Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

So who do we think I will retire?

My predictions: Amy, Lexie, Heather, Gina, Jalyn, Madeline, Miranda, Molly, Savannah, Tess. 

Hoping for Maddie, Christina. Gina, Jalyn and Heather out of self respect. Have some dignity and get out of dodge, girls. 

Mine are Amy Lexie heather Christina savannah Miranda Molly jayln 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

SmpIsimon was correct with their dual-point information, and I believe they also confirmed that it was Amy & Maddie long before the public knew. We shouldn't have any reason to doubt them. Sorry.

Well there was also this Kat and Meredith being alternates stuff that wasn’t completely true - not sure which insider said that, but it shows that this insider stuff is not always reliable.  And something a person can see visually (like who is dancing in what spot in repeated practices that involve 40+ people being present) is much easier to know about than an alleged theft of a phone case.   There could be dozens of explanations for whatever happened w/ this phone case - with VK stealing it being the least likely one IMO. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

There could be dozens of explanations for whatever happened w/ this phone case. 

Why do there need to be "dozens of explanations"? It either happened or it didn't. Sounds like a desperate attempt to save face at this point.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

Why do there need to be "dozens of explanations"? It either happened or it didn't. Sounds like a desperate attempt to save face at this point.

Maybe Gina gave her the case and certain people are just speculating it was stolen?  Isn’t Gina VK’s 2nd GL? - so VK is seriously going to steal her GL’s phone case and walk around w/ it?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 1
On 12/6/2019 at 8:42 PM, Tdoc72 said:

When has Kelli ever let anyone slide w/an 11lb weight gain?  Usually they are told they need to lose it ASAP or bounced out of camp. And while I don’t have proof, I would bet that no one got to gain 11 lbs before being called in for weight. They are weighed weekly, if not more often. Probably anything more than 2-3 lbs gets on Kelli’s radar quickly. 

Hannah got cut in season 9 over 8 pounds. Veronica, Nicole, Brittany and one other had to do my fit foods and all were under 11 pounds and I’m sure it was probably around 15 by the time she was released.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Hannah got cut in season 9 over 8 pounds. Veronica, Nicole, Brittany and one other had to do my fit foods and all were under 11 pounds and I’m sure it was probably around 15 by the time she was released.

I thought Veronica was more than 11.  I also think Paige and Selina were as well...Selina wasn't cut until the following season though.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

And how many TCC actually gained the weight DURING Training Camp?  Didn’t most gain before camp?  And ridden hard for less gained?  

• Love 9

Today (12/8) - many of the NFL clubs are doing the "my cause my cleats". The players auction off their cleats to their charity of choice. The story behind the reason for the charity(ies) always gets to me - I like that they NFL allows them to choose their charity and many players are very active in the design. Hearing our QB talk ( link ) about his premature twin boys and the joy of seeing them today - happy and thriving.

Several players designed the face of the person who has the illness that the charity supports.. ( link ) onto the shoe.very nice personal touch. 

Other stories: https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

I know the DCC does the same - with the star on their boot. Do they also auction off,  for their charity ? Is there a link somewhere where the DCC explain about their chosen cause ? Given that there were a plethora of sad stories during TC, I expect that there should be a good representation of causes for the boots.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I believe there was talk that many would not return this year if VK came back and tried out.   Well,  VK came back and yet hardly anyone retired (only long term vets, not 2nd, 3rd years, etc.) - smallest number of available slots in a long time.

I don’t think the other girls care about this VK stuff anywhere near as much as rumored.

Yes, there was talk.  However, they couldn't be sure she WOULD come back after the season before and they couldn't exactly turn around and walk out of Finals when they saw her.  They were committed by that point.

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Hasn’t it been confirmed that Ginas spot was open because she’s injured and needs surgery?

and FWIW I don’t believe this phone stuff for an instant - only way it makes any sense is if it’s a prank of some sort.

It HAS been confirmed and by Gina herself.  It's an ACL injury and she'll be missing the last 2 games, but she's also confirmed that she's coming back next year.

2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

So who do we think I will retire?

My predictions: Amy, Lexie, Heather, Gina, Jalyn, Madeline, Miranda, Molly, Savannah, Tess. 

Hoping for Maddie, Christina. Gina, Jalyn and Heather out of self respect. Have some dignity and get out of dodge, girls. 

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Mine are Amy Lexie heather Christina savannah Miranda Molly jayln 

If I'm remembering correctly, Amy, Heather, Lexie and at least one other girl (either Miranda or Molly) have confirmed that they were retiring.  Tess is supposedly on the fence and hasn't said one way or the other.  Gina is confirmed to be coming back and I think Maddie has confirmed to be coming back as well.  I think Jalyn will bolt for the door after this year and I'm hoping Christina leaves as well.  For exactly how many girls leave this year, I'm waiting to see what happens between now and auditions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, MyFavShows said:

Well there was also this Kat and Meredith being alternates stuff that wasn’t completely true - not sure which insider said that, but it shows that this insider stuff is not always reliable.  And something a person can see visually (like who is dancing in what spot in repeated practices that involve 40+ people being present) is much easier to know about than an alleged theft of a phone case.   There could be dozens of explanations for whatever happened w/ this phone case - with VK stealing it being the least likely one IMO. 

If I'm remembering correctly, those two have sat out the most games, while others have swapped in and out so it's true enough though I could be wrong.  The "alleged" theft has been confirmed.  It's the "dozens of explanations for whatever happened with the phone case" that defies explanation.  If there were dozens of explanations, we would have heard those others explanations LONG before now and more people coming out to say that it didn't happen. 

On 12/8/2019 at 11:03 AM, MyFavShows said:

Maybe Gina gave her the case and certain people are just speculating it was stolen?  Isn’t Gina VK’s 2nd GL? - so VK is seriously going to steal her GL’s phone case and walk around w/ it?

The only thing that HASN'T been confirmed about the phone case is WHOSE case it was.  If it truly WAS a gift to Victoria, then we would also have heard about it right around the time the story broke and we've heard absolutely NOTHING in her defense.  From ANYONE and the insiders would have said so if it wasn't true despite their personal feelings about Victoria.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, tteek74 said:

Everyone you mentioned has been at least a 2nd year veteran and Veronica was a 4th year, I think.  A lot of them have proven themselves as reliable, responsible veterans who were solid dancers.  The general consensus about Hannah was that she was focusing more on school than DCC (and that she'd let diet and exercise slide during that time) and that Kelli wasn't pleased with her response to a question when brought into the office. 

On 12/8/2019 at 11:21 AM, ByTor said:

I thought Veronica was more than 11.  I also think Paige and Selina were as well...Selina wasn't cut until the following season though.

Again, solid, responsible vets who weren't likely to be cut.  Selina SHOULDN'T have been cut, but I can see why she was if she'd been on weight warning the entire time she was on the squad and either maintained the weight (didn't lose the weight but didn't gain any) or gained more.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, Blue hues said:

And how many TCC actually gained the weight DURING Training Camp?  Didn’t most gain before camp?  And ridden hard for less gained?  

Liz Reuter was the first one that comes to mind (though she may have come in heavier than she wanted and it was more area-specific in that she sported a bit of a paunch rather than all over).  They loved her for her dancing but couldn't stand her weight.  They rode her hard for it and eventually cut her halfway through camp or sooner.  I seem to remember her not even making it halfway through Training Camp and they didn't even give her a chance to get to finals the next year.   There are likely others as well.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Johannah stayed 2 seasons. Not sure if you counted her but Brandi Kilby decided at the last minute not to audition again and went to the Laker Girls. 

I didn’t count her cause she left before Season 5. 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:02 PM, RileyJDR said:

My Seahawks announced their ProBowl cheerleader selection today. Wonder when the DCC will? 

Pats are sending a rookie to the probowl, former Pats cheerleader Alexandria, who made DCC & left, her sister is the rookie! help us all if Veruca sees this she'll whine until she's named PB cheerleader... 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

Christina needs to quit while she's ahead so she can reap the benefits of being a former cheerleader who left of her own volition and not cut.  You never see cut former cheerleaders at alumni events or walking in the Belk fashion show.  Girl, take your pinkie ring and run.  

This has me thinking, when was the last season they did this?

1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Wow! As someone who is willing to credit VK with all kinds of loathsome behavior even I thought the phone case rumor was a little far fetched. Pathetic on her part if it is really true.  

Maybe the phone case was just a warning and when Gina still did not accept an offer that was too good to refuse Don Kalinaone took out her knee. 

Note to VK: cannibals were wrong. Eating the heart of your enemy does not infuse you with their qualities.   Using Gina's phone case and dancing in her spot will not make you a fantastic dancer. Try taking some classes with someone who will be honest with you about your many technique flaws and then work (gasp!)  and practice (huh?)  to correct them. 

So, so, so over this year's squad. The Cowboys'  season seems to reflect the mess that is the DCC.  While I appreciate Gina's optimism about being good to go for auditions after surgery, not sure if I really want her to come back next season for more disrespect or just move on with her life.  I'll miss her - always TeamGina and GinaWasRobbed - but apparently the TBTB won't care.  

Second note to VK: I'm sure Santa will bring you ROTY this year, maybe if you ask nicely he'll bring you a phone case of your very own as well. 

You’re doing the Lawd’s work, Sis. Preach the truth. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If I'm remembering correctly, Amy, Heather, Lexie and at least one other girl (either Miranda or Molly) have confirmed that they were retiring.  Tess is supposedly on the fence and hasn't said one way or the other.  Gina is confirmed to be coming back and I think Maddie has confirmed to be coming back as well. 

I wonder if Meredith will try out again.  

10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if Meredith will try out again.  

If she does, I suspect she'll be cut.  She's always struck me as a one-and-done.  Most, if not all, of Kelli's girl crushes like Morgan, Breelan, gymnast Kat, and others made it one year and then got cut the next.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RockYou said:

Who can hardly tell Meredith and Molly apart

I'll admit that I'm kind of a sucker for Molly, but I do feel that her dancing would be a good enough difference maker for those watching. DCC fans of course. I totally agree if a casual was watching I'm not sure they would catch the difference. And of course I just like Molly better overall, so I'd like to think I could be able to tell them apart ;).

• Love 2
On 12/5/2019 at 5:52 PM, Jazzmom said:

Not at all...they focused on her expecting VK to know the process and that she was as good as K said.  VK went spiraling out of control in front of the cameras...too bad they didn’t get her on film yapping about herself.  She is a legend in her own mind.  I find her to be garish.  I’m sure CMT loved the drama.  I can’t speak on any redemption as I didn’t watch the show this season, but a leopard doesn’t change spots that easily.  

Erin is stunning!  Erin has grace and poise.  Erin would be a great point. 

Yes she would!! (Erin)

• Love 6
On 12/7/2019 at 3:33 PM, Lona said:

Let's get real. Is there really ANY indication Maddie is retiring. I would be shocked if she retires this season or even the next. I think we may have to get used to a Maddie point for the foreseeable future. For better or for worse ...

There are quite a few girls that will probably never get to showcase their talents in the coming years because of how the triangle was formulated this year. And I agree, I don't see Kelli demoting Maddie. Seniority, with talent/looks, and being a hard working team player use to be the standard of point and dancers in the front. Jayln would be fantastic...sexy, beautiful, great body, and has the 'it' quality.

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, fawn said:

There are quite a few girls that will probably never get to showcase their talents in the coming years because of how the triangle was formulated this year.

And it's the "how" that gets me, not necessarily the "who," though I will admit I had my favorites other than Maddie.

You give it too Amy and it's "hey, that's cool. Amy's been here awhile and she's a pretty good team player. Why not?" And then you get to Maddie and I think "Oh ... well, okay. Maybe Heather would've been more to my liking, but Maddie's also been here awhile, and she's also a pretty good team player. Why not?" But then you get to the announcement that it's both of them and they get to share point, and that's where I start to feel a bit "meh" about the whole thing. It makes me think TPTB are too in love with the idea of seniority/team player and don't wanna look outside their list of already-picked candidates for point.

Kind of frustrating to be honest.

• Love 6
On 12/7/2019 at 9:37 PM, CrazyMoon said:

I see all the pictures here & on FB...Victoria isn't front & center like she pushed her way there in any of them....she's in the center in some, not in others...same with everyone else. It's really hard to be objective when you (editorial, not personal you) really don't like someone. Your eye goes directly to what irritates you (again, editorial you).

Objectivity is very hard to achieve.

After seeing Victoria, whom I do not dislike, show up in the middle of too many pictures to be a coincidence, one cannot ‘un-see’ it.

Considering everything that is going on, with Jalyngate, Gina Ligi’s injury, Phonegate and the repercussions of this on the team, next season promises to be very interesting! I can’t wait to see what happens!

I also can’t wait to see my favourites back in action:

• Jalyn
  • Amanda
  • Alanna
  • Erin
  • Caroline
  • Kelcey
  • Miranda
  • Kristin
  • Bridget
Edited by Pau84
I forgot Bridget! How is this possible! I must be sick!
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, TB12 said:

Pats are sending a rookie to the probowl, former Pats cheerleader Alexandria, who made DCC & left, her sister is the rookie! help us all if Veruca sees this she'll whine until she's named PB cheerleader... 

I think the Pats have done this before, and the Eagles have, along with a few other teams.  TBH, it is usually when a team is feeling confident they will be making a long playoff run and possibly a SB appearance.  The send a rookie to PB if they have a real stand-out, and then use seniority for the SB because they can’t send everyone.

PBC is kind of a joke when compared to getting to do the SB, and this gives the squad going to SB time to prep and travel — the truth just is Dallas is usually not in a position to have to make that consideration.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I think the Pats have done this before, and the Eagles have, along with a few other teams.  TBH, it is usually when a team is feeling confident they will be making a long playoff run and possibly a SB appearance.  The send a rookie to PB if they have a real stand-out, and then use seniority for the SB because they can’t send everyone.

PBC is kind of a joke when compared to getting to do the SB, and this gives the squad going to SB time to prep and travel — the truth just is Dallas is usually not in a position to have to make that consideration.

When the Broncos went to the Super Bowl, IIRC, our entire cheerleader squad went. But then again, the DBC only has 26 cheerleaders compared to other teams with larger squads.

I hope Heather gets PB this year. It will be interesting to see who goes.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Wow! As someone who is willing to credit VK with all kinds of loathsome behavior even I thought the phone case rumor was a little far fetched. Pathetic on her part if it is really true.  

Maybe the phone case was just a warning and when Gina still did not accept an offer that was too good to refuse Don Kalinaone took out her knee. 

Note to VK: cannibals were wrong. Eating the heart of your enemy does not infuse you with their qualities.   Using Gina's phone case and dancing in her spot will not make you a fantastic dancer. Try taking some classes with someone who will be honest with you about your many technique flaws and then work (gasp!)  and practice (huh?)  to correct them. 

So, so, so over this year's squad. The Cowboys'  season seems to reflect the mess that is the DCC.  While I appreciate Gina's optimism about being good to go for auditions after surgery, not sure if I really want her to come back next season for more disrespect or just move on with her life.  I'll miss her - always TeamGina and GinaWasRobbed - but apparently the TBTB won't care.  

Second note to VK: I'm sure Santa will bring you ROTY this year, maybe if you ask nicely he'll bring you a phone case of your very own as well. 

image.png.a4ffe6cda18f85102ac8f5f83de7e579.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

If you scroll a few in (I tried to copy in the right spot but it just defaults to the main pic) - I know Rachel W is beautiful, but there’s just something in the way she photographs that is so off. All the perfect features are there, but it doesn’t click. I’ve felt that way in the last few times she’s been featured. She lacks joy behind the eyes or something, I can’t put my finger on it. Hopefully she’s happier than she comes across! 

Also the player #73 is adorably Santa-like. Lol. Sweet smile and a full beard! 

Edited by kalibean
ETA: please free Kat from that terrible color on her expensive wig!
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Edited 15 minutes ago by kalibean · Reason: ETA: please free Kat from that terrible color on her expensive wig!

Yes!!  If they can find a color for Milan on her social media account, then they can do the same for Kat:)

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, kalibean said:

If you scroll a few in (I tried to copy in the right spot but it just defaults to the main pic) - I know Rachel W is beautiful, but there’s just something in the way she photographs that is so off. All the perfect features are there, but it doesn’t click. I’ve felt that way in the last few times she’s been featured. She lacks joy behind the eyes or something, I can’t put my finger on it. Hopefully she’s happier than she comes across! 

Also the player #73 is adorably Santa-like. Lol. Sweet smile and a full beard! 

Number 73 is joe looney 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Kat is beautiful but I do not like what they have done to her wigs. 😞 I have a soft place in my heart for visits to children's hospitals, especially at the holidays, so I'll forgive the wig 🙂  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone think that if Amy, Heather, and Maddie retire this year that Caroline could be point!? 🤞🏼I was hoping so bad it would happen after KaShara recommended her.  

I think she or Bridget could be contenders 🙂 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone think that if Amy, Heather, and Maddie retire this year that Caroline could be point!? 🤞🏼I was hoping so bad it would happen after KaShara recommended her.  

Everybody recommends Caroline!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Caroline, Bridget, Amber, Rachel W would be my first choice for Diamond. Hannah and Jalyn on the edges. Sorry Gina. 

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

It's never the person I want it to be so it's best I don't mess up ya'll's dream by commenting.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

It's never the person I want it to be so it's best I don't mess up ya'll's dream by commenting.

Same, as evidenced by point the two seasons prior to this one 🤣 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Caroline, Bridget, Amber, Rachel W would be my first choice for Diamond. Hannah and Jalyn on the edges. Sorry Gina. 

No blondes in the triangle? Don't forget about the DCC version of diversity! I think Ashlee will move nearer the front.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

No blondes in the triangle? Don't forget about the DCC version of diversity! I think Ashlee will move nearer the front.

I don’t think Ashlee has as much showmanship as those other girls. If she’s moved up it will be for diversity. Pathetic that they can’t find anyone on par with Nicole H, Jackie, Crystal, Jacie, etc. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Don’t forget to make room for VK up front for the upcoming years!  Also, did she go on any or all of the holiday appearances?  Would love to see pics of her engaging with fans!  Or with cute football players!  🙂

• Love 1
On 12/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, EricaShadows said:

If I'm remembering correctly, those two have sat out the most games, while others have swapped in and out so it's true enough though I could be wrong.  The "alleged" theft has been confirmed.  It's the "dozens of explanations for whatever happened with the phone case" that defies explanation.  If there were dozens of explanations, we would have heard those others explanations LONG before now and more people coming out to say that it didn't happen. 

The only thing that HASN'T been confirmed about the phone case is WHOSE case it was.  If it truly WAS a gift to Victoria, then we would also have heard about it right around the time the story broke and we've heard absolutely NOTHING in her defense.  From ANYONE and the insiders would have said so if it wasn't true despite their personal feelings about Victoria.

Everyone you mentioned has been at least a 2nd year veteran and Veronica was a 4th year, I think.  A lot of them have proven themselves as reliable, responsible veterans who were solid dancers.  The general consensus about Hannah was that she was focusing more on school than DCC (and that she'd let diet and nutrition slide during that time) and that Kelli wasn't pleased with her response to a question when brought into the office. 

Again, solid, responsible vets who weren't likely to be cut.  Selina SHOULDN'T have been cut, but I can see why she was if she'd been on weight warning the entire time she was on the squad and either maintained the weight (didn't lose the weight but didn't gain any) or gained more.

Liz Reuter was the first one that comes to mind (though she may have come in heavier than she wanted and it was more area-specific in that she sported a bit of a paunch rather than all over).  They loved her for her dancing but couldn't stand her weight.  They rode her hard for it and eventually cut her halfway through camp or sooner.  I seem to remember her not even making it halfway through Training Camp and they didn't even give her a chance to get to finals the next year.   There are likely others as well.

I am a new poster and requested privileges to respond to the VK phone case speculation.  My sources (which have not allowed me to post before) are very upset about the rumors about the phone case on the board.  I have been told by sources I trust that the entire "VK stealing a phone case" is made up, false and hurtful.  This is the first time my source has given me permission to post because of how upset the entire team is about these false rumors.  Per my sources the Team is doing well and supporting each other and many posts on this board are upsetting to the Team members. Thanks. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Don’t forget to make room for VK up front for the upcoming years!  Also, did she go on any or all of the holiday appearances?  Would love to see pics of her engaging with fans!  Or with cute football players!  🙂

She did go the only pictures I have seen is from the bus there and in front of the hospital with the other girls in her group that went to particular hospital none of her actually interacting with the kids 

Edited by Holly85