Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I do have to give kudos today's writers for Valentin's  response to Nik scolding him for making a clandestine phone call in public :"Well Nikolas, that's where all the great [clandestine] calls are made."

Sorry to be that person, but Valentin's line was so good I wanted it to be completely accurate. 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

LOL at Ned telling Girl Reporter that  he's not going to tell anything to the person who broke his last business deal.

I think Awesome Writer must have snuck in for a bit with this and Valentin's line to Nik. Lulu's face was hilarious. Ned shouldn't have forgotten that.

Julian was rather IDGAF today, which is my favorite Julian. WdV's pandemic hair is TRAGIC.

Just when I think Sam can't get any stupider or more annoying, she manages to lower the bar even more. It's almost impressive. 

Poor Brando, though it was his choice to stay in Port Charles. At least Jordan has a few brain cells to rub together and realize Cyrus is probably responsible for Jason's accident. 

Nice high and tight, Steve Burton! Maybe do WdV a solid and give him the name of your barber.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Correct me if I"m wrong, but has Sam been on every episode since the temporary recast??? Like, whut?

Yeah it looks like it. The only episode she wasn’t on was last Monday, which looks like it was filmed prior to the shutdown except for Dante. I have a feeling that KeMo minimums are lower now and they saved them for this SL. She wasn’t on as much after she re-signed her contract last year compared to how she used to be. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

What in the holy hell did Burton do to his hair???

I assumed it was shaved on the sides because of the accident?  I saw stitches on the left side of his head.

• Useful 3

Sam is acting like someone lashing out at Brando out of guilt. You know, as if she’d cheated on him with Brando. It’s so over the top. It really amazes me that neither she or Mooby even thought that maybe Renault is behind Jaysus’ “accident” 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Oh, right. if this happened to anyone else, Jaysus would have brought that up.

Jordan needs her ASS FIRED. 

My favorite Julian is a Julian who doesn’t give a crap.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sam is acting like someone lashing out at Brando out of guilt. You know, as if she’d cheated on him with Brando. It’s so over the top. It really amazes me that neither she or Mooby even thought that maybe Renault is behind Jaysus’ “accident” 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Oh, right. if this happened to anyone else, Jaysus would have brought that up.

Jordan needs her ASS FIRED. 

My favorite Julian is a Julian who doesn’t give a crap.

I think we’re supposed to be assuming that Sam’s is protesting too much with her Brando hate but she just comes off like a bitch. I’m basing that mainly off that scene with Sam and Alexis at the gym where Alexis said he was cute and Sam said she didn’t see it. 

• Love 3

Taggart. The call followed Curtis asking Jordan if there was anything she's keeping from him now and her stunned expression.

I thought that it's too soon for Jason to have an injury after the POA anvil but now I think it's to move Valentin into getting the voting proxy for Danny and Scout because Sam wants to be in the room with him. Of course it would be easier for Sam to go to court and be allowed to stay with her comatose felon but that's not this show.

6 hours ago, Hater said:

I wonder if this will actually end up separating her more from Jason if he wakes up annoyed she sold out his family? But then I think no since Jason doesn't care about the Qs.

He'd probably think it serves the Qs right for giving his kid ELQ shares.

Just wondering, does Scout have more shares than Danny since she inherited Drew's as well as the ones she would get as a 4th generation descendent?  That could make for an interesting storyline in 10 years, but since it's the Quartermaines and not the Corinthii, they'll never do it. Danny will probably reject his Q  inheritance and be a mob enforcer like his father.

• Love 1

I didn’t know that William DeVry was being replaced, too. Whats the actors name? The whole town hate Cyrus so I guess my idea of someone just killing him is going to happen. That said, wouldn’t viewers need to actually care about the person or who did it? Harmony almost seemed sincere but she came up short again. One step forward two steps back. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam could have easily petitioned the court to allow her to see Jason because this is extreme circumstance. He was in an accident, he might have to get the other half of his brain removed. It's not like she's not allowed to be in the hospital or get direct news from his doctors. And the hospital staff bending over backwards for her is just *eye roll*.

No one will be thanking her for handing over her children's voting proxies until they're fucking 18 years old. But hey, she can have a beer with BL and they can chat about how stupid and selfish they both are.

YES!!!! 

Sam is an idiot. I cannot believe she is signing away her children's voting proxies so she can sit at Jason's side! She can't call Diane, explain the circumstances, and ask for an emergency hearing?!?! I think many judges would find this a special circumstance not find her in violation of her probation even if the PO issued a show cause order. This is beyond lame!

Sam is also the most annoying person on the planet! Her going at Brando today was beyond infuriating! She is so obnoxious no matter the incarnation! The lines they give her . . . ugh . . . she is insufferable! 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, lala2 said:

YES!!!! 

Sam is an idiot. I cannot believe she is signing away her children's voting proxies so she can sit at Jason's side! She can't call Diane, explain the circumstances, and ask for an emergency hearing?!?! I think many judges would find this a special circumstance not find her in violation of her probation even if the PO issued a show cause order. This is beyond lame!

Sam is also the most annoying person on the planet! Her going at Brando today was beyond infuriating! She is so obnoxious no matter the incarnation! The lines they give her . . . ugh . . . she is insufferable! 

Unless I misheard them today, it sounded like she wasn’t going to even get off parole. She’s giving away the kids’ voting proxies for years just to get a different parole officer. All for what, to sit by Jason’s bedside for a few days? I’m sure he’s going to ask her to stay away as soon as he wakes up because it’s too dangerous. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Unless I misheard them today, it sounded like she wasn’t going to even get off parole. She’s giving away the kids’ voting proxies for years just to get a different parole officer. All for what, to sit by Jason’s bedside for a few days? I’m sure he’s going to ask her to stay away as soon as he wakes up because it’s too dangerous. 

Oh my goodness! That makes it even worse! Sam is just a moron. 

Can someone explain why she couldn't just leave the room until her PO left? Are we really supposed to believe the PO is going to park herself in Jason's hospital room for days on end to make sure Sam doesn't come by?!?! If she does, she is CLEARLY being paid off by an enemy. No PO has time to devote to ONE parolee. Diane couldn't get that restriction lifted given the special circumstances?!?! Plus, the dude is in a coma!!! How are they going to "associate" right now?! LAME!! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I despise Valentin, truly, but I will tolerate him and perhaps even cheer if he manages to get Sam a new parole officer that is even stricter than this one and stipulates it that Sam can have custody of her children or be with Jason, but not both, and if she chooses to be with Jason, custody of the children shall be given to Alexis or Monica.

• Love 7

I know this was a few days ago, but I keep going back to it because it really annoyed me. When Nelle went to see Wiley -- admittedly a few hours late, Willow said something that just UGH! Nelle had put down the stuffed animal she got for him (we'll ignore the tracking device because we didn't know about it--and to be fair, considering that Wiley is the grandson of a mobster and part of an incredibly wealthy family, it's not a bad idea, really, to have him tracked). Anyhoo, Nelle put down the stuffed animal, and stupid Willow and/or Michael pooh-poohed the idea because Wiley already had a stuffed animal he loved. Because apparently the most wonderful parents who ever parented that are Michael and Willow are unaware that a child can have more than one stuffed animal. (I know, right?!?!?)

So, Nelle picks up the elephant, you know, the one that Wiley supposedly loves soooooooooooo much that he's not even sleeping with the dang thing. And that's when Willow said the thing that drove me up the wall that I'm still arrgghhing about it days later. She said to Nelle (the mother of Wiley) about the stuffed animal that Wiley (Nelle's child) that Wiley (again, Nelle's child) loved. "It's none of your business."

And I was like "BITCH, PLEASE!" Because, yeah, it IS her business. EVERYTHING to do with Wiley is Nelle's business. Willow may not like it. Michael may not like it. Carly may not like it. But Nelle gave birth to that child, and Nelle is fighting for custody of that child, and Nelle has court-appointed rights to that child still. So, Willow, yeah, it is EXACTLY her business.

Honestly, before Willow got THIS entangled with Michael, i liked her, but I'm growing to loathe her. Unless they do make her Nina's daughter as well and Nelle's twin which creates this awesome dynamic between the two, I pretty much think they've ruined the character for me.

• Love 13

I would be very happy with a Taggert-not-dead reveal, and I've kind of suspected that was coming for a long time. It just seemed a pointless downer to bring him back after 17 years, connect him to newer characters, and have him killed off by the mobster du jour. While GH can be a pointless downer, it didn't add up. Plus, they still talk about him a lot.

Not to jump the gun too much, but if he is still alive, I hope the phase of Trina being furious with him for making her mourn passes quickly. I like Trina, but a little of her hostile side goes a long way. Plus, we've already had a heaping helping of that story from Nikolas's friends and relatives.  

Oh, to be young and foolish again. I remember my first soap not-death. A character I really liked was killed, and they showed a body in the morgue and everything. It was a good fake-out! But I also was not wise to the ways of the genre yet. I remember being sad the whole day after that, and I didn't even know if I wanted to keep watching the show, I hung in there because there were other characters I liked, and then a couple months down the line, I got the sweet twist that the character was in hiding. 

I'm still really liking the chemistry between Liz and MC's Nik. I'm not necessarily shipping them for romance, but I think they do a good job of selling a longstanding connection, and her being torn between wanting to accept him back in her life and still being angry. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Hater said:

Ditto.  Sam still sucks as a character, no matter who is reciting the dialogue.  Yikes

Yep. Same goes for the Moobster - not that we'd ever get the chance to see anyone else's portrayal of Sonny.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I remember my first soap not-death.

MIne was Lucky.  I wasn't into spoilers back then and there wasn't a lot of advertising of actors leaving shows, so I had no idea that JJ was leaving.  I cried for three days.  Then on Friday, when they showed him being held captive by Helena, I literally fell off my couch, completely gobsmacked.  Ah, the good times of soapy cliffhangers.  

• Love 7

So, was the show preempted today? 

Questions...

What is Nelle's latest threat?

Did Sam change her mind about signing over the proxies?

Was Jordan FIRED?

I'm bored, if you can't tell. And this is the first day in like, two months, where I actually have down time and there's like no activity! Anywheres!

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Questions...

Was Jordan FIRED?

I'm bored, if you can't tell. And this is the first day in like, two months, where I actually have down time and there's like no activity!

1- Not preemted here in Toronto

2-Nelle's latest threat:  She wanted to pretend to be sick so that the custody hearing results would be postponed.  Martin told her to knock it off.  She fired Martin.  Said she wouldn't pay his bill.  Accidentally let it slip that she's planning on taking off.  Warned him that she'd do dire things to him if she didn't get full custody.  

3-Nope.  The idiot signed over her kid's shares to Valentin in exchange for a new PO (long story short, new PO is all, sure you can hang out with your felon husband).  Valentin showed up at the Q mansion in time to vote against lending money to the hospital.  He has 50% of the shares.  Lucy is the tie breaker

4- Nope.  Curtis warned Cyrus to back off or else (he knows where someone that Cyrus cares for is living and used that as leverage)  Cyrus summoned JOrdan and told her to have Curtis back or else.  

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Questions...

Was Jordan FIRED?

I'm bored, if you can't tell. And this is the first day in like, two months, where I actually have down time and there's like no activity! Anywheres!

Nelle wanted Martin to find an excuse so she wouldn't be in court. The judge has made his decision so none of Nelle's delay tactics will change  that decision but her continual games will be viewed negatively by the judge.  He told her that was a bad idea and they went at it where he pointed out that her theatrics probably resulted in her losing her custody suit. She fired Martin and said she would be better off being her own lawyer. He was also fired from being her lawyer for her lawsuit against GH. He said that he will send his bill and she said that she isn't paying him. He threatened her if she didn't pay, lawyers have a way of getting back at clients who don't pay their bills. She essentially said she is going to court, wait for the judge to give her full custody and then she is going to leave PC forever with Wylei.

Sam signed the proxies and Val had her PO switched.

Jordan was on the phone with Laura about her press conference about Cyrus and said she understood if Laura fired her. Laura did not.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

1- Not preemted here in Toronto

2-Nelle's latest threat:  She wanted to pretend to be sick so that the custody hearing results would be postponed.  Martin told her to knock it off.  She fired Martin.  Said she wouldn't pay his bill.  Accidentally let it slip that she's planning on taking off.  Warned him that she'd do dire things to him if she didn't get full custody.  

3-Nope.  The idiot signed over her kid's shares to Valentin in exchange for a new PO (long story short, new PO is all, sure you can hang out with your felon husband).  Valentin showed up at the Q mansion in time to vote against lending money to the hospital.  He has 50% of the shares.  Lucy is the tie breaker

4- Nope.  Curtis warned Cyrus to back off or else (he knows where someone that Cyrus cares for is living and used that as leverage)  Cyrus summoned JOrdan and told her to have Curtis back or else.  

Oh I knew why Valentin wanted them--but I was wondering if she changed her mind based on the previews after yesterday's show. OF COURSE that Nitwit is the tie breaker. So was SLS giving Ned grief? That this hostile takeover wouldn't have happened if he was still in charge? Or hadn't taken a break?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh I knew why Valentin wanted them--but I was wondering if she changed her mind based on the previews after yesterday's show. OF COURSE that Nitwit is the tie breaker. So was SLS giving Ned grief? That this hostile takeover wouldn't have happened if he was still in charge? Or hadn't taken a break?

Michael did throw shade at Ned. When they asked Valentin why he went after ELQ, he said basically that their CEO (Michael) annoyed him during the whole Sasha business and he realized that ELQ was a company that interested him. When they realized that Val purchased Skye, Lila, Maya, Nelle and BL's share plus the proxies from Sam and he has 50% of the company, Michael seemed relatively chilled because the Qs were still a family and it was just a company.

Again another reason why Michael should have never been CEO.

• Love 10

Oh poor Martin got fired by Nelle. I'm sure he was so upset about it. Lol I like the way he handled her. 

Of course Delores had to come in and tell Sam to leave Jason. She's so evil! Ha. But even I was annoyed that she did that because the guy just had a bad accident and is unconscious. It's not like he and Sam were plotting something. That was just too much IMO. I did like her comment to Sam at the end that she had no ill will towards her, and she was just doing her job. And of course Sam signed the papers. Jason is her number one priority and all that matters! Nothing and no one is more important than them being together. 🙄

I also thought during the Curtis and Cyrus conversation that Cyrus knows that Trina is Curtis's daughter. Curtis said he had nothing he could use against him, and Cyrus said he wouldn't be so sure about that. I dunno if they're going that route. 

• Love 2

It was a nice cliffhanger to leave Lycy as rhe deciding vote, standing looking at Valentin who is the person funding her company. JPS played that while scene very well, not going over the top as many would have.

Valentin is 1000x times better since they dropped Nina/Valentin. Now she's bringing Jax down. Nina would be a better character if the men weren't going gaga over her.

Speaking of Lucy, what was the first meet with Cyrus all about? Lucy is his real estate agent who sent him to Ava to buy her penthouse. If the writers have forgotten, the Cyrus actor shouldn't have.

Willow has become insufferable since she got together with Michael.

• Love 11

If Sam had just been upfront with Dolores, I think she'd have cut Sam some slack. Jason is in a coma; as @pinkandsparkly13 pointed out, it's not as if they're plotting anything. Sam's attitude from the start about being on parole was needlessly confrontational, so she's only getting what she put out.

Nelle is another character they're writing as completely out of touch with what's necessary. That stuff with Martin today was ridiculous. If the judge is ready to rule, you need to be there. Nelle should have a better plan than she does, but she has to be stupid so Michael and the rest can huff and puff at how terrible she is. Ugh. SO boring.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle is another character they're writing as completely out of touch with what's necessary. That stuff with Martin today was ridiculous. If the judge is ready to rule, you need to be there. Nelle should have a better plan than she does, but she has to be stupid so Michael and the rest can huff and puff at how terrible she is. Ugh. SO boring.

Her plan was to skip court to go kidnap Wylie and vanish with him and Martin popped her balloon. 

I liked the new Delores. Too bad we won't be seeing her again. And Sam gets what she wants, Jason is awake, and I hope he has full on amnesia and is turned back into Jason Q. He freaks about about his haircut and his missing leotard.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

So it's another Quartermaine versus (fake) Cassadine face-off over ELQ shares and again my girl Lucy has been maneuvered to be the tiebreaker slash stab the Q's in the back?  Boooooooo. 

I mean, at least this time she has a better reason - Deception is kinda her personal ELQ - and we won't be subjected to any OOC lectures from her about how mean Michael was to Sonny and Duke, but still.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

How stupid is Nelle? She said she wouldn’t pay Tad Sanders because he “lost.” As if losing a case let’s the losing party from having to pay your legal bills. This wasn’t a lawsuit which is usually set up as a contingency—where the attorney gets a third of the settlement.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And what is with Ava, and now temp!Brookie wearing such ghastly eye make-up? Where there’s shiny eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyes and spread a third toward the outer eye?

SLS attempting to act like a competent CEO when he started railing at Ned just made me 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 What he knows about running ELQ wouldn’t even fit in the palm of Ned’s palm.

Valentin is much more enjoyable when he’s not mewling after Nina and out of her orbit.  James Patrick Stuart is so very charismatic when he gets to showcase it. And he’s not even the twirling moustache villain here-he was very pragmatic and not rubbing anyone’s nose in his victory. Well, maybe a little.😄😄

Jordan should have had her ASS FIRED.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Jason is awake, and I hope he has full on amnesia and is turned back into Jason Q.

He'll turn into Drew and make Sam wear skirts, thus making her ~sacrificing her children's voting proxies all in vain.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Sam gets what she wants, Jason is awake, and I hope he has full on amnesia and is turned back into Jason Q. He freaks about about his haircut and his missing leotard.

Melgaypet beat me to it, lol. Maybe the Reindeer sweater is in storage at the Q Mansion.

Anyhoo...the TempBrooke Lynn and TempSam casting is pretty damn bad. And casting used to be one of the few things GH did consistently well.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked the new Delores. Too bad we won't be seeing her again. And Sam gets what she wants, Jason is awake, and I hope he has full on amnesia and is turned back into Jason Q. He freaks about about his haircut and his missing leotard.

I’ve been wanting this since the ‘new’ Jason rode his motorcycle into the living room of the Q’s house, and my eyes rolled so far back in my head that I almost got dizzy.  Yeah dude you’re so James Dean.  Rebel without a clue.

I’m not liking Willow as much as when she was with Chase - I feel that in marrying Carly’s spawn, she somehow immediately inherited her smugness.  Also, she seems to have very quickly adapted to his level of wealth.  It would have been more in character for there to be at least some throwaway line about the massive daily breakfast spread, or her sudden wardrobe upgrade.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He'll turn into Drew and make Sam wear skirts, thus making her ~sacrificing her children's voting proxies all in vain.

Jason wishes he was Drew. A far better character, who cared about his family and adored his children and wanted to spend as much time with them as he possibly could. When Sam told Carly that Scout was so confused, you know, Sam, maybe Scout is confused because she doesn't understand why the parent who took care of her and was always there for her suddenly vanished. 

Fuck Jason and his broken brain. At the rate he's been collecting all these brain injuries have been going, he should be a drooling mess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

We’ve had two completely different Sams so far. KeMo is almost comatose and LH is so manic that she can hardly stop turning in circles and shouting at people. Couldn’t we just have a Sam somewhere in between? Please?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Her plan was to skip court to go kidnap Wylie and vanish with him and Martin popped her balloon. 

Which is still idiotic because that means she'd just waltz into the Q mansion and no one would see it. I hate that sort of plot point.

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Which is still idiotic because that means she'd just waltz into the Q mansion and no one would see it. I hate that sort of plot point.

Jason used to climb in Emily's window without anybody else knowing he was there.  Or maybe Cook was going to help her get in.  We've never actually seen Cook (I don't think), but i've always gotten the impression that she's been waiting for just such an opportunity.  Or, for all I know, they switch out cooks so often they just call her Cook because they can't be bothered to remember her name.  But, I think my scheme would still stand.

Edited by Katy M
28 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Jason used to climb in Emily's window without anybody else knowing he was there.  Or maybe Cook was going to help her get in.  We've never actually seen Cook (I don't think), but i've always gotten the impression that she's been waiting for just such an opportunity.  Or, for all I know, they switch out cooks so often they just call her Cook because they can't be bothered to remember her name.  But, I think my scheme would still stand.

Wasn’t Cook killed off and replaced with Carla Hall?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

We all hate that sort of plot point, except for the writers. I wasn't paying attention to her tracker to see where Wylie was. Nelle shouldn't have been brought back. She will lose. She will either die or be carted off to some mental institution. Lately, I can't help but think of Heather Webber whenever she's on screen.

7 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Wasn’t Cook killed off and replaced with Carla Hall?

Was she? I thought she quit because of Olivia being an overbearing jerk. Or Maybe it was Carla Hall who quit?

• Love 2

What I don't understand is why the Q's don't go after the shares Valentin got from Nelle. Shiloh's claim to Oscar's shares is weak at best, the will Oscar wrote, leaving his shares to that non-profit organization to send under privileged kids mountain climbing (insert eye roll) superseded Shiloh's claim.

Nullify Shiloh's claim-- not only do they neutralize Valentin's control over ELQ-- they also neutralize Nell (the $ she used to hire Martin to sue GH AND to buy a house to share with Wiley came from the sale of those shares. Especially relevant since she's probably lost her Crimson gig).

It would also have the added benefit of potentially making the lawsuit against GH disappear-- which nullifies the need for ELQ to bail out the hospital (or risk Cyrus getting his foot in the door). So getting Oscar's shares back would also neutralize Cyrus (partially)

Much as I am loathe to hand Michael such an easy win, or to remember that Oscar existed. Isn't anyone of these corporate geniuses capable of putting this together? I didn't go to law school or business school and it seems pretty obvious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

It would also have the added benefit of potentially making the lawsuit against GH disappear

How would the lawsuit disappear? Nelle has a legit gripe in that she didn't sign the papers, and there's no proof she did.

• Love 4

How would the lawsuit disappear? Nelle has a legit gripe in that she didn't sign the papers, and there's no proof she did.

I just mean, if she can't afford a lawyer (no job= no salary, no money from the sale of stocks)-- the chances of her winning big $$ are smaller.