Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Gotta  admire Cyrus -- when he said, "It was they . . ." today, my English teacher heart went pitter-pat.  I can't hate a man who's supposed to be the current evilest evil who ever eviled when he's one of the few who knows which pronouns to use. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, rur said:

Gotta  admire Cyrus -- when he said, "It was they . . ." today, my English teacher heart went pitter-pat.  I can't hate a man who's supposed to be the current evilest evil who ever eviled when he's one of the few who knows which pronouns to use. 

I know!!! This show still can't figure out when to use "I" and when to use "me," so I'm going to assume Jeff Kober made it right.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

So I went looking at what Neil's daughter died from in the wiki. So while they only say that she died, the cult she was in was about drugs. So his death might end up being tied to hers. And her death might end up being tied to Cyrus.

• Useful 3

I think Brick popping in to tell us that Sonny's amazing is almost worse than seeing Sonny being fawned on directly. Dude has zero personality outside of being a Sonny and Carly sychophant and today's scenes were especially tedious.

I'd watch a whole hour of Julian and Ava cat-burglaring together, y'all. Love that she pulled the fire alarm when the text message failed. And Ava making nice with Portia was much appreciated; am I alone in thinking there was chemistry between them? I would totally welcome the show letting Ava explore a different facet of her sexuality.

Sorry, Sam, you don't get to make entitled, self-centered decision after decision and come through with a flimsy "oops, my bad." Not buying it at all.

I worry about Alexis holding on to her sobriety and really hope the show doesn't make her full on relapse. It doesn't help that her primary support system is her toxic ex and her bitchy daughter (RIP to her friendship with Jax, since it seems nonexistent these days). NLG is very good at playing Alexis in misery, but man, I wish she didn't have to.

• Love 9

I loved Jason's shrug at Sam's angst over giving Valentin the proxy votes for Scout and Danny. I hope it makes her feel even worse, given that all of the repercussions were completely predictable. Way to cry over spilt milk, Sam. You're an idiot.

18 minutes ago, Linny said:

I think Brick popping in to tell us that Sonny's amazing is almost worse than seeing Sonny being fawned on directly. Dude has zero personality outside of being a Sonny and Carly sychophant and today's scenes were especially tedious.

He also cheerleads for Carly, so he's a total loss. Praising Sonny for showing a tiny bit of humanity toward his ailing father? Yes, Sonny is doing exceptional things there. Spare me the gross tongue bath.

20 minutes ago, Linny said:

I worry about Alexis holding on to her sobriety and really hope the show doesn't make her full on relapse. It doesn't help that her primary support system is her toxic ex and her bitchy daughter (RIP to her friendship with Jax, since it seems nonexistent these days). NLG is very good at playing Alexis in misery, but man, I wish she didn't have to.

Same here. I hope Alexis calls Finn, not her dunderheaded eldest daughter, if she feels the need to drink. Better yet, have her stay strong. It's so obvious there's something hinky about Neil's death. I'm glad she seems to realize that. She should funnel her feelings into figuring out what happened, not mooning over a glass of water that might be shot. Honor Neil by not replapsing.

Why the shaky cam in Colonel Tad Parker's office?

• Love 5

Sam saying that Cyrus firing Monica and Bobbie is Valentin's fault.  Ugh. No, Sam it's Carly's , Bobbie's and Monica faults for forging Nelle's signature and then destroying the evidence and covering up the crimes.

Does Martin think that Port Charles is a theft-free zone that he carries his most important papers with him? I'd be afraid of someone stealing that briefcase.

Carly is so revoltingly smug. Her expression as Brick was rude to Valentin  ... who cares what Brick thinks? He's a Sonny sycophant.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:56 PM, MarciNJ said:

and it isn't even summertime anymore.

If you're thinking about the Michael/Willow relationship (known as #Mildew on Twitter) , I don't think even teenagers would find it interesting. On the other hand, if they are trying yo get more 8 year old girl viewers ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Does anyone else find Sam's dialogue odd? Why does she care so much about the hospital? Why now? Jason doesn't care, so why does she? I'm sorry, but there is no world where I think Sam would care about something Q-related if Jason doesn't also care. Sam pretty much spits out what Jason says and thinks. She's hardly her own individual. If she was, she wouldn't have sold the proxies in the first place. I don't know. Jason's made it clear he doesn't care about the proxies and is not upset w/her, so what was she going on about today? 

What is going on w/Sam in general? None of her interactions w/Brando make any sense. Her whining to Jason about these proxies today was highly annoying. The writing for her is all over the place, and I just wonder if it's leading somewhere or if it's just bad writing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, lala2 said:

The writing for her is all over the place, and I just wonder if it's leading somewhere or if it's just bad writing. 

I think it's bad writing. Now that she's back with Jason, Sam is the ultimate disposable character. She only serves other people's storylines.

If Cyrus didn't kill Neil, who did?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Does anyone else find Sam's dialogue odd? Why does she care so much about the hospital? Why now? Jason doesn't care, so why does she? I'm sorry, but there is no world where I think Sam would care about something Q-related if Jason doesn't also care. Sam pretty much spits out what Jason says and thinks. She's hardly her own individual. If she was, she wouldn't have sold the proxies in the first place. I don't know. Jason's made it clear he doesn't care about the proxies and is not upset w/her, so what was she going on about today? 

I mean Jason has explicitly said he does not blame her in any way for what happened with ELQ and the hospital. Not only that, but he isn't concerned and believes that both situations will eventually get resolved that he isn't going to do anything about it.

It's like Sam is looking for an excuse to bring drama into her dull relationship with Jason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I mean Jason has explicitly said he does not blame her in any way for what happened with ELQ and the hospital. Not only that, but he isn't concerned and believes that both situations will eventually get resolved that he isn't going to do anything about it.

Because Michael doesn't have to worry about the custody of his son anymore, so now he will be able to focus on ELQ and save the day.

Thanks for giving out the whole storyline, writers. Now we have to sit through it and watch Michael don is dull cape of dull super hero.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam saying that Cyrus firing Monica and Bobbie is Valentin's fault.  Ugh. No, Sam it's Carly's , Bobbie's and Monica faults for forging Nelle's signature and then destroying the evidence and covering up the crimes.

Does Martin think that Port Charles is a theft-free zone that he carries his most important papers with him? I'd be afraid of someone stealing that briefcase.

Carly is so revoltingly smug. Her expression as Brick was rude to Valentin  ... who cares what Brick thinks? He's a Sonny sycophant.

I really loved the interplay between Valentin and Martin, there were a lot of asides that seemed off the cuff and it looks like JPS and MEK were having a superb time playing off each other.

Carly is horribly smug and it looks like her dear child Joss is following in her footsteps--poor Cam and Trina, having to put up with that hag running around talking about how she's NOT jealous that they kissed.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Carly is horribly smug and it looks like her dear child Joss is following in her footsteps--poor Cam and Trina, having to put up with that hag running around talking about how she's NOT jealous that they kissed.

It made me yell, "B!tch" at the TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

"Trina told me what happened and I'm fine with it."  Oh, do fuck off, Carly Jr., as no one--NO ONE--wondered about the state of your emotions.

The purpose of Brick today was...?  Honestly, I don't like Stephen Smith on ESPN and I certainly don't need him occasionally swanning into PC to blow smoke up Carly and Sonny's asses.

Also, shut up, Bobbie (shallowly, I know it's tough right now to get a haircut, but yikes, Jackie Zeman's hair looked beyond fried).  You got fired because you are responsible for the hospital getting sued--and rightly so.  Forging documents and then destroying them?  You're lucky you don't lose your license.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Joss also asked uncle Jason to "take care of" Nelle so Mildew could get custody of Wiley. I wish Jason had pressed her on what she meant by "take care of" because if Joss is asking stepdaddy's hitman to murder her nephew's mother she should have to say the words instead of talking around it. Make her own what is asking someone else to do. 

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Joss also asked uncle Jason to "take care of" Nelle so Mildew could get custody of Wiley. I wish Jason had pressed her on what she meant by "take care of" because if Joss is asking stepdaddy's hitman to murder her nephew's mother she should have to say the words instead of talking around it. Make her own what is asking someone else to do. 

In their world, “Take care of it” means “kill them.” And that’s exactly what MiniSheBeast was telling Jaysus to do.

• Love 5

I really didn’t need an episode with Bobbie, Carly, and Joss. They’re all insufferable and neither apple falls far from the tree. With Joss, I can’t tell if she’s actually interested in Cameron and jealous or if they are trying for a Jarly type friendship where she wants to be the most important person in his life. Either way, she was annoying today. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I really didn’t need an episode with Bobbie, Carly, and Joss. They’re all insufferable and neither apple falls far from the tree. With Joss, I can’t tell if she’s actually interested in Cameron and jealous or if they are trying for a Jarly type friendship where she wants to be the most important person in his life. Either way, she was annoying today. 

She wants to be the most important person in everyone's life. If Cam is interested in Trina, then Joss will be interested in Cameron. 

Also, who gives a fuck that you're okay with your two friends kissing, She-Beast Jr.? Go find Dev.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This show still can't figure out when to use "I" and when to use "me,

Neither can Three quarters of the American public, including senior executives with master’s degrees...🙄

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The purpose of Brick today was...?  Honestly, I don't like Stephen Smith on ESPN and I certainly don't need him occasionally swanning into PC to blow smoke up Carly and Sonny's asses.

I know. He's such a waste of airtime. I liked him better when he was an uncast name.

13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, who gives a fuck that you're okay with your two friends kissing, She-Beast Jr.?

I'm just glad she's at the point where "Oscar" isn't every third word she says.

• Love 5
On 9/7/2020 at 10:09 AM, Kiki777 said:

He is an amazing actor.  Sadly, I did not realize this until I saw him a few months back in a rom com where he had a very small part.  It’s Complicated with Meryl Streep.  He had like a 2-minute scene in which he played a plastic surgeon.  He looked exactly the same as he does on GH but his characterization was so far from Valentin that I didn’t recognize him until the scene was almost over.  I had to rewind and rewatch it.

And on a shallow note: as Valentin he is so creepy that I constantly forget how handsome he is.

Along similar lines, someone recently posted a snippet of WdV from a Canadian show. It definitely seems like physically, less of the muscle-y bulk, and artistically, less soapy menace and more comedy, is definitely him at his best self.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, lala2 said:

What is going on w/Sam in general? None of her interactions w/Brando make any sense. Her whining to Jason about these proxies today was highly annoying. The writing for her is all over the place, and I just wonder if it's leading somewhere or if it's just bad writing. 

Her irritation with Brando from the beginning has had the feel of a "cute" conflict-borne romance in the making. And despite the fact that the Jason we know and love doesn't give a shit about his mother, the way these scenes have been directed seem to hint that Jason is actually a bit put off by her actions. So this could all add up to a classic soapy temporary affair between Sam and poor Brando. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Meant to say above -- I find myself intrigued by Neil's death, as bummed as I am about it. If Cyrus didn't order a hit for...reasons...and it currently seems unlikely Neil was using, did someone sneak in with the intent of killing either him or Alexis? (Helena!)

I can't remember if anyone has questioned Neil's actual doctor, which would clear up whether he had a condition requiring injections that might have gotten tainted with Cyrus cooties. I personally wouldn't wander around naked with a syringe at my first sleepover date, and then rudely toss the empty under the bed, but ya never know.

• LOL 3
On 9/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, lala2 said:

I had to just 🙄🙄 during that whole exchange and what she told Alexis about being wrong. When she was whining, whining, wailing about how UNFAIR it was that she was being kept from Jaysus, she said that she didn't care what the consequences would be. And here, she can be with him, and she's whining, and whining about how she was wrong. Just shut up.

Is Smith, who plays Brick bored because he has to stay at home and can't be at the ESPN studio? I'd love for someone to put Brick through a compost machine a la Fargo. Butting his nose and getting in Col. Martin's face.

I really wish Valentin had responded to Bobbie with "Try it" for whatever threat she threw at him. This is the asshole who gleefully took the forged consent form and put it through the shredder and LIED about it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

I hate Sam but she's not responsible for the hospital being in Cyrus' hands. Neither is Valentin since it wasn't his responsibility to bail out the hospital. If we thought that, then we'd have to blame Sonny, Jason, Nikolas or Jax, all have a boatload of money, who could have bailed out the hospital and didnt.

Sam is one of four people responsible for Valentin getting his hands on ELQ though, along with BL, Skye and Maya, and to a certain degree Michael and Ned for not telling their family members not to sell their shares for any reason. Especially Ned since Tracy told him months ago that someone was making a play for the company.

Carly, Bobbie and Monica are responsible for the hospital issue, their actions causing Nelle to sue putting the hospital in a position to need help, enter Cyrus.

• Love 9

As someone who is a bit of a fuck up in life, I really want Brook Lynn to be the one that ends up saving ELQ from Valentin. She could work with him for a bit, have her conscious get to her and end up double crossing him. Brook Lynn just seems like such an underdog. 

• Love 3

Robert and Olivia: so pretty and shiny together.  I'm guessing though, that Olivia hadn't shut off her phone when she told Robert she was goign to Monte carlo with him and that will make Ned all butt hurt.  

That flashback of Holly and Robert brought me back to my teenage years.  TR was my first teenage celebrity crush and while I much preferred Robert/Anna, Robert/Holly holds a special place in my heart.  There was a scene of them in a hottub that made my teenage hormones kick in and I still remember it thirty something years later!!  I wish there had been more flashbacks today.  

I love Max Gail, but can Mike die already.  It's just being dragged out too long.  Also, Joss is not his granddaughter so stop calling him grandpa.  I know that she's Sonny's stepdaughter but that bugs me.  

Was there actually someone taking pictures of the Liz/Nik  and Franco/Ava kisses or was that just the show trying to be cute.  

Nina's necklace was done in 1991, TWENTY NINE years ago, yet the jeweler is able to find the receipt in about 8 minutes.  Sure.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why are they stretching out Mike's death like this? Do they have to play out every beat of his suffering? Can't they let him die in his sleep? I find it hard to watch and I'm hating every single second of this. 

I'm pretty sure Liz and Franco are setting up Ava and Nikolas. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why are they stretching out Mike's death like this? Do they have to play out every beat of his suffering? Can't they let him die in his sleep? I find it hard to watch and I'm hating every single second of this.

So Mo has his Emmy reel, most likely. I hope Max Gail gets an award, because he's been fantastic.

• Love 2

I had the same thought about Elizabeth and Franco playing Ava and Nikolas (didn't Elizabeth overhear the plan awhile back?).  Thought maybe Dev had gone back to Turkey, but no such luck.  Young Holly and Robert were so pretty (not that they're chopped liver now, but...).

• Love 6

I also agree w/those who think Friz are playing Nava, but honestly, Ava didn't say anything wrong or incorrect to Franco, IMO!

Elizabeth doesn't want Franco to succeed as an A-list artist again b/c that would mean his past would be raised and talked about, and she cannot handle that. She wants his past buried and forgotten so she doesn't have to think about who it is she WILLINGLY married. I honestly do not know why Elizabeth married a reformed serial killer if she cannot handle ppl bringing up his past. I love Franco, but the man was a serial killer. There is no world where this is not mentioned simply b/c he had a brain tumor. It will always be mentioned. People will never forget. If Liz has a problem w/that, that's on her! If GH were a halfway decent show, they would use this friction to show that Liz doesn't really accept Franco. And then Franco would move on  . . .  to Ava. 

I have been a huge Friz supporter, but with Elizabeth getting on my nerves lately, I've been loving the Frava vibes!! Frava has tons of chemistry, IMO! Darn this pandemic b/c I would have loved to see that kiss! I actually think Ava supports and accepts Franco (unlike Elizabeth) and would work well w/him. He wouldn't need to hide himself or be afraid to make art that is appreciated on a larger scale b/c his inescapable past is brought up again. She would understand that was inevitable and wouldn't let other ppl's opinions guide her. Elizabeth cares so much what other ppl think. It's sad and ridiculous.  I'm sorry. I just don't understand Elizabeth's problem w/Franco doing art again or people bringing up his past. None of it makes sense to me.  In my eyes, she's making an issue where there is none. 

ETA: If Friz is playing Nava like I suspect, I will be upset when Friz is upset w/them. IMO, Ava was just giving Franco her opinion. Franco was saying Liz doesn't like his past coming up, and Ava told him why she thinks that may be. Nik, on the other hand, is actively trying to get Liz to dump Franco, but I honestly think that's how he feels based on the things Liz is saying. If my friend was in a "crap" marriage, I may not support them in staying in that marriage simply b/c we're friends. I'm not sure how this plan is supposed to work, but GH writers are crappy. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is Smith, who plays Brick bored because he has to stay at home and can't be at the ESPN studio?

I think he was cast as Brick because he is a huge fan of Sonny/MB and they wrote the part in for him.

Um when did Mike become Grandpa to Joss, because she always had referred to him as Mike.

• Love 2
On 9/2/2020 at 9:35 PM, Tribefan said:

I physically cringe when Michael and Willow have a scene.  I HATE them together.  Hate. 

I do agree with this, but I think he and Sabrina were worse (they were a thing for about five minutes, weren't they?)

• Love 3

Robert and Holly Flashback! Thank you, Awesome Writer!

We all called it, but still: HOLLY!!!!

Just go the frack HOME, Olivia! You are so NOT needed for Robert to find Holly. Plus you have e young child who needs you. Unless Leo is being raised by the Nanny.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I HATE FRANK. I hope Robert puts Olivia on a plane back to Port Charles. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I HATE FRANK. I hope Robert puts Olivia on a plane back to Port Charles. 

He won't. Plus I'm not sure the dolt hung up the phone when she was leaving her message for Ned, so the whole conversation with her and Robert going to Monaco was probably recorded.

And I totally forgot she had a younger child. I'm glad the nanny and fired Monica are there to take care of him. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Um when did Mike become Grandpa to Joss, because she always had referred to him as Mike.

I think today.  Just wait til tomorrow when Michael and Willow shows up and she starts talking about all the great times they never had.

If Friz isn't playing Ava and Nikolas I'm going to be very disappointed.

• Love 4

Clearly I’m a heartless bitch because these Mike scenes are doing nothing for me. I love Max Gail and think he’s acting circles around everyone else without even saying a word. But come on already! Just let the character die. Mo can still have his Emmy reel while everyone tells Sonny what a great son he was and how sorry they are for his loss. Then maybe Wardrobe can find a shirt that fits him. Because the one he wore today was much too tight across the chest.

on a purely shallow note, TR is even more handsome now than he was 30+ years ago. And he was HOT back then!

• Love 10

I'm so tired of the 'Mike is dying' story. Surely MB must have enough on his Emmy reel by now.

I need the 'Nina's daughter' story to be over too. Both of these are dragging on too long.

I liked Olivia travelling with Robert. She can use a break from doing nothing but having hysterics and overplaying a Bensonhurst Italian mama. In terms of writing, it also makes Robert's search for Holly more interesting if he has someone he can talk to and play off of along the way instead of doing it all on his own.

• Love 8

After Nina found the jeweler who created the clasp on her necklace and he said that someone named Phyllis Caulfield had paid for it I'll predict that

Spoiler

Kim Delaney who is coming to GH

is going to play the role.

I apologize in advance, but I have no idea where to post this question.  

On the night before Neil died he said he wanted to become a chef. Alexis replied, "I've always wanted to have a personal chef" Help me out. I can't find any clips to back me up, but didn't Alexis already have a chef in Shawn Butler? I could swear he was a chef & cooked for her. But I could be remembering it wrong. I wish I could find a solid clip. 

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

on a purely shallow note, TR is even more handsome now than he was 30+ years ago. And he was HOT back then!

It's funny, but flashback Robert did nothing for me, I found him rather generic/average looking (aside from those gorgeous blue eyes). But present day Robert, I find super handsome and charismatic. 

• Love 1

I'm really not seeing what JaSam fans get out of that relationship. Jason gives Sam absolutely nothing. She agonizes about not being able to be with him, he's like, meh. She feels guilty for trading away her kids proxy @ ELQ to be with him, and he's like, meh.

Their relationship is an endless rinse/ repeat of Sam twisting herself in knots for him, and Jason being, meh.

Also, the blocking with the teens was weird-- Joss and Cam seemed to be ignoring any safe-distance rules but Dev did-- lurking in the background. I don't have any issues with the actor wanting to take any and all precautions-- but they need to get a little creative with the blocking or camera angles so that the social distancing is either less obvious or at least makes sense.

• Love 4

I’m still several days behind (because lately, there’s nothing about this show that compels me to watch it) but I haven’t seen any mention of the newest cast addition:

Fresh from a critically acclaimed, decades-long gig in the Catskills, it’s Moss 2! Currently displaying his formidable acting skills in the Jasam living room. Is there a spore-sational love story in our future? Stay tuned!

• LOL 4
On 9/3/2020 at 10:30 PM, ffwbe said:

Are we supposed to find Cyrus evil for firing Monica and Bobbie? Any hospital in the country would have done the same thing if this were real life. 

The same reason we're suppose to cheer Carly for locking Nelle on the roof overnight and to hate on Nelle for not consenting to the non-life-threatening surgery. Because Wiley, Michael's son and AJ's Sonny's grandson. And because Wiley lived, darn those pesky mortality odds, so everything is ethically correct,

Oh yeah, I posted this in March, but it needs updating:

"The bitch of it is that you probably did the right thing. But you did it in the wrong way. In the inconvenient way. Now you have to pay the penalty for that. I know it stinks, but that's the way it is." 
    -- President Susanna Luchenko, Babylon 5:"Rising Star"

"WAAAAHHHHH!!! Cyrus is Teh EVUL! He fired Bobbie and Monica!!!" 

-- the Sonnyverse

• LOL 2
  • Love 5