Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Skye sold her shares and Lila's shares to Valentin's intermediate. So what was were compelling reason for doing so? Everyone is mad at Brook Lynn as they should be but she wasn't the only one that sold the family company to an outsider.

But, pretty much everyone (except for maybe Ned) that treated Skye like family has died.  Tracy has always been openly hostile.  Monica certainly never took to her.  Emily, Alan, Lila, and Edward are all dead, and with them perhaps any loyalty she felt to the family.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for yesterday when Valentin approached Jax and Neena, tugging Lucy along, and suggested that Aurora mention how ELQ has a new CEO.

But that's the media division, isn't it? 

50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But, pretty much everyone (except for maybe Ned) that treated Skye like family has died.  Tracy has always been openly hostile.  Monica certainly never took to her.  Emily, Alan, Lila, and Edward are all dead, and with them perhaps any loyalty she felt to the family.

There is still Michael, who is AJ's son, and out of affection for AJ, she wouldn't blind side Michael and even if Edward is now long dead, she knows perfectly well how much ELQ meant to him.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Jason's first thought was about Michael losing his job as CEO. Checkmate again, Sam, you once again lost to anyone who is a member of the Corinthos clan which you are not a part of. Well played, idiot.

she would probably be more of a priority to Jason if she were married to Michael.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Plus BL and Sam knew they were dealing with Valentin and did it anyway.  With Skye and Maya they were dealing with an intermediary (likely Martin), so they wouldn't necessarily have known who it was for.  Plus, being away from PC and not really involved with the Qs, they probably don't really care about ELQ at this point in thier lives, so why not make money from the shares.  Sam and BL, living in town, knowing what Valentin is like, knew they were selling their shares to the devil.  

I thought BL didn't know that she was selling her shares to Valentin. She even said that to Ned when Ned kicked her out. So it is just Sam that knew she was selling to Valentin. I wonder how Jason will take this betrayal of Michael?

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, lala2 said:

I just wish the judge had called out both marriages as being shams to get an advantage in the custody case. Why is Nelle's sham marriage so much worse than Michael's? Why is Carly giving away Michael to her friend ok, but Nelle can't do the same?

Ugh, I hate to defend the Corinthii, but Nelle's marriage is worse because she had to blackmail Julian into it, Willow willingly got married.

And, Carly didn't lie about the baby's identity when she gave Michael away (only about his paternity, which is a whole other discussion) and make anyone think their baby was dead.

I am no fan of Carly, and I love watching Nelle, but objectively, in these instances, Nelle's behavior is worse (and more fun to watch).  Overall, Carly is probably worse, especially since she has been around for so many more years pissing people off.

• Love 2

you know what would have been a good story, and what I thought they might do when Jason appointed Carly his medical POA and then immediately had a motorcycle accident?  Since they were talking about a possible TBI (doesn't he already have that?)  I was hoping he'd wake up as Jason Q - Jason Morgan would effectively be dead, they could all mourn him, or whatever, and it would take him out of the Sonny/Carly/Michael orbit and put him back with the Qs, who need as many family members as they can get.  It would end the Jasam pairing and free him up for someone else.  He could work at ELQ (maybe not, now that Valentin is in charge), he could go back to being  a doctor, or best of all, he could become a cop and work against Sonny.

But no, none of that happened, except in my head...

And... speaking of hair, why has Kirsten Storms not had her roots done???

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

There is still Michael, who is AJ's son, and out of affection for AJ, she wouldn't blind side Michael and even if Edward is now long dead, she knows perfectly well how much ELQ meant to him.

And the matter is about saving the hospital, which was very important to Alan. Skye’s betrayal makes no sense!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Pandemic I think. I kind of wish she would just dye her hair to the color of her roots for now. She is all about beauty and fashion, she could be a brunette for a few months if she wanted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:
33 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Pandemic I think. I kind of wish she would just dye her hair to the color of her roots for now. She is all about beauty and fashion, she could be a brunette for a few months if she wanted. 

I don't know - I am living thru the same pandemic she is, and I managed to get mine done.  And I live in NJ, a state that is locked down pretty tightly.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I thought Valentin was talking to Skye directly on the phone the other day to update her on the takeover, but maybe I misheard the name he said. 

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He was.

Oh dear, I don't like that!

If it were going to tee up a real story for Skye (who I've always liked, I know that's maybe a minority opinion), that'd be one thing.  If they told a story about Skye feeling lost in the Q's, that the Q's to her were Alan and AJ and Edward and they're gone, that could be interesting.  If she was an on-screen schemer alongside Valentin, and maybe she's scheming to screw him over, or maybe she's bedding him, that could also be interesting.  But having her do this actively and remorselessly off-screen, not getting to hear her rationale or reasoning, it's crap.

• Love 4

For Wylie's sake, I don't think either Michael or Nelle should have custody. They both have manipulated marriages, they both want to cut the other out of Wylie's life, and while Nelle is more unstable, Michael is ineffective and constantly whitewashing his family's criminality which is also a bad way for Wylie to grow up. Also, Michael's really bad at keeping Wylie's schedule. Nelle may have blackmailed Julian into marriage but I don't think Michael is willing to let Willow go now that he has her. He'll probably use the threat of Nelle going back to court to bind her permanently (speculation).

The best situation for Wylie would have been Lucas getting got custody.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh dear, I don't like that!

If it were going to tee up a real story for Skye (who I've always liked, I know that's maybe a minority opinion), that'd be one thing.  If they told a story about Skye feeling lost in the Q's, that the Q's to her were Alan and AJ and Edward and they're gone, that could be interesting.  If she was an on-screen schemer alongside Valentin, and maybe she's scheming to screw him over, or maybe she's bedding him, that could also be interesting.  But having her do this actively and remorselessly off-screen, not getting to hear her rationale or reasoning, it's crap.

I like Skye too. I appreciated her connection to the two versions of AJ, except when she was forced to cheerlead for Journey after they killed CAJey. She was one of the few people on his side. 

I remember when Ethan first came on board and it was revealed that Holly and Luke hooked up, while both very much married in two epic love stories, not to mention the friendship between Robert and Luke. I remember how proud Guza and Geary were about that pissing all over these legacy, which shows sometimes you shouldn't have actors run roughshod no matter what type of legend they are. Anyway, some were saying this was good because it created conflict, except we didn't see either Robert's or Laura's reactions. No matter how they tried to spin it, no way Laura would be okay with Luke sleeping with other women. She didn't like hearing about Luke and Felecia after their relationship ended, she wouldn't tolerate it while married. Bottom line: you can't half ass a long standing characters involvement. Either you are all in or all out. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I thought Valentin was talking to Skye directly on the phone the other day to update her on the takeover, but maybe I misheard the name he said. 

Back in the day on AMC, JS" character Will was involved with Skye. If Skye ever shows up that would be a cute scene between them.

• Love 1

The math on how the ELQ shares are broken down is making my head hurt. We know that grandkids have 10% shares and great grands have 5%. How many shares do Tracy and Monica have? Ned, Dillon, AJ, Jason, Drew, Skye (assuming no one inherited Emily and Justus’s shares) is 60%. Then you have Michael, Brooke, Danny, Scout, Lila, Maya, Oscar, and Jake is 40%, and didn’t Sonny and Jax own a sizable amount of shares at some point? Regardless, that means Tracy and Monica (and Jimmy Lee Holt) have NO shares, which isn’t adding up...

Olivia’s indignation at Ned kicking his 30 year old daughter out of the house, after he’s bailed her out multiple times was very eye roll inducing. Brooke needs to learn to take care of herself. It’s nice that Olivia set her up with a place to stay, but she’s just enabling her. 

Edited by absnow54
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Annnnnd Michael finds out he lost his job and control of his family's company without so much as a bat of the eye. WTF, man. He is truly more Corinthos than Quartermaine if he's not even slightly pissed off that ELQ is in the hands of Valentin Cassadine of all people.

I hate that the show waited until the very end of the episode to reveal to Sam the mess she helped facilitate. Though Michael's careless response to the situation kind of undercuts any angst or guilt Sam should feel. That's it, show, give her a reason to continue only thinking of herself and what's good for her.

God, I need Ava to pull a Carole Baskin on Nikolas' ass once and for all. What an enormously unlikable waste of space he's amounted to.

• Love 3

Michael is truly Carly's son. He's got Wylie, he's got Willow, who cares if the family has lost the company? I was kind of shocked that he's going to take Willow off on the water to have dinner, shouldn't he have checked that there was someone who would babysit Wylie first? He really shouldn't have charge of a baby.

Elizabeth being so dead set against Ava promoting Franco is just proving that she's a make-believe artist.

43 minutes ago, Linny said:

God, I need Ava to pull a Carole Baskin on Nikolas' ass once and for all. What an enormously unlikable waste of space he's amounted to.

He really is. And now he's drawn Spencer in. Sure Ava manipulated him but he was the one who lied for 3 years about being alive, and he wasn't forced to sign the pre-nup.

46 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Olivia’s indignation at Ned kicking his 30 year old daughter out of the house, after he’s bailed her out multiple times was very eye roll inducing. Brooke needs to learn to take care of herself. It’s nice that Olivia set her up with a place to stay, but she’s just enabling her. 

It's cultural the idea of when you have to kick kids out to learn to take care of their own mistakes and Olivia comes from a different culture. She's also desperately missing her son Dante so she wants to keep family close.  (I think she's forgotten the existence of Leo.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Willow willingly got married

She was emotionally manipulated into marriage, IMO.

Since when do Sasha and Olivia know each other well enough to text? That was WTF for me.

What is Sam's problem with Brando? He did nothing wrong with Molly. Sam's hostility is way too strong for any situation, and her blaming him for Jason's accident is laughable. I wonder if Jason will remember that Cyrus was at the shop. Ugh, I hate these kinds of stories.

Wiley seems a bit young still to be in a big bed, but whatever. Maybe he'll be SORASed the next time we see him.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was kind of shocked that he's going to take Willow off on the water to have dinner, shouldn't he have checked that there was someone who would babysit Wylie first? He really shouldn't have charge of a baby.

Maybe this is how Nelle gets her chance to snatch Wiley.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

BL’s eye makeup was just distracting yesterday with the white shimmer in the corners....I didn’t know it was still 1999.  Not digging this recast, but I don’t really dig the character in general so, eh.

I actually like LH as Sam, but she could have dialed it back a notch or 20 going after Brando.  That was just ridiculous.

This version of Valentin can stay as long as he wants!  I loved how he told Olivia he was so transparent he was invisible, and how Michael will get a new job better suited to his skill set.  Ha!  Amazing.  Here for it.

Obviously Nelle wasn’t going to win and won’t win the lawsuit either, but I am 100% Team Nelle anyway.  Monica and Bobbie are both horrible.  GH deserves to be sued and those two hypocrites should be stripped of their licenses.  I wish she would kidnap Wiley and never be heard from again.  Well, Wiley can come back in a few years after he is SORAS’ed.  I’m kind of tired of hearing Wiley and Willow bitch about how difficult it is to get Wiley down for sleeps.  I mean, I have a two year old and I feel them, but I don’t need to watch it play out on my tv when I’m living it in real life.  Boring.

I almost forgot to mention Maxie.  Oh, poor poor Maxie.  Not even quarantine excuses that tragedy happening on the top of her head, and of course the wardrobe is awful and has been for a long time.  Why does this woman need another child??  I’m so over everyone having babies for no apparent reason, they add nothing to the story (looking at you, cutie Donna).

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I know this is small potatoes but I can't stand the little scene reversal Carly pulled when she was speaking to Jason:  Nelle didn't ask to speak to Carly alone, it was Carly who asked to speak to Nelle.  The first scenario makes Carly look like a victim while the second one, the one that actually happened makes Carly look like the aggressor and bully she truly  is.

Did Willow really refer to herself as "sugar"?

I really can't get past just how unpleasant both Sam and Brook Lynn are.

I kind of love Elizabeth's refusal to be guilt-tripped into going along with Franco's trying to wager his serial killer past into an art career and Ava's neediness is cringe-worthy.  She's acting like the unveiling of her portrait is some kind of long awaited event in Port Charles society.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SapphireSage said:

I realize they have to creatively dress Carly because of LW's varying waistline, but why do they have to put Olivia in the same kind of figure-disguising granny dresses?  Ugh.  

Maybe LW has it in her contract that no woman in her age range can be dressed better than she is? 😉

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Elizabeth being so dead set against Ava promoting Franco is just proving that she's a make-believe artist.

I understand what you're saying, but when he was whining today, it reminded me so much of Duke's "I can't be a man unless you let me be in a mob" complaints to Anna. And, TBH, I was also a little offput by his, "I used to be a great artist but now I'm just an art therapist" attitude. 

19 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know this is small potatoes but I can't stand the little scene reversal Carly pulled when she was speaking to Jason:  Nelle didn't ask to speak to Carly alone, it was Carly who asked to speak to Nelle.  The first scenario makes Carly look like a victim while the second one, the one that actually happened makes Carly look like the aggressor and bully she truly  is.

I agree. I don't know if it was just a misstatement that they wouldn't redo or if it was intentional on the writers' part, but it certainly did reveal Carly painting herself in the best possible light. If I had been Jason, I would have faked falling asleep while she was yammering on (although I understand the seed for the Chase-Sasha takeout reveal was being planted.)

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, rur said:

And, TBH, I was also a little offput by his, "I used to be a great artist but now I'm just an art therapist" attitude. 

Same. What a whiner, and way to be ungrateful toward your employer, you jerk.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Wow. It's so generous of all these magazine/photography assistants to give Sasha all those free drugs, it's no wonder people get hooked-- what with everyone being so free with the pick-me-ups. 

Drugs are totes free in PC. But Sasha will probably be the first victim of this opioid crisis that's coming to PC. She'll die, then Michael the eternal martyr will self-flagellate at the altar of St. Sasha, in the endless cycle of Michael's girlfriends dying because CD can only generate anti-chemistry in his pairings, see everyone single one of them.

If I'm an actress being paired with CD, I start worrying about my job.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Wow. It's so generous of all these magazine/photography assistants to give Sasha all those free drugs, it's no wonder people get hooked-- what with everyone being so free with the pick-me-ups. 

Maybe they deal on the side and they're giving her the first ones free to hook her so then she'll pay up the wazoo for more.

I honestly don't understand this show. Maybe the COVID break caused me to forget how this show is normally, but is there a reason a large number of their stories result in nothing?!!? LOL! 

We just suffered through a rushed, poorly written custody story to get the outcome almost all of us knew would be the case anyway . . . . but why? What was the purpose if you were just going to give the brat to Michael in the first place? The story sure wasn't entertaining and didn't contain any surprises! We watched CarSon struggle w/their baby having Spina Bifida only for the baby to get a surgery and be magically better . . . okay . . . why? What was the point of that story? We set up Carly being Jason's POA and then Jason getting into an accident for him to wake up a day later, perfectly fine.  Was this lame plot really only written to provide Idiot Sam w/a reason to give in to Valentin?!?! Really?! We watch this ELQ takeover for only Ned to care about it . . . . ok! No one else cares! Not even Michael! Why have Michael lose his job if he's going to be so nonchalant and uncaring about it?!?! 

I don't get GH. There is nothing to watch here. It's boring. Nothing happens. 

Oh, and no shade to the actress playing Brook Lynn but she looks like she's in her 30s. It's incredibly hard for me to sympathize w/overgrown brats like her and Michael. IMO, Olivia shouldn't have given her anything, and she shouldn't have gone to meet her. She sold out her family and has to face the consequences of her actions. Ned is rightfully upset w/her. Brook Lynn is a selfish, entitled brat, and Olivia is beyond annoying. I want Ned to ditch them both! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

you know what would have been a good story, and what I thought they might do when Jason appointed Carly his medical POA and then immediately had a motorcycle accident?  Since they were talking about a possible TBI (doesn't he already have that?)  I was hoping he'd wake up as Jason Q - Jason Morgan would effectively be dead, they could all mourn him, or whatever, and it would take him out of the Sonny/Carly/Michael orbit and put him back with the Qs, who need as many family members as they can get.  It would end the Jasam pairing and free him up for someone else.  He could work at ELQ (maybe not, now that Valentin is in charge), he could go back to being  a doctor, or best of all, he could become a cop and work against Sonny.

I have been wanting Jason Q to return for literally over 20 years - I was hoping it would happen this time but no such luck.  I’m starting to wonder if SB insists on staying Jason M because the character is so one-note and easy to portray.

Yeah since when are Sasha and Olivia texting buddies?

I’m not a big fan of Olivia or Brook but it was sweet that Olivia gave her a place to stay.  It was kinda harsh for Ned to kick her out, and I love Ned.  Unless Brooke is in her 30s but I always thought she’s supposed to be around 22.

The Sasha actress trying to act high is actually very funny.

• Love 3

Michael having no reaction to losing the CEO position made sense to me. He’s never had to really fight for the position, sacrifice anything, or do anything to gain acceptance into that family like the other Quartermaines have. He’s always been treated like the golden child and had everything handed to him on a silver platter. It would be nice to see him face some real hardships but he gets Jason-level writing where everyone bends over backwards to praise him and call him perfect. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m not a big fan of Olivia or Brook but it was sweet that Olivia gave her a place to stay.  It was kinda harsh for Ned to kick her out, and I love Ned.  Unless Brooke is in her 30s but I always thought she’s supposed to be around 22.

She’s a contemporary to Lulu and Maxie who are both in their 30’s, and she’s older than Michael who is pushing 30 too. 

• Love 3

Brook Lynn is definitely supposed to be in her 30s. She just gets written as really immature. Sort of like Kristina who I’ve always wished had parents who were harder on her but I’ve given up on that front. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

As others have pointed out, Brook Lynn has got to be in her 30s.  She, Maxie, and Lulu are all around the same age range: 33-35.

IMO, she is far too old to expect her dad to bail her out of all her troubles. He tried to help her, and she was still unsatisfied. She knew what selling those shares would mean to her father and her family, but she didn't care. She needed money to get out of her contract, and she wanted to spite her father! She's trash. Brook Lynn is a selfish, entitled brat IMO. I have ZERO sympathy for her.  

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Oh, and no shade to the actress playing Brook Lynn but she looks like she's in her 30s. It's incredibly hard for me to sympathize w/overgrown brats like her and Michael. IMO, Olivia shouldn't have given her anything, and she shouldn't have gone to meet her. She sold out her family and has to face the consequences of her actions. Ned is rightfully upset w/her. Brook Lynn is a selfish, entitled brat, and Olivia is beyond annoying. I want Ned to ditch them both! 

Yes, but Brook Lynn is still his child that he didn't raise; that was left to Lois.  Now I am not saying Ned shouldn't have kicked her out, I am saying she is still his daughter, so to "ditch" her completely is incredibly callous. I really wish they would give Brook Lynn more of a point of view and not make Ned into the long suffering father, because he put in less work into raising his own kid than Edward put into raising Tracy.  

• Love 1

None of the Quartermaines have raised any of their children, except Tracy with Dillon.  It was all boarding schools and other people's hard work.

Come to think of it, most of the parents on this show are super hands off, not even because the kids are off screen, just because they suck.  Lulu, Maxie (with James) and Liz are the only actual parenting parents on the show.

ETA: Alexis was, but her kids are grown.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

The math on how the ELQ shares are broken down is making my head hurt. We know that grandkids have 10% shares and great grands have 5%. How many shares do Tracy and Monica have? Ned, Dillon, AJ, Jason, Drew, Skye (assuming no one inherited Emily and Justus’s shares) is 60%. Then you have Michael, Brooke, Danny, Scout, Lila, Maya, Oscar, and Jake is 40%, and didn’t Sonny and Jax own a sizable amount of shares at some point? Regardless, that means Tracy and Monica (and Jimmy Lee Holt) have NO shares, which isn’t adding up...

I was surprised the writers acknowledged Jake as a shareholder. It was never mentioned before.  Guess it's one of those hand wave writing plot points by the writers  

Was Liz right to tell Jake that Jason had a motorcycle accident and was undergoing exploratory surgery/  Setting aside the fact that we all know that nothing is going to happen to him, is it right to frighten a young child like that that his father is going to die? He already lost Jason once,and Drew last year.  I would have waited till I knew more.

4 hours ago, rur said:

And, TBH, I was also a little offput by his, "I used to be a great artist but now I'm just an art therapist" attitude.

Being a therapist is an awesome job but the victories are individual, quiet ones . No one is going to hold a big formal party in your honour, or interview you for the news, or boast that they know you much less pay a million dollars for something that you created. I understand why Gtsnvo might be missing that even though he enjoys being an art therapist.

4 hours ago, rur said:

I agree. I don't know if it was just a misstatement that they wouldn't redo or if it was intentional on the writers' part, but it certainly did reveal Carly painting herself in the best possible light.

That's so Carly. And she believes it too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Annnnnd Michael finds out he lost his job and control of his family's company without so much as a bat of the eye. WTF, man.

To be fair, he could not possibly be bothered with something so trivial when he just got his first real shot at getting in Willow's pants. 

I swear if they SORAS Wiley but bring back Original Recipe Spencer, at some point Wiley and Donna will be older than Spencer! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 2

Is that a motorcycle helmet or has Jason taken up showjumping?  I thought a helmet should at least have a face shield to keep the grasshoppers out of your teeth.

re: Sam, Brookie, Sasha, Willow -- Why are wimmen so naive on this show?

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is that a motorcycle helmet or has Jason taken up showjumping?  I thought a helmet should at least have a face shield to keep the grasshoppers out of your teeth.

re: Sam, Brookie, Sasha, Willow -- Why are wimmen so naive on this show?

The show doesn't know how to write for women? It doesn't know how to write for people, but women especially.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, are any of these celebrating Corinthii assholes going to check in on Lucas (who?) and the shattered fragments of a life he's been left sitting in off-screen?

No. Lucas could be dead and no one would ever know. 

Although I can give Sam some credit for spending time, off-screen mind you, with him. Meanwhile, Carly and Michael don't give a rat's ass about him.

I'm still baffled that Willow and Lucas did not share a single scene together after the truth about Wylie came out. The writers could have written something really powerful. Two parents grieving for the baby who died and the one they thought was theirs. 

But skippidy skip over that and right into St. Michael needs a wife, a wife he wanted to date before Chase and all his charm swept her off her feet, to stake a better claim on the baby and into a custody trial, of which the outcome we already knew, we go.

If you guys didn't know, I really hate Michael. 

• Love 10

I was surprised the writers acknowledged Jake as a shareholder. It was never mentioned before.  Guess it's one of those hand wave writing plot points by the writers  

Does Jake have shares? I'm surprised that they didn't have Liz sell his shares because of her constant money issues.

I swear if they SORAS Wiley but bring back Original Recipe Spencer, at some point Wiley and Donna will be older than Spencer! 

yeah-- they should really be consistent with the SORASing. High schooler Cam was born before the now grad & law school considering Molly (this will never not bug me)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Was Liz right to tell Jake that Jason had a motorcycle accident and was undergoing exploratory surgery/  Setting aside the fact that we all know that nothing is going to happen to him, is it right to frighten a young child like that that his father is going to die? He already lost Jason once,and Drew last year. 

Jake is, what, around 10 years old? I think that's old enough to know what's going on. Besides, it's Jason, so he'll never die or be permanently injured (anymore than he already is, I mean). 

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, are any of these celebrating Corinthii assholes going to check in on Lucas (who?) and the shattered fragments of a life he's been left sitting in off-screen?

You know they'll write Lucas as thrilled that Michael was able to hang on to Wiley, so it's totes NBD that Lucas never legally gave up his parental rights to anyone.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Does Jake have shares? I'm surprised that they didn't have Liz sell his shares because of her constant money issues.

yeah-- they should really be consistent with the SORASing. High schooler Cam was born before the now grad & law school considering Molly (this will never not bug me)

Yep, Jake has ELQ shares.  Elizabeth apparently gave Michael his proxy vote in this current storyline.  I agree it seems odd with all the money issues that Elizabeth hadn't cashed the shares in before.  There was that plot point years ago where Elizabeth squandered the $10 million Jason left for Jake in trust.  She blew it on that stupid idea Steven had invested in.  It was all so lame at the time.  Since that time, until this week, it appeared Jake had no financial interest in his father's family business.  The writers had never addressed/mentioned before now.    

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jake is, what, around 10 years old? I think that's old enough to know what's going on. Besides, it's Jason, so he'll never die or be permanently injured (anymore than he already is, I mean). 

You know they'll write Lucas as thrilled that Michael was able to hang on to Wiley, so it's totes NBD that Lucas never legally gave up his parental rights to anyone.

Hard to believe, but in real time Jake turned 13 back in May.  I like Hudson West, but he's so young looking.  UO, I liked the previous actor who played Jake, James Nigbor.  He wasn't great, but he'd been in the role since Jake was a baby so I had a sentimental attachment, lol.  

• Useful 1

PLOT!PLOT!PLOT!

There's no other reason for the otherwise Jaysus, who knows and guesses everything to not even consider that Cyrus could have had a hand in sabotaging his precious motorcycle. Nope. It had to be defective or Brando did something to it.

What was all that blathering SheBeast was doing? None of it made sense. And she's going on the tour of how her precious spawn and his stepford wife have custody of Wiley. Speaking of Stepford, er, I mean Willow, boy she sure doesn't exhibit any uneasiness or behavior that might show that she's not used to being a part of the wealthy set. And that SLS couldn't care LESS about ELQ. His obsession with Wiley is be all and end all. I mean, maybe it's just the show, but every single time I see those scenes, Wiley is in bed; is being read a story (offscreen) to put him to bed, blah, blah, blah. He isn't running around, or talked about how he's having fun playing or whatever. What? Are they dosing him to keep asleep 24/7 like it appears? Not that I care. Because I don't.

I wish Ned had planned a coup to take over as ELQ--as he intimated to Tracy he was planning. But I like the stealthy way that Valentin bought up all those shares, even at the expense of those characters who are no longer on canvas. So I don't care how it makes them look. This show turned Lucky into a deadbeat Dad because Jonathan wouldn't return/remain, so yeah, bitter, and not sorry to see other characters trashed or made to look out of character.

For someone who is supposed to be in her 30s, Brookieeee continues to act like a spoiled, entitled TEENAGE BRAT. What with her whining and trash talking to Chase in his face. Like ANY of it is ANY of her business.

I had to laugh at that "helmet" that SheBeast gave Jaysus. I was like, where's the rest of it? It looked like a bowl. And for some reason, I'm thinking that Jason used to wear a helmet. Like when he used to take Liz on rides? Whatever.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...hey, Lucy and Scotty together!  But oh gawd, they're not looping back to/expecting us to care about Dr. Michael Easton's daddy issues, are they?

Yes, yes they are.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who?

They nor the show, give any figgedity fracks about Lucas. As has been stated before, or if it hasn't, Lucas should have been involved in this custody suit--that is the suit should have been between him and the SLS. Since Lucas and Brad raised him for the first 18 months of his life. But like I said previously, this show, under this show runner, has no stakes whatsoever.

I'm assuming Chloe (Nelle) recovered from the COVID-19, or was just asymptomatic, but tested positive, since she's been shown in the new episodes. I'm no fan, but I hope Nelle can sneak in and steal Wiley away while SLS is showing Willow the water. Why am I bringing this up when it was a VASTLY SUPERIOR (if a prime time soap), show--but DALLAS did a better job with the adoption of Christopher. Even if it's not the same circumstances.

Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinion thread, but I had no problems with what Nikolas said to Ava. None. Yeah, yeah, no one forced him to sign the post-nup. But did the truth of Valentin's paternity come out AFTER he signed or before? I don't remember.

Good LORD! Is Temporary Sam going to be on every single damn day? I swear yesterday, when she was confronting Brando (AGAIN!) her lips looked all dry and chapped. If this were a Harlequin romance novel from the 1980s, I'd say she's sekritly in love with Brando, hence getting in his face and accusing him of trying to kill Jaysus. Because that was all the RAGE in the romances back then: Hostility=UNREQUITED WUV.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinion thread, but I had no problems with what Nikolas said to Ava. None. Yeah, yeah, no one forced him to sign the post-nup. But did the truth of Valentin's paternity come out AFTER he signed or before? I don't remember.

It was before. Which was stupid. It was revealed that Valentin was not Mikos' son and so the previous codicil was useless. Valentin would need to get a dna test to prove if he was or was not a Cassadine, so again it was stupid for Nikolas to sign the post-nup to Ava after having already married her.

• Love 2