Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, nilyank said:
57 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still think things are awkward because Finn and future stepmom had something going on.  Chase is too old to be the result IMO, but I suspect there was an affair.   I wish they'd just bury the rift storyline.  Can't Anna harp at him for another reason?  Hayden, perhaps?

Michael Easton is 53

Josh Swickard is 28

Give or take 5 years for the actors real ages, Finn could have been with future stepmom right after she married his father and months later Chase is born.

Yuck. Finn already has Violet. Let's not add another sekrit child to the mix.

17 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I cannot stand Willow.  She is such a Mary Sue.  🤮

I don't like her at all when she's with Wiley, but I like her a lot as Chase's girlfriend.

• Love 8

Oh, man, KeMo's fillers look overdone.  She could barely get words out around those lips.  Different face, but still the same old sour-puss performance.  The snort when Brando told her what happened between him and Molly was none of her business was particularly obnoxious, so good job on making me dislike the character and actress more than ever.

As to the actual show, I'll give them points for making it a telethon and honoring front-line/essential workers, but the execution is meh. 

And, because it can never be said enough: can someone in Hollywood give Bradford Anderson a job so he doesn't always have to come running back to GH?  Spinelli is the most annoying character ever--and on this show that's saying something.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, man, KeMo's fillers look overdone.  She could barely get words out around those lips.  Different face, but still the same old sour-puss performance.  The snort when Brando told her what happened between him and Molly was none of her business was particularly obnoxious, so good job on making me dislike the character and actress more than ever.

As to the actual show, I'll give them points for making it a telethon and honoring front-line/essential workers, but the execution is meh. 

And, because it can never be said enough: can someone in Hollywood give Bradford Anderson a job so he doesn't always have to come running back to GH?  Spinelli is the most annoying character ever--and on this show that's saying something.

I want to marry this post. As she constantly does in every freaking scene <sigh>   Brando has to somehow stand out of her way?  He can't even volunteer because she's constantly in a bitchy mood?  

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Oh my goodness are Michael and Willow boring!!! There is absolutely nothing interesting going on w/these two. I usually mute them, but before I could hit the button, I saw Willow excitedly talking about reading "Good Night Moon" or whatever to Wiley, and I literally rolled my eyes as I hit "mute."

Willow and Michael are so painfully boring. There is nothing to them except Wiley. It's ridiculous!  If the writers plan to keep these two together, they need to give them need some interests beyond parenting Wiley. Michael just lost his job, and the family business has been hijacked. Why not show him caring about that, or talking to Ned about strategy?!?! What's the point of that story if no one but Ned cares!? Does Willow work? Does she have any interests beyond obsessing over some other woman's baby and not properly grieving her own child? Why can't we see Willow regretting this marriage or getting therapy for her Wiley unhealthy obsession. Or show her talking about work. Or show her pining over Chase. I don't know. Something. Anything. As long as it has nothing to do with Wiley. These two desperately need outside interests.

And I guess we're supposed to see that they are falling for each other. I don't care. They are boring. Either spice them up or send them out of town. Why is Michael on this show? What purpose does he serve? He's boring as dirt and is a pathetic mama's boy who has NEVER led his own story. What would the show lose if we never saw Michael again? LOL! 

I thought Michael/Sabrina were bad, but Millow is just plain awful!

Edited by lala2
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Willow and Michael are so painfully boring. There is nothing to them except Wiley.

That's what happens when two characters have nothing in common and are forced to be in the same orbit.

But while Willow is all about Wylie, Michael wants to wine and dine Willow. I hope what Chase and Sasha did blows up soon. 

• Love 4

SHUT UP, Neeena!

First, Robert is the District Attorney.

Second, her name is ROBIN, not “that doctor”, and you DAMNED well should know her name since this isn’t your first Nurses Ball and you’ve SEEN Robin.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

At least I we got a Robin shout out. And that it was Robert speaking for her. Too many times Anna gets to do that.

Also? Shut up, Olivia. As if Robin wouldn’t be this gracious and that Robert wouldn’t make it up.

What was that tent that SheBeast was cloaked in?

She can also take a giant dose of STFU.

And WTF, Show? I wanted to see Nik ream Looloo for opening her big fat mouth instead of the O mouth expression on her stupid ass face.

Maxie’s hair looked fabulous.

And I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ seeing Robert thinking how he could use Nelle to get Heinrik!

James Patrick Stuart was looking yummy, too. I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen him dressed casually.

• Love 3

It was sort of weird that they kept talking about the Nurses Ball being a telethon with no RL number for people to call to donate. I'm sure there are legal issues, but the show could have handled that less awkwardly. I thought it was a nice thing to emphasize the front-line workers, even if it was kind of patronizing.

4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Does Willow work?

She's a teacher at GH.

KeMo's upper lip was extremely distracting. I usually try to ignore that sort of thing, but hers is so prominent.

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Scorpio openly flirting with Olivia on TV and in front of her husband

I love that IRL LiLoC is a total TR fangirl. I can't blame her a bit.

Did Willow ever get the standard Corinthos welcome-to-the-family threat? Why are she and Michael still talking about reading to Wiley? Didn't they cover that when they were home? That's not something I need to hear more than once, if that.

I really liked Carly's dress. It's like a formal shirtdress, which is one of my favorite styles. So comfy!

I loved Nelle needling Spin about Peter. There would be a certain poetic justice if Peter is brought down because of Spinelli.

Wow, the nerve of Brando to volunteer to help at the Nurses Ball at the same time as Sam. Doesn't he know the air is hers and hers alone? Ugh, this is so tiresome. Just have them bang and get it over with.

Nice that a couple of the BTS guys got a few lines to say.

The blue light they were using backstage for everyone taking calls was really distracting.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I still think things are awkward because Finn and future stepmom had something going on.  Chase is too old to be the result IMO, but I suspect there was an affair.   I wish they'd just bury the rift storyline.  Can't Anna harp at him for another reason?  Hayden, perhaps?

Anna was getting on my last nerve pressuring Finn to invite his father.   Finn was pretty clear that he didn't want to invite him because having his father there (with the stepmother) would make him feel uncomfortable.  This is his wedding day, for God's sake.   Why would she want her fiance's  to be miserable?  And then she adds on the pressure by brining Violet into it.   Violet doesn't know her grandfather from a hole in the wall.  That meeting can happen another day, if Finn wants them to meet.   STFU Anna.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Anna was getting on my last nerve pressuring Finn to invite his father.   Finn was pretty clear that he didn't want to invite him because having his father there (with the stepmother) would make him feel uncomfortable.  This is his wedding day, for God's sake.   Why would she want her fiance's  to be miserable?  And then she adds on the pressure by brining Violet into it.   Violet doesn't know her grandfather from a hole in the wall.  That meeting can happen another day, if Finn wants them to meet.   STFU Anna.

I don't understand the importance of them having a relationship. Sure it is immature for him to be holding this grudge 30 years later, but it's not like this is something that Finn loses sleep over or violet cries about.  And Anna doesn't know the father to be advocating on his behalf. He has a relationship with his brother and that is really all that matters.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was sort of weird that they kept talking about the Nurses Ball being a telethon with no RL number for people to call to donate. I'm sure there are legal issues, but the show could have handled that less awkwardly.

That would have been kind of awesome, if the show had actually taken the opportunity to get donations to front line workers . I understand that the Nurses' Ball is for raising money for HIV/AIDS but as a cause, it is feeling old these days. There are so many more immediate ones going on right now.

Jason is so special, the ER orderlies prepping him for surgery gave him a complete hair cut rather than just the one side that needed to be operated on.

3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I liked her until they put her with Michael. That's something Nina has in common with with Michael, that anyone paired with either of them becomes unlikable.

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

I am just saying that if he knows, the story is likely coming to an end, not that he will be ashamed or anything. The more people involved, the sooner the truth comes out and Willow will feel guilty for "cheating" on Chase when he was so noble. Michael doesn't really care about Sasha so she is SOL

I wish it were over! Sadly it's just revving up now. Michael and Willow will have moonlight boat rides and dinner on the waterfront while they talk about how cute Wylie is and which prep school is going to be best for him once Willow is willing to let him out of her sight. Meanwhile Chase and Sasha will miss them and Sasha will spiral down into drug addiction because who wouldn't after losing Michael?  And just as Chase decides to come clean to Willow, he finds out that she and Michael are sleeping together now, as anvilled by Finn today.  And bam! Willow is pregnant.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

This might be an unpopular opinion, but the grand standing about this year having a telethon for front line workers annoyed me. First, they were tap dancing around the global pandemic talk. Then, they kept bringing up front line workers but aren't actually raising money for them so it was all just grand standing. I could have don't without that.

I hate Sam and am fully Team Brando.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Ditto.   I loved her with Chase.   But she's such a pain now.  I don't dislike Michael (like many here seem to), but Willow was a better match with Chase.

• Love 3
On 8/13/2020 at 8:18 PM, ciarra said:

Is that a motorcycle helmet or has Jason taken up showjumping?  I thought a helmet should at least have a face shield to keep the grasshoppers out of your teeth.

I am catching up so please forgive me. The more "outlaw type" bikers wear that type of helmet, minimum coverage in response to mandatory helmet laws. When I used to ride, I wore full helmets but no face shields. Face shields can be nice in bad weather but then you can't see. My experience was grasshoppers hit your ankles, not your teeth. However, what you don't do is buy someone a helmet. You need to try them on to make sure they will stay on your damn head if you crash. My pin head was always too small for the Jason style helmet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

These damn t-shirts exposing a lot of people huh

If I'm Big Steve and I know what went down I'm not letting KM touch me! These folks are taking too many damn risks.

Still not convinced Willow/Sasha/etc are not holograms projected by Frank to add more white women to the show

This show is called General Hospital and you can't do a pandemic-related storyline in the 2020s? The stories of White Chick #2-4 and Valentin the simp are too important? You can't have a pandemic become a central aspect of your hospital-based soap opera? You want to write about "love during wartime," as Guza called it - this is it! This is why daytime is dying, because these folks expect me to sit here and watch their risk-it-all Nurses Ball while all the stories are lame and not about this and Bradford Anderson is clearly thinking about SoulCycle

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

If I'm Big Steve and I know what went down I'm not letting KM touch me! These folks are taking too many damn risks.

It's possible that SBu actually knows the whole story of what went down and not just gossip floating around, which is why he's fine around KMo. Or, he just doesn't care. I do agree these actors do seem to be taking too many risks. As others have said, they might as well have done the full ball because there's not much social distancing happening on-screen anyway.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It's possible that SBu actually knows the whole story of what went down and not just gossip floating around, which is why he's fine around KMo.

I'll take my odds.

• LOL 1

Willow hasn't changed a single bit since the marriage to Michael. She's no more a Mary Sue than she ever was. Ultimately, I prefer her pairing with Chase but her and Michael are fine together, too. They definitely need to have them discuss something other than Wiley, though.

As said before, they might as well do the ball the traditional way since they're not doing any real social distancing on the show anyway, but the way they chose to change things up did actually make sense. I hate that, of freaking course, they gave Carly the credit for coming up with it. I appreciated the sentiment behind wanting to help frontline workers and that initial conversation with Lucy, Nina, and Carly was good but it got a little much toward the end. If I had taken a drink every time they said "frontline workers" I would have been dead.

It pains me to say this since Spinelli has always been one of my favorites but they need to tone it down by several notches. I thought he was going to need Depends in his talk with Robert.

I'm a little torn on the issue of whether they should work in the current pandemic or not. Of all the soaps, this is the one that a storyline like that would make the most sense since it's main thrust should be hospital-related stories. But I think as many people that are complaining about them not focusing on it there would be just as many people (maybe more) who wouldn't like it. the coronavirus has taken over so much of our lives and I think many people watch shows like this to get away from thinking about current events.

• Love 4

Aside from the fact that this show is truly terrible writing any sort of current event, I'm afraid they'd use a pandemic story as an opportunity to kill off a bunch of vets. Someone mentioned this upthread, and I don't think it's being alarmist. The worst part is that people like Sonny (a vet in both age and tenure) would survive while Monica, Bobbie, and that cohort would be dunzo. Even though we barely see them anyway and it's a disrespectful way to get rid of those characters. (So TFGH.)

I'd love for the pandemic to sweep through the kid population of PC and take out everyone under, say 8*, but that would never happen. 

*ETA: And Spencer

• Love 5

Based on Jordans call yesterday, I thought she called Taggart and told him she needed his help. Now she seems like she didn't expect him to be there? I hope this means that they are not going to make Trina Curtis' daughter like a lot of us speculated. Unless he gets himself killed for real this time. I might be here for a Jordan/Curtis/Portia triangle but still NO to Trina paternity change.

😅🤣 Lulu Girlreporter is once again involved in a secret coming out. Loved the shocked look on everyone's face. Soapy.

I liked that Dustin let Brook know where they stand without name calling or letting Lulu say anything because I am tired of their fights.

I like how Cyrus gets under everyones skin and especially like that Sonny isn't really his most important rival. It allows him to breath and really grow. Before the break i was really worried that I wouldn't get to enjoy him for long but they have proved me wrong.

I hate what they have done with Peter because I am fine with him and Maxie together but he is really crap. There was no reason to take him over the brink again. It almost feels like the show doesn't know if they want to keep him or not. Now if he goes down, Maxie will have 3 kids and will be raising 2 by herself. Why can't Maxie just be great?

I know it would likely be hard to coordinate a real telethon but i wonder if they could have set something up so real viewers could text in donations.

Nik/Ava/Franco have not been taking any calls. Put your headsets back on lol.

Brando says he isn't trying to cause trouble, but he doesn't seem to pick up on any social cues to stop trying to be friends with TJ. Not for Sam because this isn't her business, but Molly was obviously uncomfortable. But lol at Sam making it worse. Still want him and Sam to hookup.

The red dress made me think Nina was going for sexy, but the moves looked like she was going for cute. Maybe they just weren't allowed to practice a lot. I liked The teens performance but again, TOO CLOSE.

I don't know if this ball needed 3 days

• Love 1

I liked the nod to first responders and front line workers, but was the telethon ruse done to cut costs? This show is not doing social distancing regardless, so I don’t think it would have mattered if they just did a normal nurses ball.

I really can’t stand Nikolas.  He’s so smug.  And Lulu telling him that he cares about his son so much....umm...he just let his son spend three years thinking he was dead.  He doesn’t give a shit.  I really don’t want a Liz/Nik redo.  I like Friz.  I can’t have nice things.

Maxie’s hair and makeup actually looked decent for a change.  Ditto Anna’s hair, it usually looks awful so maybe she should continue to do her own hair when the hair and makeup people return to work.  As much as I dislike Carly, her hair is absolutely amazing and I am so jealous.

I usually don’t even notice when people get fillers/work done unless someone points it out, and sometimes even then I don’t see it.  But Kelly Monaco’s lips.....I don’t think those suckers will fit under a mask so maybe that was her issue with not being able to wear one.

I LOVE ROBERT.  Just shamelessly flirting with Olivia, with Ned standing RIGHT THERE....HA!!  He’s just awesome.  He even makes Olivia tolerable.  I do like Ned but in a contest with Robert, I mean, is there even a question????

• Love 5
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

If I had taken a drink every time they said "frontline workers" I would have been dead.

This.  I was getting annoyed with the number of times they said it, then I felt bad for thinking that, since our frontline workers have kicked ass through this thing.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Aside from the fact that this show is truly terrible writing any sort of current event, I'm afraid they'd use a pandemic story as an opportunity to kill off a bunch of vets

This.  The crap people (Sonny/Jason, Sam, Carly, Franco, Spinelli, Peter, Sasha) would all survive.  

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Did the actress who plays Nurse Amy Driscoll lose weight?

Her face looked different but it was hard to say if it was a weight thing or just her doing her own makeup and not having the heavy tv stuff caked on.  

24 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Based on Jordans call yesterday, I thought she called Taggart

That call was a flashback to before the pandemic when she called someone and said she'd have to do something that would be bad for that person and wanted their permission to do it.  Namely asking Taggert's permission to throw him under the bus to get on Cyrus' good side.  

25 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

I liked that Dustin let Brook know where they stand without name calling or letting Lulu say anything because I am tired of their fights.

And then BL took off to have her temper tantrum and behave like a 15 year old (apologies to all well behaving 15 year olds!!)  Ten bucks says this will cause her to have a meltdown during her song and Dustin will be forced to join her onstage to finish it, professional singer that she is.  

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

but he doesn't seem to pick up on any social cues to stop trying to be friends with TJ.

But TJ was the one trying to be friendly.  It's not Brando's fault that Molly slept with him and feels guilty about it.  Also, Sam needs to dial down the bitchiness and shut the eff up.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

This.  I was getting annoyed with the number of times they said it, then I felt bad for thinking that, since our frontline workers have kicked ass through this thing.  

Yes! I felt guilty about being annoyed because, yes, these people deserve all the accolades in the world but there had to be another way they could have gone about describing them or at least just cutting it down just a little.

• Love 3

Today's show was the pits. 

Lulu doesn't know when to stop beating a horse to death, can she? Has anyone blabbed more secrets than she has? That's like two secrets in 24 hours. Give your motor mouth a rest, Lulu. 

Peter shouldn't have a girlfriend, let alone a child, and now having a beebee with Peter is one of Maxie's dreams. Gross. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't think GH's social distancing is that terrible but there was no reason for Trina and Joss to sling their arms around one another besides to breathe in each other's breath.

I don't think they would use covid as an excuse to kill off any vets if they did write in; FV hasn't had any of the writers do that besides Duke and AJ. Heck, they haven't even killed Audrey off and she's been off-screen for what? 15 years?

I think I would just have them say that is why they are social distancing but that's it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I do like Ned but in a contest with Robert, I mean, is there even a question????

Not for me: Robert Fucking! Scorpio all the way.

Yep.  Ned's a sweetheard, but Robert was my first tv personality crush, way back when I was a teen in mid 80s.  He can literally do no wrong

• Love 3

Oof, yeah- Sam's face had that Jackie Zeman-esque frozen quality to it. 

and as much as I love Taggert, I had a hard time enjoying his 'return' scenes-- the actress playing Jordan is just so very bad. 

• Love 3

Robert Scorpio was one of the reasons I started watching this show in the 80s so that's where my vote goes.

I dont wish ill on a character but I wouldn't mind if the virus took out Bobbie. Since she's become a CarSon propper, she's utterly useless on the show. She didn't even stand up for the rights of her son Lucas to stay Wylie's parent.

19 hours ago, Hater said:

The show might as well have done the ball itself.  Clearly, no one cares about maintaining 6ft on set since everyone is touching anyway.

Like @mostlylurking I think it was a way to cut costs with a fashionable excuse.

• Love 3

Since the show wanted to thank first responders and those on the front line, they should have gotten ANYONE ELSE except for the SHEBEAST to do it. Because everyone knows that cops are first responders, or part of that group. And we all KNOW how much respect that harridan has for them.

It wasn't Laura Wright--it was the character. So that was automatic fast forward material for me.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She didn't even stand up for the rights of her son Lucas to stay Wylie's parent.

I kind of give her a pass here, as she was stuck in the middle—it was her son vs. her grandson. At least Bobbie keeps Wylie in her life either way. Also, imagine having to listen to Carly bray on and on about the gigantic betraaaayal of Michael if Bobbie went with Lucas. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I kind of give her a pass here, as she was stuck in the middle—it was her son vs. her grandson. At least Bobbie keeps Wylie in her life either way. Also, imagine having to listen to Carly bray on and on about the gigantic betraaaayal of Michael if Bobbie went with Lucas. 

Clearly Bobbie has picked up on that habit of braying from her child. All she does is bray, bray, bray, in other people's faces about how terrible they are (Scottie, Lucy) and unable to see how tone-deaf she's acting. Because her poooooor daughter.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

Based on Jordans call yesterday, I thought she called Taggart and told him she needed his help. Now she seems like she didn't expect him to be there? I hope this means that they are not going to make Trina Curtis' daughter like a lot of us speculated. Unless he gets himself killed for real this time. I might be here for a Jordan/Curtis/Portia triangle but still NO to Trina paternity change.

😅🤣 Lulu Girlreporter is once again involved in a secret coming out. Loved the shocked look on everyone's face. Soapy.

I like how Cyrus gets under everyones skin and especially like that Sonny isn't really his most important rival. It allows him to breath and really grow. Before the break i was really worried that I wouldn't get to enjoy him for long but they have proved me wrong.

I hate what they have done with Peter because I am fine with him and Maxie together but he is really crap. There was no reason to take him over the brink again. It almost feels like the show doesn't know if they want to keep him or not. Now if he goes down, Maxie will have 3 kids and will be raising 2 by herself. Why can't Maxie just be great?

I know it would likely be hard to coordinate a real telethon but i wonder if they could have set something up so real viewers could text in donations.

Nik/Ava/Franco have not been taking any calls. Put your headsets back on lol.

Brando says he isn't trying to cause trouble, but he doesn't seem to pick up on any social cues to stop trying to be friends with TJ. Not for Sam because this isn't her business, but Molly was obviously uncomfortable. But lol at Sam making it worse. Still want him and Sam to hookup.

The red dress made me think Nina was going for sexy, but the moves looked like she was going for cute. Maybe they just weren't allowed to practice a lot. I liked The teens performance but again, TOO CLOSE.

I don't know if this ball needed 3 days

Years ago, soap actors did a telethon for Katrina (I think). My mom was delighted to talk to two OLTL actors. First was “Rex”, and she informed him which girl she would prefer him with, and “Dorian”.  Extra great was “Dorian” actually called my mom back later to thank her again.  My mom was delighted. 

• Love 7

I liked the nod to first responders and front line workers, but was the telethon ruse done to cut costs?

I think their intention was to cut costs by going casual with NB tshirts, rather than spending money on gowns, hair, and makeup.  Maybe also to look less frivolous in tough economic times when a lot of people are struggling?  jmo.

• Love 4

I doubt I'm actually gonna get my Robert/Olivia dream, but I've been literally shipping them from their first scene when LiLo made it clear her real-life crush (so understandable) on TR could not be contained! Still, there's hope... I mean, Ned sure skedaddled quickly and left Olivia's side when Robert joined them and then looked back at the two in annoyance. He and Olivia are fighting and Robert has been there for Olivia showing support over the Dante situation in a way that Ned has simply not despite Olivia talking to him multiple times about needing it. And then we saw Robert opening up to Olivia about Robin and what happened with her a bit. Now, with Dante coming back shortly, that's got to give us more Robert and Olivia, so, yes, I will hold out hope.

So Robert and Olivia... and anything with my beloved Nelle!

As for the performances, eh, Nina and Jax were stiff and meh, but Cameron, Trina and Joss were quite adorable.

Storywise, Taggert is alive, yay! Portia is beautiful. Wait, that's not story? Still, she's beautiful. She and Curtis continue to have chemistry and Brook Kerr is a way better actress than NuJordan (yes, she's still NuJordan), so can NuJordan die or something, please? If not, sigh, let's do a triangle or quad with Taggert when he shows up alive for all to see.  (Also, can they recast NuJordan?)

I love Elizabeth very much. I do not like how Elizabeth is acting in this story. Nikolas is being a complete asshole. Elizabeth is painting Ava as this horrible, evil beeyotch who is bringing forth the evil in the good, saintly Nik. Elizabeth, you are wrong! STOP! With that said, dangit, I may not like all that Nikolas is doing (and I really don't), but I love Marcus Coloma as Nikolas. I think he may be my favorite Nikolas. I think he has chemistry with every single actor--family, friend, potential lover (past and future)--that he's worked with. I buy him so completely as Nikolas Cassidine. I love him. I know he's being an evil ass right now, but I totally believe that the better angels of his nature are in there and will come forth.

As for my beloved Nelle (can I trademark that?), I wonder if someone else (possibly Cyrus' dudes) is going to kidnap Wylie and Nelle will come to the rescue and find him with her little tracker. If anyone tries to come at her for having the tracker, she has an easy explanation with 'duh, he's the grandson of a mobster and a rich family! I was trying to protect my son!' Now I just can't wait for Nina to find out that Nelle is her daughter and feel like crap for turning on Nelle who didn't do anything to HER once she began working for her and didn't deserve to be betrayed as Nina did to her.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I think their intention was to cut costs by going casual with NB tshirts, rather than spending money on gowns, hair, and makeup.  Maybe also to look less frivolous in tough economic times when a lot of people are struggling?  jmo.

I saw somewhere that Brook Lynn's pink suit from a few episodes ago was about 300 dollars,  so probably not. Probably more like so they didn't have to bother getting in hairdressers to do hair, make up etc. And yeah no yogurt money this year so maybe they didn't have as much money to splurge.

• Love 1

Regarding Nurse Amy’s weight loss:  She’s absolutely lost a significant amount since the last time I saw her (watch intermittently), I’m guessing upwards of 40-50 pounds. I didn’t recognize her face until she smiled. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Did the actress who plays Nurse Amy Driscoll lose weight?

Yes! I noticed immediately. She has lost a good bit of weight. I've always thought she was a pretty girl and a good actress. I wanted to see her w/Morgan. They should give Amy a role. I'm one of the few who liked her Man Landers story and wanted her Nathan! LOL!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Brook Lynn's pink suit from a few episodes ago was about 300 dollars

Do they pay for clothes?   The wedding dresses have been fairly low budget lately, $600 David's bridal, but I wondered if they received free or deeply discounted clothing?  Celebrities seem to get designer freebies, but that's for real red carpet.

eta I thought nurse Deanna lost a lot of weight when she was last shown at the hospital.  I forget if she was on with Maxie or Mike.

Edited by ciarra
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I saw somewhere that Brook Lynn's pink suit from a few episodes ago was about 300 dollars,  so probably not. Probably more like so they didn't have to bother getting in hairdressers to do hair, make up etc. And yeah no yogurt money this year so maybe they didn't have as much money to splurge.

I'm pretty sure the NB has a separate and/or additional budget than the other shows, so the additional money isn't there for extra people, wardrobe, music rights, everything connected to producing it.

LOL at Lucy's "our volunteers probably thought they'd be mingling at the glamorous Nurses Ball," and we see more than a dozen people working the phones. They likely enjoy that more than having to watch Sonny play the grand seigneur. Heh.

They're pushing the telethon format so heavily. I guess it's to explain why there's no audience. The viewers don't need the constant reminders, though.

I'm almost surprised that Sam didn't scoff when Brando said he'd prefer working the phones to sitting around in a tux all night. Because of course Jason has always been Mr. Formalwear.

I LOVED all the zooming cameras when Maxie inadvertently told everyone she was pregnant. That's the sort of soapy thing GH doesn't do nearly enough.

• Love 3

I thought the performances so far were cute, particularly Cam/Trina/Joss, they looked like they were having fun. And just no words for the ball opening with the reveal of Maxie's pointless infuriating pregnancy.

• Love 4

Risa Dorken has been noticeably slimmer (than in the "Man Landers" era) for a while, but she hasn't been on GH much in that period. The progression is very apparent if you skim her social media pictures over the last year. 

She looks great, but she's been dealing with mental health issues this year too (newly diagnosed bipolar), so I hope she's doing well. She talked to Soaps in Depth about being involuntarily hospitalized twice in February and adjusting to medications.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1