Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Valentin rightly says "I think we should be prepared for her to feel attacked no matter how we pretty up the words" and Sam takes that as him attempting to ruin things--"that's why I didn't want you here."  Sit down, you moron, pointly out what could go wrong (and DID) is how you prepare.  God, she's so stupid.

I sometimes briefly wonder if I'm being unfair, but Sam manages to be the less sympathetic character in any one-on-one confrontation with anyone. Brando, Valentin, Julian, Kristina, relapsing Alexis, anyone. No matter what cards she's holding, she comes out looking worse than the other person. Monaco's portrayal has become almost toxically unpleasant. The character is such a tiresome, condescending black cloud. And yes, that sentence originally ended with something other than "black cloud," but I'm erring on the side of caution with Forum Standards & Practices.  

I haven't liked her in a scene since she kicked Sonny into the hole while suffering from the cat-feces disease.  

Also, it's rich to me that Carly turns up her nose now because "everyone hates" some other woman. It used to be that she got her back up because everyone loved some other woman (Robin, Liz).

• Love 18
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I knew there was something that I forgot.

When Laura was trying to draw comparison with Lulu regarding her feelings of Dante and her new relationship with Dustin, she used Scott as her example of her former love. Nope. It should have been Luke (her great love) while she chose her future with Kevin now.

but then she would have to say the word Luke. LOL!!! I thought it was funny too that she used Scotty as an example. Granted they were in love and even married but she’s talking to LuLu and the more obvious comparison would have been Luke. Maybe, they have to pay Tony Geary if they say the name Luke. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's my question about the potential David Hamilton thing - is this anything Cyrus can actually use against Laura?  Because I'm reading about it on Wikipedia and it says Laura confessed and was sentenced to probation.  And Scotty said yesterday that everyone knows, that it was in the press and everything.  So where's the scandal?

i believe david hamilton had a family that was killed in a fire before the leslie/laura thing started. my speculation is that cyrus is an #actuallynotdead kid of his who did not die in the fire and that the person he was stashing away with medical attention was his mother and that he somehow blames laura for all this. he is coming after her personally for revenge, not legally. so he doesn't have to get her behind bars, he has have to research enough about it to want to kill her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Why does it seem like some people are social distancing while others arent'?  In the gym, Laura walks in and hugs Sonny.  But when Dante comes in, they don't hug which they would normally have, since he's her son in law.    Genie and Dom actually stand a good distance from each other like they were respecting the distance.  Was odd.  

That was a giant bomb in what seems to be a fairly small space.  Everyone in there should be injured.  If anyone walks out of their own steam with no scratches, I'll be pissed.  Dante , despite being outside, was pretty close, so even he should have some minor cuts and stuff. 

Assuming no one had time to touch the bag, it was closest to Lulu/Dustin so they'll get the brunt of it, whereas Friz/Cam were across the room and shouldn't be as badly injured (except for the requisite tumour cancelling shrapnel that Franco's going to get!!)  If Dev managed to convince the bartender to check it out then they'll get the brunt of it.

I don't want them to set this up and then cop out and we find out that 7 of the 9 people left minutes before the explosion.  "Oh it's a good thing Franco/Liz/Cam/Jason/Danny left before the place blew up".  If you're going to shove that many people in the room, then follow through on having them injured.  

I'm curious to see if Julian runs back and tries to help people or if he gets spooked and runs.  Did anyone see him at the bar?  Will it be, 'oh I saw Julian here with a backpack minutes before the explosion" or will no one realize who set it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

i believe david hamilton had a family that was killed in a fire before the leslie/laura thing started. my speculation is that cyrus is an #actuallynotdead kid of his who did not die in the fire and that the person he was stashing away with medical attention was his mother and that he somehow blames laura for all this. he is coming after her personally for revenge, not legally. so he doesn't have to get her behind bars, he has have to research enough about it to want to kill her.

Ugh, I could see that happening.  GH has gone to that well A LOT the last few years - Nelle wants revenge on Carly because she's Frank Benson's daughter.  Margaux wants revenge on Sonny because she's the daughter of the guy Sonny killed.  Kendra wants revenge on Alexis because she's Keifer's sister.  Shiloh wants revenge on Sam because he's the son of the guy Sam conned.  Blah blah blah boring blah.

17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That was a giant bomb in what seems to be a fairly small space.  Everyone in there should be injured.  If anyone walks out of their own steam with no scratches, I'll be pissed.  Dante , despite being outside, was pretty close, so even he should have some minor cuts and stuff.

Bombs in Port Charles can be tricky.  Remember that bomb that went off in the Spencer house that somehow didn't demolish it.

I'm also reminded of the EARTHQUAKE from a few years ago that didn't kill or seriously injure anybody.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ffwbe said:

It’s strange since Alexis has already lashed out at Sam twice when she tried to get her to stop drinking. She should expect it. I don’t see how an intervention would work. Sam was already keeping her kids away from Alexis and that didn’t stop her from drinking and Sam was already “done” with her at the MC. She hasn’t been seeking Sam out, or anyone really. Cutting Alexis off is just giving her what she wants. 

Sam always thinks she's the only one who can get through to Alexis. I did love that Alexis reamed her out for weaponizing the grandkids. And Sam, can Alexis see them or not? You're not going to be effective if you keep changing the rules as you go along. Ugh. 

12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I sometimes briefly wonder if I'm being unfair, but Sam manages to be the less sympathetic character in any one-on-one confrontation with anyone. Brando, Valentin, Julian, Kristina, relapsing Alexis, anyone. No matter what cards she's holding, she comes out looking worse than the other person.

You are definitely not being unfair. Even when Sam is right, she's always so horribly smug about it that I'm automatically on the other person's side, no matter who is it. (Well, maybe not when it's Sonny or Carly.) Sam is so one-note.

12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Also, it's rich to me that Carly turns up her nose now because "everyone hates" some other woman. It used to be that she got her back up because everyone loved some other woman (Robin, Liz).

It's about the attention, not the attitude, I think. Carly wants to be the sun everyone revolves around.

12 hours ago, ouinason said:

Valentine should hire her for ELQ as a legal consultant or some kind of supervisor for the legal department.  She doesn't need a license to tell other people what to do.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened, TBH. Or that Diane has Alexis act as a paralegal or something. But Alexis probably wants to be a lawyer again, and these crumbs are just that. It has to be all or nothing.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

follow through

*laughs herself off the sofa*

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Why does it seem like some people are social distancing while others arent'?  In the gym, Laura walks in and hugs Sonny.  But when Dante comes in, they don't hug which they would normally have, since he's her son in law.    Genie and Dom actually stand a good distance from each other like they were respecting the distance.  Was odd.  

Assuming no one had time to touch the bag, it was closest to Lulu/Dustin so they'll get the brunt of it, whereas Friz/Cam were across the room and shouldn't be as badly injured (except for the requisite tumour cancelling shrapnel that Franco's going to get!!)  If Dev managed to convince the bartender to check it out then they'll get the brunt of it.

I don't want them to set this up and then cop out and we find out that 7 of the 9 people left minutes before the explosion.  "Oh it's a good thing Franco/Liz/Cam/Jason/Danny left before the place blew up".  If you're going to shove that many people in the room, then follow through on having them injured.  

I'm curious to see if Julian runs back and tries to help people or if he gets spooked and runs.  Did anyone see him at the bar?  Will it be, 'oh I saw Julian here with a backpack minutes before the explosion" or will no one realize who set it.  

I noticed that too. I'm glad they are letting Genie be careful. (Maybe Mo just got a negative test and Dom hadn't?)

• Love 3

Sam’s reasoning for excluding Kristina from the intervention was interesting considering that she’s been less than delicate when dealing with Alexis. I’m wondering how she thinks she’s coming off. 

Side-note, I find Kristina to be an immature brat most of the time but it annoys me that they write her relationship with Alexis the way that they do. They got along fine when she was a kid and a teen for the most part. Their issues were typical parent/child ones. 

Teen Kristina’s issues were mostly with Sonny, not Alexis. There was a big shift in those relationship dynamics when LA returned to the role a few years back but it never made sense to me. I have a feeling it just happened because Sonny’s kids aren’t allowed to hate him or get angry at him anymore so Kristina’s relationship with her mother has to suffer. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Sam’s reasoning for excluding Kristina from the intervention was interesting considering that she’s been less than delicate when dealing with Alexis. I’m wondering how she thinks she’s coming off. 

Lexi being unable to film--or if the show just doesn't want her--is being handled so badly.  They should just say she's hiking thru Europe to try and figure out what she should do with her life instead of just pretending she doesn't exist (like when Mike was dying) or that her presence will make things worse (like Alexis's intervention).

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I noticed that too. I'm glad they are letting Genie be careful. (Maybe Mo just got a negative test and Dom hadn't?)

If Dominic’s test wasn’t negative, he has NO BUSINESS being on set and filming, not to mention the show would be violating requirements and being reckless, what with the increase in the spread of the virus.

I suspect Laura didn’t hug him because he’s her Ex-son-in-law. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lexi being unable to film--or if the show just doesn't want her--is being handled so badly.  They should just say she's hiking thru Europe to try and figure out what she should do with her life instead of just pretending she doesn't exist (like when Mike was dying) or that her presence will make things worse (like Alexis's intervention).

It takes the same amount of effort to trash Kristina as it does to give her a reasonable explanation for not being around, yet the show always goes with the worse option. I'll never understand that.

• Love 13

I'm watching last Monday's episode and I notice that Michael threatens Cyrus in the hospital and then Cyrus heads straight to Julian to set up the bombing. Coincidence? I think not.

21 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I sometimes briefly wonder if I'm being unfair, but Sam manages to be the less sympathetic character in any one-on-one confrontation with anyone.

Monday she's yelling at Julian to stay away from her and her kids. Thursday and Friday she's yelling at Alexis and keeping her away from the kids. Way to have a relationship with your parents who are reaching out to you. The only people  she's nice to are Jason, Sonny, Carly, their kids and Spinelli.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm surprised this hasn't happened, TBH. Or that Diane has Alexis act as a paralegal or something. But Alexis probably wants to be a lawyer again, and these crumbs are just that. It has to be all or nothing.

If I were Alexis, I would hate to have to work as a paralegal when I used to be a lawyer. But she must have a ton of soft skills from research to administration to writing that she could use. If Drew could go from being a SEAL and an enforcer to running Aurora, and Michael can be ELQ's CEO without formal education, there must be something that Alexis' "support system" can come up with other than haranguing her.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It takes the same amount of effort to trash Kristina as it does to give her a reasonable explanation for not being around, yet the show always goes with the worse option. I'll never understand that.

She's Alexis' daughter, not Carly's.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought the same. Kristina is too connected to the canvas to be conspicuously missing from certain events. They wrote her off 2 or 3 times before by saying she moved out of state. All they have to say is she left again and that’s why she’s not around.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

If Drew could go from being a SEAL and an enforcer to running Aurora, and Michael can be ELQ's CEO without formal education, there must be something that Alexis' "support system" can come up with other than haranguing her.

Well, she's a wimmins with an advanced degree, so of course there isn't anything for her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, nilyank said:

When Laura was trying to draw comparison with Lulu regarding her feelings of Dante and her new relationship with Dustin, she used Scott as her example of her former love. Nope. It should have been Luke (her great love) while she chose her future with Kevin now.

The script for this was sloppy; I think the comparison is in part because Lulu is currently faced with Dante, her great love, and Dustin, her new love, both in Port Charles.  Laura sees ex-husband Scotty around Port Charles and they are friendly, while she is currently married to and in love with Kevin.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:47 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

THANK YOU!!!! I just saw that and I was like, Excuuuuuuuuse me? No, that would be Luke, you know, your great love AND father of your children--one who is sitting right in front of you?

Luke left Port Charles. He is not a part of Laura's life now, so for script purposes, Luke doesn't "fit" the point Laura is supposed to be making.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:34 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

Yeah, that was weird, but it is true that she's gone back to Scotty arguably as often as she's reconciled with Luke. And at least Scotty never called her an old sweatshirt!

Yes, Luke and Laura have not been romantically together or married now for a long time. When Laura returned from living abroad, she was with Scott. They got engaged, and she married him (again) at Wyndemere, at TC's Nikolas's invitation. The marriage didn't last long, but that's not really relevant to her conversation with Lulu. During the last decade or so of Lulu's adult life, Laura has been married to Scotty and now Kevin. Scott, her first ex-husband, a man whom she re-married and then divorced again in the last 10 years, is still a regular part of her life and she certainly cares for him. She currently loves and is married to Kevin, but she does not have the decades of history with him that she has with Scott, and Luke.  Luke has left Port Charles, and she does not see him - not even when Lulu was critically injured from getting stabbed. However, Scott, Laura and Kevin all live in the same town and interact with one another like Dante, Lulu, and Dustin. 

The more accurate comparison would be Luke = Dante, the great love of the woman's life and father of two of the woman's children, Laura=Lulu, and Dustin=Kevin, the promise of new love if Dante and Lulu definitely can't reconcile/are no longer in love/do not fit together as a couple anymore .... which is clearly not the case given Dante and Lulu's recent conversations with other people.  Although it was sort of obvious when Lulu ran to the door and collapsed in tears right after Dante shut the door and left when he told her he's back for good. 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:36 PM, ByaNose said:

but then she would have to say the word Luke. LOL!!! I thought it was funny too that she used Scotty as an example. Granted they were in love and even married but she’s talking to LuLu and the more obvious comparison would have been Luke. Maybe, they have to pay Tony Geary if they say the name Luke. 

She wouldn't have had to say "Luke." Laura could have said "I still feel love for your father" to Lulu.

This sort of reminds me of a time when Sam was complaining that she had always felt threatened by Robin's place in Jason's life, because Robin was his first love and persistently a higher priority in his life than she was. The reason? At that time, there was a storyline involving Jason and Robin.  I had at WTF reaction, because she was describing how the Sam character had been feeling about Carly for many years due to Carly's lack of boundaries and Jason not putting his foot down. That script, of course, was written not to show accuracy to the characters' or show's histories, but to fit a plot point.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

does Lulu even have memories of Luke and Laura as a functional couple?  she was quite small when Laura lost her mind and they were never really together after that point.  So, Scott is the observable example that Luke really isn't for a comparison.

And, of course, they are setting Laura and Scott up for story, so they need to hammer on the connection for the obviously stupid audience.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

does Lulu even have memories of Luke and Laura as a functional couple?  she was quite small when Laura lost her mind and they were never really together after that point.  So, Scott is the observable example that Luke really isn't for a comparison.

Lulu would have been in elementary school when Luke and Laura reunited after he was Felicia and she was with Stefan and then Laura was institutionalized. Prior to her breakdown, Luke and Laura were going to be remarried. Laura got involved again/married Scot after Lulu reached adulthood. By that time, Lulu had been raised by her grandmother and then went to live with Luke and Tracy.

Spoiler

DAMN, Sonny talks about "good kid" Dev dying like he was some warehouse worker he hardly knew. Not one tear. Carly's tears lasted 3 minutes, which she spent praising Sonny for giving the kid a good life the last two years.

Valentin's letter genuinely touched Alexis. Me, too.  I rarely feel anything about Diane but she made me cry in her tearful appeal to Alexls.  NLG did a terrific job with her lines about Jason and Danny, just wanting her to grandson to grow up but always in danger because of Jason.

All Julian can do is sit there and cry while clutching Danny's baseball cap?!?!

I called it that Dustin would be killed, and of course Jason and Danny left before the building blew up. Dante saves Lulu, and of course promises Dustin he'll be there for Lulu.  Dante's reluctant approach to tell Lulu the news got me. I guess she will collapse tomorrow in Laura/Dante's arms while sobbing about his death? 

I really don't care that Franco doesn't want surgery. Whatever. I like Elizabeth's angry reaction though. And poor Cam is injured as well as traumatized, seeing Dev.

• Love 8

Let me be the first to congratulate the show on their massive twist of Jason and Danny being inside the Floating Rib and dying in the explosion. Oh, wait! That was the show in my head!

As usual, nothing happens to the mobster and his entourage. Somehow he got out with his son before the Floating Rib went up with a bunch of innocent people inside, while he was the target, and dropped his spawn off at the Qs. As usual, no consequences for the mobsters other than putting Dev on a pedestal because this character finally reached his expiry date.

And fuck you, Sonny, for being all bitchy about Julian being there. The street ain't your home, asshat. He can walk and stand wherever he wants. Run, Julian. Run! 

Of course, Carly gets to be the one to hug Jason first, because that's how it should always be. 

Alexis should keep voicing her dismay at Sam choosing Jason. 

Scenes between Alexis and Valentin were the best of the day. Diane's display of emotion while reading her letter to Alexis was very uncharacteristic of her, so it was nice to see the actress being more than a hard ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Man oh man, the show did not even TRY to make Dev's death meaningful today. A whole-ass teenager living in Sonny and Carly's house for TWO YEARS, a daily presence in their lives and the lives of their young children, and these two chucklefucks barely bat an eye at his death and send freakin' DIANE to the hospital to make arrangements for Dev's remains. What in the world, y'all. Callous to the core as always.

Dustin and Dev dying from the same explosion does make me worry that Joss will be crying over this for the next six months, though. Once upon a time she looked up to Dustin as her teacher, even if lately he's just been seen as Lulu's BF. God knows the show will not miss an opportunity to let Joss' emotions take center stage in the aftermath of this mess.

Valentin's letter to Alexis was definitely the best part of today's show. It remains baffling to me that the show waited until after the characters knew they weren't related to forge a sibling-like relationship between them, but dammit it works and I'm here for them.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Bye Dev, you...deserved this.

He deserves this mostly for saving Sonny two years ago. And the reaction to his death was so underwhelming. It felt like it was business as usual. I've felt more emotion breaking a plate than Sonny felt watching this 16 year old die in front of him. 

And now we will have the relentless Joss grief and self-flagellating at not returning his feelings and being an old meanie because she didn't like that he kissed or tried to kiss her without her consent. 

Also, Dustin's very wide eyes when he died were creepy. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be that wide when a person dies because the muscles relax or something.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

So, GH really spent all the show trying to make me "worry" about Jason and Danny?!?! LOL! One, I couldn't possibly care less if they had died, and two, they were never in danger. I never once thought they were dead, so Jason popping up at the end fell flat to me.  They were always going to be fine. 

I will say I was surprised Lulu didn't die in this explosion. I wonder if she's going to have some complications later and then die or just decide to leave town. I read a spoiler that Cameron was hurt, but I guess he's not.  Again, he could get a later injury, but I think he's gonna be okay. 

I know many disliked him, but I liked Dev. I feel bad he died. He did a stupid thing w/Josslyn's journal, but I never thought he was "evil." I always just saw him as a kid.  He tried to rectify his bad act and even passed along an apology to Josslyn before he died. Too bad, he couldn't have just left town! 

I'm sure Franco will have that surgery.  I wonder how he will emerge. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Linny said:

Dustin and Dev dying from the same explosion does make me worry that Joss will be crying over this for the next six months, though.

I think Cam and Joss will get together in part from mourning Dev. Cam is dealing with physical and emotional trauma now, and Joss lived with Dev. In their last one-on-one scene, she told Dev he's "like a brother."  

i felt for Cam, and Lulu's pain, shock and fear today.  DZ also deserves praise for how Dante held Lulu still once she got up, keeping her from injuring herself worse by trying to get to Dustin while the paramedics took care of him.  His quiet protectiveness and trying to soothe/comfort her shows he still has a cop's instincts and a husband's love.

• Love 5

I wonder if the explosion will wipe out Dante's brainwashing. That would be a very soapy way to get rid of it. Dante could pretend he's still brainwashed and go after Peter, but whatever the other stuff is, he wouldn't have to do.

Or, the explosion knocked Franco's tumor loose and Teri can operate. Hee.

Of course Sonny yells at Julian for being at the explosion scene. As if Sonny is authorized to be there. Ugh. And he's certainly gutted that Dev died. Sheesh. Carly wasn't that gutted, either. LOL. Poor Dev. (Though yay! He's gone!)

While I get that everyone wants to know if their loved ones are okay, it's kind of annoying that if they aren't the first out, it's assumed they're dead. The ambulances got there two minutes ago. They can't find everyone all at once. There are enough disasters in PC you'd think people would get this.

Sam's six-inch stiletto boots are perfect for walking around in wreckage!

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course, Carly gets to be the one to hug Jason first, because that's how it should always be. 

That totally cracked me up. And it's not as if Jason asked immediately where Sam was. Those two, man. What a love story.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Scenes between Alexis and Valentin were the best of the day. Diane's display of emotion while reading her letter to Alexis was very uncharacteristic of her, so it was nice to see the actress being more than a hard ass.

It's amazing how effective stuff is when there isn't haranguing or yelling. Diane and Valentin spoke from the heart; Sam just bitched.

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

i felt for Cam

He's really had a rough year.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think Cam and Joss will get together in part from mourning Dev.

Yup. And now Cam will NEVER know that Chachi lied to him, or that he forged those entries of whatever Mini-Shebeast wrote about only thinking Cam as a friend. I'm sooooo looking forward to that conversation when they learn their "good friend" [Chachi] LIED to them and DECEIVED them! (FYI, sarcasm if ye couldna tell!)

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Dev. (Though yay! He's gone!)

😂

I thought of you when I read that Chachi bit it! I thought, what will @dubbel zout say? I'm disappointed you didn't add a gif! You be slippin' , Girl!

• LOL 2

I'm confused, Sonny was riding with Dev to the hospital and when he dies, Sonny... Leaves him to go back to the Rib!?!?!

Did the ambulance driver drop him off, or did he catch an Uber from the hospital?  Jeez, this show sometimes.

And, of course, Danny and Jason were never in danger. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I read a spoiler that Cameron was hurt, but I guess he's not.  Again, he could get a later injury, but I think he's gonna be okay. 

Liz was worried that Cam hurt his leg. Considering that he is hoping to get soccer scholarship for college because Liz is apparently poor, I am sure that he won't be able to play again.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm leaning towards an aftershock injury that puts her in a coma.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu could go investigate something out of town. It gets rid of the character without killing her off, and Laura can have phone calls and stuff with her so Lulu isn't completely off the canvas.

They do such a crappy job of this with Lucky, though.

37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm leaning towards an aftershock injury that puts her in a coma.

I assume this is what will happen as well. Do any of you remember the winter bus crash involving some adults and kids? Michael and Kristina were in high school at the time. Kristina's good friend was "fine" after the crash, then suddenly collapsed at the hospital and died - she had a brain bleed. Lulu told Laura she has not yet been seen by a doctor. She has been insisting to Laura and Dante she is okay.  I assume she has some serious internal injury/brain bleed, and she's going to collapse and be in a long-term coma (thereby Lulu is no longer an active character unless the Show recasts, but Lulu also doesn't abandon either of her children).  Dante gets his house back, and raises their son as they hope and pray that "Lulu/Mommy will wake up and get better some day."

• Love 4

First off, thank god St. Sonny was around to help the EMT’s and demand to know what Julian was doing there. STFU Sonny!

Of course, show has Carly seeing Jason first. WTF was that? That shows where Sam really stacks up on the totem pole. I knew it was true but today they didn’t even hide. It’s Sonny, Carly and then way in the back is Sam. Hysterical!

Dev and Dustin. Not a good day for people with a D in their name. They didn’t really add much anyway. Although, I was thrown off because Emme Rylan was fine. She even looked good with her big hair after the explosion. Usually, her hair is always flat. Now, I’m not sure how she’s being replaced, written off and/or replaced. It’s great seeing DZ. he’s just so anti soap that he makes the show more interesting. So everyone is accounted for and Julian will still feel guilty even though Danny is alive. Of course, his target Jason is, too. Somebody ain’t going to be happy about that.

I’m glad my theory (as others) 40 year old story being about David Hamilton. I was hoping they would have shown the scene where David Hamilton ripped up Laura’s love letters in her face. I saw it when it originally aired. The show was soooooo good then.  I can’t believe how long ago that was. I’m 56 now and I remember it very clearly. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or maybe they're going to recast Lulu?

Hey, lookit the fake!Lucas who showed up without any warning. It could happen.

I do find it odd that FV would can ER after all this time. I know people are recast and/or fired in daytime all the time but I just find it strange. She couldn’t have been making that much money but who knows.

• Love 3

I won't see the Monday show for a few hours, but if they're saying onscreen that Dev was part of the Corinthos household for two years, it won't work for me. Dev first appeared in the overseas part of the Dante/Sonny story in March 2019, and then he showed up in the U.S. the following summer. So, not even a year and a half.  

The other day, someone (Carly?) commented that Trina had been mourning her father for "almost a year," and I had the same reaction. Maybe it's easy to sell to viewers that it's been that long, because the production layoff and the pandemic have made 2020 such a weird year. But Taggert "died" in March, they had recently referenced all the usual winter things on the show in the weeks prior, and we just had people in Halloween costumes and then a whole episode about voting. So they're kind of stuck with "That was March and this is November."

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Valentin's letter to Alexis was definitely the best part of today's show. It remains baffling to me that the show waited until after the characters knew they weren't related to forge a sibling-like relationship between them, but dammit it works and I'm here for them.

So baffling, but like you said, it works. 

• Love 2

I don't know what happened all of a sudden at the start of November, but this show really has been trending upward since then! The Alex/Anna storyline was very well-done and had a lot of old school GH vibes and this one does too. 

This was one of my favorite GH disasters in a long time. The reactions of everyone to the explosion, the mix of folks actually interacting with each other, and the stakes of everything were all on point. It was terrific that Mac and Laura were in the midst of it all too. Even the explosion itself looked legit! It was all so soapy and paced really well.

I was pretty surprised that Dev died! I'm really glad they recognized the character wasn't working and ended things, but what a weird anticlimactic way to have him die mid-ambulance ride with Sonny. Even the reaction to his death was so "eh, he's dead" by Sonny/Carly and "ugh, too bad" by Laura/Mac like they learned about a squirrel getting hit by a car.

RIP Dustin - I was sad about him. I liked Mark Lawson a lot and thought he had good chemistry with ER and the kids. It was too bad they didn't do more with him. That being said, with Lulu on her way out, there's clearly not a lot more road for him, so I'm not surprised. Speaking of Lulu, she seems to be doing surprisingly well. Could her ending be coming at a different point? Maybe she starts investigating the explosion and Cyrus targets her? 

Franco totally is going to become SerialKillerFranco again post-surgery.

Valentin's letter to Alexis was super sweet. I know Alexis is supposed to be in alcoholic mode, but I thought it was weird she wasn't more concerned about Danny. The whole "I told her so - Danny was gonna be killed" thing to Valentin seemed like a strange initial reaction to everything rather than being upset about her grandson and worried about his present condition.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I do find it odd that FV would can ER after all this time. I know people are recast and/or fired in daytime all the time but I just find it strange. She couldn’t have been making that much money but who knows.

Do we know for sure DZ is back fulltime?  Is it possible he's here to help facilitate an exit for Lulu - the two take this second chance and head off for a fresh start?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:
4 hours ago, Linny said:

So baffling, but like you said, it works. 

I like that the show waited, TBH. They know each other a bit better now, and they can have a relationship because they want it, not because being siblings forces them to have it. I'm sure the writers didn't consider any of this, but I pretend it happened this way. Heh.

• Love 6

I think having Julian deliver the bomb was just another way of giving Sonny/Jason a pass for their mob activity. It makes Julian the big evil in this instead of Cyrus. Cyrus could have had any of his men do this but if he did, they would have to acknowledge Sason antagonized him and they were supposed to “take care” of him but didn’t. It’s annoying how they are always protected in some way. Wonder if Jason being the true target will even get mentioned 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think having Julian deliver the bomb was just another way of giving Sonny/Jason a pass for their mob activity. It makes Julian the big evil in this instead of Cyrus. Cyrus could have had any of his men do this but if he did, they would have to acknowledge Sason antagonized him and they were supposed to “take care” of him but didn’t. It’s annoying how they are always protected in some way. Wonder if Jason being the true target will even get mentioned 

Outside of Alexis hammering on about it, I doubt anyone bats an eyelash over Jason being a target as a mobster. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The only way to know Jason was the target is for someone to realize Julian's part in the explosion and then him admiting that Cyrus targeted Jason.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And he's certainly gutted that Dev died. Sheesh. Carly wasn't that gutted, either. LOL. Poor Dev. (Though yay! He's gone!)

I've had stronger reactions when I run out of ketchup mid-hamburger.

Really, really, really love the relationship between Valentin and Alexis.  It's not flowery, yet there IS a sentimentality to it that suits both their personalities.  I'm a sucker for platonic male/female pairings, and this one totally works for me.

Laura telling Sonny about David Hamilton was pretty accurate.  She failed to mention she blocked the whole thing out, Lesley took the blame, and then when she did remember she ran away to NYC, but none of that changed the end result of her finally confessing and getting sentenced.

• Love 7