Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

While I am no fan of Peter's, Spinelli's rant about how they "can't allow Peter to 'get' his name on that birth certificate" was just gross.

If Maxie wants Peter's name on the birth certificate, on it his name will go. And if they're married before she gives birth, Peter is the presumed father. It's all so incredibly stupid. 

36 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And LOL at Sam getting hit in the face (maybe that's why she looks so swollen?) yet again with the fact she's somewhere below getting a haircut on Jason's priorities list.  Just realizing NOW that "that's a problem?"  OK, Sam, ok.

That along with Jason being involved on his phone (which, LOL) before the Halloween discussion felt so off to me. When has Sam cared if Jason shares anything? Suddenly she's annoyed she's not getting more than the usual crumbs? If this is a set up for some dumb marriage story, include me out.

• Love 5

I agree with @ulkis.  I don't think it was LWB/FS's plan for Nathan to get killed, but he manipulated events that lured Faison out of hiding and back to Port Charles for his own selfish goals.

And yes, we've heard some whining that LWB/FS felt super bad about what happened to Nathan, but it didn't stop him at all from pursuing Maxie.  That might have been compelling, if he drew that line in the sand for himself and really wavered, but all I remember is him skipping into Maxie's apartment that Halloween in a baseball costume carefree as can be.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Actually, Lulu went to Peter with the idea of the article, with Nathan's ok.  And, when it came down to it, Faison came TO kill Peter.  There was luring involved, and Lulu and Nathan were in on that, but honestly, I don't know that Faison really gave a shit about Nathan one way or another.  AND he killed Nathan as random cop in the way, he had no clue who he was.  It was all a convoluted mess and blaming any of them at this point is stupid.  Faison killed Nathan.  Faison is to blame.  

If Peter had told Lulu and Nathan who he was, I don't think that would have stopped either one of them, just given another angle to work.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But didn't LWB/FS go to Faison's deathbed and gloat that he had masterminded it, his downfall, or something?  Gawd, it's hard to remember, or care.

It was written in that book Peter wrote using Faison's alias about how the son got revenge on the father. Peter went to Faison's hospital room (easily getting past th PCPD cop stationed outside his room) in order to gloat and basically get his father so upset that Faison ended dying. Peter wrote the book and had Jason in his back pocket with the plan to have Jason kill Faison. That was his plan.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Thank you, Dante, for being a truthteller. Yes, Peter is responsible for Nathan's death and Maxie seems to have forgotten that. But the scenes up to that point between Dante and Maxie were actually nice and that's as close as Maxie has come to being normal in a really long time. But then of course, she had to get all defensive about Peter, because everyone needs to defend Peter. And if Anna thinks that Maxie and the baby aren't enough to keep Peter good after he finds that Alex is his real mother, then what does that tell you about him, Anna? 

Robert is like sunshine.

I'm glad that Dante's back and interacting with his friends and loved ones but he's been gone for a year and half--he doesn't get to come back and question how people are living their lives now.  I do wonder if Robert is going to figure out that Dante was let out of Geneva sooner then he should have been and that something shady's going down.

I can't believe I'm about to post this, but I think Jason is right--deep down, Anna knows that Peter hasn't truly changed for the good but she wants to believe it, not only for Maxie and the baby's sake but also for her own.  Anna chose to change her life for the good and she wants Peter to have that same opportunity but I think she's afraid that if he knows his biological parents were two people intent of creating mayhem and destruction, then it will be that much harder for him to think he can change.  But all Peter has to do is look at both Nathan and Britt--their parents were both evil and Nathan was a good guy while Britt is basically un-evil.

I also question why the show has made Julian such an ineffective person--maybe Alexis' blaming him for all of the misery in her life will help him to make changes in his and actually help her for truly altruistic reasons?

• Love 4
On 10/26/2020 at 12:45 AM, Mirabelle said:

A Romeo/Juliet type story for Cam and Joss just does not work for me because LIZ DONATED JAKE'S KIDNEY TO JOSS.  When Liz was at her lowest she agreed to donate Jake's kidney to save Joss's life. I don't care if it was retconned by Jake being alive and Jax buying a kidney on the black market. Liz thought her son had died and agreed to donate his organs. Carly thought Joss had Jake's kidney for years. Carly cannot act like Cam is not good enough for her daughter without coming off as an ungrateful bitch especially since Cam has basically been written as a sweet kid since Lipton took over the role. Any misdeeds he's committed are so minor they barely register especially when this show insists that mobster Sonny the walking STD is a hero. Trying to buy drugs to help his sick friend? Cam took his punishment and was conscientious about his community service to the point of hilarity - that child was picking up garbage the day after being kidnapped. Port Charles was never cleaner than when Cameron was literally taking care of the trash. 

Joss, on the other hand, wanted her honorary hitman uncle to take out her nephew's mother.  It's too bad only Jason knows about that because Liz could object to Joss being a bad influence on Cam but that's not how the show presents Joss. 

Jason helped frame Zander for Courtney shooting that cop and Carly knew about it and kept her mouth shut. I don't even remember a scene were Sonny was even told what Courtney did, which in the end,. Now that Cam is finally of age, maybe he can now show Courtney's role in framing his father and Carly's and Jason's roles in the subsequent cover-up that led to the Port Charles Hotel's fire (which is now the Metro Court, by the by, named after Courtney).

The timeline is majorly screwed up because this is one of the times where Cameron being born before Molly is an issue. Ric and Liz were married when she was pregnant with Cam. Zander was his father, but Ric wanted his parental rights. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do wonder if Robert is going to figure out that Dante was let out of Geneva sooner then he should have been and that something shady's going down.

If Robert does figure it out, I hope he lets Dante kill Peter first.

• Love 2

Sasha's eye makeup is a giant clue she's not entirely sober, LOL. Also, I'm really tired of the women having men bail them out of their troubles. That's not fun to watch.

"I'm not doing it for my sake, I'm doing it for you." Oh, Carly, when do you ever do something that's not for you?

2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Does Olivia know that Dante is back in town?

Yes. He's living with the Qs at the moment.

• Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Sasha's eye makeup is a giant clue she's not entirely sober, LOL. Also, I'm really tired of the women having men bail them out of their troubles. That's not fun to watch.

"I'm not doing it for my sake, I'm doing it for you." Oh, Carly, when do you ever do something that's not for you?

Yes. He's living with the Qs at the moment.

Thanks!

Today on Paraphrase Hospital.....

Sasha (to Metrocourt bartender):  Hi, me and my super greasy, stringy hair and really bright shiny eyes want to drink some yummy yummy alcohol and some beers.  

Chase:  Hhhhm, my detective spidy sense is a little off but I think there might be, maybe something wrong with you today?  Maybe? 

Sasha:  JUST BECAUSE I WANT A DRINK OR 78 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY AND I LOOK AND ACT HIGHER THAN A KITE, DOES NOT  MEAN THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME.  

Chase:  Mmmkay.  Leave ya to it

• LOL 11
22 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Does Olivia know that Dante is back in town?

Yes, she had a scene with him, wearing her nightie and robe.  (Blinded by the cleavage?)  She also told Ned and Monica that Dante's back, and Dante is staying at the Q's.

• Love 1

Jackie on her wedding day:

ETA: I'm really annoyed Sasha is acting as if she had no say in the "cheating" that put Michael and Willow together. Lady, you were practically forcing them to be a couple, so you can sit down and shut up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

As someone who gets migraines from the tannin in red wine, I know that the very good bottles of red wine don't have tannin. So I may have laughed as Carly and Jax tried to pass of a middling bottle from Sonny's cellar as an impressive red wine.

6 hours ago, ouinason said:

If Peter had told Lulu and Nathan who he was, I don't think that would have stopped either one of them, just given another angle to work.

But if he had stressed how dangerous Faison was, told Lulu that as her boss he wasn't going to authorize it and asked her for her own safety not to write the story, it might have worked.

4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Jason helped frame Zander for Courtney shooting that cop and Carly knew about it and kept her mouth shut. I don't even remember a scene were Sonny was even told what Courtney did, which in the end,. Now that Cam is finally of age, maybe he can now show Courtney's role in framing his father and Carly's and Jason's roles in the subsequent cover-up that led to the Port Charles Hotel's fire (which is now the Metro Court, by the by, named after Courtney).

It would be an interesting story. But I don't think that they would do it because it would tarnish (the now sainted) Courtney and make Jason and Carly look bad. The show hobbles itself making the Corinthos Family its heroes.

• Love 4

So we finally have confirmation that Finn and Jackie slept together. But the night before she married his father? And then marrying him anyway because Finn didn’t declare his undying love? Damn that’s cold! ‘I always wanted to tell your father but now it’s too late,’ gee, ya think? But I didn’t get the sense that Chase is Finn’s son or that there’s any possibility there.

still having trouble watching KD. She doesn’t look anything like herself, even as a young woman on AMC. Don’t get me wrong, she’s beautiful. But her face barely moves (although it moves more than KeMo’s).

I’m sick to death Of Sasha anD her sadz. As others have said, she practically forced Michael and Willow together so she can take several seats with her ‘boo hoo I lost the love of my life so now I have to do coke to make up for it.’ So now Nina is going to babysit Sasha while she comes down? And then what? 

carly beating herself up over something she ‘should remember’ and then the camera cutting to nina’s heart necklace. Are we supposed to think Carly saw the necklace that Nelle was holding and will suddenly realize that Nelle was Nina's long-lost child? Spare me please.

going back to yesterday, I laughed so hard at Sam trying to talk to Jason about Halloween and Jason being all ‘huh? Wha? Did you say something? Yeah sure okay whatever you want...oh look here’s spinelli. ‘Scuse me while we talk about stuff I didn’t tell you because it never occurred to me.’ She really is insufferable and i can’t deal with her frozen, swollen face and god awful makeup! 

• Love 6

Now, on a soap that knew how to be a soap... Sasha blurting out her and Chase's plaaaaan in the Metro Court Hotel bar would have been overheard by... Someone in a position to be affected by it. 

C'mon show... Be better. 

• Love 10

Ideally it would be Willow who would decide since Nelle was found dead (on the Pennsylvania side of the river) that she no longer needs to be married to Michael which would lead to Michael taking desperate action to keep her married to him. Maybe Michael exaggerates Wiley's health issues so Willow feels she needs to stay so Wiley doesn't experience another major upheaval in his young life.  But in reality, Willow would frown a little and then go home to Michael so they could talk about their favorite cookies and maybe hold hands. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Now, on a soap that knew how to be a soap... Sasha blurting out her and Chase's plaaaaan in the Metro Court Hotel bar would have been overheard by... Someone in a position to be affected by it. 

The only people who would really care are Willow and Michael, though we all know they didn't need to get married in the first place. Ugh, it's all so stupid and boring.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

It would be overheard only if Michael was the injured party. But Michael would lose Willow if the truth came out, so everyone around Sasha's loudness was deaf.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

C'mon show... Be better. 

This. At the very least, the bartender would hear it and then mention it to someone else, who would mention it to someone else . . . so eventually everyone in town would know EXCEPT Mikey and Willow.

1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

But in reality, Willow would frown a little and then go home to Michael so they could talk about their favorite cookies and maybe hold hands. 

. . . and talk about Wiley. again. and again. and again.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I agree with @ulkis.  I don't think it was LWB/FS's plan for Nathan to get killed, but he manipulated events that lured Faison out of hiding and back to Port Charles for his own selfish goals.

And yes, we've heard some whining that LWB/FS felt super bad about what happened to Nathan, but it didn't stop him at all from pursuing Maxie.  That might have been compelling, if he drew that line in the sand for himself and really wavered, but all I remember is him skipping into Maxie's apartment that Halloween in a baseball costume carefree as can be.

I will third this. Peter/Heinrich might not have pulled the trigger but he manipulated everything to get Nathan killed. If I'm remembering correctly he somehow manipulated Maxie to come to Crimson that night knowing Nathan would follow, and Heinrich was the only one in that room wearing a bulletproof vest. 

And YES, @TeeVee329! Out of the 3454657 problems with the Peter/Heinrich neverending story the worst one is that no one seemed to take Peter to task or think it was incredibly creepy that he was pursuing romantically his dead brother's widow, who was still carrying Nathan's unborn child. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

carly beating herself up over something she ‘should remember’ and then the camera cutting to nina’s heart necklace. Are we supposed to think Carly saw the necklace that Nelle was holding and will suddenly realize that Nelle was Nina's long-lost child? Spare me please.

I'd actually been wondering why Carly HASN'T recognized it yet, since Nelle was wearing it while they were arguing in the cabin before Nelle ran off. I'm guessing that Carly will finally be triggered into the memory by seeing it in Avery's backpack or room. It will be a drag if we have a prolonged SL where she hides it from Nina because of Grandma rivalry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Willow was able to use her words when she was with Chase; why can't she with Michael? Watching those two bemoan their good luck is really not interesting to watch. It doesn't come across as smug, but it has more than a whiff of "my wallet is too small for my $50s and my diamond shoes are too tight!"

Watching Ava and Nik ineffectively spar is just as uninteresting.

• Love 5

Michael and Willow are so incredibly, painfully boring. I feel bad for the entire town of Port Charles who has to endlessly listen to them talk about their boring ass relationship. Who cares if you get an annulment? That doesn't ban you from pursuing a relationship. The writers eliminated every single stake that would force them to stay fake married. The more interesting story at this point is them finding out that Chase and Sasha lied about their affair, but its that Michael is being pushed as the romantic lead and will "win" Willow in the end.

I actually kind of like Ava and Nikolas, but getting it on with a gushing wound is beyond gross.

• Love 8

In that shower scene today when Willow disrobed in front of Michael, I said "Gross!" out loud. Didn't even realize it until my daughter came in asking what was so gross. I knew I didn't like them, but that scene was physically repulsive. Stop trying to make CD romantic lead material. He can be the sidekick/wingman but absolutely nothing about him is hot enough to play lead. Is there any other male on this show whose love scenes have been less steamy? Good grief, William Lipton is head and shoulders above him when it comes to love scenes and I'm pretty sure he can't even legally vote.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I don't know, y'all, I enjoyed today's episode immensely and may even watch parts of it again, something I rarely do. Ava and Nikolas were FIRE with the power plays and the weapon play leading to another bout of sex. I'm now firmly back on board with those two, and it helps that Ava's always reminding Nikolas that he's a jackass. Willow and Michael fantasizing about each other in the shower made me cackle, because of course those two have basic, unfulfilling sexy thoughts. They are the very definition of vanilla, but I think the weak sexual tension is a step up from endless Wiley talk.

And then Franco speaking nonsense and falling to the floor out of nowhere (brain tumor? stroke? aneurysm?) was pretty surprising and fun, too. Him and Liz staring down yet another medical challenge is better than them flirting with infidelity, IMO.

The only thing I didn't care for was Epiphany crying over the breakup with Milo, because was there anyone invested in them to start with? ("Don't make a big fuss about it," she says--DONE). Oh, and I wish I looked a fraction as "awful" as everyone finds Sasha to be right now. Her behavior is certainly frazzled but her appearance isn't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be. Give the girl a hairbrush and she'll be fine.

• Love 9

Oh, show! You really want me to believe that Michael does sit-ups? 

Willow and Michael are painful to watch, to listen to. OMG! Just stay married and fuck like rabbits. Pop out half a dozen boring children and keep having nothing in common.  If everyone else can stop dispensing advice to them about how great they are together, that'd be great. Thanks!

Epiphany and Milo and dunzo? Don't care. 

Carly leaping to Sasha's rescue? Of course, she is. Because she's Carly, and there isn't a single storyline she will not be involved in. I'm assuming she finds Sasha with Cyrus then chews him out.

I'm enjoying Ava and Nikolas. Two idiots who don't know how to behave like humans. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

In that shower scene today when Willow disrobed in front of Michael, I said "Gross!" out loud.

Me too.  Until I realized they weren't actually getting it on, just thinking of getting it on with each other.

In other weird developments, Ava accidentally stabs Nikolas in the stomach, which turns them both on, they have wild sex (which we don't see for covid reasons) then they're done and he's cleaning up his wound.  Uhm, so it was bleeding the entire time they were doing it?  

Although I did laugh at:

Ava:  Oh my god, you're bleeding

Nik; Well yeah, because I was stabbed

I other weird news, Cyrus joins Friz and Pif for Karaoke night and Brook Lynn can't sing, though she can speak very loudly, which makes no sense.  

• Love 9

I love Nava so much! They generate so much heat . . . it's ridiculous!! That stabbing/love scene was HOT!!! GH should not show them along w/Millow b/c it makes Millow PALE in comparison. I also can't stand that perpetual "duh" look on Michael's face all the time. I'm sorry, but he just looks stupid. I don't know if it's supposed to be longing or desire, but I wish Chad would choose a different look or maybe close his mouth!  LOL! He looks like a goof so much of the time. It's not cute. 

Did I say that the Nava scenes were everything?! I really enjoy those two!!

Franco's brain tumor is probably back!! Oh no!! I'm speculating about the tumor but have read some spoilers. This could be interesting as long as they don't kill him. I know I'm in the minority, but I love Franco! 

I must say I didn't see all of Carly's scenes w/Sasha but what I caught surprised me. After yesterday's preview, I wasn't sure if she would care about Sasha, but it seems she does, which is good.  Carly might be the one to tell the secret - probably after Millow has sex. I'm still thinking Sasha's gonna die, but you never know w/this show. 

ETA: I agree w/everyone that there is no story w/Millow. They can stay together for all I care. I just wish we didn't have to see them. Show them as much as you showed Brucas or show Tolly, which is hardly ever to NEVER! LOL! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5

"Not today Satan!"  Epiphany delivered that line perfectly and I laughed so loud my dog jumped off the couch.

I also laughed at the shower fantasy...but I don't think I was supposed to on that one.

I really like Nik and Ava...

The twist with Franco was very unexpected! I love being spoiler-free!

Edited by Nifer
  • Love 7

Thank goodness it was just a fantasy. Willow and Michael having sex in a unisex shower (!) at the gym is just gross. So is Ava having sex with Nik while he has a bleeding wound but the two of them are just so campy and crackling with chemistry that they're fun to watch.

Epiphany getting angry at Franco because he took the last chocolate bar (you have diabetes Pip) -- she's judgmental, biased and has such a high opinion of herself. It's not a good trope.

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

The writers eliminated every single stake that would force them to stay fake married. The more interesting story at this point is them finding out that Chase and Sasha lied about their affair, but its that Michael is being pushed as the romantic lead and will "win" Willow in the end.

It's such stupid writing. Who cares at the point if they stay married or not, other than they are completely milquetoast and if they stay together I will have to keep watching them?

When Willow came in to see Michael doing situps, the expression on his face was so much like a puppy dog's that it was the opposite of sexy.

21 hours ago, Sake614 said:

still having trouble watching KD. She doesn’t look anything like herself, even as a young woman on AMC. Don’t get me wrong, she’s beautiful. But her face barely moves (although it moves more than KeMo’s).

Same. I have trouble watching her scenes, there's just something off.

• Love 3

I'm worried if/when Michael and Willow actually have sex, the amount of anti-charisma will cause a rip in the time/space continuum and the world will fold in on itself.

Also, the amount of 'don't care' I have for the character of Epiphany is only minimized by the amount I have for Epiphany and Milo.  Seriously, show?  Also, Pip usually sounds good, but she sounded flat today in her song. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

In that shower scene today when Willow disrobed in front of Michael, I said "Gross!" out loud. Didn't even realize it until my daughter came in asking what was so gross. I knew I didn't like them, but that scene was physically repulsive. Stop trying to make CD romantic lead material. He can be the sidekick/wingman but absolutely nothing about him is hot enough to play lead. Is there any other male on this show whose love scenes have been less steamy? Good grief, William Lipton is head and shoulders above him when it comes to love scenes and I'm pretty sure he can't even legally vote.

My reaction was "Ew ! No !". Then my thoughts went to all of you here who I imagined were reacting in a similar fashion. Why would you even think about Michael when you can have Chase ? Plenty of couples forgive cheating and stay together. Interesting though we don't see Michael too torn up about Sasha. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I've heard Willow and Michael be described as "vanilla". I disagree. That's more flavor than they should be awarded. They are white rice with skim milk.

They're uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts.

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Plenty of couples forgive cheating and stay together.

It wasn't even totally cheating, as all they did was kiss. I'd call it more a grave error in judgement.

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Interesting though we don't see Michael too torn up about Sasha. 

Maybe once he hears she's a cokehead his rescue instinct will kick in and Willow will be history.

• LOL 8

I hit the FF button as soon as Epiphany started singing and didn’t stop until I saw Nikolas and Ava. And I literally LOLed at his ‘she likes me, she really likes me.’ 

thank you everyone for pointing out that Mildew did NOT really have shower sex at the gym. And let me echo everyone else’s sentiments that there is subzero heat between them. I honestly don’t know what Chad is trying to portray with his facial expressions but if it’s supposed to be  ‘OMG you’re so hot I want to tear your clothes off right here’ It’s an epic fail. 

so brook Lynn can’t sing? Boo hoo. Maybe wait a little more than a month after having your throat slashed to try? Or see a specialist? I’m sure Ned would happily pay for her to see the best doctors in the world. 

Please, show, I’m begging you, do not repeat Franco’s brain tumor. Unless it’s going to turn him back into a serial killer and he starts killing useless characters like sonny, Carly, Jason, Michael, Peter...

• Love 6

Today's episode was very swervy! From stab-sex, to "doorknob," to a possible "Cypiphany" brewing? Lots of good WTFs, for a change.

On the opposite end of that spectrum: Of course Michael did his trademark "Boobies" expression when Willow disrobed during his fantasy. I was really rooting for her fantasy to show her turning around and finding -- Chase.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I honestly don’t know what Chad is trying to portray with his facial expressions

CD's facial expression makes him look like he's always always always disappointed in something. Even when he's happy, he looks disappointed.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, lala2 said:

Franco's brain tumor is probably back!!

I was thinking the chocolate bar he ate was laced with some of Cyrus' drugs.  There was too much talk about the stupid chocolate bar to just be throwaway lines.  

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It wasn't even totally cheating, as all they did was kiss. I'd call it more a grave error in judgement.

Willow caught them "kissing" but they told her they had slept together as well, to dig the knife in deeper.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael and Willow are complete nincompoops to believe it happened. And to not even question it, especially by Willow, was even more aggravating.

Fixed it for you. (Willow had potential until she was put with Michael.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And to not even question it, especially by Willow,

That was the worst part of this, based on how it was edited to play out onscreen.  Willow and Chase had this heart to heart in the park, declaring their love for one another.  Then later that same day, she comes home to find him on the couch macking out on Sasha and believes that they cheated.  Nobody is that stupid.  Except Sonny.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4