Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Just now, dubbel zout said:

How would the lawsuit disappear? Nelle has a legit gripe in that she didn't sign the papers, and there's no proof she did.

Exactly. Plus, after the shenanigans that Bobbie pulled, destroying the consent form with Nelle's forged signature, GH deserves this lawsuit. And if Monica had any knowledge that Bobbie did this, then this is on her, as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I just mean, if she can't afford a lawyer (no job= no salary, no money from the sale of stocks)-- the chances of her winning big $$ are smaller.

Not really.  Most lawyers work on contingency for this kind of thing.  Especially when it looks like a slam dunk. The hospital does not have the consent form on file because Bobbie shredded it because Carly forged it.  No consent form = no consent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Especially damning if Carly, Bobbie etc. swear that they saw Nelle sign it but there is no form.

2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Wasn’t Cook killed off and replaced with Carla Hall?

That was the celebrity in last year's (?) Nurses Ball, that the Metro Court chef quit and they begged the Q's cook, played by Carla Hall, to take over the catering. At the end of the spot, Hall quit both the Metro Court and the Q's to go to Paris. The Q's must have hired a new cook -- other than Olivia and BL with her Bensonhurst recipes, none of them seems to even know what a kitchen is.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Exactly. Plus, after the shenanigans that Bobbie pulled, destroying the consent form with Nelle's forged signature, GH deserves this lawsuit. And if Monica had any knowledge that Bobbie did this, then this is on her, as well.

Monica high-fived Bobbie after gaslighted Nelle left. Monica knew. The number of people on this show who are not willing to throw away their ethics for the Corinthii can be counted on the fingers of a severely mutilated hand (tm James Eayrs).

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Monica high-fived Bobbie after gaslighted Nelle left. Monica knew. The number of people on this show who are not willing to throw away their ethics for the Corinthii can be counted on the fingers of a severely mutilated hand (tm James Eayrs).

Don't get me wrong.  What Monica and Bobbie did was completely wrong (although I think Monica only found out about it after Bobbie did the shredding).  However, I think their motivation was grandson/great-grandson.  Not because they think the Corinthii are so great.  Especially in Monica's case.  

Now that I'm thinking about it, since Monica didn't find out until after the fact (again as far as I can tell), that was the perfect opportunity for her to throw Carly under the bus.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1

Monica hates Nelle so much that she didn't give her the respect that a doctor should give a parent when it comes to a dangerous surgery like Wylie had. No one wanted to take the time to sit down with Nelle and go over the pros and cons of the surgery much less explain to her why it had to be Done. Right. Now.

Monica is grateful for any crumbs of attention that Jason gives her, is buddies with Carly, and let's Sonny, her son's murderer, walk in and out of her house any time he wants. She's gone over to the Dark Side.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Stupid Sam. You hosed Michael by giving Valentin the voting shares of Jason and Drew's children. You haven't learned yet that you can't ever expect Jason to choose your side over Sonny, Carly, Michael, probably Lila (or at least her memory), likely Robin, etc.

• Love 6

Well, I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess a tiny part of me thought GH would do something interesting and unpredictable like giving Nelle sole custody or giving Nelle and Michael joint custody. I shouldn't have even hoped for something unpredictable simply b/c CL was still on canvas. That was my fault for not sticking to the show rule that - all Corinthos peeps must win over everyone at all times! My bad for thinking they kept CL around to do something a bit more interesting.

What was the point of this custody drama? Why didn't they just send Nelle off to jail if they were just going to give Michael the kid?! I also wonder if CL is staying on this show. She is set up as the perpetual loser, so if she is not going to get an ally or a leg up in any of her storylines, the actress may as well leave. You have to really hate Nelle - which I don't - to find any of this enjoyable or entertaining.  As a Nelle fan, I have no interest in seeing her kidnap Wiley. I've been over Wiley since the baby switch! 

I applaud Ned for kicking out Brook Lynn.  And Olivia can shut up! Ned did the right thing. Brook Lynn does not deserve to live in the Q mansion if she can screw over the Qs w/o a care in the world. BL is beyond selfish and just a horrible daughter. She doesn't care at all about her family's company. Even selfish, braindead Jason understands this! 

Which brings me to Sam - of course, Jason is upset, you moron! Like he said, he may not care about the company but he appreciates that his grandfather built it and that it should remain in the family. He's not going to be happy that you gave up the voting proxies to sit by his side?!? And of course, one-track mind Jason brought up his precious Michael. I was half muting, half watching, but it looks like Michael lost his job! LOL!! Jason is not going to be happy w/Sam! 

And if I did hear that one scene correctly about Valentin being CEO - I just want to laugh hysterically at Michael losing his CEO position. He NEVER should have been CEO of ELQ anyway! I hate Michael, so I'm happy something bad happened to him though I wish it was a double hitter - losing Wiley and ELQ. That would have been the BEST story. LOL!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Which brings me to Sam - of course, Jason is upset, you moron! Like he said, he may not care about the company but he appreciates that his grandfather built it and that it should remain in the family

I was shocked that Jason was upset on Edward’s behalf. 

Also, obviously Nelle is supposed to be the villain, but I am 100% Team!Nelle. You catch that giraffe!

• Love 7

Seriously, do they have a bronze plaque in the writers room that the Corinthii must win 100% of their plots, 100% of the time?  There is zero suspense in any of this and I am so over Carly, Michael and their buddies being so smug all the time.

A good judge would have given Nelle supervised visitation with her son, who is currently in the clutches of the most powerful mob family in the east coast, as the show keeps telling me. This They're Good! (when the plot needs them to be} / They're Bad! (when Carly, Sonny, Michael or Jason is threatening) is totally lame.

All I have to look forward to now is Nina's comeuppance when she realizes that Nelle is her daughter.  I want Nelle to go postal on her because even if she doesn't think Nelle should have custody of Wylie, the honourable thing to do would be to warn Nelle that her testimony will be hostile before she got on the stand.

ELQ will be better off with Valentin as CEO. He's more like Edward than Michael ever was or will be as long as he's Mama's Boy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

All I have to look forward to now is Nina's comeuppance when she realizes that Nelle is her daughter.  I want Nelle to go postal on her because even if she doesn't think Nelle should have custody of Wylie, the honourable thing to do would be to warn Nelle that her testimony will be hostile before she got on the stand.

THIS!!!! I was saying this on another board - as an family law attorney, I have had plenty of witnesses tell me they do not want to testify or tell my client to not ask them to testify b/c they don't want to get involved. If Nina knew she could not give favorable testimony, she should have told Nelle she wasn't going to say positive things and couldn't testify on her behalf.  Nina completely screwed Nelle over! 

I agree w/every word in your post but wanted to highlight this one point. I am looking forward to Nelle rejecting Nina. 

• Love 7

So Nelle lost the custody case today (no surprise there) and I can't get over how relatively subdued the whole thing was. Carly's smug sense of entitled victory was not nearly as strong as she's capable of providing, and Willow's comment that Nelle chose revenge over motherhood was truthful and fair. I'm still sick to death of Michael and Willow and wanted Nelle to at least win visitation, but still, the assessment of her today was accurate and much less harsh than I expected.

Poor dumb Sam grinning her head off at being free from Dolores, having no clue her actions have led to Michael losing his job. I hope Jason breaks her heart and tells her he'd rather have Dolores keeping them apart than have anything mess up the stability of Michael's life. We all know he'd easily chose a year away from Sam if it meant protecting Michael.

I loved Valentin's "well yes, OBVIOUSLY" head nod when Lucy voted with him. This ELQ takeover is much more fun than I anticipated, and is really the story I'm most into at the moment. Bring on the reign of Valentin (and please, please let Michael cry when he finds out he's been booted and is no longer the Quartermaine savior).

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

We’ve had two completely different Sams so far. KeMo is almost comatose and LH is so manic that she can hardly stop turning in circles and shouting at people. Couldn’t we just have a Sam somewhere in between? Please?

Everyone sees things differently but LH has only come off as OTT for me during the first half of her scenes with Alexis. Other than that, I thought she’s been doing great. Some of the scenes I didn’t love, like the one with Brando, I don’t think any actor could have made better. I think a lot of the fault is just in how Sam is written. She just doesn’t come off as pleasant with anyone other than a handful of characters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Sam by Jason's bed reminded me of Teresa weeping over Ethan and how they belong together. So really not a stretch in the acting since is a weeping pathetic nightmare when it comes to Jason.

And Jason's first thought was about Michael losing his job as CEO. Checkmate again, Sam, you once again lost to anyone who is a member of the Corinthos clan which you are not a part of. Well played, idiot.

ETA - Jason jumping to the conclusion that Michael might lose his job was all sorts of stupid and him talking about ELQ not being in the family anyone was also stupid, seeing as I'm pretty sure he did not know someone was buying up the ELQ shares. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, lala2 said:

What was the point of this custody drama? Why didn't they just send Nelle off to jail if they were just going to give Michael the kid?! I also wonder if CL is staying on this show. She is set up as the perpetual loser, so if she is not going to get an ally or a leg up in any of her storylines, the actress may as well leave. You have to really hate Nelle - which I don't - to find any of this enjoyable or entertaining.  As a Nelle fan, I have no interest in seeing her kidnap Wiley. I've been over Wiley since the baby switch! 

Nelle fan here, too. Your comment made me think that perhaps the best thing (for all of us) would be for Wiley, who should be able to walk on his own soon, to wander out into traffic  while both Michael and Willow were asleep (because, heck, raising a toddler when you're rich is really hard!). The fallout and blame for that could propel story lines for quite a while, and it'd get an extraneous baby off the canvas.

Edited by rur
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Michael gets full custody of Wiley, but Nelle didn't help her case any. It's no fun to watch stuff like this, Show.

I wonder if Michael and Willow will stay married.

I just wish the judge had called out both marriages as being shams to get an advantage in the custody case. Why is Nelle's sham marriage so much worse than Michael's? Why is Carly giving away Michael to her friend ok, but Nelle can't do the same? I just can't w/the hypocrisy of this show! It's too much and why I usually stick to watching the clips of my faves. LOL! 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I just wish the judge had called out both marriages as being shams to get an advantage in the custody case. Why is Nelle's sham marriage so much worse than Michael's? Why is Carly giving away Michael to her friend ok, but Nelle can't do the same? I just can't w/the hypocrisy of this show! It's too much and why I usually stick to watching the clips of my faves. LOL! 

Well he sort of did but he then pointed out that Nelle's theatrics showing up in the wedding dress on the first day of the trail and her own witness claiming that Nelle blackmailed the groom made it seemed that Nelle has been more manipulative than Michael. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I wish Judge Country had been the judge (why not?) and when he saw SLS, disbelieved him, knowing who his family was. Remember, he punished him to punish the harpy of a mother, Mooby and Jaysus.

And I also want a horsie.

This comes as no surprise. Like others have stated, there aren't high, or hell, any stakes any more on this show. The drama and SOAPINESS would have been to grant Nelle full custody and watch SLS and Willow be "devastated", see Chase and BobbleHead realize that they trashed their relationships for nothing. To see SheBeast's head explode and Mooby stutterbark all over the place. If only for a short while, because as @lala2 said up thread, Mooby and his gang of moobs ALWAYS have to win.

At least the SLS is out of a job! HAH! Now he and Willow can smother Wiley until he turns into a neurotic.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

At least the SLS is out of a job! HAH! Now he and Willow can smother Wiley until he turns into a neurotic.

Or into Michael himself.

Sadly Michael isn't actually out of a job, he just lost the CEO position. Valentin said that he would be given a position more fitting his (uneducated) level. Go Valentin! Michael's always been given everything on a silver platter and he's become such an entitled drip.

l found today's episode incredibly disappointing in terms of the custody thing and everyone involved init. The show didn't even try to make it interesting.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Michael and Willow will stay married.

They will if Michael has anything to say about it. He's practically salivating over Willow every time they're together.

Sasha who?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Seriously, do they have a bronze plaque in the writers room that the Corinthii must win 100% of their plots, 100% of the time?  There is zero suspense in any of this and I am so over Carly, Michael and their buddies being so smug all the time.

Willow picked right up on that smugness the second she said I do, apparently.  Snots, all of them.  I wish the show would pull a twist and have Nelle actually succeed in whisking Wiley away.  Then, in 10 years, he can come back as a 22-yr-old recent college grad hellbent on destroying the Corinthii after having heard hears of Nelle tell him tales. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

MIke was awfully spry today, considering he hadn't eaten in days, and they were considering a feeding tube.  It's insulting to those of us who've been there done that, in a similar situation.  

Totally can't get into new Brook Lynn.  I've had no problem with new Sam, I actually like Lindsay better.  But new BL just rubs me the wrong way.  Not sure if it's the actress or the character or both.  Loved Ned kicking her out of the house.  

WDv's hair makes me cry!

• Love 5

Really? The jeweler looks at an inexpensive, pedestrian silver heart and can hell who cut it in half 25 years ago. I think not. Just let this endless plot be over and start Nelle's redemption arc already!

Why do these people burst into Mike's room talking verdicts and custody battles? Do they not think this might cause him confusion and distress?!

• Love 10

WOW, the hypocrisy and pot calling the kettle black was in FULL FORCE today with the SheBeast! That she never took SLS away? Or tried to keep him from AJ? Or that she married AJ and betraaayed Jaysus because she was scairt AJ and his family would get custody? Her ASS didn’t know how to parent, either and still doesn’t.

I know, I know, what else is new? It’s typical and I shouldn’t let it get to me.

And STFU, SLS! Like he and his crime ridden family would have taken the high road if the judge had decided differently.

And Diane can also STFU. It’s gross how smug and dismissive she was being toward Nelle.

And Laura Wright just went and hugged Chad, while he and actress who plays Willow remained apart! And Lyndsay kissed Steve, and I saw something moist under her nose!

But this is a Valentin I can enjoy! Oh please don’t let him try to go sniffing after Neeena again.

I 😆😆😆😆😆 at his line about how SLS would be reassigned to a job that “fit his skill set.”😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

YAY NED! Good for him kicking out Brookieeeee. Who sounded like a whiny brat when trying to “explain” her reasons for selling her shares.

And another WOW that Jaysus gave any fracks about how Edward built ELQ.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

MIke was awfully spry today, considering he hadn't eaten in days, and they were considering a feeding tube.  It's insulting to those of us who've been there done that, in a similar situation.  

Totally can't get into new Brook Lynn.  I've had no problem with new Sam, I actually like Lindsay better.  But new BL just rubs me the wrong way.  Not sure if it's the actress or the character or both.  Loved Ned kicking her out of the house.  

WDv's hair makes me cry!

Nublq reminds me of Fran Drescher. 

• Love 2
On 8/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, sacrebleu said:

Oof, it's a toss up as to whether Julian's or Michael's hair is worse. ( Franco's hair is always awful).

And MB got soooo close to temp- Sam. It made me uncomfortable. 

So I have a question. If they’re back to work, I’m assuming they are tested in addition to social distancing, etc. Don’t they have hair and make up people? Couldn’t they get a safer haircut at the studio? Or is there something I don’t know about how hair and make up works?(which is very possible)

• LOL 1

I’m curious about what job Val gave to Michael.  Copy room guy?  Valet?  Making coffee all day in the break room?  Whatever it is I’m sure the brat will quit in a huff and go running back to Grandma’s house because he didn’t need a job anyway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There is zero suspense in any of this and I am so over Carly, Michael and their buddies being so smug all the time.

I can’t believe I thought for even one second that Nelle would win. I guess I was hoping. Even if she didn’t get custody, no visitation either? Man, when the vile Corinthii win, TIIC certainly make sure it’s an over the top win. 🙄

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, DanaMB said:

I can’t believe I thought for even one second that Nelle would win. I guess I was hoping. Even if she didn’t get custody, no visitation either? Man, when the vike Corinthii win, TIIC certainly make sure it’s an over the top win. 🙄

Hey . . . I'm right there w/you. I'm mad at myself for foolishly thinking this story would have a twist or be unpredictable in some way. As a custody attorney, I cannot tell you how hard it is to get NO VISITS. It's basically impossible since the judge is effectively terminating the parent's parental rights. In real life, Nelle would have been given at least supervised visits. As you said, when the Corinthii win, it must be OTT and long-lasting. 

Only the hardcore Carly/Michael/Jason/Sonny/Sam lovers can enjoy this show. It offers nothing - or very little - for any other viewers IMO. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

As a custody attorney, I cannot tell you how hard it is to get NO VISITS. It's basically impossible since the judge is effectively terminating the parent's parental rights

This is what I thought! I’m not in law, but have dealt with many contentious custody issues as a (firmer) admin at a school and rarely did a parent lose all custody. My life sometimes would have been easier if they had. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 2

I cackled when Valentin said Michael would be assigned a position more appropriate for his skill set. With Michael on his current nauseating victory lap over Nelle I'm very much looking forward to Valentin pissing in his Cheerios. Now I just need Valentin to run across Nelle as she's en route to kidnap Wiley and convince her to take a high ranking job at ELQ and play the long game when it comes to revenge. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I applaud Ned for kicking out Brook Lynn.  And Olivia can shut up! Ned did the right thing. Brook Lynn does not deserve to live in the Q mansion if she can screw over the Qs w/o a care in the world. BL is beyond selfish and just a horrible daughter. She doesn't care at all about her family's company. Even selfish, braindead Jason understands this! 

And if I did hear that one scene correctly about Valentin being CEO - I just want to laugh hysterically at Michael losing his CEO position. He NEVER should have been CEO of ELQ anyway! I hate Michael, so I'm happy something bad happened to him though I wish it was a double hitter - losing Wiley and ELQ. That would have been the BEST story. LOL!!! 

Well, Jason has always been the family member that was chased after by the Quartermaines, and you can thank that asshole for Michael's disregard for the company and the Qs. I don't know if this would have happened if Tracy or AJ were still the CEOs, but they would be  trying to come up with a plan to crush Valentin.  Also, Brook Lynn still hasn't managed to get any family members shot in the head or killed. Lets see if Sam is going to be called out for betraying Drew, Michael, Monica and the rest of the Qs.

Of course, this won't get into a more interesting dynamic between Brook Lynn and Ned and by extension the rest of the Qs. Brook Lynn has been pretty much ignored by the Qs, especially her own father growing up. Her music career is the only thing that has made her special and that is quickly fizzling out. I really wish they would have Brook Lynn drive home the fact that if she doesn't make it as a singer now, the chances of it happening will close to nothing and she will would up like Ned who is continually floating; no real interest in running ELQ and only moderately successfully as a musician over 20 years ago. They could really mirror how Ned's own relationship with his only daughter mirrored Edward's relationship with Tracy, except Ned had less to do with her upbringing.

I am all for Michael losing his position, but not to Valentin, only to another Q. Any chance Skye can swoop in and be voted CEO of ELQ. While not a true Q, she is close to the family. Though consider how women are written on this show, it will show Valentin manipulating Skye instead of the other way around. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I am all for Michael losing his position, but not to Valentin, only to another Q. Any chance Skye can swoop in and be voted CEO of ELQ. While not a true Q, she is close to the family. Though consider how women are written on this show, it will show Valentin manipulating Skye instead of the other way around. 

Skye sold her shares and Lila's shares to Valentin's intermediate. So what was were compelling reason for doing so? Everyone is mad at Brook Lynn as they should be but she wasn't the only one that sold the family company to an outsider.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Skye sold her shares and Lila's shares to Valentin's intermediate. So what was were compelling reason for doing so? Everyone is mad at Brook Lynn as they should be but she wasn't the only one that sold the family company to an outsider.

If Sam isn't confronted about this, I'll be pissed. What happened to AJ's share's did they go Michael?

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Yeah, 3 other shareholders sold out.  I think Lila might even be of age and done it herself.  BL isn't all to blame, but she is right there, eating their food, not paying rent, keeping it a secret and generally being a pain in the ass, so I get Ned lashing out.

AFAIC Sam is the real asshole here.  And it's a good thing she isn't Jason's POA cause she would have signed over anything he owned the second he lost consciousness.  Good call bro.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Nina's comeuppance? Because she wasn't honorable with NELLE? The bitca who murdered one fiancé and seduced a cop to kill Michael - because he abused her or something horrible? No. Because he dumped her trifling ass after bending over backwards repeatedly to forgive her constant lies. Then after trying to murder him she lead him to believe his child was dead for over a year (but, yes, the audience she should rage over the unfairness of it all because she lost custody.) That Nelle has no right to go postal on anyone for not doing the honorable thing? As if Nelle would have called her to the stand if she had given her a heads up. 

8 hours ago, lala2 said:

She is set up as the perpetual loser, so if she is not going to get an ally or a leg up in any of her storylines, the actress may as well leave. You have to really hate Nelle - which I don't - to find any of this enjoyable or entertaining.

As someone who really hates Nelle, yep, I enjoyed her losing today.  It's not hyperbole for me to say that Sonny, Carly (and to an extent Jason) are the characters who I have hated the most in any entertainment program I've watched ever. I'd gladly see them lose everything right before they were booted off this show - and still I can't root for Nelle. I know there's that phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" or something like that but in Nelle's case it's "The enemy of my enemy is still a rank asshole" and this sudden love for her I find mystifying. There is nothing rootworthy about Nelle. I don't think Wylie should exist and my preferred outcome would probably be his death. I don't enjoy Carly's smugness - though for everyone talking about Willow, Carly, Michael, etc.'s smugness Nelle is just as smug when she thinks she's got one over on someone - and hate to see her win. But I like Willow and can take or leave Michael depending on his storyline so this result was the lesser of two evils for me.

The only thing I agree with about the outcome was it wasn't realistic for the judge to grant no visitation. We were to believe the judge was actually weighing giving Nelle custody and yet he turns around and cuts her off completely because she's selfish (which is true.) No real judge would do that, but this is a soap, so whatever.

I don't think actors care as much about their characters "winning" as the audience does. I highly doubt CL came back to this show with any promises that she was going to win against the Corinthos Clan.

24 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Skye sold her shares and her daughter's to Valentin. I don't really call that as being close to the family - or particularly loyal.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Monica hates Nelle so much that she didn't give her the respect that a doctor should give a parent when it comes to a dangerous surgery like Wylie had. No one wanted to take the time to sit down with Nelle and go over the pros and cons of the surgery much less explain to her why it had to be Done. Right. Now.

Just because Monica high-fived Bobbie doesn't prove she knew anything about the forgery before the surgery was done. That hasn't been established on the show. If she did throw away her ethics she did it for her grandson and great-grandson.

I'm not sure how it works in real life, but that doesn't even matter, because this is a tv show. A doctor doesn't need to hold the hand of the patient's parents and being sweet to them. If this were the real world, Monica wouldn't have anything to do with the surgery because the patient was her great-grandson. I wish Monica would treat Sonny the same way she treats Nelle but I'm fine with how she treats her since Nelle tried to kill her grandson and let her grandson and Monica (who has already had to mourn fifty billion people) think Wylie was dead for over a year. Nelle is lucky Monica doesn't snatch her bald-headed and then drag her all over that hospital. Monica offered to print out literature for Nelle and let Nelle get other doctor's opinions but Nelle was snarky with her and didn't care about getting anyone's opinion. s usual, she was just looking at Wylie as an extension of her self. She couldn't get over her own past surgery enough to consider what would be best for Wylie. She just flat out said no to the surgery.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Skye sold her shares and her daughter's to Valentin. I don't really call that as being close to the family - or particularly loyal.

I believe the writers wrote it, but I don't believe that it is "in character" for Skye to sell, especially if Ned and Michael (AJ's son) are in charge of ELQ, at least without trying to sell her shares to them first if she was in needs of money. How did Valentin acquire 50% of ELQ? Even with acquiring shares from Skye, Brook Lynn, Lila Rae, Maya, I thought Edward only had 30% of ELQ stock to split among his brood of children which means if a new Q is born, the shares become smaller. I do love how loose the writing; no way Edward wouldn't stipulate that if any of them tried to sell their stocks, they would have to allow another Q who isn't Tracy first right of refusal in order to keep ELQ within the family and to prevent Tracy from taking over. Something similar was done in 1993, when Dominque left her shares of Deception to Lucy.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

As I already mentioned, I hate this lazy writing anytime the show wants to do one of these ELQ share stories because it makes off-screen Q's like Skye and Maya look stupid and/or act OOC.  I don't believe Skye would sell those shares unless there was an extremely compelling reason, which we never heard.  Ditto Maya.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No. But the difference between her and Maya, and BL and Sam is that Skye and Maya are not on screen. So the people who will get dumped on are the ones we see. If Skye ever returns for a visit, then I'm sure what she did will be dragged out. Or I'll drag it out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But the difference between her and Maya, and BL and Sam is that Skye and Maya are not on screen. So the people who will get dumped on are the ones we see

Plus BL and Sam knew they were dealing with Valentin and did it anyway.  With Skye and Maya they were dealing with an intermediary (likely Martin), so they wouldn't necessarily have known who it was for.  Plus, being away from PC and not really involved with the Qs, they probably don't really care about ELQ at this point in thier lives, so why not make money from the shares.  Sam and BL, living in town, knowing what Valentin is like, knew they were selling their shares to the devil.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

How did Valentin acquire 50% of ELQ? Even with acquiring shares from Skye, Brook Lynn, Lila Rae, Maya,

He also had Nelle's shares, which came from Shiloh, which came from Oscar (they were supposed to still be in probate since Oscar had two wills when he died but eh)

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

With Skye and Maya they were dealing with an intermediary (likely Martin), so they wouldn't necessarily have known who it was for. 

I thought Valentin was talking to Skye directly on the phone the other day to update her on the takeover, but maybe I misheard the name he said. 

46 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He also had Nelle's shares, which came from Shiloh, which came from Oscar (they were supposed to still be in probate since Oscar had two wills when he died but eh)

Oscar is still a great grandson, though, so what percentage share could he even had. I think the shares that could have really tipped the scales are Scout's because she would have inherited Drew's shares after he vanished / died. Hard to tell, no one held a funeral for him.

I'm sure the math is massively fudged up to say that Valentin now has 50% of the ELQ shares.

Tracy, Ned, Dillon, Michael, Jason, Jake, Monica vs. Skye, Lila, Maya, BL plus Dany and Scout's proxies. 

Edward is rolling over in his grave.

Sam could try and redeem herself by having Aurora pump money into the hospital, but Sam works with half a brain at the best of times and Aurora is never mentioned.

• Love 2

if this show were trying to be realistic (Ha! I know, hilarious) you could explain it as an end of life rally. So there's Sonny thinking Mike wants to go "home" to Turning Woods, making arrangements, then arrives at Mike's room to find he's passed away.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I thought Valentin was talking to Skye directly on the phone the other day to update her on the takeover, but maybe I misheard the name he said. 

He was.

Just now, YaddaYadda said:

Sam could try and redeem herself by having Aurora pump money into the hospital, but Sam works with half a brain at the best of times and Aurora is never mentioned.

Except for yesterday when Valentin approached Jax and Neena, tugging Lucy along, and suggested that Aurora mention how ELQ has a new CEO.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, DanaMB said:

they have hair and make up people?

Only if they’re unable to do it themselves. And since LA shut down again just before the show went back into production, it’s possible WDV didn’t have time to get a cut.

Monica recused herself from the vote but she should have given Ned her proxy.

Why is General Hospital always in financial trouble? I thought American hospitals like that made a lot of money from insurance billing.

As for the threat of Cyrus' tainted drugs causing overdoses and deaths, let's do a safe injection site story, people.

10 hours ago, gp1999 said:

At least Valentin has a new story rather than chasing after Nina all the time

I really wish that this would be a longterm story of Valentin using business savvy and Helena's ruthlessness to energize the company rather than the limp noodle it's been these last years but I fear that Michael will be CEO again by the end of the year. The SLS can never lose.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

if this show were trying to be realistic (Ha! I know, hilarious) you could explain it as an end of life rally. So there's Sonny thinking Mike wants to go "home" to Turning Woods, making arrangements, then arrives at Mike's room to find he's passed away.

That is where my mind went when he said he wanted to go home ( to heaven, to peace, ). That is how it was with some of my relatives. I also thought of it as an end of life rally. I have heard of that happening many times. It would give Max Gail a final few scenes and then he could peacefully pass away in his sleep with his dignity. 

• Love 5