Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I wonder what Maddies cause will be since Amanda has Down Syndrome. Maddie has always been pretty vocal about her support for that community

I don't think their causes need to be unique (although their Instagram post suggests otherwise).  I'm pretty sure there were 2 in the past who did Alzheimer's in the same year.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

However there is zero proof that this even happened with the "feedback".  Negative comments about VK have been appearing on this site since Jan 2018 or so when VK was still a HS Senior before she first ever tried out. Again the "phone case" story is unproven and there is disagreement about the truth of that.  This board has been VK negative for over 2 years, all about a now 19 woman on a dance team. 

Victoria actually just turned 20 recently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I wonder what Maddies cause will be since Amanda has Down Syndrome. Maddie has always been pretty vocal about her support for that community

I'm guessing Maddie will continue to support the DS community with her "My Cause" boots.  I don't think they all have to choose a different cause.  I'm happy to see someone supporting SUDC this season. I don't think I've seen that one supported yet.  I love the My Boots My Cause campaign 🙂 It's one of my favorite parts of the season.

1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Have you ever met/owned a cat?  They do what they want lol.

that's the darn truth 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What I want to know is how did a cat get into an INDOOR stadium?

The black cat happened at Giants Stadium, likely part of a feral colony that lives there.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I'm guessing Maddie will continue to support the DS community with her "My Cause" boots.  I don't think they all have to choose a different cause.  I'm happy to see someone supporting SUDC this season. I don't think I've seen that one supported yet.  I love the My Boots My Cause campaign 🙂 It's one of my favorite parts of the season.

that's the darn truth 🙂 

SUDC is simply tragic and is truly "unexplained".  We do not know why some children go to sleep and never wake up. The human body is so complex and unique.  Having done peds care for 30+ years, it still daggers my heart to lose a child.  I remember each child and they have changed me as a care provider. 

• Love 13

Sorry I don't know how to copy/paste the exact posts, but someone asks VK if her thyroid condition went away once she made the team and VK does reply.  

BTW, can a nutritionist prescribe thyroid meds????

Edited by scorpio1031
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sorry I don't know how to copy/paste the exact posts, but someone asks VK if her thyroid condition went away once she made the team and VK does reply.  I'm posting it here since it is technically last season stuff.  

BTW, can a nutritionist prescribe thyroid meds????

She is SOFT!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’m waiting to see Verucas my cause. What to bet it’s cyber bullying because she was/is such a tragic victim of not being worshipped by everyone who has seen her. 

Probably so !! They are doing them by each group !! So group 1 and 2 today hopefully towmrow we will see group 3 and 4 towmrow 

6 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’m waiting to see Verucas my cause. What to bet it’s cyber bullying because she was/is such a tragic victim of not being worshipped by everyone who has seen her. 

That's what I was looking for when I was on her IG.  Then I saw the stuff that I posted about in the past seasons thread.  So, maybe her cause will be thyroid related???

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

A while ago.  Derek Hough had appendicitis last month, so before then.  And Gina was only injured the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Is that Erin top left behind Caroline's hand? Don't know why I always can't ID her

Pls remind me….was Gina injured during a rehearsal or game?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is that Erin top left behind Caroline's hand? Don't know why I always can't ID her

Pls remind me….was Gina injured during a rehearsal or game?

That’s Amy !! And Gina was injured during rehearsal for the watch party at the star for the pats and Dallas game 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, OhFFS said:

What a team player Caroline is!  Picking Amy's nose on one side and ready to catch Daphne's boob on the other!

Hahah Oh my gosh that’s great 😃

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2

RE VK and the thyroid meds...frankly I was surprised she answered the pointed tone of those messages. Any hoot, I suspect she’s tossing words out there without knowing the full story, or didn’t pay enough attention at the doctors office...I know I was certainly like that until I hit my late 20’s. She probably works with a practice that has a registered dietician on staff (that she’s calling a nutritionist bc most people don’t know the difference.) They would have done blood tests and her thyroid meds would have been described by the MD or NP or PA in the practice. 

I know this firsthand for myself, so assuming VK was in a similar scenario. If it’s not all just BS. But I honestly don’t doubt that she probably saw someone to rule out health reasons for weight gain last year. Most of us would rather hear it’s a treatable medical problem vs eating like crap that makes us gain weight. Lol. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, kalibean said:

RE VK and the thyroid meds...frankly I was surprised she answered the pointed tone of those messages.

She tends to reply to almost every post.  Personally, I wish she would be careful with that.  She's replied to one poster that we've discussed on this board as a problem.

45 minutes ago, kalibean said:

If it’s not all just BS.

I have a thyroid problem, so the fact that she just stopped taking meds and going to the nutritionist...…...you do have to wonder.  If it is true, I'm surprised that someone else didn't direct her to an endocrinologist or even her own primary care doctor.  Like Heather who was diagnosed last year with hypothyroidism.

• Love 6

Hmmm, interesting voting results at the bottom of the article!  Victoria and Meredith are tied for favorite rookie (Amanda not too far behind).  Maddie is overwhelmingly the favorite vet.

Sometimes I'm really surprised by how out of step I am with other DCC fans -- polar opposites in fact!  

To each her own makes the world go 'round ... or something like that. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Sometimes I'm really surprised by how out of step I am with other DCC fans -- polar opposites in fact!  

I voted for Kelcey: talent and a softer version of beautiful compared to their typical DCC glam. I couldn't believe how few votes she had!

30 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

The pics have good lighting and everyone looks good!  So far! 

Aren't they done in the DCC corridor? Pretty sure that's the route all the girls go to get to Kelli's office!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Oh, TK and VK have lead a “get out the vote” movement. 

• LOL 11
35 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

As I said before I'm not good with names.  Thanks for your response.

Don't feel bad, I do it all the time where I know who's who, I just don't know whose name belongs to who 🙂 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

These are all great causes!  My daughter endured bullying in middle school and high school, my sister, at the age of 48,  is a survivor of breast cancer (just finished her radiation treatments last week and got the all clear scan on her nodes), my aunt is a survivor of ovarian cancer and my great uncle passed on Christmas Day several years ago from complications of Parkinson's Disease.  So these are all causes near and dear to me 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 5