Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I never was a fan of Man Landers but it almost seems like good times compared to Wylie custody story.

And way to honour non-binary people in the opening number with all the girls in pink and the boys in blue.

One good thing about these times is that Nathan is sooo much better looking (and less basic-pretty-boy) with facial hair.

I had the same thought about the pink-and-blue scrubs.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know I will be in the minority but I actually enjoyed the Man Landers story. I never understood the hate for it. I also really wanted Nathan and Amy to get together. They had good chemistry and would have been a cute couple to me. IIRC, Maxie was a "mean girl" to Amy in HS, so it would have been hilarious to see Amy "take" her man while she was out of town doing who knows what . . . I cannot remember. LOL! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5

I actually really like Amy as a character - kinda the way I like Lucy - they can both be annoying at times but there’s still such a cuteness about them I find endearing.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And way to honour non-binary people in the opening number with all the girls in pink and the boys in blue.

Were they trying to honor non-binary people?  Was that their goal with that number?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I had the same thought about the pink-and-blue scrubs.

Especially at an AIDS benefit. Oof, talk about tone-deaf.

I've always wondered: When Lucy talks about every penny raised going to support AIDS research, is that IRL? Did viewers contribute to some sort of GH fund? Or did ABC make some sort of contribution? I know when they sold merch, some of the jewelry and T-shirts and stuff had a portion of proceeds earmarked for charity.

8 hours ago, lala2 said:

I never understood the hate for [the Man Landers story]. 

I hated it because it was so stupidly written. The idea wasn't bad, but the execution, as usual, was terrible. Amy emotionally blackmailed Nathan into being her front ("I'm trying to pay my vet brother's medical bills!" With no mention of the VA whatsoever), then the idiocy of keeping it from Maxie, then the whole book thing. And really, do dudes really care if it's another dude or a woman giving them advice? I know as a woman, as long as the advice is thoughtful, gender makes no difference to me. Of course, there are topics where someone like you has a better handle on things (e.g., health issues), but it's easy enough to find a professional to weigh in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

. IIRC, Maxie was a "mean girl" to Amy in HS, so it would have been hilarious to see Amy "take" her man while she was out of town doing who knows what . . . I cannot remember. LOL! 

KSt was off with health issues I believe but the in-show story was that Maxie was in Portland for work and to spend some time with Georgie who she lost custody of for unfair reasons. (Probably because she wasn't a Corinthos groupie like Spinelli.)

I wasn't watching much at the time but I remember Maxie having a lot of problems in her teen years and more likely to be the girl that the mean girls were mean to rather than being one of the bullies. So it felt like the whole 'Maxie was mean to Amy and Amy taking Ryan away is sweet revenge' was a retcon to justify Amy/Nathan and I resented it.

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Were they trying to honor non-binary people?  Was that their goal with that number?

No, it was a regular opening number. I was being sarcastic because putting all the girls in pink and boys in blue is so 1950s. Scrubs come in other colours, the previous year Liz wore red, so the sex lines binary was glaring.  If they wanted only those two colours, mix it up a little.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I actually really like Amy as a character - kinda the way I like Lucy - they can both be annoying at times but there’s still such a cuteness about them I find endearing.

I wish someone called her out when she broke the Nurses' Strike, especially when she publicly shamed Liz when she expressed reservations because she has 3 kids to support. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching much at the time but I remember Maxie having a lot of problems in her teen years and more likely to be the girl that the mean girls were mean to rather than being one of the bullies. So it felt like the whole 'Maxie was mean to Amy and Amy taking Ryan away is sweet revenge' was a retcon to justify Amy/Nathan and I resented it.

Specifically, it seemed like a character retcon that suited the Kirsten Storms version of Maxie. She really is believable as a former "mean girl." (Not Storms herself, but Maxie as played by Storms.) I don't remember the Robyn Richards Maxie projecting snobbishness or being all "You don't know all about the latest trends? You are so hopeless!" She was kind of insecure. She had that crush on Lucky, and her attitude was that he would never even look at her when he had a perfect girlfriend (Liz). That's not how it played when they actually did Maxie/Lucky years later with Storms and GV.  

Also, the RR version had the infamous "Maximum Maxie" story, when Kyle put the sex video of their first time on the internet and made her an object of ridicule.  

Even the interim, short-lived, little-remembered Maxie -- the one who said "exspecially" -- wasn't haughty at all. Just kind of a bimbo.   

But Richards was good at fragility, and Storms is good at something else.  

On Man Landers: I didn't hate it as much as some did. It was just eating up a lot of air time for a story about some new characters plus Nathan, who only had a trace of a personality and had mostly been Someone's Husband/Brother/Son. And it was built on a questionable premise, given that the successful advice columnists anyone can actually name are women. What it had going for it was Risa Dorken's energy and sweetness and the general likability of the characters in it (Amy, Nathan, Chet). I hope RD is doing better and will be back on GH eventually. She opened up about serious mental health struggles earlier this year.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

And it was built on a questionable premise, given that the successful advice columnists anyone can actually name are women.

You could make the argument that since there are so many successful female advice columnist, a male columnist would be set apart and actually able to break into an already glutted market.  

(edited)
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

KSt was off with health issues I believe but the in-show story was that Maxie was in Portland for work and to spend some time with Georgie who she lost custody of for unfair reasons. (Probably because she wasn't a Corinthos groupie like Spinelli.)

Thank you! I knew KS was out for health reasons, but could not remember why Maxie was gone in canon. 

Honestly, the first Maxie (Robyn Richards I believe) was not a mean girl. You're right about that. She would have been targeted by the "mean girls." I really liked RR's portrayal of Maxie. I have never really been able to warm up to KS's Maxie.  IMO, Maxie was fundamentally changed when KS took over the role. I could see KS being a mean girl, but that was a retcon from the way the character was originally written. 

I didn't mind the Amy/Nathan plot and wish they had actually gone there w/them. I like Amy and think it could have been a good story, esp. since Maxie acted like "big, fat" Amy could never steal away Nathan. Whatever! 

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Specifically, it seemed like a character retcon that suited the Kirsten Storms version of Maxie. She really is believable as a former "mean girl." (Not Storms herself, but Maxie as played by Storms.) I don't remember the Robyn Richards Maxie projecting snobbishness or being all "You don't know all about the latest trends? You are so hopeless!" She was kind of insecure. She had that crush on Lucky, and her attitude was that he would never even look at her when he had a perfect girlfriend (Liz). That's not how it played when they actually did Maxie/Lucky years later with Storms and GV.  

Also, the RR version had the infamous "Maximum Maxie" story, when Kyle put the sex video of their first time on the internet and made her an object of ridicule.  

Even the interim, short-lived, little-remembered Maxie -- the one who said "exspecially" -- wasn't haughty at all. Just kind of a bimbo.   

But Richards was good at fragility, and Storms is good at something else.  

I couldn't agree more w/you about RR's version versus KS's. That's why I didn't mind the "mean girl" retcon. By the time they did that, KS had been Maxie for a number of years; the RR version was far in the past and mostly forgotten. So, I had no problem buying into that retcon. As you said, KS's Maxie seems like she would have been a "mean girl" in HS. It was believable to me. 

I just saw the Man Landers story as fluffy fun. I didn't mind it at all, and in fact, enjoyed it. LOL! 

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hated it because it was so stupidly written. The idea wasn't bad, but the execution, as usual, was terrible. Amy emotionally blackmailed Nathan into being her front ("I'm trying to pay my vet brother's medical bills!" With no mention of the VA whatsoever), then the idiocy of keeping it from Maxie, then the whole book thing. And really, do dudes really care if it's another dude or a woman giving them advice? I know as a woman, as long as the advice is thoughtful, gender makes no difference to me. Of course, there are topics where someone like you has a better handle on things (e.g., health issues), but it's easy enough to find a professional to weigh in.

I get that. For me, it wasn't that serious. For whatever reason, I just took the story for what it was and didn't think about it too much.

IIRC, RC was writing at the time, and I was a fan of his time on the show. I liked the balance he brought, and I liked that he focused on other characters and not just the same people all the time. Amy has always been a fun enough character for me. I don't hate her, so it was nice to see her in an actual plot for once. Plus, I did think she and Nathan sparkled, and I would not have objected to them hooking up! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1

I can see KSt's Maxie unthinkingly making someone else feel bad because she wasn't up to fashion snuff but I don't see her as a mean girl. Whatever else Maxie is, she's kind to people and gives them chance after chance.

It's strange jumping years like this because I'm barely into the storylines and then it jumps ahead a year and all the partners have changed. and I''m trying to figure out what's going on now.

Most of this episode was forgettable, except that I wondered if Nina and Valentin's entire relationship was breaking up and making up, and how  Valentin had a million dollars in spare change to buy a chance to sing a song and win Nina back. One thing really struck me though:  when I saw the "Brave" piece three years ago, I thought that it was an okay act. Three years later in June 2020, I see it differently, especially the answer to when they sang 'What could it hurt if you speak up?'.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, lala2 said:

I couldn't agree more w/you about RR's version versus KS's. That's why I didn't mind the "mean girl" retcon. By the time they did that, KS had been Maxie for a number of years; the RR version was far in the past and mostly forgotten. So, I had no problem buying into that retcon. As you said, KS's Maxie seems like she would have been a "mean girl" in HS. It was believable to me. 

They kept the sex tape in the retcon, though, and if Maxie had been a mean girl, I'd think she'd just shrug it off—publicly, at least—rather than be so completely devastated. But whatever, they needed to give Amy an unnecessary (IMO) tie to the canvas.

I'd have enjoyed the Man Landers story had it stayed a fluffy summer story and not gotten into emotional blackmail and inexplicable medical expenses for a vet.

• Love 5

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........

That's what the past two days were like for me.

So, what was up with the chimera thingie? I was recovering my reconstruction surgery when this aired and spent my days getting sucked into the Indian programs with my folks, who came to help me through it.

All I will say is that I coveted, COVETED Anna's dress and hair. What happened to THIS Anna?

42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, what was up with the chimera thingie?

Helena, basically. Some sort of trigger or bomb or something dumb like that. I barely remember, and the news preemption didn't make it easier to recall.

I'm sure the interwebs have a decent rundown if you need more info.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Helena, basically. Some sort of trigger or bomb or something dumb like that. I barely remember, and the news preemption didn't make it easier to recall.

I'm sure the interwebs have a decent rundown if you need more info.

Thanks dubbel. Since my stupid affiliate has stopped re-airing in the wee hours, and the app isn't consistent with airing these episodes, I've started recording the shows that follow this one, so I can watch and fast forward. But the audio was reallllyyyyy off for yesterday's episode. The acoustics were awful and there was a bad echo.

I take it from the dirty looks Nina was giving Anna, that she's jealous? But what little I could glean, it was Alex, not Anna, who tried to...seduce Valentin?

Jason Patrick Stewart does have a lovely singing voice, I must say.

It's beyond GROSS who even the media are asking why Mooby isn't at the Ball.

18 hours ago, lala2 said:

Thank you! I knew KS was out for health reasons, but could not remember why Maxie was gone in canon. 

Honestly, the first Maxie (Robyn Richards I believe) was not a mean girl. You're right about that. She would have been targeted by the "mean girls." I really liked RR's portrayal of Maxie. I have never really been able to warm up to KS's Maxie.  IMO, Maxie was fundamentally changed when KS took over the role. I could see KS being a mean girl, but that was a retcon from the way the character was originally written. 

I didn't mind the Amy/Nathan plot and wish they had actually gone there w/them. I like Amy and think it could have been a good story, esp. since Maxie acted like "big, fat" Amy could never steal away Nathan. Whatever! 

I just saw the Man Landers story as fluffy fun. I didn't mind it at all, and in fact, enjoyed it. LOL! 

I get that. For me, it wasn't that serious. For whatever reason, I just took the story for what it was and didn't think about it too much.

IIRC, RC was writing at the time, and I was a fan of his time on the show. I liked the balance he brought, and I liked that he focused on other characters and not just the same people all the time. Amy has always been a fun enough character for me. I don't hate her, so it was nice to see her in an actual plot for once. Plus, I did think she and Nathan sparkled, and I would not have objected to them hooking up! 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They kept the sex tape in the retcon, though, and if Maxie had been a mean girl, I'd think she'd just shrug it off—publicly, at least—rather than be so completely devastated. But whatever, they needed to give Amy an unnecessary (IMO) tie to the canvas.

I'd have enjoyed the Man Landers story had it stayed a fluffy summer story and not gotten into emotional blackmail and inexplicable medical expenses for a vet.

They should keep the sex tape in Maxie's backstory. I think it humanizes her that she wasn't Miss Popularity in high school. Maxie projects the  "Mean Girl" persona, and might have acted like a bitch, but when RR was playing the role, Maxie turned into a pariah in school when her asshole crush livestreamed their sexual encounter (and her first time) on the internet, and was probably slut shamed in school. When Zander Smith (Cameron's bio dad) was hiding out in Maxie's room after being framed by Jason, Courtney and Carly for shooting a cop, he asked why she didn't have a date, and it was revealed she wasn't asked (or even if she was asked, it was probably because some guy thought she was easy). In "Sex Education", Maeve was often called a "slag" or cock bitter by everyone, and she gives that bitchy attitude right back (thought the character doesn't care much for being popular). If Maxie is a "Mean Girl"), Amy strikes me as someone that could shame a girl person, if her behavior during the Nurses' Strike or manipulating Nathan for Man Landers are any indication. 

• Love 1
On 6/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, tvgoddess said:

Hard to say which took more focus - Sam's cleavage or Lulu's dress. 

Damn that Drew-posing-as-Jason for making her wear a gown to a formal event!  Damn HIM!!

There will never be a piece of clothing funnier than Lulu's "we have to hide ER's pregnancy" giant pink tent. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In all honesty, I don't remember much about the sex tape arc. I probably wasn't watching regularly at that time. 

That said, I agree that Amy didn't need to know Maxie from HS.  American soaps tend to do this a lot though - giving new characters ties to current main characters. I'm not sure why.  I often find it unnecessary. 

For me, the Man Landers story never moved past "summer fluff." I didn't see it as emotional blackmail. I think RC was just fleshing out the Amy character.  Man Landers was always just a really light, fun story to me that added some layers to Amy and set up a potential triangle.

But if one doesn't care for Amy or want to see more of her, then I can certainly understand why the story wouldn't have been appreciated. I totally get it.  

On 5/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, rur said:

Just finished watching today's NB rerun. In spite of a lot of the cheesiness, I think the one thing it pointed out was what a tremendous, underused talent Kathleen Gati is. She really is a tremendous, campy villain. I'd watch the heck out of a clip episode of her and her evil craziness, especially if she was singing.

"Doesn't everyone like 'The Sound of Music'"?  I literally laughed my ass off. She is a gem.

• Love 3

I don't think Maxie was exactly a "mean girl" in high school, but she wasn't exactly sweet.  She was pretty horrible sometimes, especially to Georgie.  RR was very good in the role, and she did good work making Maxie more vulnerable after the Maximum Maxie situation, but before that?  I remember not liking her that much most of the time.  I adored Georgie, and Maxie bothered the shit out of me.  And she was a little bitch to Mac sometimes.  Amy's memory of HS Maxie may just be magnified by time.  That can happen sometimes.

I like KS as Maxie quite a bit, and I love that bitchy, flighty, bit of her that has kept the character consistent since she started.  It's very much blunted down now after all the tragedy and growing up she's gone through, but it's still there.  And not in an in your face or smug way like Carly or JMB's Lulu could be (ER's Lulu too, honestly).

• Love 2

These repeats are horrible, they need to go back to old episodes like vintage Cassadine days, something. Take me back to when this soap was at its best. Like back to a time when people who are watching it today don't even recognize the characters, but they can sit around if they have enough brain cells and make a connection, cause someone is always related to and tied to someone from today's episodes. This Nurse's Ball marathon, is ugh. What a waste of  Corona Virus reruns. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, favoriteshows said:

These repeats are horrible, they need to go back to old episodes like vintage Cassadine days, something. Take me back to when this soap was at its best. Like back to a time when people who are watching it today don't even recognize the characters, but they can sit around if they have enough brain cells and make a connection, cause someone is always related to and tied to someone from today's episodes. This Nurse's Ball marathon, is ugh. What a waste of  Corona Virus reruns. 

It will never happen because it wasn't this regime that was in charge. And most people who don't already know will realize how bad GH has become.

• Love 5

Was today a continuation of Friday's? Because you know, this is the one where Robert PUNCHES Valentin in DA FACE!!!! Maybe not today's episode, but the same Ball; after Valentin's performance.

Yeah, that's the only thing I'm interested in, because I never did get my Robert and Robin scenes. I remember being so sick and tired of Anna's nonstop crying, and I certainly AM NOT interested in Jaysus saving the day.

Yes. As Valentin finishes his ode of love to Nina, they cut to Robin standing up and looking surprised, and then POW! A good moment.

There was a lot of Sam and Jason sneaking around and figuring out that Peter is Faison's son, as a Very Big Thing.  Two years later, it's completely fizzled.

That's the real problem for me with these flashbacks -- that these storylines at the time were heralded as huge deals and then it jumps ahead and we realize that they really were nothing after all.  It highlights the poor quality of the writing even more than it is noticeable otherwise.

The show would do better to do a week of episodes in a row so that the audience could get into the old storylines and maybe not be as reminded of how badly this show fails to follow through.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There was a lot of Sam and Jason sneaking around and figuring out that Peter is Faison's son, as a Very Big Thing.  Two years later, it's completely fizzled.

The show never followed through on Peter being Faison's son. It wasn't his fault! He never asked to be born! And then he wore a hair shirt for a while so people could keep telling him that. And then we had to sit through the ridiculousness that was Anna as his mother. And now he's a mushy good guy (within the show). Zzzzzz.

• LOL 4

On today's repeat, Chase sings "Something Just Like This" to Willow, making me hate even more their break-up for that stupid custody arc. On the plus side with repeats, I got to miss Sasha for almost two weeks. I really appreciate that seeing her here.

Until this season, Cameron is another character who was only on to prop Josslyn. That Oscar mourning went on endlessly for almost 2 years and Eden is not as good an actress as Kim McC was.

The fun Robert/Anna teasing is why you shouldn't tease a pairing with more chemistry than the one you're going to make endgame (Anna/Finn).

• Love 2

On today's General Hospital....

Nurses Ball 2019....otherwise known as the year of the llama. (which idiot in the writer's room thought that was a good idea) 

Shiloh's still alive and still douchey. Sam (and her "girls", I mean yowza with that dress) are pretending to date him, while JaSpin try to get info against Shiloh (and by try to get info, I mean Spinelli bangs on a bunch of computer keys for 5 minutes before putting listening devices in the DOD house which always seemed to be empty whenever the plot needed it to be). 

Ava's "dating" Kevin to get Ryan out of hiding.,

A confused Mike is "engaged" to Yvonne with Finn's engagement ring.  Finn tells Sonny to get it back.  (I always thought it was a terrible storyline to have an alzheimer's patient think he was married to another Alzheimer's patient, who was already married to someone else.  I thought that was the worst the story could get, but Sonny yelling at a near comatose Mike to remember things out-worsens that)

Oscar has recently died. Kristina has been extracted from the cult. Kristina keeps Josslyn company at home until she spots Sam with Shiloh at the ball.  Kristina heads to the ball to yell at people.(Love Lexi, but sometimes she only has two expressions, annoyed close to tears and slightly more annoyed and close to tears).   

Chase and Willow are super cute, because the show hasn't stupidly broken them up yet.   Sasha is still Nina's daughter and dating Michael.  

Robert mistakenly believes there's something between him and Anna.  She sets him straight.  Finn's engagement ring ends up at Anna's feet.  

• Love 3

Watching the NB shows from various years pointed out to me that too many people used it to propose. I hate these kinds of public proposals in general—it feels really manipulative. I really want someone to say "No way!" and leave the proposer looking foolish. Alas, that rarely happens.

30 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Oscar has recently died. 

Are you sure? It was hardly mentioned. /sarcasm

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are you sure? It was hardly mentioned. /sarcasm

Yeah, I had a hard time understanding why Joss was so morose, I mean, she's usually such a cheerful girl.  So I had to look up who Oscar was to remind myself.  Apparently he was the love of Joss' life and he died,.  Who knew.  

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate these kinds of public proposals in general—it feels really manipulative. I really want someone to say "No way!" and leave the proposer looking foolish. Alas, that rarely happens.

Yeah. The only one I can remember is the one from 2013, when Felicia said no to Frisco. I don't recall any proposals during the Good Nurses Balls. I watched the first and fourth yesterday, and they were sooo good. They MEANT something and real people who either lost someone to AIDS/HIV or had it, were shown and given respect. I'd totally forgotten about Lucky, Liz, Dara(sp?), Taggert's performance to Jailhouse Rock. The only thing that's changed about Rebecca Herbst is her eyebrows!

Alan, stoned to the point of passing out, dropping Robin; Ned saving the day; Tony, poor broken, bitter Tony, calling everyone out. Charming Jerry Jax! Performances that were adorable and not cringey. And while there were other story lines going on, it was on the fringes, and most of the Ball was about the, well, Ball. God, I miss so many of the cast who are no longer on this show were killed off at Guzasshole's whim.

• Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

On today's General Hospital....Nurses Ball 2019....

Robert mistakenly believes there's something between him and Anna.  She sets him straight.  Finn's engagement ring ends up at Anna's feet.  

IIRC, when that was actually occurring, Anna assumed that Robert wanted to reunite with her and gave him that lecture when he had not been planning  to propose to her at all. 

But I agree with @statsgirl that Robert/Anna is a more exciting match than Anna/Finn.  I'm afraid offscreen, allegedly dead Holly has been written in just to prevent an Anna/Robert rekindling.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, rur said:

I'm afraid offscreen, allegedly dead Holly has been written in just to prevent an Anna/Robert rekindling.

My thought was it was to prove to Delusional Anna and Maxie, that Heinrik is just as bad as his Fatha. And that Robert would find Holly didn't die, suss out what happened and who was behind it, and return to Port Charles with Holly.

Besides, Robert and Holly were the original Nick and Nora of this show before fake!scarredAnna showed up. And had they not ruined her character with all that nonsense that resulted in Ethan, blackmailing the doctors of General Hospital to sell them the cure for the Monkey Virus, I'd be chomping at the bit for a Robert and Holly Reunion.

*HE WISHES he was just as bad. Faison was one of a kind.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously. The "worst" thing Peter did was hold Jason captive for five years, and I can only applaud that and wish it had been longer.

• Love 4

I always get weird secondhand embarrassment at the NB opening numbers with Jackie Zeman.  I know I should applaud her for being a good sport, but I just cringe.

Also, I was reminded today how much I hated that whole Mike/Yvonne storyline. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I always get weird secondhand embarrassment at the NB opening numbers with Jackie Zeman.  I know I should applaud her for being a good sport, but I just cringe.

She probably participates because it's the only way she'll appear on the show. It's not as if Bobbie has any sort of story. She's barely supporting in stories that she'd logically support. (Like so many characters.)

2 hours ago, rur said:

I'm afraid offscreen, allegedly dead Holly has been written in just to prevent an Anna/Robert rekindling.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My thought was it was to prove to Delusional Anna and Maxie, that Heinrik is just as bad as his Fatha. And that Robert would find Holly didn't die, suss out what happened and who was behind it, and return to Port Charles with Holly.

Besides, Robert and Holly were the original Nick and Nora of this show before fake!scarredAnna showed up. And had they not ruined her character with all that nonsense that resulted in Ethan, blackmailing the doctors of General Hospital to sell them the cure for the Monkey Virus, I'd be chomping at the bit for a Robert and Holly Reunion.

Maybe I should have said "to let viewers know that Robert and Anna wouldn't get back together." I could definitely get behind Robert F! Scorpio getting the goods on Peter and, in a perfect soap world, sending him to prison for a long, indeterminate amount of time. 

I was pleased when Robert and Holly reunited long ago (when we saw the back of a faux Holly's head in a tub), but I agree that the idiots in charge ruined her.  

I also wish Finola would get a haircut, or a different hair style.  She looks so much better in the old NBs with shorter and/or fuller hairdos.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She probably participates because it's the only way she'll appear on the show. It's not as if Bobbie has any sort of story. She's barely supporting in stories that she'd logically support. (Like so many characters.)

yeah, that was my thought process--but I still cringe!

• Love 1

Peter apparently caused the plane crash which allegedly killed Drew too, which is a way worse crime than anything ever happening to Jason.  But, I don't think Drew is really dead anyway, so I don't think Peter is all that bad.  

Pfft, Drew. He's JasonLite, as far as the show is concerned, so whatever happened to him is no big deal.

(And I don't think he's really dead, either. He'll return eventually, I think, whether he's played by Billy Miller or a recast. The show can't resist bringing back "dead" characters.)

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, ouinason said:

so I don't think Peter is all that bad.  

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pfft, Drew. He's JasonLite, as far as the show is concerned, so whatever happened to him is no big deal.

(And I don't think he's really dead, either. He'll return eventually, I think, whether he's played by Billy Miller or a recast. The show can't resist bringing back "dead" characters.)

Do you mean, not all that bad as in, inept? Trying to be bad? Or that what he's done--that we know of, doesn't make him a bad person? Because he also hired a hitman to kill that one dude that was Sam's alibi in Shiloh's murder (not that I care about Sam, because I don't); he hired an assassin to kill Andre, and possibly Franco. Then ended up killing said assassin to cover his tracks. That he changed his mind about killing Andre is beside the point.

So, he is a bad guy, just sucks at trying to be Evil and bad/great as Faison. Please. I wonder if he really is Faison's spawn, he's so terrible at it. I can't take him seriously, with that nasally, sonorous sounding voice. Now Faison, was deliciously, scarily, EVUHL.

• Love 1