before the explosion. What I don't get is why neither Jason nor Danny answered their phones. What a stupid plot point. Sam was frantically calling them both. It really makes Jason look terrible. He was in no danger whatsoever and can't be bothered to see what his wife wants? I wish Sam would ream him out for that, but of course she won't. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know who's going to be super sad the Floating Rib has been destroyed...

I wonder if they'll rebuild. The show needs a dive-y place with good ribs. Charlie's isn't that, and given that Julian isn't long for the show, I can't see them keeping that set around.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

once Sam was gone, the only bad acting was from Haley Pullos.

I thought she did a decent job, actually. It helps that she doesn't automatically start yelling at Alexis the way Sam always does.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First off, thank god St. Sonny was around to help the EMT’s and demand to know what Julian was doing there. STFU Sonny!

Of course, show has Carly seeing Jason first. WTF was that? That shows where Sam really stacks up on the totem pole. I knew it was true but today they didn’t even hide. It’s Sonny, Carly and then way in the back is Sam. Hysterical!

Dev and Dustin. Not a good day for people with a D in their name. They didn’t really add much anyway. Although, I was thrown off because Emme Rylan was fine. She even looked good with her big hair after the explosion. Usually, her hair is always flat. Now, I’m not sure how she’s being replaced, written off and/or replaced. It’s great seeing DZ. he’s just so anti soap that he makes the show more interesting. So everyone is accounted for and Julian will still feel guilty even though Danny is alive. Of course, his target Jason is, too. Somebody ain’t going to be happy about that.

I’m glad my theory (as others) 40 year old story being about David Hamilton. I was hoping they would have shown the scene where David Hamilton ripped up Laura’s love letters in her face. I saw it when it originally aired. The show was soooooo good then.  I can’t believe how long ago that was. I’m 56 now and I remember it very clearly. 

I, too, watched Laura shove David Hamilton live - shocked we didn't get a flashback!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Hey, any chance that Lulu will flip out and attempt to kill Cyrus, thus ending up in jail for "X" number of years?  They wouldn't need to kill her to write her character out.

I highly doubt her exit has anything to do with Cyrus. I am sort of assuming she will collapse with a brain bleed or other internal injury and then be in a coma (think tween Michael getting shot in the head) sometime between today and the middle of next week. There's been too much emphasis on "you need to get checked by a doctor"  "I'm fine; I just hit my head"  "I'm still waiting to be seen" for that to not be the logical next plot point.

No, Jason and Danny had stopped playing pool because Laura wanted to talk to him outside. Their last scene inside the FR was Danny bragging that he wanted Jason to see how great he is at the [insert arcade game name] now after playing it with Cam and Dev watching him for the last however many minutes. Since Jason just returned to the FR, I guess the explanation will be he told Danny they had to go,  he took Danny to the Qs, and then he was just returning for whatever "meeting" trap where he was supposed to get blown up by that bomb.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It was a pretty good post-disaster episode. But could it have been more of a microcosm of the show? Kelly Monaco confusing "frantic/concerned" with "obnoxious/shrill" at every opportunity. Laura and Mac reacting to Dev's death with the equivalent of "Ah, what a shame," and then barely taking a breath in before Laura jumps to "BUT WHAT ABOUT JASON?" (That was like meta-commentary on this show's inability to nurture a younger generation.) The Dev-corpse isn't even cold yet, and Sonny already is getting propped up by Carly for giving Dev the wind beneath his wings. I don't think anyone was concerned about Liz all episode. She just got up and around and went into caretaker mode. By the time they got to the hospital scenes, I wouldn't even have known Liz had been at the Floating Rib.  

But I'm totally on board with making my main concern how Sonny handles all this. I'm sure it will bring back memories of Stone and Morgan, those two other beautiful young men he could not save. Also, when it comes out that a mob rival is responsible for the explosion, that might bring Lily and their unborn child into it. He'll need so much support. And what about Josslyn? She's just now getting back to some semblance of a normal life after losing the love of her life, Oscar. I hope Sonny and Josslyn have an entire episode that's just the two of them talking about their pain. That would be swell.  

Carolyn Hennesy for MVP. I legit welled up a little bit. I'm glad the writers remembered the "Litigator of the Year" episode. The cuts back to the site of Alexis's stupid half-assed intervention really should have been dead spots with everything else going on, but they weren't, because once Sam was gone, the only bad acting was from Haley Pullos.

Kelly cannot play anything without smug at this point.  She's just down right horrible and it feels like HP is copying her in looks and acting.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, ciarra said:

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Something like this. They definitely left before the explosion. What I don't get is why neither Jason nor Danny answered their phones. What a stupid plot point. Sam was frantically calling them both. It really makes Jason look terrible. He was in no danger whatsoever and can't be bothered to see what his wife wants?

Jaysus left to meet with Laura, but then he came back. I'm too lazy to go back and see if he and Danny left again. But that Danny wouldn't want to go back and get his cap? Please.

And Jaysus looked happier to see the SheBeast and didn't walk toward Sam, his ex-wife/lover/whatever, but she had to run toward him, and he was like, eh. Seriously. These hacks demonized Dolores for doing her damned job, tried to have Jar-Jar Binks find dirt on her; had Jaysus and Sam sneaking around to be together, and when Valentin makes that happen, Jaysus couldn't care less. I think that accident bobbled his brain. Not that I care about any of them. I stopped giving any good damns about Jason twice-when reamed Robin for leaving baby Michael with AJ, which ultimately led to their break up again, and when, and yes, I admit it, he didn't follow through to be with Elizabeth because that red-headed demon spawn Michael had been shot in the head. After that, he was dead to me; I only really cared when he was in scenes with Robin during her sporadic returns, because Burton really lights up around her. That last scene of them both talking about Patrick and Sam and then Jason saying let's never talk about it again, I'm buying lunch will NEVER NOT be funny. 

Other than that? Jaysus can just go away, I have no use for him otherwise.

7 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I, too, watched Laura shove David Hamilton live - shocked we didn't get a flashback!

I didn't start watching until I saw Luke and Laura dancing in that store, so I missed a lot of the earlier stuff. And I wish I could find a clip of that scene of Laura shoving David Hamilton, since the show didn't bother to give us a flashback, like they do for all other useless scenes. But I couldn't find it. BAH!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Jason cooly walking up to an exploded Floating Rib like its a minor fender bender because PSYCH! He and Danny weren't even inside! What a twist! You're flaming garbage, show. I can't believe on Friday I was excited to see how all this played out. I know better! One episode of resolution at the site itself. Nobody trapped. Danny's just a forgetful kid who left his hat behind. They kill off another teen and its met with a resounding shrug. Gross. Sonny doesn't go with him and make any arrangements for Dev, who he took in the last two years and cared so much about. I guess that's the treatment dollar store Stone gets. I was no Dev fan but c'mon. And poor Dustin. What was a thankless exit. Kudos to ER for her performance. Even Genie was getting choked up watching her.

I legit loved Alexis' monologue about knowing this day would come. About who Jason is and what it means for Danny. NLG nailed it, no surprise there, and it was some rarely uttered words of truth that will go absolutely nowhere. Sigh.

• Love 12

Okay . . . does Julian not have access to a car? Why does he need Ava's help right now to "disappear?" Why does he keep bothering her w/all his problems! If it's really bad, steal a car and start driving! Leave town! I don't understand the writing for him at all. He used to be a mob boss but has no connections, no money. He can't do anything. They have made him so pathetic. It's ridiculous! Julian should have taken Nikolas up on his offer to make him disappear weeks ago! 

And I can't say I'm surprised Lulu passed out. I knew that was going to happen because she refused to get checked out. 

I liked the game Valentin played w/Alexis. 

Sam and Jason - why did she ask where Jason was? Umm . . . he's probably handling mob business, Sam! You just saw him and should know that. 

• Love 4

I guess that was the final scene for Maxie and Lulu speaking to each other; beautifully acted by both ladies esp. KSt.   This was a terrific scene for Maxie. 

Lulu mouthing ILY to Dante as she collapsed in his arms in the chapel was a very soapy goodbye.  Where did Laura go?!?!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mac's "I give no fucks about whatever you want" tone in reaction to Sonny coming to him for answers. I so wanted Mac to say "I can see how devastated you are" in reaction to Sonny's "I lost someone here."

Also enjoyed the Alexis-Valentin game. Twisted and creative. Great parting line from Valentin, showing he doesn't want nor care about Sam's gratitude.

Sam being so pissed that Jason isn't going home with her because he has an important business thing to take care of almost made me laugh out loud. So did the split-second "he was a good kid" acknowledgment of Dev's death. So, Britt calling Jason is what saved his life.  Not one word about the drugs in the hospital - she's just wants to spill all the dirt to the two of them about Julian to save Brad? Without asking Brad first if he's okay with it ... of course.

Ava's horror and anger at Julian spilling his guts to her was also really well done.

So are Cyrus and Sonny both now in a competition to see who gets to kill Julian first? 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, lala2 said:

why did she ask where Jason was? Umm . . . he's probably handling mob business, Sam! You just saw him and should know that. 

Right?  Clingy McClingerson, he said he was going to deal with stuff and it's only been a few minutes later.  Calm down with that nonsense.  

11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I liked the game Valentin played w/Alexis. 

Best part of the episode!!  Valentin's "I'll see you working as a butler for the Qs and raise you a giving a baby to Faison to raise"  Followed by Alexis' "I'll raise you, the man that I loved holding a knife to my throat" and Valentin's "you win that one".  

13 minutes ago, lala2 said:

does Julian not have access to a car?

So much this.  As soon as he heard that Danny was alright he should have been halfway to Mexico.  At this point, it's hard to say who will get to him first, Cyrus or Sonny or Ava will get tired of his whiny pants and dump him in the river herself.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm too lazy to go back and see if he and Danny left again.

We didn't see them leave onscreen.  When Cam came to, he immediately asked about Dev and Danny, so Danny would have still been there right before the explosion otherwise why would Cam have asked about him if he'd left much earlier?  

Jason today said he dropped Danny off at the Qs,  then went to meet with Britt who told him about the brad/Julian connection, and then his phone was dead so when he recharged it, got the notifications that the Rib had blown up and headed back to the scene.  That would mean a lot of time had passed but GH is always messing with timelines.   

18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Lulu passed out. I knew that was going to happen because she refused to get checked out. 

Technically, she didn't refuse to be checked out.  When Maxie was with her, she was sitting in a cublicle waiting to be checked out but everyone seemed to be ignoring her for the more serious cases.  She came in on her own steam, so she was made to wait.  Portia seemed frazzled when Cyrus wanted to talk to her and said she was dealing with serious cases.  I guess since she was waiting anywya, Lulu figured she'd meet with Dante in the chapel. and that was enough to trigger whatever happened.  I blame the doctors.....and Sonny!!!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So did the split-second "he was a good kid" acknowledgment of Dev's death. 

IDK, is it because of the pandemic in RL but the writing and acting was terrible. Oh Dev is dead? oh well , too bad.  Oh Dustin is dead? Just think Lulu , now you can tell Dante that you love him!! It was just the weirdest multiple death event.  Lulu rightly seemed upset  about Dustin but I guess everyone else was so relieved Jason was alive (RME) that is all they could think about,

ETA:  Mac saying that they fixed the wiring so that couldn't be the cause of the explosion  hahaha!

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

IDK, is it because of the pandemic in RL but the writing and acting was terrible. Oh Dev is dead? oh well , too bad.  Oh Dustin is dead? Just think Lulu , now you can tell Dante that you love him!! It was just the weirdest multiple death event.  Lulu rightly seemed about but I guess everyone else was so relieved Jason was alive (RME) that is all they could think about,

ETA:  Mac saying that they fixed the wiring so that couldn't be the cause of the explosion  hahaha!

All the performances at the bar itself have been bad.  The stuff with Val/Alexis wasn't bad and some of the stuff at the hospital, but the manic floating rib scenes were all big passes for me.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

*sigh* Oh, Julian. Grab as much cash as you can, destroy your cell phone, get in your car, dump your car, get a new car, and vanish.

Julian is going to die crying and begging for his life, isn't he? He has been begging for his children to love him, he has been begging to be around his grandkids, he has been begging his sister to save his life. So him begging as he dies would be on par. What a thankless exit.

Sam is very clingy these days. I wonder if it's because of the mob war that's brewing and it's bringing up some unresolved issues with Jason's "death." This shit show better be going somewhere.

I thought Brando's reaction to Dev's death more real than Sonny's or Carly's. 

I liked Valentin and Alexis's game and their general interaction. I hope there's more of them hanging out. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Hater said:

The stuff with Val/Alexis wasn't bad a

yes that was good and fun, sort of like the writers told NLG and "Valentine" that they could just make the scene up themselves. It was THAT good, I don't believe a GH writer wrote it.  The  hospital stuff was bad I thought. Carly and Sonny with their gross smirks while talking about Dev. (and I usually like LW)

• Love 9

I can't help but notice that Britt is a prime example of what a morally grey character should be. Lots of people don't like her, but she helps the people she cares about. 

She doesn't need endless people telling her she's wonderful and does good things like ( ahem) certain mobsters. 

The show can write grey characters without propping.. they just choose not to.

• Love 16

I'm even more convinced as of today that they're about to split up Jasam. And I have a theory that Jason possibly killing Julian (or even if Sonny does it himself), is gonna be the thing that puts the nail in the coffin. It'll be SO out of character to have Sam even care at this point, but I bet the writers will write her being conflicted over Julian's possible death.

Edited by teenj12
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Blackie said:

IDK, is it because of the pandemic in RL but the writing and acting was terrible. Oh Dev is dead? oh well , too bad.  Oh Dustin is dead? Just think Lulu , now you can tell Dante that you love him!! It was just the weirdest multiple death event.  Lulu rightly seemed upset  about Dustin but I guess everyone else was so relieved Jason was alive (RME) that is all they could think about,

I give Laura and Mac a pass on their reactions; they knew who Dev was and I believe Laura met him a couple times because of Cam, but they didn't know him.  Laura has known Jason's adoptive mom Monica Quartermaine for decades and Laura considers Jake to be one of her grandkids; Jason is Jake's father and Danny is Jake's brother (not that it was mentioned). 

I didn't interpret Maxie's advice as "forget Dustin; go tell Dante you love him." Maxie was recently talking to Peter about love and loss after being rescued from Alex. She doesn't want Lulu to have any regrets (although it doesn't hurt that she has a high opinion of Dante as her late husband's best friend). The "too bad" reaction from the awful foursome, but especially Sonny and Carly, is beyond callous and gross. There are moments when you would think a puppy they recently brought home for the kids got hit by a car and died. Also, Sonny, Dev did not "travel across the world to be a part of our family." He was asking for protection and money after fleeing a dangerous situation and figured he could get it from you. The only person in your family he knew about was Dante. It was your idea to make him "part of the family" to feel good about yourself.

5 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I can't help but notice that Britt is a prime example of what a morally grey character should be. Lots of people don't like her, but she helps the people she cares about. 

The problem is, she cares about sooo few people - Brad, her late brother's son James and I guess Maxie, and bratty, entitled Spencer? 

• Love 3
On 11/23/2020 at 12:46 PM, YaddaYadda said:

He deserves this mostly for saving Sonny two years ago. And the reaction to his death was so underwhelming. It felt like it was business as usual. I've felt more emotion breaking a plate than Sonny felt watching this 16 year old die in front of him. 

And now we will have the relentless Joss grief and self-flagellating at not returning his feelings and being an old meanie because she didn't like that he kissed or tried to kiss her without her consent. 

Also, Dustin's very wide eyes when he died were creepy. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be that wide when a person dies because the muscles relax or something.  

Thank God he saved Sonny 

• LOL 1

"Why would [Julian] just take off like that?" Maybe because he doesn't want or need you yelling at him, Sam.

20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked Valentin and Alexis's game and their general interaction. I hope there's more of them hanging out. 

Two pros doing what they do best.

"Dev didn't make it." At least Carly could muster a choked-up look. Sonny looked annoyed. The nerve of Dev to die and cause trouble for Sonny.

"I don't need your gratitude." That's how you deal with Sam. 

I'm surprised Sam didn't try to find Jason. She's that stupid.

Is it really a shock that the explosion was intentional? Oh, Mac. Why don't they make you a little smarter than this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Jaysus looked happier to see the SheBeast and didn't walk toward Sam, his wife, but she had to run toward him, and he was like, eh.

Did Jason and Sam ever actually get re-married? I thought they were still legally divorced, but got back together and he moved back in.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

And, the only thing I’ve seen online (and, the show) is the aftermath when Luke comes to the apartment. I can’t imagine that it was lost or destroyed (maybe) because I think it may have been the same episode or the day after. 

34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did Jason and Sam ever actually get re-married? I thought they were still legally divorced,

Were they legally divorced?  Weren't they married when he "died" which makes them still legally married and her marriage to Drew void?

4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Were they legally divorced?  Weren't they married when he "died" which makes them still legally married and her marriage to Drew void?

Didn't they get divorced after Franco kidnapped her and made them believe that he raped her and then Sam found that she was pregnant and Jason could not deal with Franco being the father.

4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Not if he was declared dead when he “died.” But this is a soap, so she was free to marry Drew. Otherwise she and Jaysus wouldn’t have been told to stay apart if her marriage to him was still valid.

2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Didn't they get divorced after Franco kidnapped her and made them believe that he raped her and then Sam found that she was pregnant and Jason could not deal with Franco being the father.

No.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

Lulu looked pretty with her new dusty hair color.

Is that all it was ?  It looked pretty dark on my TV. Almost like ER hadn't been able to get to the salon. But it looked blond as normal before the explosion. 

• Love 1

Did anyone else catch the uniform cop calling Mac ‘commissioner’?

sonny continues to annoy me. ‘Dev didn’t make it.’ Really? Not ‘Dev died en route.’ No tears. Not even a choked sob. Just a simple statement of fact. Oh well, too bad. As someone said upthread, Brando was more upset than Sonny, and he knew Dev the least!

Sam, Sam, Sam. You should know by now that you’re the last person Jason thinks about. Sonny and Carly and their family will ALWAYS take precedence over you. I don’t blame her for being pissed that he wouldn’t go home with her but I can’t be sympathetic because there are never any consequences. She just blindly accepts his explanations without question. If she really wants change, she needs to stand up for hers and demand it. It won’t get her anywhere, but at least she would have some self respect.

Weren’t cam, Dev and Danny still playing the video game when the bomb went off? Or just before? There’s no way Jason had enough time to come back inside, get Danny, take him to the Q’ and get to the hospital ‘well before’ the bomb blew.. but of course neither one of them was near the explosion. We mustn’t have our ‘hero’ get a boo boo. 🙄

julian, leave Ava alone already! She offered to get you out of town. Nikolas offered to get you out of town. You turned them both down and stayed in PC to do Cyrus’ bidding. Either leave now or face the consequences. But please stop whining already!

I loved the look on Cyrus’ face when he saw Jason at the hospital lol! But seriously, how was Julian supposed to ensure that Jason stayed at the Rib? His job was just to plant the bomb.

I do hope Lulu doesn’t die, not because I have any use for the character these days but Laura shouldn’t have to bury her child. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes, they were legally divorced. I remember they made a point of the legalities because once she and Jason were officially divorced and she married Drew, she was proudly talking about/showing Drew her official name change to "Samantha Cain."  She and Drew legally divorced before BM left the show.

6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Weren’t cam, Dev and Danny still playing the video game when the bomb went off? Or just before? There’s no way Jason had enough time to come back inside, get Danny, take him to the Q’ and get to the hospital ‘well

No. Franco and Elizabeth arrived, so Cam was talking to them right by the bar at the same time Danny was supposedly coaxing Jason toward the back to show off his awesome video game playing skills.  Dev went to sit at a table, and he felt the bag with the bomb at his feet. He looked under the table to see what it was, alerted the bartender about it ... then BOOM.

14 minutes ago, Benji said:

Is that all it was ?  It looked pretty dark on my TV. Almost like ER hadn't been able to get to the salon. But it looked blond as normal before the explosion. 

Yes, her hair was supposed to have dirt and dust in it from the explosion, since she was under a beam on the ground and surrounded by debris when she woke up.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Franco and Elizabeth arrived, so Cam was talking to them right by the bar at the same time Danny was supposedly coaxing Jason toward the back to show off his awesome video game playing skills.  Dev went to sit at a table, and he felt the bag with the bomb at his feet. He looked under the table to see what it was, alerted the bartender about it ... then BOOM.

Ah okay.I somehow missed most of that. I remember seeing Dev find the bag but nothing else.

30 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I do hope Lulu doesn’t die, not because I have any use for the character these days but Laura shouldn’t have to bury her child. 

For real. Can Laura have just one child she doesn't need to mourn and bury? (whether they come back from the "dead" or not)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

This reminded me of another fave of mine, one Kimberly Andrews from OLTL.  Kim didn't care about many people - her best friend Stacy, and then her cowboy Clint - but she was extremely loyal and would go to any length she had to for those people.  I like that quality in Britt too, so yeah, I liked her selling out Julian in that moment for that reason (although...did I miss the scene with Sonny/Jason where they spell out that quid pro quo, as Britt later says to Brad?).

Hey, they remembered Lucas (who?) and Brad were a thing!  But I'm sorry, nothing about this new dude reads as Lucas to me.  Maybe that'll fade over time, but yeah, not feeling it atm.  Also, it made me roll my eyes that Brad feared Lucas being upset with him if Sonny killed Julian instead of being upset with, you know, Sonny himself.

And there's the delayed injury for Lulu.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

did I miss the scene with Sonny/Jason where they spell out that quid pro quo, as Britt later says to Brad?

No, we never saw it. I guess we take Britt's word for it, though Sonny would sell her out in a heartbeat if he needed to.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No, we never saw it. I guess we take Britt's word for it, though Sonny would sell her out in a heartbeat if he needed to.

Maybe when Jason spoke to Britt earlier, they came to an agreement. When Jason saw Julian at the Floating Rib after the explosion, he gave him a bigger stink eye than ever.

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mac's "I give no fucks about whatever you want" tone in reaction to Sonny coming to him for answers. I so wanted Mac to say "I can see how devastated you are" in reaction to Sonny's "I lost someone here."

Also enjoyed the Alexis-Valentin game. Twisted and creative. Great parting line from Valentin, showing he doesn't want nor care about Sam's gratitude.

The look of utter contempt on Mac's face towards Sonny was *chef's kiss.*  At least one person who doesn't even melt and bow down when Sonny swans in demanding attention/answers. 

Add me to the chorus of how obnoxious it is that everyone is saying "Dev didn't make it" with about as much passion as one gets filling out a job application. 

Alexis and Valentin were the definite high point of the show.  Until Surly Sam came back and acted like they were both shit on the bottom of her shoe.  I couldn't love Valentin's IDGAF what you think attitude towards her more, because it took the piss out of her (at least I think it did--that sour look on her face is always in place).

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Did anyone else catch the uniform cop calling Mac ‘commissioner’?

I did! Maybe useless Jordan put him in charge while she’s on “medical leave” to keep Cyrus in the dark.

I loved the game Alexis and Valentin were playing!!!

So apparently Lulu loses her voice before she passes out when she tells Dante that she loves him.🙄🙄

Speaking of Dante—BOO! that the explosion didn’t wipe out his brainwashing. But I did so looooove the shade he threw at Heinrik when he said it seems like only good people get hurt, while the bad guys always escape easily.

And I 😆😆 at Mac’s contemptuous expression as Mooby tried to tell him he expected Mac to provide him with updates in the investigation.

Sam is just the WORST.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5