Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Ugh, Brook Lynn and her dumb tantrum. Dustin should have been a lot firmer about boundaries from the start, but it's not as if she pays attention to them. 

If Nina is going to fall apart every time someone she knows in Port Charles gets pregnant, she's going to be in tears constantly. Does this show have to fetishize motherhood like this? It's gross.

Mac's joy at having another grandchild was adorable. He's the best.

Shut up, Sam. You're the worst. (I loved how TJ got excited that Brando participated in every sport mentioned. Hee.)

Jordan was pretty dismissive of Taggert's understandable resentment that she's gotten more out his "death" than he has.

Ugh, do we have two more days of the NB? I can't imagine they won't finish out the week with it. 

• Love 6

My first chance to watch since the restart. Those white t-shirts weren't doing anyone any favors but I  guess we got to  to see its not just the regular folks that have put on the COVID 19.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Risa Dorken has been noticeably slimmer (than in the "Man Landers" era) for a while, but she hasn't been on GH much in that period. The progression is very apparent if you skim her social media pictures over the last year. 

Oh, I just looked at her IG and yeah, I'd say the estimate of 50 lbs sounds ballpark accurate.  She looks great!

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Sam. You're the worst. (I loved how TJ got excited that Brando participated in every sport mentioned. Hee.)

Too bad they didn't double-down on the unintentional comedy of it all:

Sam: "Remember, Brando, you can't play baseball because you hurt your wrist."
Brando: "Oh, right, yeah, I've mostly been trying soccer lately."
TJ: "You play soccer?  Dude, I'm in a league--you should join!"

Sam: "Brando, didn't you say you need knee surgery?"
TJ: "Oh, cool, I've decided to specializes in orthopedics--come see me at GH!"

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I was confused by Anna’s less than enthusiastic hug and expression after learning about Maxie’s pregnancy. Then the flashback to Robert asking her if she considered the fact that Heinrik could be Alex’s spawn.

SHUT UP, Jordan! You have no standing to say ANYTHING to Taggert after the way you screwed up. EVERYTHING. And her answer to  everyone who calls her on it, is “I have a plan.”🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Sam can also STFU. And does Molly think Brando will let it slip that he boinked Molly to TJ? Her face alone will let it slip the way she looks like a deer with its head caught in front of headlights!

I wish Brando had told Sam he didn’t know what she was talking about so she would look like the idiot she is.

But Mac was adorable and he’s the BEST!

Man, I’m telling a lot of people to shut up. Jax is next.

SHUT UP, Jax. Like if anything bothered the SheBeast, you wouldn’t involve yourself to help her ass. How would anything she does be your business?

• Love 2

Why are they making it seem like everyone is about to cheat on everyone?! Dustin, Ava, Franco, Liz, Nik, Olivia, Curtis, and now Nina giving goo goo eyes to Valentine AGAIN. 

I don't know what the rumor was with KeMo and masks, but if she recently had a bunch of filler put in, it's possible that the pressure a mask puts on the face might screw it up, so she had to let it settle first. Still waiting for Jason to be mad at her for getting Michael fired!

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was confused by Anna’s less than enthusiastic hug and expression after learning about Maxie’s pregnancy. Then the flashback to Robert asking her if she considered the fact that Heinrik could be Alex’s spawn.

Guilt over not telling Heiny that she may not be the baby's granny, but Alex probably is?

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Her face was joyful when she overheard Maxie's confession that she was pregnant with Peter's baby. But by the time of the hug, the writers remembered that dropped plot point about Alex.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SHUT UP, Jordan! You have no standing to say ANYTHING to Taggert after the way you screwed up. EVERYTHING. And her answer to  everyone who calls her on it, is “I have a plan.”🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Curtis please cheat on her because Jordan is so stupid and has no plans. And when she does have a plan, it something ridiculous like having Franco confess to killing all those people to lure the real killer (Ryan) out of hiding and not telling anyone before she almost dies. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought Anna had decided she didn't care if Alex had given birth to Peter; Anna was going to consider him her son regardless. After all the sobbing she did over the idiocy of this, I'd like some sort of resolution.

I'd rather Anna cut all ties with Peter, but that's not going to happen, so I'll take whatever route means she can stop agonizing over that doofus.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe she realizes that his no good ass shouldn't be allowed to spawn, especially with two parents like Alex and Faison. At least Nathan was inherently good. Peterik is a trash human.

Anna has been swallowing his lies like they are her favorite cake. She and Maxie both. So I will look forward to this blowing up in their idiot faces and for the beebee to go buh-bye. The baby better go buh-bye.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Blackie said:

My first chance to watch since the restart. Those white t-shirts weren't doing anyone any favors but I  guess we got to  to see its not just the regular folks that have put on the COVID 19.

It made Maxie look a hell of a lot better than what they usually dress her in. 

• Love 3

Who knew that singing a ballad while playing the piano was the truest sign of vulnerability and sincerity, and that would be enough to cloud Nina's judgment and put Valentin back in her head? Everyone knew, because Nina is very, very dumb and very, very easy when it comes to Valentin. Get it TOGETHER, woman, please.

Really wish Liz hadn't gone quite so starry-eyed at Nik starting a foundation in her name. Sure, it's nice, but ultimately it's him tossing around a small bit of his considerable fortune just to get back in Liz's good graces, and it shouldn't be this easy. If he wants to bring Hayden safely back to town to her daughter and sister, then we'll talk.

How is Julian kidnapping Wiley any better than Sonny finding out that Julian conspired from the beginning to keep Wiley away from his family? What in the world, Julian. Poor Monica, she and her Group Home for Invisible Children don't deserve to have their sanctity violated like this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

Who knew that singing a ballad while playing the piano was the truest sign of vulnerability and sincerity, and that would be enough to cloud Nina's judgment and put Valentin back in her head? Everyone knew, because Nina is very, very dumb and very, very easy when it comes to Valentin. Get it TOGETHER, woman, please.

Really wish Liz hadn't gone quite so starry-eyed at Nik starting a foundation in her name. Sure, it's nice, but ultimately it's him tossing around a small bit of his considerable fortune just to get back in Liz's good graces, and it shouldn't be this easy. If he wants to bring Hayden safely back to town to her daughter and sister, then we'll talk.

How is Julian kidnapping Wiley any better than Sonny finding out that Julian conspired from the beginning to keep Wiley away from his family? What in the world, Julian. Poor Monica, she and her Group Home for Invisible Children don't deserve to have their sanctity violated like this.

Yeah, at this point it's dumb as hell Julian would go along with this.

Linny, didn't Nikolas try to find Hayden? He could try again of course, but he did make an effort there I think, I'm not sure.

• Love 2

Wasn't Julian once this powerful mobster?  He's been a patsy pushed around for years now. The timing on this show is terrible. I presume that Brooklyn stopping Wylie from being kidnapped is going to be her way back to the family but it's only been a hot minute since she was kicked out. Let the story breathe for a while; let's see how she reacts to her current circumstances before putting her right back where she was.

Ava better figure out a way to stash some of that Cassadine fortune for herself before Nikolas takes it all.

They keep playing up "Prince Cassadine" and then they give him a speech that better fits a small town council meeting than a wealthy prince. Elizabeth of course is going to be impressed; I'm not.

So Carly got the idea of honouring the front line workers to thank them for taking such good care of Mike. Because of course it's always about the Corinthii.

• Love 3

Valentin gets the line of the day.  He and Michael argue about taking over ELQ.  Willow pretends she can play with the big boys and tries to jump in, complaining about Valentin.  Valentin's response:  "Willow, I appreciate your talent.....as a grade school teacher.  Do you understand staying in one's lane".  I also thought it was funny when he told Martin that Nina is distracted by Jax, because he's just a shiny object.  

Brook Lynn wins the idiot of the day award #1:  Nelle is a complete wackadoo crazy pants who will do anything to anyone at anytime, yet BL decides to confront her about overhearing her say she was going to grab Wylie.  I mean, as she said, Mac was in the building.  Go get him and bring him with you to confront her.

Julian wins the idiot of the day award #2:  By agreeing to be Nelle's accomplice, in knocking out Monica, in order to grab Wylie.  I don't think Nelle has actual proof that Julian knew about Wylie's paternity, she just knows what she overheard months ago.   So why Julian hasn't called her on her threat to tell Sonny is just stupid.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't think Nelle has actual proof that Julian knew about Wylie's paternity, she just knows what she overheard months ago.   So why Julian hasn't called her on her threat to tell Sonny is just stupid.  

I think Julian at some point admitted to Nelle that he knew about Wiley's paternity, and Brad was still around to confirm it,* so he was kind of stuck. It's a tossup who the Corinthii hate more, Nelle or Julian, so I can't blame him for staying quiet. He needs to have something on her so that this is a bit more equal. He's already the town goat; can't he have something against Nelle to even things out a bit?

ETA: *Brad didn't confirm it, but he could have if the story at that point demanded it.

8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Brook Lynn wins the idiot of the day award #1:  Nelle is a complete wackadoo crazy pants who will do anything to anyone at anytime, yet BL decides to confront her about overhearing her say she was going to grab Wylie.  I mean, as she said, Mac was in the building.  Go get him and bring him with you to confront her.

I know she said Mac, but it was such a missed opportunity to have Brooke find Robert F Scorpio for help, because we know from yesterday that Nelle has something he needs, so he has his own roundabout vested interest in stopping her ploy. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I know she said Mac, but it was such a missed opportunity to have Brooke find Robert F Scorpio for help, because we know from yesterday that Nelle has something he needs, so he has his own roundabout vested interest in stopping her ploy. 

Haven't watched yet, but I'm confused. She didn't get Robert? 

17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Haven't watched yet, but I'm confused. She didn't get Robert? 

She got no one.  She overheard Nelle say that she was going to kidnap Wylie and confronted her.  Then said she was going to get someone, Mac or Michael since they're both in the building.  Nelle grabbed scissors and attacked her.  

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Julian at some point admitted to Nelle that he knew about Wiley's paternity, and Brad was still around to confirm it,* so he was kind of stuck. I

But unless she taped that conversation it's her word against his, and I do think Julian's word would be more than Nelle's right now.  Especially he got out in front of it and told them what Nelle has planned.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She got no one.  She overheard Nelle say that she was going to kidnap Wylie and confronted her.  Then said she was going to get someone, Mac or Michael since they're both in the building.  Nelle grabbed scissors and attacked her.  

😆

I have to say, having the Ball without an audience and turning it into a telethon and putting the volunteers in smaller groups is both awkward and creative. The continued tributes to frontline workers while dodging Covid talk is also awkward and creative

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 6

This will probably end up garnering sympathy for Brook, especially since she was attacked. She will be seen as brave for going after Nelle and trying to stop or whatever to save Wiley. Even though it was a stupid move and she should have just went and got somebody or called somebody. Hell, pull out your phone and start recording! What an idiot! 

• Love 5

I don't get it honestly. Why have Nelle continue going down this path if she's going to be Nina's daughter. I mean, why? This is so, so stupid. I try and be positive about GH. I really, really do, but good Lord, right now, today, after this episode... I hate this show.

• Love 7

Did Nelle slash Brook Lynn's throat? Oh man, if so, there goes her singing career...

1 hour ago, seasons said:

Why do the NB tee shirts have a sailor cap on them as part of the logo? Because PORT Charles? That's dumb.

I assumed it's supposed to represent a Nurse's Cap.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I don't get it honestly. Why have Nelle continue going down this path if she's going to be Nina's daughter. I mean, why? This is so, so stupid. I try and be positive about GH. I really, really do, but good Lord, right now, today, after this episode... I hate this show.

It’s just like having Peter commit more crimes last year and this year if they aren’t planning on treating him like a villain. Peter getting a kid and Nelle getting a mother aren’t going to redeem them to the audience so I don’t get what they are going for. 

• Love 3

Well that was boring.

Way for Mooby not to mention Stone as being one of the reasons the Ball is important. Sorry, but the Ball is about AIDS Research, and not about those that have treated his father. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah. This is Frank’s way to address but not address the pandemic. I swear, even during the regular Balls, I don’t recall mentioning the nurses every fifth or sixth word.

I wonder if Olivia would be this OUTRAGED if Dante was still in her life and not keeping away. What Brookieee did was not a mistake of some naive ignorant fool.

I really don’t like this recast. I don’t know if it’s the directing, but she keeps acting like a spoiled teenage BRAT.

I wonder what Liz will do after learning about Ava’s “plaaaan.”

And has Franco always been this territorial and possessive? As if Liz isn’t allowed to hug other men not him? Or just Nik?

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

Did Nelle slash Brook Lynn's throat? Oh man, if so, there goes her singing career...

Given Amanda Setton isn't really a singer, to my knowledge, I figured they were pivoting Brook away from being a singer back with that skeevy producer stuff.  Count on GH to make that pivot in a grosser, more violent way.

Haven't watched any NB...anything good for my girl Lucy?

2 hours ago, ulkis said:
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

When is WdV’s contract up because there’s no way this isn’t an exit SL. 

Juuust about now.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2017/08/general-hospital-william-devry-contract/amp

I hope he put a rider in that a pro will give him a haircut, because of all the pandemic dos, his is the absolute most tragic.

32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder if Olivia would be this OUTRAGED if Dante was still in her life and not keeping away. What Brookieee did was not a mistake of some naive ignorant fool.

She wouldn't be harping on it with the same vehemance. Ugh, shut up, Olivia. Dante and Brook Lynn are in completely different situations. Stop projecting your issues with your son onto Ned. I think BL was between a rock and a hard place, but she should have told Ned (in a non-ultimatum way) that the only way she can see getting out of her contract is to sell her ELQ stock to that pervert producer, and then see how Ned reacted.

And more ugh, getting stabbed is probably the start of Brook Lynn's redemption story, and of course it can only happen if it involves the new golden child, Wylie. Barf.

"Break a leg! And I do mean that sincerely. I hope you break a leg." Hee. Ava and Valentin got intentionally humorous lines!

Are Nina and Ava friends now? I can see them tolerating each other and that's it, but girl talk and stuff? I suppose it was a way for Elizabeth to overhear Ava's endorsement of Nik cheating so she gets the dough.

LOL at the sinister-cam being used on Julian at the Q mansion. And his ski mask! The cheese was fantastic. But did he have to chloroform Monica? That's just rude. YOu did have a choice, Julian! You could have told Mac or Robert that Nelle was going to go on the lam with Wylie.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope he put a rider in that a pro will give him a haircut, because of all the pandemic dos, his is the absolute most tragic.

No, that's from 3 years ago that link.

5 hours ago, Linny said:

Who knew that singing a ballad while playing the piano was the truest sign of vulnerability and sincerity, and that would be enough to cloud Nina's judgment and put Valentin back in her head? Everyone knew, because Nina is very, very dumb and very, very easy when it comes to Valentin. Get it TOGETHER, woman, please

If she doesn't s want to take him I' will

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, driver18 said:

No one else can be bad besides Nelle and Julian.  The two designated bad guys.   The poor Corinthi always a victim to the evil doers!

• Love 2

Ava and Nina bonded a while ago, I think being angry at Valentin.  I like their friendship because otherwise all Nina has is  Carly and Nina is worth better than that.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And has Franco always been this territorial and possessive? As if Liz isn’t allowed to hug other men not him? Or just Nik?

No. Both Franco and Liz are being written so badly to prop this even more badly written Ava/Nik mess.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Valentin gets the line of the day.  He and Michael argue about taking over ELQ.  Willow pretends she can play with the big boys and tries to jump in, complaining about Valentin.  Valentin's response:  "Willow, I appreciate your talent.....as a grade school teacher.  Do you understand staying in one's lane". 

Highlight of the episode for me. Willow had become stupid as well as smug since she married Michael. If Valentin had approached CEO Michael with the proposal, he would have got the door shut in his face.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, seasons said:

Why do the NB tee shirts have a sailor cap

I'm pretty sure it's an old style nurse's cap.  

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Valentin had approached CEO Michael with the proposal, he would have got the door shut in his face.

Yes, that was incredibly naive and stupid on Willow's part.  "Hey Mike, can I buy a bunch of the stock from your company and become the new CEO.  Sure Val, whatever you want, thanks for coming to be in person rather than sneaking behind my back"

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And has Franco always been this territorial and possessive?

That's Franco's middle names.  Like that tiime he hid in Liz' backseat to get her to date him.  Or that time he kidnapped her rapist and held him in a dog cage.  And that time.......

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But did he have to chloroform Monica?

There are 334 doors and windows to that house, but he had to come in from the room that she was in, thereby having to knock her out.  So stupid.  He could have come in from anywhere else and gone upstairs and she wouldn't have even known he was there.  

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Break a leg! And I do mean that sincerely. I hope you break a leg."

I wondered if that was an ad lib because Maura and Marcus got this look on their faces, just before Nik turns around to go on stage.  I sat there thinking, why can't we have this cute and funny Ava and NIk.  

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Haven't watched any NB...anything good for my girl Lucy?

Just hosting duties, though her dress yesterday was stunning as was her hair.  

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Way for Mooby not to mention Stone as being one of the reasons the Ball is important

Sonny mentioned both Stone and Robin on the red carpet.  

12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Hell, pull out your phone and start recording!

I kept thinking dial 911, but the police department (Jordan, Chase, Mac) were already in the building, as well as super spies Anna and Robert.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That's Franco's middle names.  Like that tiime he hid in Liz' backseat to get her to date him.  Or that time he kidnapped her rapist and held him in a dog cage.  And that time.......

There are 334 doors and windows to that house, but he had to come in from the room that she was in, thereby having to knock her out.  So stupid.   

Just hosting duties, though her dress yesterday was stunning as was her hair.  

Sonny mentioned both Stone and Robin on the red carpet.  

I kept thinking dial 911, but the police department (Jordan, Chase, Mac) were already in the building, as well as super spies Anna and Robert.  

1.  Thanks for the explanation as I was on the barge during this time.

2.  What’s even more stupid is that Monica didn’t activate the house alarm. Oh, wait. They don’t have one since Port Charles is suuuuch a small town! Except when it isn’t.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

3.  I LOVED that blue dress!!!

4.  That doesn’t count. Because of course he wouldn’t want to sound like a narcissistic BOOB. It would have been nice to say it to the SHEBEAST if only to REMIND her what the Ball means to him. Or should I say, used to mean?

5. Did we see Jordan return?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

And, let us all remember, these events occurred AFTER he'd been cured of the brain tumor that was making him a terrible person. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Highlight of the episode for me. Willow had become stupid as well as smug since she married Michael. If Valentin had approached CEO Michael with the proposal, he would have got the door shut in his face.

OMG, I wanted to slug her.  "You should have just brought Michael a box of chocolates and asked nicely."  I loved that Valentin told her to stay in her lane--she may be a Mary Sue, but she's also gotten too full of herself and her place in Port Charles since marrying Michael.

15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Way for Mooby not to mention Stone as being one of the reasons the Ball is important. Sorry, but the Ball is about AIDS Research, and not about those that have treated his father. 

He mentioned Stone on the red carpet.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, I wanted to slug her.  "You should have just brought Michael a box of chocolates and asked nicely."  I loved that Valentin told her to stay in her lane--she may be a Mary Sue, but she's also gotten too full of herself and her place in Port Charles since marrying Michael.

He mentioned Stone on the red carpet.

Yes, @perkie1968 mentioned that, and I responded above. 😉

You know I LOATHE Mooby, so any reason I can pick on him, I will! Especially since the conversation was with the SheBeast, and he's thanking her for her coming up with the idea for a telethon (PUHLEAZE. Like she gives any good goddamns if it doesn't affect her). Instead of reiterating to her skanky ass that Stone was just as important to him (if not more, since history on this show has shown ME he didn't give any good fracks about his deadbeat father until Gail took over the role and wrote this story) as his father in his current form. I'm surprised SheBeast didn't give a skankface when Robert mentioned Robin. She almost never loses an opportunity to do so.

Yeah, I'm biased.

#TEAMROBIN4EVAH!

• Love 2

Carly doesn't usually sneer at Robin when her HIV is mentioned within the Nurses Ball context. I mean, that's why the NB exists in the first place, really. And I don't think Carly has sneered at Robin in general for her HIV is a very, very long time.

Carly sneers at Robin when it's about Jason, mostly.

• Love 2
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Why must the show insist on Olivia ~singing with Ned?  No offense to Lisa Locicero, but that auto-tuning was working overtime.

Because they're MARRIED!!!! And clearly, if you're part of a couple, you GOTS to ALWAYS sing a duet!🙄

Though I don't recall that ever happening during the Balls in the 90s.