Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She doesn't think it's strange that first Ava, and now Charlotte, both claim to have seen Nikolas (even if she doesn't know that's the man in the photo on her mom's phone)

Laura has seen Nik's picture on Nina's phone—Charlotte showed her in the hospital. That was one of the last scenes on Tuesday, I think.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Laura has seen Nik's picture on Nina's phone—Charlotte showed her in the hospital. That was one of the last scenes on Tuesday, I think.

I thought Charlotte showed Laura Nik's picture on Lulu's phone. Why would Nina have a picture of Valentin's "dead" enemy on her phone? She and Valentin got together after Nikolas was presumed dead, and Charlotte didn't know/have a relationship with Nikolas for Nina to have his picture on her phone for Charlotte's sake. 

Who is the woman Lucy and sasha are meeting with? An investor?

The actress looks so familiar too.

Doe-eyed lulu is no match for Valentin. Or anyone really. I'll never get over the fact that this is luke and Laura's daughter. No moxy, no nothing.

"Little baby-faced shark". Gotta love Lucy!

46 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked Kevin's insights because they totally make sense in the real world, but the scenes made Laura look stupid. 

Except Kevin never spoke with Charlotte and is just writing her off as having an imaginary friend that she conjured up.

And Lulu took that as the gospel truth to mean that Charlotte created this imaginary friend because she doesn't want to blame her father for the danger that she has recently been in.

In point of fact, Cassandra was able to go after Charlotte was because Nikolas freed her from the WSB and then later sent her to look for the codicil.

Charlotte then jumped in the freezing water (like an idiot) because Nikolas lied to her that he was her secret bodyguard.

• Love 1

Oh, fuck off, Carly, for simultaneously fretting over Jax's fate and preemptively excusing Sonny's behavior toward Jax as a misplaced reaction to grief. The "sick dad" card isn't applicable here when everyone knows Sonny would jump to hurt Jax at any opportunity, no matter the circumstances, because he's a vile, petty little man. And now on top of Carly's histrionics, we get the joy of viewing Jason's constipated face as he tries to both soothe Carly AND appease Sonny's paranoia. FUN. 

This Deception stuff might be decent if it wasn't being delivered in dribs and drabs. Sasha finally seemed savvy and I liked Michael advocating on her behalf, but still, it's time for the show to either commit to this story or look the other way.

Watching Ava confront Nikolas, it's clear how important it is for her to have a sense of control over the situation. Her experience with Ryan devastated her almost totally, and even going farther back, her relationship with Griffin was emotionally one-sided and ended in her heartbreak. Obviously there's some feelings tied up in this reunion with Nik, but she's choosing to table them and focus on what's important: the power. She has it, Nik doesn't, unless he bends to her will. This is Ava Jerome in her element.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought Charlotte showed Laura Nik's picture on Lulu's phone.

I think you're right it was Lulu's phone. But that doesn't change the fact that Charlotte could ID Nik as her secret bodyguard.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That's just being off screen and soaps. Her other two uncles are not presumed dead and she's not so much as talked to them on the phone.

Meanwhile, I am certain that Avery and Donna will know what Dante and Morgan look like as their pictures are prominently displayed at Casa Corinthos.

• Love 4

"I think Jax is into something he shouldn't be, and Carly is protecting him." But it's fine with it's Sonny. Spare me.

3 hours ago, nilyank said:
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked Kevin's insights because they totally make sense in the real world, but the scenes made Laura look stupid. 

Except Kevin never spoke with Charlotte and is just writing her off as having an imaginary friend that she conjured up.

And Lulu took that as the gospel truth to mean that Charlotte created this imaginary friend because she doesn't want to blame her father for the danger that she has recently been in.

Nothing Kevin said was unreasonable. It's easier to believe all of that than that Nik is alive.

Oh, GOD. Please, no more Claudette, that spicy bad girl who was a total dud. (Sorry, Bree Williamson. It wasn't your fault.)

• Love 2

Did I miss something? Just what exactly is illegal about what Jax is doing? Hiding Nik? Is Nik a fugitive wanted for murder? scamming the elderly of their millions? What?

And Shebeast can just STFU. Jax doesn't HAVE to tell her shit.

This is a SOAP.  I can't believe that someone faking their death/possibly being alive isn't even being considered.

Good Lord, but Boris talking about "everything" he went through after being shot, just sounded like a petulant manbaby whining. All I heard was "wahwahwahwahwahwaaaaaah."

I miss Smart Laura.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Her other two uncles

God you guys always hurt my head...I've come up with Lucky and can't think if the other.  Was it Luke's son, can't remember if he was Robert's son or not.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I miss Smart Laura.

For sure! As soon as Valentin said he didn't hire a bodyguard she should have raised the alarm.

Edited by Blackie
spacing
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

God you guys always hurt my head...I've come up with Lucky and can't think if the other.  Was it Luke's son, can't remember if he was Robert's son or not.

Ethan was Luke's.  They just said he was Robert's so that he wouldn't kill himself after Robin "died."

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Nothing Kevin said was unreasonable. It's easier to believe all of that than that Nik is alive.

It wasn't unreasonable. But he said it without having spoken to Charlotte and that's just bad professional practice.

Also why would Lulu have a picture of Nik on her phone that she's never shown to Charlotte or explained who he was especially since Charlotte knows Spencer and that his father is dead? Why is no one asking why Charlotte is using a random picture on her mother's phone and saying that he's her bodyguard?

So stupid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Blackie said:

For sure! As soon as Valentin said he didn't hire a bodyguard she should have raised the alarm.

Charlotte insists that she has some strange man claiming to be her bodyguard who wants to keep it secret between him and her. With all the bad things that can happen to children, Laura should make sure that for sure if this person is real or imaginary.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Charlotte insists that she has some strange man claiming to be her bodyguard who wants to keep it secret between him and her. With all the bad things that can happen to children, Laura should make sure that for sure if this person is real or imaginary.

Charlotte should be in therapy because she was kidnapped and that's traumatic, and she's a kid and it seems like a no-brainer. Valentin should hire an actual bodyguard for her because PC is the most dangerous town in the world, although death is never permanent, so there is that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, GOD. Please, no more Claudette

Seconded.

At least Griffin is gone so I don't have to watch the two of them together.   Oh, and Nathan is gone, too.  Small mercies.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Linny said:

, fuck off, Carly, for simultaneously fretting over Jax's fate and preemptively excusing Sonny's behavior toward Jax as a misplaced reaction to grief. The "sick dad" card isn't applicable here when everyone knows Sonny would jump to hurt Jax at any opportunity, no matter the circumstances, because he's a vile, petty little man.

Loved how Sonny's first scene was all about making sure his oft-used SMUGGLING lanes were secure.  His HITMAN assured him that they were. And despite living close by, he has seen his dad just once since thanksgiving.

I still cringe when Michael Quartermaine refers to the  nasty guy who killed his unarmed father in cold blood as his father or calls him - Dad.  At least Ava owns her actions.  Jax does too, and his are exponentially less harmful than those perpetrated by that ''coffee importer and philanthropist'.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

fuck off, Carly, for simultaneously fretting over Jax's fate and preemptively excusing Sonny's behavior toward Jax as a misplaced reaction to grief.

Her entire argument, that being "stop doing illegal stuff because then Sonny will have NO CHOICE but to have you deported (me: is he the head of the INS?) and then Joss will be angry with Sonny and poor Sonny can't handle that on top of what's happening with his dad" made me want to give her a roundhouse kick in the mouth.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Her entire argument, that being "stop doing illegal stuff because then Sonny will have NO CHOICE but to have you deported (me: is he the head of the INS?) and then Joss will be angry with Sonny and poor Sonny can't handle that on top of what's happening with his dad" made me want to give her a roundhouse kick in the mouth.

Sounds legit to me.  After all, Sonny is the epitome of the 100% law & order type.  You so much as jaywalk, he'll report to you the police.  And he has every right to because he has never broken one single solitary law in his entire life.  He also makes sure he doesn't associate with anyone who breaks the law.  Look at how he monitors Jason and keeps him in line.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Scenes like that are why I never feel any sympathy for Carly when Sonny treats her like crap. As much as LW’s Carly is a bully towards most of the other characters on the show, she is Sonny’s biggest enabler and will make excuses for him until the day he dies. If he did get Jax deported again and Joss gets upset or angry, we all know that Carly will side with Sonny and tell Joss that she has to get over it and forgive him. We already saw that happen with Michael when he went against Sonny a few years ago and I don’t even think her and Sonny were together at the time. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

fuck off, Carly, for simultaneously fretting over Jax's fate and preemptively excusing Sonny's behavior toward Jax as a misplaced reaction to grief.

That whole exchange cracked me up. Has nobody suggested to Sonny that he just ignore Jax?

It also cracks me up that if Sonny gets Jax deported, it will end up being about Sonny's pain. Typical self-involved Sonny.

Anyway, how is Jax "in trouble"? The plaaan with Nik has gone a little sideways, but that's for Jax and Nik to deal with, not Sonny/Jason/Carly. The rental van is the only thing I can think of that might cause legal problems, but Jax has lawyers. He's not some newbie schemer.

It's all so stupid.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That whole exchange cracked me up. Has nobody suggested to Sonny that he just ignore Jax?

On this episode of "Narcissist Hospital" Sonny thinks the only reason Jax is in Port Charles is to give him grief.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

giphy.gif

The rental van is the only thing I can think of that might cause legal problems, but Jax has lawyers.

He didn't have anything to do with that. That's all on Boris. And like you said, he's got lawyers. Good lawyers. I don't even know what SheBeast is blathering on about Jax doing illegal stuff. He isn't.

Oh, and I looooooooved how Ava was taunting Boris, and her "of course I have the codicil"

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The rental van is the only thing I can think of that might cause legal problems, but Jax has lawyers.

He didn't have anything to do with that. That's all on Boris.

Nik used a credit card linked to one of Jax's businesses to rent the van, so Jax is involved.

Aiden is with Lucky! Thank you, show. That's all you had to do to get me to stop complaining about that. It probably was only written like that because the kid got another gig for a bit but whatever.

• Love 15

I'm a bit late, but I just saw the scenes w/Ava and Nikolas.  I couldn't get over Ava's hypocrisy. Listening to her rant about Nikolas "faking" his death and not telling his family he was alive b/c he was afraid of criminal consequences was just too hypocritical for me to take seriously.

Of all the PC citizens to get on his case about this, it was "Aunt Denise." Really?!?! 🙄

I really just needed her to shut up about him tricking ppl. She should know what that's about and should understand his motivations, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't know why soaps don't use people in comas better. How soapy would it be if everyone spilled their guts to someone they thought was unconscious but was really faking it? Answer: Pretty soapy. Instead, we have to listen to people droning on and on. Zzzzz.

Oh, Michael. You talk about taking Avery from Sonny like it was a bad thing.

Wiley making car noises and giggling was adorable.

I liked (and, frankly, am somewhat shocked) that Elizabeth got to tell Franco how upset him being Drew made her.

Another soapy cliffhanger! Nelle looked like she was going to literally eat Wiley. Heh.

Monday: Tracy returns!!!!!!

• Love 8

I don't get why Cam and Jake couldn't go to Ireland, too.  Lucky is really the only father Cam has known, unless we count Franco, but even so, It was just Lucky for the longest time.  And I don't think they told Jake that Jason was his father until he (Jake) came back from the dead.  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't get why Cam and Jake couldn't go to Ireland, too.  Lucky is really the only father Cam has known, unless we count Franco, but even so, It was just Lucky for the longest time.  And I don't think they told Jake that Jason was his father until he (Jake) came back from the dead.  

Like I said, the Aiden actor got another gig so they probably just said it as a way to ecplain why he wasn't there.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Another soapy cliffhanger! Nelle looked like she was going to literally eat Wiley. Heh.

I found that very soapy and giggled at the fact that Willow thinks Wylie is hers and there's Nelle's, who's really Wylie's mother.  Five minutes later, I was all "wait a minute why is Nelle wandering the halls.  She's supposed to be handcuffed to her bed, since she's, you know, a frickin' criminal"  LOL

• Love 4

I'm STUNNED that Maxi and Peter's visit to Anna's didn't turn out to be for the sole purpose of Peter finding the documents Anna had on her desk and realizing she was suspicious of him.

I found it a bit awkward that Lucky only invited Aiden to Ireland. 

So Monday's episode features Finn? Isn't it a Scrooge scenario? Wouldn't that more lend itself to Ava or Brad or Julian or Sonny or Franco. I mean, Finn was never a villain, and he is too milquetoast to even have a complicated Christmas future. Hopefully they will reveal whatever happened with his father. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Wouldn't that more lend itself to Ava or Brad or Julian or Sonny or Franco.

My vote would be for Brad.  IMO, they don't really have a good character on GH now for A Christmas Carol.  Edward would have been great back in the day, and I'm almost thinking they did one, but I could be making things up in my head.   Sure, some of the characters you mention are awful, but they're not really Scrooges.

My mother-in-law told be that her father was careful to spend one-on-one time with each of the four kids and how much she appreciated it so my head canon is that Lucky takes each of the kids on their own and this is Aiden's time.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It also cracks me up that if Sonny gets Jax deported, it will end up being about Sonny's pain. Typical self-involved Sonny.

MB's minimums apparently include not just Sonny appearances but also amounts of Sonny pain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

My vote would be for Brad.  IMO, they don't really have a good character on GH now for A Christmas Carol.  Edward would have been great back in the day, and I'm almost thinking they did one, but I could be making things up in my head.   Sure, some of the characters you mention are awful, but they're not really Scrooges.

They did one with Luke in 2003.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

We didn't see Cam or Jake this ep

We saw the horrible "welcome home" banner, though I forget which one made it.  All it needed was a few letters spelled backwards, or perhaps cut out from newspapers/magazines to hint at Franco's criminal past. 

They were so happy to have Franco back, neither bothered to turn up.

• LOL 3
On 12/19/2019 at 2:56 PM, seasons said:

Who is the woman Lucy and sasha are meeting with? An investor?

The actress looks so familiar too.

Lucy called her an angel investor.  The actress is Lisa Arturo. She looked familiar to me, too, but I checked her IMDB page and I haven’t seen anything she was in. So I must just be confusing her with someone else!

On 12/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, dubbel zout said:

Oh, GOD. Please, no more Claudette, that spicy bad girl who was a total dud. (Sorry, Bree Williamson. It wasn't your fault.)

On 12/19/2019 at 10:20 PM, ciarra said:

Seconded.

Thirded.

• Love 4

Ohhhh I get it now. At least I think I do. Monica, it seems will be reading the traditional A Christmas Carol and it seems this year, we’ll be seeing the cast playing the characters. Eh. Or maybe it’s Caleb’s or Finn’s nightmare. Eh. Since Monica, or rather Leslie can hardly move her face. I miss John Beradino SO MUCH. While Stuart Damon was also very good, John was better. Then again, the show was better back then.

Yay!!! I see shades of my BADASS ANNA!FUCKING!DEVANE!!!!!!! Welcome Back, Darling! And YAY!!! Robert’s back next week! I don’t care how cheesy it is, but I want to find Anna under the mistletoe and for Robert to be there so they can SMOOCH!

As much as I loved the Lucky mention, I didn’t care for the “Lucky invited” Aiden. I would have much preferred a “It’s Lucky’s turn to have Aiden for Christmas this year.” But I’m whiny like that since Carliwhat’sname and HACK!Frank and their coterie of “writers” have decimated and massacred Lucky, AJ, Anna, and to a lesser extent, Robin’s *characters.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

* @dubbel zout, can ye confirm this sentence is grammatically correctamundo?😊😉 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Lucky takes each of the kids on their own and this is Aiden's time.

not to mention, one flight to Ireland is much cheaper than three at a time.  Guess Aiden is old enough to travel internationally as an unaccompanied minor....

<<Lucy's investor looked a lot like the actress who played Amy Vining.  Maybe that's why she looks familiar?>>

Shell Kepler; she passed away years ago

• Love 1
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why soaps don't use people in comas better. How soapy would it be if everyone spilled their guts to someone they thought was unconscious but was really faking it? Answer: Pretty soapy. Instead, we have to listen to people droning on and on. Zzzzz.

I so thought that’s where they were headed when the camera lingered on Lucas a bit after Brad left. We seem to be having a few soapier moments of late and that would’ve been a great addition. 

20 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

She's in the stand alone? Well, she was friends with Finn so I guess that makes sense.

Please tell me we don’t only get JE in the Christmas Carol thing. What a waste if so. 

I’m enjoying Nelle bringing the crazy but the scenes with her lawyer were nearly unwatchable because of his “accent.” Cringeworthy. 

• Love 1