Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

These are all great causes!  My daughter endured bullying in middle school and high school, my sister, at the age of 48,  is a survivor of breast cancer (just finished her radiation treatments last week and got the all clear scan on her nodes), my aunt is a survivor of ovarian cancer and my great uncle passed on Christmas Day several years ago from complications of Parkinson's Disease.  So these are all causes near and dear to me 🙂 

I was bullied in middle school and high school as well !! This is why I try not to say mean things abt the ladies on the squad 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 5
On 12/12/2019 at 7:47 AM, aeroluv327 said:

Hmmm, interesting voting results at the bottom of the article!  Victoria and Meredith are tied for favorite rookie (Amanda not too far behind).  Maddie is overwhelmingly the favorite vet.

Well Amanda is crushing her now 

• Love 11
On 12/13/2019 at 5:54 AM, PattiD4DCC said:

Sometimes I'm really surprised by how out of step I am with other DCC fans -- polar opposites in fact!  

To each her own makes the world go 'round ... or something like that. 

Can we vote? If so, where? 

4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Love Brianna and her cause! Foster kids can’t get enough support IMO, especially the ones aging out. 

These have all been fantastic. 

They started added group 4s causes on the dcc Facebook page !!

• Love 2

Sheesh.  I step away for a moment (life and all that sort of stuff) and all heck breaks loose.  I would have LOVED to jump in and say some things, but won't because a) mods have declared a cease-and-desist on the discussion; b) I don't want to get in trouble for starting everything up again; and c) even if I didn't get in trouble for continuing the discussion, there is a distinct possibility I could have gotten in trouble for some of the things I WOULD have said, so maybe it was a good thing I came late to the party.

As for the causes we've see the girls choose for the "My Cause, My Boots" this year, so far I'm impressed.  I'm just waiting to see what Victoria's chosen.  I'm also waiting to see how well these girls can represent themselves and the causes.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Sheesh.  I step away for a moment (life and all that sort of stuff) and all heck breaks loose.  I would have LOVED to jump in and say some things, but won't because a) mods have declared a cease-and-desist on the discussion; b) I don't want to get in trouble for starting everything up again; and c) even if I didn't get in trouble for continuing the discussion, there is a distinct possibility I could have gotten in trouble for some of the things I WOULD have said, so maybe it was a good thing I came late to the party.

As for the causes we've see the girls choose for the "My Cause, My Boots" this year, so far I'm impressed.  I'm just waiting to see what Victoria's chosen.  I'm also waiting to see how well these girls can represent themselves and the causes.

I don’t think they will post the cause she chose she is the only one that haven’t released yet 

11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I really, really hope Victoria, or one of the adults in room, has enough sense not to choose cyber bullying or thyroid condition for her. As in:

Rest if the team: in honor of my grandma/ grandpa, mom/dad, sibling, aunt/uncle, good friend...

Victoria: In honor of myself...

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I am sorry but this is hysterical. Not the cause. But 1) that it would be hers and 2) that an organization with impossible weight standards would even want to touch it with a ten foot pole.

They are regularly tell skinny women they are overweight — on national television.

Interesting choice, to say the least

As i stated a couple posts up, I'm not at all surprised that she made it about herself. I am surprised this is it, as anyone who has watched the show, and saw her cut for weight, might read this as a middle finger to the organization.

Edited by Jennv
Sp
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Jennv said:

As i stated a couple posts up, I'm not at all surprised that she made it about herself. I am surprised this is it, as anyone who has watched the show, and saw her cut for weight, might read this as a middle finger to the organization.

This is her why she chose this cause 

4492C58B-9A17-4848-B26B-5A3634286175.jpeg

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

This is her why she chose this cause 

4492C58B-9A17-4848-B26B-5A3634286175.jpeg

Yeah, I read it. I doubt she meant to diss Kelli and company, but the DCC sure as heck pushes unrealistic physical standards. One could argue that they are, at least in part, the cause of her negative body image. Kelli told her she was fat on national TV. Then made a  big thing about her getting assistance losing weight from a super skinny employee. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I actually think that each of the 37 made it "about them" because each story is based on something close to them.  I think helping young women deal with body image is a huge issue.  "When a person has negative thoughts and feelings about his or her own body, body dissatisfaction can develop. Body dissatisfaction is an internal process but can be influenced by several external factors. ... One of the most common external contributors to body dissatisfaction is the media, and more recently social media."

This is a serious issue.  The issue is not "about her" but because of what she experienced. this board is an example of social media and body dissatisfaction.  VK is not the only of the 37 whose body has endlessly been commented on in discussions on this and other sites. 

Just now, Jennv said:

Yeah, I read it. I doubt she meant to diss Kelli and company, but the DCC sure as heck pushes unrealistic physical standards. One could argue that they are, at least in part, the cause of her negative body image. Kelli told her she was fat on national TV. Then made a  big thing about her getting assistance losing weight from a super skinny employee. 

This is so true about the DCC.  I have issues with the concept of a person being on the team from 18 to age 22/23 and having to keep the same weight for 5 years and the same uniform.  However a person who joins at 23 and cheers till 26 has a different more mature body and less stress to keep the "same body".  I also think they should get a new uniform every year. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

I actually think that each of the 37 made it "about them" because each story is based on something close to them.  I think helping young women deal with body image is a huge issue.  "When a person has negative thoughts and feelings about his or her own body, body dissatisfaction can develop. Body dissatisfaction is an internal process but can be influenced by several external factors. ... One of the most common external contributors to body dissatisfaction is the media, and more recently social media."

This is a serious issue.  The issue is not "about her" but because of what she experienced. this board is an example of social media and body dissatisfaction.  VK is not the only of the 37 whose body has endlessly been commented on in discussions on this and other sites. 

This is so true about the DCC.  I have issues with the concept of a person being on the team from 18 to age 22/23 and having to keep the same weight for 5 years and the same uniform.  However a person who joins at 23 and cheers till 26 has a different more mature body and less stress to keep the "same body".  I also think they should get a new uniform every year. 

Exactly, and while she did take a lot of heat from people over her figure on social media, who caused that? Kelli did. Her mom's supposedly best friend exploited her weight gain for ratings. If they hadn't broadcasted it all over TV, then no one would be talking about it on social media. Hell, they don't just air it on the episode, they repost the clip on Facebook to get people to watch. They want people to talk about it, they encourage it, even. 

I agree it is a serious issue, Im just surprised anyone on the team, especially Victoria, would take it up. Victoria seems like the one who has drunk the most of K and C's Kool aid. It seems a little rebellious. Like a thinly veiled criticism of the organization's standards and methods.

Edited by Jennv
Sp
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Athoughtfulperso said:

“This board is an example of social media and body dissatisfaction”.
 I don’t understand this sentence in the post.  This is a social media forum but we cover all topics about DCC.  I’ve never seen a body dissatisfaction topic in the forum. We dissect and discuss as K&J and many other guests do on the show...

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I’m not a fan of her, but I am happy she’s bringing awareness to this🥺

I hope she doesn't give herself an eating disorder to stay on the team. I don't like her either, but i hope she takes her own advice and just retires if she can't keep the weight off, rather than going to extremes to stick around for 5 or 6 years.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I hope she doesn't give herself an eating disorder to stay on the team. I don't like her either, but i hope she takes her own advice and just retires if she can't keep the weight off, rather than going to extremes to stick around for 5 or 6 years.

I agree with you 100%. I’m not a fan of hers, but I pray she doesn’t go down that path. I pray none of them go down that path. I know there’s been a lot of discussion about Daphne and Gina on social media about if they have eating disorders. I’ve kept quiet when it comes to those discussions because it’s something that I struggle with and I know what it’s like to be talked about by looking too skinny. But ever since there was a concern, I’ve kept them in my prayers and hoped everything is okay. That may sound stupid because I don’t know them personally. But trust me when I say it is one of the scariest things to go through not only for yourself, but for the people who love and care about you. 

• Love 13

But all in all, I love that they’ve been doing this the past few years. The DCC platform reaches so many and I think every fan is touched by a cause in a personal way and since the fan base is worldwide, bringing awareness to these important causes, especially causes that are not as well known or talked about as much, is a beautiful thing. 

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

But all in all, I love that they’ve been doing this the past few years. The DCC platform reaches so many and I think every fan is touched by a cause in a personal way and since the fan base is worldwide, bringing awareness to these important causes, especially causes that are not as well known or talked about as much, is a beautiful thing. 

I'm not entirely clear on the details. Is the campaign only to raise awareness, or are they raising money as well? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Body dysmorphia is definitely a thing, too, and it’s growing bounds thanks to platforms like Instagram. I follow a subreddit called Instagram Reality and it’s really sad how many gorgeous, fit women distort themselves to be thinner, prettier, etc. 

It feels a bit on the nose, but it’s a great cause.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Exactly, and while she did take a lot of heat from people over her figure on social media, who caused that? Kelli did. Her mom's supposedly best friend exploited her weight gain for ratings. If they hadn't broadcasted it all over TV, then no one would be talking about it on social media. Hell, they don't just air it on the episode, they repost the clip on Facebook to get people to watch. They want people to talk about it, they encourage it, even. 

I agree it is a serious issue, Im just surprised anyone on the team, especially Victoria, would take it up. Victoria seems like the one who has drunk the most of K and C's Kool aid. It seems a little rebellious. Like a thinly veiled criticism of the organization's standards and methods.

Actually, I don't think it was meant as a criticism of the org. VK would never slander the DCC, and it would never get past Kelli if she thought it made the org look bad. I think it was a carefully orchestrated choice. It fits in perfectly with Victoria's triumphant rise-like-a-phoenix redemption story line this year, and it makes the DCC look like they actually care about self body image issues. It's a win/win for everyone.

Every season there's always some contrived segment about healthy eating or Cowboy Fit to show how much the  DCC org cares about the health and well being of their ladies. I guess we're supposed to forget the countless times Kelli has drilled into our heads how if a TCC doesn't look good in the uniform, that's a reason she won't make the team. I think the irony escapes them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I'm not entirely clear on the details. Is the campaign only to raise awareness, or are they raising money as well? 

I’m actually not too sure. I thought it was only raising awareness, which is great. But if they were raising money as well that would be amazing. But I don’t think so, I think it’s more bringing awareness to the causes by posting them, sharing their stories, and wearing their colored boot during the game. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, haha. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Here ya go. Victoria MyCauseMyBoots: Body Image Disorder.

DCC Vic My Cause.jpg

Seriously DCC, Body Image?  You’ve literally had candidates and cheerleaders give themselves eating disorders because you tell them they need to lose weight when they’re tiny to begin with 🙄🙄

• Love 18