Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Why was Peter the only one doing a British accent? It made me think of the Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel are doing the Latin American version of a play and Ricky enters all “Pip! Pip! Cheerio!”

And: TRACEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Also, how is it that Tristin Rogers can even look good in pork chop side burns? Is there anything he can’t do? LOL!!!!!!

No! And I loved that in the "Present" Anna was with Robert, even if she was Belle, who suddenly years later had a British Accent!

While they had the skins and bones of the original story thrown together here, they really were lazy as fuck about it. Fred was supposed to invite Scrooge to Christmas Dinner; not just try to wish him one. Curtis' character (whose name is escaping me) should have been with a compatriot, yet he was alone, and of course I guess they couldn't think of which cast members to throw in as the other couple so they had him and Jordan. Cratchit had FOUR children, not two. Just because they had Becky/Liz playing Mrs. Cratchit, didn't mean that they should only show two of the three kids she has. They had two sons and two daughters--well, according to Mickey's Christmas Carol, and the animated Christmas Carol I caught on Amazon Prime over the weekend. And of course some lines from the actual story. The less said about Joss as the Ghost of Christmas Past, the better. I did love the twist of Tracy playing Marley, though.

BAH! HUMBUG!

Easton really was horrible and cringey as Scrooge. But better him than Mooby, I guess? Has Finn always been a Scrooge? I think this is the first show I've watched since he appeared as Finn.

Monica was just HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE at reading this story. Steve and Alan were sooooo much better. I can't remember, did Edward also read this for the kids? Monica just read it with such inappropriate glee.

• Love 2

I greet any soap episode like this one with a small groan. They just aren't my thing, these stand-alone whimsical holiday episodes, fan-fantasy episodes, dream episodes. It did look better than it might have as production design, but there was not one scene I enjoyed, and it had nothing to do with anything I thought I understood about Finn. Easton might as well have become the central actor in it by having his name drawn out of a hat.

Admittedly, many soap episodes could be called "time-wasting," in that they don't move things forward appreciably, but at least there's a chance of some kind of progress in the stories. 

I'm surprised it's as well received as it is on certain sites that are full of people who want exactly what the show wants them to want (Michael reunited with his son [and Sonny getting to hold his latest grandchild], Sam getting out of prison, Julian's latest nefariousness uncovered and punished). I thought they would be even less patient with it than I was.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

ETA I don't think ME has been nominated for playing Finn ? I thought his last nom was for Silas ? But I wouldn't know for sure, I haven't kept track of awards like that in years. (I actually remember more Tony noms in the past five years than anything movies or TV). Either way,  I'll take ME over SBu, KMo, MB, and several others on this show. At least with ME, I feel an earnestness and a care that I have never gotten from those three. I think MB used to care, but SBu and KMo ? Nah, I've always gotten the "this is just a paycheck" vibe from them. Which is why their popularities separately and together have always taken me aback. I'll never understand it.

His nomination was last year, which explains why Frank was so hyping it in the promo. So yes, it definitely was for Finn. And while I agree those you mentioned suck in the acting department, so does ME.

8 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I greet any soap episode like this one with a small groan. They just aren't my thing, these stand-alone whimsical holiday episodes, fan-fantasy episodes, dream episodes. It did look better than it might have as production design, but there was not one scene I enjoyed, and it had nothing to do with anything I thought I understood about Finn. Easton might as well have become the central actor in it by having his name drawn out of a hat.

Admittedly, many soap episodes could be called "time-wasting," in that they don't move things forward appreciably, but at least there's a chance of some kind of progress in the stories. 

I'm surprised it's as well received as it is on certain sites that are full of people who want exactly what the show wants them to want (Michael reunited with his son [and Sonny getting to hold his latest grandchild], Sam getting out of prison, Julian's latest nefariousness uncovered and punished). I thought they would be even less patient with it than I was.

Twitter is gobbling it up like it's the last bit of turkey on Thanksgiving. I haven't read hardly any negativity about it whatsoever. Definitely the best thing about it seems like the costumes and production design (I haven't watched it and don't really plan to.) But it's weird reading even people who always complain about the show in general (and those who think the Trio of Suck + 1 need to go) are praising it.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Jane is a shining star

Boy I didn't realize how much I missed her.  What a Christmas gift!  When's the last time someone threw Michael Quartermaine some shade? And that grin on Ned's face afterwards - Good Times!

10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Tracy and Finn will apparently always make me smile.

Finn had as much chemistry in that welcome back hug with Tracy than he has ever had with Anna.  Even a blind man can see that Anna and Robert belong together.

Merry Christmas to y'all (even to Maurice).  Enjoy but remember to pace⚠️

• Love 6

I thought the episode was fine.  Nothing great, but not awful, either.  Could have done without the odd sandwiching of Joss as one of the ghosts, but whatever.  Also, it was so great to see Tracy.  Echoing what's already been said multiple times, but Jane Elliott looks a-freakin-mazing.  I'll take as much of her as she's willing to give.  Also, still really like her and Finn's friendship.  It feels real.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

His nomination was last year, which explains why Frank was so hyping it in the promo. So yes, it definitely was for Finn. And while I agree those you mentioned suck in the acting department, so does ME.

I think he did a decent acting job as Scrooge, myself.  

I also thought the period costumes looked good, I wonder if it set them back too much on their budget ?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sorry, Michael Easton, I only need one soap star as Scrooge and that's one Susan Lucci in "Ebbie".

But I didn't realize this was airing out of order so, poof, Tracy and her stylin' new mane are just there?  Weird.

That was really jarring to me since I didn't know they were airing shows out of order. I couldn't believe there was no fanfare for Tracy's return. I actually thought it was a bit insulting, but now I feel better.

14 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Finn had as much chemistry in that welcome back hug with Tracy than he has ever had with Anna.  Even a blind man can see that Anna and Robert belong together.

Finn is another example of a character who is fine without a pairing, IMO. If they had to pair him up,  I will never understand the Fanna pairing. They both look bored. I'd rather a Hayden/Finn/Liz triangle, if you had to involve him in any kind of romance, if I'm being honest. 

16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, still really like her and Finn's friendship.  It feels real.

That's IT. ITA. There's nothing forced about it. I understand why they are friends and how they got that way and why they remain friends. And the chemistry is natural. The two actors adore each other offscreen, or it's the best acting Easton has ever done.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'd rather a Hayden/Finn/Liz triangle, if you had to involve him in any kind of romance, if I'm being honest. 

Ew, no. We don't need two sisters fighting over the same guy. One who's certainly not worth it, IMO. Zero sex appeal whatsoever and morose, boring personality. And a guy at the center of a triangle usually makes both women look bad.

I will never get the adoration for this character period. @Bawoman where are you? Come in here and back me up lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Ew, no. We don't need two sisters fighting over the same guy. One who's certainly not worth it, IMO. Zero sex appeal whatsoever and morose, boring personality. And a guy at the center of a triangle usually makes both women look bad.

I will never get the adoration for this character period. @Bawoman where are you? Come in here and back me up lol.

LOL well, I find Finn to be the most tolerable out of the (three ? four ? five ? IDEK) characters he's played on GH. It really rankled me honestly, that Steve Burton said something about bringing John McBain back. Yeah, because McBain and Jason interacted, so it's really all about Steve wanting more to do.

Sit down, Burton. 

Finn actually at least has some kind of personality. I never got anything but chronic constipation from either Silas or McBain. And the biggest reason for him to remain as Finn ? They'll likely never pair him with Sam McCall. THAT, my friends, is what is known as the icing on the cake.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Twitter is gobbling it up like it's the last bit of turkey on Thanksgiving. I haven't read hardly any negativity about it whatsoever. Definitely the best thing about it seems like the costumes and production design (I haven't watched it and don't really plan to.) But it's weird reading even people who always complain about the show in general (and those who think the Trio of Suck + 1 need to go) are praising it.

That's probably why it was well received for the most part because they were nowhere in sight.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

That's probably why it was well received for the most part because they were nowhere in sight.

There are no small victories. I do find it odd that at least LW wasn't in the episode, since Carly and Finn were friends when he first came to town. And I think LW would have been lovely as one of the ghosts.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Finn is another example of a character who is fine without a pairing, IMO. If they had to pair him up,  I will never understand the Fanna pairing. They both look bored. I'd rather a Hayden/Finn/Liz triangle, if you had to involve him in any kind of romance, if I'm being honest.

I don't want any triangle with Michael Easton as its center, I'm still recovering from the years of the John McBain traingle template on OLTL that chewed up Natalie, Evangeline, Blair, Marty, Kelly, and even got its teeth into Tea right at the end.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

So nice to see Dante & Nathan again. I didn’t know it was gonna be a rerun-rerun. It’s funny to see all the actresses and their ever changing hair. I forget when this episode first aired but the actresses hair seem dated already. LOL!!! Did I mention HOT Nathan was on.

• Love 1

I agree, nice to see Nathan (who is now starring in like half the Hallmark movies aired nowadays, good for him getting so much work).  Ava had long hair!  I forgot about that.  Laura had a nice blowout for her wedding to Kevin.

Speaking of hair, loved seeing Tracey rocking the silver hair on Monday’s episode.  She looks fabulous, as did Ava in the Grim Reaper cloak and fierce red lip.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

LOL well, I find Finn to be the most tolerable out of the (three ? four ? five ? IDEK) characters he's played on GH. It really rankled me honestly, that Steve Burton said something about bringing John McBain back. Yeah, because McBain and Jason interacted, so it's really all about Steve wanting more to do.

Have to disagree. I think McBain much more fits Easton's limited acting abilities than Silas or Finn. And I never listen to anything Steve Burton has to say.

11 hours ago, Hater said:

Agreed, but they hate everything about the show also, so it was a still a bit of a surprise.

Tuned in for a little bit today, and it just reminded me how bad I miss Vinessa as Jordan.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought the episode was fine.  Nothing great, but not awful, either. 

I liked it pretty well, although the Christmas Carol part was so truncated that it came off more as  "A Christmas Carol's Greatest Hits" than anything else.  If they were going to do something like this, they should have stretched it out over at least 3 episodes.

• Love 4

I really liked the look of the Christmas Carol episode but throughout I was thinking that the language and the story was a bit much for young kids like Violet. Plus Monica's storytelling skills were not strong. It was a good effort overall and a nice change from endless tales of Sonny's pain, Nik's severe lack of strategic skills, and endless baby drama.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

• Love 2
On 12/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, tvgoddess said:

Tuned in for a little bit today, and it just reminded me how bad I miss Vinessa as Jordan.

I've never cared for the character of Jordan (my bitterness that she replaced Anna as Commissioner and it turned out she had her OWN baggage to rival Anna's and did a worse job as Commissioner), but I agree. This new Jordan doesn't have the edge or personality that Vinessa's Jordan did. Just as Emma is a pale pale shadow of Lulu. Julie gave her an edge that anyone who met her would know she was the daughter of Luke and Laura Spencer.

I must have just gone to the barge when that Christmas episode after Jason returned aired. I think I left shortly after his reunion with Robin. Anyhoo, while I fast forwarded all scenes of the Trinity of SUCK, I watched about one minute, and I was 😡😡😡 at the more revisionist history BULLSHIT. Apparently, when they killed off AJ, they also gave that Stupid Little Shit amnesia. Because I KNOW that AJ TOLD him how Mooby stuck him on a MEATHOOK and FORCED HIM TO GIVE UP HIS RIGHTS TO HIS CHILD. It was that revelation allowed us to see him turn on these two narcissistic assholes for a few months. But nooo. Now we have the SheBeast AGAIN "explaining" with those croc tears, how she "lied" and "decided" to marry AJ, blah, blah, blah. And the WORST, how Mooby said that AJ had committed some crimes, and because of that, he "took" the Stupid Little Shit.

And NO, YOU FUCKING BLOODSUCKING SHEBEAST and )&%()*&%(^&_$(^_$@(*^$)^t&_@$(^* (these are phrases I'm not allowed to use here) AJ DID NOT PUSH YOU DOWN THE STAIRS, you FUCKING LIAR!!! Your selfish, narcissistic ASS FELL when you pulled away from him after taunting him.

But let the SheBeast shed some more crocodile tears and blame it on her and AJ having a "toxic" relationship.

giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif

And Laura/Genie looked GORGEOUS! She definitely needs to keep that layered hair style! And I am very bitter that the asshats couldn't find some way to keep Leslie and bring her back into the hospital scenes. Her face actually moves more than Monica and Bobbie's and she can EMOTE. I remember she was a helluva doctor.  But at least she's happy with Marco.

DANTE!!!!!

Don't give any fiddedity fucks about Nathan. And like, Detectives DON'T do anything about road disasters/inclement weather, unless there was MURDER involved. That's what the UNIFORM cops are for.

And bitter, bitter, bitter, that they couldn't have Lucky* come to the wedding.

*LALALALALALALALALAAAAAA Idon'twannahearanylogicalreasonwhyJJcouldn'tshowup.LALALALALALALALALALALAALALAAAAA!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I am very bitter that the asshats couldn't find some way to keep Leslie and bring her back into the hospital scenes.

Hasn't Denise Alexander retired? I think she came back in that ep as a favor more than anything else. She's not very mobile—it was very hard to watch her and Leslie Charleson shuffle their way down the GH halls.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Hasn't Denise Alexander retired? I think she came back in that ep as a favor more than anything else. She's not very mobile—it was very hard to watch her and Leslie Charleson shuffle their way down the GH halls.

No clue. But that's sad to read (your last sentence) since I wasn't watching back then and didn't see that.

Sigh...

Well whatever contractors the Quartermaines hired to redo the entire house must be magical. Not only were they able to get everything done in less than a month (or less since the house didn't look like that after Thanksgiving) but they somehow moved and switched places for the front door and main stairway.

But blah with the grey paint. Is grey paint cheaper than any other color? More than blue, green, red, or yellow?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't get why Anna thought that Peter being at a place at the same time as the hired gun was proof of anything anyway.  Anna herself worked with Faison when Peter was a kid, so obviously she knew about him?  Like, I worked at the same walmart as a friend of mine for 2 years, at the same time, and we didn't find out until some time later.  And we knew each other, and hung out, but didn't know we worked at the same store.

And, even if Anna just feels like that means Peter is the bad guy, that is not PROOF!  Working for/being in proximity of the same bad guys at the same time is not actually PROOF that they even met, much less that Peter hired him.  It's laughable is what it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/23/2019 at 10:55 PM, mbluecpa said:

LWB/FS entered with his accent.

Putting that Juilliard training to use!

Kathleen Gati had the most fun, I think. She was great as the Ghost of Christmas Present.

They put some money into this episode.

Today's episode:

Julian is calling his ONS with Olivia rebound sex? It was hate sex, obviously.

"Drew was Jason's brother, and Jason will not rest until he finds out who this big bad is." Please, Maxie. Jason didn't care about Drew. And what was that about with Brook Lynne? Maxie hasn't stopped making stupid mistakes.

Anna and Finn lying to Violet that Hayden will be back soon was so wrong. They don't know anything of the sort.

Of course Sonny can't believe anyone else can have any sort of experience with Alzheimer's. He's such a jackass.

I loved Cam's exasperated "Really, Mom?" when Elizabeth took a picture of him as Santa's helper. Hee.

Not only was the Q mansion redecorated, the front door was moved. It used to be to the left of the staircase (which also seemed smaller) when you looked straight at it.

• Love 4

I thought the Christmas Carol episode was more fun than I expected from the previews. A church down the street does a celebrity reading of Christmas Carol every year to raise money for their settlement program so by now I know the lines pretty well. They did a fairly good job cutting it down except for some stupid updating.

I didn't mind it being about Finn because it wasn't about his personal life and regrets as the Mooby and Luke episodes had been.  And because while Easton isn't a great actor, he is good enough to be the centre of this episode. I was much more offended by his wig, which had grey streaks at the bottom and black at the top. Hair grows from the top down. Did Scrooge have grey hair that suddenly turned black three months ago?

The costumes were glorious.

What struck me most was the different quality of the acting because this required the actors to inhabit different characters from another country and another time period, rather than playing themselves i.e. to act. Some did, others failed. I'll use the names of the characters for simplicity.

The A team is Anna, Robert, Obrecht, Liz and the glorious Tracy.  Ned was pretty good too, he was well cast as Fizziwig. RoHo was decent as Bob Crachit, and Chase did a good young Scrooge.  Ava had little to do but she did it well.

B team , who were hit and miss,  is Peter, Willow, who was Willow instead of Belle. I'll put Cameron and Jake here too just because they're young and their roles were limited. Curtis was variable, some lines fit in, some he was a guy from 2019 USA. Brook Lynn did an okay job, as did Monica but I expected more from her.

C team is Michael. Chad Duell played Michael, not a young gentlemen from the 1800s. No wonder they don't change Michael, he's really limited to what they can write for him. Jordan was also a big meh, and Maxie was Maxie instead of a 19th century lady.

The worst for me was Joss, who played the Ghost of Christmas Past like a judgemental teenager.  GofCP should recreate happy times for Scrooge to show him how he's changed, not sit in judgement on him so early in the growth process.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not only was the Q mansion redecorated, the front door was moved. It used to be to the left of the staircase (which also seemed smaller) when you looked straight at it.

So annoying.  And now the place just looks like a cheaply made McMansion.  

Maxie falling off that high horse she's perched on when she finds out about Peter is going to be so satisfying.

• Love 11

I hate the Q's rennovation. It looks so sterile and cookie cutter. And how does that modern style in any way match the rest of the house? And having the entry on the other side... how is that even possible?! Plus, it freaks me out!  

Don't understand why Finn is not talking with Curtis or Jax or Liz or seeming to really give a rat's ass about Hayden's situation when she clearly indicated she was in trouble/danger. And how is it Anna's place to jump in and tell Violet that Hayden will be back "very soon" when Hayden could be dead for all they know. 

• Love 6

First the worst: WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE QUARTERMAINE MANSION???!!!!! (Sorry for the "yelling" All caps, but, my GOD!) What happened to the set that was a home and mostly unchanged for over 50 years?! FUCK YOU, FRANK!

Anna: I knew it. I knew it. MysonMysonMyson. Even if she finds the proof to connect Heinrik as being the guy who put a hit out on Andre, she'll rationalize and make excuses. She's found a connection. It may be a thin one right now, but this is a soap, so this connection should have her tell Robert ASAP, but we can't have that, because then Robert would be right. And according to Anna, Heinrik is just a poor, poor victim of Faison. BAH!

Just what the FUCK is Brook Lynn's problem? She's always in Julian's face, asking personal questions and insulting him to his face, when she doesn't know jack shit about the history. Then got her tail in a twist because he thought she was a hooker? Did I miss a line between her telling him he was an asshole gangster father and her being all sanctimonious and self-righteous?

• Love 1

I only saw a few minutes, but gee, Willow, don't go handing other people's babies to complete strangers.  Yes, if someone told me a story of how they held their dying infant in their arms,  I would absolutely feel sorry for them.  I'm not a cold-hearted monster.  But, people make things up.  Willow couldn't even be sure that Nelle was incapacitated.  She could have launched up and ran the second Willow handed him to her.  I'd think someone with cult experience would be a little more street-smart.

I wish Brad had been the one to go out instead of Michael.  Since he know the whole truth, it would have been nice to see him squirm some more.  He deserves every uncomfortable moment he has.  

• Love 2

I cringe when BrookLyn comes on just like I do when Sonny Carly Jason Lucy and Nell show up. I don't like her and no storyline or legacy background is going to change that.

Are these the same set designers that gave us the Corinthos kitchen with moss accessories that no one asked for? First do no harm people. The updated Quartermaine set is an atrocity. The change from classic to lite brite is too extreme.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just what the FUCK is Brook Lynn's problem? She's always in Julian's face, asking personal questions and insulting him to his face, when she doesn't know jack shit about the history. Then got her tail in a twist because he thought she was a hooker? Did I miss a line between her telling him he was an asshole gangster father and her being all sanctimonious and self-righteous?

Seconded.  After being mad at Jules for mistaking her for a hooker, why be friendly and share photos with him if you're just going to dredge it up again at the end of the conversation and be offended all over again?  And why be sweet to the other town gangster, Sonny, then flip out about Julian, who left the mob?

• Love 7

I want to like BL because I wanted more focus on the Qs but something about her rubs me the wrong way so far. I feel like all of her scenes have her arguing or being rude to someone. I’m hoping something changes now that Tracy is on but if this continues, her character might be a wash to me. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

And why be sweet to the other town gangster, Sonny, then flip out about Julian, who left the mob?

She feels peer pressure from everyone else in town to do so?

10 hours ago, threebluestars said:

So the Canadian channel is airing the Scrooge episode today - does that mean we'll finally be all synced up with the US airings again tomorrow?

I think so.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Julian is calling his ONS with Olivia rebound sex? It was hate sex, obviously.

I thought Brook Lynn was the one that called it that. Maybe I misheard or am not remembering.

6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Don't understand why Finn is not talking with Curtis or Jax or Liz or seeming to really give a rat's ass about Hayden's situation when she clearly indicated she was in trouble/danger. And how is it Anna's place to jump in and tell Violet that Hayden will be back "very soon" when Hayden could be dead for all they know. 

Thank you! He's being so damn passive aggressive and all, oh I don't know where she is or what happened. Well then, do something dumbass. You claim to love Violet so much, Hayden's her mother FCOL. You should be turning over stones to try and find her instead of sitting around and doing nothing.

Maxie is going to look so stupid when the truth about LWB/FS comes out. It's going to be awesome.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Putting that Juilliard training to use!

Parking lot Pete went to Juilliard.  That is impressive. 

7 hours ago, Katy M said:

, Willow, don't go handing other people's babies to complete strangers

She really should know better since Willow now works at the hospital. 

3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Hayden's her mother FCOL

Even this old fart didn't need to google that acronym.😃

9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I hate the Q's rennovation.

Show killed off 2 Quartermaines this year so I am somewhat glad that they are putting some type of energy into this family - instead of sticking a fork in it.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Seconded.  After being mad at Jules for mistaking her for a hooker, why be friendly and share photos with him if you're just going to dredge it up again at the end of the conversation and be offended all over again?  And why be sweet to the other town gangster, Sonny, then flip out about Julian, who left the mob?

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

She feels peer pressure from everyone else in town to do so?

Because Mooby is an "oooold childhood friend of her mama's from da old neighborhood." 🙄 No peer pressure involved whatsoever

3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Show killed off 2 Quartermaines this year so I am somewhat glad that they are putting some type of energy into this family - instead of sticking a fork in it.

What two Quartermaines? Drew is presumed dead. And what they did to the Quartermaine House set is NOT energy in any shape or form. It's hideous.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

as did Monica but I expected more from her

LC has gotten kind of one-note, I've found. When she was reading both stories, her tone was the same as when she tells Jason it's okay for Scout and Danny to stay overnight. 

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Maxie falling off that high horse she's perched on when she finds out about Peter is going to be so satisfying.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if she told everyone to get over it—Peter had to do what he did because of Helena.

11 hours ago, Katy M said:

Willow couldn't even be sure that Nelle was incapacitated.  She could have launched up and ran the second Willow handed him to her. 

That would have been hilariously soapy. Now I wish that had happened, and Michael was the one who tackled Nelle.

11 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'd think someone with cult experience would be a little more street-smart.

Willow admitted as much to Michael, and he brushed it off as saying that Nelle was good at what she does. 

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

And why be sweet to the other town gangster, Sonny, then flip out about Julian, who left the mob?

Because Sonny is the good, honorable gangster, of course, and Julian is just a common thug. Duh!

49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because Mooby is an "oooold childhood friend of her mama's from da old neighborhood." 🙄 No peer pressure involved whatsoever

What two Quartermaines? Drew is presumed dead. And what they did to the Quartermaine House set is NOT energy in any shape or form. It's hideous.

I guess Oscar.Haven't you heard from Joss. He died.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I guess Oscar.Haven't you heard from Joss. He died.

And let's just give a silent thanks that, thus far, she hasn't had a scene sitting forlornly by the tree lamenting how this was her first Christmas without Oscar. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Good god, the Q mansion looks like the inside of the family vault - cold and gray and lifeless.   Can Tracy pull some shenanigans while she's there, put something over on Monica and put the place back together the way it was???   That house was quintessential Q;  old fashioned elegance, warmth, old money-ish.    And for the love of pete, changing the whole architecture was ridiculous.   And logistically impossible.   Why didn't they just have the clan move to a completely different house, because this redecoration thing has jumped the shark.

• Love 8

That was the least heartwarming Christmas "miracle" I've ever seen, and with the flimsiest foundation to support it. One minute Sam's in her cell threatening Nelle with violence (please, it'd be two dry spaghetti strands knocking together), the next, she's wiping tears from her eyes in her apartment, leather jacket in place. Like WTF? They really left her in prison just long enough to produce this surprise happy ending, and I could not care less. They'd have to have shown Sam with her kids more than once in a blue moon for me to feel anything other than indifference at this reunion. 

As fantastic as it is to see Tracy, I forgot how tedious it gets for Monica to be all "my house" this and "Alan" that. Your dominance has been established, Monica, unclench a little. Tracy was slightly tough on Ned, chiding him for helping Jason, though I see her point. How fair is it that Jason receives tons of help from Monica and the Qs and gives them only a sliver of his time or attention in return? It wouldn't kill him to eat Thanksgiving pizza or drink wassail with the rest of them.

Gladys getting shoved in my face this week is a befuddling choice. I don't care about her sob stories or about her on her own, and she sure doesn't increase my interest in Sonny, as anything multiplied by zero is still zero, so....

Previews: Sonny and Carly bickering for the nine millionth time. Ending 2019 and rolling into 2020 on the same bullshit, I see.

• Love 14