Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I KNOW. The whole quickie marriage thing was so idiotic in the first place, and now Michael wants WIllow to adopt Wiley? Hello, remember Lucas and Brad, STILL THE LEGAL PARENTS? It's so aggravating that this show makes children possessions for people to own. Willow and Wiley have a connection. She's been a part of his life for a while. Why does he need to be adopted by her? 

I hope they have Nelle return in a few months and puts the kibosh on this. Nelle lost custody, not parental rights to her son. (I know, everyone thinks she's dead and it's fairly moot at the moment.)

This is such a galactically stupid story, and now we have to suffer through a romance that's more boring than Sabrina and Michael, which is saying something. 

It would have been better if they made Michael intentionally manipulative here but of course they don’t want him to look bad. This quickie adoption makes sense if he wanted Willow but realized that she had no reason to stay in this fake marriage with Nelle out of the picture so he was using the adoption as a way to keep her in their lives. Like how Carly used baby Michael to stay close to Jason. 

• Love 11

22 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Honestly, how friggin' long are they going to drag this out?  Every other story flies by like shoppers stampeding Wal-Mart on Black Friday and this one has been going on for literal years.  And the worst part is it's not to honestly portray Alzheimer's, it's all about Sonny and his neverending man pain.

But he really cares so deeply about his father who is shortly headed towards another realm. Sonny makes his money by taking advantage of those on the lowest rung of society that can't otherwise get assistance.  He inflicts pain for a living/sport but when its his pain. .  . .

On 9/2/2020 at 3:59 PM, perkie1968 said:

But in the meantime we get days and days and days of "GET OUT"  written on an iPad and Ned's sad face at his tool of a daughter. 

I'll pull up a table for one because I am enjoying BL's scenes with the iPad.  

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, sunnyface said:

I'll pull up a table for one because I am enjoying BL's scenes with the iPad.  

Make that a table for two, as I am enjoying those scenes, too. Briana Lane is also doing a great job with facial expressions and gestures.

• Love 6

It's not as if they're waiting for Ryan Carnes to become available again, either. All of this can be dealt with secondhand, as it were. "Diane talked to Lucas's lawyer and..." etc. It's not that hard. At least tie up that loose end, Show.

Or, if we're really not going to see Lucas on-screen, something like, "It was all too much for him so Lucas went to stay with his aunt Tiffany for a while."  Simple, effective, gives the audience what they need to let it go.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Well lookie here, Robert and Olivia all sparkly and cute together.  Who knew that was something i might want.  

I'm getting whiplash from Anna.  For months before the shutdown, she was adamant that Peter was her son and stop being a bully to Peter her son.  Her son, her son, her son.  Yet, since the return, she's said things at least twice, that make me think the writers are changing her thinking on this.  Her conversation with Robert yesterday where she was basically saying the truth, that Peter is the one that did the evil deeds that Obrecht is paying for.  then today, they have her say that Peter has changed his life around and she doesn't want Alex to mess that up if he finds out that she's his mother.  Very specific wordings on things that she was in absolutely denial before the shutdown.  

Sam and her lips continue to bother me.  

Color me shocked that Cyrus' first order of business was to fire Bobbie and Monica,  Did not see that one coming.  

At a time when we should really have fewer people on set, was it necessary for Brick to be back in town, especially on a day when Spinelli is here, as well as three minions for Cyrus.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Color me shocked that Cyrus' first order of business was to fire Bobbie and Monica

Best thing to happen. Of course, if their last names had been Corinthos, it wouldn't have. But what goes around, comes around. ESPECIALLY for Bobbie, who I don't even recognize anymore as a character.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Best thing to happen.

Agreed.  But the show will play it as, 'look at mean old Cyrus, firing these two wonderful women'.  When in fact, the two should have been fired for the whole consent form incident, Bobbie more than Monica, since she orchestrated the whole thing.  Having said that, I would prefer Monica and Bobbie over Cyrus.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, Linny said:

My GOD do I hate Sam.

I thought that today (actually watched live) when she watched on the spy/surveillance camera as Cyrus's minions started beating up Brando and asked in a nonchalant tone (as if seeing two people arguing) what that was about! Jason's response and immediate choice to go rescue Brando made me feel like Sam isn't good enough for him! Btw, are Jason and Spinelli in some sort of competition for who has the worst hair?!

The only positive things about this show today: Olivia being sweet to Robert, and Olivia's blouse that she's wearing on the plane.

As for the Michael/Willow stuff and Chase, Michael seems like he's trying to tell her he's totally into her, while she's trying to convince herself that she could fall in love with him because she wants to be the family Wiley needs, and she feels like she needs to make the best of this since she already committed (plus she believes Chase cheated on her). 

• Love 1

I actually wouldn’t mind an Alexis/Finn pairing.  I liked them together before, as a ONS and later as friends, and they have great chemistry.  Personality-wise, they have a lot in common.  Bonus: Anna/Finn would be over.

• Love 11

Sonny posturing against Cyrus was so lame. Why we're still supposed to take him (Sonny) seriously is beyond me.

"[Brook Lynn] needs time and space to heal." But of course Dante just needs a visit from Mommy. I really wish someone would point out to Olivia that she needs to take her own advice.

LOL at Sam trying to justify selling the kids' proxies to Valentin and being shocked—shocked!—things didn't go as she would have voted. I just wish Alexis had been hard on her about trying to manipulate the legal system for something that isn't that unreasonable. Ugh, the entitlement is so gross.

Bobbie and Monica won't be fired for long, not with Sonny Corinthos riding to their rescue. Even though it's nothing less than they deserve for that stupid stunt they pulled with Nelle.

Why is Sam so convinced Brando is OMG TEH EVUL!!1!? Is it just because of his ONS with Molly? Which is none of her business.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"[Brook Lynn] needs time and space to heal." But of course Dante just needs a visit from Mommy. I really wish someone would point out to Olivia that she needs to take her own advice.

In Olivia's defense, it has been, what, a year? Any normal mother would be eager to visit after that much amount of time. Brook Lynn just woke up and is still in the hospital. 

• Love 4

Except it was made very clear that Dante needed intensive, specialized therapy. Olivia was writing him once a week from the get-go. Give the guy a chance to start healing before haranguing him for details.

Of course, the completely stupid part of this is that Dante decides to bail on therapy. For basically no good reason except he's been an idiot. I do not understand why the show does stuff like this. It's completely undercutting itself, and it does this all the time. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Except it was made very clear that Dante needed intensive, specialized therapy. Olivia was writing him once a week from the get-go. Give the guy a chance to start healing before haranguing him for details.

Of course, the completely stupid part of this is that Dante decides to bail on therapy. For basically no good reason except he's been an idiot. I do not understand why the show does stuff like this. It's completely undercutting itself, and it does this all the time. 

But it has been a year. They haven't even seen each other yet. Ned has gone to see Brook Lynn.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

thought that today (actually watched live) when she watched on the spy/surveillance camera as Cyrus's minions started beating up Brando and asked in a nonchalant tone (as if seeing two people arguing) what that was about! Jason's response and immediate choice to go rescue Brando made me feel like Sam isn't good enough for him!

It's funny that Sam, to Alexis, made it sound like she, Spinelli, and Jason all thought Brando was dirty and poor, naive Sonny and Carly were just being dum-dum poo-poo heads because Jason has been acting like he thinks Brando's clean, too, and is only appeasing Sam.  Of course idiot Spinelli is on her side because he thinks the world is out to get his one true love Jason, but Jason himself?  Not so much.

After the horror show of Olivia's dress the other day wardrobe made up for it with that blouse she was wearing.  It was pretty damned great--as were she and Robert.

• Love 4

Dante spent a year pushing away his family and anyone who wanted to help him, and only agreed to participate in therapy when the show wanted DZ back. That's not manipulative at all.

Cyrus going after Monica and Bobbie makes me like him.

8 hours ago, ffwbe said:

It would have been better if they made Michael intentionally manipulative here but of course they don’t want him to look bad. This quickie adoption makes sense if he wanted Willow but realized that she had no reason to stay in this fake marriage with Nelle out of the picture so he was using the adoption as a way to keep her in their lives. Like how Carly used baby Michael to stay close to Jason. 

This would make not just the story but Michael himself more interesting.

This reminds me of Katie Cassidy's first four years on Arrow. Her character, Laurel Lance desperately needed to be more twisty bitchy. They finally killed her off and brought Cassidy back as her evil doppelganger and it worked much better.  They need to stop making Michael such a goody two shoes especially since he really isn't. Give the boy some life even if he is the offspring of the show's "hero" and "heroine".

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

37 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But it has been a year. They haven't even seen each other yet. Ned has gone to see Brook Lynn.

Apples and Oranges.

Are we supposed to find Cyrus evil for firing Monica and Bobbie? Any hospital in the country would have done the same thing if this were real life. In fact, I can fanwank that the only reason nothing happened to Monica originally was because ELQ was funding GH and they didn’t want to jeopardize that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Are we supposed to find Cyrus evil for firing Monica and Bobbie? Any hospital in the country would have done the same thing if this were real life. In fact, I can fanwank that the only reason nothing happened to Monica originally was because ELQ was funding GH and they didn’t want to jeopardize that. 

I don't find him evil.  I think  Sam, Brooklyn, and Lucy are shit for allowing him to gain control of the hospital because of their selfishness.  But then again I find anyone up against Sam and the Corinthi more likable.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Are we supposed to find Cyrus evil for firing Monica and Bobbie?

And why does Carly walk away from all this, blameless?  She's the forger.  She's the one who locked Nelle out on the roof.  Sure, the other twits went along with it, but they're paying with their careers. 

Maxie's real sonogram.

max.jpg

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Not much to say, and this was a week or two back, but wow. The budget in the show has gotten so bad they can't even manage to license old but popular songs to cover for the Nurse's Ball. That was like the only time you'd hear actually licensed music on the show. Of course they must've lost Yoplait as a sponsor. It was it Danon? Also, Chad Duell finally lost his babyface. Took him long enough. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1

Absolutely! Let him overhear Carly talking to Sasha about the stupid plaaaan and how great Sasha was for giving up the prize that is Michael to protect Wiley (insert eyeroll emoji) 

I don't understand why they insist on making Michael as bland as possible. Between his  mob-infused childhood (remember Dylan Cash threatening to order a hit on Alcazar-- adorable!) and his traumatic brain injury-- his prison experience... he should be a mess. 

• Love 9

Mary Sue characters are a hard sell on soaps. It’s hard to be seen as anything but boring when you never do anything wrong and everyone talks about how amazing you are. I’ve only seen it work with actors who have a ton of charisma to overcome that. 

What should never be done is to put 2 of these characters together and that’s what happened with Millow. They both need a vixen, villain, or gray character to work off of. Add in that I’ve never found CD to have romantic chemistry with anyone and the Willow actress is kind of a cold fish and this pairing is a disaster for me. 

• Love 3

Their tag name on my twitter feed is #Mildew and I laugh. Willow is squeaky clean but Michael's shadow is tainted no matter how much like a 12 year old they write him.

Brook Lyn and Dante both want nothing more to do with their parents. I think that Ned needs to  let her have time because she seems to be doing well with everyone else but him. Her anger at him is too new.

Dante, on the other hand, didn't have a problem with him mother and has been there for over year. He's also secretly writing her a letter(s) that he never sends which argues that part of him wants to reach out. Very different.

13 hours ago, Hater said:

I don't find him evil.  I think  Sam, Brooklyn, and Lucy are shit for allowing him to gain control of the hospital because of their selfishness.  But then again I find anyone up against Sam and the Corinthi more likable.

Sam is horrible since Jason got back. Her pea-brain can't take waiting another 18 months. But I don't blame Brooklyn or Lucy. Valentin is a good businessman, which is why Brooklyn finally agreed to him having her shares.

I get Valentin. He wants to make ELQ more efficient. There's no reason that it should have to bail GH out every time the hospital gets into financial trouble, and non-family shareholders should have to bear the cost.

The real villains here, other than Cyrus, is the hospital board who mismanaged in the first place and then awarded Cyrus the power of being the chair of the board. That's mismanagement and they should be the ones to bear the blame but then the show would have to spend money on board member who are more than day players.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, TeeVee329 said:

It also remains insane to me that Lucas is just nowhere. 

Doctors are not welcome on this show.  See Dr. Neil Byrne and Drs. Matt and Stephen who languish behind bars.  FV wastes time, money, and energy on trying to garner sympathy for characters that are psychotic serial killers (and their enablers).  The only reason the hospital is even mentioned so frequently lately, is that a violent felon has been elected as its CEO.  There's already enough violence IRL.   #FireFV

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Mary Sue characters are a hard sell on soaps. It’s hard to be seen as anything but boring when you never do anything wrong and everyone talks about how amazing you are. I’ve only seen it work with actors who have a ton of charisma to overcome that. 

I thought you were talking about Jason.  But SBu has no charisma.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought you were talking about Jason.  But SBu has no charisma.

Lol I wasn’t. Jason is even worse because he gets the writing for one but his character is literally a mob hit man and anyone who has ever called him out for not being a good guy gets villainized. 

• Love 2

I'm pissed at how they've treated Lucas during this whole Wiley storyline. It figures they'd not only break up the only same sex couple on the show but also completely ignore what should be a major presence in this story. I'm much more interested in how Lucas is coping with this than Michael and Willow making moony faces over Wiley.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

And why does Carly walk away from all this, blameless?  She's the forger.  She's the one who locked Nelle out on the roof.  Sure, the other twits went along with it, but they're paying with their careers. 

Consider the whitewashing they have been doing for Carly's character, they might have her take a some responsibility, at least when she talks with Bobbie. The show won't have her interact with Monica to at least express some gratitude for what Monica did for Wiley and what it ended up costing her. 

Carly is the ultimate shit stirrer and walks away from everything nearly unscathed, while other people's relationships and lives take the hit. Her entire first arc ever on this show was coming between Bobbie and Tony. While it might have been a mercy kill for the romantic relationship , it wreaked their friendship for nearly a decade, as they were finally finding common ground as co parents for Lucas until she dropped the Baby Paternity & Maternity Bombs and Tony went batshit crazy. So while Bobbie did forgive her and she got her hooks into Jason and the Qs, it took years for Tony to get his standing and position back. Brook Lynn and Lulu were on good terms when they were in college. Lulu welcomed Brook Lynn back when she returned and BL thought Lulu was a good match for Dante, publicly and privately. It was Carly's insane plan to get even with Lulu and Dante that caused that rift between those two. Brook Lynn even felt guilty enough to fess up to what she tried to do Lante and tried to warn Lulu what a snake Carly is, but Carly managed to tap dance around it and BL got the full blame for all of it. BL should have never gone along with Carly, but while her and Lulu are always at each other throats, both of them gave Carly a complete pass. Also keep in mind that her plan was only to destroy Lulu and Dante's relationship would have done absolutely nothing to get Michael and Jason out of prison. Dante is the one that did that. The worst quality about Carly is her willingness to betray people's trust in her, which makes her lower than the villain du jour on GH. 

9 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Doctors are not welcome on this show.  See Dr. Neil Byrne and Drs. Matt and Stephen who languish behind bars.  FV wastes time, money, and energy on trying to garner sympathy for characters that are psychotic serial killers (and their enablers).  The only reason the hospital is even mentioned so frequently lately, is that a violent felon has been elected as its CEO.  There's already enough violence IRL.   #FireFV

Hey people Roger Howorth needs a job people and apparently media is only interested in making villains sympathetic and 3-dimensional. Fuck more promising, moral characters. 

Sam is horrible since Jason got back. Her pea-brain can't take waiting another 18 months. But I don't blame Brooklyn or Lucy. Valentin is a good businessman, which is why Brooklyn finally agreed to him having her shares.

I get Valentin. He wants to make ELQ more efficient. There's no reason that it should have to bail GH out every time the hospital gets into financial trouble, and non-family shareholders should have to bear the cost.

1) Other than the hostile takeover of ELQ, how Valentin has proven to be a "good business man." Jax is a successful corporate raider before he showed up in Port Charles, but the only take over he did was of the Cassadine fortune, which he only got by holding Nik at gunpoint and then attempted to murder him. Has he ever created and ran a successful business? Did he even go to school for it? My viewing is spotty, so please let me know. 

2) Didn't Brook Lynn not initially know that Valentin bought her shares? She only seemed to agree to not make trouble if he got her other work. 

• Love 1
On 9/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, dubbel zout said:

Make that a table for two, as I am enjoying those scenes, too. Briana Lane is also doing a great job with facial expressions and gestures.

I'm pulling up a chair at your table. The actress really is doing a great job with non-verbal communication. They should make more characters not talk so we don't have to hear certain voices. Since we can barely hear Sam anyway give her a tablet. And Sonny the Mumbler.

Let's do a whole episode with no talking like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode Hush. But I fear most of the actors don't have the talent to pull that off.

19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I actually wouldn’t mind an Alexis/Finn pairing.  I liked them together before, as a ONS and later as friends, and they have great chemistry.  Personality-wise, they have a lot in common.  Bonus: Anna/Finn would be over.

I would like this idea if I didn't have so much hatred for NLG the actress. Her Twitter antics have completely turned me off from what used to be one of my favorite characters. 

• Love 4

I'm pissed at how they've treated Lucas during this whole Wiley storyline. It figures they'd not only break up the only same sex couple on the show but also completely ignore what should be a major presence in this story. I'm much more interested in how Lucas is coping with this than Michael and Willow making moony faces over Wiley.

It just bums me out what heartbreaking family soap this could have been with Lucas, Michael, and even Carly and Bobbie.  They just don't care.  I don't get it.

And to be more cynical, with Will and Sonny (blessedly) off "Days of our Lives", wouldn't now be a great time to try and court some soap eyeballs looking for an LGBTQ character/couple?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It just bums me out what heartbreaking family soap this could have been with Lucas, Michael, and even Carly and Bobbie.  They just don't care.  I don't get it.

One of the most recent biggest missed opportunities. TFGH, though.

I know we're supposed to find it sweet and romantic that Curtis set up dinner in Jordan's office (and he did look adorable in the chef's hat and glasses), but it's a bit controlling for me. He "surprises" her at work a LOT. Let her do her work!

I had to laugh that suddenly Sam is concerned if Brando is alive after that beating. As if. She couldn't care less.

"Unlawful termination"? Molly, please. And really, TJ? You're going to excuse Bobbie and Monica's deeply unethical behavior? You both suck.

• Love 5

Sam just gets more and more stupid. Why not call an ambulance for Brando which can get their quickly and help him instead of driving him in yourselves and possibly injure him more? Spinelli can still remove the cameras from the garage. Also, don't ask Portia if he's going to be okay as soon as she starts examining him. SHE DOESN'T KNOW YET.

Speaking of which, Portia's long hair flying free and into the wounds of patients as she works in the OR irritated me. I thought Semmelweisz had handled that.

Anna, if you think that Peter is capable of everything that Robert thinks, why are you so desperate to protect him from the woman you suspect is his mother?

Neil's death will be because of Cyrus and Anna will have no part of solving it because Jason will do it all. What a waste of potential Hart and Hart adventure.

51 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

1) Other than the hostile takeover of ELQ, how Valentin has proven to be a "good business man." Jax is a successful corporate raider before he showed up in Port Charles, but the only take over he did was of the Cassadine fortune, which he only got by holding Nik at gunpoint and then attempted to murder him. Has he ever created and ran a successful business? Did he even go to school for it? My viewing is spotty, so please let me know.

In the current canon, Valentin is supposed to have restored the Cassidine fortune plus stashed away enough money for himself on the side that he could not only finance Deception but buy up the ELQ shares. Brook Lyn said that she had done her research on him and found out what a successful businessman he is.

• Love 1

If Neil died of a drug overdose, then are we supposed to suspect it was a forced overdose courtesy of Cyrus Renault? That fits with his methodology, though the timing of it seems impossible since Neil was safely at Alexis' place getting busy. I'm really glad Alexis has Finn to lean on; even when we don't see them that often, their scenes always display the warmth of a true friendship.

I nearly threw my TV remote across the room at Sam suggesting Brando staged his beating, though LOL at Jason having to patiently explain to her why that was dumb. I actually don't mind having Brando around anymore, but man does it stink having Sam inserted into his stories. I guess now that she doesn't have a parole officer to harass, Brando is the unlucky recipient of her attention.

What's a person like me supposed to do when I hate smug Peter but find Spinelli equally loathsome? Who do I root for here?? Yeah, Peter's a manipulative phony, but Spinelli is a meddlesome creep who REALLY needs to stop surveilling people without their consent. I wish Maxie would tell them both to shove it and put her focus on her kids and career instead of being weighed down by these obnoxious men.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Linny said:

I'm really glad Alexis has Finn to lean on; even when we don't see them that often, their scenes always display the warmth of a true friendship.

Those were really nice, and I liked that Finn set up a private meeting for Alexis. I wish they had more scenes together. Just as I wish Alexis and Valentin had more scenes together. Heavy sigh.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

To me, Jax is and always will be CandyBoy who ran out of town with his tail between his legs when he lost custody of Jocelyn.  He's used to people doing what he wants when he wants because of his money and his looks/charm., but he has the unfortunate habit of underestimating his adversaries and insisting that he's right and has no need to adjust his strategy.  Scratch the surface and put a little adversity in his path and he turns into a self-righteous, arrogant prick.  

• Love 1

I hate Spinelli a lot.  Frankly, Peter would have to be a lot more unconcernedly and mustache twirly evil for me to ever back Spin's side.

I can't get over the fact that Maxie lost custody of her child to a currently active criminal, I just can't.  And his superiority about it....

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SapphireSage said:

To me, Jax is and always will be CandyBoy who ran out of town with his tail between his legs when he lost custody of Jocelyn.  He's used to people doing what he wants when he wants because of his money and his looks/charm., but he has the unfortunate habit of underestimating his adversaries and insisting that he's right and has no need to adjust his strategy.  Scratch the surface and put a little adversity in his path and he turns into a self-righteous, arrogant prick.  

Sonny blackmailed the mediator and they both drugged and framed Jax for attempted rape. Then all Carly could mutter when Jax confronted her about it was "I love my daughter," thinking the usually pathetic facade she uses on targets, oops, I mean men to get them to trust her,   would get Jax to not hate her guts. He did come back and try to kidnap Josslyn, but Robin talked Jax out of it, but Sonny came in, waving a gun and accidentally grazed Robin when the gun went off.  Didn't matter in the end because Jocelyn kept visiting Jax in Australia. 

If "underestimating the enemy" is the supposed measure for people strength, then everyone is a fucking failure. Currently the losers are Carly & Michael for underestimating Nelle and thinking she would respect the law anymore than they do.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I can't get over the fact that Maxie lost custody of her child to a currently active criminal, I just can't.  And his superiority about it....

But he's a GOOD criminal ! He works for Sonny and Jason!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

What should never be done is to put 2 of these characters together and that’s what happened with Millow. They both need a vixen, villain, or gray character to work off of. Add in that I’ve never found CD to have romantic chemistry with anyone and the Willow actress is kind of a cold fish and this pairing is a disaster for me. 

Agree 100%. Add to that good writers that can give otherwise Mary Sue characters the layers and details that are needed to be more than one dimensional goody-two shoes. I'll point to Elizabeth, yes she came on as a rebellious teen but they transitioned out of that pretty fast. She had the rape story which Becky nailed as an actress and the writing was also there. After that her character evolved and filled the nice, girl next door type but BH carried it so well and continues to. She was also given a fleshed out, strong personality. In recent years, the new regimes have done a number on Elizabeth, which enrages me, but for the majority of her tenure she's been a character who is kind and moral and that you can related to. She's been the answer to the Carly's and Sam's. A strong female character that's relatable. She's not constantly plotting and scheming or going off on adventures to "kick ass," she makes mistakes and she's human. I also think Becky has had chemistry with pretty much everyone they've paired her with. Again, recent years have really undermined who Elizabeth was for a long time, but every established character has been butchered in the last decade, and every new character introduced lacks any depth whatsoever. 

Willow and Michael are so milquetoast and painfully boring on their own, put them together its a full blown lobotomy.  CD didn't exactly have chemistry, but sparked a bit with Nelle after she was his enemy because she treated him like shit. I've also thought he shared some chemistry with Lexi Ainsworth and that's only because Kristina is such a vapid, nasty brat. 

• Love 9
On 9/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Well fuck that because Sonny blackmailed the mediator and they both drugged and framed Jax for attempted rape. Then all Carly could mutter when Jax confronted her about it was "I love my daughter," thinking the usually pathetic facade she uses on targets, oops, I mean men to get them to trust her,   would get Jax to not hate her guts. He did come back and try to kidnap Josslyn, but Robin talked Jax out of it, but Sonny came in, waving a gun and accidentally grazed Robin when the gun went off.  Didn't matter in the end because Jocelyn kept visiting Jax in Australia. 

If "underestimating the enemy" is the supposed measure for people strength, then everyone is a fucking failure. Currently the losers are Carly & Michael for underestimating Nelle and thinking she would respect the law anymore than they do.

And CandyBoy bribing the mediator first, or not giving her a high enough bribe so that Sonny could easily outmaneuver him, that's Sonny/Carly's fault?  Not listening to Alexis when she tells CandyBoy over and over and over and over that the court wants to grant shared custody and Carly is looking better and better to this court, that's Sonny/Carly's fault, too?  The apex of CandyBoy's arrogant stupidity, though, was when he says "I'm not scared of you, Sonny" to Sonny's face as if CandyBoy forgot what Sonny's capable of.  Sonny is a "violent thug" after all.  smdh

Edited by SapphireSage
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SapphireSage said:

And CandyBoy bribing the mediator first, or not giving her a high enough bribe so that Sonny could easily outmaneuver him, that's Sonny/Carly's fault?  Not listening to Alexis when she tells CandyBoy over and over and over and over that the court wants to grant shared custody and Carly is looking better and better to this court, that's Sonny/Carly's fault, too?  smdh

After what Carly and Sonny did to AJ over Michael and what Sonny tried to do to Alexis with Kristina, it was a preemptive move as far as I am concerned. So yes, it was Carly and Sonny's fault for dicking over past baby daddy's and mama's that Jax went to bribery when it came to Josslyn. If Jax had a baby with Skye and still got divorced or had a baby with Alexis, he wouldn't have bribed anyone. Sonny and Carly are the real Candy People. They pull such unethical shit on people that stand in the way of getting what they want, then they are shocked, SHOCKED that Ava, Nelle, AJ and Jax start playing dirty too. The one thing I fault Jax on to this day is not only getting into a relationship with Carly, but marry the bitch and willing having a child with her. Even AJ wasn't that dumb.  She had more red flags than Nascar. Tracy Quartermaine had far fewer red flags. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

I hope some changes are in the air cuz....

Alexis/Finn have more spark than Anna/Finn.

Valentin/Anna have spark than Finn/Anna.

Robert/Olivia have more spark than Ned/Olivia.

Meanwhile, CD could not spark if lightning hit him. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8