Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Aunt Stella isn't a moron, Jordan and Curtis.  You both need to quit looking guilty as hell about your coverup.

Ridiculous how Alexis suddenly whines about privacy when she should have kicked Molly's butt out of the exam room before Portia arrived.  My compliments to the GH staff member who managed to put a cast on over a sleeve.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When Nina found out that Valentin had faked Sasha being her daughter, Ava took over an expensive bottle of something, buried the hatchet and commiserated with her. Since then, there have been scenes where they're kind of friends.

Joss to Jax:  I don't know what to do now that Mike's died.. 

Me: Your grandmother died about four years ago, Kiki your friend 3 years ago and Oscar 18 months ago. You should be used to this by now.

I'm calling it now. The Michael Corbin Memorial Bench is coming to our TVs soon.  I wonder if it'll be installed on the waterfront or near Oscar's rock in the park.

• LOL 1

I just can't with this show trying to make Chachi happen. Also, according to the story they made up about Dev, he and Joss are COUSINS! So, maybe don't try to have them date.

And two teens, sitting around playing checkers? Do the writers know any actual teens? 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I just can't with this show trying to make Chachi happen. Also, according to the story they made up about Dev, he and Joss are COUSINS! So, maybe don't try to have them date.

And two teens, sitting around playing checkers? Do the writers know any actual teens? 

Not by blood.  I remember when Lucas had a crush on Maxie while Georgie simultaneously had a crush on him. And they were raised as cousins (though again not by blood).

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Dev, he and Joss are COUSINS! So, maybe don't try to have them date.

But they aren't.  Joss is Sonny's stepdaugher.  Dev is supposed to be Sonny's father's cousin's grandson.  The math is too hard on my brain, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make them related in any way shape or form.  Maybe there's a step something or other but it's too far removed.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But they aren't.  Joss is Sonny's stepdaugher.  Dev is supposed to be Sonny's father's cousin's grandson.  The math is too hard on my brain, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make them related in any way shape or form.  Maybe there's a step something or other but it's too far removed.  

If Joss were Sonny's Daugter, Joss and Dev would be third cousins.  Not illegal anywhere in the world.  But when you throw the step in there, it's really really nothing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Not by blood.  I remember when Lucas had a crush on Maxie while Georgie simultaneously had a crush on him. And they were raised as cousins (though again not by blood).

Which was incredibly stupid, because Tony and Bobbie had gotten Lucas when he was a baby and were able to officially adopt him when he was a toddler. Despite Frisco's abandonment, Tony Jones was acknowledge as Maxie and Georgie's uncle. I had never been so happy to see a character become gay than Lucas 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I don’t care about Joss and Dev being fake step relatives. It’s not like they grew up together as family. However I found Maxie/Lucas/Georgie icky even though Lucas is adopted. They did grow up together and had known each other their whole lives as family. Adopted family is still family so I was glad they dropped that. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2

As always, the show tries to have things both ways, by ignoring family ties (that are real with Georgie/Lucas/Maxie regardless of blood) when it’s convenient for the story. And this is what happens when you insist on giving everyone a family tie on the show—love interests get complicated and limited.

• Love 2

If Molly had walked into the hospital and seen Alexis walking around with an amputation of the whole arm at the shoulder level, I don't think Haley Pullos could have overplayed Molly's shock and alarm more than she did over a cast. Dial. It. Down. I really appreciate the people on this show who are always in the right zone, because there are distinct camps of "too much" and "too little" (ahem, KeMo) and I'm sure there's pressure to be pulled into one or the other.  

The osteoporosis scenes did feel especially PSA-y. Alexis even had dialogue like (paraphrasing) "I never thought this could happen to me!" It was a good point a page or so ago about how it's always the female characters who get these stories. Not that I'm rooting for Robert Scorpio to get a prostate-cancer scare so we can have Finn talking about the results of his PSA (the other kind of PSA, I mean) and the importance of routine screenings over the age of whatever. Maybe they're going by what they imagine to be the target audience.

• LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Not that I'm rooting for Robert Scorpio to get a prostate-cancer scare so we can have Finn talking about the results of his PSA (the other kind of PSA, I mean) and the importance of routine screenings over the age of whatever. Maybe they're going by what they imagine to be the target audience.

Robert already had that storyline on Nightshift II and it was done better and with more respect. Not only to the character, but the history. Sri Rao gets FULL CREDIT for that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't think Haley Pullos could have overplayed Molly's shock and alarm more than she did

That's kind of my ongoing problem with the actress-- she's always dialed up to 11. TJ ghosted me! I slept with someone when I thought TJ ghosted me? TJ can never know I slept with Brando! Brando and TJ can't be friends! Mom! what are you doing at the hospital! The hospital is under attack from a drug dealer!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Molly has always been a big reactor. Sam and Jason were the bestest love story evah! When they broke up it was an international tragedy! I do think HP should dial things back a bit, because osteoporosis is not a death sentence, FFS. Neither is a broken wrist. Nor a ONS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I do think HP should dial things back a bit, because osteoporosis is not a death sentence, FFS. Neither is a broken wrist. Nor a ONS.

I wish I could like this post a GAZILLION MILLION TIMES!

I find it really insulting how this show is handling Osteoporosis as some DREADED DISEASE! 🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

• Love 7

Maybe the hysteria gene is hereditary because Sam was intolerable today.  I kept wanting her to shut up because I was really enjoying the Alexis/Valentin scene.

Maxie, please don't set up Brando with Sasha. Poor guy has enough problems.

Today was a welcome relief from the Corinthos tragedy. I think they only mentioned it half a dozen times.

• Love 6

Apparently, now that pure as the driven snow Sam has reunited with with her hitman husband, her whole purpose in life is going around town looking for people that she can sanctimoniously treat like shit. So over it.

#team Valentine  -- and I'd love to see him offer to go to the memorial service with Alexis, for support. But I probably can't have nice things.

Edited by rur
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Are Lulu and Elizabeth on good terms? Or is this a matter of disliking Cyrus enough they can talk? They so rarely interact I can't remember.

I think Nik made a mistake when he said he was sorry Spencer never got a chance to meet Carly's father. Wasn't he in town before Spencer was born? I think he meant Sonny's dad, i.e., Mike. 

14 minutes ago, rur said:

Apparently, now that pure as the driven snow Sam has reunited with with her hitman husband, her whole purpose in life is e going around town looking for people that she can sanctimoniously treat like shit. So over it.

Sam is sanctimonious even when she's not with Jason. Look at her abuse of Julian. Ugh. And she barges into Alexis's house and starts railing at Valentin knowing nothing, and not trusting that her mom wouldn't have Julian there if she didn't want him there. Shut up, Sam, and go away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

and not trusting that her mom wouldn't have Julian there if she didn't want him there.

You meant Valentin right?  Also, she gets her panties in a bunch when she sees Alexis' cast and blames Valentin, like he came over and broke Alexis arm then put it in a cast.  What a dummy.  

Maxie was also on my last nerve today.  She's all up in Brando's business.  She barely knows this guy, none of her questions were appropriate.  And the opening comment about what did he do to Sam that she's given her stamp of approval.  LIke anyone needs effin' Sam's stamp of aproval to live their life.  GUH.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, rur said:

and I'd love to see him offer to go to the memorial service with Alexis, for support.

She did ask for his car and driver since she can't drive with the cast on right now.  So maybe he'll go with her since he'd have to be dropped off somewhere anyway.  But since it has nothing to do with CarSaSonSam, I doubt we'll see it.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant Valentin right? 

Yeah, Valentin. Brain fart!

5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Maxie was also on my last nerve today.  She's all up in Brando's business.  She barely knows this guy, none of her questions were appropriate. 

Seriously. You know if any unknown dude had asked her those same questions, she'd go ballistic.

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

So maybe he'll go with her since he'd have to be dropped off somewhere anyway.  But since it has nothing to do with CarSaSonSam, I doubt we'll see it.  

Well, Cyrus is likely connected to the drugs Neil took, and Cyrus and Sonny are enemies, so who knows?

• Love 1

So... Valetin and Alexis are not related now? But I'd rather see Alexis with Finn. Also, that cast is way too big for her. 

Has Maxie taken bitch lessons from Carly and Sam's School of Entitled Bitchery? If I was Brando I would have handed her keys back and told her to fuck off. Having said that, Brando has good chemistry with most of the ladies. I wonder who will end up getting him. 

I hope they are not going to just disappear Dustin when Dante gets back, cuz I want him away from Lulu. 

Why is Nik letting himself fall for Ava when Spencer hates Ava? Wasn't it one of Spencer's conditions for coming back that he get rid of Ava. 

• LOL 4
5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I hope they are not going to just disappear Dustin when Dante gets back, cuz I want him away from Lulu.

Dustin has the possibility of being in two triangles: Lulu/Dante (on his return) and BL/Chase. Not sure how I feel about either of these.

5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Why is Nik letting himself fall for Ava when Spencer hates Ava? Wasn't it one of Spencer's conditions for coming back that he get rid of Ava.

His (Nik's) penis.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

she gets her panties in a bunch when she sees Alexis' cast and blames Valentin, like he came over and broke Alexis arm then put it in a cast.  What a dummy.  

I was crying with laughter at that scene.  Apparently, Valentin is such an evil monster he broke into Alexis's house, broke her wrist, cast it right there...and then made tea and made her sit there having a civil conversation with him.  Also, KeMo's face still hasn't 'settled.'  If anything her lips looked bigger today.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Nik must have mispoken because I see no reason why Spencer would have cared if he'd ever met Carly's father.  Now Mike was his grandfather, and if he never got to meet him that is sad, but would be Mike's own fault since he was a very shitty and absent parent and grandparent.  

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Nik made a mistake when he said he was sorry Spencer never got a chance to meet Carly's father. Wasn't he in town before Spencer was born? I think he meant Sonny's dad, i.e., Mike. 

13 hours ago, ouinason said:

Nik must have mispoken because I see no reason why Spencer would have cared if he'd ever met Carly's father.  Now Mike was his grandfather, and if he never got to meet him that is sad, but would be Mike's own fault since he was a very shitty and absent parent and grandparent.  

Nik didn’t make a mistake. He said “Courtney’s father” not “[Shebeast]’s father.”

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Mike was around for the first couple of year of Spencer's life and with sorasing, Spencer would have remembered him. It's just that Spencer was sent away to boarding school a few years after Mike had left town. So with Spencer living in another country it would hard for Mike to see him on regular basis, but they could have still kept in contact via mail, internet, and phone calls.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was crying with laughter at that scene.  Apparently, Valentin is such an evil monster he broke into Alexis's house, broke her wrist, cast it right there...and then made tea and made her sit there having a civil conversation with him.  Also, KeMo's face still hasn't 'settled.'  If anything her lips looked bigger today.

Yes, Sam isn't very bright is she?  And the scene where they're discussing Alexis' medical issues with Valentin right there just felt super awkward, like if Sam thinks he's this evil person, why are they all sitting around talking like normal people?  And as much as I like Alexis, I want Valentin and Anna together and Alexis can have Finn--there I fixed it :)

The scenes with Maxie and Brando were kind of awesome in that Maxie wasn't even trying to hide her nosiness, she just straight up asked him point blank questions which he accepted rather good naturedly.  I like him, he can stay.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Brando/Maxie.  Get rid of LWB.  And Peter's spawn.

Were they chem testing Brando/Maxie? Seems like an odd time since they just saddled her with another pointless baby. Curious if they’re going to push Peter into Carly’s orbit so they can have one couple who can do love scenes. I’m all for Brando/Maxie. She’s age appropriate, and I didn’t mind their scenes today. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And the scene where they're discussing Alexis' medical issues with Valentin right there just felt super awkward,

Because it didn't sound like a conversation but a PSA for osteoporosis.  

Alexis:  I'm going to need to make lifestyle changes (in a full acknowledgement voice)

Sam:  YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE LIFESTYLE CHANGES, MOM(in an unecessarily loud, exasperated voice)

Me:  The fuckk?  She just said that (in a I want to punch Sam in the face, voice)

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The scenes with Maxie and Brando were kind of awesome in that Maxie wasn't even trying to hide her nosiness,

I was at a different table for this one.  I found Maxie to be in total bitch mode and none of her questions were any of her business.  I couldn't tell if the writers were going for exposition, in that Brando is Dev's "father" or if it was a meet-cute to move Maxie into his orbit and out of Peter's.  Either way, me no likey!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I love Alexis and Val together.  Bonus that Sam doesn’t want him around.

I'd love it if Alexis and Valentin team up for something slightly nefarious but ultimately harmless.

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nik didn’t make a mistake. He said “Courtney’s father” not “[Shebeast]’s father.”

I totally misheard that.

53 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Alexis:  I'm going to need to make lifestyle changes (in a full acknowledgement voice)

I cannot STAND the way they're making it sound as if Alexis suddenly can't eat anything but broth and will never be able to enjoy any of life's pleasures ever again. The "changes" she has to make are minimal and really, anyone without osteoporosis would benefit from avoiding liquor, making sure to get enough calcium, and doing weight-bearing exercise. This is hardly a sea change of behavior.

Edited by dubbel zout
added text
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I cannot STAND the way they're making it sound as if Alexis suddenly can't eat anything but broth and will never be able to enjoy any of life's pleasures ever again.

SHE CAN'T WEAR HEELS, OK????  I mean, let's mourn.  Surely there's a telethon for that...

Seriously, though, this storyline is really lame--or the way it's being treated is lame.  I did love how Valentin basically said as much to Alexis with his "better start planning your funeral" comment and Sam, of course, got all twisted that he wasn't being "sensitive."  His comment was exactly what Alexis needed to hear, re stop whining, it's not that tragic and your life isn't going to change in measurable ways.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

SHE CAN'T WEAR HEELS, OK????

She probably should avoid stilettos, but a nice chunky heel is fine. Sam is the one who would wither and die if she couldn't wear six-inch heels.

Edited by dubbel zout
added crucial "n't" to "could"
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously, though, this storyline is really lame--or the way it's being treated is lame.  I did love how Valentin basically said as much to Alexis with his "better start planning your funeral" comment

That had me rolling! Stop it, Show! You're making me start to love Valentin! If I do that, I'll feel like I'm betraying Robert!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Is KeMo playing her scenes wrong or is there some reason Sam is so angry all of the time? She’s had an insane amount of scenes this year where she’s yelling at someone and/or accusing someone of something that they didn’t do.

Earlier in the year, I thought it was intentional and she was lashing out because of the parole restrictions but I don’t know anymore. What is she so miserable all of the time? In the grand scheme of things, she’s in a better situation than 95% of characters but she’s one of the unhappiest. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

she was lashing out because of the parole restrictions

Yes, those unbelievably unfair parole restrictions the court had the nerve to expect her to follow. Poor Sam.

I HATE THAT STORY WITH THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND FIERY NUNS.

Edited by dubbel zout
gah, I can't spell today
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Ned's hissy fit with Julian was a bit much. Julian could have been less rude, but it's not his job to keep track of Olivia. It's not Ned's job, either, of course, but if he has a problem with his wife, it's not up to Julian to resolve that.

Ugh, stop your whining, Bobbie. You deserved to get the boot from GH. You acted illegally and unethically. Sucks to pay the consequences, doesn't it?

Brook is another one who's hissy fit was a bit much. Did she really expect to stay with Chase indefinitely? What an entitled brat. Again, I hate that they're writing her this way.

What's the deal with Julian and Ned thinking Nelle is still on the run? Isn't it common knowledge she went over the cliff? I thought the coverup was Carly's involvement, not that Nelle fell.

• Love 4

BrookLynn is such a petulant child. She was hasty when it came to signing that contract, immature about her dad refusing to pay the guy off (even though, as memory serves, Ned DID try), made a horrible decision to selfishly sell her shares to Valentin to get out of the contract, and is now mad at Ned for calling her out on her horrible and selfish decisions that had lasting repercussions for the entire family. And it's not just that she's mad at daddy. It's how she is acting. It's just so ridiculously immature. PLEASE don't put her with Chase. He and Willow, up until the stupid fake-cheat storyline, had a mature relationship where they talked through their issues. It was a breath of fresh air to see a relationship like that. There's no way that is possible with Brook Lynn. I'm ready for her to go back to New York and be written off. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What's the deal with Julian and Ned thinking Nelle is still on the run? Isn't it common knowledge she went over the cliff? I thought the coverup was Carly's involvement, not that Nelle fell.

No, Carly told police her and Nelle fought, then Nelle took off and she didn't know where she went.  No one except Carly and Jax knows she's "dead."