Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

They're seriously giving Carly a conscience when it comes to Nelle?

It's nice to see Stella again. I appreciate that she always tells it to Sonny straight, and he seems to accept it from her better than almost anyone else.

I so don't care about Nina's great search for the other necklace half. LOL that Abraham Dobkin, the jeweler, is basically in the MetroCourt. In Brooklyn. 

Add me to the list of people hoping Franco and Elizabeth are messing with Ava and Nik. Those last two are awful for setting up their supposed close friends.

ETA: The network promo is all about Mike dying, which had better happen today. We've already had weeks of Mike declining. 

• Love 5

Hi Britt!  Or should I say, Dr. Westbourne, COS!  I guess I'm supposed to be just OUTRAGED that she demoted Piph and cut Liz's hours, but...

* checks notes *

Nope!  Like Liz wouldn't do the same to Britt in her position.  And the Piph thing was a Cyrus call, probably because he has someone in mind he can control (Kim Delaney perhaps?).  It's also not Britt's fault Monica got her ass fired (sorry, Mon).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I think I would have preferred it today if the show created memories of Joss and Mike for her to reflect back on instead of showing us multiple versions of a future where Mike's still living. We already know Mike's going to miss milestones in Joss and everyone else's lives; dressing her up in a wedding dress to hammer home the sentiment is too cliché for me. As good as Max Gail's acting is, these scenes were underwhelming and way too Josslyn-centered. (Side note: has Kristina been mentioned at all lately, even in passing? This is her grandpa dying, too.)

Hey, Britt! Thank you for recognizing how Monica and Bobbie are 100% culpable for their actions and for questioning the ethics of their supporters!!

I hope however Liz and Franco's scheme to play Nikolas and Ava shakes out (it seems safe to say that's what's happening here), Nikolas winds up eating shit. He's so dismissive of Liz's marriage, whereas Ava has the grace to admit she doesn't actually want to jeopardize Franco's relationship, despite enjoying getting close to Franco.

As I've been typing this post Joss is STILL TALKING. Move over, Carly Jr., Mike has other family who might like to squeeze in a moment with him if you're done monopolizing a dying man's time with your idealistic fantasies.

• Love 12

Really hitting us over the head with Grandpa Mike, has Joss always called him that? Is Joss fantasizing about how important her and Mike are to each other? What lesson did Mike teach her about walking out on your family? um..ok🙄. Hope they finally kill Mike. Maurice has enough Emmy reel to stop making Mike and the audience suffer. And they clearly have run out of ways to prolong this. Grandpa 😂

Thank you Franco for pointing out the obvious. That post-nup was stupid, especially on Nik's part. After the DNA test he would have been given everything anyways, without the codicil. I don't want Ava falling for a man that doesn't want her but it seems like that is what might happen. I didn't think Friz was playing Nava, but when Franco was going through his phone, I thought he was going to show Nik the picture of Nik and Liz kissing. I don't know how anyone got a picture of Frava anyway, when they were inside the gallery. Are we to believe there are windows so the sun can ruin the paintings?

Nik is so smarmy in this story. I don't know if it is the writing or the acting. I don't buy that he actually cares about Liz, just wants to end her relationship so they can bone. And to go in for the kiss knowing what he stands to lose. He does realize losing the inheritance because he wanted to get his freak on would cause problems for him with his son, right?

Wasn't Finn in on stealing Ryans kidney? Of course he is ok with breaking the law when it suits him.

When Dev was talking to Cameron, he was looking over his head like they weren't in the scene together. At first I was confused when Cam said Dev was asexual because of the whole Joss thing. Then I remembered she liked him, but it wasn't really clear if he liked her as well. I think. Anyways, Team Camina. Joss can go off to college in Europe.

I like anytime Elizabeth has to pick her face up off the floor so Britt coming back is welcomed. Although one more person to prolong the painful Julian story is not. Liz working 2 days a week means more money issues 🙄.

I don't remember Portia and Britt doing anything together but Portia seemed to hate her as soon as she walked back in.

From the previews it looks like Ava is begging for time with Avery. I want this show to give these two joint custody once and for all.

• Love 4

I fast forwarded through all the Mike dying stuff. And I feel better for it. We  barely ended Joss grieving for Oscar and now we have to listen to her mourn Mike?

I have trouble believing that Franco and Liz are setting up Nik and Ava. While Franco might want good things for Ava, Liz hates Ava and cheered when she thought that Nik would be getting out of the marriage.

On the other hand, I am getting "Dev likes Cam" vibes from Dev. That might be the only way I could tolerate Dev.

I am so into seeing Britt shake up the hospital. Interesting how quickly Portia fell in line with the group think. But how can the new head of nursing move Liz from fulltime to 2 shifts a week?  Doesn't she have a contract?

4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm really not seeing what JaSam fans get out of that relationship. Jason gives Sam absolutely nothing. She agonizes about not being able to be with him, he's like, meh. She feels guilty for trading away her kids proxy @ ELQ to be with him, and he's like, meh.

Their relationship is an endless rinse/ repeat of Sam twisting herself in knots for him, and Jason being, meh.

My reading is that they're not JaSam fans, they're Jason fans. Relegating Sam to an adoring acolyte role is what they enjoy.

4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

"The bitch of it is that you probably did the right thing. But you did it in the wrong way. In the inconvenient way. Now you have to pay the penalty for that. I know it stinks, but that's the way it is." 

-- President Susanna Luchenko, Babylon 5:"Rising Star"

Any B5 reference gets a like from me. But I disagree that they did the right thing. The right thing would have been to treat Nelle like a parent and explain the operation to her and why they thought that Wylie needed it right away (which he didn't). In other words, follow the medical ethics that have been developed over the past couple of centuries.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm so tired of everyone acting as if Cyrus is Pol Pot, Stalin, and Hitler all rolled into one for firing two women WHO COMMITTED A CRIME.

But they committed a GOOD CRIME! For Sonny's family!

39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Stop being a hater.

/sarcasm

• Love 3

*sigh* 

That's a lot of screen time for Josslyn and Mike's nonexistent relationship. Any actor who is cast to be part of the Corinthii clan will never lack for a story, even when they have to be shoved deep into a story they don't belong with. Where's Mike's biological granddaughter? Mention of Donna and Avery, but Kristina? *crickets chirping* 

Here's Adela's watch my true granddaughter. You're more important than the other ones, She-Beast Jr.

I don't know what the writers were trying to do, but man that was bad. But the Josslyn actress got to play dress up for practically all her scenes, so good for her, I guess.

Let Mike die, already. If you don't want him to die with some dignity, then can I have some of mine back for sitting through this?

Whoever told the Britt actress that bangs were a good idea should be flogged. And what's Portia's problem with Britt? The others, sure. But Portia? The sheep mentality is strong. These characters have no personality.

Cyrus isn't the worst mobster to ever grace our screens. But Moobie is a great mobster who gets pardons from governors. Whatever, show.

The Cam / Dev scene was I wanna say weird, but then I get that being called asexual when he might not know where he stands with his own sexuality can be a hurtful thing.

But I honestly don't think GH should touch these subjects with a ten foot pole. GH is good at starting these storylines, then dropping them. Lucas and Brad barely got any screentime, then they lost their son because this is exactly what we all want to see, gay parents lose their children to the baby hoarders. I don't know what Kristina is. They seemed to want to make Val queer as well, but that went nowhere fast. And now Dev. Just stop it, writers. You are not being avant-garde or cute with your attempts, and you will butcher this as well I have no doubt.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Linny said:

I think I would have preferred it today if the show created memories of Joss and Mike for her to reflect back on instead of showing us multiple versions of a future where Mike's still living.

My thought after faux memory two was that Eden's getting an Emmy reel out of this story, too. 

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But how can the new head of nursing move Liz from fulltime to 2 shifts a week?  Doesn't she have a contract?

As has been proven over the  years, in Port Charles there are no unions, no contracts, and no such things as just cause and due process. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

We  barely ended Joss grieving for Oscar and now we have to listen to her mourn Mike?

SERIOUSLY. I guess I'd rather see Joss rather than Sonny mourn what Mike will miss, but that's not a very high bar. And Joss's list was ENDLESS.

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But how can the new head of nursing move Liz from fulltime to 2 shifts a week?  Doesn't she have a contract?

It seems to be all at Cyrus's direction, which is not what the head of the board of directors of a hospital does. Hiring Britt is one thing—that's an important enough role that I can accept his input—but getting into the nitty gritty of scheduling the nurses? And yeah, Elizabeth and Epiphany should be contacting their union pronto.

18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Cam / Dev scene was I wanna say weird, but then I get that being called asexual when he might not know where he stands with his own sexuality can be a hurtful thing.

It's also kind of a weirdly specific leap to make. I feel like that term was chosen to show how current the writers are about this stuff, and we all know that's not true.

(I'm very capsy today; SORRY.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Man they really worked overtime today to give EM an Emmy reel. I usually have a high tolerance for this show but even I had to ffwd those scenes after the first couple. That was terrible. I don’t get the point of fantasy scenes normally but if you do them, at least save them for something fun like unexpected characters hooking up.

These scenes just reminded me of that fantasy episode they did where Oscar’s cancer was cured. They aren’t interesting and Mike should have died 2 years ago so them endlessly prolonging the scenes have made me stop caring about the SL. 

• Love 6

Dev is going to turn out to be gay, huh?

Now if Cam also did too, that would be interesting, rather than the tired triangle where Joss wins without even trying over Trina.

Did the actress who played Britt cut her own hair, because it did not look good.

Don't care about Franco, Liz and the stupidity of Ava and Nikolas. I do wonder who took the photos of those non-kisses.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

If I was Mike, I would be praying for God to take me now so that I didn't have to listen to Sonny and Joss anymore! Jesus God they are annoying. I don't think a dying person really wants to hear someone blab on and on about all the shit they are gonna miss. Could she have made it any more about herself! And Sonny informing Mike that the doctor said his time was almost up, but only God knows for sure when exactly it will be. WTF?! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

*sigh* 

That's a lot of screen time for Josslyn and Mike's nonexistent relationship. Any actor who is cast to be part of the Corinthii clan will never lack for a story, even when they have to be shoved deep into a story they don't belong with. Where's Mike's biological granddaughter? Mention of Donna and Avery, but Kristina? *crickets chirping* 

Here's Adela's watch my true granddaughter. You're more important than the other ones, She-Beast Jr.

I could see why Avery and Donna wouldn't be able to visit Mike because they're so little, but where was Kristina?  And I lost it during the fantasy Homecoming scene:  "I didn't enter the race because other girls should get to be Queen"--apparently Josslyn has Homecoming Queen already sewn up because she's apparently that spectacular.  I hope Trina enters and wins then dear Joss can suck it 🙂

And as lovely as the actor playing Cam is, he doesn't need another character interested in him.  Let Dev struggle with his sexuality and he turns to Cam as a person to talk to and not lust over.

I do love Elizabeth but Franco is just too over the top, especially with all of his weird facial contortions.  I don't remember RH doing that on One Life to Live but then again, he wasn't a self-serving diva when he played Todd.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I do love Elizabeth but Franco is just too over the top, especially with all of his weird facial contortions.  I don't remember RH doing that on One Life to Live but then again, he wasn't a self-serving diva when he played Todd.

He definitely had his moments on OLTL.

Jesus Christ, show, save me from the Joss/Grandpa Mike revisionist bullshit.  They barely had any relationship and forcing this whole "I need to say goodbye to this oh-so-important person in my life" is just more pandering to Carly, Jr.  She's not that good, writers.  Maybe, just maybe, these scenes wouldn't feel so phony and hollow if one of his actual grandchildren was visiting with him, too.  But, nope, let's shoehorn Joss in.  In that fantasy of hers where Mike gave her a bracelet of Saint Adele's and she said "you should give this to Donna or Avery" all I could think was 'wow, way to erase Sonny's firstborn daughter from the narrative." 

In conclusion, can Mike just die already?  And then Sonny can do the chin quiver and Joss can sing at his memorial and we'll be DONE WITH THIS! /heartless

In other news, Britt's bangs are tragic and while I have zero interest in the character, seeing Pip get demoted was truly *chef's kiss.*

• Love 6
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know what Kristina is. They seemed to want to make Val queer as well, but that went nowhere fast. 

Kristina identified as bisexual to Daisy (girl from Dawn of Day) at the beginning of the cult story.

Disappointed the writers dropped the ball on the Kristina-Valerie (non)romance though, and with the way they've treated Brucas in the baby swap mess and afterward, it's clear that queer narratives aren't allowed to flourish in this space. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

"Self-serving diva" is actually quite an apt description of Roger Howarth on OLTL in the late 90's/early aughts. He phoned it in and mugged it up by turns, and it was infuriating. I do think the circumstances are different from then and now, of course. RH hated Todd and was super emotionally invested at the same time, and I doubt he gives much of a shit about Franco. RH objected to Todd being a romantic figure because he was a monster and would do his best to tank stories he disapproved of, while, again, I doubt he cares about Franco. It may be a healthier headspace he's in now, but I think he goes for the mugging and tics now because a) laziness, b) he was (re)hired to give the Roger Howarth Experience and by god that's what he'll do, c) laziness, and d) the character of Franco is so hollow that there is nothing for him, as an actor, to actually dig into. Also, laziness.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Where's Mike's biological granddaughter? Mention of Donna and Avery, but Kristina? *crickets chirping* 

Kristina, and I hate to say it, Michael, should have the primary focus in saying goodbye to Mike. They grew up alongside Ron Hale’s Mike and had an actual relationship with him. I will say though that I’m totally fine with Spencer not showing up. 

3 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

"Self-serving diva" is actually quite an apt description of Roger Howarth on OLTL in the late 90's/early aughts. He phoned it in and mugged it up by turns, and it was infuriating.

Word. Just YouTube Todd clips between 2001-2003. So bad. When RH is invested, his performance is on fire (see his 2011 return to OLTL) but when he’s over it, it really shows. 

• Love 6

I had to laugh when someone at the hospital mentioned that Mike was at the very end and then there was an extreme closeup on Epiphany. I realize it was supposed to convey that it was especially painful for her to hear. But it just had the feel of -- "Did someone say funeral? Just let me grab my 'You'll Never Walk Alone' sheet music and I'll be right there!!!"

• LOL 11

What fresh hell was that yesterday? I managed to watch it under 10 minutes.

Fast forwarded 95% which was all MiniSheBeast: Trying to be passed off as Robin, Part Deux. GIANT FAIL!

And a BIG FAT NO! to Britt as Chief of Staff. She’s got to be disingenuous when she was spouting all that drivel about Cyrus, right? Like she has any standing to say anything with her own history. And she is just like her mother.

It looked like someone was spying on both Nik and Liz and Franco and Ava-the way it was framed, it looked like someone was taking pictures.

And no, Nik. You and Liz don’t “fit.” You and Liz were involved in a sleazy affair and Liz always looked disgusted after you guys had boinked.😒😒😒

But I was also cheering at Epiphany’s demotion. She’s one who has gotten too big for her britches. She only makes me miss Jessie all the more.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Kristina identified as bisexual to Daisy (girl from Dawn of Day) at the beginning of the cult story.

I didn't even remember that. 

Disappointed the writers dropped the ball on the Kristina-Valerie (non)romance though, and with the way they've treated Brucas in the baby swap mess and afterward, it's clear that queer narratives aren't allowed to flourish in this space. 

That's why they shouldn't write those stories. For me this was never about writing an actual storyline about queer characters. It was just something they were ticking off their to-do list. I think we all knew that Lucas ending up with Michael's child was not going to end well for him and Brad. But as long as Michael gets his son back and bags himself the woman he wanted from the go, who cares about the rest.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's why they shouldn't write those stories. For me this was never about writing an actual storyline about queer characters. It was just something they were ticking off their to-do list. I think we all knew that Lucas ending up with Michael's child was not going to end well for him and Brad. But as long as Michael gets his son back and bags himself the woman he wanted from the go, who cares about the rest.

While I hated the recast of Leo (even if he was being played by his brother(who I didn’t find as hot)), Nightshift II did a better job of that, thanks to the AWESOME Sri Rao. Not that Leo was the one who was gay; but his Leo was SUCH a whiny man-boy! Total 180 of the oh so COOL Leo that was on this show.

Plus Sri actually RESPECTED the show’s history and the characters.

I really resented Josslyn's scenes yesterday. I have nothing against blended families and think it's great that she and Mike thought of each other like family. That's all fine and good, but to see those scenes for her knowing that Mike's own blood granddaughter would very likely never get similar scenes or any scenes at all really grated on my nerves. I know Kristina isn't as valued as Michael or Josslyn, but come on! Those scenes should have been hers. We NEVER saw Josslyn being close w/Mike prior to this storyline. They retconned an entire relationship just to get EM an Emmy! It's ridiculous. I can't even say if the scenes were well-played b/c I muted my tv. The scenes seemed overly long, out of place, and OTT. They could have at least mentioned that Kristina had been by to see Mike or something. This show and its favoritism for certain characters is too much. 

Cameron's comment to Dev was ridiculously rude and mean.  Call me crazy but just b/c Dev hasn't mentioned being interested in anyone doesn't make him gay or asexual! He may just not be interested in dating anyone. Maybe he's not into any of the girls at that school. Maybe he keeps his feelings to himself. Who knows, but for Cameron to declare him asexual and then smirk about it was just nasty. I know some think he's expressed interest in Cameron, but I've never seen that. Could Dev be gay? Sure, I guess, but why? It's not like GH plans to bring on another gay teen for him to interact with, and even if they did, it's not like GH would write for them so why bother? We see what this regime does it w/gay characters so why bother adding more? The only writer who actually wrote for the gays and treated them like normal soap characters was RC, and he's long gone. There is zero point to Dev being gay or asexual unless they just want another "Felix" for the teen set - someone to listen to the others' relationship woes and not be a character in his own right. 

And Cameron did seem quite smitten by the looks Josslyn was throwing him. Ugh. I liked Cameron/Trina, but this show is probably going with Cameron/Josslyn. Whatever. Josslyn is pretty much a mini-SheBeast, so I don't care about a Cameron/Josslyn pairing. Dev did give Cameron good advice. If there is one girl he likes more, he should just ask that girl out and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe something interesting will happen at this dance to move this story along. 

So, the Friz/Nava stuff was confusing for me today and had me second-guessing whether Friz is playing Nava. I still feel like they may be, but I don't understand the goal or point of their scenes. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like Frava have a genuine friendship. I honestly don't think Ava wants to ruin Franco's marriage. As I see it, she feels if Nikolas makes a play for Liz and Liz takes it, that speaks to Liz and may mean Liz doesn't deserve Franco. Franco seemed to be telling her to try to make her marriage real or make Nikolas fall for her since she sort of likes him. I don't know. They seem to care about each other. On the other hand, they have Liz acting like her marriage is on its last leg and is about to fall apart, and I guess I just didn't think their argument was that serious. LOL! She's so OTT w/Nikolas, I can't help but think it's a setup. Nikolas hates Franco and thinks Liz deserves better, so he'd be happy if her marriage fell apart. I don't see him as looking out of her. Anyway . . . . I am not sure what is going on, but I'm ready to move on. LOL! If they intend for Nava to develop true feelings for each other, they need to get the story moving in that direction. It's been too long.

GH is dragging out too many stories, IMO. Maybe the pandemic is influencing me . . . but I feel like 2021 is right around the corner, and we'll still be seeing these same stories. 

• Love 7

Friday's ep was the first time we heard Mike was now hours/days away from death instead of months. I don't like how Josslyn hogged the time, but the preview for Monday did show Michael there. Hopefully the writers remember Kristina is a relative, too, and we see her. But for Friday, I didn't mind that not that many relatives were there.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I really loved the interplay between Valentin and Martin, there were a lot of asides that seemed off the cuff and it looks like JPS and MEK were having a superb time playing off each other.

Isn't great to watch two actors skilled at their craft? I too picked up a bit of improvisation between the two, and it did seem like they both enjoyed having someone "live" to play against.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:46 PM, statsgirl said:

I'm so tired of the 'Mike is dying' story. Surely MB must have enough on his Emmy reel by now.

I'm relived for both the actor and the character that the Michael Cortinthos Sr. "Never Can Say Goodbye" tour is finally coming to an end. Friday I thought about the old gangster movie "The Roaring Twenties" with Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney. Bogie's character shoots Cagney, who then proceeds to walk several blocks and do a little dance up and down some courthouse steps before finally dying. That death scene must have taken damn near 10 minutes. 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

But yeah, they've turned Cyrus into this meandering Creepy Stalker who just likes to talk, talk, talk. Well, except when he told his goons to beat up Brando.

Cyrus does talk an awful lot, doesn't he? Makes me wonder if the actor's contract has him getting paid by the spoken word.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I could see why Avery and Donna wouldn't be able to visit Mike because they're so little, but where was Kristina? 

I do love Elizabeth but Franco is just too over the top, especially with all of his weird facial contortions.  

THIS. I decided not to watch the Josslyn/Mike scenes after seeing the preview because Mike is Kristina's grandpa! Josslyn's grandpa was the late John Jax. Kristina got to be in scenes with her sisters and her grandpa's cousin Brando, but there has been no acknowledgement (as far as I know) all this time between Sonny and Kristina that Grandpa Mike is ill and dying? Kristina should have a scene of looking at photos of Avery and Donna, and telling Grandpa they will grow up knowing who he was. What gets me is that in the scene where S&C have Mike meet newborn Donna, he lists all his grandchildren to them, and Josslyn was not on the list. They smiled at him and said he was correct - it was a 'yay Mike can still remember things' moment. There was no correction that he was forgetting Joss. And then just this week in the Joss/Cam/Dev park scene, Joss told them she was going to Turning Woods to visit "Mike" - not "Grandpa" or even "Grandpa Mike." I don't think Joss has ever called him anything but Mike to his face or when speaking to her mother, Sonny, and others about him.   Contrast that with Cam, who refers to Laura as "my grandma" when speaking to anyone about her and he calls her "Grandma" whenever he sees her, even knowing now that Lucky wasn't his bio father.  He was raised to consider her to be his grandmother; I can recall when Cam and Jake were little boys, out looking for a Christmas tree with JJ's Lucky and Elizabeth Lucky told them a story and said "Grandma Laura." Carly and Sonny never did that with Joss re: Mike.  I think Joss has only known Mike starting when she was a tween, with this actress in the role once Carly moved herself back into Sonny's house - this time with her daughter.

Totally agree about Franco. Blech.

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And no, Nik. You and Liz don’t “fit.” You and Liz were involved in a sleazy affair and Liz always looked disgusted after you guys had boinked.😒😒😒

But I was also cheering at Epiphany’s demotion. She’s one who has gotten too big for her britches. She only makes me miss Jesse all the more.

Compared to Elizabeth and Franco, Nikolas and Elizabeth do fit. He knows her history and really knows her as a person - her insecurities, what she values, how hard she has worked being a nurse and single mom. Franco IMO has never been the right partner for Elizabeth. He is obsessively in love with her because he sees her and her sons as his redemption. I may be in the minority, but I don't believe either Franco or Elizabeth love each other for who they truly are. 

When you say Jesse, do you mean a character or a former GH actor?

4 hours ago, lala2 said:

but to see those scenes for her knowing that Mike's own blood granddaughter would very likely never get similar scenes or any scenes at all really grated on my nerves. I know Kristina isn't as valued as Michael or Josslyn, but come on! Those scenes should have been hers. We NEVER saw Josslyn being close w/Mike prior to this storyline.  

Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like Frava have a genuine friendship. I honestly don't think Ava wants to ruin Franco's marriage. As I see it, she feels if Nikolas makes a play for Liz and Liz takes it, that speaks to Liz and may mean Liz doesn't deserve Franco. Franco seemed to be telling her to try to make her marriage real or make Nikolas fall for her since she sort of likes him. I don't know. They seem to care about each other. On the other hand, they have Liz acting like her marriage is on its last leg and is about to fall apart, and I guess I just didn't think their argument was that serious. LOL! She's so OTT w/Nikolas, I can't help but think it's a setup. Nikolas hates Franco and thinks Liz deserves better, so he'd be happy if her marriage fell apart.

Totally agree!

Frava have a genuine friendship and used to be lovers, so I would find them getting together more organic and realistic than Franco and Elizabeth's entire so-called courtship.  Elizabeth being willing to marry Franco while he was literally in a jail cell speaks volumes about her self-esteem in relationships.  What Ava doesn't understand is that Franco never deserved Elizabeth to begin with. Ava wanting to emphasize Franco's past as a serial killer to promote his art, and Franco thinking "well maybe that's not a bad thing" shows that they are both far from being healthy people. Elizabeth is rightly embarrassed that Franco's serial killer past would be publicized if Ava went ahead with her plans. That's part of why you don't marry a former serial killer in the first place, Liz. 

Don't even get me started on Anna's behavior, and Britt being COS. Demoting a nurse who has three children shows the kind of person Britt is. She will still justify/gloss over anything she or Brad has done. She's really no better than Carly. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

THIS. I decided not to watch the Josslyn/Mike scenes after seeing the preview because Mike is Kristina's grandpa! Josslyn's grandpa was the late John Jax. Kristina got to be in scenes with her sisters and her grandpa's cousin Brando, but there has been no acknowledgement (as far as I know) all this time between Sonny and Kristina that Grandpa Mike is ill and dying? Kristina should have a scene of looking at photos of Avery and Donna, and telling Grandpa they will grow up knowing who he was. What gets me is that in the scene where S&C have Mike meet newborn Donna, he lists all his grandchildren to them, and Josslyn was not on the list. They smiled at him and said he was correct - it was a 'yay Mike can still remember things' moment. There was no correction that he was forgetting Joss. And then just this week in the Joss/Cam/Dev park scene, Joss told them she was going to Turning Woods to visit "Mike" - not "Grandpa" or even "Grandpa Mike." I don't think Joss has ever called him anything but Mike to his face or when speaking to her mother, Sonny, and others about him.   Contrast that with Cam, who refers to Laura as "my grandma" when speaking to anyone about her and he calls her "Grandma" whenever he sees her, even knowing now that Lucky wasn't his bio father.  He was raised to consider her to be his grandmother; I can recall when Cam and Jake were little boys, out looking for a Christmas tree with JJ's Lucky and Elizabeth Lucky told them a story and said "Grandma Laura." Carly and Sonny never did that with Joss re: Mike.  I think Joss has only known Mike starting when she was a tween, with this actress in the role once Carly moved herself back into Sonny's house - this time with her daughter.

Compared to Elizabeth and Franco, Nikolas and Elizabeth do fit. He knows her history and really knows her as a person - her insecurities, what she values, how hard she has worked being a nurse and single mom. Franco IMO has never been the right partner for Elizabeth. He is obsessively in love with her because he sees her and her sons as his redemption. I may be in the minority, but I don't believe either Franco or Elizabeth love each other for who they truly are. 

Frava have a genuine friendship and used to be lovers, so I would find them getting together more organic and realistic than Franco and Elizabeth's entire so-called courtship.  Elizabeth being willing to marry Franco while he was literally in a jail cell speaks volumes about her self-esteem in relationships.  What Ava doesn't understand is that Franco never deserved Elizabeth to begin with. Ava wanting to emphasize Franco's past as a serial killer to promote his art, and Franco thinking "well maybe that's not a bad thing" shows that they are both far from being healthy people. Elizabeth is rightly embarrassed that Franco's serial killer past would be publicized if Ava went ahead with her plans. That's part of why you don't marry a former serial killer in the first place, Liz. 

I couldn't agree more with you about Kristina and Josslyn. Josslyn has never referred to Mike as her "grandpa." Friday's scenes were so contrived and clear Emmy bait. I couldn't appreciate them at all, esp. since Kristina has had no mention or scenes w/her own grandfather. Dopey Michael has been by w/Willow and his brat a couple of times now, but nothing for Kristina! Why? They can't even bother to mention her or fake like she's been by to see him. It's ridiculous. 

I will disagree w/you about Franco not truly loving Elizabeth for who she is and not being deserving of her. I've never really been a Liz fan, so there is nothing about Franco - in my mind - that makes him so much lower than her and undeserving of her "precious" love. Honestly, who is she? She's no one special in my book. The story is a tumor caused Franco's serial killing, so to me, Elizabeth can fall for him just like she fell for mass murderer Jason! I really see no difference. Franco randomly killed people, and Jason kills targeted people. Both are still murderers. 

That said, I believe Franco does truly love her. I think Liz loves him, but she doesn't really accept him for who he is.

I loved the Frina pairing and thought MS and RoHo had great chemistry.  Jelly came along and broke them up b/c they were too "isolated." Ummm . . . okay.  Jelly then moved Franco into Liz's orbit and slowly built up the Friz relationship. It went from friendship to eventual love. I enjoyed it. I'm a huge RoHo fan and feel his has chemistry w/everyone, so it was easy for me to become a Friz fan.  I thought Liz truly accepted him. I have never thought she's only w/him b/c of low self-esteem or anything. Liz has no self-esteem issues that I can see. To me, her marrying him while he was in jail showed that she truly accepted him and believed in him, but her whole reaction to Ava bringing up his past shows she really hasn't accepted him. We may agree on that. IMO, Liz wishes he had never been a serial killer, and she spends far too much time - IMO - worried about how others perceive him. Franco will never escape his serial killer past. It's just not gonna happen, so I wish Liz would stop worrying about how others see Franco and just love him the way he loves her. Other ppl don't need to understand her relationship w/this man. The only ppl that matter are her and her kids and him. That's it. This man loves her and only her. She doesn't have to fight another woman for his affections. He loves her boys. He wants to put them through school. He wants to make her happy in every possible way. He was looking at her w/such love and adoration during that telethon, and she was giving him the stank eye. I just don't get her! LOL! Liz should appreciate what she has in Franco and forget about everyone else. Plus, if his past can bring in some big bucks . . . . . go for it I say!! 

But . . yeah . . if they screw up Friz, I would jump on the Frava train so fast! I think RoHo and MW have great romantic and friendship chemistry. They did on ATWT too! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

For me this was never about writing an actual storyline about queer characters. It was just something they were ticking off their to-do list.

It's the same with Terry.  She's been on-canvas, what, like a year?  And what do we actually know about her besides she's friends with Liz?  As I've said previously, the show deserves some kudos for having a trans character played by a trans actress, but when they use her so sparingly and then pat themselves on the back about it, it comes off very performative.  Especially when the UK soaps have done a light-years better job.

ETA...and I STILL think, instead of this retconned friend of Liz, it should have been Sarah who came back having transitioned.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, lala2 said:

Josslyn is pretty much a mini-SheBeast,

Which is why she got Adela's bracelet instead of the three grand-daughters who shares Adela's genes. Joss has no need of heirlooms from Adela, she's got all of Lady Jane's and will probably inherit some things from Bobbie.

It's also why she's getting the writing for an Emmy reel for the second year instead of Trina who is played by a better actress. And she'll probably get Cameron too while Trina loses the guy she likes as well as her father.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Demoting a nurse who has three children shows the kind of person Britt is.

That would be the Director of Nursing who was responsible for demoting Elizabeth, whoever got Pip's old job. I'm no fan of Epiphany and her bossy Sonny-worshiping self  (the last time I liked her was in Night Shift) so the idea that she's prevented from seeing patients and relegated to paperwork warms my cold heart.

Everyone (Finn, Liz, Portia, Epiphany opposing Cyrus and any policies he's putting in is so stupid. What did they think was going to happen when they oppose the new boss non-stop?

Cyrus ran a large illegal drug organization. He could have good organizational skills to help a hospital in money trouble.* Don't dismiss him so quickly. And don't be so outright contemptuous.

*I know, never going to happen on this show.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Which is why she got Adela's bracelet instead of the three grand-daughters who shares Adela's genes.

I thought it was a cheap watch.   Which given the age, probably no longer worked.  "Here's Adela's Timex." 

• LOL 1
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Which is why she got Adela's bracelet instead of the three grand-daughters who shares Adela's genes. Joss has no need of heirlooms from Adela, she's got all of Lady Jane's and will probably inherit some things from Bobbie.

Joss got the heirloom because it was Joss' fantasy not Mike's. Of course, she would be the star in her own little fantasies.

I just surprised that scenes took place between Joss and Mike rather Sonny and Mike.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, YaddaYadda said:

And what's Portia's problem with Britt?

They overlapped briefly when Britt came back in March/April.  Britt was pretty much in Liz' face at the hospital and Liz/Portia are good friends because of the Cam/Trina friendship.   Can't remember if there was a Britt/Portia overlap at the time, and too lazy to check but it might just be Portia's loyalty to Liz that's coming out in her animosity.  Besides, you know in offscreen land, where more exciting things occur, all hospital staff gossip about each other, and Britt's name would certainly come up!

• Love 1
On 9/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

but where was Kristina?

I read that Lexi is doing a movie somewhere.  I'm guessing if that's the case Covid rules wouldn't allow her to be on two different sets at the same time.  They should bring Lindsay Hartley back to play Kristina for the funeral!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Cyrus ran a large illegal drug organization. He could have good organizational skills to help a hospital in money trouble.* Don't dismiss him so quickly. And don't be so outright contemptuous.

The contempt dripping off Liz's words when she mentioned Cyrus' drug dealing to Britt was so hard to take seriously when you remember she associates regularly with mobsters and married a SERIAL KILLER.

And it was telling that her response to Britt noting how unethical Monica and Bobbie's actions were was just to say the surgery was a success.  That's not the point, Liz, what Monica and Bobbie did was unethical!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's the same with Terry.  She's been on-canvas, what, like a year?  And what do we actually know about her besides she's friends with Liz?  As I've said previously, the show deserves some kudos for having a trans character played by a trans actress, but when they use her so sparingly and then pat themselves on the back about it, it comes off very performative.  Especially when the UK soaps have done a light-years better job.

ETA...and I STILL think, instead of this retconned friend of Liz, it should have been Sarah who came back having transitioned.

The UK soaps are so much better at writing the LGBT characters a lot of them are frontburner it's sad how bad GH is at it not that the other soaps are any better at it.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

I've never really been a Liz fan, so there is nothing about Franco - in my mind - that makes him so much lower than her and undeserving of her "precious" love. Honestly, who is she? She's no one special in my book. The story is a tumor caused Franco's serial killing, so to me, Elizabeth can fall for him just like she fell for mass murderer Jason! I really see no difference. Franco randomly killed people, and Jason kills targeted people. Both are still murderers. 

That said, I believe Franco does truly love her. I think Liz loves him, but she doesn't really accept him for who he is.

It went from friendship to eventual love. I enjoyed it. I'm a huge RoHo fan and feel his has chemistry w/everyone, so it was easy for me to become a Friz fan.  I thought Liz truly accepted him. I have never thought she's only w/him b/c of low self-esteem or anything. Liz has no self-esteem issues that I can see. To me, her marrying him while he was in jail showed that she truly accepted him and believed in him,  It's just not gonna happen, so I wish Liz would stop worrying about how others see Franco and just love him the way he loves her. Other ppl don't need to understand her relationship w/this man. The only ppl that matter are her and her kids and him. That's it. This man loves her and only her. She doesn't have to fight another woman for his affections. He loves her boys. He wants to put them through school. He wants to make her happy in every possible way.

Elizabeth is special because she is a legacy character - the granddaughter of Audrey and Steve, central characters of the Show when it started.  She has grown up in Port Charles since age 14/15 and has connections to many other characters, past and present, through her history, her job as a nurse, and her sons. In fact, she is the only character still played by the original actress who was a teenage participant in the Nurse's Ball in the '90s who is still active in it every year. I feel he is undeserving of Elizabeth's love because he is an obsessive who shows that he doesn't respect others. Even if you hand-wave away what he did "because of the tumor," he is guilty of stalking (ex.:hiding in the backseat of Elizabeth's car when he was determined to date her), taunting Jason about his closeness to Jake, kidnapping Tom and locking him up with a shock collar in the name of "protecting Elizabeth" and then lying to her about it, screaming "Who cares about Sam?!" who was his victim when Elizabeth brought up something she said, dissing art therapy as a job that's beneath him, jealousy of her talking to a colleague (Dr. Munroe), begging Elizabeth not to dump him because "I need you; you make me better" and more.  I see him being an awful long-term role model for the boys and a partner who will act like a child whenever he doesn't get what he wants, for the rest of her life.  (His little protest/tantrum during the Nurse's Ball that Nikolas didn't put "Baldwin" in the scholarship named for Elizabeth is a recent example. The horror!) Sure he loves her, but not in a healthy way. There are have been days in the years since they got together when I think it would make Franco happy to hang a big sign on Elizabeth that says, "Property/significant other of Franco Baldwin."

Elizabeth got together with him when she wanted Ric to leave her alone and when she was depressed that Jakeson/Drew and Sam got together. There is a scene where she is sad after Sabrina was murdered;she laments to him about feeling alone due to loss of friends over the years. He says something like "You have me." This was not a situation where she "fell in love" because he was this great catch and he added to her already awesome life.  The Elizabeth who married GV's Lucky would never have settled for someone like Franco - a guy who once kidnapped her newborn son - or married him through the bars of a jail cell. 

I completely disagree that what other people think of Elizabeth's marriage to Franco doesn't matter, because she has three sons in school. Cam got into a fight with a classmate for trash talking his family. (He acknowledged that both the teachers and students thought Franco was guilty of murder.) Cam was just lucky he didn't get seriously hurt.  Kids/teenagers are known for being cruel and impulsive.  I kinda think it's inevitable that Franco will do something stupid and/or dangerous in the future and the kids will face backlash in school as a result. 

The fact that Franco appeals to no other woman in Port Charles, except maybe his ex-lover Ava, definitely does not mean that Elizabeth fell in love with a great man.  He had a great moment in sacrificing himself to save Cam, but one moment does not erase an unhealthy trajectory. (I don't count using himself as bait to lure out Ryan because that was Jordan's idea that he agreed to.)  Honestly, I still wish she and Dr. Matt Hunter had become a couple (I never understood what he saw in Maxie, ugh).

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The contempt dripping off Liz's words when she mentioned Cyrus' drug dealing to Britt was so hard to take seriously when you remember she associates regularly with mobsters and married a SERIAL KILLER.

I don't have a problem with her voicing contempt for drug dealing, because drug dealers shot up her ex-husband and left him for dead at the docks.  JJ's Lucky worked for the PCPD and was investigating drug dealing and drugs stolen from GH at the time. As a nurse, I'm sure she also sees her fair share of overdoses. 

Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake has a long history, and still an on-going association, with mobsters Jason and Sonny. That doesn't mean she's not allowed to have contempt for drug dealing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it was telling that her response to Britt noting how unethical Monica and Bobbie's actions were was just to say the surgery was a success.  That's not the point, Liz, what Monica and Bobbie did was unethical!

I wish the surgery hadn't been successful to shut everyone up about this. Like a positive outcome mitigates the illegality of Bobbie and Monica's actions. That's not how it works!

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wish the surgery hadn't been successful to shut everyone up about this. Like a positive outcome mitigates the illegality of Bobbie and Monica's actions. That's not how it works!

For real.  Also over the "well, it was Nelle who had her rights trampled over, so, bygones." 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I’m annoyed that they keep having characters like Liz or TJ parroting that it’s not a big deal and Cyrus was being evil for what he did. Michael saying it is one thing but they should know better since they are in the medical profession themselves. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

For real.  Also over the "well, it was Nelle who had her rights trampled over, so, bygones." 

I agree with this assessment. It was Nelle, big deal. Same thing with stealing Ryan's organ. He's a freaking serial killer. I don't care what anyone does to him.