Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, VentiMocha said:

Oh, I see like the vets piss on those spots like a dog and mark them🤣. Maybe times are a-changing. 

Probably so but i mean maybe they tried out or the spot and she outshined a lot of the ladies for that spot !! Maybe Gina picked her for her replacement 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Probably so but i mean maybe they tried out or the spot and she outshined a lot of the ladies for that spot 

Maybe Kelcey and Amanda will move up too. The world isn’t going to end. I can see that happening. 

1 minute ago, VentiMocha said:

Maybe Kelcey and Amanda will move up too. The world isn’t going to end. I can see that happening. 

I know it doesn’t end just like people think the world ends if they don’t make sg or gls 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, VentiMocha said:

That was so last season. And, of course, obsessed over and over and over ad nauseum. Many ladies on the squad past and present have also shared in her struggle. 

When has Kelli ever let anyone slide w/an 11lb weight gain?  Usually they are told they need to lose it ASAP or bounced out of camp. And while I don’t have proof, I would bet that no one got to gain 11 lbs before being called in for weight. They are weighed weekly, if not more often. Probably anything more than 2-3 lbs gets on Kelli’s radar quickly. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Dnst1973 said:

Screw point 🤣by next year she will be replacing Kelli. 😂🤪

Well, as poorly as Kelli has been doing the job the last couple of years, VK would have to go pretty far to be worse.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

When has Kelli ever let anyone slide w/an 11lb weight gain?  Usually they are told they need to lose it ASAP or bounced out of camp. And while I don’t have proof, I would bet that no one got to gain 11 lbs before being called in for weight. They are weighed weekly, if not more often. Probably anything more than 2-3 lbs gets on Kelli’s radar quickly. 

In years past, several vets had come back with significant weight gain. Kelli had made allowances for many vets to get on a nutrition plan and time to get it off. I can look back and give several examples but not at this moment. Cleaning my house and on a coffee break. 

Edited by VentiMocha
Typing too fast...
43 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Can you imagine if they got a new director who actually picked the top 36 dancers immediately to form the final squad?  Who didn't play favorites?  Who actually made the best decisions for the organization and not CMT?  Who didn't force her little obsessions on the squad?  I know.....crazy talk!

#KelliFInglassSoldOutTheDCC

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe bc she is a rookie and over stepped a lot of vets 

Well, she’s better than a lot of the vets so maybe that is why.  People sometimes don’t have problems when lesser-tenured superstar dancers jumpsover vets, but in this case I guess most just don’t see VK that way.   I always have viewed her dancing as top 20% on the squad though, and her looks/performance appeal make her a top candidate for a visible postion in the formation - none of this is a surprise or concern to me.

They need more girls like her in the front IMO - after this Maddie and Amy point stuff the brand is really hurting for some glamour.  They are really lucky VK can actually dance to go along w/ her looks.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Well, she’s better than a lot of the vets so maybe that is why.  People sometimes don’t have problems when lesser-tenured superstar dancers jumpsover vets, but in this case I guess most just don’t see VK that way.   I always have viewed her dancing as top 20% on the squad though, and her looks/performance appeal make her a top candidate for a visible postion in the formation - none of this is a surprise or concern to me.

They need more girls like her in the front IMO - after this Maddie and Amy point stuff the brand is really hurting for some glamour.  They are really lucky VK can actually dance to go along w/ her looks.

VK is the iconic, glamorous look that should be showcased. I agree 100%. Many don’t see it this way. Don’t believe seniority should be weighed so heavily in position placements. 

Edited by VentiMocha
Duplicate agreement
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

There is always a reason for everything for sure lol 

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Well, she’s better than a lot of the vets so maybe that is why.  

VK has trained her whole life for this!  She is the best and the haters shouldn’t watch her. Her fan base went from 30k to 34k in one week!  Watch her get 50k by end of 2019!!!  50k 4 VK!!!!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

So anyway.... I’m curious as to what Meredith is doing for the Christmas show at The Star. There are multiple costume changes, dances, and moving pieces. I can’t see her doing well at all. I know after opening weekend they use less girls, and show group did the main dances on stage last year. Curious as to where/how much she dances. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

They could've just used one middle finger emoji with this post. Same meaning.Untitled.thumb.jpg.22061a174b51bd1aa1fed85b53ab8ec4.jpg

Is that shadow - or the top of their hose - that's visible above the belt? Never noticed that before. Also, I'm surprised they posted this pic. It's not the most flattering for any of them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCdreams said:

VK has trained her whole life for this!  She is the best and the haters shouldn’t watch her. Her fan base went from 30k to 34k in one week!  Watch her get 50k by end of 2019!!!  50k 4 VK!!!!

First of all, training her whole life for this is still sad.  It will end one day and then what?

Second, how are other rookies expected to gain fans or even get their names out there when the DCC and MTT social media accounts treat them like they don’t exist?

• Love 21
18 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I liked Caroline as a rookie but she's certainly one of those whose blossomed in her second, like many of them have from her rookie season. The second-years is one of the strongest crop they've had in years. I could see many of them as point in future. They look like they have a real bond as a smaller group too. 

I think their rookie season, you're just trying not to screw up and fit in with the squad. In year 2, if you can get past auditions, you can just enjoy TC and relax a little more. Yes, I know you can still get cut but dance is always much more enjoyable to watch if the dancer looks like they're enjoying it too! 

Well, if Maddie doesn’t retire this year, we can kiss our dreams to see any current 2 year vet at point goodbye. Maddie won’t be demoted and then VK will be point from her 3rd year until probably year 9-10 when she retires.

14 hours ago, Little Eden said:

Well, her 11 pound weight gain in training camp certainly was legendary, I’ll give her that.

I’m dead!

14 hours ago, VentiMocha said:

Her dancing in Gina’s spot is epic and legendary🔥🔥🔥 she is young eat clean 1 week that weight falls off... uh to be a teenager;)

Riight... strange though how she couldn’t lose it in 10 weeks...

11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Lesser-tenured NEVER means rookie. Rookies were always treated as second class citizens and in fact, it was quite scandalous that Holly got a prominent spot in the hip hop routine her rookie season. And it was just for 8 counts, not the whole performance.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

First of all, training her whole life for this is still sad.  It will end one day and then what?

Second, how are other rookies expected to gain fans or even get their names out there when the DCC and MTT social media accounts treat them like they don’t exist?

She will marry rich! Best career choice ever!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well, if Maddie doesn’t retire this year, we can kiss our dreams to see any current 2 year vet at point goodbye.

Let's get real. Is there really ANY indication Maddie is retiring. I would be shocked if she retires this season or even the next. I think we may have to get used to a Maddie point for the foreseeable future. For better or for worse ...

• Love 4
On 12/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, Pau84 said:

It sounds really weird, wanting to be at the center of every picture, but if you would take the effort to check the pictures that are out there, you would notice it! I am not basing my hypothesis on just one picture, that would be laughable. 

I see all the pictures here & on FB...Victoria isn't front & center like she pushed her way there in any of them....she's in the center in some, not in others...same with everyone else. It's really hard to be objective when you (editorial, not personal you) really don't like someone. Your eye goes directly to what irritates you (again, editorial you).

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Lona said:

Let's get real. Is there really ANY indication Maddie is retiring. I would be shocked if she retires this season or even the next. I think we may have to get used to a Maddie point for the foreseeable future. For better or for worse ...

Well, I wasn’t happy with Maddie at point but if there’s a way to keep ms. Beautiful storm away from point, i’m happy to sponsor Maddie’s 10 years tenure on the team!

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, I have confirmed that the story about VK and the phone case is true.  I'm no fan of VK, but even I thought her better than that.  The girls are very angry with her and with Kelli for not doing anything about it, but of course, they all have to act like they LOVE VK so as to not have their positions on the team put in jeopardy.  

Do you know whose case it was ? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, I have confirmed that the story about VK and the phone case is true.  I'm no fan of VK, but even I thought her better than that.  The girls are very angry with her and with Kelli for not doing anything about it, but of course, they all have to act like they LOVE VK so as to not have their positions on the team put in jeopardy.  

WTH Kelli? Every training camp the, "is she a team player?" has just been high kicked out the door. The, "is she toxic?" All of that has been bull. That's what angers me, a long time viewer. I didn't watch this last season bc I wouldn't watch the, let's rehab Victoria's rep show. If you're going to show blatant favoritism then at least own it. Stop insulting my intelligence and long time viewership trying to make the new, improved Victoria happen. Very few can change that much in one year. And she had a lot of changing to do. Learning how to be humble would have been a great starting point. If I were any of the other girl's, I'd leave at the end of the season. No one needs this much toxicity in their lives. Plus the intense pressures to stay rail thin, the "yes mam's," and the rigid rules? 

Adding, Vic's 11lb weight gain in TC from 2 seasons ago? Sure other veterans have returned with additional weight, one was released from camp, others given time to take it off. They were veterans, not TC's. Any TC would have been cut a lot sooner than Victoria was. And no, I don't think she should have made SG. She still had to prove herself, maturity wise and Kelli does hold a grudge. I've seen it, many times in previous season's. She would have held that grudge towards any other TC candidate. Kelli has ruined her reputation, with me, by all of this. I'm just one viewer but can't make fetch happen with me. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
  • Love 24
17 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I have heard that it was Gina's - but that part is the unbelievable part to me.

So is that the real reason she got Gina’s spot?  Teach Gina a lesson for “tattling”?  Cause I can see Kelli being that bitchy.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well, if Maddie doesn’t retire this year, we can kiss our dreams to see any current 2 year vet at point goodbye. Maddie won’t be demoted and then VK will be point from her 3rd year until probably year 9-10 when she retires.

This is such a depressing thought. The second years are so talented, and I will be incredibly disappointed if one of them never makes point.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Lona said:

I believe she confirmed she would be at least back next year and agreed let Maddie be point forever if it keeps VK out...the stealing is the end for me. I did find her talented but damn that’s just beyond inexcusable 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So is that the real reason she got Gina’s spot?  Teach Gina a lesson for “tattling”?  Cause I can see Kelli being that bitchy.

Not everything is a VK conspiracy.  Gina is injured and requires surgery, she said so herself.  And no I hardly think VK has anything to do with said injury. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, ABC1234567 said:

Not everything is a VK conspiracy.  Gina is injured and requires surgery, she said so herself.  And no I hardly think VK has anything to do with said injury. 

Never said she was responsible

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She may be better then Christina and many of the rookies, but there are VERY few vets that she outperforms.  The second-year girls frankly make her look like a rank amateur dancer and the upper vets have a lot of qualities that Victoria would be well-advised to emulate (the second-year vets have more than a few things to teach her as well).  In the looks department, again, nothing special, just another pretty face with very little to back it up.  If she was an intelligent girl, we'd know about it by now.  Instead, I think she's clever, the sneaky-backstabbing type of clever that has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with figuring out the best way to get what she wants with the least amount of work.  

Of the rookies, there ARE no "super-star" dancers.  The girl who comes closest is Amanda, followed by Chandi.  Caroline, Bridget, and Jalyn lead the 2nd year girls, but that whole group is strong whereas the newest crop has only 4 girls that are strong, a few that are average, and several that are VERY weak and probably shouldn't be on the squad. 

I'm still amazed that Brianna Arredondo isn't wearing the uniform (and possibly going into her 2nd year).  She's gorgeous, a great dancer and has a rocking body.  She would KILL the choreography and is both sexy and girl-next-door.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, I have confirmed that the story about VK and the phone case is NOT true and a false rumor made up by a poster here. Per my sources, the locker room is a positive environment, the ladies all get along well and are enjoying the season.  I followed up with my sources tonight.  I have not posted before however this false accusation is over the top and again FALSE! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
44 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

If VK is a toxic, thieving, bratty, entitled snot, they don't care. She's one of their own and they're gonna take care of her. 

Waiting for the mass exodus that is going to happen at the end of this season.  Would not surprise me if TPTB have a good handle on who's staying/going already and have told the girls to keep a lid on it on SM until Auditions and it's clear who's returning and who's not.

Someone pls remind me:  What is the largest number of retiring vets since the beginning of MTT (not including those cut at finals or released in TC).

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
can't spell
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wanted to be wrong about the phone!!!! Has anyone previously been caught stealing and what was the outcome? 

This has to be killing morale. It’s disgraceful and disgusting 😤 I’ve said it before: I’m worried for the girls. Most of them have worked their asses off to be there. And to have to watch this shit go on right in front of their face...

#phonegate

Edited by Dnst1973
Grammar
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Waiting for the mass exodus that is going to happen at the end of this season.  Would not surprise me if TPTB have a good handle on who's staying/going already and have told the girls to keep a lid on it on SM until Auditions and it's clear who's returning and who's not.

Someone pls remind me:  What is the largest number of retiring vets since the beginning of MTT (not including those cut at finals or released in TC).

16 vets at the end of season 5 - I think that's the most.  And it was 15 retiring, and then Johannah Liad found out she was pregnant before auditions

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

16 vets at the end of season 5 - I think that's the most.  And it was 15 retiring, and then Johannah Liad found out she was pregnant before auditions

I had forgotten about Joannah! Does anyone remember what she had?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm not sure who needs to grow a pair more: TPTB and Benedict Finglass or the entire squad.

Please keep us posted on a possible mass retirement among rookies/veterans. This is no different than staying with an abusive partner. It's not worth it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TennInTexas said:

My two cents regarding the VK mess:

She looks good in the uniform and dances as good as the next girl, but by no means is she prettier or stronger than the next either. Frankly, she should be. She's been groomed for it for 20 years.... Sure, she came back better this year, she should have. But she shouldn't have needed to come back, not after the then 18 years of prepping for auditions. Did she come back strong enough to earn her spot this year, regardless of last name? Maybe. But the fact is, her last name DOES matter. 

For most of us, her being a legacy means little. But then I'd say most of us are folks who have worked our asses off for everything we've ever achieved, with a last name that garnered little and were probably raised with zero expectation that the world owed us a darn thing. However, in the Jones' world, name is everything. Take a look from the top down of that organization and see how closely that management roster resembles their family tree. How many kids/grandkids are employed there? Do you think Sam or Charlotte's daughter (name?) had to "apply" for their respective position? And if they did apply, do you think for one second they were the best candidate against say, a dozen others?  Nepotism is what they do! Hell, its probably in the Mission/Vision/Values statement on the damn boardroom wall (that's a joke. sorta.) 

So it comes as no surprise to me that VK is a gracious recipient of what will be loads of favoritism and I'm betting that we've only begun to see the tip of the iceberg. She was literally born to be a DCC. That's always been the plan, and no- there didn't need to be a plan B. I'd bet that VK will be 2GL possibly as soon as next season (if there's a mass exodus, then TPTB won't even have to pretend she earned it!) She's gonna be at the front of the squad photo next year, she's eventually gonna retire a 5-7(maybe 8 for the record?) year vet, with point, GL, SG, PB, ROTY, VOTY and who knows what else on her resume. Upon retirement, I'd expect nothing less than a job within DCC and I'd even bet she ends up director some day. It's the way the Jones organization works. She won't get all that from being the best/prettiest/strongest, it's coming to her because she's family and there's nothing they love more than family. She's on the inside. With no other heir apparent to DCC, it's hers to lose. Sure, we're all on here, quoting Kelli and her idea of world class, and how we believe this is all a huge disgrace to the squad (and it is, IMO) but that doesn't matter. THEY still believe what they're telling themselves. If VK is a toxic, thieving, bratty, entitled snot, they don't care. She's one of their own and they're gonna take care of her. 

It's all Kelli and Tina. Do they really take care of their "own?" They sure made an example out of Dayton.  It's all bullshit. Exaggerating about how many girls actually tryout, etc. No talented dancer wants this.  DCC is a stepping stone (don't admit it, though)  to lifetime teeth whitening, Tangerine blowouts, and marriage to a  J. Howard Marshall type. You know why Milan et al.  wasn't a favorite - because she KNEW she was better than this and wanted something more for herself. .

• Love 23
11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

There are no words ...

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Why do they care about putting their positions on the team in jeopardy if there will be a lot of them retiring after this year, like you said?

1 hour ago, DaphJin said:

Why do they care about putting their positions on the team in jeopardy if there will be a lot of them retiring after this year, like you said?

Their contracts run through May regardless if they are retiring or not.  Their current positions could become uncomfortable - maybe not sent out on appearances, referred to as “toxic”, lack of opportunities, etc.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Their contracts run through May regardless if they are retiring or not.  Their current positions could become uncomfortable - maybe not sent out on appearances, referred to as “toxic”, lack of opportunities, etc.  

The best thing for any of our favorites would be to play 'good little soldier' until May and then don't re-audition. You keep up good faith with Benedict Finglass and you don't lose opportunities in or out of DCCLand. As I said before, this is no different than being with an abusive partner. I hope that there are enough ladies who see it as that.

Edited by IllegitimateDCC
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Johannah stayed 2 seasons. Not sure if you counted her but Brandi Kilby decided at the last minute not to audition again and went to the Laker Girls. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I believe there was talk that many would not return this year if VK came back and tried out.   Well,  VK came back and yet hardly anyone retired (only long term vets, not 2nd, 3rd years, etc.) - smallest number of available slots in a long time.

I don’t think the other girls care about this VK stuff anywhere near as much as rumored.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Hasn’t it been confirmed that Ginas spot was open because she’s injured and needs surgery?

and FWIW I don’t believe this phone stuff for an instant - only way it makes any sense is if it’s a prank of some sort.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4