Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

I've concluded that Sam is in a cult, the Corinthos cult. She genuinely can't see what Jason, his job and his BFFs are like and how illegal what they are doing is. As soon as Sonny calls, Jason comes running and he doesn't care if he puts his ostensible family in danger.

Sam is also incredibly stupid. How many times did Alexis tell her that she's drinking because she feels helpless and hopeless and all Sam does is yell at her and threaten her with even more loss.

Second on the stupid list (it's a long list for this episode) is Lulu, who started yelling at Britt in the middle of the Floating Rib for things that happened years ago.  Put a lid on it, Lulu, adults don't yell at people for grudges from years ago. Then she decides to right that Big Bad Cyrus is firing people because he doesn't like Saint Sonny. You do know that Sonny is a mob boss just like Cyrus, right Lulu? Just because your friends and relatives have been drinking the kool-aid doesn't mean that the Inquirer's audience has too.

Julian has been stupid for a long time so today is no great revelation. He needs to accept that he has to get out of town and disappear for a while. Hey Julian, hand Charley's over to Alexis for a while (win-win since it keeps it safe for you and gives her something to do to push her to sober up. she can  hire staff so that she's not tempted all the time) and disappear for a few years till Sonny cools off.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

threaten her with even more loss.

I don't think Sam is wrong to keep the kids away from Alexis while she's drinking, but to threaten to never let them see her again is a bit extreme. How about just for as long as Alexis doesn't get help? But Sam isn't exactly one for nuance.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

hand Charley's over to Alexis for a while (win-win since it keeps it safe for you and gives her something to do to push her to sober up. she can  hire staff so that she's not tempted all the time

How would working in a gastropub not tempt Alexis? She has to be there to interview potential staff.

10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

For some reason I can’t remember what Sonny found out about Julian that would make J have to leave town. Can anyone enlighten me? 

Julian knew Brad and Nelle switched babies.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maxie: snore. Also, my hand is magnetized to my stomach.

"I have to remind everyone I'm pregnant!"

• Love 4

To let us hear how girl reporter Lulu writes? (scoff) Whatever that was that she sent, it wasn't something an actual JOURNALIST would want under his or her byline. 

yeah-- that was more like a reddit post.... or a blind item in a poorly written gossip column. what  Port Charles hospital chief is firing people close to which noted *wink* businessman... 

Also, why does everyone hijack the Haunted Star? After Shilo did it-- you'd think they'd hide the keys or secure the anchor.. or something. There's got to be a more maneuverable mode of transport than a 40 year old yacht.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

gastropub

I hate this word as a description of Charley's .  It sounds like Gastroenterologist, which reminds me of IBS, which nauseates me rather than making me crave avocado toast.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Also, why does everyone hijack the Haunted Star?

Was it the HS? It's gotten a makeover since the last time we saw it, hasn't it? 

Does Lulu still own it? She needs to keep a slightly firmer hand on it if so, LOL.

16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I hate this word as a description of Charley's .  It sounds like Gastroenterologist, which reminds me of IBS, which nauseates me rather than making me crave avocado toast.

I'm with you. It makes me think of people having really bad gas and explosive diarrhea. Both of which, by the way, might be more interesting storylines than most of what they currently have going on.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And hey, Britt, rocking a cute casual look with better hair!

Oops, what I thought was a T-shirt is a blouse over another skirt.

Which...she's playing pool in a dive, why can't she wear some jeans.  So silly.

Britt's heading back to the hospital again to work some more. She was just taking a break to play pool and be hassled by Jason and Lulu. 

How would Jason even know how long hours Monica put in as CoS? He never paid any attention to her.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

For some reason I can’t remember what Sonny found out about Julian that would make J have to leave town. Can anyone enlighten me? 

Julian was on the pier with Nelle and Wylie. Ava surmised that Sonny would figure out that it had to be Julian who kidnapped Wylie that night while Nelle was at the Nurses' Ball.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

How would working in a gastropub not tempt Alexis? She has to be there to interview potential staff.

That's why I said that she would have to hire people to run it so she's not by the bottles all the time. But she could oversee it, make sure the kitchen was running  smoothly and ordering was done. Kristina could be the frontperson.

Alexis is drinking because she feels like she has nothing else  in her life; she lost her profession because of Neil and then she lost Neil. Her children don't really need her any more and she sees her life as a long string of endless mistakes and bad decdecision. Her body is giving out on her. Even her AA buddy Finn doesn't have time for her.

Alexis needs something to live for and keeping the pub going for Julian or maybe Leo could do it.

I hate the storyline even more than I hated Sonny yelling at Mike.

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Britt's heading back to the hospital again to work some more. She was just taking a break to play pool and be hassled by Jason and Lulu. 

Oh Britt, girl, if you're taking a lunch break, maybe skip the bar that tends to be frequented by people who hate you and swing by Pentonville to bring Brad some magazines.

I actually thought the color of the top looked nice on her. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Monica, since she's still their grandmother. 

Oh, yeah, I forgot she's unemployed now.  Though, I really don't think she's physically prepared to do all the moment by moment work of caring for children all day.  Leo's nanny has been doing that since... well since Drew left Sam and she stopped actually caring for her own children.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Julian was on the pier with Nelle and Wylie. Ava surmised that Sonny would figure out that it had to be Julian who kidnapped Wylie that night while Nelle was at the Nurses' Ball.

This whole storyline is so eye-roll worthy. Brad already said he wasn't giving Julian up. Julian needed to tell Nelle to pound sand from the beginning. It was his word against hers. But he didn't and let her Blackmail him into marrying her. Okay. So now, come "clean" by saying she was threatening to make up a story about you knowing all along and you assumed she would be believed since everyone hates you, but when she tried to kidnap Wiley, that was it for you. You realized what she was up to and tried to stop her, but Taggert interfered. In jail, Nelle told Ryan of her stupid plot regarding Julian knowing about Wiley and Ryan tried to get in on it as a way to get to Ava. The fact that neither Ava nor Julian came up with this story is ridiculous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Today on Paraphrase Hospital......

Sam:  Mom, my lips and I are angry at you for drinking.  DO YOU HEAR ME MOM.  I'M GOING TO SPEAK VERY LOUDLY, WHICH IS UNUSUAL FOR ME, SO YOU CAN HEAR ME IN YOUR DRUNKEN STATE.

Alexis:  I know you are but what am I.  Also, your married to Jason and he kills people

Sam: HOW DARE YOU.  MY LIPS AND I ARE OUTRAGED THAT YOU WOULD TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT MY HUSBAND'S PROFESSION.  YOU WILL HURT MY CHILDREN.  STAY AWAY.  ALSO, I'M TELLING MOLLY AND KRISTINA, NEENER NEENER

Alex:  Look, I dragged Maxie over to help plan our wedding that should have been planned 5758 months ago

Finn: <into the phone to Anna>  Ixnay on the LexAy, at the ousehay with Axiemay

Anna:  Robert, Alex is at the house with Finn and Maxie and Timmy may have fallen in the well

Anna;  Oh no Finn, you've been shot.  Alex is where?  Paramedics, you got this, gotta go, shot fiance, Luv ya

Robert:  Anna......where the bloody hell.....

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How would Jason even know how long hours Monica put in as CoS? He never paid any attention to her.

LOL, more like long hours watching Scout and Danny. 

So, let me get this straight: Olivia rifled thru Alexis's purse and Sam is fine with that because "you were in her house?"  Oh, hell no, girl.  Though I wish Alexis had responded "of course you were" when Sam said "I was taking Scout and Danny to the Quartermaines."  When is she NOT taking them to the Q Daycare Center of Port Charles? 

ETA: I feel like Sam's ultimatum about Scout and Danny had more to do with HER deflecting because Alexis served her up some hard truths about Jason and Sonny than actually doing something to scare Alexis straight. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7
On 11/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, lala2 said:

No, they write Sonny like a man

This is highly subjective. I'm pretty sure the only way he behaves like an adult/man is that he actually does his own cooking. He has Jason or other mostly off-screen minions handle stuff. 

On 11/4/2020 at 8:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Also, niiiiiice, how Robin isn’t even mentioned during the back and forth between them. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 

This alone should have made Maxie and Peter wonder at the very least if Anna had suffered a head injury. 

On 11/5/2020 at 6:03 PM, ulkis said:

Peter putting his hand on his chest when Maxie played the audio for him was so corny. At least they telegraphed something happening to the baby. THIS BABY IS 100 PERCENT MY CHANCE TO BE A NEW MAN oh hey Maxie where's my nephew/your son?

Show writers had the same kind of script for GV's Lucky when Elizabeth was pregnant with Jake (before he knew about her ONS w/Jason). All of a sudden, it was like Cam - who? OUR BABY IS MY CHANCE FOR US TO START OVER, THIS IS OUR CHILD, I'M COMMITTED TO RECOVERY SO I CAN BE A FATHER TO MY CHILD.  The writers tried to walk it back later with Lucky calling Cam "my son," and saying "I got to be your daddy" once JJ took over.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:02 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why was Lulu so screechy with Dante?

Why is she acting as if Dante decided to ditch their marriage, kids, because he couldn’t deal with it? When the TRUTH is he was suffering from PTSD???!!😒😒

Lord, are Maxie and Heinrik stupid. Has Anna EVER spoken to them as if Heinrik is her only spawn? Or that this would be her first grandchild? I always fast forward, but wouldn’t she talk about how excited Emma and Noah would be over their new cousin? Or how happy Robin is?

I also disliked that. Lulu was acting like she's with Dustin now to punish Dante for abandoning their family, not because she really loves the guy and is no longer in love with Dante. 

Yes, they are stupid. It made me think Maxie had never heard of Anna having a twin sister. I know that Heinrik/Peter knew about the memory mapping project and that Anna has a twin; is this the first time he's ever been face-to-face with Alex? The comment that he should look after Maxie because "she's carrying my grandchild" should have really worried/upset him; he knows that Anna really loves Maxie.

2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Drew left Sam and she stopped actually caring for her own children.  

I, for one, was impressed that Sam could actually remember both kids names, to give Alexis the ultimatum. It seems like such an empty threat; the last time I can recall Alexis being in the same room with Scout was when Alexis and Drew were speaking in his office and Scout had become a little girl who could color/scribble in the background (as opposed to a baby unmoved by sickly-looking Oscar, the last time she was seen).  I have no idea when she last interacted with Danny on-screen.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

ETA: I feel like Sam's ultimatum about Scout and Danny had more to do with HER deflecting because Alexis served her up some hard truths about Jason and Sonny than actually doing something to scare Alexis straight. 

We know that Sam can't handle any criticism when it comes to her relationship (or non relationship) with Jason. But it's been feeling like JaSam are headed for a break up for a bit now. Between him not telling her what he knew about Peter because he didn't think about it and Alexis calling her out on sleeping beside a hitman (Kristina called her out on it and told her she would never be his priority) and now him going to pick up Julian for Sonny . . . it just seems like they're starting to pile on a bunch of reasons for a break up.

And I'm not gonna lie, I thought there was a spark between Britt and Jason. 

• Love 6

What an incredibly bad job Finn did getting Maxie out of the house.  Why didn't he just say, "Hey Maxie, Violet is away tonight so I'd like some alone time with Anna.  Can you come back tomorrow?".  Something that didn't evoke a shrieking argument from Maxie. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2

Hey Jason, you might not know this as a MOB HITMAN, but people relocating for a better career opportunity is actually a pretty common occurrence.  But I guess something did happen in Boston that might have given Cyrus leverage on Britt, which I'm kinda interested to see unfold.

And more of Lulu as fiction's worst journalist.  Writing exposes about people you hate just because you hate them is not gold-star journalism.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ah Girl Reporter, you never fail me with your displays of professionalism.

So to note, she writes an article that is unproven, has no sources and no evidence to back her theories. He boss clearly points that out, and actually gives an idea to write what could be a series of in-depth, personal and highly moving articles that would have a longer term impact, but not as flashy as her CYRUS IS RUNNING DRUGS THRU GH.

Then she decides to go harass Brit the new Chief handpicked by Cyrus who she could have tried to cultivate as a source or at least get some information to use for her BIG STORY

Finally, after a two minute conversation with Jason, she ignores everything that Peter said, and decided to use Jason's theory as her own and decided to use him as her unnamed source. First of all, Jason is not a reliable source and second he did not agree to go on or off the record for Girl Reporter's last attempt at pretending to be an investigative journalist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Something that didn't evoke a shrieking argument from Maxie. 

Good luck with that!

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey Jason, you might not know this as a MOB HITMAN, but people relocating for a better career opportunity is actually a pretty common occurrence.  But I guess something did happen in Boston that might have given Cyrus leverage on Britt, which I'm kinda interested to see unfold.

That exchange cracked me up. I guess Jason has his dream job so he can't imagine being anywhere else.

49 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Then she decides to go harass Brit the new Chief

Britt beat her to the punch, actually, by saying she knew Lulu was going to pile on the hate, so Lulu's "bone to pick" was very effectively neutralized. I don't really get what that whole thing was supposed to be about. To remind us that Lulu hates Britt? They rarely interact anymore, so there's little point, IMO.

• Love 1

Britt beat her to the punch, actually, by saying she knew Lulu was going to pile on the hate, so Lulu's "bone to pick" was very effectively neutralized. I don't really get what that whole thing was supposed to be about. To remind us that Lulu hates Britt? They rarely interact anymore, so there's little point, IMO.

How about Lulu's snotty "That was no accident" when Britt noted she was surprised they hadn't bumped into each other yet.  Was that supposed to be some big burn?  Was Britt supposed to be offended that Lulu...didn't scream in her face the second she got back to town?

ETA...also, Britt spelled it out herself, the only team she's on is #teambritt.  So why not play that angle?  Offer her some crazy research funds or a guaranteed senior job at the hospital if she helps oust Cyrus.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

How about Lulu's snotty "That was no accident" when Britt noted she was surprised they hadn't bumped into each other yet.  Was that supposed to be some big burn?

I know! Lulu is as effective there as she is as a reporter, LOL.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, right now Alexis doesn't mind being tempted at all, so... But no seriously my recovering alcoholic uncle owned a bar.   He was in a better place with his sobriety than Alexis is but it didn't seem to be problem.   I think the day drinkers in particular were a real reminder that he could own the bar or frequent the bar he couldn't do both.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If nothing else, Friday’s show proved to me that Robert should have remained at the WSB as its agent (however ludicrous it would be for someone his age still being an operative-but hey TV!) as I watched him and Anna working together. Shades of GH Espionage: Scorpio Edition, when they went looking for Robin in 2013.

Finola did an amazing job portraying Alex with those crazy/insane eye expression at the end. I thought: ‘She be cray-cray!’

When did Julian become so stupid and a coward? Stupid as to saying how can Taggert be alive? He was killed! I won’t get into how he could make calls from that phone, when presumably, it would lock after a few minutes, since it’s Trina’s phone!

And him being scared of Mooby???!!! When did that happen? When he was sent to prison?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And him being scared of Mooby???!!! When did that happen? When he was sent to prison?

They've almost always had Julian be afraid of Sonny. I think it started in earnest when it seemed like viewers like Julian, so of course he had to be thrown under the bus so Sonny wouldn't be overshadowed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They've almost always had Julian be afraid of Sonny. I think it started in earnest when it seemed like viewers like Julian, so of course he had to be thrown under the bus so Sonny wouldn't be overshadowed.

It just seems to me, or rather, I seem to recall that he didn’t used to give a shit what Mooby threatened to do to him. Didn’t Mooby say he would kill him if he didn’t donate or test his bone marrow when Danny had cancer? Or that he refused because he said that if he did, then Mooby could kill him? So he wouldn’t as long as he was alive, Danny had a chance? Or maybe I’m misremembering or mixing plots!🤣🤣🤣

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It just seems to me, or rather, I seem to recall that he didn’t used to give a shit what Mooby threatened to do to him. Didn’t Mooby say he would kill him if he didn’t donate or test his bone marrow when Danny had cancer? Or that he refused because he said that if he did, then Mooby could kill him? So he wouldn’t as long as he was alive, Danny had a chance? Or maybe I’m misremembering or mixing plots!🤣🤣🤣

Julian donated his marrow to save Danny's life before knowing that was his grandson. I think that Julian told Sonny that he couldn't kill him because of Danny and Sam demanded for him to bank extra marrow in case Danny got ill again. But he refused because then Sonny would have him killed.

I think because Julian did act weasely about the bone marrow thing at one point.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If nothing else, Friday’s show proved to me that Robert should have remained at the WSB as its agent (however ludicrous it would be for someone his age still being an operative-but hey TV!) as I watched him and Anna working together. Shades of GH Espionage: Scorpio Edition, when they went looking for Robin in 2013.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I've enjoyed the last couple of days immensely. The Anna/Robert/Alex stuff has shades of old-school GH action/adventure from the 70s/80s heyday.  Also (not sure this needs a spoiler bar) - am I to understand that Frisco has re-activated Dante to protect Maxie from Peter? If so, I'm shame-faced to just be figuring that out.🤨

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Also (not sure this needs a spoiler bar) - am I to understand that Frisco has re-activated Dante to protect Maxie from Peter? If so, I'm shame-faced to just be figuring that out.🤨

As I understand it, Obrecht seduced Dante's therapist to let Dante out in order to go to Port Charles and take care of Peter since Peter framed her for his crimes. There were some drugs involved there so I'm not sure that Dante is entirely doing it out of his own free will. They hinted that the therapist would follow Dante to PC which I would enjoy since he's nice eye candy.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think because Julian did act weasely about the bone marrow thing at one point.

He basically blackmailed Sonny not to kill him because of the bone marrow thing. It was the smart thing to do, but it was pretty weaselly, and Julian took a lot of grief for it. But it kept him alive, and it's not as if Julian is a stranger to scorn.

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Obrecht seduced Dante's therapist

As one does, of course.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Then again, who the hell is Sam to DEMAND that Julian bank his bone marrow.  Yeah, she had a sick kid and was worried that he might relapse, but there are other ways to not be an asshole and get good results.  Sam, however, learned her people skills form Jason and Sonny since her personality transplant while pregnant with baby Lila.

• Love 5

I don't really blame Sam for being harsh with Julian about the bone marrow. It did save her kid's life, despite her neglect of him after that. 

What I really hated was how Sam somehow held the banking against Julian when she was the one who was so demanding in the first place. Julian definitely took advantage of the situation (not that I blame him; he needs all he can get), but Sam was so ungrateful from the start. Ugh. I don't understand how I'm supposed to like her. She's awful.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't really blame Sam for being harsh with Julian about the bone marrow. It did save her kid's life, despite her neglect of him after that. 

What I really hated was how Sam somehow held the banking against Julian when she was the one who was so demanding in the first place. Julian definitely took advantage of the situation (not that I blame him; he needs all he can get), but Sam was so ungrateful from the start. Ugh. I don't understand how I'm supposed to like her. She's awful.

I never felt for Sam during that time period. She could just as easily have asked Sonny to not go after Julian if he agreed to bank his bone marrow and she didn’t. Also, banking his bone marrow was an experimental procedure from what I remember. There’s no guarantee it would have worked so Sam should have wanted Julian alive just as a safeguard anyway. 

• Love 3

The whole discussion of bone marrow banking shows how warped the morality of the show is under the Sonny idolatry.

In a world of laws, Julian shouldn't have to refuse to bank his bone marrow as insurance so that Sonny doesn't murder him some day because he feels like it.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I've enjoyed the last couple of days immensely. The Anna/Robert/Alex stuff has shades of old-school GH action/adventure from the 70s/80s heyday.  🤨

The Anna/Robert scenes have been on point and I massively loved Robert's asking Anna how she wanted to handle their going after Alexand she immediately said that they were Finn and Maxie's best chances of rescue--fabulous 🙂  I did appreciate Finn's trying to wrestle the gun away from Alex but I think we all knew that wasn't going to end well.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Poor Finn. And, that shirt was new, too. Hopefully, Maxie will get a clue while being held hostage about Peter. I just can’t with him and her. Ugh! I like that Robert & Anna work together although I thought it was rude of her to slip out the back door.  I like seeing Dante again but I’m still trying to figure out how the LuLu thing plays out. It looks like Julian (and, Ava) are going to be in Sonny’s crosshairs. Once again, Sonny comes out the victor. Why???????? Finally, can we just kill Cyrus and move on already. I want my GH hospital back and running like a real hospital. I remember the good ole days when Rick, Lesley, Gail & Audrey would meet in the cafeteria for lunch while Monica would pop in to set up her rendezvous with Rick with Alan on their tail. Good memories. 

• Love 4
On 11/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, sacrebleu said:

yeah-- that was more like a reddit post.... or a blind item in a poorly written gossip column. what  Port Charles hospital chief is firing people close to which noted *wink* businessman... 

Also, why does everyone hijack the Haunted Star? After Shilo did it-- you'd think they'd hide the keys or secure the anchor.. or something. There's got to be a more maneuverable mode of transport than a 40 year old yacht.

Who in the heck owns the Haunted Star anymore?

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Who in the heck owns the Haunted Star anymore?

Girl Reporter.

But I don't why. She only lets it be rented once or twice a year for some party or have it be empty on the harbor for one of Port Charles criminal to use it as sloooowww getaway.

27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Girl Reporter.

But I don't why. She only lets it be rented once or twice a year for some party or have it be empty on the harbor for one of Port Charles criminal to use it as sloooowww getaway.

Thanks. I love that you can say girl reporter and I know exactly who you’re talking about. Too funny! I had forgotten Luke passed it on to her. 

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Remember how Johnny gave [REDACTED] half of it to make up for killing [REDACTED], but as soon as [REDACTED] was off the show, they just forgot about it?

No.  🙂  I would like to know what you are talking about though.

I thought Nik gave her the money? Or "loaned" it to her knowing he'd never get it back.

Lulu's Ownership

When Luke and Ethan left town in 2011, Luke's daughter. Lulu, asked her brother Nikolas Cassadine for money to buy the Star. Nikolas gave her all the money that she needed, and she bought the casino. In 2012, Johnny went into business with Lulu with plans to turn the yacht into a nightclub.

From the GH Wiki, which can be taken with a grain of salt.  I thought there were money woes, like she was paying Nik back (ha, ha), and that's why she joined forces with Johnny, but that's pretty hazy in my memory. 

• Useful 1