Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Welcome to Bowling

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With Calvin down a teammate for his annual bowling championship, Dave offers to fill in and soon finds his mediation skills put to the test when he meets the competition: Calvin's arch-rivals, the Pink Ladies. Also, Gemma and Tina dare to face off against each other for the top ranking in an arcade game.

Airdate: 11/18/2019

The Pink Ladies must have not been all that great as bowlers, if all Dave and Calvin needed was one strike to win, after Calvin was throwing gutters, or knocking down 1 or 2 pins each time until the end.

I want a trophy cup full of nachos. Excellent idea, Calvin!

No Grover. I wonder where he was when all the adults were at the bowling alley and Marty and Malcolm weren't watching him. Didn't miss him, though.

I like that even when Tina and Gemma are feuding, it still feels like they're friends.

• Love 3

Tina's "I got two grown kids, ain't nobody thinking about that!" refrain cracked me up. And I like that Calvin is on board with being Dave's friend - when he calls it out, when he was doing the victory dance ("I'm-a pass it to ya!"), and when he was all "hell yeah, let's fill this trophy with nachos!" You know it means the world to Dave.

I didn't miss Grover either.

• Love 3

Gawd help me, I'm actually starting to like this show.

I only started watching it because I was sort of curious about Bob Hearts Abishola, and it was easier to just let this show burble on in the background than it is to remember to turn on the TV or change the channel.  But so help me, it actually caught my attention a time or two, and I started watching a few episodes this season, and I'm finding I like it much better than the incessant promos last year told me I would.  You know the ones.  The "Grover?!?  Grover Johnson!?!" commercials that you could not avoid?  Which actually caused me to avoid the show altogether?  CBS needs better promo monkeys.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Gawd help me, I'm actually starting to like this show.

I only started watching it because I was sort of curious about Bob Hearts Abishola, and it was easier to just let this show burble on in the background than it is to remember to turn on the TV or change the channel.  But so help me, it actually caught my attention a time or two, and I started watching a few episodes this season, and I'm finding I like it much better than the incessant promos last year told me I would.  You know the ones.  The "Grover?!?  Grover Johnson!?!" commercials that you could not avoid?  Which actually caused me to avoid the show altogether?  CBS needs better promo monkeys.

I am starting to catch up with this and I like it. I have to credit the actors, three of whom have been favorites of mine with excellent sitcom cred (Arnold, Behrs and Cedric). I’d never seen the Dave guy before, but he fits in well with team. 

• Love 2