Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Whoa, wait. Is that Dante?! (Told you all I haven't watched in forever!) He looks so DIFFERENT.

Yes yes it is lol. He has long hair and a thick beard but in the screen cap I took his shoulders are hunched and he's glowering. And he is older, of course. 

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I couldn’t help but 🙄🙄🙄🙄at those thick gloves that Dante was wearing, as he typed on Heinrik’s laptop. What? He couldn’t get his hands on latex gloves? What he was wearing looked more like winter gloves! That thick leather/vinyl wouldn’t have allowed him to type Jack shit.

Not that I think they remembered this but they made it a plot point that Dante is allergic to latex. That's how Liz figured out Rocco was his son.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Not that I think they remembered this but they made it a plot point that Dante is allergic to latex. That's how Liz figured out Rocco was his son.

There are non-latex, THIN gloves out there. My point was how ridiculous he looked with those winter/snow gloves.

• Love 2

40 years ago? That'd be 1980 -- Luke and Laura went on the run in the summer of 1979, so that's a possibility. But the Ice Princess story started in 1980, and it involved RF!Scorpio as well as Badass Laura. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It bothered me how cavalier Jason was about sending Spinelli traipsing through Franco's medical records.

I don't understand why Jason (or Sonny) cares enough about Franco's medical situation to even bother to have Spin do this. Killing Franco been a dream of his from the get-go. Why go all dainty about it now? It's so dumb.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand why Jason (or Sonny) cares enough about Franco's medical situation to even bother to have Spin do this. Killing Franco been a dream of his from the get-go. Why go all dainty about it now? It's so dumb.

Because they somehow think every decision everyone in Port Charles makes is done to "get them."  I guess paranoia goes with the territory of being the "biggest mob boss on the eastern seaboard."

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. /sarcasm

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There are non-latex, THIN gloves out there. My point was how ridiculous he looked with those winter/snow gloves.

I know, I was just relating that random factoid. Thin gloves aren't suitable for a Russian winter! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

... when Sonny sneered that he didn't believe the brain tumor was back. 

That whole reaction/scene came off to me as more of a bad caricature of a godfather rather than any actual reaction. I really wish MB would add a few more behaviors to his acting toolbox.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It bothered me how cavalier Jason was about sending Spinelli traipsing through Franco's medical records. I get it, the mob has its own super-hacker who can penetrate any firewall and find out anything with his magic computer, and Franco does have a history of manipulation and deceit. But it's one thing to have Spinelli "tap into the surveillance cameras" to prove that someone did or didn't shoot someone, and another to have these goons rifling through confidential databases with sensitive information. I just had to strike a blow for HIPAA awareness.

That really bothered me too.  I understand why paranoid Jason would want to know if Franco is messing with him or serious but he'll know soon enough. All Jason has to do is look at Elizabeth.

I hate the arrogance and entitlement of the Corinthos clan.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I understand why paranoid Jason would want to know if Franco is messing with him

I honestly don't. If this were years ago, I'd get it, but Franco and Jason barely interact these days. Franco is suddenly going to decide to mess with Jason by telling him his brain tumor returned and please kill him if things go south? I have no problem with Jason still hating Franco, but the rest makes no sense.

• Love 5

After today's episode, I nominate Wiley for the title of Toddler Who Will Grow Up to Be Port Chuck's  Most Entitled Child. 

I didn't find Michael and Willow's  "Wiley wants; Wiley gets" discussion cute or endearing, and since neither of them had bothered to communicate their individual plans to the other, it doesn't speak well for what we're supposed to believe is their growing attraction, either. Can not-dead-Nelle come back from Pennsylvania, take Wiley away, and spur Michael and/or Willow to go search for him off the canvas? 

(Although I am wondering if Brook Lynn is going to pull a Robin and do some truth-telling before she leaves town.)

• Love 12

Nice to see the giant bandage is finally gone from Brook Lynn's neck. And what was she wearing? That dress was hideous. Super-thin fabric and ruched ruffles in the front? Yikes.

You know, Michael and Willow, it's okay to say no to your tyrant of a son. Ugh. I don't find "Wiley wants what he wants when he wants it" charming or cute at all. Also, toddler food fights really shouldn't be allowed. Set some rules, people!

Oh, nos! What will Michael do when he finds out Sasha is falling into Cyrus's clutches and is hooked on coke? How will he rescue her and not make Willow mad? How will I stay awake watching this? Spoiler: I won't.

• Love 9

Barely two year old Wylie supposedly tells Willow and Michael that he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up (do 2 year old even know what an astronaut is?), and she immediately runs out to buy yellow paint to paint stars on his ceiling.  Meanwhile, Michael hires painters to do the same thing. Eeesh, what happens next month when he decides he wants to be Bob the Builder, or Clifford the big red dog.  Also, Willow spilled paint on Michael so they stopped painting.  They were literally like watching paint dry.  LITERALLY!!

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Is Brook Lynn really going to leave town without patching things up with Ned or following up with her connection to Valentin? If so, that sucks, and it makes her cheerleading of Chase and Willow today seem especially frivolous. Chase can make the decision to fight for Willow or let them become history without his friend's interference. And the staging of conversations in the hospital's halls is getting increasingly more ridiculous. At one point Chase was standing around the corner talking to Brook Lynn and they were each facing opposite directions. Make it stop, show.

I do hope the show realizes the best they're going to achieve with Michael and Willow is a participation ribbon and a "you tried" sticker. Willow flashing her bra and her midriff while dripping paint on Michael like bird shit is not exactly inspiring stuff. Neither is her getting all breathless leaning over Michael's shoulder to read the famously provocative material of legal documents. I'm torn between embarrassment and admiration that the show is trying so damn hard to make these two people at all interesting.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I kind of dig the idea of Sasha and Cyrus, if only for how outraged it makes everyone.

Willow, button your shirt.

OMG, Michael would not have lost custody of Wiley if he weren't married to Willow. I wish the show would stop with that crap.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nice to see the giant bandage is finally gone from Brook Lynn's neck.

It was off the last time we saw her at whatever place she was at with...Chase? I had posted a comment how her "scar" seemed to have moved and looked like one big giant hickie!😆

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Barely two year old Wylie supposedly tells Willow and Michael that he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up (do 2 year old even know what an astronaut is?),

My nephew did at that age, no joke. He just turned 4 and is obsessed with the planets. He knows their names, the order the come in, which is the smallest, the biggest, their colors, he knows the names of the moons of Zupiter (that's how he pronounces it) better than I do. My parents took him to the planetarium on a whim and he's been all over that stuff since. 

On to the show. Natural scenes with Chase vs forced scenes with Michael. Oh noes! Willow is about to fall from the latter, let me catch her and look deep in her eyes and then her lips. Please STOP with that show. There was really nothing cute about it and there are enough entitled children around. Entitled rich kids turn into entitled toddler adults who don't understand the meaning of the word no, or you lost, step the fuck down. Please, enough with Wylie gets whatever he wants and oh, how cute, he had a tomato sauce fight with his step uncle. How old is Leo anyway?

I'm counting on BL to just blow the whole secret about Chase and Sacha out of the water. I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't. 

Cyrus sure is sweet! Here's a bag of blow, Sacha! And he looked so proud of himself, like he had just bought her a diamond tennis bracelet. I'm not gonna lie, I thought the look on his face was hilarious.

The rest of the show is a blur.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Little kids lock in to things, so Wiley wanting to be an astronaut isn't a big deal to me. Willow and Michael being unable to say no to him is the bigger problem. Do they really want a Spencer of their very own?

10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm counting on BL to just blow the whole secret about Chase and Sacha out of the water. I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't. 

Same here. It's classic soap! It also is totally in character for Brook Lynn.

• Love 7

I'm just glad Michael and Willow didn't have a paint fight and then fall into each other's arms. That cutesy scenario (or food fights, in the same manner) has been done to death in movies, TV and commercials. And they definitely don't have the chemistry to pull it off and make it satisfying for the audience.

• Love 6

oh Show, you were doing so well this past week.. and then you had to try and make Millow happen. But at least we know that Michael actually showed up for work @ Aurora -- has Valentin showed up at ELQ ONCE since the takeover?

and Liz, sweetie, you're a nurse, lines like "our love is stronger than your tumor" should not be coming out of your mouth, or anyone's mouth, really. It's a gawd-awful line and the writer who committed it to page should be fired. 

• Love 9

I thought Brook Lynn's dress was okay. It would have looked better in another color but I thought it was fine.

Oh I see Brando is around. It's okay to send him to get his skis, show.

I was cringing at Willow dancing.

Usually I like BH's acting but the line "you're telling me you want to die" seemed shot out right from her nose.

• LOL 2
36 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm just glad Michael and Willow didn't have a paint fight and then fall into each other's arms. That cutesy scenario (or food fights, in the same manner) has been done to death in movies, TV and commercials. And they definitely don't have the chemistry to pull it off and make it satisfying for the audience.

You mean the soft semi-romantic music playing in the background didn't sell you on their chemistry and how they should be together forever? Tough crowd!

• LOL 6

Chase: You know what would make me really happy?
Brook: Arresting me again?
Chase: . . . I was gonna say taking you out for a drink.

They're cute. Although it is a bit strange that Chase doesn't want to stay inside and talk about a toddler. What a freak!

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Although it is a bit strange that Chase doesn't want to stay inside and talk about a toddler. What a freak!

That's our signal that he's actually a monster. Next he'll refuse to have a tea party with Violet because he has to go to work and earn a living.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

You mean the soft semi-romantic music playing in the background didn't sell you on their chemistry and how they should be together forever? Tough crowd!

Sorry, I had my cynical hat on. I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie about a week ago (only because it was filmed near where I grew up) and I couldn't believe how sappy and corny it was. Apologies to those who like the Hallmark movies. 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Sorry, I had my cynical hat on. I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie about a week ago (only because it was filmed near where I grew up) and I couldn't believe how sappy and corny it was. Apologies to those who like the Hallmark movies. 🙂

I like to watch exactly one of their Christmas movies each year.  After Thanksgiving, thank you very much.  More than that and it's just too much.  And I don't watch their movies other times of the year.  Because you're rght. Too sappy.  But, that's good for when I'm trying to get into a Christmas mood.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh I see Brando is around. It's okay to send him to get his skis, show.

Is that an AMC reference?  Granted, I don't watch as much as I used to, but I regularly forget about his existance.  And when i remember, i don't much care.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You know, Michael and Willow, it's okay to say no to your tyrant of a son. Ugh. I don't find "Wiley wants what he wants when he wants it" charming or cute at all.

"Wiley has a very specific vision--we can't let strangers handle this."  I mean, ignoring the fact Wiley is *2* this is a great way to insure he grows up to be the male version of Veruca Salt.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Sasha with Cyrus makes my skin crawl (I liked the sparks with Brando though) but still better than Willow and Michael. Millow are so lame, they can't even have a proper paint fight. They are badly written fanfiction.

Wylie is 2 and pre-verbal. How exactly did he communicate his lifelong desire to be an astronaut?  Also word to Willow-the-teacher, not all stars are yellow. Some are blue, blue-green, white or orange. Others are red but Superman loses his power with those. Just get some glow-in-the-dark stickers for the ceiling, they're way cooler.

I can see that Michael was so impressed by Spencer that he wants to have one of his own.  Way to go, Michael!

If there is a way to drag out Nina's child reveal any longer, I can't think of one.

I liked the symbolism of Liz in a white shirt vs Franco in dark purple.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I honestly don't. If this were years ago, I'd get it, but Franco and Jason barely interact these days. Franco is suddenly going to decide to mess with Jason by telling him his brain tumor returned and please kill him if things go south? I have no problem with Jason still hating Franco, but the rest makes no sense.

I would agree but James Franco came on the show with a totally irrational obsession with Jason. Also nothing about Jason makes sense.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I kind of dig the idea of Sasha and Cyrus, if only for how outraged it makes everyone.

I'm about his age and not sure whether to applaud him or call him a "cradle-robber/dirty-old-man." So conflicted.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Katy M said:
4 hours ago, Benji said:

I like to watch exactly one of their Christmas movies each year.  After Thanksgiving, thank you very much.  More than that and it's just too much.  And I don't watch their movies other times of the year.  Because you're rght. Too sappy.  But, that's good for when I'm trying to get into a Christmas mood.

I have always been a big Christmas move fan.☃️ And if there was ever a year where we needed two straight months of them it's 2020.

• Love 3

I am so completely squigged out by Willow and Michael. I mean, physically repulsed by them. Each time they have been on my screen flirting, I felt gross. I would actually say, "eww" most of the time. So that scene today? Oh. My. Gosh. I need brain bleach.  The two of them are about as hot as Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining. They have all the chemistry of a kindergarten music class. And what on earth is with Willow calling him hot? Nathan was hot. Curtis is hot. Chase is hot. My gosh, ever Jason as been hot. Michael is not hot. Michael has never been hot. You'd have to set him on fire for him to ever be hot. Please quit trying, writers. It isn't working. 

I'm off to research lobotomies now because I need something to make me forget the nastiness that was Willow and Michael today.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

Michael and Willow are just so . . . . . blah! They are just there. I don't care for them. They are fine. If ppl like them, cool, but I wish they would be put on the backburner already. I have no interest in their romance. And I just don't care for the way they write Michael. He's not very assertive. He's so mealy-mouthed and weak. Instead of saying, "Willow, do you want to sign these annulment papers," why don't they have him saying, "Look, Willow.  . . . I like you. I want this to be a real relationship. How do you feel?"  I loved the way Nikolas approached Ava a couple of weeks ago. The way Michael has approached Willow is like a teen or a boy who's never been in a relationship. 

So, I wonder if Chase decides to not tell the truth since he caught them kissing? I don't really care but I'm sick of this "secret." Someone needs to tell the truth - Carly, Chase, Brook Lynn - so it's done already. Willow can be torn btw boring Michael and charming Chase. We all know she's gonna choose Michael, so I hope that doesn't play out forever either! 

I was kind of feeling Sasha/Cyrus too! I suspect she's gonna OD. That may motivate Carly to tell the truth . . . not like Michael would care. 

I guess this Nelle secret is gonna drag out until 2021! OMG. Can someone tell Nina who her daughter is so she can shut up about it?!?!?! 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

So, I wonder if Chase decides to not tell the truth since he caught them kissing? I don't really care but I'm sick of this "secret." Someone needs to tell the truth - Carly, Chase, Brook Lynn - so it's done already. Willow can be torn btw boring Michael and charming Chase. We all know she's gonna choose Michael, so I hope that doesn't play out forever either! 

At this point, I don't really care if he tells her or not. Seems that since they've consummated (they did didn't they? I wasn't paying that close of attention but I thought's that what preceded the we're so compatible speech) their marriage, it seems the decision has been made.  I just hope Chase isn't mad about the whole thing because Michael and Willow did nothing wrong.

Willow to Michael: I thought you were hot. I'm so attracted to you. And more undeserved compliments thrown Michael's way because he is Michael and everyone must slobber over him. 

Me: *barf* You stupid blind girl.

So that whole thing was an epic fail. There was nothing romantic or sexy about that. Like a big fat nada. 

Dear show. It's supposed to be love in the afternoon, not horror in the afternoon.

I'm assuming the annulment is off the table now that uglies were bumped.

Cyrus's reaction about Sacha's OD in his living room was sort of funny. How dare you die in my house! Dude, you gave her the drugs, you took her back to your place. I'll take him saying words in French over JSP any day of the week, though. The way he said coq-au-vin made me wanna have coq-au-vin.

Madeleine is such a cheap ass. Couldn't she spring for something more comfortable than a bus ride from NYC to the Florida boonies. Nina didn't even ask what the name the baby was called before she was handed over.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I just hope Chase isn't mad about the whole thing because Michael and Willow did nothing wrong.

Not at them. He might be mad at Brook Lynn for dragging him over there lol.

Hurry

Up

With 

This

Fucking

Nina

Shit

Pardon

My 

French

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Even reading a book to Avery, Sonny sounds menacing. Why does no one tell MB he needs to be aware of his tone?

"This marriage chose us." Hardly. Willow and Michael could have said it's ridiculous and unnecessary.

Michael at the gym in his baggy long shorts is hot? Willow, you are having some sort of adverse reaction to something if you think that.

6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And I just don't care for the way they write Michael. He's not very assertive.

It's all so lame. Both of them tap dance around what they really want to say, and it's so aggravating. Willow could be straightforward with Chase; why can't she with Michael? He's about as intimidating as a newborn puppy, and nowhere near as appealing.

"You've got some moves, Mr. Corinthos." Reader, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I just hope Chase isn't mad about the whole thing because Michael and Willow did nothing wrong.

If Chase is mad at anyone, it will be himself for not speaking up sooner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Willow to Michael: I thought you were hot. I'm so attracted to you. And more undeserved compliments thrown Michael's way because he is Michael and everyone must slobber over him. 

Me: *barf* You stupid blind girl.

So that whole thing was an epic fail. There was nothing romantic or sexy about that. Like a big fat nada. 

Dear show. It's supposed to be love in the afternoon, not horror in the afternoon.

The only good thing about those scenes is that for a change Willow looked like an adult woman instead of a Disney Princess. And for once wardrobe put the Brooke Lynn character in something flattering, it only took two different actresses to get it right.

• Love 5

Color me legit shocked Sonny realizes what he did to Karen Wexler was wrong. Too bad Scott wasn't around to hear it. Maybe the next time Scott brings up Karen to Sonny he won't wave it away like he had nothing to do with it, or act like Scott is so mean to hang onto his hate.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Cyrus's reaction about Sacha's OD in his living room was sort of funny. How dare you die in my house! Dude, you gave her the drugs, you took her back to your place.

I know. It's not entirely unforeseeable that someone might react badly. Sasha's coke trip and subsequent OD was so UCG. Sofia Mattson does not have the chops for a scene like that, unfortunately.

Chase walking in on Michael and Willow and Carly realizing that Nelle is Nina's kid were pretty soap cliffhangers to end on.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think that was amazingly self-aware of Sonny to say that nobody was giving them awards for their jobs.  Although they practically do.

I found it amusing that they didn't go too far down the Karen Wexler road. At least there's some retconning restraint. I thought Jason should have had slightly more reaction, though, brain damage or not. 

41 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I guess this Nelle secret is gonna drag out until 2021! OMG. Can someone tell Nina who her daughter is so she can shut up about it?!?!?! 

I really thought we were there today . . . then no. But on the other hand, do we really need Nina joining the Let's Sit Around All Day and Talk About Nothing But Wiley's Wonderfulness Club? 

30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Even reading a book to Avery, Sonny sounds menacing. Why does no one tell MB he needs to be aware of his tone?

I thought he sounded like he didn't know how to read, and I was wondering if he'd ever read to his own kids that badly. 

• Love 2

Carly: "Because I'm the best friend in the world." [cue vomit icon]

Willow: "You've got some moves, Mr. Corinthos." [more vomit icon]  I legit cannot take any more Michael and Willow. Or Michael period.

Jason telling Sonny how great he is for not running drugs [vomit icon #3]. If they're not running drugs, how do they make their money?

Who is Avery's mother whose favourite colour is mud brown? Surely not Ava who has wonderful taste.

44 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And I just don't care for the way they write Michael. He's not very assertive. He's so mealy-mouthed and weak. Instead of saying, "Willow, do you want to sign these annulment papers," why don't they have him saying, "Look, Willow.  . . . I like you. I want this to be a real relationship. How do you feel?"  I loved the way Nikolas approached Ava a couple of weeks ago. The way Michael has approached Willow is like a teen or a boy who's never been in a relationship.

In the hands of another writer or even another actor, this would have been pure love in the afternoon. Here it was just squicky.

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. It's not entirely unforeseeable that someone might react badly. Sasha's coke trip and subsequent OD was so UCG. Sofia Mattson does not have the chops for a scene like that, unfortunately.

Sofia Mattson is a beautiful woman. But she's a long way from having the acting ability to make that character work.

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Chase walking in on Michael and Willow and Carly realizing that Nelle is Nina's kid were pretty soap cliffhangers to end on.

So was Sasha having a heart attack in Cyrus apartment. "For god's sake, not here." 😆

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Color me legit shocked Sonny realizes what he did to Karen Wexler was wrong. Too bad Scott wasn't around to hear it. Maybe the next time Scott brings up Karen to Sonny he won't wave it away like he had nothing to do with it, or act like Scott is so mean to hang onto his hate.

Probably just blame Scott for not knowing Karen was his daughter in his failure to protect her from predators, like he did right after Karen died.

• Love 2

So... They just consummated their marriage in Wiley's room?

I mean, they have zero chemistry, they only got married because of the kid, and now they had sex in the nursery!?!?!?

This is just so many levels of EWW.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael at the gym in his baggy long shorts is hot? Willow, you are having some sort of adverse reaction to something if you think that.

If that's her definition of hot, she must think Velveeta on Wonder Bread is a 'romantic dinner.'  It's amazing that Willow was fun and interesting with Chase, but now she's been sucked into the Charisma Void that is Michael.  Not sure anyone ever recovers from that.  Maybe a crane hitting her is a better option.  Or I guess she could hope for a new serial killer to hit town.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If that's her definition of hot, she must think Velveeta on Wonder Bread is a 'romantic dinner.'  It's amazing that Willow was fun and interesting with Chase, but now she's been sucked into the Charisma Void that is Michael.  Not sure anyone ever recovers from that.  Maybe a crane hitting her is a better option.  Or I guess she could hope for a new serial killer to hit town.

Michael is vegenaise. A triangle between Willow, Chase and Michael will be a very hard sell. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

A triangle between Willow, Chase and Michael will be a very hard sell. 

Especially when we know MIchael will come out the winner.

This story is so ridiculous.  Wiley is the main thing that keeps Willow and Michael together, not some other emotional connection.

• Love 8