Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I just saw someone post this on Facebook.BE86DD54-A679-458C-8815-7825D185C483.jpeg.30f116f57d0636fa2195d71d84e2ec33.jpeg

Heather should have been in Gina's spot during the last game.

And if VK suffers from a body image problem, why is she usually up front and center in photos?  IMO, her cause is an FU to this forum and others for the criticism she received.  I wouldn't be surprised if she excuses her behavior towards Jinelle last season as "she was going thru a dark time."

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

“This board is an example of social media and body dissatisfaction”.
 I don’t understand this sentence in the post.  This is a social media forum but we cover all topics about DCC.  I’ve never seen a body dissatisfaction topic in the forum. We dissect and discuss as K&J and many other guests do on the show...

This!!!  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Seriously DCC, Body Image?  You’ve literally had candidates and cheerleaders give themselves eating disorders because you tell them they need to lose weight when they’re tiny to begin with 🙄🙄

Very true. Also most of the others chose causes because of someone they know. Victoria’s cause is because of herself which when I read it came across as selfish. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Here ya go. Victoria MyCauseMyBoots: Body Image Disorder.

DCC Vic My Cause.jpg

Oh, get back, Loretta. 
hypocrisy at its finest.  Does she feel the public did that to her last year? Because certainly the organization she has been groomed for her entire life and that is her penultimate dream does not contribute to this problem.  Hypocrisy much?   Kelli, how in HELL could you have thought this was ok?  Princess VK TRULY does what she wants. 
idiot.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I agree with you 100%. I’m not a fan of hers, but I pray she doesn’t go down that path. I pray none of them go down that path. I know there’s been a lot of discussion about Daphne and Gina on social media about if they have eating disorders. I’ve kept quiet when it comes to those discussions because it’s something that I struggle with and I know what it’s like to be talked about by looking too skinny. But ever since there was a concern, I’ve kept them in my prayers and hoped everything is okay. That may sound stupid because I don’t know them personally. But trust me when I say it is one of the scariest things to go through not only for yourself, but for the people who love and care about you. 

I am a mom whose daughter struggled through an eating disorder for 4 long years. As much as I love this show, and respect many of the DCC ladies, I ALWAYS cringe when they speak to these girls about their weight. The pressure to stay thin...look perfect...stay young...look beautiful...for life is so hard for these young girls (and women in general)! Back when Chelsea was cut, I was really upset that they had called in these very thin looking girls (at least, to me they were) and said they needed to loose weight. Like someone said above, expecting a girl, from age 18-23, to stay the same weight is just unrealistic because their body is changing from a young lady into a full woman. I mean....poor Megan Sharp. Humiliated on national tv....increasing her short size by two sizes....Meredith Oden.....when she was trying out...the sign on her mirror at home about not overeating....staying thin.....Grace Sells, Elizabeth Reuter (who both worked so hard to loose the weight) yet, are called out on tv where the camera goes right to their mid section! 

It’s a double edge sword....to be a DCC! If you are privilege to make it...that’s awesome!!! BUT....the pressure to be perfect 100% of the time is why many (I believe) are one and done girls!  
I didn’t know much about ED’s before going through it with my daughter. She’s 21 now and doing well. However, an ED will stay with you forever. There will always be that ‘pull’ to stay thin. My heart and prayers go out to EVERY girl who has/does struggle with this and for the parents who can do nothing physically to help their child. I would never wish this illness on my worst enemy! To you girls (who struggle with an ED on this forum), I pray you are getting the help you need. Sending love and prayers your way! Keep moving forward! You CAN get past this!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, DCCdoll said:

this is what happens when you move VK up instead of Heather (it literally anyone else) to take ginas spot ... with tptb ever learn? 

I was just about to post this! EVERYONE WATCH TO SEE OUR PERFECT DOLL MAKE A SLIGHT MISTAKE! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

this is what happens when you move VK up instead of Heather (or literally anyone else) to take ginas spot ... with tptb ever learn? 

I was gonna say she messed up real big. How often has she done that dance? 😳

• Love 5

Has anyone seen the latest video on the DCC Instagram page? VK was early on the “you’ve been thunderstruck” move at the very end of the video. Someone even commented on it and it only got posted like 15 minutes ago. I noticed it straight away and actually rolled my eyes in the back of my head. Still trying to wrap my head around her moving so far up the triangle with Gina getting injured

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DCCdoll said:

this is what happens when you move VK up instead of Heather (or literally anyone else) to take ginas spot ... with tptb ever learn? 

Same early move she did before when she was in the back.  LOL

• Love 3

T-minus how many minutes until TPTB take down the video and put up a video where VK doesn’t mess up?  I don’t know if I’ve seen another dancer mess up that bad.  Also, I thought she said she was switching spots with Heather?  

• Love 9

And just my opinion, but VK in no way deserves to be where Heather is.  She is a Rookie and NOT the best one!  I’ve seen other videos of her in Gina’s spot where she moves too much so the line isn’t straight.  Lol I guess everyone else will get in trouble since they made VK look bad 😂😂😂

• Love 15

*VK messes up*

Instagram Comments: "Who is the blonde who messed up in the front?

This Message Board: "Oh wow, VK really screwed up!"

Kelli and Charlotte: "Awwww, poor Victoria!!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

And just my opinion, but VK in no way deserves to be where Heather is.  She is a Rookie and NOT the best one!  I’ve seen other videos of her in Gina’s spot where she moves too much so the line isn’t straight.  Lol I guess everyone else will get in trouble since they made VK look bad 😂😂😂

How many other girls thru the years have been called out for not dancing as part of a "team"?

2 minutes ago, Stee said:

*VK messes up*

Instagram Comments: "Who is the blonde who messed up in the front?

This Message Board: "Oh wow, VK really screwed up!"

Kelli and Charlotte: "Awwww, poor Victoria!!"

You know this will somehow be part of her cause next year. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 12/14/2019 at 11:03 AM, Muckypup61 said:

Here ya go. Victoria MyCauseMyBoots: Body Image Disorder.

DCC Vic My Cause.jpg

While I'm all for raising awareness towards how society (via media and other avenues) views the "ideal" woman's body vs. how a woman views her own body and all forms of body image issues that come up (eating disorders, body dysmorphia,   and the pressure to be thin (often thinner than is healthy for that specific individual), I just think it's highly ironic that THIS is the cause Victoria chose to champion when she has issues telling the truth about her own weight struggles and their causes (which doesn't seem to reflect the very things she's talking about).  HOWEVER, despite my well-known antipathy towards Victoria, I do appreciate that she's bringing attention to the situation and that there's not only the outside pressure to be thin, but that there's often a mental-health aspect to it.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, Lolfordays said:

I am sorry but this is hysterical. Not the cause. But 1) that it would be hers and 2) that an organization with impossible weight standards would even want to touch it with a ten foot pole.

They are regularly tell skinny women they are overweight — on national television.

The hypocrisy of the situation is stunning.  Unless Kelli and Judy and their entire leadership team is ready to STOP telling girls they are too heavy for the uniform (which is already small and just seems to get smaller) and that two girls with VASTLY different body types must weight the same because they're the same height and TRULY focus on nutrition, diet, and fitness as well as making sure the girls are the right weight for their height and body type, then I'm not going to believe the leadership is truly behind the cause.   However, I do appreciate that SOMEONE is bringing attention to the cause and possible causes even if I doubt her honesty and actions.  I can't even say that her cause is entirely all about her because she probably knows people (and not even the someone on the team) that has had issues with body image and how it relates to the media and/or mental health issues.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:22 AM, Jennv said:

Interesting choice, to say the least

As i stated a couple posts up, I'm not at all surprised that she made it about herself. I am surprised this is it, as anyone who has watched the show, and saw her cut for weight, might read this as a middle finger to the organization.

I don't know if it's ENTIRELY about herself, though the fact that her weight and the double standards from last season probably factored into it.  However, despite the many "causes" or "explanations" she gives for her OWN weight troubles (none of which seem to be due to her own choices), I do applaud that she chose the cause.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:34 AM, Holly85 said:

This is her why she chose this cause 

4492C58B-9A17-4848-B26B-5A3634286175.jpeg

See above.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, Jennv said:

Yeah, I read it. I doubt she meant to diss Kelli and company, but the DCC sure as heck pushes unrealistic physical standards. One could argue that they are, at least in part, the cause of her negative body image. Kelli told her she was fat on national TV. Then made a  big thing about her getting assistance losing weight from a super skinny employee. 

I don't see Kelli and Co. actually DOING anything about their own expectations for the girls because they don't see anything wrong with how they treat the girls in terms of their weight, health (mental or physical), or anything else.  The girls are all interchangeable (except for Victoria) and if one succumbs to an issue just get another one to take her place.   If we saw some long-term, realistic and sustainable change from the leadership team about how they push the girls (and, if what we've heard is true, actually pushing them into eating disorders and other unhealthy habits), THEN I'll believe that they actually learned something, but I doubt it.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, Athoughtfulperso said:

I actually think that each of the 37 made it "about them" because each story is based on something close to them.  I think helping young women deal with body image is a huge issue.  "When a person has negative thoughts and feelings about his or her own body, body dissatisfaction can develop. Body dissatisfaction is an internal process but can be influenced by several external factors. ... One of the most common external contributors to body dissatisfaction is the media, and more recently social media."

This is a serious issue.  The issue is not "about her" but because of what she experienced. this board is an example of social media and body dissatisfaction.  VK is not the only of the 37 whose body has endlessly been commented on in discussions on this and other sites. 

This is so true about the DCC.  I have issues with the concept of a person being on the team from 18 to age 22/23 and having to keep the same weight for 5 years and the same uniform.  However a person who joins at 23 and cheers till 26 has a different more mature body and less stress to keep the "same body".  I also think they should get a new uniform every year. 

No, the girls didn't make it about them, they made it about something that impacted someone close to them which is different.  Some people would call that semantics, but I don't.  Victoria is the ONLY one who chose something that has directly impacted HER.  Even Bridget, with the animal cruelty, chose something that impacted another living being who then touched her life.  However, I do applaud her for choosing something that impacts SO many people, both men and women, and bring awareness to the harm that it can do to people.  Some people may say that this board has had some impact on the health and wellness of these young women, but who has a bigger impact on them?  Kelli, Judy, Kitty and the whole leadership team who hold these girls to nearly unrealistic expectations of weight and body image FAR beyond whatever we could do.  Kelli's push to make girls at 22/23 stay the same weight they were at 18 is ridiculous.  What's also ridiculous is her insistence that girls with vastly different body shapes (which she often talks about in uniform fittings) must be the same weight as other girls on the team who are her height.  If even I, who can only fall back on high school and college biology, anatomy/physiology, and nutrition classes from years ago (and Kelli is even further away from those classes then I unless she either self-studies or consults with medical personnel) can see the problems with that while Kelli can't (or won't), then she is willfully blind to the damage she's creating with these girls.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, Jennv said:

Exactly, and while she did take a lot of heat from people over her figure on social media, who caused that? Kelli did. Her mom's supposedly best friend exploited her weight gain for ratings. If they hadn't broadcasted it all over TV, then no one would be talking about it on social media. Hell, they don't just air it on the episode, they repost the clip on Facebook to get people to watch. They want people to talk about it, they encourage it, even. 

She did take a lot of heat on social media and, no, Kelli did not cause that.  Victoria did.  Victoria was supposedly groomed for this her entire life, knew the so-called standards she would be held to and ignored them by either stuffing her face or ignoring what the doctors (either medical or nutritionists) told her to do.  Even if she claims she didn't like what the thyroid medicine did to her (and yes, she admitted to that), then she should have gone to her primary care doctor (as nutritionists and/or dieticians can't prescribe medicines as far as I know) and gotten a referral to someone who could help her get the right medicine in the right dosage over a period of time.  Kelli tried to help her as much as she could, albeit in the wrong way, and tried to support her.  However, Kelli is also the one who is the ringleader for the unhealthy, unrealistic standards for weight she imposes on the girls.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, Erinbridget said:

I agree with you 100%. I’m not a fan of hers, but I pray she doesn’t go down that path. I pray none of them go down that path. I know there’s been a lot of discussion about Daphne and Gina on social media about if they have eating disorders. I’ve kept quiet when it comes to those discussions because it’s something that I struggle with and I know what it’s like to be talked about by looking too skinny. But ever since there was a concern, I’ve kept them in my prayers and hoped everything is okay. That may sound stupid because I don’t know them personally. But trust me when I say it is one of the scariest things to go through not only for yourself, but for the people who love and care about you. 

I don't wish any of the body issues and disorders on any of the girls.  That is some scary stuff and can cause all sorts of problems.  It's also a lot of hard work to overcome and will likely be with them their entire lives if they have to deal with it.  I hope that, if ANY of the girls have such issues, that they go to a reputable, reliable person who can help them work through the root causes, help them get away from some of the pressures that can trigger some of the episodes, and frankly, just get away from the DCC.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:48 PM, TxBex said:

Actually, I don't think it was meant as a criticism of the org. VK would never slander the DCC, and it would never get past Kelli if she thought it made the org look bad. I think it was a carefully orchestrated choice. It fits in perfectly with Victoria's triumphant rise-like-a-phoenix redemption story line this year, and it makes the DCC look like they actually care about self body image issues. It's a win/win for everyone.

Every season there's always some contrived segment about healthy eating or Cowboy Fit to show how much the  DCC org cares about the health and well being of their ladies. I guess we're supposed to forget the countless times Kelli has drilled into our heads how if a TCC doesn't look good in the uniform, that's a reason she won't make the team. I think the irony escapes them.

See above. 

22 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Seriously DCC, Body Image?  You’ve literally had candidates and cheerleaders give themselves eating disorders because you tell them they need to lose weight when they’re tiny to begin with 🙄🙄

We've heard too many horror stories about the pressure placed on the girls to stay thin no matter how they get that way.  Proper diet and nutrition?  Plenty of sleep? Plenty of water?  Hah!  None of that matters.  We've heard of girls starving themselves, doing certain drugs, and ridiculous diets to lose pounds they didn't have to lose just because Kelli thinks they look too soft when they're not.

17 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Keep her back in the back! How come no one else is moving up like that? Oh right, she's so freaking amazing and one of the best on the squad! Lol 

Victoria should have remained in her assigned spot (maybe even moved up a row) and move the veterans around to fill in spots.  Instead, she gets not one, but two prime spots because of who she knows, not what she can do. 

7 hours ago, KatieC said:

Very true. Also most of the others chose causes because of someone they know. Victoria’s cause is because of herself which when I read it came across as selfish. 

I totally agree.  Victoria's cause is the only one that she has personally experienced to some degree while the causes the others have championed happened to others and impacts them second-hand.  It can certainly read as selfish, but I do really appreciate her choice and the attention it will bring.  This is one time that her notoriety, and the scrutiny she's under, will actually do someone other than herself some good because it will bring attention to a worthwhile cause.  It might cause someone to actually admit the truth to themselves and to not only get the help they need, but put the work in to make things better for themselves.

7 hours ago, DAthene said:

Oh, get back, Loretta. 
hypocrisy at its finest.  Does she feel the public did that to her last year? Because certainly the organization she has been groomed for her entire life and that is her penultimate dream does not contribute to this problem.  Hypocrisy much?   Kelli, how in HELL could you have thought this was ok?  Princess VK TRULY does what she wants. 
idiot.  

See above.

6 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I am a mom whose daughter struggled through an eating disorder for 4 long years. As much as I love this show, and respect many of the DCC ladies, I ALWAYS cringe when they speak to these girls about their weight. The pressure to stay thin...look perfect...stay young...look beautiful...for life is so hard for these young girls (and women in general)! Back when Chelsea was cut, I was really upset that they had called in these very thin looking girls (at least, to me they were) and said they needed to loose weight. Like someone said above, expecting a girl, from age 18-23, to stay the same weight is just unrealistic because their body is changing from a young lady into a full woman. I mean....poor Megan Sharp. Humiliated on national tv....increasing her short size by two sizes....Meredith Oden.....when she was trying out...the sign on her mirror at home about not overeating....staying thin.....Grace Sells, Elizabeth Reuter (who both worked so hard to loose the weight) yet, are called out on tv where the camera goes right to their mid section! 

It’s a double edge sword....to be a DCC! If you are privilege to make it...that’s awesome!!! BUT....the pressure to be perfect 100% of the time is why many (I believe) are one and done girls!  
I didn’t know much about ED’s before going through it with my daughter. She’s 21 now and doing well. However, an ED will stay with you forever. There will always be that ‘pull’ to stay thin. My heart and prayers go out to EVERY girl who has/does struggle with this and for the parents who can do nothing physically to help their child. I would never wish this illness on my worst enemy! To you girls (who struggle with an ED on this forum), I pray you are getting the help you need. Sending love and prayers your way! Keep moving forward! You CAN get past this!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

See above.

• Love 4

Of course they took it down! So many mean people were bullying VK in the comments by pointing out her mistake and that *this is why you don’t put a rookie in these spots* instead of blaming the other 35 girls for not changing the choreo to follow poor VK.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

14EDCDB4-DBBD-4148-9A1C-80DAA2579AFB.thumb.jpeg.c7ad9fcfea0a5f8930f2acc8d4dd1a6f.jpeg

I was able to screen grab off of Facebook.  I’m sure that video will be gone soon too!  Sorry it’s blurry but you can see somebody’s head up before anyone else. 

Edited by Amk2017
  • Love 7

Madeline is doing an awesome job with the BTS on their IG stories.  It's always nice to see different girls for a change.

Like Bridget getting to be point during part of the halftime:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Same early move she did before when she was in the back.  LOL

Anywhere else I can view this clip? It seems it’s been removed lol

1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anywhere else I can view this clip? It seems it’s been removed lol

Nevermind, I spoke too soon!

• Love 1

Do they have interns running their social media? I don’t understand why they would think it’s okay to post that shot .. knowing someone messed up that obvious. 

it’s not good practice to remove a post, then post another as a cover up . It’s too late for that and too many people saw it . Smh 

dear dcc, I’m available if you need to hire an expert (I’m not an expert btw) ..

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Do they have interns running their social media? I don’t understand why they would think it’s okay to post that shot .. knowing someone messed up that obvious. 

They have posted many videos where someone screws up.  It's going to happen - part of a live performance.  But they usually don't pull them.  The DCC MTT account has started to post video clips from thru the years featuring the girls saying/doing things they would rather just forget about.  I mean, in the grand scheme of things, VK doing her hair flip early isn't horrible, but yet they pull the clip anyway.  But let's leave up the one where Kaitlyn LeGrand misses a practice.  Or a girl has a meltdown.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

The DCC organization has gone so far as to institutionalize unhealthy body image expectations by requiring their cheerleaders to sign a contract stipulating that maintaining an unrealistic weight level is a requirement for keeping their job.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli's push to make girls at 22/23 stay the same weight they were at 18 is ridiculous. 

I can't with this about DCC.  If you look at a standard growth chart from 2 through 20 years old, girls gain weight until they are 21! at least! and it is normal!!!  Ugh.  I tell my high school patients this every year--- it is normal for you to weigh more every time I see you... NORMAL!!!!!!!!

And then Kelli gets annoyed when someone faints because they didn't eat. UGH!  I am so close to being done with the DCC

Edited by omgtv
typo
  • Love 10