Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

I thought it was hilarious that Sonny, for all of his posturing to Ryan, that he would end him if Ryan continued to bother him or his family or play games against them, that in a nano second Cyrus ends it all by having someone stab Ryan in the back, about 6 minutes after Julian asked him to do something.  

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Julian:  Ryan's a big meanie who has a boatload of shit on me.  Do something about it would ya

Cyrus:  Done

Sonny:  Stop playing games with me Ryan.  You reached out to me.  I don't like that.  No one reaches out to me or my family or things that are mine, or things that belong to me or my things.  Maybe I'll just end you.  I mean, not right now or anything, but someday,  maybe.  

Ryan:  Ok, i'll just tell you this one thing

Sonny:  Ok, what is it

Ryan; <slumps over, knife in his back, courtesy of Cyrus>

Sonny:  The fuck?  I didn't order that.  Hell I was talking him to death, but I wasn't really going to do it, since I don't usually follow up my empty threats.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3

Dear Jordan, 

Regardless of how guilty one may feel, if one is the chief of police,  it is never wise to admit to being in the pocket of a powerful mobster. And it's especially unwise to offer that as an excuse for questionable actions unless you're expecting to end up definitely disgraced and possibly dead. 

Sincerely, 

Every soap viewer ever

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

First the crock pot on This is Us and now the InstaPot on GH.   My kitchen is apparently a death trap!

This show can go to hell with its slander against the InstaPot. My InstaPot is wonderful and beautiful and my love for it is unblemished. It always does exactly what it is supposed to do and has never disappointed me, unlike a certain daytime television program.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Julian:  Ryan's a big meanie who has a boatload of shit on me.  Do something about it would ya

Cyrus:  Done

Y'know, these daily summaries are more entertaining than the actual show. And for once Cyrus does something more than creepily jibber-jabber.

• Love 4

Ryan looked like he was stabbed in his hunchback. Are we sure he's dead dead?

Nina would be a lot more interesting if they stopped with the stupid search for her stupid kid. It's gone on way too long.

Boo to Portia for giving Jordan more credit that she deserves. Jordan is a dirty cop.

Anna was such an idiot not to shoot Alex. Valentin would have been nicked at worst. Gah.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna was such an idiot not to shoot Alex. Valentin would have been nicked at worst. Gah.

Seriously--right between the eyes and there's no chance she would've been able to do any real damage to Valentin. 

Wading in the shallow end of the pool over here, but I thoroughly enjoyed Chase giving us some lovely eye candy to start the show.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Preempted today for me. I’m afraid this will be the case for the rest of the week in the DC/MD/VA area.

Did you fast forward? I saw someone in that area post that the show resumed for them.

• Love 1

The writing is so shallow and infantile. Alex was an actual fleshed-out character on AMC, a surgeon. I know it is rumored that FH has said she did not like playing Alex, but to make the latter a villain for...reasons...is just lazy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Preempted today for me. I’m afraid this will be the case for the rest of the week in the DC/MD/VA area.

It came on in the DMV! It didn't air the first 5 minutes or so but then starting airing. 

I didn't get the entire 10 minutes but we saw Ava arrive at the prison and kick up a stink about not being able to see Ryan. She was told he already had a visitor. Meanwhile, Julian is with Cyrus wanting to make a deal saying that he can help Cyrus and C wants to know what help Julian expects. Sonny and Ryan do this stupid dance where Sonny is acting like a little tough kid, all the while Ryan wants to tell him something important about someone who hurt his family.

Alex stabs Valentin in the neck with a syringe, and then she and he spar verbally but he seems to be paralyzed for the time being. And then Ana shows up with a gun, and Alex tells her to lose the gun and put on the handcuffs or Valentin dies. 

Also Portia accuses Jordan of being on Cyrus' paycheck and lays out what she has pieced together.

Oh I hate that "you won't be able to kill me before I kill this other person" bullshit. Just try it! Don't be so weak! I mean Brook survived a throat slitting, I'm sure Valentin could. Ha 

What was with the dialogue about Violet looking delicious and Maxie asking don't you just want to eat them, with the sonogram pics? That all just sounded weird to me. Idk if that's normal when talking about cute kids though. Lol 

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Added more
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

I didn't get the entire 10 minutes but we saw Ava arrive at the prison and kick up a stink about not being able to see Ryan. She was told he already had a visitor. Meanwhile, Julian is with Cyrus wanting to make a deal saying that he can help Cyrus and C wants to know what help Julian expects. Sonny and Ryan do this stupid dance where Sonny is acting like a little tough kid, all the while Ryan wants to tell him something important about someone who hurt his family.

Alex stabs Valentin in the neck with a syringe, and then she and he spar verbally but he seems to be paralyzed for the time being. And then Ana shows up with a gun, and Alex tells her to lose the gun and put on the handcuffs or Valentin dies. 

Also Portia accuses Jordan of being on Cyrus' paycheck and lays out what she has pieced together.

So all I missed was Alex stabbing Valentin, then.

Got a ticker that the full episode should be available at abc.com at 8:00 EST.

Well, congratulations Frank, for ruining another good character. While I’m sure Finola is loving not having to only play a wimpy, constantly crying, self delusional Anna, I don’t recognize this Alex. Just another caricature.

I did notice that Alex says “Petaah” while Anna actually pronounces the “r” in Heinrik’s name.

Also, niiiiiice, how Robin isn’t even mentioned during the back and forth between them. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 

Or that Anna is already a grandmother to Emma and Noah, when Alex was gushing over that sonogram.😒😒😒🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I guess with the pandemic, Finola couldn’t use a wig to differentiate between Anna and Alex?

Of course Jackie is divorcing Gonzo.

Jordan is just the WORST.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The writing is so shallow and infantile. Alex was an actual fleshed-out character on AMC, a surgeon.

I wondered why she was so good with the syringe  to stab Valentin in the neck to paralyze him, and then I remembered that she was a doctor.

I'm wondering how Alex got Anna and Valentine out of the house, into a vehicle and into the current death trap all by herself. (or did Johnny's guys finally find new work?)

Also, I'm wondering if villains have developed an app that shows them (when in an unfamiliar city) where the best abandoned warehouses are for criming? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

And why Taggart has to stay next door to Sonny at Kate's old place, when they have plenty of safe houses, which were rejected because the safe houses might be "compromised" if he hangs around too long?  What's the point of having (several) safe houses, anyway?  And what about the cabin in the woods, where Ava was?

So how is this going to work, you're going to put me in one of sonny's safe houses or something? Sonny's safe houses, I don't know, they can be compromised, especially if somebody stays there for a long period of time. So where am I going?

[ Sighs ] Sonny bought kate howard's old place. It's empty, but more important, it's adjacent to sonny's, so we can keep an eye on you without alerting the rest of the family.

Yeah, I'm sure Carly won't notice.

Edited by ciarra

Of course Girl Reporter meets a confidential source in a very public bar. 

Do Portia, Jordan, and Curtis realize they're all committing medical fraud? Or at the very least wasting hospital resources?

Robert's "Ew" when he heard about the gas explosion was hilarious.

• Love 2

Today on Paraphrase Hospital....

Anna:  Valentin we have to get out of here before the place explodes, but our hands are handcuffed together

Valentin: I can't move my hands because of the drugs

Anna:  Abra cadabra I've removed our handcuffs (how?  did I miss something there?)and legs cuffs and we are now going to make it outside, even though a minute ago you still couldn't move your hands because of the leftover drugs, Good thing the building didn't explode until we got out. 

Alex:  I'm cool beans with being your mom, i'm your mom, you're my son because I'm you mom. I'm your mom, did I mention in the last 10 seconds that I'm your mom.  Totally your mom, because your my son and I'm all cool beans about sleeping with Faison since that makes you my son, since I'm your mom. 

Peter:  Sure

Alex:  Also, I'm going to make you the best man that ever manned in the history being a man.  because you and I are sympatico in the mom/son thing.  

Maxie (after Alex leaves)  Is it just me or is Anna acting weird. .  

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Do Portia, Jordan, and Curtis realize they're all committing medical fraud? Or at the very least wasting hospital resources?

Really? When has that ever stopped anyone? I'm just glad they are finally moving the Cyrus story along. 

Lulu is still a not so brilliant reporter. I still hate Peter, although I thought that the actor did good work with his scenes today.

I don't care about Franco's tumor. Unless RH is on the way out, we know Franco will be saved at the 11th hour. Elizabeth will cry, Franco will ask for something from the vending machine so that he can chew and talk all at once while Terri gets her ass chewed out for keeping sikrits from Biz (what a fucking awful nickname). And the whole asking Jason to kill him was so out there, but if fucked up things start happening around PC, Jason can blame Franco and his tumah for it. Aren't there any other storylines they could have come up with for Franco aside from yet another brain tumor?

Anna and Valentin could have unplugged that cooker. It would have been easier than having to run out carrying dead weight before the whole thing exploded. 

I think I am done with my airing of grievances for now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Anna and Valentin could have unplugged that cooker. It would have been easier than having to run out carrying dead weight before the whole thing exploded. 

So, like PLOT!cheapassFrankneedingtodestroyAnna'shousetosave%%likewhenhedestroyedtheScorpiohome for unknown reasons, the set that was Anna's house has been destroyed?

Nice Lante scenes today. Dante had some of his old flirty spark. A flirty hermit emerged from a nap, but hey. Technically he did get out of isolation. And I get Lulu being mad but he can't exactly guarantee not developing ptsd.

Something strikes me as off about ER being fired. Maybe I'm just imagining things or maybe it was just a last minute budget cut but these scenes don't come off like they are writing Lulu (as opposed to ER) herself out.

Peter putting his hand on his chest when Maxie played the audio for him was so corny. At least they telegraphed something happening to the baby. THIS BABY IS 100 PERCENT MY CHANCE TO BE A NEW MAN oh hey Maxie where's my nephew/your son?

I liked him threatening Spin though. It would be pretty amazing if Peter killed him but we're stuck with Spin because he and Burton are pals. I don't hate Spin (not anymore at least lol) but that would be a shock and is there any point to him showing up every once in a while to stab a keyboard a bit? I bet Molly could help out Sam and Jason.

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, like PLOT!cheapassFrankneedingtodestroyAnna'shousetosave%%likewhenhedestroyedtheScorpiohome for unknown reasons, the set that was Anna's house has been destroyed?

no. Alex stashed them in a random warehouse. Although I would love it if Anna got another place. Way too big and fancy for her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Why was Lulu so screechy with Dante?

Why is she acting as if Dante decided to ditch their marriage, kids, because he couldn’t deal with it? When the TRUTH is he was suffering from PTSD???!!😒😒

So Looloo can just SHUT IT.🤬🤬🤬

Where is Dr. Cousins???

Lord, are Maxie and Heinrik stupid. Has Anna EVER spoken to them as if Heinrik is her only spawn? Or that this would be her first grandchild? I always fast forward, but wouldn’t she talk about how excited Emma and Noah would be over their new cousin? Or how happy Robin is?

And that he fell for Alex’s story about “seducing” (🤢🤢🤢) Faison, so nonchalantly, when since this was retconned, Anna has always been tortured over it?

Why do I let this bug me when I know nothing will change? 

Robert was the only good thing about today.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think I am done with my airing of grievances for now. 

Well, I'm not. I don't believe super spy  Anna would actually cuff herself when her sister told her to. Anyone with any brains would fake it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Am I crazy of did Alex and Peter have chemistry. I hope they go full on evil together before they are killed off. 

So I'm not the only one who noticed Alex and Peter had some very creepy, very disturbing inappropriate chemistry going on. PHEW!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ouinason said:

I died laughing when I read this line.  I did not see the show.  Was it as nonplussed as it sounds?

No, sorry.  She went on ad nauseum about how his terrible life and her terrible life were so similar but that she pulled herself out and so did he and she was so proud (again, paraphrasing a little).  At first he was all teary eyed and 'yeah that's how it was and I really connect with you now'.  And then as she kept going and seemed weirder, he stopped talking and was looking at her like 'mommy's wearing her crazy pants today'.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Today on Paraphrase Hospital....

Anna:  Valentin we have to get out of here before the place explodes, but our hands are handcuffed together

Valentin: I can't move my hands because of the drugs

Anna:  Abra cadabra I've removed our handcuffs (how?  did I miss something there?)and legs cuffs and we are now going to make it outside, even though a minute ago you still couldn't move your hands because of the leftover drugs, Good thing the building didn't explode until we got out. 

It looked like Valentin had some sort of pocket knife that was a gift from Charlotte that he was trying to pick the lock and Anna had to finish removing their cuffs because he was too uncoordinated from the drugs to do it.

13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Lord, are Maxie and Heinrik stupid. Has Anna EVER spoken to them as if Heinrik is her only spawn? Or that this would be her first grandchild? I always fast forward, but wouldn’t she talk about how excited Emma and Noah would be over their new cousin? Or how happy Robin is?

And that he fell for Alex’s story about “seducing” (🤢🤢🤢) Faison, so nonchalantly, when since this was retconned, Anna has always been tortured over it?

At least Maxie noticed that Anna was acting weird 🙂  Seriously, how obnoxious is Alex for talking about--and Peter for agreeing with her--that her and and Peter are just too special for mere mortals to understand them and how they can do whatever they want because laws don't apply to them?  That's how a supervillain talks.

I did love how Anna just walked up to Robert and asked for his phone and he didn't even pause in talking to the fireman and just handed it to her.  The level of trust and understanding between them is my favorite part of their relationship.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

A flirty hermit emerged from a nap

I can't stop laughing at this totally accurate description of DZ/Dante. (It applies to both!)

16 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

legs cuffs

Good old duct tape. Alex must have a criminal's club card for it. She's used a lot of it lately.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Previews...Sam's threat to keep Alexis away from Danny and Scout might mean more if we ever saw Alexis with Danny and Scout.  Or if we ever saw Sam with Danny and Scout for that matter.

And hey, Britt, rocking a cute casual look with better hair!

• LOL 4

"Howdy, neighbor. You got a cup of sugar I can borrow?" Hee. I hope they don't ruin Taggert completely.

Harangue the addict, Sam. That's the way to get results! Ugh, she's so awful. And her self-righteousness was unbearable, as usual. Why can't she fall off a cliff on the Pennsylvania side?

If the whole point of getting Jackie to Port Charles was to help with bringing down Cyrus, why is she flying off for a "breaking story"? Plot-wise it doesn't make any sense. If KD had some schedule issue, just have her be working off-camera. This fakakta show.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Harangue the addict, Sam. That's the way to get results! Ugh, she's so awful. And her self-righteousness was unbearable, as usual. Why can't she fall off a cliff on the Pennsylvania side?

Well, her yelling at Alexis at least made most of what she was saying intelligible today, so that's a plus. But that self-righteous behavior makes me enjoy every single snipe that Alexis makes about Jason even more, making me team Alexis, even though I don't think that was the intent of the scene.

If the whole point of getting Jackie to Port Charles was to help with bringing down Cyrus, why is she flying off for a "breaking story"? 

To let us hear how girl reporter Lulu writes? (scoff) Whatever that was that she sent, it wasn't something an actual JOURNALIST would want under his or her byline. 

• Love 6

I wonder if NLG has a real-life wrist injury, as she's had it wrapped for a lot longer than usual for soap injuries.

Ava is one to talk about digging a hole. Right now she's in better shape than Julian, but that's not saying too much.

Alex's gun was hilariously nicked and scratched.

3 minutes ago, rur said:

To let us hear how girl reporter Lulu writes? (scoff) Whatever that was that she sent, it wasn't something an actual JOURNALIST would want under his or her byline. 

Peter's idea about a story on the addicts was a good one, actually, so of course Lulu thinks it's beneath her. I had to laugh. Maybe going after Cyrus a little more indirectly will be the way he gets taken down, you nitwit. I hate that they write her as being so stupid. Par for the course for most of the women, of course, but when we have to listen to Peter tell Lulu how brilliant she is (!!), the contrast is pretty bad.

• Love 2

SBu seemed to be paying attention to his scenes with KT. It probably helps she's actually awake to speak her lines. I saw some spark there.

I hope Molly and Kristina tear Sam a new one for not telling them that Alexis is drinking again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If she fell off a cliff into water her lips would serve as a flotation device...(thank you, I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your server!)

But, yes, the best way to deal with an addict is to issue threats that are meaningless.  Good thing Sam has never done anything wrong in her life that she can balance on that high horse of hers.

• Love 10