Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

I know we know Christina was retiring, but this comment has me dying! 😂😂😂😂 IDK why, but I just don’t like her.  Something seems fake or something and I’m glad she’s leaving 👍🏽👍🏽 (And sorry if this has been discussed, I haven’t been reading)

65D597B7-DF95-4E1C-B13E-06CB9CD99ECD.jpeg

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, KickPretty said:

I know we know Christina was retiring, but this comment has me dying! 😂😂😂😂 IDK why, but I just don’t like her.  Something seems fake or something and I’m glad she’s leaving 👍🏽👍🏽 (And sorry if this has been discussed, I haven’t been reading)

Why would anyone say that to her? She made the team, came back, and didn’t screw up on or off the field. Comments like this just shows someone’s petty ass. (Not you KickPretty, the person saying this to her.) People tend to forget there’s a human being behind the makeup and uniform. 

• Love 24
13 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Yeah, there is something kinda rude about how it comes off, even though she says best 3 years. I agree with you. 

12 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Why would anyone say that to her? She made the team, came back, and didn’t screw up on or off the field. Comments like this just shows someone’s petty ass. (Not you KickPretty, the person saying this to her.) People tend to forget there’s a human being behind the makeup and uniform. 

Granted I don’t dislike her, but I’m not a huge fan of Christina. But WOW, did you retire or did you get cut? Seriously. That’s harsh and totally rude. Why would you ask that, and especially to her? 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/21/2020 at 5:01 PM, KickPretty said:

People know I don't like Christina, but even I wouldn't say something like this to her.  It's just too rude and mean even for me.  If I was face-to-face with her and/or she asked me, I would certainly tell her how I feel about her, but I would make sure it was private and that she REALLY wanted my opinion.  Since she hasn't reached out and asked me, I'm not going to let tell her outright.  Besides, she probably already knows how a lot of people feel about her being on the team and that not everyone is pleased that she was on the squad for three years.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

People know I don't like Christina, but even I wouldn't say something like this to her.  It's just too rude and mean even for me.  

I agree.  Christina is retiring.  Let it go.  There's no need to be this level of rude. 

• Love 8

Eh, gotta remember there are young kids on social media (or people with the maturity level of young kids), as well as those with mental disabilities. My sister had a terminal illness and years before she passed away, she created a Facebook page with the intents of keeping our out of state family updated (she was waiting for a heart transplant at the time). It was just the easiest way as she was constantly getting bombarded with messages and she was trying to devote as much of her energy as possible to her husband and daughter. The page grew significantly over the years. When she passed away, there were over 300k following it. Despite her being an open book, and despite our family updating her last days and asking for prayers, we got messages very bluntly asking “did she die?” “How did she die?” We politely declined to answer since it was blatantly obviously how she died with only a glance on her page. The same person messaged 28 times in a 5 day period while we were trying to grieve and plan a funeral (my sister was sick, but her death was came unexpected). Some people just don’t have the ability to understand that it’s rude to ask those things. They could have simply asked Christina if she retired and it would have come across much better. But, I have to give credit...Christina has been my least favorite DCC in recent memory. I wasn’t a fan of her whiny excuses during her several TCC chances and got the impression she was lazy because she had an excuse for everything (I may be totally wrong about her and I hope I am, that’s just the impression I got from the show - if I ever met her in person, it would be without judgement and with an open mind and clean slate!). However, she didn’t seem bothered by the question. She answered it with a smile. Maybe she complained to a friend after, but she kept her game face on while answering and I totally give her credit for that. She could have ignored it completely. At least she acknowledged the person and killed them with kindness! She was the bigger person - kudos to her. 

• Love 15

Any news on calendar shoot? or did I fall asleep and miss it? just curious how they handle/handled it with the restrictions. Dallas is a really photogenic town, with lots of iconic sites, it'd be kinda cool to see the girls modeling in those places for a hometown pride kind of twist. Not the star- we see enough of that. I'm talking Los Colinas horses, downtown, stockyards, etc...

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

Any news on calendar shoot? or did I fall asleep and miss it? just curious how they handle/handled it with the restrictions. Dallas is a really photogenic town, with lots of iconic sites, it'd be kinda cool to see the girls modeling in those places for a hometown pride kind of twist. Not the star- we see enough of that. I'm talking Los Colinas horses, downtown, stockyards, etc...

They used pictures from there last shoot and did calendars 

• Love 3

There technically is no “current” team anymore, so this topic is closing. 

If a DCC is auditioning again, discussion of them goes in the spec topic. If they retired or otherwise, discussion of them should take place in the former DCC topic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2