Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
charappleby

Current Team Updates and Social Media

Recommended Posts

Quote

They have posted many videos where someone screws up.  It's going to happen - part of a live performance.  But they usually don't pull them.  The DCC MTT account has started to post video clips from thru the years featuring the girls saying/doing things they would rather just forget about.  I mean, in the grand scheme of things, VK doing her hair flip early isn't horrible, but yet they pull the clip anyway.  But let's leave up the one where Kaitlyn LeGrand misses a practice.  Or a girl has a meltdown.  

I agree with the essence of your post and am not quibbling with you -- I just gotta say that on VK's part this goes beyond a mere hair flip. This early pop up falls fully into cuckoo, cuckoo territory while the rest of the team is still waiting for the hour to strike.  

528895051_HiVKfurthercropped.thumb.jpeg.2832cca685cffb140f184c37088e42ef.jpeg

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I agree with the essence of your post and am not quibbling with you -- I just gotta say that on VK's part this goes beyond a mere hair flip. This early pop up falls fully into cuckoo, cuckoo territory while the rest of the team is still waiting for the hour to strike.  

528895051_HiVKfurthercropped.thumb.jpeg.2832cca685cffb140f184c37088e42ef.jpeg

What is wrong with me that I’m not seeing Veruca mess up? I have no doubt she does I want to see it too!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, TB12 said:

What is wrong with me that I’m not seeing Veruca mess up? I have no doubt she does I want to see it too!

Look at the very front of the triangle, where Amy is. Then count over to the left 1, 2, 3. That is VK, popping up before everyone else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DAthene said:

Oh, get back, Loretta. 
 

I'm probably one of the few here old enough to know where you got that from. LOVE IT!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Spooky said:

I would be mortified if that happened to me; there was no hiding that mistake.  

Loved Bridget at point in part of the Christmas song triangle...please let her stay another year!  

YES YES YES! Bridget looked stunning!

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

What is wrong with me that I’m not seeing Veruca mess up? I have no doubt she does I want to see it too!

It's blurry, but the red arrows point to her face (not her hair.)  Or look at go4Luca 's post towards the bottom of page 11 and watch the clip @ 14 second mark of the 16 second clip. 

1431203748_InkedHiVKfurthercropped_LI.thumb.jpg.d4c500d17fbf8986907ec69773bc28a4.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can’t recall if it was mentioned or answered in the past. But do the girls get to keep their custom My Cause My Boots? It seems like it would be kind of a waste to only wear them for one game after all the work Lucchese puts into them. Just my two cents...

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Vic's mess up is still currently up on Twitter.  

If that disappears, follow the link below.

https://i.imgur.com/tiRrZqJ.mp4

I agree that the social media people should not have posted this. Yes in the grand scheme of life this mess up is trivial. But it was very clearly an early pop - not just a minor flip. She was also off balance and kind of looking around going into her bend over. To her credit - she didn't stand all the way up once she realized she popped too early. 

I hope she doesn't obsess about this. Everyone does make mistakes and it's not fair to rub it in her face. It is fair - to rub it in Judy and Kelli's face. VK shouldn't have been in that position in the first place unless she was a rock solid seasoned pro. Let's remember, she doesn't have any team dance experience.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree that the social media people should not have posted this.

They shouldn't have pulled it either.  Now people are talking about that as well.  Another wise decision from K&J, I'm sure.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is probably one of the better action shots of Bridget.

She has definitely stepped up the glam game this year. definitely has star potential if she stays around another year or two

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is probably one of the better action shots of Bridget.

It's also great to not see her boobs close to falling out in a shot too! 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

There is a shot of group 2 on Twitter, I am not good at adding links.  Lisa is behind and looks completely lost through the entire 12 second clip and messing up as well.  This rookie class is classless.  They do a disservice to the vets ! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, forumborum said:

There is a shot of group 2 on Twitter, I am not good at adding links.  Lisa is behind and looks completely lost through the entire 12 second clip and messing up as well.  This rookie class is classless.  They do a disservice to the vets ! 

I think that's unfair. There are several strong rookies (Kelcey, Amanda, Chandi, Lisa), a couple of comeback girls (Lily, Kristin) and a couple that divide opinion (Kat, Meredith, VK) (I'm not sure where Taylor P sits!)

They all bring something different. Whilst I agree it's not the strongest year, the team needs a mix of personalities and strengths. 

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Did they change some of the choreo for this version of Thunderstruck? Something looks different.

Ok 100 honesty Vickster made a minor mistake but I don’t think anybody but us would notice. I really don’t thjnk it was worth being pulled. 
Maddie looks just as off beat and rushed to me as Jn the Christmas video as VK does. 

Yeah there are many other girls more talented and more senior to take that outside spot or the back of the diamond but what else do we expect. 

However LOVE Bridget at point. If they split like they did last year please open with her and WOW everybody. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Stee said:

The irony about EarlyHairflipGate is that the TV Show taught us to notice these tiny mistakes. Kelli and Judy are the ones who ingrained the idea that an early hair flip, a late leg lift, an incorrect bodyroll, an outturned knee or pidgeon toes are reasons to be kicked off the team, or suspended from a game. 


Everybody makes mistakes: Victoria is just the latest of many girls who will mess up. But I think in this instance, TPTB also made a mistake moving her up to such a prominent position before she was ready.  If they needed another leggy blonde, why not Daphne (A second year who was on showgroup twice!) or Erin?  Or Cianna?

They didn’t need a leggy blonde, they just needed an excuse to place vk in the front.

26 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Ok 100 honesty Vickster made a minor mistake but I don’t think anybody but us would notice. I really don’t thjnk it was worth being pulled. 
Maddie looks just as off beat and rushed to me as Jn the Christmas video as VK does. 

Yeah there are many other girls more talented and more senior to take that outside spot or the back of the diamond but what else do we expect. 

However LOVE Bridget at point. If they split like they did last year please open with her and WOW everybody. 

Well, they only pulled it because of the comments talking about it, so yes people noticed. It wasn’t a big deal per se, but 1. no rookie should ever be placed in a vet spot, especially someone who hasn’t had any performance experience 2.they only pulled it because it was vk.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

They didn’t need a leggy blonde, they just needed an excuse to place vk in the front.

Well, they only pulled it because of the comments talking about it, so yes people noticed. It wasn’t a big deal per se, but 1. no rookie should ever be placed in a vet spot, especially someone who hasn’t had any performance experience 2.they only pulled it because it was vk.

It wasn’t pulled from Twitter it’s still on there 

 
Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

It's blurry, but the red arrows point to her face (not her hair.)  Or look at go4Luca 's post towards the bottom of page 11 and watch the clip @ 14 second mark of the 16 second clip. 

1431203748_InkedHiVKfurthercropped_LI.thumb.jpg.d4c500d17fbf8986907ec69773bc28a4.jpg

This was Thunderstruck from last week not the "Christmas" game and she was not in that position this week.  So either TPTB changed the positions because VK had an error or the change was already planned.  However, VK had no control over where she was placed in the Triangle.  Also timing is part muscle memory and counting. I agree that putting any rookie in that position was a risk. 
 Finally,  this was such an egregious error that it took eagle eyes over 14 days to identify the error.    

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

This was Thunderstruck from last week not the "Christmas" game and she was not in that position this week.  So either TPTB changed the positions because VK had an error or the change was already planned.  However, VK had no control over where she was placed in the Triangle.  Also timing is part muscle memory and counting. I agree that putting any rookie in that position was a risk. 
 Finally,  this was such an egregious error that it took eagle eyes over 14 days to identify the error.    

Actually this is from yesterday’s game bc she took heathers spot and that is heather spot in the triangle formation 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

She has definitely stepped up the glam game this year. definitely has star potential if she stays around another year or two

But sadly, she won't get the chance.  Miss Mess-up will take her place.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It wasn’t pulled from Twitter it’s still on there 

 

Was just going to post this.  

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Actually this is from yesterday’s game bc she took heathers spot and that is heather spot in the triangle formation 

Ok, hard to tell because there are posts of 2 "Thunderstruck" one in the traditional outfit and one in the Christmas outfit.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/14/2019 at 2:16 PM, Jazzmom said:

“This board is an example of social media and body dissatisfaction”.
 I don’t understand this sentence in the post.  This is a social media forum but we cover all topics about DCC.  I’ve never seen a body dissatisfaction topic in the forum. We dissect and discuss as K&J and many other guests do on the show...
 

The point is that Body Dissatisfaction issues are increased by negative or even positive social media posts related to a person's body. There was a recent post on here about VK "hitting the feedbag" with no evidence of any change in her body.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

So if you look at the very end of this with about 2 seconds of Gina, she is not using crutches her ACL injury maybe less serious than others.  Recovery if you do not need a graft is much less time than if you need a graft or have torn more than 1 ligament.  Weight bearing after the injury usually indicates an incomplete tear. So perhaps a grain of hope for a difficult injury. 

Also just an FYI, women tend to suffer more Ligament injuries when on their menstrual cycle.  Hormones cause joints to be looser than normal.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5524267/

Edited by Athoughtfulperso
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

However, VK had no control over where she was placed in the Triangle.  

Not true.  TK and Kelli discussed it.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 16
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if anyone has already shared this, but I found a video of the girls (Show Group and alternates) performing at this year's Christmas Spectacular. Although, the person that recorded it was further away from the stage.

I noticed that Amanda is the point for the triangle formation on the field, with Rachel A. to her right and Jalyn to her left. As for the triangle formation on the stage. When Maddie switches with Amy as point, Bridget's to her right and Caroline's to her left.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I don't know if anyone has already shared this, but I found a video of the girls (Show Group and alternates) performing at this year's Christmas Spectacular. Although, the person that recorded it was further away from the stage.

I noticed that Amanda is the point for the triangle formation on the field, with Rachel A. to her right and Jalyn to her left. As for the triangle formation on the stage. When Maddie switches with Amy as point, Bridget's to her right and Caroline's to her left.

Show group doesn’t have alternates 

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Show group doesn’t have alternates 

I've watched the show long enough to know that they've chosen girls to be alternates for SG before. Judy has explained that a couple of times.

I just thought to include that because some of the ladies performing aren't official members.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Actually this is from yesterday’s game bc she took heathers spot and that is heather spot in the triangle formation 

Also, no matter where you are in the triangle, everyone comes up at the same time. So she could be at point or on the end of the last row. She was still going to be wrong.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

Also, no matter where you are in the triangle, everyone comes up at the same time. So she could be at point or on the end of the last row. She was still going to be wrong.

Another angle from yesterday's game.  Vic looks both off count and off balance. For those who don't know, Vic is fourth back on the left, just behind Bridget. 

You may need to enable sound.

https://imgur.com/a/GmLq73x

Edited by go4luca
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Another angle from yesterday's game.  Vic looks both off count and off balance. You may need to enable sound.

https://imgur.com/a/GmLq73x

Check out the blonde in the lower right of the screen; she clearly notices VK's mistake and brings one of her hands up to her head and places the other on her hip. Looks clear to me she's reacitng to VK. The hair doesn't look long/thick enough to be Judy; any idea who it could be? Would TK be allowed on the field? 

uhoh.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Check out the blonde in the lower right of the screen; she clearly notices VK's mistake and brings one of her hands up to her head and places the other on her hip. Looks clear to me she's reacitng to VK. The hair doesn't look long/thick enough to be Judy; any idea who it could be? Would TK be allowed on the field? 

uhoh.JPG

KaShara??

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Check out the blonde in the lower right of the screen; she clearly notices VK's mistake and brings one of her hands up to her head and places the other on her hip. Looks clear to me she's reacitng to VK. The hair doesn't look long/thick enough to be Judy; any idea who it could be? Would TK be allowed on the field? 

uhoh.JPG

Didn't Judy get her hair cut?

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It wasn’t pulled from Twitter it’s still on there 

 

It was from instagram

1 hour ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

This was Thunderstruck from last week not the "Christmas" game and she was not in that position this week.  So either TPTB changed the positions because VK had an error or the change was already planned.  However, VK had no control over where she was placed in the Triangle.  Also timing is part muscle memory and counting. I agree that putting any rookie in that position was a risk. 
 Finally,  this was such an egregious error that it took eagle eyes over 14 days to identify the error.    

1 hour ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

Was just going to post this.  

Ok, hard to tell because there are posts of 2 "Thunderstruck" one in the traditional outfit and one in the Christmas outfit.  

They performed it twice yesterday,so yeah the mistake was from last night and they pulled it as soon as they realiZed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

It is a constant topic of conversation among the girls all the mistakes VK makes.  What you're seeing here is the tip of the iceberg.

So basically she isn’t as loved among the ladies as certain people have stated 

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/14/2019 at 10:34 PM, Erinbridget said:

I just saw someone post this on Facebook.BE86DD54-A679-458C-8815-7825D185C483.jpeg.30f116f57d0636fa2195d71d84e2ec33.jpeg

This was a conversation I had with Victoria. She is a very friendly young lady and I enjoy chatting with her. I guess I need to watch what I post on Facebook. 

I don’t understand all the hate about her cause. Body Image Disorders are more widespread than people know. It happens with children, teenagers and adults. I personally have experience with it. To be honest I believe TPTB  participate in this type of behavior when they criticize girls about their weight publicly. Victoria was on the receiving end of this the first year she tried out and because of this she got a lot of social media hate. I applaud her for taking on this cause and telling others that it’s okay to talk about it and you aren’t alone if you are experiencing this. So now I will put on my shield because I know many don’t agree with me and the arrows will start flying my way. 🤣🤣
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not true.  TK and Kelli discussed it.

Ok so let me clarify:  TK was asked if she was willing to switch on short notice and said yes if needed. However the decision to switch was with Judy and Kelli.  There is a difference is being ask about switching and actually making the decision.  I will be more specific in the future if needed. 

31 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

It is a constant topic of conversation among the girls all the mistakes VK makes.  What you're seeing here is the tip of the iceberg.

My inside sources says this is not correct information. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

Ok so let me clarify:  TK was asked if she was willing to switch on short notice and said yes if needed. However the decision to switch was with Judy and Kelli.  There is a difference is being ask about switching and actually making the decision.  I will be more specific in the future if needed. 

My inside sources says this is not correct information. 

How do you know your inside sources aren’t telling you false info !! How do we know that the ladies are just faking it to stay in k and j good graces ? 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

From what I have heard from multiple sources is that VK is hands-down the most disliked person on the squad.  But of course if the girls do anything at all that VK perceives as even slightly negative toward her, she runs to TK who runs to Kelli who then disciplines the "offender" in some way or another.  And thus they're forced to kiss up to her and just grouse behind the scenes at all the favoritism one of the least talented dancers on the squad receives.

  • Like 13
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 13

Share this post


Link to post

I find the constant picking at VK quite interesting .... okay great she made a mistake ...  Did the crowd stop cheering and go silent ?? NO ... it was a blip - a few seconds in time and she is human .. no one at that game really cared ... . Also I am sure we can go frame by frame on any given Sunday (cheeky I know) and see someone mess up .... life is messy .... clean it up and move on .... LOL!!!!  just a thought ..... 😞 when there is no constructive criticism only destructive criticism .. what purpose does that serve ... 🤔

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I don’t understand all the hate about her cause. Body Image Disorders are more widespread than people know. It happens with children, teenagers and adults. I personally have experience with it. To be honest I believe TPTB  participate in this type of behavior when they criticize girls about their weight publicly. Victoria was on the receiving end of this the first year she tried out and because of this she got a lot of social media hate. I applaud her for taking on this cause and telling others that it’s okay to talk about it and you aren’t alone if you are experiencing this.

I respectfully disagree. I think a lot of the social media hate came from the blatant favoritism VK received that first training camp. TPTB gave her a pass on so many things that would have gotten any other TCC cut, including her obvious weight gain and her lying about the doctor's visits. So while I don't doubt VK was on the receiving end of some social media hate, I think attributing it to her weight issues is conveniently overlooking the actual root cause of it all.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

How do you know your inside sources aren’t telling you false info !! How do we know that the ladies are just faking it to stay in k and j good graces ? 

I trust my sources and you could ask the same question of the person who posts comments about "how the rest of the team feel".  There is on way to know who is being truthful or who might have a hidden agenda.  Each reader needs to decide what they believe.  I would just question when someone only posts negative stuff about a specific person on the team.  I at least have tried to comment on a variety of topics and will continue to try and do that.  

37 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

From what I have heard from multiple sources is that VK is hands-down the most disliked person on the squad.  But of course if the girls do anything at all that VK perceives as even slightly negative toward her, she runs to TK who runs to Kelli who then disciplines the "offender" in some way or another.  And thus they're forced to kiss up to her and just grouse behind the scenes at all the favoritism one of the least talented dancers on the squad receives.

As I have noted, this is not what my sources are saying.  It seems that you only receive negative information about VK.  None of the other 36 create problems, have issues or have disagreements?  I think you sources are over blowing the situation because they know you will post here. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

None of the other 36 create problems, have issues or have disagreements?  

lol probably - but when you are united against a common enemy, these things tend to work out. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size