Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Unrelated: Chase and Willow were the only mature couple on this show so of course the writers had to screw that up. If they don't have them get back together and keep her with Michael, I will be so annoyed. Understand I am well aware CD doesn't have the acting chops to pull it off, but it would be a great way to turn Michael "bad" by having Chase come clean to Willow, they get back together, and Michael tries everything he can to screw it up for them in soapy ways.

Haha . . . I was just remarking on another board that Michael needs to get a head injury in an accident and wake up w/a new, bad personality or something. Or as you said, Willow leaves him, and he goes ballistic. It would be even better if Willow adopted Wiley AND THEN left Michael. He could go insane and become a more interesting character possibly. As you said, CD doesn't have much range, but it could be better than do-gooder Michael. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Today on Paraphrase Hospital.....

Brooklynn:  I'm so glad we had all the sex and somehow my giant neck bandaid didn't come off in the shower.  

Valentin: I'm still in love with Nina and someone else which I'm not at liberty to declare though most viewers will likely assume is Anna.  But since you're still naked, lets get it on some more before going to freak out Chase and NIna.  

Val/Brook:  We totally had all the sex last night

Chase/Nina:  Nuh uh

Valentin:  Jealous much

NIna:  Nuh uh

Nina:  Nelle's burial, Nelle's burial, Nelle's burial

Jax:  Uhm, I agree with Carly, obsessed much.  

Nina:  Do you wanna come to Nelle's burial

Chase:  Have you lost your mind woman.

Sam and Jax:  Even though you're only 12 and you have absolutely zero experience running a media company, we totally want you to run Aurora's digital side.

Michael:  I know nothing about online digital

Jax:  Noboby does and apparently Sam is too lazy to run it, and you have no storyline right now, and Scout doesn't come of age for another 20 years or whenever she gets SORASed so how about it

Michael; Mkay

Sam:  Sorry I effed you up at ELQ, but you know, Jason, Jason, Jason, Jason

Michael: Mkay

Julian;  Would you rather have your brother alive or your money

Ava:  Think Ava, think, think, think,

Nik:  I pushed Ava and Franco together so they would cheat and I'd get the money

Liz;  This is brand new information that I had no knowledge of prior to this moment.  

Nik:  Ava and I had sexy times then passed notes in History class

Liz:  You should totatlly tell her how you feel, maybe after the Sadie Hawkins dance on Friday

Olivia:  You should apologize to Brook Lynn 

Ned:  Brook, I'm sorry

Brook Lynn : Yeah, Valentin and I discussed that last night after we had wild sex

Ned:  Mother effer

PLEASE never stop doing these XDDDDDDD

• Love 6

So scout has no choice in her life goals? Sam has predetermined that her daughter will run Aurora when she’s of age. And in the meantime, Michael can seat warm. 🙄

i kind of like BL and Valentin. And I want willow and chase back together. But I can’t deal with her mooning over Michael.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

i kind of like BL and Valentin. And I want willow and chase back together. But I can’t deal with her mooning over Michael.

I appreciated that BL and Valentin were actually very adult about the whole thing.  No "OMG, what have we done!" no presuming it meant anything mpre than a ONS, just "hey, that was fun, thanks for a good time--wanna get breakfast?"  Nina can take several seats with the lecture about how BL is fragile right now and Valentin shouldn't have slept with her.  As I recall, didn't they bang the first time without knowing each other's names?

Holy crap, a scene between Sam and Michael is like getting sucked into a black hole of anti-charisma. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Watching Sam and Michael “acting” together was absolutely mind numbing. Please change these actors out for actors who can, you know, ACT. Thanks a bunch, your viewers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Watching Sam and Michael “acting” together was absolutely mind numbing. Please change these actors out for actors who can, you know, ACT. Thanks a bunch, your viewers.

Especially when you had Jax in the scene with them who was full of life and expressiveness.

The Brook Lynn/Valentin were wonderfully adult and I loved her encouraging him to reach out to the woman he was still madly in love with who is NOT Nina.  I would kill to see Valentin go full on in his romantic pursuit of Anna (assuming that's who V was talking about) because it would make Finn lose his marbles 🙂

Elizabeth's reaction to Nikolas' confession about the Ava/Franco set up kind of made me laugh in that there are no good guys in the story and Elizabeth was able to acknowledge that.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I would kill to see Valentin go full on in his romantic pursuit of Anna (assuming that's who V was talking about)

I would, too, except I cannot get past Valentin's "I was a teenage hunchback" nonsense. That whole backstory is just so completely absurd.

JPL has a lot of chemistry with people other than CW. I don't think it's her fault so much as Nina and Valentin are totally played out for me. I think both actors are tired of it, too. (Though they're pros, so they still sell it. Unlike some other actors, ahem, KeMo.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I thought the Alexis and Sam scenes from Monday were terrible acting wise. I just wasn't feeling NLG and I won't comment on the other person because it's self explanatory at this point.  I don't like that everyone needs to be drunk or angry when telling Sam how much she and her boyfriend suck.  It's just another way to excuse it.  

I still think LH and NLG had a different vibe in their scenes as Sam/Alexis that made me more engaged.  Now I'm just bored.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Hater said:

I don't like that everyone needs to be drunk or angry when telling Sam how much she and her boyfriend suck.  It's just another way to excuse it. 

Sam had to be infected with cat disease in order to tell Sonny how dangerous he is and how much he sucks. It's like only delusional people are allowed to tell the truth about the Corinthos Family.

Otherwise we get scenes like Sam and Jax propping Michael's sorry ass and telling him now wonderful Boy CEO is.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam had to be infected with cat disease in order to tell Sonny how dangerous he is and how much he sucks. It's like only delusional people are allowed to tell the truth about the Corinthos Family.

Otherwise we get scenes like Sam and Jax propping Michael's sorry ass and telling him now wonderful Boy CEO is.

It’s a weird choice. They throw scenes in like that in so the writers must know how portions of the audience feel about them but it always comes from people who are outcasts or screw-ups or situations like this where the person shouldn’t be taken seriously. God forbid any of the more moral characters on the show state their opinions outright 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Michael will treat Aurora with a bit more care seeing as this is Scout's inheritance, not like ELQ which he was always heir apparent, so really fuck all of his other cousins if there is a massive takeover. 

And totally agreement over Carly and Sonny entitlement about where Nelle is buried. I suspect these two are so  petty that they would buy up all the grave plots in order to prevent this from happening, never mind anyone else who is middle class or below might like to be buried next their own loved ones. And pretty rich coming from people that waltz into the Q's mansion post AJ and in the case of Sonny, fucked someone in AJ's crypt after murdering him. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I am so tired of watching Carly shoving her hair out of her face 4,500 times per episode. If you have to keep doing that, it’s a BAD hair style.

The piece on her right side, by her ear was cut too short, so every time she tries to put it over her ear, it falls back and then it's just over and over, so she's doing 445556 times per scene.  It's super distracting.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I am so tired of watching Carly shoving her hair out of her face 4,500 times per episode. If you have to keep doing that, it’s a BAD hair style.

They should put her hair up or let her wear it natural more often.

• Love 2

LW's natural hair doesn't fit the look of the matron leader of Port Charles. (🤢)

Interesting mix of up and down in today's show. Ava and Nikolas is what I want from a soap. There was heat and angst and it left me wanting more, like Nik trying to win Ava. On the other hand, Michael and Willow are just painful to watch. In spite of his wealth and having everything handed to him on a silver platter, Michael is one of the neediest people on the show. Stop trying to be Chase, Michael. Stop trying to make fetch happen, show.

I like Valentin figuring out that Jax is hiding something. I'm TeamValentin here.

Typical entitled Sonny, going to buy the other 3 shares in that racehorse. If I owned one, no way would I sell to him.

I thought that the last scene of an episode was supposed to make me want to tune in tomorrow. Self-righteous Carly beating down on Nina makes me want to skip it.

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I wonder if Michael will treat Aurora with a bit more care seeing as this is Scout's inheritance, not like ELQ which he was always heir apparent, so really fuck all of his other cousins if there is a massive takeover.

It would be the perfect opportunity to for Michael to show what he can do when he has to fight for something. But I don't think the Privileged Prince has it in him.

• Love 5

Nikolas' entire conversation with Ava today was the equivalent of a sixth grader passing a note saying "Do you like me? Check [yes] [no] [maybe]" and yet I was still into it. This is the dynamic the show should have aimed for from the beginning, with Nikolas being drawn to Ava's hidden vulnerabilities and her prickly facade with equal measure. The show wasted so much time having Nikolas be cruel to Ava and unnecessarily involving Franco and Liz into their relationship, but it feels like finally the ship may be righted. Ava holding herself back, afraid to trust Nikolas, torn between her feelings and her agenda, THAT is the hate-to-love romance the show's been missing.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It would be the perfect opportunity to for Michael to show what he can do when he has to fight for something. But I don't think the Privileged Prince has it in him.

It would be one thing if he learned something about what happened to ELQ and safeguarded Aurora to make sure it didn't happen again. It would be another if he merely showed more passion than for ELQ, despite not building either one of them. Of course it would show that Michael was never worthy of running the company. 

Well, I'm glad Jax saw through Valentin's plan. 

I really wish the show would stop trying to make Michael and Willow happen. It would work better if Michael knew or overheard Sasha and Carly talking about the cheating being a lie to facilitate the fake marriage and Michael knowingly keeping Willow and Chase apart. Make him a schemer (he is Carly's son) and he's been sniffing around Willow since they met in grief counseling, before Chase won her over. 

Mike, the perpetually down on his luck, inveterate gambler, had a stake in a race horse??? (a few shares maybe... and that's a big maybe-- might set him back a thousand bucks) 

• Love 4

When the priest started with the "Oh God," I didn't realize it was a prayer, he said it so forcefully. Heh.

Nina had a ton of dough to help her change her ways. Nelle didn't have that, and I do think that made a difference. Nelle was desperate for financial security.

Willow, there are these people called therapists who could help you get over your distrust of Chase if that's what you want. It's such a plot point that she's not even interested in trying to get behind the "affair."

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Typical entitled Sonny, going to buy the other 3 shares in that racehorse. If I owned one, no way would I sell to him.

Same. Or I'd ask for a giant payout. 

17 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ava holding herself back, afraid to trust Nikolas, torn between her feelings and her agenda, THAT is the hate-to-love romance the show's been missing.

I don't think Ava has been shown enough as having torn feelings. Or maybe it's that MW is playing it too harshly. It's not working for me. Mostly because both Nik and Ava have done gross things to each other, him especially. I wish they'd have gotten together to get Ava a better custody deal with Avery, or save the hospital, or go after Ryan once and for all. Something more along those lines than whatever this mess is.

5 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It would be another if he merely showed more passion than for ELQ

Michael showing passion? As if.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle was desperate for financial security.

I still want it explained why she sold her engagement ring from the guy she murdered, then donated the money  "anonymously" to a charity established in Morgan's name. 

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't that to mess with Carly? I appreciated that, even if Nelle did kind of cut off her nose to spite her face when it came to the money.

I think there were cheaper ways to mess with Carly.  Nelle ended up not having money for a place to live, but she gave away a $55,000(?) ring?  Nelle's elevator doesn't go to the top floor. 

• LOL 2
On 10/21/2020 at 5:46 PM, lala2 said:

Haha . . . I was just remarking on another board that Michael needs to get a head injury in an accident and wake up w/a new, bad personality or something. Or as you said, Willow leaves him, and he goes ballistic. It would be even better if Willow adopted Wiley AND THEN left Michael. He could go insane and become a more interesting character possibly. As you said, CD doesn't have much range, but it could be better than do-gooder Michael. 

Chad had a brief role on The Bay last season as a bad guy and I thought he was pretty good.  It was kind of nice seeing him play someone who was such an ass.  I was sorry he didn't come back this season--didn't like his replacement.    Of course the writing/acting on that show is not the best, so that may be why he looked good to me.

• LOL 1

I thought Duell was pretty good as Michael Without Pity. Still no romantic chemistry with anyone, which is a problem for a young lead on a soap opera, but Michael works better when written with actual backbone. Not smug entitlement while Mommy fights his battles.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think there were cheaper ways to mess with Carly.  Nelle ended up not having money for a place to live, but she gave away a $55,000(?) ring?  Nelle's elevator doesn't go to the top floor. 

She was already scheming and was manipulating Michael to come up with the idea of them moving in together.

Did Nina seriously ask Michael and Willow to come to the burial? Buy a clue Nina as you have millions to burn.

I noticed an uptick on flashbacks again. Is the show stretching out scenes in case they get shut down again?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She was already scheming and was manipulating Michael to come up with the idea of them moving in together.

Did Nina seriously ask Michael and Willow to come to the burial? Buy a clue Nina as you have millions to burn.

I noticed an uptick on flashbacks again. Is the show stretching out scenes in case they get shut down again?

It is one thing to have Nelle buried so Wiley can come and see her grave, but don't expect a crowd or anyone but yourself at the burial.

• Love 2

I find it hard to believe that Port Chuck only has one cemetery.  It's like only having one hotel, Metro Court, other than the dive out by the interstate that probably charges hourly rates. 

The cemetery is faster than Domino's if they can plant Nelle and install an engraved headstone in the length of time since the body was released and Nina agreed to foot the bill. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Nina sucks at reading the room. 

I'm assuming that Carly will realize that Nina and Nelle had the same tacky necklace. So then we'll have Carly clutching at pearls for months with Jason and Sonny telling her how she had no idea that Nelle was Nina's undead baby. Then she'll lobby Jax to have Nina stop searching for the daughter in question, which Jax will do because he doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It is one thing to have Nelle buried so Wiley can come and see her grave, but don't expect a crowd or anyone but yourself at the burial.

Re:  asking Nelle's victims to come to her burial:  It seemed to me that Nina was giving everyone who was affected by Nelle's actions a chance to say good bye or to at least have a sense of closure.  I don't think Nina expected anyone to be crying at her grave but both Chase and Michael loved Nelle so you'd think there'd be some residual feelings left--I was glad to see Chase show up and while he didn't dance on Nelle's grave, he did get to say his piece and I hope that helps him finally move on.  Hopefully, Carly will do the same.

I liked seeing Jax and Valentin spar and I especially liked that Jax wasn't about to be rattled by Valentin's mind games.  

• Love 4
On 10/21/2020 at 4:28 PM, perkie1968 said:

Today on Paraphrase Hospital.....

Brooklynn:  I'm so glad we had all the sex and somehow my giant neck bandaid didn't come off in the shower.  

Valentin: I'm still in love with Nina and someone else which I'm not at liberty to declare though most viewers will likely assume is Anna.  But since you're still naked, lets get it on some more before going to freak out Chase and NIna.  

Val/Brook:  We totally had all the sex last night

Chase/Nina:  Nuh uh

Valentin:  Jealous much

NIna:  Nuh uh

Nina:  Nelle's burial, Nelle's burial, Nelle's burial

Jax:  Uhm, I agree with Carly, obsessed much.  

Nina:  Do you wanna come to Nelle's burial

Chase:  Have you lost your mind woman.

Sam and Jax:  Even though you're only 12 and you have absolutely zero experience running a media company, we totally want you to run Aurora's digital side.

Michael:  I know nothing about online digital

Jax:  Noboby does and apparently Sam is too lazy to run it, and you have no storyline right now, and Scout doesn't come of age for another 20 years or whenever she gets SORASed so how about it

Michael; Mkay

Sam:  Sorry I effed you up at ELQ, but you know, Jason, Jason, Jason, Jason

Michael: Mkay

Julian;  Would you rather have your brother alive or your money

Ava:  Think Ava, think, think, think,

Nik:  I pushed Ava and Franco together so they would cheat and I'd get the money

Liz;  This is brand new information that I had no knowledge of prior to this moment.  

Nik:  Ava and I had sexy times then passed notes in History class

Liz:  You should totatlly tell her how you feel, maybe after the Sadie Hawkins dance on Friday

Olivia:  You should apologize to Brook Lynn 

Ned:  Brook, I'm sorry

Brook Lynn : Yeah, Valentin and I discussed that last night after we had wild sex

Ned:  Mother effer

This is PURE GENIUS I will never read anything else again. Please do more of these ‘recaps’ please!!!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

The cemetery is faster than Domino's if they can plant Nelle and install an engraved headstone in the length of time since the body was released and Nina agreed to foot the bill. 

Shockingly, it was mentioned last week that Nina paid extra for everything to happen as quickly as it did.

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Hopefully, Carly will do the same.

Ha! Carly is not one to give up her grudges easily. It's going to take more than a headstone with Nelle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

For all her background, Carly is the very personification of an entitled white female.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Re:  asking Nelle's victims to come to her burial:  It seemed to me that Nina was giving everyone who was affected by Nelle's actions a chance to say good bye or to at least have a sense of closure.  I don't think Nina expected anyone to be crying at her grave but both Chase and Michael loved Nelle so you'd think there'd be some residual feelings left--I was glad to see Chase show up and while he didn't dance on Nelle's grave, he did get to say his piece and I hope that helps him finally move on.

Chase is a good guy with tons of empathy. He's the kind of person who could make peace with the past and work on creating a future.

I hate to keep ragging on Michael but he doesn't seem to have the kind of depth to make his peace with Nelle. Willow said that everything good that she's got is via Nelle and that's true for Michael in terms of getting both Wylie and Willow.  But it would never occur to him to have a place where Wylie could visit his mother, in fact I think Nelle is going to be proven right and the Corinthii will erase her existence from Wylie's life altogether if they can. Just as Sonny and Carly tried to erase Ava from Avery's life.

I hate that Michael is dragging Willow down to his level. She was so good when she was in the relationship with Chase.

Also Liz needs to shut up about what a terrible mother Ava was to Kiki. There are worse mothers in Port Charles.

• Love 5

Two wildly irritating things today:

1) Jax seeing Alexis drinking and walking away, basically chalking her up to a lost cause not worth his time. What. The. Fuck. They've got too many years of history between them for him to turn his back on her without offering any support. But he can run from the Metro Court to deal with Carly's freak out, of course.

2) Trina kisses Cam again and suddenly all those emotionally charged scenes they shared no longer mean anything, they're just BFFs. Sure, let's have Trina cheerfully remove herself from the love triangle and relinquish any chance of a romance for herself, paving the way for Joss to eventually get with Cam. What even, GH. Trina has SO much more personality than Joss and shouldn't be stuck on the sidelines of her friend's storylines. 

I've had enough of snotty Sam and basket case Carly, too. Thank god Nina was allowed to stand her ground against Carly and advocate for basic human decency towards Nelle, as that was literally the only thing worthwhile today.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

Two wildly irritating things today:

1) Jax seeing Alexis drinking and walking away, basically chalking her up to a lost cause not worth his time. What. The. Fuck.

2) Trina kisses Cam again and suddenly all those emotionally charged scenes they shared no longer mean anything, they're just BFFs.

YES to both of those. Way to throw away a potentially good story between the two best young actors so that Carly Jr. can have it all her way. And Jax dismissing Alexis with "she's too far down the rabbit hole" after she bailed him out and has been his friend for decades is maddening. And then he immediately runs to Carly.

I want to add a third wildly irritating thing of Sam seeing Cyrus put the shakedown on Julian assumes that Julian is working with him. I think I've figured out why Sam always wears black -- she's too stupid to think how to dress herself otherwise.

I wish people would stop lecturing Alexis and try to do something practical to help her. Like make her feel worthwhile again. Still burns me that Sam gave the Aurora job to Michael instead of Alexis.

• Love 8

Does Curtis not know Nina at all? She doesn't need anyone "dangling" her kid in front of her to continue the search. I don't know how I feel about the big strong men teaming up to "pick up the pieces" when Nina finds out about Nelle being her kid. 

Carly, your sons have a disturbed mother who killed people, so glass houses, huh? I liked Nina telling Carly that since Nelle is dead, Carly has won and can stop fighting her (Nelle). That was good writing.

Nice of Sam to suck up her feelings for Julian to tell him about Alexis. Though of course it's his fault Cyrus walks into the gastropub. Ugh, I hate how she deals with him when it's convenient for her. Shut up, Sam. Your smug is unbearable.

I loved how Cam and Trina talked about their feelings for each other. That was really nice. Such a contrast to the turd that is Dev.

"It's been a real pleasure." "Has it?" Hee. Alexis and Britt never had much to do with each other, did they?

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wish people would stop lecturing Alexis and try to do something practical to help her. Like make her feel worthwhile again. Still burns me that Sam gave the Aurora job to Michael instead of Alexis.

Why has no one called Finn? This is what sponsors are for. They could "casually" run into each other at the Metro Court. And while I don't think Alexis should be the Aurora CEO, there's no reason she can't involved in another way (that doesn't involved legal work). But of course a woman with decades of business experience can't be a better choice than someone who's had everything handed to him on a silver platter.

Jax is a terrible friend to Alexis. 

I had to laugh that Nina called Jax to come to the cemetery and not Sonny, who would no doubt yell at Carly for being there in the first place.

• Love 7

I want to add a third wildly irritating thing of Sam seeing Cyrus put the shakedown on Julian assumes that Julian is working with him. I think I've figured out why Sam always wears black -- she's too stupid to think how to dress herself otherwise.

and based on previews, Sam's judging tour of Port Charles continues next week. So, if she's not thinking about Jason, she's the town scold, they really can't think of anything else for her to do. I mean, there's digging up dirt/weaknesses to use against Cyrus, there's trying to find dirt on Peter (you know, the guy responsible for keeping JASON prisoner for years). 

• Love 5

I have a feeling I was supposed to feel bad about Cameron/Josslyn being kept apart by evil Dev, but I didn't. I don't like Josslyn. Her relationship w/Oscar was horrible, and I have no desire to see her in another one. I was hoping to see a Cam/Trina pairing, but that's not happening so he can stay single for all I care. Or they can age up Emma or Avery and see how he works w/one of them. 

Thank you Nina for saying what I've been saying since Carly pitched a fit about this burial. Nelle is dead. The woman is dead. Carly won. She should be happy. Why the need to trash the girl's memory? Can't she just be satisfied that the girl is dead? No, she wants Wiley to hate Nelle too. Carly is such a trash human being. She can't even win graciously. Ugh. 

Sam is beyond insufferable. That is all. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly, your sons have a disturbed mother who killed people, so glass houses, huh? I liked Nina telling Carly that since Nelle is dead, Carly has won and can stop fighting her (Nelle). That was good writing.

Do you mean father? Because Carly still hasn't killed anyone on this show.

How on earth did Carly manage to knock over that headstone.  those things are usually super heavy.  And when Nina came back, she went to lift it up and it looked like it was too heavy for her, so she gave up. I'm Assuming that one is made of plastic or styrofoam, for prop purposes.   Kudos to CW for making it look like she couldn't lift it.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Alexis and Britt never had much to do with each other, did they?

They didnt', until they did.  Britt saw Neil and Alexis together, happened to tell Julian, who outed NAlexis, which started down the path to drying in Alexis' bed.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I mean, the writers have to know the writing is making her seem like the nosy neighbor who has no life of her own so goes around butting into everyone else's, right?  Because it's just such a bad look, all. the. time.  And KeMo makes it worse with her "I just sucked a lemon" expression whenever she's disapproving--which is all the time. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why has no one called [Dr. Michael Easton]? This is what sponsors are for.

He's not her sponsor though, is he?  Because, in real-life AA, sponsors are not supposed to be of the opposite sex.  And I think she's actually been in recovery longer than him.

It was nice to see Britt out of the hospital, and I kinda didn't mind her giving Jax the gears.  Particularly when he brought up Monica.  Dear Port Charles, Britt is not why Monica got fired, Monica is why Monica got fired, BECAUSE SHE DID SOMETHING ILLEGAL.

Demerits on the outfit, though.  Girl, no.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Just as Sonny and Carly tried to erase Ava from Avery's life.

I hate that Michael is dragging Willow down to his level. She was so good when she was in the relationship with Chase.

Also Liz needs to shut up about what a terrible mother Ava was to Kiki. There are worse mothers in Port Charles.

They were much more thorough about trying to erase AJ from Michael's life.

Yeah, this storyline is playing like "well we're both lonely, and we're friends who love Wiley, so .... let's just wait to see if we maybe want to hold hands and kiss someday."

Elizabeth's mother abandoned her and has been around to see bad mothers in action in Port Charles.  What I didn't like was her saying she and Kiki were "friends." No, Kiki was "like a daughter" to Franco, so Elizabeth was nice to her and was a sort-of mentor to her at the hospital. Kiki was never a friend to Elizabeth, unless you count the time she told Franco to chill out when Franco was jealous at seeing Dr. Munroe speaking to "my girlfriend."

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

YES to both of those. Way to throw away a potentially good story between the two best young actors so that Carly Jr. can have it all her way. And Jax dismissing Alexis with "she's too far down the rabbit hole" after she bailed him out and has been his friend for decades is maddening. And then he immediately runs to Carly.

I didn't like the way that Trina friendzoned Cam; she behaved like I imagine the Carly-in-training Josslyn would behave with the "You're welcome to have a crush on me" b.s.  Jax is making it hard to like him, between writing his long-time best friend off as a lost cause when he sees she drinking and in trouble, the comments about understanding that Valentin would want Nina back because she's an incredible woman, and the running off to be a support to Carly.  It was bad enough when he told Nina months ago "I respect the hell out of Carly." I'm not sure which is worse, his priorities or his taste in women.

Totally agree.  She's just all-around awful. 

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked Nina telling Carly that since Nelle is dead, Carly has won and can stop fighting her (Nelle). That was good writing.

Nice of Sam to suck up her feelings for Julian to tell him about Alexis. Though of course it's his fault Cyrus walks into the gastropub. Ugh, I hate how she deals with him when it's convenient for her. Shut up, Sam. Your smug is unbearable.

I loved how Cam and Trina talked about their feelings for each other. That was really nice. Such a contrast to the turd that is Dev.

Jax is a terrible friend to Alexis. 

Yes!!

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

. I was hoping to see a Cam/Trina pairing, but that's not happening so he can stay single for all I care. 

Why the need to trash the girl's memory? Can't she just be satisfied that the girl is dead? No, she wants Wiley to hate Nelle too. Carly is such a trash human being. She can't even win graciously. Ugh. 

Cam and Joss's families have a lot of history in Port Charles and Elizabeth very recently told Franco it would be better for him to like Trina because the less time she and Carly are around each other, the better (which is accurate). That's why I thought it would be weird for TPTB to go for a Trina/Cam pairing over a slow-burn Joss/Cam pairing. There's a lot of story (read: drama) that can come out of a Joss/Cam pairing. 

I guess you missed most of how Carly behaved about AJ? She and Sonny were all about how AJ was nothing to little Michael, how Sonny was his father end of story, etc. She also helped Sonny cover it up when he murdered AJ.  Of course this time, TPTB can't allow Carly to demonstrate growth by having learned from how she very wrongly handled AJ and Michael.

YUP.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

didn't like the way that Trina friendzoned Cam; she behaved like I imagine the Carly-in-training Josslyn would behave with the "You're welcome to have a crush on me"

But was she really? Or are we supposed to think she was trying to make it seem like that when  she was really protecting her feelings. She always finished her scenes with a sad looking smile. I don't think that Trina is all of a sudden "over" Cam.    (wow can't believe I am analyzing the teen scene storyline, this is what this world has come to!!)

• Love 3